How can this guy be a Joker?

How can this guy be a Joker?

>no purple suit
>no weapons
>no Batman

Attached: jokerredjoker.png (1440x1422, 1.82M)

>facepaint
id advise you to read some comics mate

Joker got bleached!

Atleast he is a gamer

society

Now that you mention it, why isn't his suit purple?

where would you find a purple suit in our society?

also no purple Lamborghini

It's likely that he's giving kid Bruce the happy face in the trailer. And it's likely it's right after his parents were killed.

Where's the 'damaged' tattoo in his forehead and all others? Where Harley? This Joker sucks. I don't understand why reboots keep RUINING the source material.

Local costume shop or you know Amazon.

Attached: 1550111773973.jpg (550x412, 31K)

Wouldn't that make the Joke like 60 or 70 when Bruce becomes Batman?

My guess is that they want this one to be visually unique amongst the sea of purple suited film jokers.

That's what I thought

How tf there is no batman in this one?
Also, I am getting concerned with how frequently modern media makes series and films bout villains with no heros. Fuckin Scorcese ruined the society

Because he’s not The Joker. In fact I don’t even think he’ll gain the name nor fame in the movie. Sure he may accidentally cause some civil unrest what with the clown fad, but I think the point of this story is one disturbed man targeting those who’ve wronged him. Thomas Wayne, that late night host played by De Niro, maybe even that woman he was at the diner with. My point is perhaps this man actually inspires THE Joker, the one that will fight The Batman. Perhaps a child smiling at the exploits of this clown

It's just a King of Comedy/Taxi Driver ripoff with Joker slapped onto it, don't think too much about it, at worst he'll kill a cop.

>It's likely that he's giving kid Bruce the happy face in the trailer after his parent's dead.
If he's portrayed as a scumbag here that'll probably make the movie.

The joker is secretly a shape shifting metahuman and doesn't age properly as a result, but the big secret is that the joker was Alfred all along, he was just trying to keep Bruce from killing himself by giving him purpose.

Attached: alfred-pennyworth-vs-superman-4.jpg (1914x1470, 409K)

It seems to be going the Gotham route of doing Batman without Batman and focusing on the villain.

Better Joker

Attached: joker-rabbit-2-12.jpg (512x288, 28K)

>20 year old joker pranking 10 year old Bruce
>Bruce becomes Batman in his 20's
>This somehow makes Joker 60 or 70

I don't think so.

Because when this was being written and filmed it wasn’t supposed to be a Joker movie, but test audiences didn’t exactly react positively, so they changed the title of the movie to Joker and CG’d Arkham Asylum in

Bruce becomes Batman at 30. Joker in this movie is at least in his 40s considering Joaquin Phoenix's age and Bruce's parents are killed when he was 8.

So it just so happened to have the whole clown and we live in a society theme

something, something... society

Really? Any sauce on that factoid?

Yeah, it’s literally the metaphor for “Smiling on the outside while I cry on the inside” which is basically what the whole movie is about. What happens when a man has to literally paint a smile on his face for people to think he’s happy.

What's the deal with Joker (in general) and society as a meme? Redpill me, please.

maybe the suicide squad joker was inspired by this joker and took on the mantel years later

will the Joker say the n-word in this movie?

Attached: 1553248968728.jpg (503x494, 40K)

That would've been interesting. It would've been memed to shit like Drive or TDKR but now that it has the Joker label on it this is going to get ridiculous. Sucks for the writer or director who created this original idea

truly we live in a society.

Attached: 1550101549897.jpg (480x712, 157K)

The fuck are you on about? Bruce typically becomes Batman around the age of 25

It's always been a Joker movie, you dinguses. It was literally announced before this even started filming that Todd Phillips, Joaquin Phoenix, and Martin Scorsese were attached to a Joker movie.

You probably really believe this

isn't it Joker before JOKER?

>People trying to rationalize the movie in terms of the conventional Batman timeline

You guys realize this is an alternate reality, right? It's not SUPPOSED to fit into the timeline of the Batman comics or any previous Batman movie. It's a totally new story. It's an Elseworlds.

People don't realize it because they have been conditioned by the MCU to think all of the comic book movies from a studio must be in the same universe/timeline.
So DC making elseworlds movies like this now will just confuse the idiot masses as to how does this Joker from the 70s/80s fit into becoming the Suicide Squad Joker and fighting Affleck Batman.

Veronica

>>no weapons
Pretty sure we see him waving around a revolver in the trailer.

The movie isn't called "The Joker", it's just "Joker"
You can pretend it's a standalone movie about an unrelated man in 1970's Gotham City becoming a criminal who wears clown makeup if your autism so compels you

Fuck purple, maroon is a great color

Hire a seamstress.

Inner city malls that a lot of black people shop at

Attached: 196.jpg (1224x1224, 484K)

They were going for that Caesar Romero look?

Well yeah, until they shoe horn in Arkham

That still puts him in in his early 60s when Bruce is Batman

Batman and the Joker have been connected for years. Bruce has been the reason he became the Joker in the first place. People aren't just screaming 'muh cinematic universes'

Wait, the joker's black in this movie?

He lives in a society

*HUFF* *PUFF*

Attached: Joker.jpg (634x990, 97K)

Unless if Mrs. Obama guest stars in the movie, then yes.

It's [current year] and black people are still dressing as pimps?

At the end of the movie he'll probably fall into a vat of chemicals that'll make it purple.

DESPITE
*WHEEZE*
DESPITE BEING ONLY

Only time travelers dress like this, user. I don't care what you say.

purple store

That suit's purple though, the fuck are you talking about?

oh no

Attached: D3hA1iHWkAA1_Kn.jpg (1080x1920, 209K)

That’s more of a red burgundy, as in closer to blue than red on the color wheel. I wouldn’t call that purple and I don’t think anyone else will.

Did somebody call for the Butlering?

Attached: The Butlering.jpg (5000x1880, 1.57M)

Not even the joker is that low.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

Am I the only person expecting Batman to be in this movie? I figured the television program talking about the “masked person” doing something evil was actually about Batman to subvert audiences expectations. I picture him coming in at the end to stop Joker and maybe, probably not, throwing him in the acid

The kid Joker makes smile is young Bruce Wayne. The guy on TV is Thomas Wayne. Alfred is also in the movie in some minor capacity. The 'mask' is referring either to Joker or one of his goons committing a crime while wearing a clown mask.