The suffering of Tigra?

So, I've heard that Tigra has apparently had a really, really lousy life in comics, with a backstory involving being horribly beaten if not sexually abused by multiple villains, being stuck in a cat carrier for ages due to devolving into a cat in the body of a catgirl, and being raped-by-deception by a Skrull. Can anyone tell me the details on any of this stuff? I can't seem to find any source that really breaks down what happened to her or where.

Attached: Tigra.jpg (656x850, 91K)

So is she just a discount Cheetah???

Does she still not skrull han baby ?

Tigra debuted as "The Cat" in November 1972, and turned into her iconic Tigra self in July 1974.

The first version of Cheetah appeared in 1943. She and her successor (1980) were both human women in cat-themed costumes. The first Cheetah who was an *actual* cheetah-woman, Barbara Ann Minerva, debuted in the Post-Crisis continuity in 1987.

So one could argue that Cheetah is actually the discount supervillain knock-off version of Tigra.

So, does nobody have any idea what suffering Tigra underwent? There was a thread here that made me aware of it in the first place, but they couldn't give me specifics - I know Molecule Man made her act like a cat (or was it a sex pet?), and The Hood invaded her home and beat her to a pulp before making her beg for her life, but I'm sure there was other stuff...

Dont know, sorry dude

Attached: kwikkeeburger.jpg (885x365, 174K)

Just use comicvine bro.

The problem is that writers are such fucking straight-edge norms, that they have NO idea what to do with a character with animal features. So they relegate them to the shadows like Wolfsbane, who is who-knows-where, doing who-knows-what until she can show up again as a barely-focused-on member of a team, like all animalistic characters.

Hot take Tigra's life isn't worse than any other superhero there's just some weirdos on Yea Forums who get off to the idea of a catgirl constantly in distress

No she legit has it bad.

Name me one victory she’s had on her own. Just one.

Other heroes have triumphs and wins. Not Tigra.

Attached: Suffering of Tigra.jpg (1600x2384, 646K)

See
The weirdos into catgirl peril were Steve Englehart and Jim Shooter.

I actually think Tigra has a lot of potential. More than Carol that’s for sure

Tigra is sort of like Carol but instead of her humiliating past being one giant fetish event it’s several events spaced out over decades.

Wasn’t she also mind controlled into being part of the puppetmaster’s harem?

You could form a team out of the people that have turned Tigra into a sex pet. And you know what? They’d be pretty fucking powerful. Molecule Man, Kraven, Puppetmaster, Graviton. That’s like Justice League tire with Kraven being the Batman.

The League of Tigra Rapists is the most powerful threat Marvel has ever seen.

Name a superhero that’s had it worse. Name fucking ONE.

they should just let Pym and Tigra suffer together

Attached: pym tigra1.png (500x345, 140K)

>Wasn’t she also mind controlled into being part of the puppetmaster’s harem?
yup

Attached: carol tigra.jpg (960x720, 84K)

You see the weird thing is Marvel wants a winner in the heroine department and don't realize having Tigra overcome her rough hero career/rape(s) would be pretty interesting. I'm a sucker for underdogs or cats I guess, so why not give Tigra a shot at the big time?

Attached: Tigra Marvel.jpg (947x1349, 279K)

They’d have way more chemistry than Pym and Janet.

I’m legit thinking about making an Astro City style story about a not-Tigra getting her life back together because god knows Marvel is going to do fuck all with her.

I think she can do better than Pym honestly. Besides, Marvel seems intent on dragging him through the mud

>so why not give Tigra a shot at the big time?
Let her be forgotten lest they cover up one of the few babes left in capebooks more than they already have.

They’ve already given her serious breast reduction in her recent appearances.

You're a bit late on that, and frankly I don't mind a new costume. The real problem is making her look like a dude

Attached: Tigra Marvel.png (769x796, 731K)

Her breasts still seem fairly big just held closer tighter to body with sports-bra. The white waistband along her hot pants makes it look too much like plain underwear. I feel like she should have BLACKED written across the waistband, or KRAVENED, I guess. I'd suggest bring back the belt of teeth along the waist, and shrinking or removing the cat face on the sports bra.

Not as prudish as other heroine redesigns. It's serviceable.

Haha fuck off you idiot do you really think Marvel wants their premier superheroine to be a fucking catgirl in a bikini?

The belt of teeth was a good look.

I'm going to have to ask the drawthread to make a KRAVENED Tigra.

DC's premier anti-heroine is a woman in a catgirl fursuit who likes to rub suggestively against men and act like a horny teenager.

Well, they were kind of hooking up after Young Avengers established that Tigra's son is genetically Hank Pym's, because Skrull biology is weird... but I don't know what happened to them after that.

Every depiction of Cheetah in modern media turns her into a full on bestial, not overly sexualised catgirl. Unless you're referring to Catwoman.

Tigra had a big moment of triumph in the original West Coast Avengers where she overcame her cat curse and became a superhero that wasn't defined by weird cat urges and wanting to fuck everyone when she was in heat. Then they forgot all about it and turned her into a literal cat and wrote her out of the book for like 40 issues because someone on the writing staff didn't like her.

Welcome to liking C-List and D-List heroes. No one cares about their consistency so you have great runs and character development being upturned almost immediately by someone who either doesn't like the character, needs some cannon fodder or lol didn't read

>a backstory involving being horribly beaten if not sexually abused by multiple villains, being stuck in a cat carrier for ages due to devolving into a cat in the body of a catgirl
That sounds ho-terrible. Just terrible.

they actually stayed together after the whole Skrull thing. At least until writers just forgot they were together.

Attached: Pym Tigra2.png (1000x488, 377K)

>anti-heroine
Who the fuck did you think he was talking about?

To be fair it didn't happen all at once. You can condense any superhero's 30+ year history into a single sentence and it'll sound just as insane.

You said fursuit. Catwoman wears skintight leather, not a fursuit.

>Congratulations Tigra, you're no longer a loser and in addition you get a power boost, a tail, and aren't emotionally unstable anymore
>Naw fuck it you are and you get turned into a literal cat and shrunk down and almost killed by a dog and have to be nursed back to health like its some sort of bizarre deviant art fetish story

>It's not a fursuit
It has ears. Come on.

How come she's not in any of the MCU movies?

>William will never grow up to be bro-tier who defends both of his parents legacies and reputations.

