Did I hear someone say Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics thread?

did I hear someone say Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics thread?
because I'm sure I heard someone say Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics thread.

Attached: 244.jpg (350x263, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hATHakVkbQM
youtube.com/watch?v=30u7SInryfY
youtube.com/watch?v=3MSJM1s4PAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rgJQhHWAzjM
youtube.com/watch?v=2DjJSVXoPEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AzeebDf3Rbo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustavo_Adolfo_Bécquer
youtube.com/watch?v=0ofkv84WbaU
youtube.com/watch?v=1g3xbo39ORM
youtube.com/watch?v=2QI2kb3MgFA&list=PL2858A4424762C239
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

starting with Yea Forums's favorite, The Marriage of Mrs Fox
youtube.com/watch?v=hATHakVkbQM

also reminder Brave stole the idea from the grim brothers

Attached: 433.jpg (1024x722, 217K)

Feeling a little nostalgic for some old Yea Forums are we?

Had a rough day?

Attached: bluebeard.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Yea Forums plants their roots in everything, even in Hungarian folklore. here's the tale of a man who gets to fuck his cat waifu
youtube.com/watch?v=30u7SInryfY

I SAID Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics! I just began to watch this show recently and I LOVE it madly, not so much as certain characters love the gold but I am slighly mad for it. Since the intelligent ways of defeat certain villains to the good feelings represented in some stories and the beautiful lessons that other tales try to teach, this show is quality and magic.

There is something that I like particularly about these tales, while most part of the stories in our times value the strenght and the curtness or independence and superiority over other people, these tales shows something different, these stories aggrandize the humility, the goodwill and the disinterested love for one's neighbor. Then our heroes in these stories are heroes because they are good people and defeat evil lords and wizard is just secondary.

Now that I'm talking about the show... A girl can love and everything is fine right?... right?

Attached: Girl and bear.jpg (484x360, 16K)

Let's turn the Grimm's fairy tales into comics and then we're gonna talk about the original source

Attached: comic.jpg (245x367, 41K)

Do you notice how this is vulgar and stupid?

Attached: comics.jpg (360x553, 70K)

Attached: comics3.jpg (360x553, 68K)

I'll fuck that bear

I think that my favorite tale is The Bearskin, when I began to watch it, I thought "this is the typical stupid boy who falls into the trap of an old fox" then the story makes this incredible twist with our protagonist outsmarting The Devil himself by finding a legal hole in the contract, a very simple story with a beautiful message about power of will, faith, goodwill, compromise, loyalty (I liked the girlfriend of our protagonist and she barely appears in the story just because her loyalty).

This tale has everything but it's not fair to say than the other aren't very good.

Attached: The bearskin.jpg (480x360, 13K)

well, this was weird
youtube.com/watch?v=3MSJM1s4PAQ

She too and she has a good pair of dangerous and very sharp scissors, don't try anything with her bear user.

Attached: Don't play with White Snow.jpg (484x360, 27K)

Might technically have been my first anime. Maybe even before Fist of the North Star and Nausicaa's bad dub. I can still hear the opening song in my head.

>Hey come along and join the fun
>In a land - of - fairytales

Massive wave of nostalgia from that alone.

Attached: Cinderella_(Grimm's_Fairy_Tale_Classics).jpg (974x728, 80K)

I don't understand why the credits says: Directors, executive producer, supervising producer, executive in charge, post production supervisor, script supervisor... I mean... what exactly did they do? this thing is an anime.

whatch out, scissors are serious business!

they were the ones who paid for it, distributed it, created the music scores, voice acting, filmed it, and made them available on their channels, there's more to animation than simply drawings on paper. also if you think someone is going to give any credit to the poor underpaid ching sung poing ming being forced to draw hundreds of these drawings while sniffing the toxic fumes from the paint in a non ventilated slave camp you are totally wrong.

