Reminder Mignola is a fucking sellout

Attached: hellboy.jpg (1920x2160, 2.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_Comics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>non-big two creator hopes to make some hollywoodbux

Keep the screenshots and conspiracy coming, yung Sherlock, you're onto something here.

>capitalism is bad

Attached: 1537361264013.jpg (1080x1080, 80K)

Not what anyones saying.

What i'm saying is Mignola lacks integrity and doesnt respect his own property.

this was known the moment he licensed those shitty whiskies

I can't fucking read this image

Do you have vision problems?

look at this faggot trying to shoehorn politics where there isn't any.

yes, sometimes I just wanna chill but I remember my dad is crazy, my grandpa even crazier and that I'm a robot unsure if he's capable of love.

he's Liefeld for pretentious people

Except he has co-creators for a lot of his shit and screwed them over just so he can get a share of the pie. A long time ago mike mignola was decrying how the Big 2 screwed the little guy and now the positions are reversed and he is the big bad

Keked hard, I never read the Hellboy comics and since Mignola said that this was based on his comics thought I could give it a chance

Just read the comics. You can watch this later for some half decent action scenes if we're lucky.

Epic af

>IP owners shouldn't use their IP to make money

Attached: 1542950615611.png (1992x1368, 203K)

>being so retarded you misunderstand an extremely simple point

Attached: 2ldenj.png (640x845, 404K)

How so ? I see nothing wrong, there. How wanting the movie being closer to the source material make you a sell-out.

IT ISNT.

He is blatantly lying because he's being paid to. This movie is a fucking travesty, its less faithful an adaptation than either of the Del Toro movies.

>IT ISNT.
The movie isn't out yet and from what I am seeing, it seems to effectively be closer to the soure material than the first two.

One thing that bothered me with the first movies was that Hellboy was hel a secret, whereas one ting I always liked about the Hellboy comic was that the supernatural was always widely accepted. It seems the new movie is doing that right.

>This movie is a fucking travesty, its less faithful an adaptation than either of the Del Toro movies.
Hell boy in the comic was never a secret, nor did he and pyro girl ever were a thing.

>what I am seeing, it seems to effectively be closer to the soure material than the first two.

Are you Ray Charles or something?

>

Attached: ce7d97438391cd5311526a35c4b3f927.png (1805x829, 856K)

The new movie actually has the Lobster.

Then you clearly have zero exposure to Hellboy comics, because if you think Hellboy not being a secret is enough to make up for everyone being a swearing, over the top, quipping, Fox-Marvel rip off, instead of a gothic, noir, pulp setting, then you don't know the first thing about the comics.

>quip complain
come on, it's something he was doing regularly in the comic. People get over it already.

Oh, another Del Taco-worshipping fake fan that only "got into" the comics after seeing the shitty movies.
Fuck off, poser.

Yeah, and he looks like a fucking parody of a pulp hero, not a man so serious he makes even his sidekicks uncomfortable.
This, people get hung up on the smallest differences in the GdT movies but will for whatever reason let this Avengers shit fly.

You faggots clearly havent read the comics if this basic surface level shit somehow makes it comic accurate.

You're ignoring how almost everything else is wrong. Everything. Oh but "Da lobster muh open secret no liz romance" as if that changes how EVERYTHING ELSE IS WRONG.

>everyone being a swearing, over the top, quipping
seeQuipping and dry humor has always been part of Hell boy. that's definitely not the part to complain about. Also, the movie isn't out yet.

He really isn't, Hellboy "quipping" is mostly "oh shit" or "shut up" and other one liners like that, he's not a witty asshole, he's just a very tired guy who wants to punch whatever faggot is separating him from his next bottle and pack of cigs.

You know who calls people posers?

Posers.

NO HE FUCKING DOESNT.

HOLY SHIT READ HELLBOY YOU FUCKING WEEKEND WIKIPEDIA WARRIOR.

>he looks like a fucking parody of a pulp hero
PArody, no, homage, definitely.

