Literally calls mc out on being "half white half asian

>literally calls mc out on being "half white half asian
>"I wonder if he's only half good at math and eats with just one chopstick"
>the girl refers to min as "an actual racist
Woah WOAH WOAH
I don't know what I expected, but not that. This show has fucking balls. How coe i never heard about this, sounds like something both Yea Forums and tumblr would lose their shit about.

"Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel
Masters" thread I guess

Attached: bully.jpg (713x807, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/iwYAGcp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isn't this a show about a children's card game or something?

I'm only 3 episodes in, but I have seen co cards yet.
But, yeah, it seems to be a Duel Masters reboot

I want the brown girl to be my mommy

It's always weird to me shen an anime gets an american reboot

Attached: brown.jpg (700x700, 74K)

Does nobody on Yea Forums care about this show?
It's pretty rad
Bump

>That kid voiced by Phil Lamarr, whose brothers are voiced by Phil Lamarr and Phil Lamarr.

Attached: 1422482777660.gif (245x168, 795K)

why are bullies in cartoons always fat ugly kids with freckles

>sounds like something both Yea Forums and tumblr would lose their shit about
What do you mean? Tumblr would take it as validation that all straight white men are hateful racist incel alt-right Nazis, and Yea Forums would take it as validation that ((((they)))) are pushing an agenda to depict every straight white man as a racist incel alt-right Nazi. In the end, both ends of this autism spectrum just want to find something to be mad about.

Because that's what only children who never learned to socialize properly look like.

That is exactly what i mean.

The show gets really fucking real on multiple occasions.

The bully character has an extremely abusive father, who treats him like shit and would gladly dispose of him at any opportunity.
The brown girl is implied to have been sold into servitude to the choten by her family, although it's never confirmed, and may have been just lies to break her spirit. It was still brought up
The blonde/ginger girl (Allison)'s mother seems to have been a gold digger who abandoned her and her father years ago, leaving her with mommy issues, and him broken-hearted and unable to cope.

Most importantly, Tatsurion/Bob, who is also biracial, is implied to be a child of rape, and his father (or his men) likely killed his mother's previous mate.

You can also very easily read into the themes of racism/classism with Allison, Lucy and the two bitches if you wanna go that route.

Attached: [Pn8] Kaijudo_ Rise of the Duel Masters S01E20 Heart of Darkness, Pt. 2 [iTns-DL] [1080p] [AAC] [AC3 (1920x1080, 1.15M)

>kidnaps your father.

Attached: Megaria, Empress of Dread07.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

When you have a creatively barren property, you've got a lot of space to get creative with it.

The dragons of the fire civilization sure did love their purity.

Attached: Fire Civilization05.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

I only ever watched like, the first 5 episodes of the original anime, so I don't really have a very informed opinion, but based on what I saw - yeah, that seems about right.
The show seemed like such a forced cash-in piece of garbage.

So, Pros and Cons of Kaijudo

>Pros
Neat Monster designs
Interesting lore
Cute girls
The interactions between MC and Tatsurion the Unchained were heartwarming

>Cons
The choten pulling that cliche "Even when I lose I win" bullshit
Kinda drags in certain parts
Episodes that try to teach morals are really heavy handed about it
Ends in a really open way that pretty much begs for another season
was on the Hub so got fucked for ratings

I'd give it a solid 7/10

>The choten pulling that cliche "Even when I lose I win" bullshit
You know, he absolutely 100% did that, but he's also one of the very few cases where I went "yeah, I buy that. I'm fine with this".
His portrayal over the course of the series absolutely sells me to the idea of him pulling this off. He's a suave smug scheming motherfucker with a shit-eating grin.
I could come to his house to kick his ass and he'd somehow trick me into sucking his dick and liking it.

Attached: [Pn8] Kaijudo_ Rise of the Duel Masters S01E25 The Rising, Pt. 1 [iTns-DL] [1080p] [AAC] [AC3] [CC] (1920x1080, 1.3M)

>Tfw fell for Rumors that Shobu was going to join the main cast
feels bad man

Attached: Tri-horn_Shepherd_artwork.jpg (502x449, 59K)

Max smug.

Attached: Choten and Rapids Lurker, Wwhhshrll.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

>Ends in a really open way that pretty much begs for another season
You know, I think I said that before in one of those threads, but I'll say it again.
I'm genuinely convinced that the crew only got told about the cancellation halfway through making the final episode. It changes pace so suddenly and out of nowhere, I get whiplash.

So the finale is a two-parter, right?
For the entire first episode, and the first half of the second episode we're still clearly building up to something. We're still establishing new lore, Megaria and Jaha are dropping hints at having history together. Nigel and Tiera fall into the laylines and get transported far away, we don't know where. The choten manages to escape with MC's father.
Then out of fucking nowhere UH OH, MAGICAL HEALING WAVE, EVERYTHING IS FIXED, JAHA IS YOUNG AGAIN FOR SOME REASON, MC'S DAD IS BACK TO NORMAL , THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER BYE.

