So, what's the verdict Yea Forums? I thought it was fun

So, what's the verdict Yea Forums? I thought it was fun

Attached: 4234234.jpg (2764x1382, 561K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2019/04/shazam-opening-weekend-box-office-the-joker-pet-sematary-1202589627/
shazamaholic.blogspot.com/2019/04/movie-review-shazam.html
youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc
youtube.com/watch?v=9f5cyiTH3KI
youtube.com/watch?v=UFJlbOoPqiw
youtube.com/watch?v=PNyBWgOg7D0
sen1227.tumblr.com/post/73036041490/i-made-this-young-justice-doujinshi-for-comiket
youtube.com/watch?v=73NdmMYZsnM
aftercredits.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Easily the best DCEU movie, and the best DC movie since TDK

I liked it, was fun. I don't normally watch DC movies in theatres but this one was cool, best dceu movie. A lot of the constant superman and batman references were starting to feel like homecoming with all its avengers references but it's not a bad thing

It's a wholesome mid-budget movie. If it and Joker makes bank I actually see WB using this model more. You don't need 100+ millions for a street level hero like Green Arrow or Nightwing.

Kinda wish the budget was bigger, the action is keeping this from rewatchability.

I enjoyed it. Levi was great.

Apologize right fucking now to Geoff Johns

SOUL

That was pretty much my only real complaint too. I felt like they could have done a bit more with it but on the other hand it kinda forces them to save some stuff for the sequels.

Only when he retcon Heroes in Crisis.

For what? Because someone adapted one of his good works before he went to shit?

Yeah the action wasn't all that, the first half of the film was way better too

Mark Strong was perfect as Sivana and the scenes with his Daddeus are kino.

very 90s home video

>post-credits scene showed Mr. Mind
>not a single other person in the theater recognized him

Attached: EE6022CE-EAFB-418C-80B8-4849E7BE7AE3.jpg (366x411, 27K)

Same. These really obnoxious sounding neckbeard was telling his friend it was Starro.

I had no idea who it was, but I couldn’t help but like it. Really comic book feeling villain right there.

>Mr. Mind
he's not Samuel L Goddamn Jackson.

Attached: 1550970146458.png (1280x720, 1.14M)

I'm still hoping Dr Manhatan can fix it lol

Coming from a guy who only has familiarity with comics through the animated series, I had no idea who that was until I looked him up after the movie. But I love that, it opens up all new avenues and I'm sure there will be plenty of people doing the same.
Reminds me of the Thanos reveal at the end of the original Avengers. Lot of people had no idea who this dude was, but it got their attention.

He's so cute in his tiny glasses

First post best post, I really loved how fucking hellish and scary the Sins looked, and Thad tossing his broth out of the widow and killing a whole room full of suits was great. The little quip he made right after the first one got me to laugh pretty good.

I liked it. Not a big fan of his siblings becoming supers though. I mean it worked on this film because it felt like campy kids film, but it kinda fucks future dcfu films. Can't wait to see future team up movie where they waste first 10 min by showing billy's siblings losing their powers.

I knew it was mr.mind from moment they showed him caged in Dr.Sivana's past

literally what should be the reaction? it's a talking worm being obfuscating about gods and realms or whatever.

at least mary was hot at least her base form, her transformed was aight

I'm wondering what they're going to do about his name though, theirs an obvious reason he can't be named shazam but I wonder if they'll bite the bullet and actually name him captain marvel nothing else really fits. I didn't see the carol film though where does she get the name from?

>tossing his broth out of the widow and killing a whole room full of suits

I was staring at this for a while until I realized you were saying broth as in Brother and not as in soup broth.

Captain Thunder was the first name Captain Marvel had so they might as well shift it to that

Just saw it and I think fun is a good word for it. It had some slow moments, but some really funny ones also.

I want to be in the middle of a sandwich between adult Mary and adult Darla.

Yeah, the joys of phone posting and auto correct. Still, that scene got so fucking dark so quickly, I loved Thad as a villain, just stole ever scene he was in, I can’t wait for him to come back for future films. Also the voice of Mr Mind was sooo awesome.

Mark Strong is great as anything, glad he's finally got a winner though. WB let him down with GL despite him being the perfect Sinestro.

>lionel luthor fathers another bald evil guy

kek

I honestly thought it was boring. Billy was an asshole till the last 10 minutes and I don't know how he got picked compared to anyone else.
That and all he did was try and run away from everything until the end.

Though it was funny for most of the movie, I will give it that.

I still don't understand, you aged up Mary to stop it from being creepy,then give us Darla who is gorgeous.

it was the wizards last chance, he picked billy because he had to pick someone because it was finally to late. Though what was he doing not erasing peoples memories after the trial?

Chink hate it because low amount of cgi

To be fair, the fuck are they gonna Do? Though he underestimated Sivana's autism

>Green Arrow movie based on the Mike Grell run with a qt asian waifu as Shado

Meagan good

Attached: meagangood-naacpimageawards-1.jpg (637x1024, 94K)

Kinda wished the Black Adam/The Rock was in it and not Sivana tho
Kinda wanted the OG Scorpion King to slap his face in

She looks so damn good, it's amazing

Bald sons are a disgrace to Lionel

>Coming from a guy who only has familiarity with comics through the animated series
Same here yet i was able to know who was him thanks to Justice League Action

>what should be the reaction?
Sheer horror at the most nefarious villain cinema has ever seen.

Attached: Innocent little worm.jpg (584x403, 73K)

>kid bashing his Batman and Superman toys together as Billy and Sivana clash outside his window

Was that a meta reference to Snyder?

And the film very surpassed my expectations. Can't wait to see what they do with the next one.

Yeah it's a pretty clear jab/reference to BvS. That scene got a chuckle out of me. I liked how the kid immediately dropped his toys to watch the Shazam vs Sivana fight.

Some shitty dialogue and it dragged a bit but overall a fun time.

The problem was kid Billy had a shit actor and it felt like a totally seperate, shit character.

Checked em
Is it just me, or did he remind you of Toby Peter Parker?

Not at all

At least the DCEU references were mostly contained just to Freddy, who was a superhero fanboy. Homecoming had this Pokémon syndrome, where everyone just couldn't shut up about the Avengers. What was the point of the principal being a descendant of a Howling Commandos member? Why do the bank robbers have to wear Avengers masks? What's the purpose of a random recording of Peter playacting as Thor? Here, they actually managed to make the references matter to the film's own story too, it wasn't just hollow fanservice. The Batarang is used to reveal the villain's weakness, the Superman cameo serves Billy's character act.

There was something in his facial expressions that made me think of Toby’s take on Peter.

>I didn't see the carol film though where does she get the name from?
They never, not even once, refer to her as Captain Marvel in the film. Maybe Captain Danvers but not Captain Marvel.

I loved how the movie wasn't santizied at all despite being kid-friendly. Adult jokes, graphic violence, scares and tension. It really felt like a movie from another era.

The Captain America cameo was the worst in homecoming. He hated being a performing monkey

I guess I could see that but to me Toby has a better mastery over subtle expressions and could pull off a dopey to serious transition far better. This kid was just one note. At the end he souded like a fucking Halmark movie actor.

The carol film never names her either. Just Fury playing on the Mar Vell name.

>graphic violence
Are you kidding? No there wasn't, this was light as fuck. Which is fine, it worked. It didn't need to be hyper violent or dark.

Yeah there was nothing in the movie I didn't think was unsuitable for kids aged over about 7 or 8. I saw worse at that age in Raiders of the Lost Arc or Fraser's Mummy

>Are you kidding? No there wasn't, this was light as fuck. Which is fine, it worked. It didn't need to be hyper violent or dark.

Not that user but some of the early scenes with the Sins are pretty intense. A guy sitting in front of me with his kid daughter walked out during the boardroom scene in my showing.

Sure, it was nothing heavy, but the lab assistant getting immolated to ashes or the Sins chomping off people's heads, still felt pretty unusual in a genre where, these days, even Venom ran into issues showing that and the Russos have to awkwardly edit in reaction shots to rein in Gamora's brain getting splattered.

I agree that it was surprisingly violent for a movie aimed at younger audiences. It's not something that bothers me personally, but I do kind of hate it when movies think that cutting away from violent acts at the last second and not showing actual blood and gore makes brutal scenes okay. The boardroom scene was just kind of needlessly over the top and didn't really fit the tone of the rest of the movie.

I say this because I thought the film was pretty good even without the more hardcore stuff, and I think it's something that even young children would enjoy.

>what's the verdict
Mediocre, like most capeshit.

