Will it be the biggest film to date?

Will it be the biggest film to date?

Attached: THANOS.jpg (1280x720, 779K)

I get the feeling it will be more like Kill Bill VOL 2 and be more character driven than action driven, and I can see people being disappointed in that.

Yeah, the ticket sales broke all the records, IW was at 4th place whereas Endgame reached 1st and beat Star Wars in just 6 hours. It's said to have an opening weekend of 900m which is more than films like venom made in their entire run. I don't know if It'll beat Avatar but if a film does, it'll be this, though no one even talks about Avatar and remembers the characters names so it'll be the "bigger" film regardless

All depends on CHINA. And from the looks of things, China loves special effect shows which probably means they'll be disappointed somewhat.

Memes-aside, why do China seem to get behind shlocky CGI fests like Bayformers in such great numbers?

They like fun movies.

China hasn't had foreign films enter their country until the late 90's, so their tastes in movies are kind of in an infancy. To give you an idea, Star Wars doesn't work for them because they never grew attached to the original films, one of the reasons is cause they think the effects are terrible.
But another thing is that China has a lot of unhappy people that they probably want these grand fantasy films to escape their repetitive and mundane lives. They want to dream of bigger things which is what their government doesn't want them to do.

They're called bugmen for a reason

Watching vehicles careen madly and destroy public property and take lives is very relatable to their everyday life experiences.

Attached: Leguizamo Clown.jpg (400x300, 48K)

That would be the case if people weren't invested on these guys.The trailers broke records too and it was just them sobbing and shit.
Impossible,things were very different back then. Maybe Titanic.

>They want to dream of bigger things which is what their government doesn't want them to do.
You know nothing of China. All their leadership DOES is extoll them to regain their proper place as the super-advanced Master Race that will control all weath and technology.

Is that why Xi Jingping is notoriously paranoid about Christianity

I think it will bring a close to the Superhero movie fad.

Not even close mouseshill

Attached: D3d4WaiW4AUOVW4.jpg (718x1068, 119K)

I hope so, but then the next fad will come along which is likely to be sure. Can you imagine 10+ years of romance films or war movies?

All depends on Detective Pikachu

That's even worse.

It might hit Titanic numbers. But I don't see it closing the gap between that and Avatar.

I still don't understand how Avatar is so high.

Everyone was sold on the effects. The plot was literally just pochahontas in space.

I don't have to since it won't be Yea Forums related.

Attached: real nice.jpg (280x255, 46K)

The biggest superhero film at least.

If it doesn't clear $2 billion they fucked up. How mental is that?

There is no way it will live up to expectations.

Infinity War did shockingly

Haven't we said this about almost every MCU movie?

I never expected Endgame to end with the heroes having a fistfight with Thanos. It might end up being one of the least actiony MCU films.

Attached: 1280-avengersendgame-thanosscarecrow-1544199624614_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

They dont' like them. They're just as aware as you or I how shitty and hollow the films are. They go for the spectacle (just as you and I do). China just has a shitton more people, so even a minor interest in something will explode the box office.

Isn't one of China's highest grossing movies some mermaid thing with no big spectacle scenes?

I mean a lot if them HAVEN'T but I think this will.

I agree it'll be hard to top Infinity War, being as good as it is.

I’m thinking they will do a guardians 1 where the whole team works together to wield the infinity stones against thanos.

Only because they havent already made a secret wars film