Untitled

youtube.com/watch?v=_8I9bQm6E28&t=33s
Ok, I just saw this and I want your honest opinion Yea Forums.
Would you be willing to read a comic and/or cartoon about Africa made by Africans? If so what would you like them to be about out? Slice of Life, Action, Mystery, etc.

I don't mean African-American or African-[insert western country here]. There's honestly so many of them at this point that I could point out a lot of African American characters, cartoons and comics (As a kid I remembered liking some of them).

Attached: _105123776_p06xmn36.png (1024x576, 752K)

Sure i would,if it's good and it's not about muh white debils
I would love to read something about their mythology,maybe some action and mystery.

African mythology is really weird, which is a good thing! Specifically, local South African myths always appeal to me.
I like this story about a cryptid called a Grootslang, I've seen some designs online and it's pretty interesting.

Attached: thomas-williams-elephantsnake-copy.jpg (1920x1495, 855K)

As long as it's in English or without dialogue, sure.

Yeah sure why not, if it's interesting there's no reason not to.

Yes.

Attached: juni-ba-ka-issue-2.jpg (1241x1754, 647K)

I am gonna third this. I feel like African mythos could be used for some real spooky shit.

This reminds me of a project called Yohance. I love the Afro-Futurism aesthetic, and I want to see more of it.

Attached: 10ba2f508d5092d528093650c1334700_original.png (680x275, 297K)

Attached: 0ef71acf51c3173b3751beb272acc5b3._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1968, 232K)

Attached: Yohance-Headgear.jpg (630x302, 50K)

Looks very Mignola-ish.
Can you storytime this?

Looks really cool. Afro-Futurism is pretty aesthetically pleasing.
I also remember this one book I heard while researching /int/ernational comics.
Its called Kwezi but I haven't read it yet.
I often asked my self why aren't African comics more popular though? It's a huuuge continent. Then I realized, who even talks about Africa?

Attached: kwezi-comic.jpg (500x255, 16K)

I would, but the websites I go to don't seem to have it.

I'd like to read an issue before buying a digital copy.

Went to fireden and apparently, a Senegalese-French user posted a few pics, Idk if he ever story timed it though.

Mostly because there isn't really a comics industry in Africa, so most African comics are by either African-descended or recent immigrants and tend to be more I'M AN AFRICAN MAKING A COMIC rather than, Here's a comic, oh yeah, I'm also from a country in Africa.

We also see here something I did accidentally and which is done a lot by people as to push it all into just 'Africa' which is something we really shouldn't do.

As long as it's good.
I don't give a shit about background or subject matter. If it's entertaining, I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, I agree.
African comics don't really have an audience and labelling all of them as just "African" isn't really a good thing.
I just want there to really be a comic about Africa made by Africans because every comic (When it comes to black guys) has always been about African-Americans, they always seem to dominate "Black culture".
Not saying that it's a bad thing or that there aren't any other African-centric media out there (Especially in France) but I just want to see something new because I am genuinely interested in them.
I also read pic related and it comes off as... really weird, idk how to feel about it but it's very heavily African (American).

>Forgot to post image

Attached: 407669._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x554, 58K)

Honestly Africa has a lot of industry that in this Century and especially going forward a lot of people could stand to make a lot of money marketing to them when parts of it become more developed

I would, if not for the fact that most publishers would demand rewrites until it is about muh white debils.

>I just want there to really be a comic about Africa made by Africans because every comic (When it comes to black guys) has always been about African-Americans, they always seem to dominate "Black culture".

Well, they are AMERICANS, so of course they want to turn everything into a culture-less gruel.

Which is a shame, since there's a lot of African-American folklore that's in dire need of exploring.

Attached: boo hag.jpg (500x642, 58K)

Nice

Attached: Grootslang.jpg (2333x1711, 763K)

>Made by african
I am not rascist and dont care if he is african. If its a good story or a good writer/artist i dont care if he is from this country.
I like to read about other ethnic or cultural and i would read an african comic.

Attached: image.jpg (800x1159, 337K)