>the next one
Are you ready for Black Adam to do nothing wrong?

Attached: Superhero fucking shits.png (1131x1737, 3.86M)

Literally nothing like the boardroom ever happened again. And even then nothing was shown.

Not saying it wasn't an effective scene but people acting like its OMG I CANT BELIEVE THEY MADE SUCH AN EVIL DARK VILLAIN are coming across like they're manchildren. Honestly it reminded me more of Dogma than anything else.

>know about Starro
>but not Mr.Mind
wat

>my dumb ass who knows almost nothing about Shazam thought Dr. Sivana was supposed to be Black Adam
>I kept waiting for him to get his spandex on

I gotta read more.

Attached: v_on_fun.jpg (940x1014, 194K)

Starro was in the Justice League cartoon back in the day.

I think Starro only appeared in STAS and Batman Beyond. So he's still pretty obscure

>only appeared in two popular shows
That's how I learned who Starro was anyway.

Interesting that they didn’t make Sivanna a weak old man for using the sins.

The final dinner scene with the foster mom crying got me good.

Sivanna’s dad is the evil scientist from the ivy freeze Batman movie

Maybe would have preferred Freddy as the protagonist who inherits the powers but whatever.

Freddy is easily the best actor in the film.

The theme of family is very well connected into all the the events in the film.

The movie is great self insert material.

What the fuck was with the lab assistant getting rekt by the magic door?

The wizard had no real presence or insight which seems dumb for someone chosen to be a champion.

Also Young Justice and The Brave And The Bold. Frankly Starro is a league villain but Mr Mind is Shazam exclusive for the most part, it's only natural that Starro is the more well known of the two.

Yeah but they were single episodes and the shows are old now. If you could remember those episodes you would remember Starro is a starfish

True enough.

How do I into Captain Marvel? What do I read?

>The wizard had no real presence or insight which seems dumb for someone chosen to be a champion.
That's the point. The movie is critical of and dismantles the notions of innate worth. Black Adam met the Wizard's criteria and he still fucked everything up. Sivana becomes a villain because he can't live up to his father's expectations. On the contrary, the Vasquez's have no expectations of Billy and are willing to wait for him to find his own way into the family. Billy turns out to be the correct champion, even though he was just a last ditch hail mary shot by the Wizard and the Shazam family saves the day, through Billy just giving up his power to his friends unconditionally and selflessly.

My theater sold over double the amount of tickets for Saturday than Friday. Is that normal?

Cool that makes sense.

Not really. But now it's expected that Shazam will earn on Saturday as much as on Friday with previews. Word of mouth is great, people love Billy.
deadline.com/2019/04/shazam-opening-weekend-box-office-the-joker-pet-sematary-1202589627/

Dwayne Johnson can never do any wrong.

Why are they so cute, Yea Forums?

Attached: tumblr_ppip10uays1r27mrdo1_1280.jpg (1200x1200, 245K)

Attached: D3QqnfQWAAQQlMy.png (1744x1986, 3.39M)

Dude, Starro is way more recognizable than Mr. Mind. He was the first JL villain and he also appeared in that Robot Chicken special
But fuck, how the fuck do you say a centipede is Starro

>mediocre comic made an underwhelming movie
cool

>billyfags hate it
shazamaholic.blogspot.com/2019/04/movie-review-shazam.html

Attached: 1509162809773.png (842x470, 447K)

When mr mind said the 7 realms was he talking about rock of eternity, apokolips, Olympus, forget the other ones

This dude sounds like a massive faggot.

Nah he was talking about this. It's something new Johns is setting up. Mr Mind is from the Monster realm and Tawny is from the wildlands. You actually see that one very briefly in the film. Remember the room with the crocodiles in suits?

Attached: d85b6b0d-shazam-2.jpg (1014x700, 560K)

Attached: tumblr_pot1v0OjYj1wy5do2_1280.jpg (905x1280, 279K)

Oh shit, sounds neat

Attached: tumblr_pot1v0AgLk1wy5do2_1280.jpg (1280x793, 213K)

Attached: 2xt5ws.jpg (500x719, 69K)

Attached: tumblr_po7o12rEf81wy5do2_540.jpg (540x764, 80K)

>DC fans are homophobic
always

Shazam is a disgrace to the superhero movie genre as a whole.
Marvel has worked for so long and so hard so that people would take superheroes seriously, they even made people genuinely think and feel with Infinity War, and now Shazam is undoing all of that with it's vapid storytelling and shallow characters. If I wanted to watch a feelgood kid movie I'd watch Home Alone or some shit.

I expect they'll tease him and Mr Mind will be the big bad. He might make an actual physical appearance this time though

Doesn't really matter what I think, its bombing hard.

Incoming wall

Love it.
I was afraid since I see the first photos but in the end they make it work.
The movie isn't afraid of being weird and have something for every age.
The psychiatrist dying in a explicit way, Chadeus murdering his brother, the legs reveal, the rock looking like in the comics, kids being kids, the training, the men club scenes.

When they reveal the mother being alive I was afraid of what could happen but they don't run away from the fact that our biologic family can be assholes.
The suits look cool despite the first looks where they look like cheap plastic.
Actors actually act, and invalid kid steal the show.
The references are logic, if superheros where real, they would be the theme for everybody, not just kids.
Eight ball was perfect as concept.
People just keep laughing, but the fucking name joke in the end was like I haven't hear anything like it in years, really people laugh so loud and then when the moment pass it was all like, OMG this niggas are for real hahahaha.
The fights are actually cool.

Probably the only things i didn't like where
>>Sins looking generic
>>Nothing like pic related happening
>>No more scenes of Mary fighting

Attached: Tawky_Tawny_Prime_Earth_001.jpg (1988x3056, 1.1M)

The jokes hit spot on for me.

Very generic af tho, getting overburned out on the whole superhero arc

Is it really? :(

Doing a Yakuza movie set in Japan with Green Arrow would be a good idea. Only the Wolverine did that before and bungled the execution so there's room for a more grounded movie on the subject.

nobody gives a shit about it if it's little black girls

Attached: file.png (1040x575, 918K)

I wouldn't mind him just having random names assigned to him and one of them being the 'Big Red Cheese' but I'd settle for Captain Thunder

Billy could just go on a solo mission. They don't have mind links or spider sense so unless they see it on the news or get a call from him they won't know he needs help and make an appearance wherever he is in their powered forms

Was there always this many in the shazam family

So pretty much a loose adaptation of the the New 52 series, with the biggest difference being that it combines Sivana and Black Adam?

Attached: Miracle3.png (200x311, 143K)

9/10 bait

No

eww thought this was going to be the first movie leaving behind the "dark and gritty" aspect of the DCEU but nope.

>2015: "We're not like Marvel. Our superhero movies are serious and focus on serious themes."
>2019: quips and humor at otherwise dramatic moments

We MCU now?

Attached: ac_ben5_comp.jpg (620x393, 105K)

>2019
There's more than one DC movie this year.
youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc

Also you seem to be forgetting that the guys in charge over at DC got fired... twice and soon thrice when Shazam bombs

Attached: 20190406_083242.jpg (2896x2896, 506K)

Away with you, Zack!

Yes that was pretty much it.
I very much enjoyed this movie, not perfect of course but it did it's job well. I thought it was a shame that the Sins didnt look more different from each other, a bit more stylized and less demon like would have been good, even from a merch standpoint its a bit of a lost opportunity.
The whole final fight could have also been dealt a bit better, first off it felt like there was one unnecessary extra step with the flee or fight struggle with Billy, him hiding during the fair just felt like lost time, thankfully not too long. The fight itself was also iffy, mostly trying to spin too many plates at the same time meant that only a couple of the kids actually had good moments during it. Mary just wrestled tentacles around, I think she got to judo throw Lust once, while the latino kid only got to hold the ferris wheel basically.

Other than that it was great a lot of good comedy, had the whole theater laughing plenty of times, most characters where very well portrayed, I felt kid Billy could have been a bit better but at the same time he has it hard since the better scenes are between Shazam and Freddy so it's not surprising his portion feels lacking.

You can have both user you can focus on serious themes and still have your humor. The only moment I recall having a serious moment ending with humor was the meeting scene with the reactions from the secretary guy and even then it didnt ruin the moment at least for me.

>wanting a dark Shazam movie
Snyderfags are insufferable

>I name the gods doctor, not the other way around
yfw

Attached: bugsdaffy reaction.jpg (1440x1080, 694K)

Actually lacks one, Uncle Marvel.

Somebody need to edit that book so it read Mind Kampf.

