Hellboy

Lobster Johnson is here

youtube.com/watch?v=hdZiTQlzk4k

Attached: Untitled.png (1001x861, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2012/10/geeks-guide-mike-mignola/
youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU
youtube.com/watch?v=OOD2GrcI2NU
youtube.com/watch?v=_2uelrpovBs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RIP Shazam

Too bad the tone is awful. Hellboy should just be creepy occult shit happening while he says “sonuva”. Hellboy doesn’t seem quick witted enough to say anything else.

I see Hellboy in Mexico in there too

In every trailer or ad I've seen for this literally every single line out of HB's mouth as a quip. No hyperbole, literally every line.

Chirst this looks so bad. Even regarding that fact that it doesn't seem to get the point of the comics at all, in general it just seems like they're going for maximum schlock appeal.

This trailer feels... Desperate? It looks better but it feels weird

oh no

It is certainly strange to see nemue used, seeing as she, well, KILLED hellboy.

Was he also killed by Hecate back in the second volume?

Yea we are now in the "IT HAS BLOOD AND CURSE WORDS" tier of marketing. I'm not sure what's more desperate than that. Maybe saying it's so bad that you should see it ironically is next.

So they are changing how Nimue was imprisoned I guess? And Lobster being "funny" seems wrong.

Well when you're tracking for $19 million you have to do what you can

Wow that did not translate

They really turned hellboy into deadpool for this incarnation... it's gonna be a hit isn't it...

Of course it isn’t. Everyone everywhere is saying it looks like shit. People that watched the deltoro movies won’t like it because it doesn’t have Ron Perlman, and people that read the comics won’t like it because hellboy rarely quips. This movie was made for nobody.

wow that was epic for the win

GUTEN TAG INDEED

Nah most of my normie friends don't even know this is coming out

Fuck. Anyone have any idea on the budget? It can't be under $100 million. It's gonna beat Dumbo and the biggest flop of the year at least until Dark Phoenix comes out.

Haven't read Hellboy in ages, is he still stuck in Hell after getting killed?

Shame he's stuck in such a shit movie.

Attached: 1526287067656.jpg (464x618, 32K)

The hellboy in Hell series was the end of the character.

Oh...

Attached: 1554263424696.png (497x480, 218K)

Mignola was clearly creatively burned out, it was the right choice. I just wish he realized it sooner and planned better.

Whose idea was Hellboy's hair? Jesus Christ.

Reminds me of the Amazing Spider-Man reboots with Garfield. They're so painfully aware that their movie won't be as good as what they're rebooting half is a shameless rip off and the other half is childish pointless changes just to say THIS AIN'T THE OLD HELLBOY, WE'RE DIFFERENT

This looks horrible

Attached: 970CB68A-E9B3-46BF-8BE3-96C45F61EBD1.jpg (1440x2232, 432K)

Why are you lying ? He's been back for a few issues now.

It looks very faithful to the comics. They should just get a different guy.

He, and the whole thing, looks pretty cheap. I like the idea of the casting but it looks like a halloween costume. The claw on his hand is too obviously a device

Ok. I didn't know he was still around in the EU stuff, I stopped reading that a long time ago because it's not good.

It looks like someone forced their grandpa to put on their shitty home made outfit.

>It looks very faithful to the comics.

Attached: 1543681402057.png (585x623, 439K)

>very faithful

Attached: 1554221355449.gif (187x187, 627K)

he just died again

I think it's nice that they let my Grandpa into the movie with his cosplay suit. He worked really hard on it.

I've seen cosplays of lobster Johnson that look better than that costume.

I'm not saying Lobster Johnson should've been Ron Pearlman, but Lobster Johnson should've been Ron Pearlman.

Mouse chucks wish

Bruce
Campbell.

Ron Perlman wouldn’t have worked on this movie in a million years.

it was made so mignola could get more money

That's not fair, adding Bruce Campbell would improve literally any capeshit movie.

Hellboy wore a manbun in the comics before it was a fad, but the people in charge clearly didn't want him to be mocked for the manbun meme. I could see the "good" intentions. They just fucked it up.

Lobster Johnson should be dead serious and I cannot picture Bruce Campbell doing that.

No way. Lobster isn't that kind of hammy.

this movie has no place for serious already, i meant tonally with all the shit they're already pilling up just go for the king of camp!

Just how long IS this movie?

44 minutes.

Should have done a movie based on Emerald Hell

>We never got a third Hellboy movie
>We never got a third animated Hellboy movie either
>The comics are almost literally stuck in hell with no end in sight
>this shit exists
What did we do to deserve this?

Attached: 1522301858178.png (1920x3240, 2.8M)

We fanwanked Mignola too hard, making him conceited and greedy.