>"Da lobster muh open secret no liz romance"

Maybe the next version will have Liz and The Lobster as boning buddies.

>>Quipping and dry humor has always been part of Hell boy. that's definitely not the part to complain about. Also, the movie isn't out yet.
Post examples of Hellboy quipping like a Marvel superhero. I'll wait.

Go ahead.

Pull up some examples. Come on.

Yes he does.

Quipping has never been an issue.

only something as cancerous as live-action adaptations could make hellboy threads this hostile
can't wait for oversaturation to kick in and kill this shit forever

Fight me.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 37K)

POST SOME EXAMPLES THEN ASSHOLE.

OPEN UP THE HELLBOY BOOKS AND POST SOME SCREENCAPS OF HIM QUIPPING LIKE DEADPOOL.

Yes, dry humor. Do you not see the difference in between a tired investigator sarcastically undercutting a situation from time to time, and this?

Attached: 0.jpg (749x486, 43K)

>mignola
>whose franchise already has two LA movies and a couple animations
>whose franchise recently concluded
>who can now get action figures of his show
>who also wrote an expanded universe series, more than a couple to be honest
>is only now selling out because you don't like the new reboot
ok

>en a tired investigator sarcastically undercutting a situation from time to time,
Literally the definition of squip, user. you are just in denial.

That isnt a quip.

Attached: 1511321773902.png (337x334, 172K)

OG Lobster is a homage, he's got that stoic behaviour, an autistic obsession with JUSTICE, he doesn't give a SHIT. This one looks like my uncle with an aviator hat on but drawn by Kevin O'Neill
Where's the quip in that you fucking faggot, you've tried that same shit in another thread and got BTFO. He isn't quipping here, he is drunk after years of being castaway at sea and literally drinking with skelletons. That's not a quip, that's an absurd situation you, the reader think it's funny, but that's just what's been going on.
The same goes for the monkey with a gun panel before you post it.

Attached: 0.png (500x798, 203K)

He's selling out because he's openly whoring it. He always bitched about all adaptations of his work prior to this because they changed shit. Every time.

But how he's shilling this shit hardcore, when its the worst adaptation of his work theres ever been.

Attached: 0.png (300x481, 187K)

Ah yes such famous quips as

Damn!

Crap.

Uh-oh.

Ow!

And who could ever forget:

Sunuva--!

>Superheroes.memebase.com
Not only this pic proves what me and other people have told you across multiple threads (Hellboy isn't witty, he just wants to get done with it), it also proves you have never read these books.

>Where's the quip in that you fucking faggot
That's a quip. Literally.

user are you mentally well? These arent quips. They're his earnest response to each statement. He is tired of that horseshit and just wants to drink in the first, and is earnestly saying that in the second.

Attached: c1c.gif (200x200, 125K)

People seem to want to avoid bringing it up but the main reason people are mad at Mignola is because he screwed over the two main people who were working on BPRD ie he's a sellout bitch.

>"Post a quip! I dare you!"
>a quip is posted
>* moves goalposts*

You are so basic.

How can it be a quip, he was drinking with skeletons and doesn't want that lady near him.

Just find them on google search. Source mean nothing. and yes Hellboy does quip. Always been part of the charm of the character.

You just fell for the "hat the quip" meme that never had any reason to be in the first place and now are applying it to hellboy.
It literally is.

Attached: 0.jpg (300x345, 71K)

An honest statement about his situation that only seems funny outside of context due to the absurdity of it is a quip now?

You're aware he's being literal right? He was literally drinking with skeletons a few pages prior to that.

Faggot you're posting fucking conversations and statements you're not posting Deadpool tier quips.

>These arent quips
Yes, they are.

You found one quip. Congratulations. One entire quip.

This justifies him becoming a deadpool tier shitshow Starlord quipster during events that in the comics crushed him mentally. Surely.

>he was drinking with skeletons
Quips doesn't mean it is false, user.
>An honest statement about his situation
Being true doesn't mean he isn't trying to be humorous, there. you are just in denial.

I mean, complain about other things in the movie, but Hellboy has alway got a dry humor.