Attached: 6r65.png (500x1017, 135K)

It's weird because most part of us probably never suspected that these shows were anime. I mean, I memorized the P-I-N-O-Double C-H-I and O but I genuinely thought for a long time that it was a Disney's plagiarism. The weird thing about this anime is that it was soo popular that it influenced in Italians themselves (the native land of this tale) then that means that these countries considered these animes good adaptations of their tales. These productions don't look like anime at all and it surprised me because it seems like anime used to be much more than moe long time ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=rgJQhHWAzjM

Attached: Pinocchio from my childhood.jpg (640x480, 27K)

YES

I haven't seen that cartoon, but can we talk about other adaptations on Grimm fairytales too? I loved "The big book of Grimm", it had some really cool short adaptations of these stories. It was nice how they collected works from tons of creators and the book had a lot of variety.

Judging by some googling, the Grimm cartoon had an episode based on Allerleirauh/The Coat of Many Colors. Did they do anything to make the ending less fucked-up? Just curious, because I've seen some variants where they change the ending.

Attached: clever hans.jpg (1179x4442, 1.34M)

I wanted to start reading Fables but I've heard mixed opinions about it, guess I'm gonna read it online and if I like it probably I'm gonna start buying it.

Attached: 3r.jpg (700x1053, 215K)

well, this one isn't so bad, though it's too much sexual, the marionette couldn't look away

Thanks God for that UK officers, do you know how many brave men lost their beard because of these dangerous weapons?!

I don't mean to offend no one, it's just that there is much about the business that the general public never watch and it's never informed by the people from inside of the companies that there is a wrong point of view about the whole thing.

For example, Yea Forums and internet often complains about the authors when a show lose quality and they don't understand that it's not about an author, if we can see that something is wrong they can see it too because they are smart people just like us, but in fact there are a bunch of factors behind the fall... let's say Adventure Time (for example), like a low budget, a change of director, the industry asking to the writers for a specific thing (this happened with Butch Hartman). Ironically authors are probably the most limited people in the media even when they are the most important thing in the product.

Sometimes it looks like people want to think that the authors are the only thing in the middle, maybe they love that lie. But I can't judge them (well I can but I don't want to be hard with them), I'm not exactly a teenager and still there are so many things that I don't know about the industry.

Attached: OH MY BEARD.jpg (484x360, 25K)

A pity, the Japanese writers and the artists, the animators did a great work. Arigato Gozaimasu to them

Not him but there were some good ideas there

Attached: 1c59e607d0bf6955dd32844f2c1d24f3.png (482x719, 518K)

I have so many questions about that guy.

Attached: 6776.png (500x427, 422K)

Jesus...

so many questions

Attached: 75.jpg (460x466, 68K)

I love me some fairtytales and fables. Will have to look into this.

KEK Interesting, just saying but it was England's failure in first place, they thought Israel was going to be their territory like Ireland or something, a kind of colony and because Israelis didn't let it happen England let the nations surrounding Israel (that used to be more or less a desert since some centuries ago) to "invade" the territory. The very term Palestine was an invention but many people from both sides have suffer because of the English involvement.
War is always an ugly thing when you see it closer, I think I like to see them from the distance

Sorry if I didn't comment about it earlier but I haven't watch all the episodes so I watched the whole episode right now, but I knew that I had to look at this episode when I saw it in Youtube, I don't know why I didn't do it.

Anyway talking about the tale, it's a very sad tale, the show tries to portray it as a comical episode but in fact this is a tragedy. A man demolishing his own home because a bad person who pretended to be his friend manipulated him to distrust of his wife.

I don't understand it at all, the story says that our protagonist is bad because he didn't trust in his wife but her wife betrayed his memory because she needed money and she wanted a handsome man, then can we really say our protagonist is the bad guy in this tale? Because it sounds to me like he wasn't really loved in that house.