Does that make the Batauit a fursuit? You're really stretching the dimensions of what qualifies as a fursuit

You say that and yet Black Cat is getting her own series now

Yeah that shit pissed me off. I think that's when I dropped WCA so I don't even know what happens when she eventually gets added back into the team. It also seems to get way more fragmented later on in the book, like it becomes less of a self contained story focusing on the main cast and more like an extension of other books that were going on at the time. Guest characters kept coming in that I knew nothing about but the book made it seem like we should already be familiar with them.

did you see who they put on art though? It's going to be ugly as fuck

Holy shit this is worse than real life racism and other kinds of discrimination. Because at least real life minorities have to have a decades-long history of doing something bad over and over before they start being demonized.

Can anyone dump some more Bronze Age/70's/80's Marvel lore? Reading about this shit is interesting but became boring just reading it on wiki a while ago for me. What do YOU think is some weird/awesome/fucked up Bronze age lore?

Like Falcon's origin story being a pimp.

>Like Falcon's origin story being a pimp.
what? are you serious!?

oh yeah, someone post that shit
no idea if it's still canon or whatever but it happened

Haha get the fuck out of here

Well The Inhumans had slaves

Attached: Black Bolt.png (800x1668, 489K)

any details like any of them having concubines or something?

bump

I'm not sure about that, I mostly remember a mole people/work in the mines type deal

during War of Kings he had 9 space brides

Black Bolt has like four extra alien wives in addition to Medusa desu

They retconned that out as being a set of false memories implanted by somebody or other, can't recall who.

The main focus was on the Alpha Primitives, a genetically engineered race of subhumans they literally created to do slave work for them.

Oh, and the Inhumans eventually turned out to have been sitting on a device that could turn *every human on earth into an Alpha Primitive*, and in fact their most notorious "traitor" king? He had been dethroned because he had the balls to say "you know, the whole idea behind this thing is fucking kind of creepy, I'mma dismantle it". Which came out when he came back, driven mad, and decided to "atone" for his decision by activating the device...

Thanks a lot for posting this, user! I don't suppose anyone continued that first post to explain how the whole "wound up in a kitty carrier" thing happened?

No, it's never been outright retconned out.

They did a "soft boot" by saying Sam turned into a drug smuggling pimp after he had a nervous breakdown when his dad died, creating a split persona that dealt drugs and hookers.

Rick Remender had Sam outright lie to Misty Knight, telling her that any stories about him being an ex-drug smuggler, pimp, and degenerate criminal were lies caused by Red Skull. This was around the time that Remender was setting up Misty and Sam as a couple, so it reads as Sam outright LYING so that he didn't get rejected romantically by Knight ala how Luke Cage was told by She-Hulk that she would never ever fuck him, after finding out that he did time for petty crime prior to reforming and becoming a hero...

>Luke Cage was told by She-Hulk that she would never ever fuck him, after finding out that he did time for petty crime prior to reforming and becoming a hero...

Did that shit ever fucking happen? I remember, in the early 00s, She-Hulk fans spewing that story when they had a huge cow about her fucking Juggernaut being 100% "out of character". But for the life of me, I've never been able to get ANYONE to namecheck what issue that incident happened in as far as finding proof that the She-Hulk fans weren't making shit up to slam Austen for having Jen fuck Cain.

whatever is actually up with Falcon's pimp origin it's a shame if it got retconned. A hero that used to be not just a generic criminal but a PIMP is a really interesting concept though I don't know about the execution.

What was the deal with Lockjaw again? I know at some point they retconned him not being a regular Inhuman given the fucked implications of treating one of their own as a fucking dog just because that's how his Terrigenesis panned out

yes more shit like this

Byrne made him an Inhuman baby that was turned into a dog and treated like one by his fellow Inhumans. IIRC the whole point was to explain away why Quicksilver's kid never got Terrigan Misted, as Byrne wanted the dynamic of Piotro raising a human child and needed and excuse plot to stop him from exposing Luna to the mists.

PAD hated it because of the implications and IIRC, one of the conditions of him writing X-Factor was him being allowed to use Quicksilver and retconning the whole thing as an elaborate joke Gorgon and Karnell played on Thing at Quicksilver's expense.

IIRC more recent Inhuman books have established explicitly that Lockjaw is not only a dog but was a dog that was Blackbolt's childhood pet that was exposed to the Terrigen Mist so that it could survive living with Black Bolt after he got his voice murder power

lol

>PAD hated it
PAD can go fuck himself. The Inhumans have always treated some Inhumans worse than others. Royal bloodlines, absolute monarchy, and an ultra-inflexible caste system.They had genetically-engineered slaves to to the shit-work, f'r chrissakes! IIRC, you have to have Inhuman genes to have Terrigen work on you...so did they engineer their doggos with inhuman genes, then? Wouldn't that make them part-human/Inhuman by default? If Terrigen just works on anyone, why isn't like, half of earth's population mutated super-beings?

Man, I'd love to kick PAD square in the nuts.

it's a cat, it's useless by default.

Attached: 1529804546903.png (1204x1204, 1.41M)

Don’t worry. After his gypsy meltdown he’s never working on a comic again.

There is that, holy Christ.

Attached: tigra.jpg (1021x565, 197K)

I actually like this failure aspect of Tigra. Definitely kinda unique in the hero landscape and it shouldn't just be shunned/retconed away. Weak heroes are are from worthless. If anything there needs to be more heroes with debilitating flaws and not just generic bullshit like what Spider-Man goes through normally.

or maybe cause my S&M fetish is just through the roof these days I dunno

Attached: Have-I-libeled-you.jpg (566x291, 59K)

The problem is that, outside of Kraven and the Hood, Tigra's poor showings are against villains that are massive threats to hero teams. It'd be like pitting Captain America against Molecule Man, no one would expect him to win or hold it against him for losing. The issue comes down to two things: one, no one is going to write Molecule Man putting collar on Steve and make him beg, two, no one is going to write Steve getting his shit wrecked on camera by two low power c-listers in his own house. A lot of Tigra's storylines come off as fetishistic fap material by the writers, and in the skeevy Byrne kind of way rather than the "wink and a giggle" Claremont way, and it makes her feel like an editorial designated punching bag rather than hero, and I say that as a guy with a pretty big BDSM/humiliation kink myself.

Personally I headcanon that Greer is a masochist and hardcore into the scene, but becoming a superhero and having all that shit happen to her has completely ruined it and left her unable to enjoy it.

