THOSE Tropes

>Character can regenerate or resurrect himself
>Dies once per day
>Everyone else get scratches

Attached: 1494798192350.png (960x776, 981K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GFUPGrBH7gU
youtube.com/watch?v=c_CPXhoMolI
youtube.com/watch?v=PnhrCOr759g
youtu.be/jhmEo-46vUQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> one-dimensional villain finally gets some depth and forms an interesting bond with the hero
>they forget about it at the end of the episode for some bullshit reason, because status quo must remain
Fuck Nu Ben 10 and BH6 for doing this shit.
Status quo in general fucking sucks. Every show should evolve in some way, otherwise, they become stale and boring.

Attached: extreme rage.jpg (284x177, 23K)

>it's a spin off episode that follows characters WAYYY better than the usual main cast

>Character A tries to tell Character B something important
>Character B ignores them
>Character B figures it out
>"Character A, why didnt you say something?!?"

Attached: 1519365034259.jpg (600x419, 35K)

>”maturity” arc for a female character
>she cuts her hair short

Attached: F3BC1A80-07C2-4AD1-A808-0BF6C8AA859D.png (1228x1150, 191K)

>An Evil Character shows up and starts trouble.
>He looks like MC.
>People and friends don't know it's not him.
>MC gets hurt and has to save the day alone.

Attached: PSX_20190331_204528.jpg (577x398, 55K)

>the antagonist who made all the bad things on the series gets killed just to bring a stupid piece of shit Thanos wannabe for some reason
Dattlebayo?

Attached: whenyourdaugthereatstheglass.jpg (2048x1152, 171K)

You forgot

>Evil MC has a very obvious difference from the MC and the cast doesn't figure it out.

Same shit but for characters that are super durable, even when the fuckers have super speed they get hit all the time while the normies are evasion masters.

Attached: 1550559906285.png (598x369, 387K)

>character shows some special talent/power
>it never gets acknowledged again

Attached: 1553555713021.jpg (480x360, 18K)

That too. It's so stupid. Especially when a smart Character falls for it.

Not Yea Forums, but
>EVERY
>SINGLE
>TIME
>THIS
>MOTHERFUCKER
>AND
>HIS
>CLAN
>OF
>SICK
>SHITS
>ITS
>THAT
>EXACT
>SAME
>TROPE

Attached: dont abuse me daddy.png (1280x726, 730K)

The Justice League cartoon was a big culprit of this. A group of enemies would come in shooting and miss every shot except for the one that hit Superman. Funny enough though, in the "team-building" episode, the team gets on Superman's case for taking hits that he could obviously dodge. His excuse was so that someone else on the team didn't have to since he could take it.

Sounds like every marvel Character.

>team's psychic or magic user faints all the time

>tough character cracks under pressure/faints whenever they see blood

I fucking hate brainwashing and clones. Brainwashing because it's a lazy way of creating a villain from an already existing character, and clones because it just instantly makes things more confusing. I tried to read all of Amazing Spider-Man recently, and once they get to the clones, instantly I lost all interest

Creepy little girls, in any medium
There's nothing creepy about them but so many people react to them like they're some eldritch inducer of pants-shitting, they're just so stock and cliche
Bonus points if they're accompanied by a nursery thyme because boooo baa baa black sheep is so scary

Attached: 1552229413856.jpg (500x333, 15K)

Cartoon is a show to fill time slot and sell toys. Not to tell an overarching story

>opposite sex platonic friends
>someone catches them being affectionate in a platonic matter
>DAAW you two look like a couple!
>female character starts acting like a total cunt, or says something wildly offensive publicly in order to deny the allegation
>because not being mistaken for a couple was more important than hurting your friend

>Ladies man character drops all the goddamn spaghetti just before he can get some ass.

>For most of the show, the ability is OP and it appears as though nothing can stop him
>Later on in the show, the villains start to give him a challenge
>Healer starts to experience challenges he's never been put through before like his body taking longer to heal after sustaining one of the worst beatings he's ever suffered, healing the wrong way, or having the energy used to heal himself also take a toll on his other abilities
I respect any plot that tries to keep their OP characters from becoming completely invincible.

>character can read and manipulate minds
>tries to either read or manipulate the mind of a particular entity or monster and gets mentally incapacitated after doing so
Every single goddamn time. What's even the point of giving a character mind raping abilities if they just pass out after trying to mind rape a villain?

Attached: manhunter mad.jpg (1280x720, 685K)

>Villain has the power of absorbing elements like fire, kai energy, etc.
>lol just feed him until he explodes!
Although I always find this trope fun to watch in action, I'm sure some of you guys are tired of it no?

>male character and female character get mistaken for a couple
>they decide to take advantage of it

Attached: tenor.gif (280x358, 3.06M)

>Little Girl
>always right
>never gets in trouble, even when she's being a shit
>never gets hurt
>super smart, smarter than even adult females
>incredible talents that come and go per episode

The joke is that most little girls fall to tears if you say their hair looks ugly or shove them, but adults let them misbehave because they're JUST SO CUTE~

Louis?

Oh fuck off with that

>character with instakill ability gets introduced
>never ever uses it against a major character
Why even introduce the character in the first place

Louis
Lisa Simpson
Anais
Sarah (EEnE)
Haylee (American Dragon)

There are more, I'm sure. Occassionally these characters have their comeuppance, some are less annoying than others but usually they're fucking bulletproof.

I was just playing Tales from the Borderlands and this shit happened THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME LONG. Every time someone asks about Jack in your brain, I chose the option to tell them about it. I was always truthful. But every fucking time the characters are all "why didnt you tell me?! I cant believe youd keep this a secret!!" Bruh the game didnt give me the option to tell you until now, get the fuck over it. I have no guilt, you're just yelling at the dumbass game dev's and I agree.

>character cuts their hair
>character meets up with their friends
>"hey, you're not (insert character name here)!"
>"what did you do with (insert character name here)?"

Attached: 1534370875893.gif (268x185, 1.43M)

Piccolo always lost an arm during fights and that basically happened to no one else

Aladdin.

>Don't worry, I'll just have to use my-AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

>ultra mega strong character who can one shot villains is another setting or is incapacitated or otherwise not available to help out the team

Fucking superman doesnt need to be in the justice league because hes either
>having an Identity crisis
>on apokolips
>is depowered
>etc

Every single Avengers movie, conflicts only happen when Thor is gone. Whether it's the Hulk fishtank, or just completely missing from Civil War, or in space for Infinity War. The only reason any of those movies happen is because Thor isnt there so end the entire thing by himself.

It's not like other DB characters were immune from damage. Like that time 18 broke Vegeta's arm, or Dr. Gero stabbed Yamcha through the chest, they just had senzu beans to fix them up instead of regeneration.