FAGGOT HE WAS LITERALLY STATING HIS SITUATION OUT OF ANNOYANCE.

JUST READ THE FUCKING COMIC.

>but Hellboy has alway got a dry humor.
NOT LIKE THIS FUCKING MOVIE IT WASNT.

>XD XD I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOBBBBBSSTEEEEEEEER LE JOHNSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON *dabs*"

>One entire quip.
Several were posted already.

he really isn't trying to be humorous, he's drunk and wants to be alone, and this memefest isn't "dry" at all either

And by this Hellboy fans are BTFOed

>FAGGOT HE WAS LITERALLY STATING HIS SITUATION OUT OF ANNOYANCE.
And expressing it with an humorous quip. I read the comics, user. and I also enjoy it for the dry humor that it has.

The situation being trued doesn't mean it's not a quip.

No they werent. You posted one. Out of the 3 or 4 presented only one actually could be counted as a quip. And its clearly from the earliest Hellboy stories too, based on Mignolas style in the picture provided

Also hypocrisy, which is a worse crime to many internet denizens

>he really isn't trying to be humorous.
He is.He is at least trying to be witty. Complaining about quip isn't valid. complain about the other stuff.

>No they werent.
they were. On quick line of humorousbit in front of a dire situation Literal quipping.

You really don't if you think he's quipping in that scene.
It's from the Giurescu arc, so literally the first Mignola wrote in its entirety.
The man is drunk and depressed, he's not trying to be witty, he wants to be left alone. Why are you lying about reading this shit? YOU think it's funny, as THE READER, because it's an absurd situation, but it's played 100% straight within the book.

ITS ONLY HUMOROUS BECAUSE ITS ABSURD WHEN TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.

It isnt fucking humorous IN the continuity of the story. Its like pointing out how the monkey with a gun shit is funny. Sure, outside of context ,completely devoide of understanding why its happening, its funny because its absurd. IN the context of that story, that monkey shoots Abe multiple times and he nearly dies and its not treated as comedic at all.

Just like this. Sure, DEVOID OF ALL CONTEXT the absurdity of drinking with skeletons can be humorous, but IN context its about Hellboy drifting and becoming an alcoholic and wanting to be left alone, its not meant as a joke. Mignola himself said this is how he writes it, the humor doesnt come from intentional comedy, it comes from the absurdity of the situation when removed from context.

You giant fucking faggot.

>no u
OK, fake fan.

>You really don't if you think he's quipping in that scene.
It's a literal quip, user. that it is true doesn't mean it isn't. usually, quip are precisely to point out the how the reality of something is surreal/silly.
>The man is drunk and depressed, he wants to be left alone.
doesn't mean it is not a quip. You are the one in denial. You know it is meant as a bravado, which is part of what a quip is. You refusing to see there was a bit of humor in it is you being in denial.

Why are there so many faggots here who clearly havent bothered reading the Hellboy comics trying to explain the Hellboy comics to people who have read the Hellboy comics in an attempt to justify why an unfaithful MCU-knockoff shit adaptation is ~ackshually~ extremely accurate despite everything clearly not being accurate at all when you scrutinize it for more than a second?

Fucking wiki warriors.

i don't know user why do you keep posting the same thing over and over

>ITS ONLY HUMOROUS BECAUSE ITS ABSURD WHEN TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.
Nope, even in context, it is funny. A quip can be used to point out how absurd a situation is. A quip usually pint out something that is true.

HOLY FUCK READ THE COMIC.

YOU HAVENT READ THE FUCKING COMIC WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT LIKE YOU KNOW MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE.

Everything else might be unfaithfull, but the Quip complain are invalid.

People just have developed a quip-hate bonner and go throw a tantrum, no matter what.

Why are faggots who never read Hellboy before the Del Taco movies getting bent out of shape about the new movie

You havent read the hellboy comics.

I don't like to accuse people of shilling because it's usually "stop liking what I don't like" but at this point I cant see any other explanation other than a very dedicated marketeer trying to diminish this trainwreck.