Uh... gypsy meltdown? Sorry?

He insulted gypsies on twitter I guess.

>Being this behind on comic news

twitter rants aren't comic news

If anyone does a revival of Tigra it would be nice to see her submissive kink addressed in a serious manner. The idea that she can’t enjoy it anymore because of her experiences is poignant. The supervillains took something dear to her away.

I think the big focus should be on William and growing up with everyone knowing who his mom is. The teasing the poor kid has to endure is likely to put Peter Parker to shame. Just imagine if someone shows him the Hood YouTube video and it’s comments.

Tigra needs to get a win over on a super villain. Kraven is the obvious choice, but are there any supernatural villains to throw at her? Scarecrow maybe?

It was a meltdown he had in public at a con.

Most of that West Coast Avengers/Defenders group of characters had the most miserable existences.

Attached: Worst Therapist Ever.jpg (1280x1988, 908K)

I think it was during a panel that someone asked him if he was going to have some gypsy representation in a comic soon. Him, having seen how shitty they can be first hand, had a bit of an outburst about it.

I'm skipping some details but that's what I recall.

>Name me one victory she’s had on her own. Just one.
Talking Molecule man into giving himself up and getting therapy. You might recall Molecule Man from such classics as "Fuck off Sentry" and "Sit the hell down and drink your rootbeer Galactus."

First you'd need to setup a status quo for Tigra before you just start throwing villains at her. Personally I'd play into the whole "everyone thinks Tigra is a loser" angle and have her constantly be targeted by newbie and z-list villains, who don't know she's closer to Spider-Man than Hellcat, who get their shit wrecked.

That would work. Give her small wins over small time foes to build up her confidence and save Kraven for the series finale.

And to tie it back to the other ideas in previous theads about Tigra dipping into the supernatural side of Marvel with a low-funded supernatural wing of the NYPD and teaming up with Marc and communing with Bastet have Kraven start off hunting down cat people. Thus Tigra's victory over him not only redeem her losses to him but establishes her as the protector of the cat people.

Wasn't that in the same issue where Molecule Man made Tigra pretend to be his pet cat, for added irony?

>teaming up with Marc and communing with Bastet
No. Linking your hero to another, more popular and established hero in order to boost them is an implicit admission that you don't think your hero can carry themselves. And personally I'd drop the Kraven thing, it'd just cause headaches dealing with Spider-Man editorial and writers and having a character's archenemy be another hero's b-list rogue ties right back into my first point.

Please. It's a shared universe and teaming up more obscure characters with more established characters (though I question Marc being more popular than Tigra. He doesn't have a cartoon coming up and she does) is a time-honored tradition going back to Brave and the Bold.

I dunno if Molecule Man went for that weird petplay bit, but he did make her beg him not to kill him in the prior issue. Though in fairness, Molecule Man did just get finished absolutely trashing the assembled Avengers.
Motherfucker, Kraven is not Spidey's Archenemy.
Or, more appropriately, Marvel 2 in 1.

I'm in the camp that says let her character be dead. They'll only do something even more retarded with her.

He did go for the petplay. He had Tigra sleep in a giant kitty basket.

Why don't we make our own Tigra? All the best stories about characters have been through expies like Supreme and Superman.

Who is Marc?

The premise from the last thread was "Marc has to teach Tigra about her history, her people, and god, and how to be Tigra" which is way more than a team-up.

No, he's Spidey's b-list rogue.

Moon Knight.

I personally know a Hungarian, and Gypsies are all over the place there. First hand accounts say they are even worse than the rumors anyone's heard about.

He wouldn't have to teach her anything, just be an example of another slayer of the supernatural employed by Egyptian gods. She can find all that on her own.

>Does she still not skrull han baby ?

Are you OK, user?

That's fine, but that wasn't what the last thread was about. Although I'd be leery of doing the "slayer of the supernatural employed by Egyptian Gods" unless the writer had a clearly defined distinction between the two characters. Otherwise it'd feel like they were lazily cribbing and make team-ups uninteresting.

That team should have The Hood as well.

The original Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four issues with the Alpha Primitives didn't explain them at all. They were just savage shock-troops used by Maximus. A later writer (Roy Thomas?) revealed they were a slave caste, specifically for the purpose of doing a "Black Bolt frees the slaves" story, but instead of making them creations of Maximus, limiting the damage, the Inhumans had been creating Alpha Primitives for centuries. Now the Alphas are technically free but little has changed for them because they are too stupid to fend for themselves and literally incapable of doing anything but the work they were created for.

When Tigra went totally feral in Byrne's West Coast Avengers, Hank Pym shrank her down and put her in a cage until they could find out how to cure her, then just forgot about her until she escape.

>Tigra falls in love with the man that caged her and treated her like an animal
How very Tigra.

Adding the Hood makes five and gives them magic support.

Holy shit, why is the League of Tigra Rapists such a balanced superteam?

Heroes for Hire (1997) #17. The story end with her agreeing to go on a date with him, so the fans completely misread that issue if they were using as evidence against the She-Hulk/Juggernaut story.

Marvel Hypercrisis is real, and it's centered around Tigra, of all characters.

Molecule Man is the one time Tigra was dominated without it being (intentionally) sexual, he treated her like an animal, and seemed repulsed by the idea of sex, at least with her.

There was still a clear undercurrent of sexual dominance to the whole thing. The "I won't touch her" thing was probably there because the writer KNEW how fetish the whole thing was.

Molecule Man wasn't going to cheat on Volcana with a furry thot. Owen is loyal and knows that thic>stic.

This was before Secret Wars, where Volcana was introduced.

Well huh. You're right.

Lets be real, would fucking Tigra actually be that pleasant unless you have a fur fetish?

I get hayfever so definitely not. If she has a barbed tongue then that's an even harder no.

>10/10 babe with a gymnast body
What do you think?

Covered in hair.

And?

Ever own a pet? Getting fur out of clothes and bedsheets is annoying as fuck.

Secret Wars gets a lot of deserved criticism, but it started Marvel's two best villain ships.

those are two women who wear normal human clothes and cape spandex that vaguely resembles a cat in their motif.

Tigra is a literal furry catgirl in a bikini. You can't be so disconnected from normality that you think anyone would take that shit seriously in live action.

>Seriously believing this when we've gotten Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and Mr. Mind.