Even when he can stop the villain he doesnt go for the head

Hopefully theres gonna be a big satisfying thor and thanos fight in endgame

To a lesser extent tho almost any other Avenger joining another's would completely shift things

I get the need for solo movies/issues/stories, it's old hat by now for complaints

But yeah I wish we could get a series of marvel shorts where they do skits about how the individual solo mcu movies would go if Thor was along for the ride

More Yea Forums then Yea Forums, but
>Setting has many powerful individuals
>So powerful that they can destroy buildings and level towns, if not, cities (or worse planets) with a single blow
>Said scenario happens several times

How can any world in such a setting exist?
Any ONE mo-fo can destroy SEVERAL buildings faster than one CREW can build ONE building.

>Villain could easily defeat the MC
>Villain literally has the MC down with their posse with no help coming for the MC
>Villain just walks away and lets the MC go.

Do people seriously still post like this and expect anyone to listen? It's like typing out emoticons at this point, everyone knows you're an insufferable cunt so why bother.

I'm actually willing to accept this trope so long as the characters involved are teens or younger.

>character says something mildly complex
>"UH IN ENGLISH PLEASE"

Attached: 1525389711935.jpg (775x555, 108K)

user, children barely play with toys anymore. It’s all about the vidyas now.

Meh, just works
Cranky

Well it got (you) to screech, so yeah I guess so

I was this to be the plan and then they dont explode and the heroes fucked themselves just once.

You typing out the parenthesis and accusing literally anyone else ITT of screeching at the same time is true cringe.

>he hates short haired cuties
lmao

You can still fill the time slot and sell toys with constantly evolving storylines.
Hell, if anything, shows that constantly change the status quo would be more profitable since you can sell multiple versions of the same character ( if it´s a redeemed villain, pre and post redemption versions)

>BH6
What happened in BH6?

This is honestly realistic

>character acts differently from the rest of his family
>they make fun of him
>character turns into a school shooter later on

Attached: RG0ezMHW_400x400.jpg (359x359, 24K)

k

>Final "boss" of the series is a league of villains.
>They are the same villains from the previous sagas, instead of creating a new op villain.

Attached: ux08lX4.gif (120x120, 429K)

>character finds out they're adopted
>acts like their adopted family doesn't matter anymore and wants to go on a journey to find their "real" family

Attached: 1526613649614.png (320x364, 200K)

>Hero's power is the power of friendship
>Villains team up and become friends
>Heroes still beat them because of the power of friendship.

Has this ever happened?

I know its Yea Forums but they did this to Piccolo so god damn much in the ToP. Everyone else gets some scuff marks, closes and eye, and maybe drools a bit. But Piccolo gets his fucking arms blown off every 5 minutes to show how hard core their opponents are.

Attached: 1350326970648.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

>character constantly pesters sibling
>always gets what they want
>"but (other character) this is super important to me, you should give up the thing you want so i can get what i want"
>no arc
>literally the worst character
>omg XD rainbow sparkles #imjustsoquiky!
>never has anything bad happen to them
>constantly a cunt
>never changes

Attached: 1554267013125.jpg (2668x2169, 1.25M)

Has there ever been a version of this where they let their hair grow longer or something?

Hey! Did you know that the Japanese consider long hair an age of maturity and traditional womanhood? That means that short haired girls are more energetic, and adventurous? So a girl cutting their hair is indicative of them embracing a wilder, less directed lifestyle. While a girl growing her hair out is indicative of putting their tomboy ways in the past, and settling down.

Excuse me sweaty
youtube.com/watch?v=GFUPGrBH7gU

Attached: OAvYdYOmhOlWPpx-800x450-noPad.jpg (800x450, 63K)

Don't forget about characters like Masha, Vanellope or Mindy.

But you wouldnt be able to air the episodes in any order.

Wanna know a trope I really fucking hate? I don't know exactly what to call the trope but How to Train Your Dragon: The Show is a prime example of it. A show that tries so fucking hard to have any sense of real danger or punishment, only to just fuck itself over because you KNOW none of what's just happened had any effect on the movies. They're so incredibly cheap and useless as a bridge between actual canon media that it shouldn't exist.

Attached: 1446012950998.jpg (500x385, 63K)

>Absolutely no danger in HTTYD
>Protagonist loses leg in the end.

Read my post again, dipshit. I'm talking about the show, not the movies.

He said the show and really he probably only cares BECAUSE the movie did such a thing.
But basically the "trope" is just status quo because the show can't really alter much because they have a movie to keep in line with and the filmmakers probably can't be arsed to collaborate with the showrunners in any great effort.

>Member of hero team has something happen, either the protagonist caused it directly or wasn't able to fix it
>Has a shitfit and vows revenge, even working with the bad guy(s) that they've been helping the protagonist fight all the time before this

>Villain throws defeats the hero in combat
>Throws them off a cliff or in a river instead of just executing them

>has them in their grip
>just throws them across the room instead of strangling/crushing/ripping them in half

EVERY fight in every media does this and it bothers me always

Yeah that's become pretty obvious to me now, when the big strong guy just tosses people about instead of crushing them

>Character says something extremely simple in the most complicated way they can
>"Can you speak english please Einstein"
It's not funny, it's patronizing. Please stop.

Pssh whatever, nerdenstein.

They kinda did that in Futurama on the Star Trek episode.

>movie ends with a dance battle

Attached: niggaradio.jpg (250x241, 7K)

That was back in Z. In Z people were always getting bones broken, limbs torn (or blasted) off, lots of cuts and blood. But in Super they just get kinda scratched up. Except Namekians. Super makes them lose their arms constantly.

Attached: Piccolo MMA.jpg (600x400, 111K)

>villain is crazy
>only thing crazy about them is that they smile creepily and laugh like a maniac

Attached: im tired.png (519x533, 277K)

Super is shit, Z was already terrible but now the milking has gotten even more rancid. Bringing back Broly? Making Goku's backstory now literally just superman;s and introducing his mary-suey mother who was the one pure and good saiyan that hated fighting?

I think you're romanticizing the past again. DBZ isn't Berserk or Jojo, the violence and gore rarely went past scratches and light bleeding.

i feel like thats because its just one of the more bullshit abilities, with even dumber ways to counter it. im not too versed in marvel, but if im correct juggernaut + magneto both have some helmet that prevents professor X from just mind raping them down from any conflict. it seems like its just an ability that almost everyone has a weakness too, and the ways its countered sometimes seem just as stupid, everyone wears a tin foil hat, hes too crazy, his willpower is too strong ect ect. honestly at least i get a giggle out of AGHHHHHHH.

1. Goku's backstory has always been a 1:1 copy of Superman, you fucking casual
2. Stop saying Mary Sue because you clearly don't know what it means

A helmet that can block telepaths doesn't seem unbelievable in a comicbook universe with all their comicbook tech.

If anything it should be more common amongst anyone high ranking.