>HOLY FUCK READ THE COMIC.
I do. I have read the comic several time; those are quips, Hellboy quip, complain about somethigng else.

there is a bit of humor in Helboy and the character is defintely not meant to be 100% edgy. He will regularly point out how stupid the situation he is in can be, which is straighforward quip. you are the one in denial who only remember the comic for the more serious stuff.

I say you go reread it again and enjoy the humor more, this time.

Making Daimio into some kind of henshin werejaguar superhero that can transform and fight at will is perhaps one of the most insulting things you could ever do to that character.

>this entire thread, the movie, BPRD drama, and BPRD’s ending
Man, it became super fucking suffering to be a Mignolaverse fan in like six months.

Attached: 0.jpg (940x705, 80K)

Holy fucking shit you fucking dolt stop being obtuse, Hellboy isn't cranking spidey-snark nonstop, whenever the situation is stupid, he'll flat out state, very dryly "this is stupid". If you can't see the difference between that and the memefest provided you in that trailer, I very much doubt you read Hellboy or any other form of fiction whatsoever, because only a man without any vocabulary in how diferent types of narratives play out can't see how out of tone this shit is.
If you had read the comics, for example, you would see how fucking wrong it is to show Hellboy throwing zingers around while genociding an entire race of magical beings.

I understand theres humor but its not quips.

Maybe the classic textbook quip definition, which isnt what we're referring to, just incase you're severely autistic. We're talking about the movies Joss Whedon style Buffy Avengers quips. Tension shattering, out of place, tone mismatched retard "comedy" thats completely out of place and misses the point of the character.

Hellboy doesnt fucking scream how much he loves Lobster Johnson, he didnt fucking quip during The Wild Hunt, he didnt fucking hate Bruttenholm. Etc. etc. etc.

Again this isnt a quip like you're thinking its a quip.

>, Hellboy isn't cranking spidey-snark nonstop
Not non-stop, but he will do it from time to time.
> he'll flat out state, very dryly "this is stupid".
Which is also a form of quip, user, It often is what a quip is, as a matter of fact.

> If you can't see the difference
One of the most common form of quip is precisely to point out how stupid the situation is.

>yfw you realize they originally cast Ed Skrein because all they thought Daimio was was "oh duh BPRD dude who turns into da cool cat?" and he's just a random british guy now, not a US military man who got murdered by a cat and brought back as a werejaguar zombie

We should have known then and there.

Attached: 1549543356560.gif (404x347, 1003K)

that's what happens when Yea Forums infects something you like

>Again this isnt a quip
That's literally a quip, user. Now you are just in denial. A quick line of bravado. that's a quip.

>>Which is also a form of quip, user, It often is what a quip is, as a matter of fact.
>One of the most common form of quip is precisely to point out how stupid the situation is.
You're completely misunderstanding what we mean by "quip".

We're talking about Whedonisms. Avengers style writing. Out of place comedy jokes that are completely removed from the tone and undercut everything.

No man can be this autistic, you are getting paid for this. You have been explained in multiple posts and judging by your shit arguments, at least two threads now, how off-theme everything is, and yet you keep on insisting because somehow this shit is a quip.

Like the quip shit is insufferable but what they did to Daimio is outright insulting.

How and why the fuck would you turn a man's personal tragedy and downfall into a superpower.

>You're completely misunderstanding what we mean by "quip".
I think I actually know it better than you do. For some reason, you have equated with "everything I don't like".

A quip is simply a quick line of bravado and/or humor said in the heat of action. that's what a quip is, user. simply.
I haven't been explained anything, all I have been told is "nuhu, that's not a quip because I said so".

what they did to every character is insulting.

Hellboy is like some distressed californian yuppie, alice is... I dont even know, Daimio is fucking insutling, and Bruttenholm is so completely fucking broken that Hellboys entire existence now makes no sense.

Quip ins't an issue.