>early promotional images looked promising
>strong lighting, dark imposing figures, Hellboy looked too menacing but could be fine in motion
>promised to be faithful to the comics, have a "dark, gothic, melancholic" tone like the comics
>From a director who can handle Mignola-esque pulpy horror action

>trailers arrive
>bruttenholm is a quipping, swearing, fucking asshole monster manipulator who wants to turn hellboy into a weapon
>completely butchering bruttenholms character
>he doesnt even name Hellboy or find him because he's too young to have participated in WW2

>Daimio is some random british fucker now, not a US Marine who's squad got wiped out
>his "curse" now isnt a curse but a fucking super saiyan cheetahman form that he uses to "LE EPIC KICK ASS XD"
>it has a fauxhawk
>his face isnt even fucked up
>Hellboy hates him
>It cannot be stressed enough how fuck up it is that Hellboy hates him

>Alice is straight up a completely different character with the name, there is nothing there from the comic version

>Hellboy wont stop quipping
>Hellboy hates Bruttenholm
>Hellboy s acting like a distressed college student
>Hellboy wont fucking stop quipping
>David Harbours face is paralyzed
>David Harbour is getting no direction, all his lines sound like shit
>Hellboy looks like total shit, stiff, lifeless, rubber shit
>HELLBOY WONT STOP FUCKING QUIPPING
>Hellboy being with the BPRD during The Wild Hunt
>Hellboy even interacting with Daimio
>Hellboy being hated and feared like a fucking X-Man

>Smashing together The Wild Hunt, The Storm and The Fury, Hellboy in Mexico, Lobster Johnson, and BPRD, completely butchering the tone, being filled to the brim with shit, a completely schizophrenic mess thats going to try and juggle 5 different stories that all could make their own movie
>Starting a Hellboy movie series during the penultimate Hellboy solo story
>Turn The Wild Hunt and The Storm & The Fury into a fucking lighthearted quipfest

WHY GOD, WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS

Attached: Look how they massacred my boy..jpg (750x489, 43K)

Mignola says his style doesn't work in animation even though we already have proof that it totally does even with an EXTREMELY low budget.

Attached: MV5BZjI3MmI4MDUtNGU5ZS00NzRiLThjMTYtYjU2MmJlMjI3M2Y3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDE5MTU2MDE@._V1_.jpg (715x400, 99K)

>and people that read the comics won’t like it because hellboy rarely quips. This movie was made for nobody.
For me it feels just like the comics. Don't really understand the hate in this manner.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-29-12-39-50.png (755x484, 311K)

Anyone who didn't abandon all hope at that "Legendary AF" poster have only themselves to blame.

Him not looking like hellboy at all is part of the problem. He looks like a generic scary demon while hellboy is just a dude with a brick of a head.

because you're a meme spouting faggot who has never read them, only saw le ebin skeletor and monkey with a gun panels on Yea Forums.
Hellboy's "quips" are mostly when someone delivers some grandiose speech and he goes "stfu asshole" and punches him

Mignola is a very talented comic writer/artist/worldbuilder, but he is also a complete idiot.

That panel cap you posted isn't a quip, it's humor comes from the situation and its inherit absurdity

Hellboy himself however is just kinda "done with this shit" and is kinda dry about it.

>From a director who can handle Mignola-esque pulpy horror action
The mistake was getting Neil Marshall to do a Hellboy movie. They should have had him make a BPRD movie, about a team of regular humans(maybe a psychic or occult girl in the mix) being sent on some case that turns out to be way bigger than they first thought, with Hellboy being brought in towards the end as backup. I'm certain that he would have made the soldier banter 100% great, and it would have made the reboot less severe and less likely to make the Del Toro crowd pissed for not casting Ron Perlman again.

He's way more downplayed in the comics. His funny lines are funny because of the who's saying them and who he's saying them to. He mutters to himself broodingly or delivers an understated comment to a villain. He's not the witty guy who makes scenes comedic.

Hellboy is never portrayed as witty in the comics. He goes "damn" if he fucks up, or "fuck you" if someone tries to grandstand him, because he's a big bruiser, not some charismatic guy. Him thinking fast enough to come up with a quip on the spot is jarringly different from that.

you just posted the one panel he said something intentionally funny
that and many variations of 'son of a-'

not quite the same as quipping every time he opens his mouth like in the movie

How the FUCK are they gonna fit all those stories in there?

>out of context panels that seem funny due to the absurdity of the content is the same as quips
The context of that scene is Hellboy has been an alcoholic floating around the ocean for a few years. Retard. He's not maknig a joke, he was literally drinking with skeletons and he's getting ornery.

Talented creative types who have no idea how to manage/properly exploit their creations are always a huge bummer, both for them and the fans.

Oh come on, Hellboy is almost like the Kiss of creator owned comics, there's a Hellboy everything.

Reminder that Mignola is a complete sellout now.

He wouldnt stop bitching and moaning about the changes Del Toro made in his movies, but he's completely mum and even gave his approval to this one, despite this one completely butchering the source material to the point that the first Del Toro movie looks almost 1:1

Why is Old Aquabats playing Lobster Johnson?

To be fair, Mignola has handled the universe great until recently, letting other authors do their thing but always checking off so that nothing needed to be retconned or so no character that didn't fit in showed up. Lately he's been fucking up, though.

There's any proof of Mignola bitching about Del Toro's movies?

>Reminder that Mignola is a complete sellout now.

It's less that he's a sellout and just bought into Hollywood bullshit.

You also need to keep in mind Arcudi vaguely mentioning he and Guy Davis don't like working with him, Guy so much that he quit comics entirely
Arcudi because he isn't getting any money for Daimio being in the film despite Mignola admiting Arcudi did 90% of BPRD

Arcudi is still fucking writing Hellboy/BPRD related comics.

Davis quit comics because he was making way more drawing production designs for Del Toro movies than he ever would on comics.

You're joking right?