He was originally sent to Earth because all young saiyans that were weak were sent to alien planets to either die or genocide them, and was a violent little monster until he suffered crippling brain damage, fanboy.

He wasn't sent in a pod by his mom and dad to be saved.

I mean even in the real world a whole crew of people can take 9 months to construct a building but all it takes is one guy with a few explosives to level it in a day.

But it is pretty crazy in Dragonball. If Vegeta was strong enough to destroy a planet in the Saiyan Saga, then that means there's entire planets full of people strong enough to destroy their own planet. It's like if every person on Earth had their own nuke. I kinda just ignored how silly this is but in Ressurrection F it pissed me off that Frieza blew up Earth in like a second just because he was pissed. Makes you realize that whether or not the Z fighters were stronger than the villains, the villains could have ended it all in an instant just by ragequitting and blasting the ground.

Attached: Golden Homer Simpson frieza Dragon Ball Z Ressurection F.jpg (639x626, 189K)

>sarah EEnE
i mean she was a shit head who often didnt get what she deserved, but there were times if i recall she got shit slapped away. like in pebble in the shoe where ed just tells her to fuck off, and she backs down, or when the eds lock her in cage when theyre supposed to be baby sitting her. its not often, and sometimes not as hard as she deserves, but she does get her comeuppance which is more than most.

Z is terrible, the story starts falling to piece as soon as Raditz appeared and started retconning stuff in DB to actually be from Space.

>Twins worry their parents might have switched up their names as infants
>They decide to switch personalities

Attached: gangsta cody.gif (500x375, 960K)

The episode of Bob's Burgers when Bob tried to get a spot in the community garden was that for me.The episode's message came off less as "Family is the most important thing" and more as "Bob you are never ever ever allowed to have one nice thing. Even though you're constantly sacrificing for your family, they will never reciprocate."

What made it even worse is that they started off by showing that Louise ruined Bob's zester by scraping the bottom of her shoe with it.

Attached: bob burger ball gag.png (894x911, 63K)

They introduced an entire multiverse just to have throwaway universes so they can meaninglessly "Raise the Stakes".

The people writing it don't actually give a crap about the setting the series takes place in or giving it any integrity. Gotta keep raising the powerlevels and churning out new transformations.

That's pretty fucked.

Like that episode where Bart displays talent as a drummer but then gets his arm crippled by the tiger a deranged Lisa was keeping in the house.
Then instead of using the money raised to get proper surgery, the writers have him use it to open an animal sanctuary for her.

>obviously evil character joins the group
>one character doesn't trust him and immediately figures out he is evil
>rest of the team doesn't believe him or even consider the possibility
>eventually he has to save the group alone after the inevitable betrayal after being shunned by his friends

bonus point if they assume he is just jealous of the new guy.

Attached: IMG_2056.jpg (765x401, 52K)

i can agree to an extent, but imagine if the helmet was used all the time, on everyone. mind rape powers seem like they could just well mind rape literally everyone. if literally everyone had anti-mind rape helmets, then the counter becomes almost as silly as the power. i guess what im trying to say is that its not so much bullshit, as its awkward to have every villain have one where as other powers might have other ways to combat/counter it. either via fisticuffs, and or some other unique property or inherent weakness that a layman could figure out, or take advantage of. mind rape is a powerful ability that gets awkward to write around, and i just think many writers would rather AHHH there way out of it, then make a unique challenge to justify how its being countered.

Hunter X Hunter (Yes I know) had the perfect answer to how the world can still exist with freaks of nature in it. Basically, the whole thing is "yeah you may have bullshit, but nukes trump your bullshit and unlike your bullshit powers we can mass produce them."

Wondering this myself.

The Nuke thing is the one shining moment of that series.

Like imagine Baki, but when Yjiro is standing there wanking about how STRONK he is and how even American presidents grovel before him some government suicide-bomber dying of cancer just walks up and sets off a dirty bomb behind him.

youtube.com/watch?v=c_CPXhoMolI
>Tien breaks Yamcha's leg
>Piccolo rips his own arm off and tosses it aside with tons of blood gushing out
>Piccolo shoots Goku through the shoulder and Goku just lies there writing in pain and screaming as blood gushes from the wound
>Piccolo then directly attacks said wound several times, making even more blood gush out
>Goku and Raditz get impaled by Special Beam Cannon
>Nappa punches Tien's arm off
>Recoome breaks Gohan's neck
>Krillin gets impaled by Frieza's horn
>Frieza's body gets sliced apart and blood spews everywhere
>Yamcha impaled by Dr. Gero
>18 breaks Vegeta's arm
>Videl breaks Spopovich's neck
>Spopovich breaks Videl

It's no Berserk but things were waaaay more brutal than Super.

Attached: goku impaled by frieza.jpg (837x960, 76K)

and then Iron Giant ripped of Dragon Ball

It's not the only shinning moment (there are plenty in all of the other volumes), but it's the moment where Hunter X Hunter's world makes a lot more sense than stuff like Baki. Characters like Yujiro just break all sort of narrative coherence

The old Bardock tv special was never canon

>YEEHAW THAT'S IT BUCKAROO RIDE EM COWBOY

my sides

> Cell literally drains people and they animated their bodies melting and being sucked into his tail.

>villain grabs the hero
>hero is utterly powerless and is being choked, almost dead
>villain throws him
>being thrown has repeatedly been shown to have no lasting effect on the hero whatsoever
>hero takes a few seconds to recover and is now perfectly fine

>the story starts falling to piece as soon as Raditz appeared

So on literally the first three episodes? The whole series is bad just because of that?

>episode where it takes place from the main antagonist's point of view
>reveals that main character is actually an insufferable Mary Sue who wins everything for nothing
>goes back to status quo right afterwards

Attached: 1895534612151.png (304x304, 145K)

What?

I require examples.

The whole "If you kill him you'll be just like him" thing. I don't understand the use of this in case of a villain that is a) absolutely irredeemable in so many ways that he exhibits no tiny bits of redeeming qualities and b) did so many horrible things where him killing people is actually the lightest he did.

>you HAVE to take the villain alive
>right after you slaughtered your way through all of his soldiers

this only ever made sense with Senator Armstrong and Jack

>tfw symbionic titan was cancelled because they weren't selling toys

Attached: 1514877034799.jpg (1200x1200, 225K)

What toys?

Thus post was written by a psychopath who hates children

And this is even worse. Why the hell should I even at this point stop. Especially when the villain's soldiers are made up mostly of people who too don't have redeeming qualities?

NO. At this point you bloody kill the asshole even if people protest. And what happens when the asshole villain breaks out? He will resume what he did prior to being captured. I can understand Batman not wanting to kill, but then again there are characters who do kill villains but don't use this on every person. In fact they do the whole killing stuff when all other options are thrown out the window at this point and they don't seem to suddenly turn into murderous vigilantes.

Yeah. And it was pretty well made.