It's sad because I really wanted to see Mrs. Fox being loyal to her husband, if I had to clean this story to make it more for my tastes I would like to avoid the kissing (and probably sex) because it feels like a HARD betray when a husband or a woman do that kind of things... Huh... I'm very a family man.

Attached: Betrayed.jpg (512x288, 17K)

Just a small part of their fairy tales are well-known and some of them were very strange

Whatabout the japanese version.

youtube.com/watch?v=2DjJSVXoPEQ

You're scary man

This character reminds me to Beatrice and she is still waiting for her Bear, I want to think that she will see him again in the future.

Attached: Oh my Bear.jpg (484x360, 15K)

Haven't seen the series. Is that a Snow White and Rose Red adaptation?

A Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics version of Berserk would be fun.

Attached: Puck1.png (533x803, 226K)

almost a decade of being stuck in a boat doesn't sound very fun

Har har

Attached: PuckTreasureIsland.jpg (777x853, 376K)

I'm this guy: You are right user, this was really weird, I mean what's her problem? "I came here to end with your happiness!" seriously what's her fucking problem with this poor woman. And why the water sings? Not that I am complaining that was cool but... why? Understanding the logic of these tales is the real issue of people whom are trying to learn about them.

Can you be happy being an elk? I think that it would have been better for him drink of the "Wolf spring". Wolves are cool.

Attached: What's her problem.jpg (640x480, 17K)

Eating people can be cute too!

Attached: 1546832398585.jpg (251x265, 15K)

Clever...

Brave was a boring movie, really that movie sucks, the original tale is better.

I don't know OP, I'm pretty sure this show is considered anime.

We can talk about tales in general, if you want to include some Disney adaptations that's fine too, there's an American pokemon film coming

Attached: pokemon.png (600x536, 151K)

I'll post a favorite of mine, apparently it never had a english/japanese release for some reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=AzeebDf3Rbo
I absolutely love Deaths design in this.

Attached: GodfatherDeathAnime.jpg (480x360, 12K)

The sleeping beauty is one of my favorites despite the uncomfortable older story was censored to be kid-friendly. It isn't so much about the princess but more about an old castle cover up by vines, I love this kind of scenery and I would like to recommend a book of stories where that ambient is common.

I'm not this guy or this one en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustavo_Adolfo_Bécquer

The guy was a German born in Spain and he was nothing like in the portrait but his legends were very good.

Attached: Legends becquer.jpg (228x346, 14K)

People has developed a despise for these tales, I blame for it to Disney, but I think that there is a weird kind of charm about the simple Princess and Knight dynamic, and it doesn't need to be bland it can be so elaborate as a complex story.

>I don't want eternal young.
>I hate you more than anyone in this world

This dialogue has a great strenght even when the story is simple.I don't understand why he decided to reject eternal young although. KEK It was a funny adaptation with all the Japanese things in the middle.

>The snake is his own enemy
>How could we do it to oursevles?

That was a great dialogue too.

That was a great dialogue too.

Attached: 1550660268739.gif (400x276, 559K)

Do you happen to live in a third world country?

I forgot it, Gustavo Adolfo Becquer Legends. There's a translation by Antonio Varera. The original book was called "The book of Sparrows" but Rhymes and Legends is the most common compilation today

Is this from the same guys that made those adaptations of literature?

Attached: 1550045618892.jpg (500x375, 53K)

I read it long time ago. I don't remember it, but I will check the episode, that white guy looks cool.

This show always made me sleepy when it'd come on Nick Jr when I was a kid.

it was touchy uncle Jim's special cocoa that made you sleepy.

You are very clever user.

The Death's designs related to this tale are always cool, but I have a thing for capes, they look elegant. You know I was thinking about this story and... well... he simply wanted to help other people that's why he accepted to use that Panacea, but somehow the poor man became a slave of "his own medicine" (kek), he can't leave it because he wants to help people but he can't live with it neither, it's a very hard situation and very interesting as well. But it's not Death who kiledl him but his own kindness.

