Everyone agrees that Batman and Spider-Man have the best rogues galleries. But who has the third best?

Everyone agrees that Batman and Spider-Man have the best rogues galleries. But who has the third best?

Attached: green-goblin-wallpaper-17_large.jpg (480x364, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5gr75OQabg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Superman?

Either The Flash or the Fantastic Four

Aladdin.

Attached: 768.png (640x480, 244K)

Gotta go with Superman. Luther is arguably the best villain ever, so that's worth a lot of points on his own. Then you've got Brainiac, Bizarro (if this counts), Zod, Mr. Myx, Metallo, Doomsday, Parasite, Mongul, Cyborg Superman. He's got variety, quality, and quantity.

Honorable mentions: X-Men, Fantastic Four, Thor, Flash.

The Fantastic Four if you include those that started as their villains like Galactus or Kang or Doom.

The correct answer.

X-Men

Magneto, the Hellfire Club, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Silver Samurai, Onslaught

Probably Flash?

Flash easy

Superman, if you really don't like his villains then the Fantastic Four

Superman and Flash tied, followed by X-Men. A ton of variety and flexibility exists for every iconic Supes and Flash villain for either one-and-done stories or event arcs.

the FF

Hard to beat magneto... I beat it to magneto, it's not hard anymore.

Attached: pascal-ackermann-magneto-cghub.jpg (1920x1279, 256K)

Darkwing Duck

yeah definitely superman. part of why i loved the post crisis era in particular

Attached: 92838.jpg (412x606, 77K)

Superman post-crisis pre-Death is awesome. Wish Byrne would get an omnibus

Goku.

Captain America has an underrated as fuck rogues so preference wise him. Overall though probably supes

Kim Possible

Superman
>Brainiac
>Bizarro
>Lex Luthor
>Mister Mxyzptlk
>Doomsday
>General Zod
>Parasyte
>Toyman

Flash

Things like Doomsday and Braniac don't really count as rogues gallery material they are Justice League level threats.

While magneto is the best villain in all of marvel comics, the rest are sort of mediocre.

>Dr. Doom
>mediocre
I know he's more of an anti-hero these days but still...

Attached: 0c0f75600c5731943bec2449c4f8216c224e93a1.jpg (650x845, 87K)

Doom isn't an X-Men villain

Magneto honestly carries a lot of that. If it wasn't for him then I don't think they would be in the running

This.

Although even as a huge Supermanfag, the Flash is probably just as or almost as good.

Brainiac is 100% a Superman villain. Almost all of his stories are in either Superman or AC. Same goes for Doomsday, who is literally only known for killing Superman. Just because they're powerful doesn't make them Justice League villains.

>all these people saying Flash
Redpill me on his rogue's gallery, i only know Reverse Flash and Captain Cold

Mr Sinister is also really good but I agree that the rest of the gallery is kinda weak.

>Heatwave
>Golden Glider
>The Trickster
>Captain Boomerang
>The Top
>Mirror Master
>Weather Wizard
They for the most part are criminals with diverse powers who united to defeat the Flash,they follow a rule to not harm any civillians and most of them are good-ish people who hate the Flash and want Money.
Not really a Rogue but
>Gorilla Grodd

The Brood is pretty awesome.

For the people who say the Fantastic Four, can someone educate me on their rogues gallery? I only know of Doom and Annihilus as rogues that are supposed to be god-tier. I know they have Impossible Man and the Mole Man as well but aren't they not used that much?

lol what? one is known for killing superman, and the other is the definitive #2 superman archvillain after luthor. threat level is irrelevant: it's superman, he deals with threats.

HAHAHA!

No seriously...

flash

Magneto for most of his existence barely qualifies as a villain. Norman is the true Marvel GOAT

Attached: normy.png (478x302, 229K)

Daily reminder that Yea Forums is full of casuals.

considering how boring the flash and his comics are, his villains are just about the only reason to read

>Galactus
>Skrulls
>Yancy Street Gang

They also have Galactus, Namor (for most of the 60s, and for a while, second only to Doom), The Frightful Four (Sandman was actually a more active villain as part of this team than he was of Spider-Man's for a long time), The Mad Thinker, Puppet Master, Skrulls, Diablo and Klaw.

Black Panther, The Inhumans and Silver Surfer also started as villains for them.

Also, Mole Man was one of their biggest recurring foes behind Doom and Namor (he was just spaced out by longer time periods) and has the advantage of being their first villain and the first supervillain of Silver Age Marvel.