Attached: mr mind.jpg (1097x1600, 1005K)

It won't bomb, Zach

>won't
We're in the past tense now it HAS flopped

>You can show a man having his head bitten off, but not inside of a strip club.

Attached: addup.png (480x360, 106K)

if there was blood splatter and entrails then I'd agree but it was pretty tame.

The story the movie's based on is kinda shit. It's good in spite of the source material.

Yikes

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-124202_Chrome.jpg (1079x1343, 590K)

My question is that why did they use Williams' theme instead of Zimmer's?

Because everything before Aquaman isn't canon

That bullshit but I believe it.
I like Snyder's Superman films though

I get what it's going for, but I don't think I particularly care for it.

Except both movies acknowledge the previous ones events

I suspect they're going to play it very fast and loose with that canon though, gently retconning or outright ignoring things as need be.

So is the sequel gonna have these 3 villains: Sivana, Mr. Mind, and Black Adam?

Mr.Mind for 2 and Adam for 3

If we're going by John's run then Adam, Mister Mind w/ Sivana is going to be in the next film as they explore the seven realms

>sequel

Attached: 42119895538c8a4053d8689b849950d3.gif (700x373, 3.77M)

I expect Black Adam will have more mentions a glimpse of him in the movie and an appearance in the end credits like Mr Mind. Sivana I feel will be used very sparingly and he'll be weary of being betrayed and so will be looking for opportunities to one up Mind

It's a different earth.

Monster Society of Evil.

I love how Billy is pretty careless in using his powers throughout the movie, yet nobody is bitching about it in autistic way unlike with MoS. Almost like there's a an inherent fanboy bias at work with only one of the characters.

I can't see modern day Black Adam in the Monster Society of Evil. I also think Captain Nazi will never make an appearance even in the comics. Shazam has enough villains to make a lot of movies. There's Mr Atom, Sabac, Blaze, King Kull, the Black Adam Family, the Sivana family and on and on

Attached: MSoE.jpg (1366x768, 238K)

Captain Nazi has been used more outside of Captain Marvel like in Wonder Woman and JSA.

Billy didn't cause more destruction than Godzilla in his fight against Sivana. A bus, a statue and a some window panes is acceptable collateral damage and he actually felt a little bad about the bus

A lot of Billy's villains have been poached because they're just that damn good. Black Adam was essentially a JSA villain for a while and I'm pretty sure Superman stole Satanus for a time

The movie hasn't event technically been out a day and its already made most of its budget back. It will at least get a sequel.

*even

I'm just happy to know a Shazam movie did well. This could be the signal for DC to put more faith in big red and get behind him.

maybe their own cartoon and noot like that short that I can barely remember but something serious like BatB only not cancelled

Attached: og3.jpg (1366x768, 162K)

It was splendid, between this and spiderverse I'm glad Cape films are learning how to be fun again

Billy is a kid, Superman is an adult. There's a difference, sperg.

Attached: IMG_20190406_114121.jpg (4093x2894, 909K)

why do Mary and the big boy look like parents of the kids rather than kids themselves

Neither did Superman, most of the devastation was by the terraforming machine. Yet people still whine that Superman dodged an oil truck and that he didn't always take the fight away from people.

Billy repeatedly ran into crowded places, didn't pay attention to his surroundings, and selfishly just fucked around with his powers and caused dangerous situations and collateral damage by being reckless. Meanwhile Clark used his powers repeatedly to help people but when he uses his powers to wreck a truck outside the bar people were whining he ruined a man's livelihood.

And Billy has Wisdom of Solomon as part of his core powers. Check fucking mate.

well you might be objectively right but the bottom line is the movie was darker than people wanted so people were less forgiving of things. Superman is supposed to be like Shazam but without the fantasy and goofiness or Shazam is Kal-El with those things whichever way you see it

WB could always panic again and fuck up everything
Although by the lack of marketing and merchandise, I think they knew it was going to perform more or less like this

Shazam is the Megas XLR of Superhero movies.

You know it be true.

>2015: DCEU will be better because they will let directors do their thing and the movies will be distinctive
>2019: WAAAAHHHHH I WANT DARK AND GRITTY BACK RELEASE THE SNYDER CUNT

>know about Starro
That's debatable since he thought Mr. Mind was Starro

Have anyone screenshot with Crocodile Men moment? It was really surprising and cool.

Shazam was produced separately by New Line Cinema (instead of DC Entertainment), from the very start it was viewed as a risky movie and that's why it had such a low budget compared to everything else.

They should've released it in March or something. Maybe February?

>Gained his powers through interdimensional travel
>Glowing blue eye
>Sins crawling from his back
>Name starts with an S
Is Dr. Sivana secretly just Sans from Undertale?

Attached: bad time.gif (500x500, 1.56M)

>All these fucking marvelfags shitting the thread up

God could you all just hang yourselves

I'm slowly waiting for Shadman to do his thing.

Superman isn't an assblasted 14 year old edgefag. Bad metric for comparison.

Silvana After Not Surviving

What do you mean "could" they've fired the people in charge twice already what's one more?

Dr. Sivana. I'm putting together a team.

>that mk cameo
>billy playing as raiden
Heh

Yeah him as sivana was pretty good

I can't even imagine what depravity he'll unleash on us all but if he doesn't have something with powered up Mary's tits and powered up Darla's ass I'll be very disappointed. I'll be seething if he does some trap shit with one oof the guys

>FATALITY
>Hey, I got the voice!

Attached: 1529091782441.jpg (350x335, 28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=9f5cyiTH3KI
Never has a Christmas song sounded so sinister

Those sins will cause some nightmares

>Mary’s college aged ass still has an adult form

lol

Well it is supposed to be her top potential, a bit older than 17/18 makes sense still.

Didn’t billy also give his foster parents his powers too?

>Shazam! is 7 words
>being summoned to the Rock of Eternity requires the symbols to be written 7 times
Deepest lore
No he gave his uncle his powers in the old comics

No you fucking dumbass

Attached: Snickering Undead Whores.png (276x174, 49K)

>After showing exhibitors at CinemaCon that they are indeed the force to be reckoned with, especially with upcoming DC pics like Birds of Prey, The Joker, and Wonder Woman 1984, Warner Bros. heads into this weekend celebrating a No. 1 win for its comic book label’s Shazam!, with current Friday night estimates seeing $20.5M (including $5.9M Thursday previews) for a weekend of $53.7M.

>7 realms
>7 sins
>7 wizards
>6 champions
Anti hero role confirmed

Attached: 500552025.jpg (866x514, 37K)

wasn't his Unlce a pretender barring a few rare circumstances he actually got powers

Aight

Attached: 023.png (680x680, 221K)

He will betray them, user.

Yes and Dudley isn't even Billy's real uncle barring some universes

If a story about a kid transforming into an adult is somehow supposed to be "Dark", you don't read comics.

I'm not sure I quite grok the lore. There were 7 Wizards and all of them chose Adam as their champion and he betrayed them and in so doing took out 6 of them leaving only Shazam alive. Wouldn't that make Billy a lot weaker than Adam since he handed the power of 1 Wizard whilst Adam got the power of 7 maybe 6

>Lust is just another ugly ass plastic demon

Attached: Lust-3-lust-the-homunculus-28120330-377-314.jpg (377x314, 13K)

I was under the impression Darla last name is Dudley so she's the homage to him

I guess they arent doing Adam being the previous champion's uncle.

Don't worry even Billy was disappointed

Could have gotten some figure bucks if they made the Sins look different and more interesting overall.

I'm surprised that Billy was so blatantly interested in sexy things to the point a strip club was the first memorable place that sprung to mind

based

I think if anyone was going to get figures it'd be the Shazamily, Sivana and last but not least the Wizard himself. I can't imagine anyone buying the Sins by themselves simply based on a design improvement if they weren't given a lot more screentime and even character

This. Sins were fucking useless.
>looks like early 00's CG
>do nothing overall, just killed some suits
>gets their butts kicked by teenagers with superpowers
>didnt even try to corrupt anyone besides baldy

That and the tiger references were probably related to Wildlands

I'd say it was more like they got stalled. Either way their greatest power is temptation not fighting prowess

Well in universe the sins killed the other wizards so yeah, it would have been nice if they just said that they were drained and were still looking to corrupt people and feed themselves.

Did they? Then how come all of them couldn't take down the Wizard there and then thus preventing him from finding a Champion and allowing them to act with impunity

>surprised that Billy was so blatantly interested in sexy things
He's 14.

I had the same problem too, all of the demons looked largely the same and just demony, if they were in a line up, besides like 1 or 2 i wouldn't be able to match them with their sin

Gluttony's belly-mouth reminds me of FMA too.