I remember reading it in wikipedia, following the source i found a quote from "someone" at CN:
>"Genddy's moved on to Sony Pictures Animation. Titan got competitive ratings with other action shows, but what shut it down was it didn't have enough toys connected to it. If you don't have the, the studios don't want to renew for another season."

He was joking that there effectively WERE no toys, not just that they weren't selling well

>villain couples

Attached: 1531752322107.png (990x530, 385K)

still a lil sad about it though

Attached: 1515267999790.jpg (269x493, 27K)

>AI goes rampant

Attached: 1523139941833.jpg (1080x1872, 204K)

>That actually Love each other.

Now that's a trope I'm behind

No one said THAT trope has to be a bad one

>Strongest member of the team is also the smartest

Attached: Madsen.png (530x982, 747K)

>The invulnerable character loses their power
>Or the villain has some stupid asspull wabbajack that can cut them anyway
>They are suddenly evasion masters

Attached: 1520249684996.jpg (665x574, 29K)

It doesn't take being a psychopath to hate the little buggers. Though it certainly helps.

I rolled a 'revive from death' character in a game, and I solved the problem with it rather simply. Why come up with a series of incredibly subjective contrivances when I could just have resurrecting take much too long to take advantage of? If she died doing something, she likely failed her objective. That way it serves to let the character take risks others never could but still have to.. you know.. actually fucking try. Also learn from situations in ways others cannot.

Simple elegant solution. Having to say "well this level of injury takes this long" is subjective and abusable by the story. As are knock on effects of reviving. As a reader, I always felt such reasons were good efforts to rein it in.. but not satisfying.

Attached: fdaabd6b7ec42e071258f208f3176873677898e604abfc559bdc2f96a03a22e2.jpg (632x528, 46K)

>Everyone is Japanese and understands obscure Japanese cultural quirks.

Who's Louis?

One Piece does it in right in that their are few Island Busters and most of them are either in the Government or a Pirate Empreror, both having interests in keeping the Island intact so they can control it, also they cannot swim and mostly of them can't fly so they have to hold back so they don't drown

Fatlus will never realize this

Dragon Ball had an entire series before Z.

>main character creates robutt
>"hoomans bad"
>oh golly
>robutt becomes antagonist

Attached: 1551991259243.png (292x239, 80K)

You're pretty ignorant if you don't know there was an entire show before 'z' happened.

>If Vegeta was strong enough to destroy a planet in the Saiyan Saga
That was filler.

No, not the part when he was going to do it to Earth because he was so salty at getting beat up.

Power creep is shit in both anime and comics.

Man Bulma has gotten ugly

This. I fucking hate how mental illnesses are romantisized in media

I wonder about that part myself. What definition of destroy is working here? Cause causing an extinction level event might be possible at his power tier.

Japan is fucked up.

Saiyan children being sent to weak worlds as a test if they are even worth letting live when low-class was though, Raditz explains it when he shows up on Earth to collect Kakarot.

>Character throws a boomerang
>Misses target
>Target watches boomerang fly away
>*snort*
>YOU MISSED
>Character looks right at camera, raises eyebrow
>Oh...
>DID I?
>Boomerang somehow magically CHANGES COURSE and RETURNS via some unknown TRICK OF PHYSICS that probably has a NAME
>Hits target, who has never heard of the incredibly obscure weapon known as a boomerang

Manga still was more violent than anime. In the original Piccolo saga, when Tambourine killed Krillin, his pose clearly indicated he snapped his neck. The other Tenkaichi martial artists also were killed in ways that made sense. In the anime, he just kinda punches them so hard they die.

Louise from Bob's burgers I'm guessing?

I mean, boomerangs don't really work they way they do in reality as they do in fiction.

In comparison a yoyo is a more practical weapon, since it boils down to swinging around a lump of metal or plastic on a string.

>BH6
But Globby joined the heros in the season finale.

>villain is a mere second away from murdering the hero to death
>hero's allies arrive
>"Damn, guess you're safe this time."
>the time it takes the villain to say this line could have been used to finish the hero and run

Attached: 1545278087275.png (732x524, 329K)

Smarter writers have the allies do something like launch an attack which the villain had to dodge instead.

Boomerangs as weapons are not intended to return to sender. They are meant to arc and smash into the side of the neck to knock the target out. The idea of it going straight forward and straight back is ridiculous. It is a hunting weapon. They barely fucking work, but it basically snaps emu necks when it does. It doesn't kill though so you gotta drop a big rock on the fucker after.

>shitty public school has some ultra-rich kid(s) attending instead of them going to a private one

Rich popular kids are the devil, who else are we going to make the bully antagonists shitting on our quirky MCs?

>character has a power or ability that would have helped out in countless instances.
>only used once or twice when the plot needs it.

Toriyama based Goku off of Superman. Dude was a bit of a westaboo back in the day. He even made a gag character for Dr. Slump.

Attached: msasr3kei4iet5ls77rjbajmfs74xcsx_hq.jpg (826x640, 45K)

>magic user gets knocked out by a sneak attack
Stop, it's annoying

To be fair, look at Thanos in the MCU, he doesn't act like the cliche crazy bonkers character, so people think his half the universe plan being extremely flawed is stupidity or just plain bad writing, instead of a crazy character having a crazy solution to a problem.

Forget about Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga. He is at least an elite fighter in Frezers empire even if he was ridiculously weak compared to Frezer.
Roshi in the first tournament was strong enough to blow up the moon. Blowing up the fucking moon was his solution to Goku turning into a giant monkey. And Earth is supposed to be so weak that baby Goku can take it over by himself.

>Wealth, Intelligence and Physical Strength BAD
>Jus B yourself
It's alright sometimes but it can get really annoying and patronizing when it doesn't push to be the best you can be naturally.
Obviously don't use steroids and adderal to commit tax fraud but get off your ass once in a while to do something productive.
Steven actually didn't do the money thing, but everything else with character development seems backwards and stagnating except for Pearl and Amythest.

Attached: 1475779627268.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Baby Goku wouldn't have been able to destroy humanity.

For one thing he got most of his strength from being trained by Earth masters.

Even in his gorilla form he's not unstoppable, the likes of Roshi or Kami would have stopped him.

I fucking hate brainwashing in general
makes me uncomfortable as hell

That's the worst of Toriyama's reoccouring 'jokes'.
In that one character does something physically impressive and everyone around them overreacts in a wacky way.
It was stupid in the series after Dragonball people were acting like they had never seen ki attacks at a world tournament before, when in the old day actual monster people used to compete (which also stopped appearing as random Earthlings as the manga continued, only generic humans for what is most likely laziness on Toriyama's part).

yeah and its full of demons and shit
earth is more scary than it looks

Not by Z, they make it super dull after Raditz appears and everything is revealed to being from space.

Toriyama is too senile to remember stuff like setting details so he makes it more like regular Earth.