I'm sorry, but isn't the current villain in the live action Avengers set to make gigadollars a giant purple thumb?

>being stuck in a cat carrier

Attached: carrier 1.jpg (500x1424, 138K)

The design is meh. Like give her tight pants with claw marks on it and toeless.

Confirms you guys are a bunch of furry cat girl fuckers.

Rocket Raccoon, Groot and Mr. Mind are all more credible than a fucking bikini catgirl.

Still better than a bikini catgirl. Seriously the only way you would even advocate such a character over literally anyone else is if you want to jack off to her.

Toeless? She's always been barefoot.

You needed confirmation of that?

And proud of it motherfucker.

Those are all just weird in a fun and cartoony way that people can get behind and take refuge in how strange it is. A catgirl in a bikini with big ol' furry cat boobies is just someone inserting their fetishes into the setting and would be relentlessly treated as such.

Name a superheroine that isn't someone inserting their fetish into the setting. ESPECIALLY when you already have Black Widow and Mantis.

It really says something about Marvel that the person who their heroes needed to fix the greatest multiversal crisis in continuity also once tried to literally dehumanise an ex-Avenger and has never been brought to account for it.

The fact that you''re comparing a universally sexy in a conventional manner super spy and a naive alien girl with antenna to a big titty catgirl in a bikini tells me that there's really no getting through to you.

>Ex
I think she still has her membership card.

But yeah. Marvel has always been full of criminals getting away with it from the beginning where Namor got to murder cops one issue and in the next gets to shake the president's hand because he drowned some Nazis.

They should re-work her character. Keep the rape and abuse shit to make her more tragic, but make her the physical embodiment of a cat/tiger/whatever god.

Normies don't REEEE FURIES so long as they look like women. Remember that outrage over Kirk fucking the catgirl alien in Abrams Trek 2? No? Remember all the outrage decades ago over Cordwainer Smith inventing the sci-fi catgirl waifu in Ballad of Lost C-Mell? No?

Because there wasn't any you sperg.

This is like comparing the use of halflings and elves in a fantasy setting with a piss troll who wants you to pee in its mouth.

>Normies don't REEEE FURIES so long as they look like women
Don't pretend you know what normies do, you cat-fucker. You clearly have no idea what socially conventional human behaviour is supposed to be. Of course normies make fun of catgirls, especially if that catgirl is being paraded about as being on the same level as Captain America, Thor and Iron Man. Especially if that catgirl is meant to be Marvel's answer to Wonder Woman. Just rub one out to your catgirl waifu, let your hormones simmer down a bit and move on already.

That's what I've been thinking of in my pitch. She starts as a single mother at the end of her rope trying to shield her son from her reputation. She's pitied by her peers and savagely mocked by the Marvel normies.

Then she finds out the problem was that she never fully communed with Bast. The merger of her cat and human soul that should have brought her peace was botched. Now she's going to do it right and she's going to be Bastet's weapon against evil like she was always meant to be.

You are a strange, sad little man.

Only Yea Forums could legitimately argue that Tigra would have been a better choice than Carol Danvers for Marvel's big female hero push. The problem with Carol was all execution, not concept. Of course she's a superior pick to the likes of Tigra. Hell, She-Hulk would be a better pick than Tigra and she's unfilmable.

I'm not the one trying to insert my catgirl fetish into the MCU, sport.

>Paraded about as being on the same level as Cap, Thor, and Iron Man
You mean like Felecia? The ultra-fetish catgirl character the FGC had absolutely no problem with being in MvC?

Calm down autismo.

Carol was good ONCE as the drunken bitch in Busiek's run. She hasn't been good before or since.

I mean, it's not that DC doesn't have those, it's just-it seems a lot more upfront about them being VILLAINS, you know? Like Luthor. Luthor is usually very, very secure in the public eye but the narrative is constructed around the conceit that his position is absolutely flawed. He's kind of like the anti-Doom in that regard.

Maybe a better example is Nabu, because fuck if I think that even after unleashing those multiverse eating monsters they're gonna permanently consign Nabu to the villain roster because he's Dr. fucking Fate.

Hey, we talking MCU? Because they kinda touched on the idea of Bast via the Black Panther opening prologue. And we do have the Jabari as precedent for inexplicably, possibly divinely-touched superhuman people without Black Panther powers. Still I can't help but think the whole thing sounds like the Deadpool movies where it's part comedy, part tragedy

she has fur, why would she need to wear full clothes? It would be way too warm. Granted, supers rarely bother with metabolic thermodynamics.

Are you now comparing a character fighter where the entire point is bringing together a bunch of weird characters who don't cohere with one another into one setting to a cohesive shared universe where the point is to try to create a sense that all its aspects can co-exist and interact with one another in a believable way?

Calling me an autist won't make my argument less credible or yours less rooted in your boner, man.

I still maintain the problems with Carol wouldn't exist if they had the balls to make Carol a straight up villain for Tony or someone to fight when The Man comes down hard on the Avengers.

Attached: 1492831697044.jpg (750x600, 81K)

Kind of irrelevant, but okay.

Now you're getting off-track. I'mm not saying that Tigra's reason for being a bikini catgirl is logically inconsistent, I'm just saying you're mad if you expect anyone to take her seriously in a live-action setting as Marvel's new headlining female hero.

There are many, many ways to make Carol work as Marvel's Wonder Woman. Like I said, the problem is that the execution has been so wishy-washy and shallow.

Nabu gets a bad rap because he let the other lords kill Kent Nelson's dad, but he's never been pure evil. Compared to other Lords he's incredibly empathetic and supportive of humanity. When the other Lords of Order turned their back on the universe to abandon it to Chaos, Nabu said no.

He also freed the slaves in Egypt, so there's that.

What he's currently doing in JLD is OOC bullshit and I hope it'll be retconned into being a magic yellow fear bug making him do it or something.

Attached: catnip.jpg (265x300, 20K)

Hey since we're talking about comic losers, can we just talk about what a fucking shitstomp JLD is for it's actual Dark League? The comic itself is just barely passable to me, but holy SHIT is Diana's crew out of their depth. Their STARTING VILLAIN was Hecate ballooned into a multiversal destroyer cosmic entity, they're having to fend off OC that the First of the Fallen was made to job against AND Nabu's crw simultaneously AND DETECTIVE CHIMP AND MAN-BAT ARE TWO OF THEIR CORE MEMBERS. And Diana seems to know jack shit about dealing with the supernatural, and Zatanna can't cast a single meaningful spell right because >muh otherkins even though Circe can just fine and became the new goddess of magic. It's Aaron Johnson's run on Dr. Strange all over again.