I couldn't find any confirmation of it anywhere, but just based on the odd tonal shift, deus-ex-machina plot resolution, and multiple unfinished side-plots, I really believe that the writers thought they are getting renewed until the very last day of production, and then had to scramble come up with a makeshift finale after hours.

Attached: [Pn8] Kaijudo_ Rise of the Duel Masters S01E26 The Rising, Pt. 2 [iTns-DL] [1080p] [AAC] [AC3] [CC] (1920x1080, 950K)

Which is an adaptation of magic the gathering.

I really liked the monsters designs.
Shame they fucked up the relaunch of the cardgame by sucking the Water Civ's dick.
should've just adapted the cards Japan got after the series ended over here.

Also, fuck this show for making me wanna look up subs of the Anime seasons not released here in the states only to find out that they have no subs

Attached: Serenade,_Holy_Sage_Dragon_Elemental_artwork.jpg (736x1000, 230K)

>Which is an adaptation of magic the gathering.
-technically- it's a separate franchise.
Similar, but separate

Attached: Ninja Pumpkin.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

nadia best girl

Attached: Nadia.jpg (640x905, 76K)

>duel masters is my favorite card game out of yugioh and magic
>they brought it back
>oh wait your old cards aren't compatible with the new series

FUCK THIS SHOW

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1527038214471.png (1070x601, 520K)

Nobody played the new card game anyway

I disagree.

Attached: Alakshmi phone.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

M O M
J E A N S

Attached: [Pn8] Kaijudo_ Clash of the Duel Masters S02E19 Dueling Partners [iTns-DL] [1080p] [AAC] [AC3] [CC] (1920x1080, 1.91M)

and tons of people played the old one

you know its a good card game when a bunch of people of different groups played this shit

Attached: 1515965829135.jpg (250x225, 8K)

>why are bullies in cartoons always fat ugly kids with freckles
because, despite what liberals want you to believe, beauty does indeed equal goodness
that's why all liberals are ugly as shit

always thought the implication was that Allison's mother was the shapeshifting monster queen from the darkness civilization

learn moonrunes and play the jap version.

otherwise hope that WotC someday decides to try a DTCG approach for Duel Masters so you can play it on your computer

Alakshmi's a shit.

Attached: Tiera.png (328x343, 159K)

>The choten pulling that cliche "Even when I lose I win" bullshit

I hate that you can’t have clever and smart villains in animation now because of meaningless buzzwords like this.

honestly it's really hard to pull that off well.
Choten does it better than the light from YJ at least

I always assumed that it was just Megaria bullshitting her to manipulate her, since that's what she's all about

Trips of truth.
Just because something """"is a trope"""" doesn't mean it's bad, despite what cinema sins would like you to think.
If a character can believably pull off a cliche - and the choten absolutely can - then there is nothing wrong with including it.

I really love Choten's patience with Alakshmi over the course of season 1.
The guy's a good boss

This was my favorite show on the Hub. Finally a cartoon tied to a card game that didn’t have the kids actually play the cards. Great art direction, fun characters, and it wasn’t afraid to deal with touchy subjects.

With the way it and the toy was promoted, it was obvious this wasn’t going to last long. We’re lucky we got 52 episodes of this show at all.

Don’t forget he calls Rai a mutt throughout the rest of the series.

Megaria had to be lying. Rai is the chosen one because he was a human born in the Kaiju realm. What does that make Allie if she’s a interdimensionally-mixed kid, with a Creature mom?

>Finally a cartoon tied to a card game that didn’t have the kids actually play the cards
ironically, it was the show's demise

>tfw the Choten is finally tired of your failures and forces you to shovel shit in the creature pens.

Attached: Alakshmi covered in shit.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

The cards never show up which is a very fucking subtle way of selling them when you think about it.

Tumblr is a dead website.

Is that why you're ugly as fuck and GFless?

Attached: 1550446454978.jpg (640x480, 40K)

I wonder what do the japanese fans of the card game think of this show? If they even know it exists

Attached: 1501888302518.png (244x357, 139K)

The issue is that, while Yea Forums thinks it likes 2000s style anime-esque action shows, it really just hates the calarts look. Nobody here actually like cartoons

Tatsurion was so popular over there he got canonized into the original TCG which is still running there

Man, being a showrunner for a show meant to push a toy must suck. You could be crafting a great engaging story with fun characters, and even does well ratings wise, but If the toyline flops, it’s straight up cancelled. A wasted effort.

it's a damn shame

But ow did they know about him on the first place?

I guess from online stuff?

Attached: 1358459655590.gif (250x251, 999K)

Attached: na Alakshmi revenge.webm (1280x720, 1.89M)

huh! what did i miss?

it was a hub show.
so all of it

Makes it funier when you compare to Magic The Gathering.

What a shame.

Attached: Sasha paradox.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

Hey, it’s about the journey.

why does she kill iggy pop?

A bottomless desire for revenge.

Attached: Alakshmi fire.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

Why are 2d guys with long hair always peak smug?