Attached: launchplague.png (1280x720, 500K)

Yeah, with Superman it kinda makes sense since he’s not only super durable but super fast. Plus, it’s gotta at least bit demoralizing watching some dude just walk through your attacks.

Fucking Parasite is always the victim of this, despite allowing him to absorb 5th Dimensional power, apparently an overflow of energy from like 5 superheroes is too much for him.

This gravity falls we're talking about?

I wanna see this happen but the character just fucks off after stopping the bad guy, never forgiving the team

The comics usually fix this by having everybody be as OP as him. Flash is wat faster and can steal his speed, MM is just as strong with god-like mindhax, Green Lantern at full strength can contend with Superman level threats, Batman being Batman, Aquaman being way buffed, Wonder Woman being faster and having magical weapons that can harm anyone etc.

But in extended media they always nerve everyone else, so Superman is always the strongest, even though someone like Dr Fate and Shazam should be able to handle him themselves.

It’s about to happen in the show we cannot name.

Supernatural would've ended 14 seasons ago if anything that picked them up would've just snapped their necks

Okay this is more Yea Forums related.
>horror movie
>killer wears a mask
>*le spooky head tilt*

Attached: 1546994995304.jpg (290x299, 15K)

I remembered that happened in Terminator Salvation, when a T-600 had John Connor and instead of crushing his face on he just lightly throws him across the battlefield, despite being a killer robot DESIGNED to crush people skulls.

Martian Manhunter is ridiculous, he has all of Superman's powers plus a dozen more, some of them super broken.

That's why he's reduced in stuff like the cartoon to just trying to read someones mind and being incapacitated by some bullshit, because his combined powerset is otherwise too ridiculous.

>character super power is healing
>dies or only used at the ass end of the adventure
it's sad that it is better to be a guy that punches hard than it is to be able to heal

Attached: Eugene_Thompson_%28Earth-616%29_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Venom_Inc._Alpha_Vol_1_1_001.jpg (1988x3056, 1.61M)

>with Superman it kinda makes sense
No when he ends up jobbing most of the time because of it.

This is a real-world trope

>>Character can regenerate or resurrect himself
>>Dies once per day
The comic Goblins has a subversion of this with a character that NEEDS to die once a day or she's dead for good. That comic is shit but every now and then it has nice ideas.

Welcome to the current american family
>man lives for himself
>man meets a woman
>man settles down for her
>man has kids for her
>man sacrifices his time for his family
>man provides everything for his family
>man just wants to see his family happy
>man buys his wife nice gifts, takes his family on vacation, buys his kids toys and nice things all the time
>man wants something for himself, something he can call his
>suddenly man is being selfish
>suddenly man and his family cannot afford it
>suddenly man is "childish"
>the best man will get is to be confined to the basement or the garage, his "mancave"
>man gets old
>man dies living a life of sacrifice

I don't understand why characters with healing super powers don't just go become doctors or something. I feel like they could help more people that way.

Reminder the only reason humans aren't as strong as Goku and Vegeta is because they are lazy as fuck and never train

Attached: 32.jpg (800x1200, 288K)

>Bonus points if they're accompanied by a nursery thyme
LAA LA LAAA LA LAAAAA
youtube.com/watch?v=PnhrCOr759g

Fuck you, that’s adorable

no, user! it's supposed to be creepy! CREEPY!
ARE YOU SHITTING YOUR PARENTS IN HORROR YET?

>Shitting your parents
No, user, I don’t do those things, and I’m feeling sorry for your parents that you do

No, that's complete bullshit.

Tien does NOTHING BUT train, but still he's the ultimate jobber.

Roshi being able to last even a second is complete nonsense and pandering to nostalgiafags, just like bringing back freiza.

>evil little girl character
>calls people toys and says she wants to play

Attached: 1544346736411.png (640x480, 400K)

Tien train the wrong way

Attached: 26.jpg (800x1200, 229K)

Where was all this 'training' when the saiyans, showed up on Earth? Or King Cold and his robot son? Or during the Cell Games?

Honestly it looks like Thanos wouldn’t have any chance whatsoever. We already saw that Thor can kick his shit in even with all 6 infinity stones. Although seeing him get BTFO’d in endgame would be incredibly satisfying.

Didnt Tien lose an arm at one point against Nappa?

>human characters can take bone shattering impacts and stand upright afterwards
>high tech robotics are smashed into pieces from the same impact

Attached: 1553152990221.jpg (500x500, 156K)

I fucking hate the Batman wank

>>man settles down for her
>>man has kids for her
These two are completely on the man as they're major life changes he could easily opt out of if he didn't want them.

It was the time of the new generation. Same reason why Goku didn't kill fat Buu. It was time for the kids to take care of the bad guy.

Attached: 0173612f0b9df4bf040bec6458cf99f4.jpg (848x480, 58K)

>Villain abandons his perfect plan to rescue his companion
I love this so much but I've seen it maybe once.

I remember it in Pinky and the Brain

What about when he was nothing compared to King Piccolo and died?

More Yea Forums but...

>protagonist
>is bestowed godlike power by *insert means of plot*
>spineless “GOLLY GEE I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO” coward and stays like that even after episodes upon episodes of character development which is thrown out the window for reasons unknown

Big Hero 6 the series is pretty good with that, with Fred feigning intelligence and getting the others to explain things again.

"Oh, I know what you mean, but I'm not sure Hiro does, could you explain it to him?"

>wild, often mythical, creature is tamed
>immediately behaves like cat or dog regardless of what it's previous behavior was like

Attached: 1551773653251.png (445x457, 332K)

that's why I hate it

Attached: 1554283024666.png (250x293, 27K)

Toriyama doesn't remember early Dragon Ball

>character dies on panel
>it was all a fakeout on the enemy

Attached: damian-wayne.jpg (624x510, 132K)

>series has designated trustworthy, overly honest, and excessively polite character
>new character that is shown to be two faced scumbag gets witnessed by trusty character
>trusty character tells others
>nobody believes him

Attached: 1552882489566.gif (225x234, 655K)

oh this one is really bad, I hate it too unless it's clearly played for comedy

Mindless evil, like the guy doing all the talking in pic related. I half expect this guy to explain that he's drinking freshly-squeezed puppy blood. Where are all these sociopaths supposed to come from? And it's not just comics (though worst there), I see it around; fantasy literature is full of these people. It's like they've been given the opportunity to not have to worry about ethics, and are reveling in it. Basic common sense should have the guy in this picture reducing the subject's pain, if only for the look of the thing to the team he's working with.

Attached: BBE8894B-D0F1-46D0-91DA-8214D5EFD8C3.jpg (125x96, 3K)

Posting pictures for ants is evil?

>Where are all these sociopaths supposed to come from? And it's not just comics
Did he set up the president's daughter's womb to implode if they tried to abort the child he planted there using her brother's sperm?

