What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Attached: Dumbo_Tim_Burton_Poster.jpg (810x1200, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rrwHLvOLUXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was as good as any CGI/live action Dumbo remake could conceivably have been, the real problem begins with the fact that it exists

The film was made to keep the rights of Dumbo out of the Public Domain.

No Casey Junior

This, pretty much. The film is wholly unnecessary.

The original "Dumbo" will fall into the public domain regardless in 2035, when works from 1939 will lapse into the public domain should the current laws not be amended to extend copyright protection.

Absolutely no one asked for Dumbo

I'm so dissapointed in Burton. I know that he's way past his prime but you'd think a film exploring the wild world of the circus would be right up his alley, Lord was I wrong.

I felt offended on what they did to Pink Elephants

It was a textbook example of an uninspired cash grab, and everyone could discern it from a mile away.

Tim Burton.

What the fuck has happened to Tim Burton? Everything he's done since Corpse Bride has been terrible.

Sweeney Todd was great

Fixing what ain't broken

Miss Peregrine’s was ok

What's wrong with Frankenweenie?

Attached: p9125996_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 220K)

Nobody gives a fuck about Dumbo

Is Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter in this movie? There's your answer. Remember, never replace your muse

I liked it

What'd they end up doing with the crows in this movie?

I think the movie is not terrible, but it is not great either.

I consider the way they referenced and adapted some of the most significant scenes from the original pretty clever (Say: the Stork, the "Baby Mine" scene and the Clown's Fire Act, which I must say was the scene that touched me the most, as Dumbo + the sad clown make-up hits me sooo hard and I don't really understand why, but just look at that face in the image!).

That being said, Pink Elephants is inexcusable, the biggest let down and insult to the original. I mean, it could have easily became the most significant scene in this version and they wasted it bad.

The entire new act is not a bad on paper, but the ending result is... meh? I did enjoy Michael Keaton's character, even if said character was a complete moron by burning his own park just to stop an Elephant from leaving, which he could have easily acomplished by letting him reunite with his mother.

In general, I enjoyed it, but could have been a lot, lot better.

Attached: Dumbo-2019.jpg (1200x675, 84K)

The dog should have died.

photorealism sucks and is one of the fucking diseases in the modern geek industry. people dont always need/want "realism". that pokemon movie is dong a somewhat good job to be cartoony and fun. this shit movie couldnt do like that.

Big Eyes was kino

Yep. That's my answer to this film two.
Its like making a Citizen Kane remake out of the blue, then get befundled when no one shows up. Marketing sucks, no one asked for it, and the target demographic are all dead from old age.
There is some demand for Treasure Planet remake/sequel/whatever, but not something like Dumbo.

Dumbo is supposed to be cute, what the fuck is this abomination

No it wasn't. The lack of pink eleohants warrants an immediate 1/10.

There was not a SINGLE reason not to remake the scene:
1. The original sequence was a masterful work of art that took a lot of effort from a lot of people to make, utilizing animation capabilities of their era to the max. Nowadays, technology has progressed greatly and it would make sense to actually try and see what it's fully capable of when compared to the animation of old.
2. It would also make sense because Hollywood treats blockbuster movies as CGI attractions, as it's their only objective advantage over TV and Netflix. So why the fuck not give us an actual CGI attraction?
3. It would also make sense because it's directed by fucking Tim Burton, who, before this movie, still had a shred of reputation of a great visioner left.

Even if they just redid the original scene in CGI, that would still be something. That would at least show that they tried, it would at least do the job of cementing the technical capabilities of the era.

But no, instead we just get a blander, more boring-looking retelling of the basic beats of the original story focusing on humans.

This is kind of insulting.

Why is Dumbo turning into the Joker?

It's his working face

Attached: dumbo-clown.jpg (960x721, 57K)

I've never seen Dumbo, why did they even name him that
>Aw, that's a cute baby you have mama elephant, what's his name
>"Retardy"

It was literally a different time

Well frankly its fucking lol that Americans can't make 2D blockbuster movies anymore.

His mother named him Jumbo Jr. The other elephants discovered his oversized ears and pretty much called him “Retardy,” like you said.

What’s really wrong with this movie is that YOU WATCHED IT. Yes, you. One glance at the ads tells you it’s shit. If you saw the original, just hearing the concept tells you it’s shit. If you didn’t, we had a billion threads complaining about the omission of Timothy and the crows and Pink Elephants to clue you in. You went to an obviously bad movie and had the gall to be surprised it was bad.