Like fuck, compared to the Zatanna who pulled a timestop on Prayala this is like watching a blind, crippled toddler fight an army of Alis.

This sounds great but these story ideas have Tigra struggling and going through an actual character arc and Marvel isn’t interested in doing that for their female heroes.

I want to point to Black Widow and Scarlet Witch. But Black Widow feels like they're introducing a new character with the same vaguely snarky affectations every time she's put on screen, and Scarlet Witch's arc consists of being incraesingly sad and lonely until she welcomes the snap.

So maybe they're not the best examples.

I miss secret invasion too

I was referring to recent Marvel comics but the movies have the problem of the vast majority of their female characters are the team mom who rolls her eyes at all the dumb stuff that the men do. It’s why Mantis is such a breath of fresh air.

Well even the concept of Carol is fucking boring from the get go. She's strong, flies, has lasers, and fights aliens, that's it. About the only good thing she had going for her besides sex appeal was her alcoholism.

Now I'm not going to pretend Tigra is some nuanced character who isn't just fapbait, BUT you got to admit the tragedy surrounding the character could lead to some interesting storytelling. Give her a magical power boost, some new villains, and I think you have something. This is one of those rare times I do wish Marvel employees would lurk here and fucking take notes.

Attached: Tigra sketch.jpg (609x900, 605K)

This is all opinion. I personally coulldn't be less interested in either character, but Carol also has tragedy they could use for interesting story-telling if you speak from an objective, non-biased point of view. Plus she has the added bonus of being an actual spandex superhero who looks like human woman and not a catgirl.

Tigra could maybe work in a cartoon or in the comics, that's not the issue I'm raising. I have nothing against the character outside of the fact that I don't care about her. But is she a better pick to be Marvel's leading woman over someone who's much more marketable and conventional like Carol? Not even a little bit. And I doubt Marvel employees would be swayed by any of what's been posted here because it doesn't overturn the inherent problem of her aesthetic.

Then just give her a better costume? I don't see how that's a huge hurtle. Hell even I'm not big on the bikini. They did the exact same thing to Carol.

Attached: Ms Marvel Carol Danvers.jpg (600x900, 87K)

Still a catgirl, and still not the superior option. Why would they ever pick a catgirl over a white, blonde, conventionally attractive USAF pilot? There's no reason.

Hey I'm not knocking their logic behind choosing Carol at all. I get it, she was about the only option they had since she's the only heroine they got that isn't on X-Men or some sort of team. I'm merely saying conceptually is fine, and could benefit from a rework is all. The catgirl thing is really a non issue.

Her life isn't anywhere close to being as shitty as Shan's who probably has the absolute worst life anybody in the MU's ever had.

Attached: karma-bigcostume5.jpg (174x450, 19K)

Here I'll even give you a little run down on Karma's life.

>Grow up in Vietnam during the war
>Have family members killed by the Viet Cong and have to flee on a boat to the United States
>Boat is attacked by Thai pirates who rape Shan and her mother and kill Shan's mother leaving her to care for her younger brother and sister alone as a teenager in the United States
>Her twin brother is evil and she's forced to kill him
>Join the New Mutants, have her rape past broadcast to everyone by Dani, thought dead after an adventure
>Actually spent a long time possessed by the Shadow King who turned her into Jabba the Hutt physically
>Mentally scarred by all of this, becomes depressed, when transported to Asgard she's suicidally depressed and lays down in a desert to die only being saved by having to care for a young girl
>Manage to lose all the weight trekking through the desert, turns out it was all a trick by Loki but he must've felt bad for Shan or something because he didn't make her obese again
>Lose Leong and Nga during the Mutant Massacre, forced to go into the service of her crime lord uncle in Madripoor who just strings her along about being able to find them
>Eventually has to rescue them from Spiral, in actual real world time finding her brother and sister took close to 10 years
>Realizes she's a lesbian, things actually go well for a bit, goes to college and rooms with Kitty and there's definite mutual attraction between them
>Confesses to Kitty, gets shot down by Kitty who's totally not gay despite the mutual attraction, it's all downhill from here
>Teaches and becomes a librarian at the Xavier school, at one point is teaching French, the younger students, running two of the squads and mentoring Anole so is definitely overworked
>M-Day, a bunch of her students lost their powers and died

>Gets trapped inside Legion's mind, forced to murder one of his personalities after he killed a young girl, loses her leg when fighting Cameron Hodge and is given a shitty clunky robot leg in a world with advanced and seamless cybernetics
>Finds out she has a half-sister who runs a mult-billion dollar corporation
>Sister is pissed at her because their father killed the half-sister's mother and forced the half-sister to work in a sweatshop, half-sister decides to control and torture Karma in revenge
>Shan's able to stop her by showing her just how shitty her own life has been, the two bond over the fact life has been fucking awful for the both of them
>Dad comes in, kills the half-sister but the company's left to Shan so hey she's effectively a billionaire, yay I guess
>gets written by Bendis
>now she's a weird pseudo-Phalanx or T/O thing or something thanks to the New Mutants: Dead Souls mini, I don't know Rosenberg sucks

That is the sad life of Xi'an Coy Manh, the girl that the universe really, really fucking hates.

>my foot stump hurts
>these supervillains are too loud
>I wish I was home playing with big Jewish titties

>>now she's a weird pseudo-Phalanx or T/O thing or something thanks to the New Mutants: Dead Souls mini, I don't know Rosenberg sucks
That got fixed by Dark Beast in Uncanny X-men but I suspect that their will be a catch to it

it's written that it was transfered to one of Multiple Man's dups. But yeah, I expect this isn't the last we've seen of it fucking with the New Mutants

The catgirl thing could be made to work so long as she wasn't taken very seriously as a character and so long as she was just A female superhero and not THE female superhero, I agree on that much. I'd really stress that she'd probably be better off as a light-hearted and/or comedic gag character than anything else, hence the Dazzler and Tigra show coming out.

Well why can't she be taken seriously? Black Panther is a guy in a cat suit. The powers are cool, albeit probably needing a boost or some other hook.