Sauce?

Immortal Ant

Cool thanks. Seems freaky

>Ant Man 2
>Ghost immediately kills someone by phasing through them
>Never does it again

>First time in a long time someone's earnestly thanked me for giving sauce
I can't let you walk away now, it's actually Immortal Hulk.

Nah dude, that’s my favorite trope. Like when Jason ripped some dudes arm off, but the body went flying, so he just stares at the arm and tilts his head comedically, I die laughing.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that

I’m pretty sure calling Batman a “unpowered normal human” is a fucking joke at DC, because this guy has survived buildings blowing up in his face and walks out with a slight limp.

NP, I'll take it a step further.
Here are the threads
(the page that user was referencing )

Dammit. Trying again.
If it doesn't work, go here:

Attached: 5CA4943E-4332-482B-A672-42C0EB95E6A2.jpg (3975x3056, 2.39M)

do meta tropes count?

>antagonist is not depicted as outright evil, though willing to employ any means necessary to an end
>writer presents antagonist motivation with sound logic that is backed by their ideology which had been shaped by their life experiences
>protagonist never really argues the point and just insists they have to be stopped
>writer suddenly realizes they were just wanking themselves off mentally by writing a good villain and don't know how to follow through
>antagonist now has to be written to actually be a dumb evil psycho moron who didn't actually believe what they were saying and is bad
>protagonist is ultimately in the right as a result without actually doing anything

Attached: 1481590160523.jpg (600x637, 43K)

Why is Adam Jensen a nerd?

Is... is this supposed to be a sendup of him? I hate the trope enough already, is somebody including it for raw hate of the real-life person?

It's definitely Bill Lumbergh levels of exaggerated asshole on Ewing's part, but it is justified in the very page.
He doesn't see the point of delaying the project's efficiency of schedule for several days just for the subject's comfort with no actual benefit to the project after.

They're black site too so that man isn't going to walk out of there when they're done, once they're done replicating him they're like disposing of him so others can't repeat or counteract the process.
So giving him momentary comfort is sort of pointless.

Though really it should have just came as a succinct order from Fortean not to bother instead of a mocking dismissal from Clive. Though I guess him putting one of the staff on custodian duty just for sympathizing with victims of their voyeurism already introduced his cold nature so they didn't want to be redundant.

line 2 and i already knew it was gravity falls, fucking mabel.

Theres nothing wrong with a character just being evil. Not everyone has to have a reason or a tragic backstory.

Classic defenders in a nutshell

Cry sum moar into your D&D 3.5 handbook casterfag

>ancient evil
>jobs to some teenagers

An ancient evil bursting to the surface and getting owned by modern forces is pretty great.

Evil, sure. No backstory- dissapointing, but ok. Puppy-raping, mocking-the-idea-of-kindness evil, though? That should cut off any person at the knees, crippling their ability to get things done. On a pragmatic level! what is 'good' is that which is productive; there's a teason that 'good' means both 'virtuous' and 'functional'. This mindlessly evil type of character shouldn't be anywhere but in a prison cell, for kicking babies as a teenager. Somebody with this lack of self-control or social function shouldn't have any power. If you say 'well heks a genius' I would counter that this is sub-autistic levels of social functionality; where did he go to school? Prison? It breaks my suspension of disbelief.

The only functional character ever depicted this way is Carnage. He started in prison- where somebody like that would basically automatically be- and his paradigm isn't dependent on people giving him as much as the time of day.

I read had a story where a species had mind control.
They encountered humans, but since humans had evolved in a completely different universe the human mind had zero defenses against mind attacks. This had the side effect of ANY kind of mind meddeling being fatal for humans, since our minds would crumble under the slightest mind control pressures.
And the species gained no benefit from killing humans, since they weren't enemies but were seeking to exploit them. Being dead, humans could no longer be exploited.

it's okay user. you can say steven universe

But what if the reverse

Attached: 1331706389327.jpg (1564x776, 134K)

It's cool and can be done well.
The problem is not to make humans too OP in this setting.
With the other story, humans were actually quite fragile. Every one of the alien species could kill human beings quite easily. The problem was that this had no benefit to them and it forced them to cooperate with the humans.
Humans also gained some prominence in this story, since no human could be manipulated with mind control. So they had a lot of tactical importance to the rest of the universe.
Sure, a human could be killed by psychic energy, but they could not be made to do something or reveal information.
Humans could be manipulated or threatened to do things, but since the aliens solely relied on their abilities for so long, they were woefully unnequiped to manipulate in those ways.

>jobbing in general

Attached: dog punch.png (325x300, 87K)

Jobbing is a necessary evil, because it is used to build up threats. I could argue it's not even bad in itself.

>"I'm no longer that person."
>Puts on hair extensions.

>butters episodes

>All world leaders now have to wear a helmet at all times.
>If they don't they get arrested on sight because they are probably mind controlled.
>Countries where leaders don't wear helmets at all times are marginalised and joked about constantly.
No comic book has the balls to do this.

>too wounded to fight
>Here let me pick you up by the arm
>fine now

>casual sex
>he cums inside

Voltron?

so fucking true

>Turns out the human body regenerates 80 times faster when it is standing up.
>That is why doctors reccomend bed rest, so they can milk your money for weeks.

Attached: 1553390431341.gif (408x281, 816K)

In marvel, people have more low-key psi-blockers, is what I want to say, but a quick google for citation brought nothing. Does anybody out there know what I'm thinking?

I admit full bias from TF2's entertainingly exaggerated style, but it still sort of works here because we're given the impression Pyro's at sensory odds over what's really happening around and what's imagined.

So when left with a fixed real world view of things we see there is some reaction sometimes when a scream is too loud and long to be a giggle.

I want to see an inversion of this where its
>Character A tells character B about something crazy that happened to them
>Character B: That story is so outrageous and so improbable that I can't think of anyone dumb enough to even use it as a lie.
>Character B: ...Which must mean it's true.

>That plans is so crazy that it just might...
>KILL us all you dumb idiot! Now does anyone have a real idea?

>Character opens right to the middle of a giant book
>"Chapter 1..."

Attached: bca087add634b54aaa3c7c411de714c8---things-happy-things.jpg (535x500, 28K)

Just like those books in videogames which are opened by the PC to the middle and only contain a couple of paragraphs at most.

Those books just have really long prefaces and appendixes.
People in videogames are apparently very meticulous.

>Typing very fast
>"I'm hacking the mainframe!"

god damn thats a mouth for honeycomb if ive seen one.

Jobbing is bad when the same characters job all the time and when only the powerful characters job just to make the "normal" characters look cool and badass (Batman wank)

>its a prequel
>plot twist where it contradicts the original
>it was an alternate timeline all along

This
It's one of the most unrealistic and frustrating tropes out there!