By the way I think I heard a long time ago that "Fishes sometimes decide to go for the bait even when they know it's bait because hey, it's bait".

Attached: 436094278_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

The wolrd and the ideas surronding are interesting but the writing takes a nose dive right around the time the "war" happens.
Ridiculously one sided conflicts and characters acting like retards and things just happening makes it dreadful.

what about it?

it was Nippon Animation for crying out loud.

Yeah it is.

Love words and promises are useless after a kiss or sex scene.

He never gave to her lemonade.

>all those cartoons of my youth that were actually animues

Attached: Katie.jpg (500x313, 109K)

Amazing, isn't it?

Why does this look like old anime?

better?

Attached: snow white.jpg (300x414, 16K)

Nice, that was one of my favourite fairytales as a kid. So many of these kinds of stories featured sibling rivalry themes, with evil siblings bullying their kind-hearted sibling and later getting some kind of gruesome comeback over it. Because of that, it was refreshing and pleasant to see a story where two siblings loved each other and neither of them was evil.

>Read the fairy tale
>Sisters don't want to marry bear monster man even if his loaded and later kill themselves when he comes back hot and the devil laughs about getting their souls.

Well that's a bit harsh.

not true but funny definitely

I have to admit it, I thought that Red Rose could be the antagonist of the story at first, I got surprised by the idea of both of them being good and having a good relationship, maybe we need more of these kind of stories I mean the Evil Twin has been a little over-used these years.

>it never had a english/japanese release for some reason.

Odd Japan didn't but I can see why it wouldn't in English. It's a pretty dark episode. Good one though.

not uploading the version with the better song:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ofkv84WbaU

For shame!
also, does anyone have the song of the GFTC version of the beauty and the beast?

youtube.com/watch?v=0ofkv84WbaU check at 0.13.

inb4 eceleb: if there were another alternative i wouldnt have to ask this, this is the only video in the net i have found.

>I'll be a good boy ma'am

>please to be sorry mercy for me I am no speakeded good english. please to give monies for englishes lessons my mother are very sickk

They were cute. I think they suffered from being too long, though. Too many additional characters and plots that bogged it down. Like how in Snow White the reason the apple piece falls from her mouth is because the bear that she's befriended by giving it tons of food scraps is distraught over her death and knocks the coffin over. Rather than just having the prince's servants (or at least, the dwarves!) drop the coffin.

Attached: 59ac4e33a54434f6227ff9f9a3eeab3a.jpg (480x360, 20K)

For me, I prefer the Faerie Tale Theatre adaptations. Or for animated, Happily Ever After, if I'm feeling like a spun version. Crazy ass Jamaican Rumpelstiltskin still creeps me out, although he was missing the element of feeling sympathetic to the miller girl's tears once he comes to collect the baby, which I feel is important to the character. Oh well.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I really like the german dub
youtube.com/watch?v=1g3xbo39ORM

Not him but remember that this is fairy tales thread. Poverty isn't a shame but haughtiness is.

Attached: 1554119949388.gif (204x248, 18K)

I like how Pinocchio's design makes a remembrance to Blue Fairy, after all in this version he is supposed to be her son.

By the way this is my favorite song related to the character and it was inspired after The adventures of Pinocchio.

youtube.com/watch?v=2QI2kb3MgFA&list=PL2858A4424762C239

Remember girls, dont follow handsome men to castles and get underage wasted on wine they offer you. They might just be a demon lord, and you probably dont have a badass pegasus friend to fight that demon to the death to save you.

Attached: katie the cat.jpg (500x289, 106K)

>tfw that user spits toads and snakes whenever they talk from now on

>thinking that's a bad thing
sounds pretty cool to me.
>someone pisses me off
>EAT COBRA
>same room as someone I don't like
>fill the room with snakes and amphians
>Go to Australia
>Spit cane toads
>go restaurant I don't like
>spit toads and snakes and get the place shutdown by the health department