>that one retard who kept saying Hellboy was a Superhero a few threads back
wired.com/2012/10/geeks-guide-mike-mignola/

Just admit mignolas a sellout

Attached: 88ca29f4cf5da4eac3f1087db20e64f0.png (545x347, 59K)

Not him, but I'm curious as well. Not that i necessarily doubt it's true, i'd just like to see the specifics

I tried to Google it but so far i only stumbled upon interviews where Mignola says they considered continuing Del Toro's series even without him, but ultimately decided not to in order to allow the new guy to bring forth his "darker" horror movie vision of these stories, which is hilarious to read now

Why is everyone saying that Hellboy is stuck in hell? The last thread that was posting all the comics showed that Hellboy is finally back on Earth and it looks like it is wrapping up.

why are we getting this instead of Hellboy 3

Attached: beyond mad.jpg (500x500, 59K)

Both of these are true but Arcudi was talking about it on twitter a couple months ago, and IIRC he mentioned Guy felt somewhat the same (two different occasions, I'd have to find the tweet threads)

He didn't mention Mignola by name but he said "People in the comics industry can fuck you over even bigger than the corporate entities", "I'm not getting any money from the new Hellboy movie" and was going to write an article on his thoughts on it but backed out, all within the same month so it's easy to extrapolate

I'd have to go digging for the interviews again but theres interviews he gives where he talks about adaptations and the del toro movies and he hates how much they changed and how when people think of the property they think of that and not his work.

Specifically im thinking of an interview he gave with someone where he also talked about how much he hated the Screw-on Head cartoon.

Because it was a good ending for the character and Devil you know is very mediocre for such a stellar series we don't wanna admit it's going to end poorly

>It's less that he's a sellout and just sold out

Oh, I'm sure that there's bad blood between Arcudi and Mignola.

Here's a fun tidbit: Arcudi pitched RUMBLE to Dark Horse and they sat on it for ages. He turned around and pitched it to Eric Stephenson at Image Comics one morning and by the afternoon Eric had given Arcudi a greenlight.

Also: It's rumored that Arcudi might've fucked over Harren a bit regarding Rumble.

It hurts, user.

Fuck Mignola.

Don't think you can win me over with a Lobster Johnson when he should have been in the third live-action and animated films a decade ago.

God Kirby was right
Comics will break your heart

Why couldn't the comics end with Johann becoming God and killing the dragon. Maybe idk show alice in hell with HB and a bunch of devil babies on the last page I didn't even need that much

Kirby was an idiot who could rumble in the streets but was a pussy when it came to pushing back against predatory business assholes like Stan Lee.

>Why couldn't the comics end with

Because Mignola needs money.

>predatory business assholes like Stan Lee.
What the fuck are you talking about retard?

Stan Lee wasnt in a position of power to decide fucking rights or royalties when Kirby was at the company. He was ust an editor-writer. They had a boss.

In all honesty Stan could probably have talked to Martin Goodman about better compensation. The thing people don't seem to get is that Kirby wasn't even that preoccupied with the ownership of the characters (he was very protective of the books but still, the man had been in the industry for 30 yeas at that point), originally he was pissed because he was getting underpaid, overworked and his originals weren't being returned.
The creator rights stuff came much later in his life and only (I assume) because he saw Siegel & Shuster get something out of it, but he was mostly preoccupied with getting CREDIT, not even money, and they couldn't even give him that.

>wanting to ruin Johann's end with that shit
God I'm glad you weren't in charge.

300 million in china
absolute flop everywhere else

Lol ok. And that's why when Marvel got bought up by a book publisher who paid the writer and editor 10 times as much as the artists for novels Stan made sure they used the same model for comics right?

Attached: giphy.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

Because that makes no sense.

I don't blame Mignola for ending the series on a downer note, but he should have let the BRPD team take over on both writing and art if he was so burned out. Now we get a rushed pile of random death and nothing.

Del Toro wanted Bruce Campbell As Lobster in Hellboy 2 but Mignola didn’t want Lobster in the film

He was going to be in Hellboy 3 also played by Campbell

Campbell even voiced him in the game

>Stan Lee wasnt in a position of power to decide fucking rights or royalties when Kirby was at the company. He was ust an editor-writer.

>editor-writer
>No power over the artist

Pick one.

>the comics business in the 1960s is the same as it is now in the 2010s

Attached: 2ldenj.jpg (640x845, 108K)

the fuck is the point you are even trying to argue?

Mate, not only you show a great misconception of how those books were written, you also show a great misconception of the functions of everyone in a comic book company and in any business.
Being an editor-writer has shit to do with compensation, creators credits or original art returns. Those would all be outside of Lee's jurisdiction, though, as an (eventually) editor in chief, he could probably shed some positive light on the creators with the executive side, and he's wrong for not having done it, but that's about it.

Whats your point, faggot?

You're aware Stan was stretched between like 10 books back then and gave his artists extreme freedom right? He had no fucking say in regards to rights, ownership, royalties, and didnt hound them. He gave them plot outlines, let them work their magic, and added dialogue and narration.

He wasnt in any position of power beyond that. Thats all he did while Kirby and Ditko were with the company.

People who don't know what editors are.

>t. person who doesnt know what an editor is nor what Stan did in the 60s

Good job sport you're really lagging behind in the special olympics there. Keep dragging yourself along in last place.

Attached: 1511321773902.png (337x334, 172K)

You're downplaying him, Stan's editorial and all the sense of community and cohesion in these books was very important in selling them.
Someone who couldn't solve any of Kirby's problems with Marvel, since they were all of an executive nature, not editorial.
Again, Stan Lee's word would have a lot of weight, if he wanted he could have got Jack a better deal (and he actually did in a way, but not as good as what Jack felt he deserved) with his uncle Martin Goodman, but that's about it.