Attached: Fat Albrer's Fucking Pissed!.jpg (960x960, 69K)

GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

was it gargoyles?

what you just wrote is way better than when they just shit out another bad guy

>male characters crossdressing
>they enjoy it
Why do you put your fetish in your cartoon?

>introducing his mary-suey mother who was the one pure and good saiyan that hated fighting?
How the fuck is she a Mary Sue you illiterate mongoloid? Her whole schtick is that she was so weak they just used her to prepare food. Do you even know what Mary Sue means or are you just parroting it because you don't like a character that was on the screen for about seven minutes at the most?

Don't act like you wouldn't do the same thing.

Attached: hits pipe.png (1920x1080, 170K)

Seem pretty salty that someone impugned your waifu.

A N T S

maybe, it's been many years

>Introduce a new character that challenges the group dynamic in some way, either they overshadow someone in their niche, attract away the love interest, are just generally a likable person which makes an MC jealous
>Half assed wrap up has it revealed they're a fraud and the MC's apparent pettiness is irrelevant.

But Bob got the plot by doing a favor for Logan and his mom, two people who Louise and Linda hate, and have caused trouble for his family in the past.

Bob ignored the feelings of his family so he could get his garden plot( granted his feelings get ignored often enough as well) But he still didn't just try to have something of his own, he also sacrificed his Wife and his Daughter's happiness to get it.

>Cutting onions results in delicate sobbing and very 'soft' movements

Would a bomb even kill him? Spec gets shot with special bullets and doesn't even get a scratch ffs.

nah,pretty sure its directly stated nukes wouldnt kill him.

That's some dumb wank.

How tiny of a Japanese penis can the mangaka even have.

In HxH, it was the radioactivity that killed the ant king. Would a specifically dirty bomb kill him?

dont think so, at one point they said yujiro is immune to cancer and aids and no disease can kill him.pretty sure a dirty bomb would be as useless as anything else.

So the writing is as bad as the art? The dude has some sort of fetish for tumors right.

>evil version of the MC is just a palette swap

Attached: getImg.php?img=29548.jpg (250x359, 59K)

Read more true crime stories.

Criminals will use atrocity both to protect their interests and ensure control of their organization; fear of retribution is absolutely a major component of keeping criminal organizations functional, and that often means the occasional show of force.

In this case the General knows one of his researchers has a potentially dangerous level of sympathy for gamma monsters. By forcing her to be a part of the crime of torturing this man because taking a few days to fix the systems is a waste of time, he's not just cowing her, he's investing her into the criminal enterprise. That's why so many gang imitations involve killing someone, it's psychological and legal insurance against betrayal.

>The name of the evil MC is just evil plus the (name of the MC)

The way I see it is that if they killed the hero right then and there with the allies showing up, they probably wouldn't hold anything back and just murder the villain

to be fair,it could have been a mistranslation (since wild fang is infamous for that) so it has a pretty good chance of being false.

>New Protagonist/Antagonist/Character Design
>Shits on previous incarnation to seem cooler

Seldom charming.

I fucking love this
>It's a worse costume too

Attached: green-ranger_mighty-morphin-power-rangers_gallery_5c4bfa075ef66.jpg (750x1000, 145K)

>Liking gay cowboys
Fuck You!

Attached: 5807320-goku__goku_black_collab_w__al3x796_by_eymsmiley-dagnibx.png (1600x1900, 830K)

Attached: this is the power of mspaint.png (400x300, 270K)

>evil MC also has black or red in their design

Attached: Z.jpg (170x297, 15K)

I lile that one collection of greentext where its aliens freaking out about how insanely tenacious humans can be

>evil verison of the MC always has the superior design even if it's a palette swap
Every time

I'm still sympathetic for Bob though. First of all, Logan and his mom were only go to be at the restaurant temporarily so it just comes across as Louise and Linda not being able to handle the slightest bit of tension. It's not like they were in any danger because Logan and his mom were nothing more than slight nuisances. Second, even though Bob is portrayed as selfish for being in the garden it's actually a constructive hobby to have since I assume he'll be able to grow food in order to operate his business and by extension support his ungrateful family.

Have you considered that maybe they take more damage because they know they can take it, so they go all out instead if being reserved like their more fragile companions?
It's like the swimout from GATTACCA

Post it.

Cozy doesn't actually understand friendship. None of them do

>its a power of friendship power boost
>asspulls in general

>ANY animal companion is a dog

Even in fucking BIONICLE movie they had an ussal crab panting with a big hanging tongue and acting like a dog

>evil version of the MC wears a black outfit

Attached: goku vs black.webm (640x480, 1.63M)

>Villain has a sympathetic motivation or goal
>Certain viewers ignore context and their other actions words and thoughts to unironically say "X was right/the real hero"
>especially when their grandstanding is an outright lie when you view the subtext
Every fucking time

>show has a character or thing that gets shit on under the guise of "satire"
>less of a clever parody and more resembling a bitter revenge fantasy as the author takes out his pent up rage on someone or something that pisses him off with a long-winded speech or excessive violence

Attached: Lars%20Back%20Away%20Slowly.gif (200x200, 252K)

Killmonger in a nutshell

Syndrome
Loki
Nuada
etc

>Nature good Technology bad

Attached: BEGONE.jpg (720x450, 91K)

>character is in a fight
>losing REALLY badly
>"i cant give up! i can still win!"
>ass pulls a victory cause "determination"
pic related is one of the only things i can think of where this overused trope actually ends realistically.

Attached: wrpt4i6.jpg (350x260, 25K)

How much a much worse boxing manga, that is still being dragged out to the present?

Attached: 1512042589240.gif (646x403, 685K)

In what way did Loki have a sympathetic anything?

ippo will never be able to top joes ending, there's a good reason why joe's death is so iconic

Attached: average hajime no ippo chapter.png (1432x2958, 1.32M)

I'd just be happy for it to fucking end already.

Its a terrible series but the hack is still milking it even after Ippo retired.

Attached: 1512018774871.png (2500x1664, 1.06M)

>Clan's ability is that they can perfectly replicate almost anything they see another person see
>They are nothing but fighters
Imagine having a hundred people that all have the same power as Taskmaster and they do absolutely nothing with it but act like pompous cunts. Not a single one bothers to instantly become a professional athlete, artist, sculptor, musician, dancer, or any of the other near infinite possibilities that power allows.

Attached: 1550012163670.jpg (331x314, 23K)

"Real hero" would be wrong, but highlighting someone is right isn't saying you agree with what they do, just what's said.
Take iterations of Magneto who recognized whether or not Charles and his kids play the Uncle Tom, the Sentinels and mutant exploitation programs carry on anyway.

That's what he's right about, what he does is wrong, he may even only be saying what he does to gain followers, but it doesn't take from the fact what's said is right. And often it's highlighted Charles intentionally keeps such facts from his students because in a similarly manipulative fashion it keeps them in line for his purposes.