Attached: 3564304-8319564293-Broth.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

>if he does some trap shit
It'll be soft, feminine looking Billy taking the wizard's "staff"

What is the name of one of his villains that is a british(?) guy who compliments him whenever they fight? He appeared in the golden age i believe

I NEED PICS OF THE BLACK CHICK IN THE SUIT

Attached: 1554524394097.jpg (2048x1064, 195K)

I don't like that weird flap on her waist. Either give her a skirt or don't. I wouldn't be oppsed to the Wonder Woman skirt over her tight body suit

>[everyone exiting the strip bar]
>Pedro: That doesn't interest me.

A pretty subtle way of announcing he's gay.

>that animated credits sequence

Attached: vNVEJvH4XqtIr86U.webm (320x568, 1.45M)

To be fair most low-rent strip clubs have shit women.

Pedro obviously likes women wih muscles.

maybe but then you could say Darla's going to grow up to be a stripper based on what she said. Sometimes things don't have hidden meanings or subtle implications.

That animated sequence was absolute kino.

But TDK is overrated and "Batman 1989" and "Batman returns" are better.

Attached: D3aZM4MXkAUayUb.jpg (640x300, 35K)

>tfw Shazam and Aquaman would great friends

Attached: 6B4C6DAC-0542-455D-8854-982AAAE74867.jpg (800x547, 201K)

The designs should've been closer to the comic

Attached: SevenDeadlySins_-_New_52.jpg (1792x2336, 1.72M)

I wish Mary had a white costume in comics and movie instead of red.

Short budget, maybe next time they will have better CG if the movie does well.

Justice League
>$93.8M
Aquaman
>$67M
Shazam
>$51M

But DC totally isn't dying guys it's just people being paid by Disney lying to you

They replaced the three lieutenants(Tall, Fat and Hillbilly) with the new multicultural diversity ones(Darla, Pedro, Eugene) who they still haven't bothered to name.

Billy's backstory seems a bit contrived. Why did Child Services never tell him where his parents or any of the relatives he surely must have lived? You usually don't put kids in foster homes with complete strangers when they have living relatives.
And how did the mother not get in trouble for child abandonment?

>Aquaman
>$67M
>ends raking more than a billion
>Shazam
>$51M
Famu, i don't think you thought this one...

You sound so fucking triggered.

Those designs would actually make them cost less, probably
But anyway, they should have at least been colorful

If Billy is actually going to be called Shazam it's going to be hell coming up with names for them and I strongly see them simply referring to each other by their names and the public calling them whatever they want like the Big Red Cheese and his Gorgonzola's

>Sivana writes shit on the wall and opens portals
It can't be a coincidence

Attached: Sivana.jpg (529x422, 136K)

If he actually ends up doing this, I'm gonna lose my shit. It would be a nice nod to the golden age stuff.

I don't think your retarded ass thought at all before making your retarded fucking post

Can you name any movie that came out a week after Aquaman? How about 2 weeks? Can you name any movie that came out after Aquaman and before Glass? Bet you can't in fact no one probably could without looking it up. That's what happens during the weeks after Christmas. Aquaman had a MONTH to itself so it could leg it all the way to a billion. Shazam doesn't have that luxury.

And fuck off with your fucking retarded bullshit about Mary Poppins and Bumblebee that you dipshits love to fucking pull out when it comes to Aquaman's box office

so basically he becomes some kind of Runic wizard except his runes are marthematical equations derives from those seven letters or their equivalents

Full soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=UFJlbOoPqiw

Incoming fresh fanart is the best part of any theatrical release thread.

Speaking of which - don't we have a Billy-and-Freddy version of the "girls laughing" meme or something? I'm surprised if it still hasn't already been done...

You need fans to have fanart and to have fans people need to see and enjoy the movie which no one did

>And fuck off with your fucking retarded bullshit about Mary Poppins and Bumblebee that you dipshits love to fucking pull out when it comes to Aquaman's box office
But it was you who loved to pull them out saying they would crush Aquaman (along with Spider-Verse)

I was hoping he would his obnoxious, bizarre laugh but that may have been a bridge too far.

This might be hard for your tiny retard brain to grasp, but Yea Forums isn't just you and your made up bogeyman.

I know, but you make it so easy to spot who you are

youtube.com/watch?v=PNyBWgOg7D0

> Amell on the big screen

Nah just being sarcastic. I actually kind of like the new Multicultural Lieutenants as I like to call them. Though they do result in a bit of cast bloat.

I was so ready for this, holy fuck.
Though the actual scene was delicious as well.

> her SHAZAM'd form is super hot
> but she's actually 8
> sweating intensifies

>Shazam 2
>Mr. Mind encourage Sivana to do science instead of magic, so he becomes a mad scientist
>"Oh well, now I know this magic was a total nonsense! I can just walk to another dimension by simply saying [insert equation here] instead of writing these stupid symbols!"
>"and it's also 3.562 times less time consuming! Now I can murder people even more often! Heh heh heh!"

wouldn't be an issue if she didn't still act 8 when Shazam'd

Funny how Mary's is less hot

Attached: DXUOkziVMAEt91L.jpg (968x1200, 127K)

Who saw the Rock's cameo?

I think it's because whilst the actor is hot she doesn't radiate a youthfulness like the others do even in adult forms

where

>makes fun of both versions
>fucking triggered!!11
You sound more triggered

he was THE ROCK of eternity.

Joker comes out in October

maybe he grew and saw the value of teaching the young after the events of the avengers

>ONLY domestic numbers
why do caved in head shills always post these?

>"Walking, talking monkeys, playing with cave drawing"
This stupid bug made me grin like an idiot. I been this excited for an end credits scene since GotG with Howard the Duck

Attached: 945537-mind_21.jpg (969x1416, 886K)

>Say my name
>BILLY

Attached: you figured it out.png (702x393, 89K)

Why would they? Normalfags don't know anyone who hasn't already been in a movie.

Thanos was met with confusion after the first Avengers

Attached: 1521948228125.jpg (362x296, 20K)

She's a nigger, but holy shit, I would do her.

undertale fans are cancer

I know this may sound fucking stupid but the humour at the dramatic moments do not undercut the tone unlike some comic book films.

Is that Sen?

I was obviously not being serious you fag. UT is fun though.

I saw him. You can make out his facial features when the Wizard is talking about his previous champion.

you're right

>DC can only make good movies when they ripoff Based Marvel completely
Sad

Here's the (You) you want

Attached: gil.jpg (310x163, 9K)

>Only Marbel make funni Mobie

Attached: 1527338092648.jpg (912x707, 134K)

>Meeting scene=hospital scene
>Bus scene=train scene
>Sins controlling Sivana=Tentacles controlling Octavius
>Getting distracted by money=quitting being Spider-Man.
It's a complete ripoff of Spiderman 2

shut the fuck up, retard

>But DC totally isn't dying guys
No it's not. The film before Shazam made a billion. May as well say Marvel's dying because Ant-Man and Wasp was the lowest earning superhero film last year

If Ant Man and the Wasp was the lowest with Endgame as the second lowest and Black panther the third I probably would

But figures a DC dumbass like you can't recognize a fucking pattern

it was fun. I liked it. pretty jewish tho

But Aquaman is literally the highest earning DC movie to date. There is a pattern for DC and it's up and down. MoS down, BvS, up, SS down, Wonder Woman up, Justice League down, Aquaman up, Shazam down

I guess Joker will earn more than Shazam

What's weird is that Shazam looks to be doing much better Sunday than it did Friday. At least at my theater anyway

Only because it had nothing to stop it. After it beat Mary Poppins, Bumblebee, and Spiderverse it was pretty much clear sailing until around the time Glass came out.

The same thing pretty much happened with Captain Marvel

Momentum build I guess. Good word of mouth and all that jazz

Were you in the theater on Friday as well as Sunday?

Not that that really matters because my theater was packed for Lone Ranger and it still bombed

>It had nothing to stop it but these three films it had to compete with
If DC was a dying brand then there would have been no interest. With your logic Alita should have sailed to a billion

No I was there Wednesday. I've been counting because I'm autistic

If you're going to be an autistic weirdo then don't be like Sivana then

Silvana is going to fuck your mom.

>Aquaman had a MONTH to itself so it could leg it all the way to a billion. Shazam doesn't have that luxury.

Shazam has almost an entire month too. Infinity War doesn't come out until near the end of April.

The captain part was on her plane

>WRECK AUSTRALIA
based and redpilled

Attached: Australian Men.png (2000x777, 1.11M)

We don't count the new Hellboy movie, right?