Attached: Clarissa-Explains-It-All-Shrug-Gif-On-Classic-Nickelodeon.gif (500x339, 754K)

>>You're downplaying him, Stan's editorial and all the sense of community and cohesion in these books was very important in selling them.
Well yeah i know, he was also obviously incredibly important to group cohesion, direction, and creating the shared continuity and how innovative the line was, but im simplifying it to try and get dipshit here to understand.

Oh, I'm sorry mate, Kirby is very dear to me and even though I side with him, it's better that we get these things clear, not to take away any responsibility from Stan or anyone else, but to show how clearly Marvel fucked him over the smallest things just because the managerial side didn't know what a fucking god they had in their hands.

People are seriously trying to argue that Stan wasn't a scumbag? I love the guy and comics wouldn't be what they are without him but he 100% fucked his artists over.

It wasn't him, it was corporate. He just got less fucked than other cartoonists because he was related to said corporate and also a company man to the end (and he had his reasons, the crash, Kefauver hearings and CCA situation really traumatized him apparently and he was trying to make sure he never had to go through that shit again).

>You're downplaying him, Stan's editorial and all the sense of community and cohesion in these books was very important in selling them.

Riiiiiight.

The only lasting contribution Stan Lee ever made was to convince Kirby to stay at Marvel by crying his eyes out.

KIRBY: It came about very simply. I came in [to the Marvel offices] and they were moving out the furniture, they were taking desks out — and I needed the work! I had a family and a house and all of a sudden Marvel is coming apart. Stan Lee is sitting on a chair crying. He didn’t know what to do, he’s sitting in a chair crying —he was just still out of his adolescence. I told him to stop crying. I says. “Go in to Martin and tell him to stop moving the furniture out, and I’ll see that the books make money.” And I came up with a raft of new books and all these books began to make money. Somehow they had faith in me. I knew 1 could do it, but I had to come up with fresh characters that nobody had seen before. I came up with The Fantastic Four. I came up with Thor. Whatever it took to sell a book I came up with. Stan Lee has never been editorial minded. It wasn’t possible for a man like Stan Lee to come up with new things — or old things for that matter. Stan Lee wasn’t a guy that read or that told stories. Stan Lee was a guy that knew where the papers were or who was coming to visit that day. Stan Lee is essentially an office worker, OK? I’m essentially something else: I’m a storyteller. My job is to sell my stories. When I saw this happening at Marvel I stopped the whole damned bunch. I stopped them from moving the furniture! Stan Lee was sitting on some kind of a stool, and he was crying.

Mate, I like Jack Kirby more than I like most human beings but the man could be pretty self-agrandizing, very much like Stan himself, so take everything both men said over the years with a grain of salt and try to find a more balanced middle-ground.

>first The Devil You Know completely shits the bed for Hellboy's grand finale
>now this
As a huge Hellboy fan this breaks my heart.

Could you explain to me what happened? I stopped reading after Hellboy in Hell.

It's just fanfiction

It's already doing well in America (est. 55m opening weekend so far), it won't be a flop. Also it was fairly cheap with a 90m budget so it doesn't need Avengers numbers.

Probably won't reach a billion but 6-700m is good.

Oooooo, should have gone with mirrored goggles

>Rasputin brought back with almost no build-up
>Hellboy never actually takes control of the demons of Hell
>Abe and Howard have the most anti-climactic deaths possible
>Still no fucking Daryl
>Johann's sacrifice is completely fucking pointless
It's not the worst thing I've read but it's draining that after all these years of build-up Mignola decides to shit the bed at the most critical of moments. I mean fuck, Hell on Earth had some problems near the end but even it had a lot of nice moment. The Devil You Know feels like Mignola simply wrote a general outline for the ending and the writer never expanded upon it.

Well I guess Mignola just wants to cash in the checks.

That user wasn't talking about Shazam

But if he was he should probably know that it already bombed hard in china

Kind of lame

Attached: oOQtdUB.jpg (1536x2150, 358K)

Attached: 3D.jpg (1500x750, 254K)

Johann's death even teased that there was a way to cheat prophecies and just destroy the ogdru jahad and their spawn with the infinitw power of some kind of multiverse, but they just shat all over that plot thread in the end.

Don't forget the vampires just giving up their master plan but still killing Kate's german bf because fuck you I guess?

In the last ten minutes ?

Yikes

Nah, if shazam is an indication, wom can only do so much.

>sandwiched in the cinematic killbox inbetween Shazam and Avengers: Endgame
>just like Hellboy 2 inbetween Iron Man and The Dark Knight
>it's gonna be a hit isn't it...
Nope.

>still pretending Shazam is doing anything but bombing
How can DChumps be THIS pathetic?

Not the point i was making but okay

Literally nobody knows that this movie is coming out
If Shazam is slightly overshadowed by Endgame then Hellboy is completely buried

How about watching it first guys? Seriously this shit was the same with Wonder Woman, Aquaman etc and it's getting old.

Attached: 2394820.jpg (780x629, 267K)

ive never read hellboy and was interested when they had an irish character, but then I saw they BLACKED her so now I'm just gonna seed this :)

Watch the trailer you fucking faggot.

I dont need to see more, whats there is already too fucking much. How do you fix what they did to Bruttenholm? Daimio? Alice? Hellboy himself?

