Where did company wars come from? Nobody actually cared about shit like that before 2000...

Where did company wars come from? Nobody actually cared about shit like that before 2000, back in my day it was indieshitters vs capeshitters, now everyone reads image while you have to pick a favorite capeshit company- why? What made this happen?

Attached: F807F594-B117-468B-90AF-EC08133A6FCB.jpg (2153x3056, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JN4U577VQP4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why did you say image like that’s indie?

marvel used to insult dc all the time back in the 60s-70s

>Nobody actually cared about shit like that before 2000
I read comics since 1996 and you're wrong. Also, indie vs capes isn't a company war, it's a real issue which was even more real in the late 90s.

Fine then, publisher owned vs creator owned, are you happy now? My point still stands.

The term "independent" came from publishers who are distributed by alternative companies to the Big Two's, hence independent. The idea that only self-published comics are indie is a myth, although it is related because Diamond holds an effective monopoly on the distributor market.
Regardless, Image is considered an independent publisher.

>Where did company wars come from?
It was still there. But if you're talking about online, it's Paid Shills.

Tbh it was op’s entire point that none of that matters anymore, image is about to overtake DC in terms of sheer sales per month. There’s been a legitimate change in the market and there’s no point denying it. Company wars have been growing exponentially as the particular brand of book they produce shrinks, it’s bizarre.

It really wasn’t though, back in 1980 nobody read from only one company, and nobody does that even today, but I’ve met at least fifty people who only read from one capeshit publisher while being entirely willing to pick up any old book from image, dark horse, or any other diamond aligned company.

It didn’t use to be so common, I assure you.

It's the movies' fault. It's always the movies' fault.
Fuck capeshit movies.

I was actually around during the 80's and 90's. There were still a lot of people who only read from one company. You just think company wars is more prevalent because you read this board and other boards, plus the paid shills are aggressively attacking other books or aggressively defending books.

I’m not talking about the internet, I’m talking about irl LCS interactions I’ve had.

>going to comic shop
You like the smell of sweat and dry jizz?

If you go to an LCS and it smells like that it’s a bad LCS

>image is about to overtake DC in terms of sheer sales per mont
Last Reported Share of Overall Units
Marvel 44.48%
DC 30.64%
Image 9.30%

units =\= money
Capeshit is dying champ.

>I don't know how to argue

Indie just means cool, netflix is Indie.

Last Reported Share of Overall Dollars
Marvel 40.20%
DC 28.69%
Image 9.49%

Nigger at least 70% of Image's catalog is capeshit, and so are Dark Horse's, IDW's and Dynamite's for that matter.

There ain’t nothing more punk than a dead ‘punk’.
youtu.be/JN4U577VQP4

The fuck was that?

Faggotry. The real stuff.

Yea Forums