Sure

>>I think I actually know it better than you do. For some reason, you have equated with "everything I don't like".
>
>A quip is simply a quick line of bravado and/or humor said in the heat of action. that's what a quip is, user. simply.
I AM EXPLAINING TO YOU WHAT WE MEAN WHEN WE SAY QUIP YOU DENSE RETARD HOLY SHIT.

WE'RE REFERRING TO THE JOSS WHEDON STYLE TENSION-SHATTERING OUT OF PLACE HUMOR THATS PRESENT IN THE TRAILER. NOT LITERALLY EVERY TEXTBOOK MIRIAM WEBSTER DEFINITION EXAMPLE OF THE WORD "QUIP".

EVERYONE BUT YOU UNDERSTANDS THIS.

>miriam webster

You conveniently ignored every part of this post with explanations as to why this is completely off-tone, and that's from one of my posts, but multiple people have pointed multiple times across at least two threads (you don't even try to deny you're the same guy) why none of this suits Hellboy at all.

>I AM EXPLAINING TO YOU WHAT WE MEAN WHEN WE SAY QUIP
And I am telling you you have got that wrong.

>WE'RE REFERRING TO THE JOSS WHEDON STYLE TENSION-SHATTERING those have never been wrong and you have zero valid reason to hat them. Especially fo r the big two, Quipds have alway been a prt of the cape-comic DNA and those who hate it are just Yea Forums poster who on't read comics.

>EVERYONE BUT YOU UNDERSTANDS THIS.
You fail to udnerstand there is nothing wrong with quipping. The hate for it never ever made sense to begin with.

I didn't.
seeIt is not off-tone for Hellboy to do some dry humor quipping.

>(you don't even try to deny you're the same guy)
I am not.

>If you can't see the difference between that and the memefest provided you in that trailer, I very much doubt you read Hellboy or any other form of fiction whatsoever, because only a man without any vocabulary in how diferent types of narratives play out can't see how out of tone this shit is.
If you had read the comics, for example, you would see how fucking wrong it is to show Hellboy throwing zingers around while genociding an entire race of magical beings.

>you would see how fucking wrong it is to show Hellboy throwing zingers around while genociding an entire race of magical beings.
I have read the comic and it fit right in his alley, if he consider those to be a real nuisance. Now it depend of the kind of zinger, I haven't seen the trailer yet.

but saying Hellboy doesn't quip is damn wrong.

>hose have never been wrong and you have zero valid reason to hat them. Especially fo r the big two, Quipds have alway been a prt of the cape-comic DNA and those who hate it are just Yea Forums poster who on't read comics.
Hellboy is not Marvel.

Hellboy is not DC.

Hellboy isnt a superhero.

YOU ARE INTENTIONALLY MISSING THE FUCKING POINT OF WHAT WE"RE SAYING YOU SPASTIC RETARD.

>Now it depend of the kind of zinger, I haven't seen the trailer yet.
Fucking do it then you fucking faggot holy shit.

Why are you arguing with us about this if you dont fucking know what we're arguing about.

>actually watching garbage movie trailers
le mao

They're not witty remarks, they're just literal statements. Hellboy occasionally makes quips but the vast majority of his speech are just deadpan remarks.

I'm sure you're the only person in the world who has, truly real super fan. What was your favorite part of the comics? I liked it when Hellboy and Liz got together and had a baby, or when Abe had some faggy elf princess girlfriend.

>Hellboy isnt a superhero
Ha ha

Attached: dfa357865ee0e12dde7b4b1c00b77288 (1).png (544x642, 109K)

>getting money out of this, and if it does good, it means probably more money

I'd do the same.

>admitting to having no integrity

>I'm going to quote the guy I called a sellout!
Brilliant

This is back from 2012 when he was extremely critical of adaptations and highly protective of his brand.

>h-he was different back then
Alright, buddy

I suppose you could say that, yes.
And i think i'm not the only one.

But don't worry user, you don't need to be honest, after all no one will ever offer you money for anything since you highest inspiration in life is trying to start a shitstorm on Yea Forums over "muh integralism!1!"

Yes...?