They're ALL fundamentally broken and butchered, thats not even getting into the shit humor present in the trailers that i guarantee you will be in the film all over the place.

This looks to be more faithful to the comics, and it's different from Del Toros. Grow the fuck up and learn to give things a chance before judging them.

I mean seriously Hellboy and Liz in a romantic relationship? What the fuck...And Perlman's HB was just as quippy and a bit more retarded from what I am seeing. He looked the part yes but once I read the comic after seeing the first movie, this was Del Toro's fanfiction.

Now chill out, have a beer and pirate it when it comes out. Seriously getting this bent out of shape over a movie. This is why you are still single.

>I love you Lobster Johnson!

I know this gets thrown around a lot here, but this really is a movie made for R*ddit if these trailers are anything to go by. It's like a Rick and Morty Hellboy parody.

>This looks to be more faithful to the comics, and it's different from Del Toros. Grow the fuck up and learn to give things a chance before judging them.
>
>I
DAIMIO'S FUCKING CURSE BEING A SUPERPOWER HE USES LIKE GOKU IS FUCKING FAITHFUL? HIM MEETING HELLBOY AT ALL IS FAITHFUL?

BRUTTENHOLM BEING A PIECE OF SHIT WHO RAISED HELLBOY TO BE A WEAPON IS FUCKING FAITHFUL?

THIS VERSION OF ALICE? FAITHFUL?

HELLBOY FREAKING THE FUCK OUT OUT AND SCREAMING AT SHIT HE OTHERWISE TREATS LIKE A FUCKING NINE TO FIVE IS FUCKING FAITHFUL? QUIPPING WHILE EXTERMINATING A RACE DURING THE WILD FUCKING HUNT? EVEN BEING WITH THE FUCKING BPRD AT THIS POINT?

HOLY FUCK FAGGOT YOU HAVE NEVER READ A SINGLE FUCKING HELLBOY COMIC FUCKING EVER.

>I mean seriously Hellboy and Liz in a romantic relationship? What the fuck.
Wow jeez that fundamentally destroys Hellboy! Wow thats JUST like Bruttenholm, the entire fucking reason Hellboy is who he is, being changed into an asshole manipulator who didnt even find Hellboy during WW2.

>And Perlman's HB was just as quippy and a bit more retarded from what I am seeing. He looked the part yes but once I read the comic after seeing the first movie, this was Del Toro's fanfiction.
It isnt the fucking same, dipshit. Del Toros hellboy was immature, yes, but he had the same dry "been there done that" personality the comics one had when the chips were down. When he fights people, its pure comic Hellboy.

He didnt fucking screech "I LOVE YOU LOBSTER JOHNSON" when jumping off a cliff.

Del Toros changed a lot, and the second was an original story, yes.

But the first movie blows this out of the fucking water when it comes to being faithful to the fucking source material. God damn.

Oh so you watched the new one then?

Attached: fowtsowl.jpg (540x360, 52K)

THEY'VE SHOWN THIS SHIT IN THE TRAILERS AND CLIPS, RETARD. THE SHIT THEY'VE SHOWN IS EXPLICIT, NO AMOUNT OF EDITING WOULD MAKE IT DIFFERENT THAN WHAT THEY FUCKING SHOWED.

So you've seen the whole movie from start to end?

Attached: 342309.jpg (600x480, 196K)

Ive read the fucking comics and i know how broken and fundamentally wrong the adaptations of all the characters are by the trailers.

What, are they suddenly not going to make Daimio a random british guy with minimal facial scarring who utilizes his fucking werejaguar curse like a super saiyan form?

Are they suddenly not going to make Bruttenholm a 70 something year old born after WW2 who admits to wanting to make Hellboy a weapon?

Are they going to make Hellboy not act like a spastic retard?

Did they just film two entirely different movies?

Not him, but as a decades-long fan who owns the full hardcover library, this movie looks to be complete and utter shit.
The CGI is obnoxiously SyFy channel, but the worst sin is that NuHellboy looks like he cut off Perlman's head, hollowed it out, and wears it to fight evil.
This looks like a terribly low-budget attempt at a movie that really shouldn't be tried on a tiny budget.

Attached: Hellboy Reboot.jpg (1468x855, 649K)

Thats quite a feat

But no one got mad at Abe being psychic or...
-Ilsa and Rasputin being lovers
-The right hand literally unlocking a lock
-Meyers (honestly the character got screwed)
-Hellboy being a petty little shit
-Manning on Leno, what the fuck.
-The Golden Army BS
-Hellboy himself being a big ass secret and not walking around in the light

Like I said before, have you seen the new one in it's entirety? Basing your opinion on the trailer is just juvenile jackassery.

We get it, you aren't going to give the new one a chance because it's not Perlman or Del Toro. Still not sure WHY you are posting in a thread bitching about it if you haven't even SEEN it, yet you've already made your mind up about it.

Attached: 2039480.gif (500x300, 438K)

>>-Meyers (honestly the character got screwed)
WOW REAL GOOD JOB CONFIRMING YOU'VE NEVER PICKED UP A HELLBOY COMIC IN YOUR LIFE RETARD.

GOOD JOB!

I understand this and considering some of the fanart out there I agree to an extent.
We've only seen a glimpse of the movie through the trailers though. I'll stave off judgement til I see it in theaters.

You are comparing the movies, not the comics...and yes I've read them and BPRD and Hell Boy in Hell are my favs. Not a fan of Abe's series because of Grace's bullshit.

Seriously get a beer man.

