Dorothy & Alice. From Netflix

>Dorothy & Alice. From Netflix.
Should it be live action or animation?

(Pic Not Related.)

>Netflix has tapped up-and-coming screenwriter Anna Klassen (When Lightning Strikes) to write Dorothy and Alice, which follows the fantastical friendship between two of literature’s most iconic characters — Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, and Alice from Alice in Wonderland.

>The original script found Dorothy Gale haunted by nightmares of Oz’s impending destruction. Sent to a home for others like her who experience troubling, vivid dreams, she soon befriends Alice, a mysterious girl who involves her in a perilous quest to not only save the worlds of imagination, but the world as we know it. However, Collider has learned that the plot has changed since the announcement about the initial spec sale, as Netflix and Unkeless want Klassen to take the project in a different direction, which, naturally, is being kept under wraps.

>Klassen is a former entertainment journalist who worked at Bustle, Newsweek, The Daily Beast and BuzzFeed. She was able to leave her job to pursue screenwriting full time after her cleverly-titled J.K. Rowling biopic When Lightning Strikes was voted to the 2017 Black List and the 2017 Hit List. The unauthorized script chronicles the true story of 25-year-old Joanne Rowling as she weathers first loves, unexpected pregnancies, lost jobs, and depression on her journey to create Harry Potter. Talk about a juicy role for an A-list actress! Klassen’s script earned her numerous meetings around town, and clearly, she won over executives at Netflix, where she is developing a second project as well. She’s represented by manager Bash Naran at Write Large and an all-female team of agents at WME.

collider.com/anna-klassen-dorothy-and-alice-netflix-movie/

Attached: download.jpg (226x128, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Girls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Dorothy and Alice, which follows the fantastical friendship between two of literature’s most iconic characters — Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, and Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
:D
>The original script found Dorothy Gale haunted by nightmares of Oz’s impending destruction. Sent to a home for others like her who experience troubling, vivid dreams, she soon befriends Alice, a mysterious girl who involves her in a perilous quest to not only save the worlds of imagination, but the world as we know it.
:DDD
>However, Collider has learned that the plot has changed since the announcement about the initial spec sale, as Netflix and Unkeless want Klassen to take the project in a different direction
>:(

Will they kiss?

WILL THEY KISS

I DON'T CARE IF THE SOURCE MATERIAL PUTS THEM AT SIX YEARS OLD
YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO THEY'RE GONNA AGE THEM UP TO BETWEEN NINE AND TWELVE YEARS OF AGE

WILL THEY FUCKING KISS EACH OTHER

I love Oz stuff so I'm interested in this. Watch it be shit though since no one has ever managed to make a proper adaptation of the book(s).

Hopefully there is no influence from Lost Girls.

Preteen girls usually experiment at that age, so yes.

>my two earliest childhood crushes are going to get paired up in a series together

They damn well better!

No, they will have a harem of handsome boys to drool over.

It's been a minute since I saw Alice in Wonderland, does she have a leitmotif like Over the Rainbow?

Attached: 1308785418037.jpg (800x600, 124K)

Definitely an animation. Dorothy is so firmly associated with Judy Garland and it's always tough to re-cast that kind of role with a new face. I'd much prefer to see some animator's take on the character. And besides, Animated Alice a cute.

Attached: bf1ff880d43bacfafc993d3134aa4a8c96b9e5d0de1c171a06f13c47166d467b.jpg (1409x1800, 617K)

Which one's gonna be black, Dorothy or Alice?

Dorothy

>/ll/
Now that's something I can get behind.

Attached: c68e1b56c1b4756d6a8d6e6eb35ff755262c5256.png (800x600, 423K)

Alice is tripping and constantly taking different drugs, so making her black might be problematic

Dorothy drops her house on a witch and steals her shoes. Also problematic to make the murderer and thief a black girl

Wait is Netflix adapting Alan Moore’s Lost Girls?

Attached: 235EF643-3A7B-46A6-B542-E2CCEDE4ECDA.jpg (250x333, 28K)

And Judy Garland was a massive lesbian, so if they make Dorothy gay, that's already one minority checkbox checked.

But she wasn’t, she was a gay icon but she herself loved the D

I once heard some say Alice in wonderland is technically an isekai, So I assume the same would apply to The wizard of OZ.
Anyways what's the best version of alice and what's the best version of dorothy out side the original books in your opinion?

Attached: 8NQNFI0.png (290x263, 55K)

Is what, is it just because of Over The Rainbow?

No but since it's a Netflix show they'll both fuck black guys by the third episode.

Actually sounds really good!

Wonderland is a legit just make believe world.
Oz is an entire land hidden by magic that Dorothy and her Aunt and Uncle moved to at one point.
Lumping them together is absolutely disrespectful to the living beings in Oz.
Neverland and Slumberland are closer to Wonderland that Oz is to any.
This is propaganda following the steps of the MGM continuity's coattails.
Bet those fuckers are making the Wivked Witch. Of the the West green with two eyes and Dorothy's shoes red too.

I can't help but think of pic related. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Girls

Attached: 15779890.jpg (372x499, 65K)

It's going to be live-action CGI goop like Netflix's Leminy Snicket show or any recent Disney movie.

So... this, basically?

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-154547_Google.jpg (1275x1950, 1.45M)

Don't forget that Andy Weir (The Martian) also made an Alice/Dorothy crossover already... but this one had Peter Pan's Wendy too.

Attached: Cheshire Crossing.jpg (2560x1829, 988K)

Wasn't there also a comic that had a war between the two? I've always wanted to read them both.