Book 2 doesn't deserve the hate that it gets, it's a good story

Book 2 doesn't deserve the hate that it gets, it's a good story

Attached: Legend_of_Korra_Book_2_DVD.jpg (250x353, 36K)

well, one thing i say, book 2 never broke any lore, the original series never explained anything about the avatar past.

i was surprised by how much Yea Forums disliked this show

_no

Attached: 15311097983961.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

the real question is which was more disrespectful to the original franchise?
Legend of Korra or Disney Star Wars?

Remember when Jinora has the spirit stuff in S2?
They wrote that without any plans/idea of how she had it or what it meant.

Disney Star Wars and it's not a contest.
Malice beats incompetence every day

Beginnings are the worst episodes in TLOK
I hate the inclusion of Raava and Vaatu into the Avatar mythos, and I actually liked TLOK

It's all bad.

Wait, was the ending of season 2 Korra where they literally murdered every avatar spirit and destroyed a huge part of the spirituality of the show by doing that AND introducing spirits as physical things not malice? They literally took the shows namesake and ruined it on purpose

>Roku doesn't know any spirit old enough to remember La or Tui other than Koh
>the Avatar State is a defense mechanism combining the power/technique of all the past lives
>Aang contacts the past lives but they all tell him to kill Ozai, neither Wan nor Raava let him know about Lion Turtles and the ability to take away bending

>good story
It has a good concept that fall by the wayside for dumb shit.
>Unalaaq hating that his culture and religion have been reduced to novelty was a kinda unique motivation that I liked
>Overthrowing the peaceful settlement to take it back to the older, more spiritual ways was a good conflict that tied into Korra's own representation of martial arts moving from spiritualism and defense to sport
>The latter above I'm not criticising. It arguably helped disciplines develop and survive afaik
>Instead of a human conflict that would have been pretty grey, we got "I will unleash the evil spirit and then the world will reset", which was lame, even if I liked the story of Wan
>The giant battle was retarded
It shows a lot that they had no plans to do the season in the first place

WRITING FAILURES
>Korra is back to shitting on airbending and being an impulsive bully despite already learning these lessons in season 1
>Unalaq had no reason to occupy the South and attack Korra's family, she was eating out of the palm of his hand and perfectly willing to open the remaining portal for him
>Katara is barely involved to the point that they try to make excuses in a later season
>Deus Ex Jinora
THEMATIC FAILURES
>theme of balance is destroyed, instead it's OBJECTIVE GOOD vs OBJECTIVE EVIL and evil must stay imprisoned forever (compare this to how La and Tui are represented as duality in ATLA)
>theme of natural harmony is destroyed, spirits are actually all just violent savages even before Vaatu manipulated them, forcing humanity to live on lion turtles just to survive
>mysticism of bending is destroyed, reduced to a mere weapon intended to fight off spirits and then used to wage war
>essence of the Avatar is destroyed, without the past lives Korra can no longer act as a trusted arbiter between the nations, instead she is exactly what she appears to be - a retarded child with an extreme bias towards her tribe and a blind eye to the bullshit her allies pull
All in all the worst season of Korra by far. It's also fucking hilarious that they go to all that trouble and then Ravaa never shows up again.

I'm a huge Korra fan, but S2 is still a giant piece of shit.

korra is a pretty girl

Attached: 1408780286687.png (637x825, 749K)

Maybe they really fucking hated Ozai and kept their mouths shut so Aang would kill him

shitthy tier villian

Attached: índice.jpg (300x168, 7K)

The only point I pick on here is >no past lives means she can't be trusted

EVERY Avatar was perfectly capable of shirking their duties or making poor decisions even with the past lives

Kuruk fucked around constantly, Kyoshi created the Dai Li, Roku didn't realize just how deep Sozin's rage at being no-way-fag'd was and failed to stop him before he started the 100 year war

To suggest an Avatar could only be trusted with a connection to the past is already completely trusting that they'll follow the previous incarnations' advice and that said counsel would be sound

Yeah having a long-term cultural amalgamation and experience to draw on is helpful, but the authority of the Avatar is as much rooted in cultural as practical

Aang only summoned the most recent Avatar spirits, he didn't even know Raava or Wan existed.

Did Roku or Kyoshi? Maybe. But when there are like a thousand past yous sharing the same soul, you don't necessarily get to know them all

this

literally midichlorians, the show

A:TLA deserved so much better.

The first half is basically awful. Korra is absolutely insufferable and everyone and everything around her is boring and generic.
The second half is good. I kind of love the finale.

No, it was definitely contrivived. The good avatar/evil avatar thing was dumb as shit.

I remember the visuals and animation to be really pretty, though. And S2 Korra with her hair down is the hottest Korra.

The majority of your points are on the mark, but I disagree with Korra losing the connection to the past Avatars being a bad thing. In fact, I thought it was one of the best decisions the season made. She wasn't really an "arbiter between the nations" before she lost the connection anyway. I don't really see much to your point other than "I don't like it!". It connected to the themes of seasons 3 and 4 and motivated Korra's "who am I and what am I supposed to do" theme.
>Deus Ex Jinora
Didn't bother me. I thought it was neat.