None of those break the characters outright. They're arbitrary changes made for cinema audiences but they dont fucking BREAK the characters like what they've done to Bruttenholm and Daimio, the relationship between Bruttenholm and Hellboy, and the tone of the events taking place.

Those are really minor changes overall. Changes, yes, noticable, yes, but they dont fundamentally destroy what makes Hellboy Hellboy. Its still Hellboy.

This isnt Hellboy.

>We get it, you aren't going to give the new one a chance because it's not Perlman or Del Toro
No faggot its because it claimed to be faithful the comics and isnt. Holy shit you're dumb. It fundamentally misunderstands almost every single aspect of Hellboy. it fundamentally just doesnt understand the source material in any way.

Noboy fucking mentioned the Perlman movies you fucking moron holy shit we were talking about how the new movie completely screws the pooch as an adaption.

Holy shit you're stupid.

>and yes I've read them and BPRD and Hell Boy in Hell are my favs
>Phoneposter is a faggot retard
Like clockwork.

>Cherry picking
But and I reiterate HAVE YOU SEEN THE MOVIE THROUGH?

On a desktop but go off?

Attached: 2309.jpg (600x445, 107K)

>>On a desktop but go off?
>Hell Boy
>Obvious autocorrect

Yeah sure.

>>>Cherry picking
>But and I reiterate HAVE YOU SEEN THE MOVIE THROUGH?
HOW is it cherrypicking? The shit they've shown COMPLETELY misunderstands everything they're doing. Again, look at what they've done to Daimio, Bruttenholm, and the relationship between Bruttenholm and Hellboy. Its completely fucking irredeemable.

So you've watched the new one through then? Because I am just reading a lot of bitching about the trailers.

Please observe global rule 5

>All boards on 4channel.org are to be considered "work safe". Violators may be temporarily banned and their posts removed. Note: Spoilered pornography or other "not safe for work" content is NOT allowed.

EXPLAIN HOW THE FUCK WHAT THEY SHOWN IN THE TRAILERS CAN SOMEHOW BE FIXED BY THE FUCKING MOVIE ASSHOLE.

THE TRAILERS SHOW COMPLETELY FUNDAMENTALLY BROKEN VERSIONS OF DAIMIO AND BRUTTENHOLM THEY COMPLETELY MISS THE MARK. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FIX THAT IN THE MOVIE?

But you've SEEN the movie, right?

By all means then.

>>But you've SEEN the movie, right?
WHY DOES IT MATTER IF WHAT THEY'VE SHOWN IS ALREADY SHIT THAT CANT BE FIXED?

So you are basing your opinion of a probably 2+ hour movie on at least 5-10 minutes of screentime for previews/trailers?
I just want to be clear :)

Thats the point of a trailer, retard.

>trailers are never wrong

Attached: saioh.png (592x388, 104K)

Explain to me how the versions of Bruttenholm and Daimio shown in the trailers, which completely, fundamentally betray the comic versions and in Bruttenholms case fundamentally breaks the concept of the Hellboy character, can be salvaged by the movie itself.

Also yeah most of the time they're not wrong, unless theres intentional misdirection, 90% of the time it is what you're gonna get.

I'm pretty sure he's just fucking with you, nobody could be this dense.

Yep, it's been fun but I gotta run. Peace out!

Attached: 3982795.gif (500x518, 862K)

It's two hours even user, still a stretch but way more than 44 minutes.

>They really turned hellboy into deadpool for this incarnation
No they didn't not even close

Nah it looks great and it's from the director of motherfucking Dog Soldiers. Can't wait.

Why all the blood? Also Fuck yeah Hellyboy in Mexico.

lol

>lol

You have to go back

It is user, face it.

lol

lol

nice mark millar hellboy universe retards

I would honestly love this movie.
If it wasn't Hellboy

It has some of the good shit I like. Over the top (and they know it) violence. Not-too-serious violence. Not grimdark serious like modern 40k but grimdark funny like old 40k.
Also; dat Lobster Johnson thing was funny.

But none of this is hellboy and is a fucking travesty. Fuck whatever pants-on-head retarded studio exec thought this was a good fucking idea, and fuck whoever had the gall to write this movie and direct this movie

Attached: 1459456945101.jpg (373x351, 32K)

Attached: SonfoftheWut.gif (500x280, 420K)

I would assume because a lot of the monsters Hellboy fights tear through normal people like tissue paper. Also, you think Frankenstein would have a cameo or Easter egg or something if they're using at least a bit of that story?

Mignola says his style doesn't work in animation
For fucks sake. We have Screw-On-Head and disney's Atlantis.

It fucking works.

Attached: TIGTONE.gif (300x155, 771K)

God I wish Screw-On Head had gotten past the pilot. Just one season and I would've been happy!

Did you watch Deadpool, or just look at the trailers. Point to me the scenes where Hellboy is breaking the forth wall.

Also an actually decent Atlantis sequel, since you've gone and reopened that wound.

>breaking the forth wall
big fucking deal
"h-he's not deadpool because he doesnt use a katana"

"That's Mr. Zombie to you, for I answer to the mighty demigod!"

He doesn't. It's still a Deadpool knockoff.

Are you functionally retarded? Serious question.

>I would assume because a lot of the monsters Hellboy fights tear through normal people like tissue paper.

Just for that I hope they don't use him as a easter egg

I don't care I'll see it anyway, Hellboy 3 wasn't in the cards so I'll make lemonade and I might find things about it I enjoy.