>I promise to help the poor! I will take all money from the rich! Then you will all be poor! That's equality!

Holy fucking kek.

Attached: 835444332-612x612.jpg (612x408, 29K)

Can you SMELL... what The Rock (Of Eternity) is cooking?!?

Attached: BigSniff.png (506x305, 354K)

I honestly forgot all about that.

Tonal dissonance is intended and played for horror in that context.

F is for friends who play things together
U is for you and me
N is for anywhere and anytime at all
Down there on the blue board Yea Forums!

Attached: FUN.jpg (480x360, 24K)

>tfw floor piano scene

Attached: bhsssrtmlth01.jpg (1264x804, 101K)

Johns was naive and took charge of the entertainment branch. There's nothing he can do the future of DC is at DiDio's grasp, and by extension King and Bendis

Thunder lore is pretty obscure for casual capefans

Nah, each of them has a different outline, problem is they're not given an introduction, which kind of sucks because the Boardroom scene was a perfect point for that sort of thing. Though, maybe making them different colors (Maybe corresponding to the Shazamily's) would have helped too.

>the orphans knowing of sivana's weakness
>cripple kid realizing his batarang actually hurt sivana
My only issues with the movie. Other than that, I wish DC would make more of these instead of falling back to their Batman stuff

>tfw people at the theater actually clapped when they showed up
yeah it was neat

Attached: ShazFam.jpg (1920x800, 147K)

>that muscle gut

lol

Everyone did

Dwayne Johnson was in the credits though, which confused me because I expected to see a Black Adam teaser. Is he voicing Mr. Mind or something?

But we have fanart, faggot.

Attached: e238bd25-e85d-4fc0-b670-9bf6942ba615.jpg (1024x676, 138K)

He was an executive producer.

They probably used his figure/body as the basis for the Black Adam model

The part with the staff at the end was great. It felt like real payoff for foreshadowing.

>John Glover plays the abusive CEO father of the bald supervillain (also played by somebody previously featured in a major role DC property) opposite a superhero noted for the most generic superpowers ever
Boring, pass. Guaranteed to be formulaic and predictable

Attached: 182a4e30-373a-438f-b705-7035d6024cc9.jpg (1200x1200, 194K)

or strip clubs just aren't his thing, I liked the range of reactions from the different characters

Saw both this and nuCarol's movie today, want to say it was better but quiet honestly I found myself quite bored throughout the experience.

Levi's charisma was great, and the chemistry he had with the kid was genuinely entertaining, but the plot just didn't interest me. I love Mark Strong, but jesus, I just didn't give two shits about his character at all.

Where as MCU's Captain Marvel despite it's MANY flaws was an acceptable distraction, nuCarol came off a lot more likeable than I figured she'd be especially given how insufferable Larson has come off thanks to her social media presence, and how much I hate what's been done to the character in the comics.

Have you ever been to a strip club? Even the nicer ones can be pretty seedy and depressing

Not to mention one of those bitches was named "Sriracha..."

He did have an obnoxious bizarre laugh though.

So how do you think they'll do with Black Adam? My biggest fear is making him too redeemable. Adam does a lot a bad shit, and often questionable methods

Attached: Black Adam.jpg (1500x2322, 731K)

Make him an anti-villain; he could team up with the Marvels on occasion when there's a greater threat, but his methods are deemed too extreme by them so they'll always be at odds since he won't ever change and views them as immature children.

Looks like China ships Billy/Freddy

Attached: N1NxYTdYcUZZU1Z4dlhJbWNDS0dmcjcweVBsbHcyTDk1a01EaHlMU2ltakE0OHJRUUFyM3hnPT0.jpg (2000x2000, 627K)

Kino , simple as that
In my favorite list with Logan/WS/DotfP/IM1/Gotg

Attached: WjVQNUUzVVFaVmcvb0M0U0JmWHNvWit5eGNvbER3TEJwRGF5bVJlV0Q1ek1nNHlQb1BXK3pBPT0.jpg (1446x2755, 967K)

I ship Billy and Carol

Attached: RUt5Z2RXUHplTS95dU9MTzdrZll0cDNGY1RPOC84dVkvbFFEN2pzREZ3Y3NzUExsTXNJSjJBPT0.png (1080x1080, 661K)

Attached: Y0hNMWxGTWlsZDFBdjJqQlhjNnljVG40WWpQN0JlYVdtbWRZTndTRG9UQWxHeUN0eWV4ajF3PT0.jpg (2000x2829, 2.36M)

Why's there fan art?I thought it was bombing?

Well his movie is supposed to be inspired by Dark Reign, featuring Hawkman, Atom Smasher, and Stargirl

It really gave me strong late-90s, early-00s vibes, like something you'd see in an early Tony Hawk game or on MTV.

Yea Forums and Yea Forums will say a movie making 500 million day one is bombing and OH NO NO NO NO-post until it doesn't get (You)s anymore

It'll do fine, probably won't do Aquaman/Captain Marvel numbers but it's not gonna be a bomb

I'll be sad if it doesn't, Aquaman is a trash character in comparison.

It kind of is, but never doubt the tenacity of fujos.

Attached: R1dtT1YreHU0ODVKQk5UU1RLdlEvb0lyN1pjbEt2QVRWYklwbjFyVFFnYWJqK280ZWVpMExBPT0.png (1200x900, 1.13M)

Whole movie was kino.

The Wizard already said he originally released the Sins to kill millions, that's not much redeemable

Chinks have no taste though so of course they'd go nuts over Aquaman. Spectacle is all that matters to them.

Attached: a0dZNzJhQmVBZVpjdzA5SjFpQkk0ZjlLYnE2SnNXdlg0V2wvWHZ6RlhMQlhNb2pjaXdyNDl3PT0.jpg (1181x1535, 340K)

Attached: dVBCRGw0cEkrWGpUMFZBZW5HVEl3NVg2eXozTmhweGxPbTh2dEwwNHlKL09RdnYwNGpNZEdnPT0.png (1200x1200, 1.29M)

Superman tackled Zod from a mostly empty farmhouse to a crowded city. He wasn't even chased there he took the fight there himself.

Attached: V2NQRTFHb0Q5RGVNUGVNZGhLWGorTnduL1ZtODVuS1hiMGVKK3E3U2tueXZtM0VJb3BOQ093PT0.jpg (1351x2560, 1.29M)

but he was doing it to get revenge for something

Attached: Y0hNMWxGTWlsZDFBdjJqQlhjNnljUmwzQm8zSzFJVVRuek5kQnpZd0lkS2hnSEJ3STl2VklnPT0.jpg (1133x5000, 1.3M)

Attached: cnlKaTMyWFZ1YkxRWUZSWU42cytQS2xaS0N2TkU1d29nZjRvOWNCVE1UaXBSZjArWDBTOW5nPT0.jpg (750x750, 171K)

>Cripple kid finds out his brand new foster brother is a super hero
>Immediately starts using him for personal gain with only passive "oh hey maybe help those people..."
>Gets called out and rightfully ditched
>Suddenly gets all high and mighty when he's cut out of the popularity and money, even when Billy saves people that were put in danger by complete accident
>Somehow Billy's in the wrong and Freddy never has to apologize

Attached: cortex you what.png (336x544, 348K)

Attached: U3A0S3MwTlN1eTVVTTZvSTRYRWs3NmdhWHBLc1dzSDNlVnAyVVcreXBlUGI2V3NtK1dwOWhRPT0.png (1000x800, 325K)

Someone in my theatre said OH SHIT audibly

Freddy best boy

Attached: cElCMDk4UXkxbStQV0FTckE5aWtidmg2NktXMnVrQmhPVTg3VGhNS0NJNGxLVUVEVW5ud1J3PT0.jpg (708x708, 184K)

A little boy in my theatre legit got so scared he had to leave with his grandfather. I felt bad for him.

All I want in this life is to see SHAZAM! and the Monster Society of Evil in theaters

Attached: eWNMQmdkcTdTcUpKdTV5ZXVtenUwY01pcU4rblhiZzI1MnpHTENMOC9qTXV4ZytYNVR2N0dRPT0.jpg (1566x1171, 380K)

that's completely valid though
fun is not an acceptable argument for why something is good, it's only an end result

D-do you think Billy ever transforms into Shazam when he's in the middle of fucking Freddy?

Attached: 14567654567.png (279x237, 3K)

Attached: TTJKUmp3Kzh6ZXBpWlJSZjhDbzlvSWhOVklVdEpWQ2JkaWtBZ2hOTHFVU2oyTU8vWVZiK2FRPT0.jpg (1508x1161, 201K)

Attached: WjVQNUUzVVFaVmcvb0M0U0JmWHNvWlBYamdGZUpmcjFwWkg2bzBNYVhRMEozTC8yRnZXQkxRPT0.jpg (1024x1024, 444K)

This legit looks like concept art, I like it.