See you're going back to the whole dressing in an outfit that's evocative of a cat vs. actually being a furry catgirl again and it really isn't the same thing at all. All I'm saying is that Tigra would either be a CGI furry cat girl or a female actor painted like a tiger and neither of those things are similar to a guy wearing a black ninja suit which has spikes that look like cat ears on top. The powers aren't really anything we haven't seen before, otherwise. I just don't see audiences wanting to watch a serious and deep movie about a catgirl, is all. Keep it light and don't make it take itself too seriously, however, and yeah, she could work in live-action in the MCU.

Not him but Black Panther more than just a guy in a cat suit and he has had great solos expanding his world. Tigra needs a decent to great solo run to build her brand up. Hell, a mini would work.

Knowing Shan it'll turn out she got a super Legacy Virus or something.

If people can take werewolves seriously, they can take Tigra seriously.

Do you guys have any hope for the Tigra and Dazzler Hulu cartoon series?

First of all, we're not talking about fucking movies. Second, I think you have some issues being called a furry just for liking a character gimmick.

There's a difference between making a Superman expy and a Tigra expy. For one, everyone immediately understands what a Superman expy is. I think maybe like 20% of people have read anything about Tigra, and that's 20% of actual comic book readers. The general public probably has no idea who she is.

totally forgot that one. It's the one of all the announced cartoons that I have the least hope for. The pitch was just full of stupid buzz words like "Two Woke Girls" blah blah blah.

Furries are a powerful evil.

Attached: DD9FC223-0770-486F-AD12-8F8936D709F6.jpg (693x573, 252K)

Because knowing this place it's just going to become porn

I have no idea why you're saying that like it's a bad thing

Even better. Maybe combine a few elements of Cheetah into the characters since she's likewise been constantly humiliated and your'e good to go.

Well gentlemen, any ideas?

Because the entire point is to stop making Tigra a joke and fetish fuel
What, to make our own? I'd rather see Tigra get her due (which probably won't happen) instead of making an OC creation that's just going to turn into another fetish character

There's absolutely no reason Tigra can't be both legit and fetish fuel. Most successful superheroines are both at the same time.

Hey guys what if we made our own Tigra to do justice to the character? You know what would be great? If we gave her six tits and made them gigantic and lactating all the time, just for laughs you know haha

No. If we wanted that we'd go to Yea Forums creations threads. We're trying to do an Astro City thing here.

>lean, yet muscular build (not thicc) to accentuate her athleticism
>Braided long hair with a unique stylization, maybe some form of dreadlocks
>Clothing can be something like a one-piece suit with an open back and front
>fingerless arm gloves
>open-toed shoes
>actual tiger stripes instead of those slash-like markings
>Make her features more cat-like, but not so far into anthro territory

see Not a dim sum game.

Nobody takes werewolves seriously. The only ones that do are furry girls.

>Open-toed shoes
You mean like those stirrup things?

>Dreadlocks
Not sure how I feel about this. How do you feel about hairstyle Yea Forums?

Better to make her a recognizable expy. Ape the hairstyle with long smooth hair too.

Thera. As in "there-ah", not "the-rah." That's something people get wrong about me a lot. My name. I don't know. I guess they hear about my ties to Sekmet and her ties to Ra and think I have Ra in my name.

Naw. No way. Ra would probably get mad if someone like me tried to associate with someone like him.

The name's supposed to be like thero. You know, the Greek word for wild beast. Because I'm a cat woman. And I'm supposed to be wild and fierce and strong.

Rawr.

I learned a lot of Greek and Latin in college. Majored in anthropology. I wanted to uncover lost temples and dust off Hyperborean artifacts and other romantic bullshit like that. Most people don't know that about me. Most people don't know that I was smart enough to get a degree. "All this and brains to" yeah? "Not just a pretty face" yeah?

Hey. I'm blessed by a goddess.

For all the god its done me.

When people talk about me they don't start with me as an anthropologist. They skip all that and go to me as Thera. They go to...go to...

...Well they go to the video. There's no point in lying about it. That's what people watch. Delete it, downvote it, prosecute it, it doesn't matter. People that want to see it are going to see it.

You know my son's seen it.

Yeah.

Little shits at his school showed him the video. Monsters. Goddamn monsters. Bet you anything their parents were the kind of people Black Terror had to tell me to "take it easy" on back on the Guardians.

But yeah. He saw mommy black and blue and begging. He saw everything.

I always knew he'd see the video one day. But I always thought he'd be grown. That he would know me as a person as well as mother before he saw it.

Just another failure to add to the count.

We had to switch schools. He acted...badly to seeing it. He fought the boys. He drew blood. It took all the Guardian influence I had not to get him suspended. I had to beg that principal.

Actually PAD's NOT been blacklisted. He wrote a Spider-Man 2099 and Scarlet Spider series after the Gypsy debacle. Fuck, Marvel's even got him on the same sort of "paid to do nothing" contract Claremont is on, where he gets a monthly paycheck on par with what he was making at his commercial peak (IE the early 90s) because Marvel doesn't want to have PAD go to DC, so that DC could humiliate Marvel alumni Kelly Sue DeConnick and Bendis by way of having DC fire their asses and giving PAD Young Justice and Aquaman to write and the books suddenly becoming top ten sellers.

And you know what the worse part was? You know what made me hit the bottle and stumble in back to our old Guardians South base just so I could look back on when I wasn't...this?

When I took my boy aside and gave him the talk again about how he's like me and how he has to control his emotions and how he can hurt normal people, you know what he told me?

He looked at me. With tears in his eyes. And he told me "Mom. I thought you'd be happy that I won the fight..."

That destroyed me.

That brought me here. To you.

I never really liked you all that much. Around the second time a jumped-up little psycho put a collar around my neck I got to thinking that you were to blame for it. That you empowered me wrong, that you chose the wrong person, that you could have done something to help me.

You live within vessels and the vessels determine your expression. I understand that now. I was the problem. Okay? I understand that.

But I still don't like you.

But now...now I need you. I need help. I could live as a loser by myself. I was strong enough to bear my weakness alone. On some level I think I was even proud of it, that I could endure a life that would break others.

But I can't be a loser. Not to him. Not to my son.

I...I'm not even sure what I'm asking of you. I've never prayed before. Just help me. Please. Show me what I should do.

Please. Sekmet. Bast. Bastet. Whatever you want to be called. Goddess of cats. Please help me. Please.

(How's this?)