>Batman
>best rogues
I'll take a lot of those from this list before his. The Joker is overrated as all hell.

I was well aware of Galactus but I thought by now, he was a general MU villain or force of nature?

I also thought Klaw was more or less a BP villain? Still mad that they killed him off in the movie.

Flash

A lot of those things "belong" elsewhere now but original appeared in FF, kind of like Kingpin going from Spider-Man to Daredevil. Kirby and Lee's run on FF is where most of the Marvel Universe itself comes from.

You can take away the Joker and 5 others and Batman would still have the best gallery by a mile

Yeah, I'm aware of how important Kirby and Lee's FF was, so I've always wanted to read it and I'm aware a lot of things come from that run but clearly I'm out of the loop.

I prefer Spiderman's to his.

I respect your opinion

Why? Most Brainiac stories after his reintroduction in Superman: Brainiac are in Superman stories. Doomsday, in my memory, has never fought the JL other than in his appearance

this is a very outdated thought
spiderman has only about 3 good villains now if anything hes on par with supermans rogue gallery
xmen have better villains than spiderman

I was referring to the dude who said that neither were more JL villains in the first place.

Comics don’t expire

Klaw is an interesting case.

Technically, he should be, and is often called, Black Panther's archenemy, but his actual appearances in BP's own comics are extremely minimal, mostly flashbacks. He's appeared more in FF and Avengers (as one of the Masters of Evil) than any BP comics.

>a rational person in a comic books thread in which something is being compared
Shit I leaped realities again. Did clown day happen in this one?

Not Rogues, but also
>Tarpit
>Girder
>Magneta
>Abra Kadabra
>Professor Zoom
>Reverse Flash
>Savitar
>Turtle
>Godspeed
>Peek a Boo
I know there are a shit ton of others I can’t remember, but all of Flash’s villains are fucking awesome because of shit like this. Fuck Batman

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1883, 2.03M)

People only say that because they're the ones they're most familiar with thanks to thier cartoons.

Most people didn't think that about Flash until the CW show got popular.

We aren’t all as casual as (You)

Interesting. What is some recommended reading for Klaw? He seems like such a cool, fun character.

Cobalt blue was nice.
Fuck Batman

>>Turtle
of course The Flash has a villain named.. Turtle

>brainiac isn’t a Superman villain

You’re one of THOSE people aren’t you? The same exact person who’d say Doom
Isn’t a F4 villain?

The one and only Mr Spiderman. No relation to Spider-Man of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=5gr75OQabg0

Barry Allen's first villan

any relation to turtle olsen?

Attached: turtle jimmy olsen.jpg (290x196, 34K)

Who would you say has an underrated rogues gallery? My vote is Wonder Woman.

Doctor Strange. People just bring up Dormammu and Mephisto (Shuma Gorath I guess too cause of the Capcom fighting games), but there's other good ones like Nightmare who seldom get a mention.

Attached: 8f09e14d52fa950af8338e7018f11798.jpg (1200x1136, 705K)

Wonder Woman should have one of the best rogue's galleries in capes, and some of the best comics period if it used its Greek mythological heritage properly. Who's she got?

>Doctor Psycho (fine, kind of a shittier hector hammond)
>Cheetah (she's fine)
>Silver Swan (stupid villain)
>Nazis
Then we dip into the greek myths for
>Ares
>Zeus
>Hera
>Hades
>etc.
What's missing exacty, I can't put my finger on it. Does she have a Joker? A Lex? Is it Ares? Idk. Maybe it should be

Spidey's rogues are trash. You're confusing your love of the character for an interest in the half-assed foes he is fighting.

Flash is the correct answer, with the FF or X-Men acceptable answers.

Wouldn't Hector Hammond be a shittier Doctor Psycho? Who the fuck even likes Hammond? Psycho is actually legitimately creepy while still remaining at least somewhat sympathetic, plus his powers allow for some cool visuals at least.

Anyway, Wondy's Lex is either Cheetah or Veronica Cale. Don't forget that she has other villains too, like Giganta or Doctor Poison. And Circe.

And Silver Swan is fine. Always a sympathetic, tragic villain.

One thing I like about Wondy and her villains is that sometimes she actually redeems them, which should be played up more.

The only thing that disqualifies Supe's rogues is their tendency to become League threats.

>is actually legitimately creepy while still remaining at least somewhat sympathetic
I would describe Hammond this way
> Don't forget that she has other villains too, like Giganta or Doctor Poison. And Circe.
You're right, I did forget them. I haven't read Wonder Woman comics in a long time admittedly

Bugs Bunny

Flash.