Attached: U3A0S3MwTlN1eTVVTTZvSTRYRWs3eTFWN2I5bzVOYkxSM1hQWGE0eUJpYitEenpWcWNOQW5RPT0.png (1000x1300, 714K)

Zimmer said he didn't want to compose superhero movies after BvS, so I'll take it that the producers would rather use Williams's theme, seeing how it's so synonymous with Superman the same way that the 60's Spider-Man theme is synonymous with Spider-Man.

Attached: RnBMZjBtSWNBS3VzWjVScXg1MnIyMjJDVkVFcmYvYTh4UzFNaXJ3NSt5eVNsNTcxa0dLdGJRPT0.jpg (2485x1668, 522K)

what does that equation actually say?

Who else wants to see Billy interact with other heroes?
>Billy hanging around The Justice League waiting for the meeting to start.
>Inches over to Wonder Woman
>"Hey! Um, I'm Sha-...I mean you probably know who I am already. So......did a wizard give you your powers too?"

My one small insignificant hangup is that he called out Envy and not Pride

Someone know how to translate this?

Why? Envy by default is easily baited because it's entire existence is being envious of everything, including the power of it's brothers.

Pride is more showy than Envy.
That shit rots from the inside.

but with Pride he could had been like, " you are so weak you need a human, you monster ain't shit with out him", not that Envy doesn't work

Yeah but with Pride you could also argue it's too full of itself to fall for that gimmick. It thinks so highly of itself that anything Billy would say it would just write off as mere jealously.

That seems ass backwards to me.
"Why do you think it's good?"
"Well I could spend a long ass time telling you about the various details that make up how good it is. I can tell you how richly the story was made. I can discuss the intricacies of character development. I can begin a thesis on the well made action sequences and how it blended well with the environment. I can make a speech on the interesting design choices. Hell, I can go on and on about the rather hilarious yet well written dialogue between characters..."
"... Or I can not be a pompous shitheel and just tell you I liked THING because I had FUN with THING."

Attached: 1456378687263.png (787x567, 391K)

>I can make a valid argument or I can just repeat my claim with nothing to back it up, ensuring that no value can be garnered from the exchange

Attached: 61c[2].jpg (308x308, 26K)

>I'll be sad if it doesn't, Aquaman is a trash character in comparison.
True, but Shazam doesn0t have an drummer octopus or crab people.

Imagine being this proud of being a stubborn brainlet

>I can make a valid argument about my OPINION on a vidyuh/movie/cartoon/comic or I can just repeat my claim that I happened to enjoy something without explaining why, ensuring that the jackass on the other end of the conversation gets the chance to tell me my opinion is wrong and being "That Guy"

FTFY

Attached: 1456382730547.jpg (500x628, 117K)

or the strippers were ugly

You know that opinions aren't a nebulous, nonsensical thing, right? And that they can be justified and explained?
> or I can just repeat my claim that I happened to enjoy something without explaining why, ensuring that the jackass on the other end of the conversation gets the chance to tell me my opinion is wrong and being "That Guy"
So you antagonize people who are looking for a movie recommendation? Are you a retard?

>"I can do thing"
Not really, most people can't really do thing, that's why they tend to just say fun

>hey can you tell me why you liked the movie, maybe if it sounds appealing to me I'll check it out
>it was fun
>that doesn't help me at all
>LOL JACKASS

Attached: 1538351846006[2].gif (512x512, 340K)

Oh they can be. And it'd be enjoyable to share them with others to have a good ol' talk about whether someone has the same or differeing opinion.

But we're on Yea Forums. And your (assuming that was you) earlier posts show that we're not going to have that.

Your'e going to say my tastes are factual shit, and then tell me why.

Then I'm going to say your tastes are factual shit, and then I'll tell you why.

>insert tumblrfag, autist, incel, cuck, beta, fag, dumbass, /pol/, chad, virgin, etc etc etc

I just saved you a whole night

Attached: 1456404392717.jpg (234x317, 11K)

You're a cretin

Attached: 1477325868297.jpg (479x479, 15K)

I took my older aunt to go and see this movie, she’s battling cancer so I try and get her up and moving every day, apparently she used to watch the old Captain Marvel TV show when she was a little girl. During the whole scene with the Sins in the board room she was like “Holy shit, all of these kids are going to have nightmares.” Sure it wasn’t over the top gorefest like it would have been in a comic, but it wasn’t all that tame either. Given the context, that was a few good minutes of a horror show.
The scene in Dogma was played as a straight up dark comedic scene, it even ends on a light tone with Loki wanting to kill the innocent woman for not saying god bless you when he sneezed. whereas the board room in Shazam was played up to be unsettling and pretty evil and ends with Thad walking away as Greed begins to beat and rip his crippled father to death. And I can only remember a small speckle of blood on Loki’s face during that scene in dogma.

Cardcaptor Shazamu!

Attached: RnBMZjBtSWNBS3VzWjVScXg1MnIyNXREZVh2N2pSaXk3cTNjb2RqT2hPcCt0QWtyVm9HaXdnPT0.jpg (1080x1522, 295K)

Freddy probably demands him to do it.

Attached: U3A0S3MwTlN1eTVVTTZvSTRYRWs3ejVWQU1Hazhmd1k0d2VMUEFvSmh3M2Zoc29RTFFCaUdRPT0.png (1000x1600, 785K)

>>not a single other person in the theater recognized him

We're a decade into Marvel movies, and people are asking "What's a Skrull". Movies don't sell comics.

I enjoyed it. Felt like Donner Superman in scale and the joy it takes.

Any list of the voices for the seven deadly enemies of man out there? I checked IMDB and didn't see anything listed.

Hope they can pull off a sequel.

Attached: cnlKaTMyWFZ1Ykw0a091Sk9zTWpQa0d6R3JRWmVpUy9odlZDUzRUNE5PUFVacUkvdnFqWVF3PT0.jpg (1200x1200, 301K)

Didn't happen for me, but someone did clap when Billy first came up with the idea of using the staff for his family, so I guess it counts

Sivana kept Envy within him because Envy had the strongest pull on him because he was envious of the wizard's magic. Is capekino too smart for you?

it's just as valid as saying something is boring or bad. it's mostly used as a synonym for just saying 'good'.

Shoved the whole family thing in too hard imo. Billy meeting his mom should've happened earlier too so he could've moved on and befriended everyone earlier.

Otherwise it's the best DC movie since the dark knight. Also way better than Captain Marvel.

kek, good laugh.

Ok, but what if Freddy was a girl?

Attached: bishoujo_freddy_by_sii_sen_d7k0zzn-fullview.png (800x800, 371K)

I could faintly see the Rock's face in that hologram of Black Adam

Nothing really, actually equals 0.

I wonder how did they met in the end

Attached: RIP Cavill's run.jpg (1920x801, 160K)

>strange adult man hanging around a little girl

If Freddy was a girl, Billy would already be in jail.

Attached: aHpSL2dzaEVDYUJZS0hoNXhzRXVTZjNSZCtJcE1TTmNqbFg2NUphRXowK3pYRENXTUIzeUdnPT0.jpg (2000x2902, 2.14M)

Just imagine something similar to first thunder.

>nipples on Supe's costume

Attached: eWNMQmdkcTdTcUxESjVySkprZ3hNVlFsWllLNUlKbG50S0tjQVhPUjFaaW5Va2VPS0hseWpBPT0.jpg (1757x1240, 241K)

Clearly there is only one way to solve this problem.

Attached: tumblr_p9g41kRpMF1rj94m5o1_500.jpg (500x702, 83K)

Just came back from it and it's one of the few recent superhero movies I actually would watch again. Maybe even pay for it.

Should we apologize to Bendis because of Spiderverse as well?

No because Bendis had no hand in that, or anything that made Miles good since he stopped writing for him

Also looks like China has produced fanfic of this concept already.

Damn, eastern fujos work fast.

Attached: RnBMZjBtSWNBS3VzWjVScXg1MnIyd3o2alFJUHFsUGZEZmYyWk1QVmhxcEltck15R3ZjZFBRPT0.jpg (579x2000, 245K)

If anything, the problem I had with it was that she lived so near his foster house. The other stuff can be explained by her just fucking off to a different state, maybe using fake names for a while and such. Happens all the time.