The Hood beatdown video was rendered null and void, against Tigra, when the Avengers Academy kids basically beat Hood to the brink of death and fucked the Hood up so badly that it led to him seeking the Infinity Gauntlet to get revenge on the world because the Mettle, Hazmat, etc used tech magic shit to erase the Tigra beatdown video and replaced all copies of the Hood beating up Tigra with Hood crying like a baby and getting his teeth knocked out by a bunch of F-List rookies and it basically causing his supporters to abandon him to prison.

Also, at the end of Siege, Tigra got additional revenge by finding Hood's girlfriend and baby mamma (who he was still dating even while fucking Madam Masque and gaslighting her regarding the fact that he had gone full-villain) and telling her EVERYTHING about Hood going full-irrevocable evil and presenting her before Hood, so she could watch him be told by his high school sweetheart that she wanted nothing to do with him and that he would never be allowed near his son even again.

Hood getting double fucked by Tigra was a central plot point for the short-lived Illuminati book that came out of Secret Wars. Hood's humiliation at Tigra, the Avengers Academy Kids, and Iron Man's hands basically made wiped out any street cred Hood had and left him so fucking low, he had to have a ringer pretend to be Enchantress and pretty much fuck up Titania's life to trick her to work for her, since Titania told Hood after his beating at the hands of the Avengers Academy runts, all of the super villains thought Hood was a loser.

They made her titties smaller but she still shows skin

Attached: West-Coast-Avengers-1-7.jpg (990x1523, 356K)

I can't get over how not tiger-like her design is, it annoys me.

Also she's a particular shade of orange that just look kinda shitty, they should redden her up a bit.

How would you make her design more tiger like?

Make her color two-tone with white in her belly, chest inner thighs and face up to the nose, give her round pupils, make her stripes longer and thinner, add a bit of extra long fur on her cheeks and neck, make her more built in her arms and shoulders and giver big meaty claws

That really makes Titania's appearance at the start of JaneThor even more idiotic, since she openly knocked out her husband and surrendered to a newbie superhero without a fight. All the villains should think she's a loser too.

>used tech magic shit to erase the Tigra beatdown video and replaced all copies
That sounds complete and utter bullshit for these kids to be able to fuck with reality to that extent.

Should I continue or quit?

they might be smaller proportionally but in that photo they're technically as big as a building

Yeah if your story has Zatanna nerfed in anyways then you aren't a good writer and this isn't a good fucking story. There are plenty of stories where Z can be useful and rendered helpless without resorting to cliche shit.

>>Wasn’t she also mind controlled into being part of the puppetmaster’s harem?
Damn why couldnt that be a movie, shit was awesome

>Why don't we make our own Tigra?
I dont mind. I would put money down for it if an artist can be found.

Tigra only offers sex appeal and thats not going to under this current climate. SO what does Tigra have to offer after sex appeal? Cool villains? Personality? What?

Not any more

Would pay good money for a nude hardcore makeout session if both were 11-14 years old.

Attached: ap 550x550 12x16 1 transparent t.png (413x549, 164K)

Anyone here also have a thing for striped catgirl like women and girls?

so, ugly

thanks

you're welcome, i thought of it in 5 minutes

>11-14
Uh-oh

Attached: plankton.jpg (399x224, 12K)

Attached: Mangaverse Tigra.jpg (400x454, 69K)

Needs neck fluff

I prefer preteens and idealized highly sexualized varients of girls that age. Regular is fine too. Thats why Claires is at the mall, jlist and aliexpress on the net.

Shut up you're just talking AND nota doing dhite.

I really liked it, user. Dark, but could definitely work. Maybe have her work her way back up from rock-bottom for her angry son by clearing out some Gotham-style heckhole, urban jungle and all that. Of course, her son's a timebomb story-wise. Sooner or later you'll have to pull that chekov gun and either make him a Heel she has to face, or make it seem like thats whats happened but then reveal all her sacrifice paid off, and he's now Catman or something.

Now I think about it, could also do some Jessica Jones-style stuff, with her having Kraven or the Puppetmaster as her most feared Rogue. Always fighting that fear of being collared, controlled, dehumanised again, but now she has more than the strength to endure, but the strength to fight back?

Super villain Illuminati was post Secret War and after the Jane Foster Thor incident.

It actually is quite hilarious in that it explicitly states that Titania's spontaneous and nonsensical act of "girl power" bonding with Jane irrevocably ruined her life.

Absorbing Man promptly filed for divorce the moment he woke up and Titania sold him down the river for probation after she faced the consequence for what she did.

Her probation officer meanwhile, was a huge asshole and he demanded Titania get a legit job and when Illuminati #1 came out, she was basically days away of having her probation revoked/forced to serve her full sentence for trying to kill Jane, because NO ONE would hire her because video of her betraying her husband went viral and the average Marvel civilian in NYC shared fan opinion that Titania was a cunt for what she did to her hubby.

She finally finds SOMEONE to give her a job, but Hood ruins it for her by trying to kill her via proxies, forcing her to break parole and go on the run working for him. When she finds out how Hood destroyed her last chance at a normal life to get her to work for him, he offers to find Absorbing Man (who by this point had been "vanished" from the prison system and had been mindraped and held in Pleasant Valley.

They eventually find him when Zemo restores all of the villains and their minds, but Absorbing Man tells a (by this point 100% repentant for beating him up for talking smack about Whor) Titania that he will never forgive her, because her actions led to him being mindraped by SHIELD and her testifying against him when he filed for divorce, a cardinal if you are married to a criminal.

The series ended with Titania 100% bitched the fuck out and damned to be a forever alone incel because of her moment of SJW weakness under Aaron

The kids had access to Pym tech which made it possible IIRC

To be fair, it's a tradition for Zatanna to be nerfed for all JLA stories. This dates back to the late 1970s, when she first joined the League. Her first couple of years on the team, basically had the running gag that in ANY situation, it would be Zatanna or Superman who saved the day in terms of them being OP as fuck to the point that the other league members didn't matter so long as Z or Superman was the last person standing.

Fans bitched so much about Zatanna being OP, that they eventually did a story that nerfed Zatanna to the point that all she could do was cast spells that affected raw elements like wind or earth or fire or water.

Sorry, but can you name the issue(s) where all of this goes on?