This isn’t just nu-Dumbo griping, I’ve seen reviews of crappy movies, here and in the press, complaining some remake or some capeshit got something wrong in a bad movie and then hoping they fix it in the sequel. Quit watching obviously bad movies, dammit.

>the omission of Timothy
wait WHAT

It's a hot mess user.

At least he's not throwing the original under the bus like the Alita fags are currently doing.

Yeah, the screenshot doesn't exactly do Dumbo any justice... but as user said the scene is actually very good, one of the very few

Yeah, the screenshot doesn't exactly do Dumbo any justice... but as user said the scene is actually very good, one of the very few

>when works from 1939 will lapse into the public domain should the current laws not be amended to extend copyright protection

Disney's lawyers have successfully gotten copyright extensions before. There's no reason to think that they won't try again. Mickey Mouse should have entered public domain twice already, but they keep getting extensions.

Maybe he agreed to do this movie so they'd agree to fund something else he wants to work on.

He was thrown in a society

>lack of pink eleohants
Were you asleep during the scene with the bubbles, or did you just regurgitate your opinion from a youtuber?

Friendly reminder original Dumbo was made to stop people making fun of folks with big ears.
Afterwards people with big ears were nicknamed Dumbos.

Children in 2019 don't fucking care about a talking elephant.

user, you're fully aware of what I'm talking about. The bubbles are a cop-out at best.

What happened?

nobody asked for it.
is a radnom movie not even well remenbered that for some reason dumb executives decided to take as the next big reboot.

Stuff's already starting to enter the public domain again, they're cutting it very close.

He is a gamer

How did the movie handle the Pink Elephants?

Dumbo is a ver dark story
It deals with rejection, humiliation, abuse, the pain of being separated from your mother and the horrors of the first time you are intoxicated
Its really fucking weird for Burtons version to be cleaner and more sanitized than the original

Burton's work hasn't been impressive in nearly 15 years, and he's never once advanced or reinvented himself as an artist in his entire career. It's the same aesthetic beats and narrative themes repeated ad nauseam.

The extension fight should have happened within the last year or two. January was the first year in many that works began falling into the public domain again.

I think things might start going in the opposite direction for them if their lobbying power gets nerfed

>What’s really wrong with this movie is that YOU WATCHED IT.
I've literally never seen any version of Dumbo in my life

Attached: For_b9396c_5298796~2.png (188x215, 32K)

No elephant tits or trunk jobs

Did they at least have the Casey Jnr.?

Review tidbits I read said they cut out a ton of stuff then just filled the space with an "All circuses are evil ractist animal torturers" message

I mean they aint wrong

No one actually wanted it. No one likes circus anymore.

>The original Dumbo was a good movie, but I can't help but feel it would be better without the childish talking animals and focused more on humans and their real-world struggles.

So will this Hellboy or Dark Phoenix be the biggest flop of the year?

>What went so wrong?
No racist crows. They would have made the movie and should have been voiced by Keye amd Peele.

Attached: 980x.gif (500x337, 617K)

The crows didn't feel racist at all.
The real racism was the faceless black workers who built the tents up during the song.

Danny Devito didn't voice the Elephant.

I'd like to know also

youtu.be/rrwHLvOLUXA

It's just bubbles. That's it.

He was never good, just a one trick pony who exhausted even his owns style early on.

3d shit is so fucking boring and artificial

So Dumbo doesn't get drunk?

Eva Green, ex whore/now circus acrobat who flies with dumbo sometimes uses black feathers on her dress

That's it

How long until we get a Nightmare Before Christmas sequel/remake? We all know it's only a matter of time.

Attached: 81213613513636`.png (286x366, 130K)

All of the animal fable characters are replaced by boring human because lol realims, even dumbo becomes seons fiddle and the movie is named after him... there is a mouse dressed as Tim but tou only see him for 10 seconds or so

Nope, also it lasts for 20 seconds and the song has no lyrics,

>cut to bubbles
>cut to Dumbo
>cut to bubbles
>cut to Dumbo
>cut to dubbles
>cut to Bumbo

all money on shilling Captain Marvel only

A CHILD? GETTING DRUNK!?
Next you'll be asking for racism, you degenerate

Attached: tenor (8).gif (244x244, 1.64M)

Then clearly you didn't see the movie. He did die.