Reliving Friday Nights

Has anyone tried to recreate a classic Friday night block?
Like finding the old bumpers and the accompanying shows, and maybe a few ads of the time?

Attached: CCF_8798.png (350x261, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sitcomsonline.com/boards/index.php
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uq4C8pbzrs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Living in the past isn't healthy, OP.

Still, I like to reminisce once in awhile. Is it that bad?

It won't get that bad until you start living in the past like the people on this forum.
sitcomsonline.com/boards/index.php

Binging the ads and bumpers on youtube is a better friday night than sex with a tumblr slampiggy feminist.

Attached: 1537136747617.gif (512x288, 3.05M)

I think CN could have easily revived it with purpose several times by now.
If they'd ever stop snorting cocaine off the back of a call girl and have a consistent schedule.

Ideally there'd be a new episode of a different show four days of the week and then on Friday re-run all the new episodes that aired during the week in one block.

>doing that instead of watching joe bob briggs
Sad!

>Ideally there'd be a new episode of a different show four days of the week and then on Friday re-run all the new episodes that aired during the week in one block.
Didn't they used to have a block like that back in 2012-14 then randomly drop it for some reason?

I've always wanted to do something like that. Recreating the exact shows and episodes would be easy, but you'd obviously have to approximate the ads. Unless you've got an old vhs somewhere, but then you could just watch that

I don't remember. You might be thinking of Cartoon Planet where they brought back Brak and Zorak to host it.
They just aired shows that CN didn't bother re-running anymore.

I used to set up something like that for my younger siblings on the weekends.

Attached: ezgif-5-6afc5bd7df1b (1).webm (640x360, 2.8M)

Huh.
I have a thought from time to time about doing the same thing if I ever have kids.

ITT: A bunch of virgins wanting to waste their Friday nights by watching cartoons instead of watching based Joe Bob Briggs on Shudder.

Why do I even bother with Yea Forums?

Attached: CTYP+ALIST+Joe+Bob+Briggs+2018.jpg (800x419, 62K)

I refuse to pay for a monthly subscription just to watch spooky Norm Macdonald

Just go on Brettygood. Someone streams Joe Bob every Friday night.

Also, ignore BigMeme4U

Do TV blocks even exist anymore outside of [as] stuff? Animation Domination doesn't count since that's just where Fox dumps all their animated premieres.

on topic, Fridays was pretty alright, though I don't think it ever achieved the manic energy Nick's counterpart had.

> Now back to Billy and Mandy on their Grim Adventures!

Your thinking of this maybe

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uq4C8pbzrs

It would be cool if CN brings back the shared city but its a shame that they only have shit shows? there would be no interesting and funny croosovers.

Is Toonami Afternath still around?
This was exactly what they did.

I managed to recreate something of the sort once, with VHS quality rips on the Powerpuff Girls and spice. Spice is synthetic cannabis, that really evil shit you may have heard about that was legal for a while. It is the most powerful drug I've ever experienced, nothing came close to its visceral beauty. LSD, shrooms, coke, it was all shit compared to that atom bomb. I am both happy and sad that it can no longer be acquired. It is unironically a potential killer, and people have died smoking it.

But yes, it can be done. It was beautiful. The basic gist here is that you can recreate it all and briefly go back to your childhood with the usage of powerful drugs. People smoke weed because it makes you see the world as you saw it as a child for instance, but gradually this fades away into a different experience altogether as you age due to changing body chemistry and brain structure/efficiency of neural pathways. In the end weed itself becomes meaningless, just like life. You can then make peace with the fact you have about 40 or 50 years of pure boredom and mediocrity, followed by a painful and prolonged death ahead of you or go full hedonist and destroy yourself quickly with drugs, sex and so on. Most likely you will already be too boring and jaded to even entertain that possibility. Thus you just exist in a limbo, waiting for death and going through the motions of life.

This is what adulthood is like. It doesn't even hurt. It just is. You'll get used to it.

Attached: 1550171979502.png (470x799, 193K)

Bro look into Toonami Aftermath. It's literally top of the tier cartoon network shows with old school ads and bumps too. It's amazing. They also play rifftrack movies too late at night.

somehow i've never heard of this

My friend kept trying to hold his baby on spice and I tried to stop him. Then he started swinging at me through the whole house and fell in the bathtub. Had to restrain him until he came to.