He was highly critical of even Amazing Screw On Head back then and highly protective of his brands and didnt like even minute changes. Something happened to him inbetween then and now which highly upset John Arcudi and led to him openly shilling this movie as being faithful when it clearly isnt.

I can trust what the man said when he had integrity beccause he cared about the brand. He clearly doesnt care anymore.

>he isn't a superhero since he isn't Marvel nor DC

This has to be bait.

Go back to Yea Forums where you belong.

the movie promos literally call hellboy a superhero now

Mignola has literally said in the past verbatim "he's not a superhero".

Also, even if he was, it still doesnt fucking fit the character, and he still isnt a Marvel or DC character so it doesnt make any fucking sense to put Hellboy at their standards, its a completely different thing.

Mignola wanted to pitch Hellboy to DC lol

Okay...?

What is that supposed to prove. DC published a lot of shit that had nothing to do with Superheroes in the 80s and 90s.

>DC
>producing exclusively superhero comics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_Comics

Attached: 4093db5a397473f0b85f78f98c52137c.jpg (1770x963, 824K)

I said DC, not Vertigo. He pitched him as a DCU character, dumb dumb.

Source?

I mean regardless, he literally said he isnt a superhero, so i dont get what point you're making.

Either that or he's too stupid to anticipate a movie production being run by managerial capitalists instead of artists.

>the creator flipflopping only counts when it supports my argument
Hellboy was literally created as part of a superhero team book lol

Attached: The-Original-Hellboy-Team.jpg (1400x700, 417K)

You mean something Mignola said he moved away from because he didnt want to do superhero shit?

Yeah, that must be why there's a superhero in the literal first issue of Hellboy
Or why the comic follows a bunch of common cape tropes anyway
D'oh

Theres a superhero in the first issues of Hellboy because it was written by John Byrne you fucking retard, not Mignola.

Notice how when Mignola took over writing fully, that shit never showed up again.

He still willingly agreed to make Hellboy a part of Byrne's superhero universe, friendo
Honestly, this is getting pretty embarrassing, I'd quit right now if I were you

Attached: not a superhero comic.jpg (1243x1929, 869K)

He literally said he's not a superhero.

How are you still arguing he is when the man himself said he isnt.

A fag in denial is still a fag
Enjoy your capeshit in denial

>Mignola has literally said in the past verbatim "he's not a superhero".

Then why are are all comics perpetually stuck in the second act?

Attached: 4632786-checkmate+#5+final.jpg (825x1280, 414K)

What the fuck does this even mean and what does that have to do with Hellboy?

Attached: d6f.jpg (403x389, 19K)

Just keep reading it. It'll eventually dawn on you.

Faggot no answer my question.

What does that mean and what does that have to do with Hellboy?

It is, but this has no relevance with the picture.

>I'm just saying that everybody in hellboy universe is gay, and that irish girl was actually black the whole time, I never said she was white or anything

You guys can go back and forth all you want on the definition of quip but the fact still remains that this movie is copying and pasting (poorly) the same formula we see in movies like the MCU. No amount of autistic effort to find moments where HB makes "quips" will justify this clearly erroneous effort to make this movie marketable.

Okay? As long as he keeps pumping out good art and quality comics why the fuck should I care?

He's doing neither.

Forgive me, I'm only about halfway through all the Hellboy shit. Then why should I care at all if it doesn't affect his work? You're really not answering the question as to why I should give a fuck about his opinions and what bearing it has on the work of his I do enjoy.

He screwed over John Arcudi as well.

And since that did affect the comics, I am annoyed at this. His opinions on the movie do not so I am not. I feel like you're missing the point. This movie does not look good to me so I will not be seeing it, but why should Mignola's opinion of it have any bearing on anything, much less be worthy of getting angry about?

Hopefully this is a case of shit trailers, decent movie but... I'm not holding my breath. Feels like they tried to hard to get away from gdt style and chased after mcu style. Shame. Wild hunt makes for a great movie.

Attached: hellboy-reboot-neil-marshall-mike-mignola-6.jpg (1600x1068, 402K)