Why wasn't he part of the Justile league movie?

Why wasn't he part of the Justile league movie?

Attached: media.jpg (1020x385, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

madghost.com/film/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They haven't found an actor with the right buns yet

Green constructs difficult to animate.

Probably time constraints and still suffering PTSD over the fallout from the GL movie. It's crazy how one film made a character toxic for merchandise and television.

The CGI for him alone would be quite the task. I really want a proper ANIMATED Green Lantern Corps series or movie.

You know what? A Green Lantern: Into the Lanternverse with a breakthrough animation, style and character would be so good.

There is a movie in development madghost.com/film/

Attached: GL.png (1124x626, 525K)

>Unite the Seven
>wait shit I meant six

The Green lantern movie bombed so bad it poisoned the merchandising well. WB merchandising wants nothing to do with the Green Lantern franchise, and especially Hal Jordan.

I wonder how the DCCU would have evolved if that movie diddn't tank

He was in space doing space shit probably, that's the always a good excuse

Basically it’s what evolved into the DCWverse at least partially

Memes

But also budget.

Snyder probably had something equal parts idiotic and horrific planned 15 movies later for them.

He's the hardest member to include since he isn't earth based like the others. And his movie tanked

IIRC, WB's rough "plans" to launch DCCU around time of the green lantern movie were to incorparate the Nolan Batman films into it, and follow it up with a Superman reboot(which would eventually become Man of Steel), as well as Flash Wonder Woman movies, which they had no plans for, and of course Justice League.

Since there were no plans for the later three it's impossible to get any idea how those would of went. Man of Steel may have been closer to Green lantern in tone than The Dark Knight films, maybe? It's easiest to predict how it would have effected Dark Knight Rises. WB would want Nolan to reference Green lantern or the upcoming Superman film. He'd either agree or he may have walked. WB might have offered Bale more money to stay around but it's questionable whether he'd have agreed. Nolan didn't want his Batman to be part of a shared universe, and Bale was supportive of Nolan's vision.

I hope when they finally get to making that GLC movie, the constructs don't look like generic CGI Hollywood magical energy and have a more solid, unique look to them. I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to get right but GL deserves better.

This.

Nah, I think MMH is harder to include since he's not popular enough to warrant his own solo movie so you'd have to pull a Vision and introduce him in a JL movie.

Green Lantern is considered movie poison. Execs think the character is to much of a turnoff that might cause people to avoid the movie since his solo movie was total shit

Market research says:
>Batman Good!
>Superman Good!
>Green Lantern real bad!

They still remember the first movie and most people associate John Stewart as Green Lantern rather than Hal Jordan; heck they even recognize Kilowog or Guy but fail to identify Hal.

Attached: hal-jordan-punches-batman.jpg (1986x1522, 1.56M)

You think the WB execs associate a character from a cartoon as the main version of a character over a previous film?

The Ryan Reynolds movie was such a legendary bomb both commercially and critically that WB doesn't want to take the risk putting a Lantern on the big screen even years later. GL Corps will probably be met with incredible skepticism if it even finishes at all.

Considering the success of JL cartoon, the bombing of the movie, the media idiots accusing them of white washing, and every rumored Green Lantern movie reboot plan involves bringing in John Stewart? Yes, WB would prefer to have John Stewart as the prominent Green Lantern. Sorry, Johns and Didio, but everybody wants the black guy from the cartoon.

>I really want a proper ANIMATED Green Lantern Corps series

GL: TAS was really good.

I think Martian Manhunter could star in a GL movie, considering how they're both in space. Just base the movie on some bad guys and the GLC racing to get forgotten White Martian technology and have MMH work against both sides before fighting alongside the GLC.

Bullshit

Too high fantasy. DC has to make exclusively shit movies.

That wouldn't be faithful to either.

If they HAD to introduce MMH in a solo movie, just do a rough retelling of The New Frontier, set it in the 60's or some shit.