Now that I think about this scene again
>superman has a lunch tray
>superman probably stood in the cafeteria line with everyone else to get his food
>superman had to pull out a wallet and pay for his food
>superman chose milk to set a good example for the kids

comfy

Attached: h.jpg (600x600, 35K)

What hand did Geoff Johns had to do with this film? He's an "executive producer", just like The Rock.

His fucking costume has protuding abs, nipples, and vagina bones though, why is he wearing something so lewd in front of children?

And creative consultant, and the fact that it pulls a lot from his run on Shazam, including the sequel bait.

Those exemples don't even match up

Attached: Pvs7w9y.png (1440x810, 1.36M)

Sen loved it.

Attached: Sen-Shazam.jpg (461x597, 84K)

Gotta get kids to actually start trying in gym class somehow

No. All it did was highlight how shit Bendis is because he coiuldn't make Miles interesting but the movie could

I guess we should apologize to him for Green Lantern as well? Because those are exactly the same roles he had in that movie.

I can guarantee you he didn't have the same pull

Regular mary was much better look8ng than mary marvel. I'll always prefer the girl next door look over the sultry slutty look. But as for real opinion of the movie, it was alright. It got a few chuckles out of me. The seven deadly sins were bland cgi monsters, they didn't really reflect what sin they're supposed to be labled after. Billy finding his mom and then deciding his foster parents were his real family was to abrupt of a shift. The guy who played siavana was actually boring and didn't really convey any real emotion, i wanted super evil bastard genuis siavana. Oh well. Shazam/captian marvel was the real draw though and was entertaining whenever he was on the screen. He made the movie worth watching. Still not a fan of the new hooded costume. I'll always prefer the orginal. It was perfection from the start. I'd give it a b- at best. Good mindless fun but not worth re watching for a whiles.

Attached: bGFPM25McEZVRWVTcUtQVk56ZFdBNU44bUlyKzJWeWU3SkVqa3RtdU9TZURIOHM3aW5aNWJRPT0.png (900x1110, 2.09M)

Oh, sure. I'll take your word for it then.

>Hey, big bro!
>Meet my new friend!

Attached: c69c8e396c07d582b7ca5838b7882109.jpg (900x1353, 170K)

He was talking about the music, he says that right after Darla says they have good music.

Would it be sweet if there will be a surge of adoptions after movie?

I actually thought that was the point of the comment too, and thought it was a good way to put it out there without being some blatant virtual signaling. It actually kinda sounded like a revelation for himself.

That was fucking great.

Im sure you meant "foster," and no. I know dozens of fat dyke "families" that foster kids for financial reasons and treat them like prisoners. The system is completely fucked because they still get financial kick-backs even if the kid runs away in the first month, and they're told not to try to stop the kid or find them.
Brainlets shouldn't foster or adopt because of a movie.

I fucking loved it, best live action superhero movie i've seen for a while, WAY better than Aquaman and Cpt. Marvel
THE SAM RAIMI SPIDER-MAN OF THIS DECADE

Attached: cDJpdUxLZG9wYmlyTGlXcDJCNVdUREZTS1Q5cnNWY3d4VEZ0RVVuTmpGR3lrV25jMUNySXV3PT0.jpg (1056x1408, 312K)

It does have a nice sort of whimsy to it doesn’t it? Like it was proud to be a bright crazy fun comic movie

>tfw you learned sufficient intermediate Mandarin just in time to be able to kinda read the Chinese fancomics
我好愉快,无名朋友。Kinda disturbed by the more risqué ones, though.

Attached: kqbKDLJ.gif (300x180, 998K)

Which ones are risque? Pls point out and give the general gist of what they mean.

Attached: eWNMQmdkcTdTcUxyQStmd21HejFJVUowVmdlMFFIQ0wrY3E4ZTJEQ1FTWHZkY2M3NGdDT0lnPT0.jpg (565x1280, 141K)

>tfw you learned sufficient intermediate Mandarin just in time to be kinda able to read the Chinese fancomics
我好愉快, 无名朋友。Kinda disturbed by the more risqué ones, though.

Attached: kqbKDLJ.gif (300x180, 998K)

Which comics ITT are lewd, user? I need to know for research purposes

Attached: 134567897656789.png (381x205, 30K)

Ah crap, I thought no one would notice if I'd redo the post because I messed up the punctuation...

I also conflated the fancomics - which seem cheeky yet tame - with a few fan art (the ones without the text) that were a bit eyebrow raising too...sorry for the misunderstanding.

(That's what I get for being too excited and proud about my bare proficiency, folks.)

Attached: Oliver's humour can be a bit bleh, but he makes good faces at least.gif (301x226, 1.47M)

Ah, I see. Are you able to explain what's going on in or ? I can only read gook, so I have no idea. Mandarin seems like a fucking nightmare just looking at it.

Attached: L2ZlcGFteDJtcUM0eS95RzJzSWFMM3BRTStaNU9ITjM5OUhUTmcyTHVFaTRSYlE0dmsvNHh3PT0.jpg (2160x1800, 1.05M)

Who would play her?

Can Billy just give Shazam powers to anyone?

Post the Tentacle scene

It was kino as fuck and showed how Billy was handed everything Sivana wanted in life

Would love to see Diana and Billy interact, maybe so he’s actually more aware he has stuff like the Wisdom of Solomon and Courage of Achilles

I saw it a second time today and still cried on mom's and Darla's scenes. WB has to greenlight a sequel in near future or the kids will grow too much.

Attached: VDkvUExTUEd0QWFLd3FUeFk2MDBYOGlDNE1oYklrcElscmppUGp3bHRKUUN0ZWZJSDZTU01BPT0.png (1366x1800, 625K)

Was she the one who made that Bat-son doujin?

Attached: file.png (1280x536, 780K)

>whereas the board room in Shazam was played up to be unsettling and pretty evil and ends with Thad walking away as Greed begins to beat and rip his crippled father to death.
You're omitting the comedic scene of the guard reacting to them being killed, complete with elevator music.

I feel like I'm talking to people from tvtropes on this board sometimes, where everyone has to exaggerate. OMG THIS SCENE IS NIGHTMARE FUEL!

Attached: file.png (454x536, 355K)

Attached: file.png (1280x536, 674K)

Jane Alexander

>men*
also the way he feels himself in comics

Guys what if Santa is Uncle Dudley?

*Jaimie Alexander

spoiler that shit

Did you not read the comic this was adapted from? It's not a spoiler unless you're a secondary.

*Jason Alexander

Just came back from watching it. Steve Blum, and Fred tatasciore and a third person I forgot.

It's too cute

Peter Safran already noted that too. I imagine they'll fast track the sequel, if it ends green lit, unlike Aquaman. The problem isn't so much with the older kids (Tom Holland is older than any of them and still looks like he walks with a milk bottle in hand), the costumers and make-up artists can work their magic, but there's no way they can keep the kid playing Darla looking remotely similar.

Andy Serkis? Wikipedia lists him as doing the mocap for them and I could swear some of the Sins sounded like him.

Did your aunt like the movie? I can't imagine what the experience watching a modern feature film with the character after so many years must be like.

Nice

Attached: Anonymous+used+roll+pictureanonymous+rolled+imagei+say+it+has+3+_a64152e6a6ee146629cc08c6c0632c3a.jp (200x200, 11K)

Yep. She's great. sen1227.tumblr.com/post/73036041490/i-made-this-young-justice-doujinshi-for-comiket

I would rather prefer that for a movie these lands were different magical worlds from DC's cosmology. Like Myrra, Gemworld or Skartaris. Rock of Eternity should be connected to other places of magic.

So why didn't they make regular Billy as fun and goofy as powered up Billy. It's great that the kid actor could carry the drama of the scenes with his mother and being a loner but I feel like having him able to have fun like his adult form does would be more consistent

True, I kinda just figured that when Billy was transformed, his personality slightly shifted into more a more excitable and kinda goofy guy,

I think something as simple as having the scene with them playing MK being regular Billy would have gone a long way

I just figured that the abrasive, standoff-ish Billy was more like a mask he put on and the Shazam persona allowed him to act more natural and have fun with the powers he was given. You see that same spunk Shazam has in the scenes where Billy traps the cops or fights with the bullies, plus Levi did his homework and emulated a lot of the mannerisms Angel has in his speech and gestures. I think in the sequel, with Billy more at ease in the family, he'll also act more jovial and friendly too.

Red Cyclone is decent

Billy is a 14 year old slightly drunk on power and the worse thing he does is cause a traffic incident albeit a dangerous one. Superman is grown ass man who leveled most of Smallville and Metropolis.

Does anyone know the name of the song that played during the animated credits?