>Rocket Raccoon, Groot and Mr. Mind are all more credible than a fucking bikini catgirl.
literally are not
hell, Rocket and Groot were set to be background joke characters for eternity. Only thing that saved them was the GOTG movies. before that? people heard about a talking racoon and a tree and figured that was some lame ass 70's comics bullshit that should stay buried.

read what you just wrote, then sit down, shut the fuck up, and think about how you just blew yourself the fuck out.

>The problem with Carol was all execution, not concept.
clearly you've not read any of her dozen runs in the last decade user. her entire concept at this point is so fucking cancer it's hilarious. She might, might have been cool as an alcoholic running around in a one piece who was basically Logan's go to fuck buddy/spy companion, but these days a literally catgirl with petplay fantasies is 10x better than Carol.

There is nothing wrong with engaging in non-con play with someone you love.

>but Carol also has tragedy they could use for interesting story-telling if you speak from an objective
except 99% of carol's "tragedy" is self inflicted because she felt like she was better or supposed to be better than everyone else, couldn't handle it, turned to booze to try and handle it, and went off the fucking deep end.
> But is she a better pick to be Marvel's leading woman over someone who's much more marketable and conventional like Carol?
except literally nothing about carol is marketable or conventional. Carol has had two modes. Super Alcoholic Bitch and "Mary Sue Perfect" and the latter is that only because we're informed as such, if you actually read any of her (trash) comics everyone loves her and she's perfect, but all her actions are horrible, stupid, idiotic, or out right evil, or some mixture of those things.

Having thought about it for awhile, I think the best thing would be to simply drop the whole "Tigra gets humiliated by villains" angle as a driving focus. Only two of those incidents occurred within the past 10 years, and dredging up some writer's humiliation fetish wank material from almost 40 years ago feels more like shooting yourself in the foot when it comes to giving Tigra a push. Just paint with broad strokes that Tigra's had a fairly shitty superhero career and build from there with a supporting cast and new villains, rather than having her focus center around old storylines and villains from other franchises.

Didn't she die?

>Always fighting that fear of being collared, controlled, dehumanised again, but now she has more than the strength to endure, but the strength to fight back?
If your main driving narrative arc is "Don't keep me as a pet cat" you're not going to win over general audiences.

I mean, I love it. My penis loves it. But it remins me of that one Sesame Street meme image.

>but you said you masturbated to it for weeks!
>that doesn't mean its good, Tilly!

>only 2
That you need to qualify your statement like that is telling.

I agree with you, user. This sounds much less creepy than the "Tigra is a burnt-out submissive" angle tossed around up-thread.

>ignoring the most interesting thing about Tigra
No one is saying it should be a fetish comic you dolt. But it’s an interesting part of her history that should be acknowledged and delt with.

I gotcha covered senpai.

Attached: 1550542881944.jpg (640x608, 69K)

Thanks user

She had a relationship with Hank Pym in the Avengers Initiative books who was actually a skrull and got pregnant from it. So the last part is definitely true.

It looks like a plot for Timanin series

Did she die in the new kraken arc?

Kraven* oops

Man Hood needs to get his ass totally oblirated again

Why is Strange ignoring him anyways? Isn’t Dormammu his patron?

Bullshit. She deserves a win over Kraven. She's currently what, 1-3 against him? She deserves a win over him like Daredevil deserves a win over Bullseye or Spider-Man over the Green Goblin.

She or this "Thera" character being discussed do need new antagonists to work through though.

1. The Rat King. Someone to tie into that "hunter of magical vermin" angle. An avatar of Set (where a hydra of snakes represent large, cosmic destruction, several rats tied together at the tail represent low-key destruction, the kind that slips under the radar of those like Dr. Strange). He hates being a puppet of Set, but learned long ago that its best to do what Set wants.

He's a decrepit old rat man that spreads magical "curse" infestation wherever he sets up shop. He infects the body and the soul transforming humans into drones that he can command. If he's killed he exists in a spirit form and can possess another body to continue a physical existence.

2. The Moonchild. A teenage werewolf girl that became a runaway after killed a school bully. She now hitchhikes around America just surviving but attracts the attention of cultists that want to kill her lest she turn into a threat against them as she can smell magic.

She thinks she has nothing to offer the world when she actually has a lot of potential. Tigra/Thera is her favorite superheroine because no matter how bad things got for her she never killed someone. She was proof that it was possible to have an animal inside and not be a murderer.

3. The Bookmaster. A third-rate practitioner of the black arts who thinks he's stumbled on a copy of the Darkhold and the key to the big leagues. But he's just seeing what the book wants him to see. The book is using him as a conduit bringing to life all the dreams and imagination he was too scared or too self-conscious to ever bring to life himself.

But when the book exhausts his imagination it will leave him as it has left others and move on to another victim.

What's Timanin series?

It was mentioned in a book once that she was made into a coat (yes really. people aren't exaggerating when they say Tigra is the punching bag of Marvel) but it was revealed (thankfully) that he was lying.

Strange is ignoring him because he has far more dangerous and pressing issues to deal with. The Hood is basically an amped gunman which makes him pretty low in the dr strange rogue totem

Its reasons like this that Tigra as a street-level magic character is really needed in the marvel universe.

The alpha primitives wouldn't have been so bad maybe even good it they didn't make so many horrible writing decisions. First off they made them too good of slaves, they were dumb, incapable of reproduction,and so instinctually driven to work that they do pointless labor on their own. After freeing them they could have just had them integrate into inhuman society off screen instead they just had them do nothing and saying they did nothing. Weird part is that it was a story that killed maximus off screen. Later story with quicksilver had them integrated but then Jenkin's inhumans back tracked and had them separated again. It got better when they started letting the Alphas improve and even had a story where they became able to reproduce in a jurassic park life finds a way story. They even got their own colony started up but that is largely ignored by later stories for some reason. Then worst of all Dan slott came around did that retarded Alpha's are humans that Inhumans transformed which made the slave shit even worse and made no fucking sense in half ass attempt to make his OC character sympathetic. Also that story had a ton of continuity errors in the inhuman parts. I thought it would have been dropped since the alphas weren't getting used after that but Christopher Priest of all people dragged that slott stuff back up in a story that ignored most the established history except for the slott stuff.
>black bolt younger than peter parker
>crystal being like 11 when jonny storm was an adult

Attached: 1511908963171.jpg (432x459, 38K)

I wonder if the first time she got mind controlled to be submissive part of it stuck and nobody noticed so the reason she can never get a win is because subconsciously the mind control is still making her submit and lose to everyone around her.