Deadpool invented the color red.

Is this a serious post?

He'll be played by Aaron Eckart, I hate to break it to you.

youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU
>Ew... It's not a jewel. It's a dirty old piece of crap.

Attached: WaitLaugh.png (500x387, 114K)

How does he live with himself?

youtube.com/watch?v=OOD2GrcI2NU

The point is not that Hellboy will or will not break the fourth wall.

The point is that he'll be an OverlyViolent protagonist that does comedic quips and comedy routines every scene in a very bombastic way to very fucking out there, also comedic antagonists.

Granted this is closer to Guardians of the Galaxy Syndrome. But Deadpool was closer.

Either way though; that's not what fucking Hellboy is. Stop being a cunt.

>reference Legend of Korra
Yikes.

>Apologize to you? Pardon me if I say poppycock.
>Then say it!
>Poppycock!

We live in a universe where this wasn't greenlit.

Attached: 1501647564984.png (979x751, 704K)

Mignola sounds like he has the most inconsistent ego in comics

He sounds consistently egotistical to me.

"DAMN YOU MR. MANIFOL- excuse me- DAMN YOU EMPEROR ZOMBIE!"

If nothing else I wouldn't mind the movie attracting normal people if the end result was more screw on head.

Attached: x8jg2uau2.jpg (391x395, 39K)

You'd think they get Bruce Campbell Soup to be Lobster, since his whole thing is "Member Evil Dead? Member the Rami Movies? Member that I'm one of the most recognizable voices in the entire world that's only used for over the top schlock?"

I know that it'll likely never happen but do you think a Hellboy and the BPRD series would work? It would skip around chronologically and be adaptations of Hellboy oneshots with an overarching plot about the supernatural Cold War. What do you think?

Are you the same guy that always gets angry with this shit and post in CAPSLOCK like a 12 years old, or are you someone else?

Attached: 1521063330108.png (758x430, 22K)

Who?

how do you survive being this retarded?

Looks shit. I was hopeful when Mignola was going on about how this one would supposedly be closer to the comics than the GDT ones but everything we've seen of this so far just makes it look like a bad attempt at going after the Deadpool audience.

Yay retards willing to base a move negatively on its trailers. You shitting on it because you won't be steered by mass marketing, when these trailers are designed to take niche movies and appeal to a wider audience, is fucking hilarious.

I hope slapping one of the comic covers and pointing at a trailer meant for people who have no idea who the fuck Hellboy is makes your golden computer chair more comfortable. Something tells me you spend a lot of time in it.

lol

Because he's 67 and doesn't want to do full body makeup anymore.

Funny that no major studio was willing to fund Del Toro's Hellboy 3, but Lionsgate have no problem funding a complete reboot and then sending it out to die.

GORE, GORE, GORE.

yeah I'll pass

So does this. Doesn't make it look less cheap.

Attached: marvel-adult-spider-man-costume.jpg (1750x2500, 302K)

>The comics are almost literally stuck in hell with no end in sight
user, the story ends next month

kek

Here's the thing about Hellboy's humour, it's absurd and situational. Hellboy doesn't use witty insults or make witty observations. He's basically the straight man to his own absurd world and that's where his humour comes from.

>>Starting a Hellboy movie series during the penultimate Hellboy solo story
>>Turn The Wild Hunt and The Storm & The Fury into a fucking lighthearted quipfest
This is the greatest offense. Compare the apparent tone of this film with the Wild Hunt, Storm and Fury. We could have started slow, with a low budget, pulp-style Seed of Destruction, build up momentum with Wake the Devil, little shorts based on the volumes 'The Chained Coffin' and 'The Right Hand of Doom', followed by the Conqueror Worm, wherein you could then spin it off into BPRD, Lobster Johnson, Abe-Sapien before returning to Hellboy at a later date.
But instead, this. Just this.

Kill yourself

>how do you know it bad unless you watch it?
weird how this only shows up for movies that everyone knows will be bad.

You're the one defending it as if you've seen it. How about this you fuck off first and people post on topic like they have and you can detail another thread?

Trailers are released to build hype, if they do the opposite that will be the reaction. People have reacted to trailers, as they're supposed to, for half a century. YOU are the one demanding people have a certain view of the film they haven't seen. They're simply responding to what they've seen in the marketing for the movie... you know the shit the creators think best represent the work. That your earlier two "but you haven't even seen it yet" examples were Wonder Woman and Aquaman shows both that you don't understand trailer reactions and that you're singularly focused on capeshit which hellboy is NOT. Aquaman and Wonder Woman had a ton of hype from their trailers and press tours.

>I don't have any point I was just derailing the thread.

>shill is now angry he couldn't change anyone's mind so he's lashing out
Kill yourself faggot.

This trailer is trying really hard to be funny.

What I remember from the comics was a different tone. Dark, lovecraftian, dry humor, subtler characters.

This looks like it's trying to be deadpool.

>Hellboy
More like Quipman

I'd quite forgotten how amazing this is.

Well shit.

I thought the Del Toro's movies were bad and unfaithful to the source material, but this is on a whole another level. I am at a loss for words.

>This looks like it's trying to be deadpool.

You need to get your eyes, ears and brain checked.