It's from the guys who do the songs for the MCU spiderman movies because this is nothing but a massive spiderman ripoff

youtube.com/watch?v=73NdmMYZsnM

>The Ramones "doing" the songs for Spider-Man movies
>implying both movies just haven't gone to the same well to draw from the same cultural legacy
Fucking hell, this is the same logic as if I was saying the Creedence Clearwater was "doing" music for Vietnam movies.

God, you're retarded.

It was great. That's 3 straight great films from DC. Joker looks great, too. They really turned that ship around.

so shazam is like magical supes?
and now what, all those kids are ... shazam too? i don't get it

Attached: 1539489348158.jpg (2518x1024, 475K)

Basically. the Wizard gave Billy his power before he passed, which includes the Wisdom of Solomon, Strength of Hercules, Stamina of Atlas, Power of Zeus, the Courage of Achilles, and the Speed of Mercury, which add up to one Superman. Billy figured out he could also transfer his power to the rest of his family.

sounds OP as fuck

Don't look for logic in a DC movie

Just forget it ever existed like most people

the problem I have with this set up is either the villain has minions, is part of a larger organisation or is so much more powerful than Billy that he has to be fought by multiple people at once. Whilst that's great for villain threat level we also want to see Billy go man to man with a villain

Well, this was more a numbersthing/ New 52 thing, usually Billy is able to fight solo,

Oh nonononononono

At this rate it won't even break even

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-103457_Chrome.jpg (1079x1736, 830K)

I don't know the current comics seem to be suggesting they're a proper team rather than backup like the cats called in to help when the Samurai Pizza Cats were being overwhelmed

>an underbudgeted superhero movie with downscaled action that focuses on the character dynamics and development instead
>the Chinese won't go see it because it doesn't go all MoS with Billy and Sivana demolishing half the city
Wow, totally unexpected.

It's not just China, it's bombing everywhere. Even here in the US it's pathetic considering how many screens it's on.

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-104516_Chrome.jpg (1079x705, 196K)

Shazam: Power if Hope
Thunderworld
Convergence: Shazam

Weren't the original projections around $45 million? It's just the Spider-Verse "bombing" all over again.

Attached: 1520068325911.jpg (888x945, 440K)

Monster Society of Evil. It's more of a standalone thing from the creator of Bone.

Attached: images.jpg (185x273, 18K)

I absolutely loved every scene with the foster family.

The siblings were all great.

The parents were so lovable. Frankly, I needed more of them.

And the ending where Billy finally says that this was his real home and family got me good.

Except that Shazam actually is bombing

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-110901_Chrome.jpg (1077x1489, 359K)

so... it grossed its entire production budget on its first weekend is what that tweet tells me

Thanks user.

I thought one might have been Kevin Grevioux.

I'm going to lose faith in humanity if this fails and that joker movie becomes a huge success

we live in a society ...

The lighting on Shazam when he was brought back to the lair by Sivana made it look just like something out of Kingdom Come.

>worldwide BO is $156 mil.
>Saturday drop only 4% compared to Captain Marvel's 14% and Aquaman's 23%
Yup, a total flop. Walter Hamada is already loading his gun.

This is going to launch a franchise. Joker's going to launch a societal revolution.

That he will use to shoot out a sequel? I can totally see it.

It really is especially with the fact that the kids haven't realized that they share the exact same set of powers, they just have traits that are more empathized than others, like Darla's speed

Yes actually, she really liked all of the kid actors and was invested enough in the film that she would occasionally lean over to ask me “He’s okay right? Did he save them?” and stuff like that. The video game joke with Eugene, the whole “When did it become night?” joke was the thing she laughed at hardest, her nephew plays games just like that and she complains about it often.
Yea, but the guard running away and Thad punching the screen, while it was funny, it wasn’t exactly light hearted. Like, I get where you’re coming from man, but I don’t really agree. Sure, by hard R rating standards that scene was extremely tame, but given the tone of the first of the film I’d say it was pretty dark and jarring. If I had been like 11 or 12 watching this that scene would have freaked me the fuck out like the Spider Gremlin used to in Gremlins 2.

Aw man, my friends wanted to leave bevore the credits ended and now I missed it, even though I liked it when we saw mister mind bevore.
The movie was fun but silvana and the sins were the weakest part in my opinion.

Attached: C6eAGDwhCk4.png (300x250, 17K)

Yeah it was fun, but it really lacks of ambition and money.
I think kids would love it. It's a nice christmas movie.

And the adult black girl was hot

If anything the tone of the second half the film was baby Disney Channel original movie tier stuff compared to the later half. The sins became completely inept non-threats after the one scene we got to show they were capable of being threats.

Oh good then maybe it might break even by the time Endgame crushes it though it's doubtful seeing as word of mouth everywhere outside the US is terrible

Not make any kind of profit mind you just break even.

*compared to the first half

I saw it with my severly autistic little bro. He can barley speak, and was mad about how scary it was. But he liked it a lot after thinking about it. Sometimes thats how a movie can stick with you. It's a roller coaster ride, unexpected twists like the best movies.

Youre a silly willy, I like you, keep shitposting

Yeah, that was my main gripe with the ending. Why would the sins be just tossing people off a ferris wheel when they were literally biting heads off earlier?

Aw, that's so cool. I wish the best for your aunt.

Thanks user! She’s doing great

>Power of Hope
This so much

>better than Ant-Man in most countries
>better than Guardians of the Galaxy in some

the original projections Ladderbro was spamming were 40 million, then he started saying 15 million (!)
now he's unhinged

It was supposed to make 150 million worldwide. It lost 20 million in China. That means it overperformed in 28 million in the rest of the world.

Also Superman/Shazam: First Thunder

I know who he is and only really know him from that weekly DC series. What are some recs for him?

Cape knowledgelet here
Why are there toys of Batman and Superman in a supposed shared universe where all three heroes exist?

If you think about it, Wonder Woman probably has a "boss' daughter" type vibe for Billy, given Zeus gave him some of that lightning.

because they're public domain

Bruce/Batman doesn't seem like the type of guy who'd like his image to be sold for toys, but eh, I can accept that. It's not like he can do anything about it without seeming suspicious.

Initially I thought it was abiut the music, and still do, but that would actually kind of make sense... He does wanna be a /fit/ bro after all.

>The nerdy kid who makes vidya references is the asian

Wew, racist much? His hadouken and fatality scream were really good though.

Is Batman gonna take them to court?

Kingpin made millions off Spider-Man's image on the ultimate universe just to spite him.
Makes sense to have hero merchandise when they're the ultimate celebrities

Won't even come near Carol's $1bil

Like said, he probably can't do it in a way that doesn't make him look suspicious.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

if the next movie doesn't end with him going to court and getting the chair, then this series is ruined for me.

Was there a reason they went with super strong Sivana instead of super science Sivana? I'm just worried now that any sequel will feel too familiar. They basically gave him the same flying brick as Black Adam or IBAC.

This was basically New 52 Shazam issue but with no Adam and only Sivana.

it wouldn't exactly be hard for Sivana to discredit Billy as he was when he first got the powers and stop him from using his powers but Sivana is more of 'I do what I want because I'm brilliant guy' than a 'Use the systems of society to shackle the hero' which is more of a Luthor thing

Gotta check aftercredits.com/ before you go to these types of movies.

I forget to do it every time, but I remembered yesterday and caught both scenes. Didn't open the spoilers, so I was a little disappointed one of the scenes wasn't a Teth Adam teaser. :(

Super heroe mlves have hard time habving a good ending sequence. Look at WW and Aquaman wiht their monologues and posing dramatically to end the movie. So cheesy in a bad way.

This one had a good ending gag at least.

I still think Pic Related on the screen was the best reference in the movie

Attached: 220px-RaidenMKXrender.png (220x258, 90K)

>This is what Laddercucks actually believe a bomb is

Attached: 1554383483989.gif (480x324, 2.56M)

How can Carol even compete?

Attached: TheSuccessOfSolo.png (348x312, 14K)

Besides it being the New52 thing, it also translates better visually, specially in this modern age of superhero films where every movie needs to climax with a big fight/catastrophe.
I still liked the personal grudge approach to him, that allow everything to be more personal and didn't resort to pointless destruction or the so feared blue beam from the sky.
And the more classic Sivana is kinda teased in the mid credits sequence. I so fucking hope we get a sequel now.

>pathetic
Funny you of all people should use that word.

The funny thing about the Shazam reception over there is that their main criticism seems to be that it's "too childish", when they fucking love Transformers over there.
I would even say Aquaman is actually more childish than Shazam.