Because you have to be super confident to have long hair as a guy

Ray should've just let her kill him

Ray probably should have done a lot of things.

Attached: na Ray summons.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

I kinda wish they'd used more lore from the OG TCG.
Also, the lack of Human-type monsters was lame

Attached: image.jpg (1029x1440, 232K)

This show is literal trash and you all need to get a life. How bout you use a real social media like myspace. Screw you all

He guys, I'm and incel and I hate attractive people. Comment if you too are an incel and hate attractive people!!!!!!!

Attached: incel.+BlackOps2Cel.png (634x844, 425K)

Rai promised her that he would take him down, but he got away again. She’s probably is mad about that, but aside from saving the city, we never see her again, so we don’t know what she does after that.
Despite being clear that this was the series finale, they did leave a few things unresolved in the chance it got an additional season, like any good show would.

Rai was the most pointless character

>they did leave a few things unresolved in the chance it got an additional season, like any good show would.

Yeah. It's annoying, but I prefer it when shows leave some lingering threads to solve if they ever get renewed than just solving everything and then scrambling to find a new plot, like Korra.

>a kaijudo thread that I didn't start

Attached: 1537366835832.gif (400x224, 3.82M)

I wish we'd gotten to see more hybrid creatures

Attached: image.png (444x614, 378K)

If you hate attractive people then why don't you fuck an ugly chick?

Don't worry you can make the next one.

Attached: Creature Monarchs02.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

What are you even trying to convey here?

Who else had a Duel Masters deck as a kid?

Duel Masters had a reboot?....Can't believe I'm just now hearing about this

I still have mine. Lost all my holographic cards though
>Kept all my rares in a book to keep them flat and crisp
>Mom threw out the book

I ran a mixed Dark/Fire deck.
Lost the cards sadly

It was on the Hub which was an obscure channel at the time and they really shat the bed with the Merch and relaunch of the Cardgame

is this what Yea Forums is now?
Why can't our spam bots be less retarded

The show was as obscure as it gets.
But I do find it strange it never caught on on Yea Forums, considering the sheer amount of prime waifu material it packed

Attached: alakshmi (resized).png (1369x2105, 3.76M)

It looks interesting. Never heard about it until today, so I'll definitely check it out.

Attached: 1520119329774.png (405x288, 47K)

Take this torrent
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ff779a06ecf4c6273642a8cd5de9982b1d2bcdeb&dn=Kaijudo%20Rise%26Clash%20of%20the%20Duel%20Masters%20(Complete%20Series%2c%201080p)
I should really make that thread on /t/

do, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who ever seeds this.

Shout out to best bitch.

Attached: 3.png (1059x596, 414K)

Turns out /t/ has a cartoon thread
And it's alright.

I really liked how the kids weren't taking any shit from them from the get go.

Eh, I'd give her a 7/10

This show was so full of shipping and lewd bait.

Remember that episode where Ray worked as a pool boy for the two spoiled rich bitches from his school?

Attached: [Pn8] Kaijudo_ Clash of the Duel Masters S02E10 Extracurricular Activities [iTns-DL] [1080p] [AAC] [ (1920x1080, 1.46M)

I refer you to

Remember when the girls got vored?

Attached: VORED.jpg (1280x2160, 741K)

I honestly put off this show for the longest time until my friend forced me to sit down and watch it. We marathoned it and i gotta say its really well done and a lot of dark undertones and not so dark undertones since literally in the first episode they called out racism and subtle abuse. It's really a show that doesnt pull punches when discussing this type of stuff. and each episode gets better and better

They may look like spam bots, but they are actually real life eunuchs coordinating spam from a discord somewhere.

Sasha and Gabe were my favorite couple

Attached: GABED.png (813x898, 359K)

My deck was pretty mixed, I might have it in storage somewhere.

>all those McDonalds expansion packs

Honestly same, my other favorite couple was Allie and Ray even if it wasnt a cannon couple due to cancellation

>Allie and Ray
Not after Alakshmi pops his cherry

Attached: na Alakshmi kiss.webm (1280x720, 728K)

For a brief moment I thought she was going for the lips.

Didn't someone commission a nsfw comic based on that?

Yes

There isn’t enough nsfw art desu

Now this isn’t the best show in the world. It had some problems BUT this show definitely needs more love

was it ever posted?

It’s on rule 34 I think

imgur.com/a/iwYAGcp

you do not understand who fucking excited i am to see a thread about kaijudo thread. I had tried making a few threads last year but no one really talked. There was literally only one successful kaijudo thread and it wasn't even mine. Thanks for this thread, user

i...i played the game with my friends in middle school all the time for this version

Ray never listens

for moral and personal reasons, i'm not getting this thread die just yet

Should I rewatch this

Attached: 1524724890545.jpg (359x315, 18K)

Alison's reaction is hilarious

Yes. Rewatch it lmao

Huh should one of us host a biweekly Kaijudo Marathon? Like after watching all of season 1 and season 2 we can do a mystery science theater showing of it lmao

oh my god yes