That the relationships aren’t even close is irritating. That Alice got folded in as a bprd agent I can forgive. That daimio is working with hellboy despite them never interacting I can tolerate. That bruttenholm is just using hellboy as a weapon? That fucking stings. The majority of hellboys character was he chose to be the man he could be despite being surrounded by all this craziness. I think they will go for that approach, but they’ll make it a fuck you to bruttenholm in this way. I don’t understand tarnishing a loved character like bruttenholm when it’s just as easy to see he truly cared for hellboy. I know I’ll go watch it and I’m sure it’ll be fun at points but it’s sad to think of what might have been.

>That bruttenholm is just using hellboy as a weapon?

I mean, that's how Hellboy phrases it in the trailer. That means that's Hellboy's view of things. Broom might not LITERALLY be using him as a weapon that might just be how Hellboy sees it.

>And Lobster being "funny" seems wrong.
Isn't the whole point of the Lobster Johnson comics laughing at the rest of his crew trying to keep up with the absolute madman screaming "justice!"

What is this argument? The Hellboy move trailer showed clips of the Hellboy movie with the character Hellboy on screen. Where's the "wrong" here? do you think those clips are from a different movie?

Yeah, I don't get that. Maybe they changed their minds now that the superhero crazy is ongoing.

>people using Screw-On Head as the example of Mignola's style working in animation and not the Hellboy animated films
youtube.com/watch?v=_2uelrpovBs

Ah yes, Hellboy, the famous Disney character.
This is the IQ of the DCucks, who thinks everything that doesn't have a DC logo on, is "the mouse".
Truly living in their head rent free.

I own the Hellboy DVD with a ton of special features and Mignola seemed pretty happy with what they were doing in that film. Old interviews had him say he didn’t like the fact the movies would probably be more popular than the comics but he was still fine so long as more people love Hellboy. Maybe it was Hellboy 2 that he didn’t like and talked shit, but both movies made some money and Mignola got a pay check for both adaptations.

He's full of shit. Mignola loved the old movies as much as he can love any adaptation of his work. He and Del Toro were friends and did tons of collaborations together. He's just pretending now that he didn't like them and they were "too unfaithful" because he knifed Del Toro in the back and he doesn't want to look like a scumbag

Well yeah, the situation is funny, but that's the case with much of the Hellboy line's humor. Still, there is nothing humorous or light-hearted to be found anywhere in the man himself. The Lobster is a stone-cold killer.

Hey shortbus, he's implying the guy wishing for Shazam to fail is a Disney/marble fan, because who else goes into unrelated threads to tell everyone Shazam is doomed?

"Trailer doesn't make me want to see the movie"
"But you have to watch the movie first!"

This looks terrible.

>he's implying
you can stop acting like you are someone's else, DCuck, you are just mad Shazam bombed and people are talking about it.

I see, he caught you and now you're mad.

>it's gonna be a hit isn't it.
Nobody actually knows this is coming out

>This is the IQ of the DCucks,

Every time you turds use the word cuck, I can't help but picture Hitchcock on the other end of the keyboard.

Attached: cuck.jpg (500x262, 21K)

Yeah this is my greatest problem with the whole thing. Why re-start the Hellboy movie by mashing together so many stories at once, not to mention them being the closest we have to finales at this point. Start slower god dammit.

It all went to shit without Arcudi running BPRD.

At least Koshchei the Deathless was great, Mignola writing without a third rate scripter is still good comics, can't wait for Mignola and Fregado to reunite on Hellboy and the BPRD

Attached: vargu.jpg (780x1199, 206K)

That still fucks up their relationship and makes Hellboy being so much more like a man instead of a demon make less sense. He had a sort of normal upbringing with a kind father figure and it helped permanently steer him towards being a good guy.

2edgy4me

I cannot fucking believe I went all this way with Abe, my all time favorite Hellboy/BRPD character - and I read the whole fucking solo run and I was bored to tears - through all the suffering, all the Devon bullshit, all the muh frog of the apocolypse nonsense, JUST for him to go out like that.

I cannot tell you how immensely, supremely butthurt I am.

Attached: A realistic Abe.jpg (493x750, 84K)

It's the same with how every X-Men adaptation handles the Dark Phoenix. I think it was John Byrne who said something like " no one understands the story is about the fuse and not the blast "

It's all instant gratification

Just goes to show you that not even comic book fans want costumes that resemble the source material.

new movie looks like complete fucking ass

IMO only the injustice 2 hellboy dlc did the character right and in a cool way

Still mad that Ron Perlman wasn't allowed to voice him in Injustice 2.

>STAHP DERAILING OUR BITCH THREAD WITH YOUR LOGIC!!!!

They're running a business. Let's face it all the people who make the decisions only care about instant succes and money. (Not just because they're greedy, it's their job to make sure the company makes a profit.) They don't have the budget and they don't get the opportunity to make a whole bunch of Hellboy movies and spin offs.

>JUST for him to go out like that.

What happened to Abe? I didn't finish reading the Hellboy/BPRD books.

he died with all the impact of a gentle fart

Oh

>throws BPRD books into a dumpster

The Crimson Lotus mini was surprisingly dull and pointless

>Implying

He looks a bit goofy rather than menacing. Will see how it turns out.

Good job missing the point retard.

The point isnt the design, its the materials and quality of the makeup, costumes, and effects. Perlman looked good, Harbor looks like ass.

Also Lobster Johnsons costume looks like its made out of pleather shit they put on chea poffice chairs with a quick logo slapped on using a fucking t-shirt rack.

Also everything that isnt pleather shit on him looks like hasbro plastic.

This is so depressing. I miss Arcudi.

You talkin to a mirror, fagboy?