Attached: rogues_group_shot_by_afangirlsdream.png (1024x704, 986K)

Hammond seemed to be being set-up to be Hal's archenemy in Green Lantern #5, it's just that he was overshadowed by Sinestro just a few issues later.

Hammond was originally quite different from what he became. He was basically an evil(er) Tony Stark and was doing the corrupt philanthropist thing decades before Luthor; the difference being that he had enslaved people who he evolved into future men to create things for him. He's shown to be surprisingly competent for a guy with no powers, and successfully seduced Carol Ferris until he was exposed. It was also the first full-length Silver Age GL story.

Then they had him evolve himself into a big-headed freak in a Justice League crossover and he's never regained his potential. Still, he was second only to Sinestro (who had a LONG hiatus after his first few, almost consecutive appearances) as Hal's biggest villain during the Silver Age. He also founded the Royal Flush Gang and organized the first team-up of GL villains.

Since they've been steadily moving Lex back into his role as mad scientist the past few years and modern Sivana has become more magic-based, Hammond could fill a niche if returned to his original portrayal; make him DC's Tony Stark without any redeeming qualities.

Attached: Hammond.png (997x916, 1.61M)

>X-Men rogues are better than Spider-Man's

Attached: 1547614710768.gif (313x240, 2M)

are you GL bro from /shelf/ ?

All those later villains are such non entities.

Even without the Joker there still Mr Freeze, Catwoman,Penguin,Bane, Riddler,Mad Hatter,Ra's, Hugo Strange,Mad Hatter etc

They are all fantastic villains with unique motivations, looks, background and personalities.

Nah, just a GL fan who has come to prefer earth-bound Hal and Alan to all the cosmic BS.

Spider-man. Flash has the second best.

Who’s the best rouge and why is it weather wizard

Bats > Spider > Supes > X-Men > Flash > F4 > GL > WW

No way GL and WW are better than Thor

F4 or Doctor Strange

Flash even though Magneto carries x-men villains by himself

That's not Captain Cold or the second Mirror Master.

>people who hate the Flash and want Money.

i love when villains are autistically obsessed with the hero. like black manta

Has Toyman even shown up in the Rebirth era?

Attached: 1372204378256.jpg (300x314, 42K)

And I'm sure you think Kang matters at all...

Everything from early Marvel was tied to the FF, but as Marvel grew, FF has had a lot of villains that went off to other heroes/teams.

Did he even show up in the N52 era?

Most of his villains besides Goblin, Sinister Six and based Stilt are mediocre

No he's more like just another powerful dude who makes Storm wet, like Dracula.

> two times Mad Hatter
You like the Imposter Hatter? Cool.
However you forgot to put Scarecrow in your comment :(

>No Two-face

Attached: Blank+_f9fd838dc3bd60541d36e2410a2709db.png (195x232, 39K)

Overused, overrated.

More like Underused

Second this. Besides the ones you mentioned, there’s some fun ones like Mordo, silver dagger, agamotto, xandu and hell even Sise-neg. Too bad many of his are one-offs or rarely show up

What he lacks is a cold, calculating one I think, most of his rogues are the crazy grandstanding or the sinister “just toying around” type

Batman
Spiderman
Superman
Flash

In that order.

Speaking of groups:
X-men
Fantastic four

Are the best ones

I agree Green Goblin is a plagiarism of Joker.

Who are the Avegners' villans, besides Kang, Immortus and AIM?

Wanna go ahead and guess his power?

He was on Bendis' The Man of Steel for like two pages

The Flash, mainly because they bring something different to the table(a loosely organised group) compared to everyone elses rogues who are all autonomous.

fuck yeah

Why? Most of his villians are retarded. Rhino being a prime example.

>Two open spots Richards could have used to win.
>Third one is blocked down the bottom right corner.

Richards got Doom in three ways in one move somehow. Doom should have had at least two chances to block him previously(either when he placed the three vertical red tokens or when he placed the top diagonal red token).

Conclusion: Either Doom sucks at Connect 4 or this is a Doombot that Richards has reprogrammed to lose at childrens games to inflate his ego.

/thread

Bendis.

Toyman has so much potential but no one ever wants to do anything with him.

fantastic four

To be fair, Rhino was kept out of Spider-Man comics for a long time after his first two appearances, so was Electro, Scorpion and (after the Ditko run) Sandman.

Flash, Supes, or the Fantastic Four

Or X-Men