Nuada is another example of being right, humans are contemptible for a number of reasons and clearly did not deserve the mercy they were granted.
Hellboy and co. don't even propose an argument for why humans should exist despite their ills. Nuada is just killed and we're supposed to accept the status quo is fine because shut up.

If it were the reverse situation, if it were a setting where mutants or fae were subjugating or slapping around humans, you'd better fucking believe the sole human to speak against them would be seen as unquestionable right, a hero and any amount of bloodshed needed to get humans back on top filed under Deus Vult.

Well, males usually do when they grow a beard out of maturity arcs. Along with the beard comes a bad ass long or semi long hair

Outside of the last two, D.W.

Being able to copy other peoples techniques after seeing them done once is the LEAST of the abilities that dumb pile of wank gives those emo fucks.

The red version isn't even its FINAL FORM.

part of the reason joe's ending is so iconic is exactly because the author didnt milk the series. it only ran a few years. it told the story it wanted too and ended, hajime no ippo has gone on way to long to have an ending as poignant as ashita no joe.

Not really bad, depends on the context. Like how in Clone Wars the series didn't pretend there was an intrigue in how things would end, but rather chose to portray the inevitability of said sad, sad things.

>agreeing with elves

Attached: gfsgsfgs.jpg (900x750, 164K)

Yeah but it's the one even the random goons in the clan got. If everyone got just half the shit Sasuke got then the leaf village would be taking over entire planets by the end of the series.

Horse Show? Explain.

He's the overlooked smarter younger child with daddy issues who finds out he's adopted.
I actually had a real conversation with a person who said Loki should've been king.
I'm not against sympathetic villains, I'm against viewers whitewashing and misconstruing villains into "right" while missing the point of them.
Like Syndrome from Incredibles. A lot of people latch onto the whole "Everyone will be Super" ignoring his actions aren't to uplift anyone but himself. Also the Randian theories are really annoying too.
The only movie I can think that genuinely proposes a scenario like that and ends with "genocide those fuckers" is Battlefield Earth but I'm probably wrong. Most movies that take the time to illustrate a conquering race as having any sympathetic individuals don't go full genocide route and either simply free the oppressed if not usher in a world of co-existence.

>Big strong character who's specialty is strength
>Is stupid

>big strong guy can brute force his way through anything better than anyone
>is actually a genius and one of the smartest characters and only uses brute force cause he knows hes strong enough to not need anything else
love it when this happens

Attached: Giga nigga is pleased.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>>He's the overlooked smarter younger child with daddy issues who finds out he's adopted.
See, I could buy that if it wasn't abundantly clear that Thor didn't also have serious daddy issues.

Can I get a rundown on this. In ummmmm ENGLISH, einsteins

(like explain it to someone with no knowledge pls)

Except it was the elves and their golden army that FORCED the truce, and Nuada despite being heir never even entertained the thought of trying to open up relations, he instantly turned to patricide and terror for the goal of genocide

Neck yourself, Knife Ear

it's not fucking Voldemort.

It My Little Pony Friendship is Magic!

Ya yeet

Attached: just walking my crab.png (489x576, 526K)

basicallyis from an old manga series called "Ashita no joe" the most famous part of the series is the ending, where joe,refusing to give up and accept defeat,pushes himself to his absolute limit and beyond to win. thing is he doesn't actually win,his opponent wins by decision. joe,having already been developing parkinson's, dies right after the fight. it became one of the most referenced and recognizable manga panels and endings of all time.
hajime no ippoa different series about boxing,has gone on for decades,with the main character doing stuff likewas complaining about.with the main character winning fights he realistically should have lost,being milked for decades by the author,and not nearly as realistic in its depiction of "willpower means everything" as ashita no joe was.

YAMATO DAMASHII

SAMURAI BLOOD

BLOCK PUNCHES WITH YOUR FACE

Attached: I wonder why Ippo has brain damage.jpg (800x1259, 157K)

>Except it was the elves and their golden army that FORCED the truce
Damn right, someone had to show some decency. When humans were being unrelenting and remorseless savages the Golden Army put them in their place by showing where might makes right would go.

Only because the King of Elves realized they were becoming just as vile as humans did he stop.
Meanwhile humans have shown no such self-awareness, reflection or restraint since.

>trying to open up relations
With WHOM? The King of humans?

>he instantly turned to patricide
Not even, he tells his father he doesn't want to kill him or any of his subjects, but for sake of all mystical beings and realms, for the good of the planet, if they stand in his way he will be forced to and they reply in kind they won't let him upset the "peace" and won't hand over the crown, the king sets the guards on him first.

>for the goal of genocide
Seeing how the humans with all the authority and connections have not tried to mitigate things I can't see how he's any worse off doing to them what they were intent on doing to the Elves before when the shoe was on the other foot.
The BPRD don't give a shit, the world leaders don't give a shit, the only people who do are those drowning in the waste trickling down from the human world.

>with whom

A world at large that is absofuckinlutely gonna take notice of an elf prince blowing open the supernatural game. If shit still doesn't break down, if magic shit and humans can't work together then sure he gave it his best shot and it could be said circumstances forced his hand into action

Way it went, Nuada was just a bitter bark-poof that refused to humble himself enough to engage with humans even though his people were way along the decline and went for the nuclear option as the FIRST option

Future Gohan.

Not really a "trope" you see in works, but it still annoys me.

>work does something strange or creative
>"What drugs were they on when they made this?"

Attached: 1553574380811.jpg (300x300, 21K)

>vaguely violent, surreal, or connected to real life problems

>TOP TEN DARKEST CARTOON EPISODES

Wow I just watched that movie in class

>Fucked up accident/mistake happens that not a character's fault
>Character does something that could be EASILY explained or cleared up with 30 seconds of discussion
>Other teammate characters suddenly act irrational and explode, going "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING-"
>It wasn't me-
>-"YEAH YOU WEREN'T!"
>everyone suddenly hates them for some retarded forced-conflict rather than listen and hear an explanation which would resolve the entire plot

Attached: 1484431081976.jpg (640x419, 25K)

>lul so randumb character that has no personality outside of being wildly inappropriate at any given point

Attached: 1546221074784.png (480x465, 173K)

>Make an entire LOLSORANDUM XD show out of this character
>The fanbase worships them

Attached: free-rick-rick-and-morty.jpg (900x900, 77K)

>Sidekick/Servant gives villain a plan
>Villain tells them to shut up, gets an idea, and just recites the same plan the sidekick/servant gave them

Attached: 1553549171310.jpg (432x403, 31K)

Carol, the Walking Dead, Season 9

the best fucking trope lmao

Is the anime any good or should i stick to the manga? I like to watch shows with my father.

>Character tries to change or improve themselves in someway
>Like, say, working out
>Turns them into a massive egotistical asshole and everyone "Misses the OLD character..."
>Episode ends with lesson learned and going back to the status quo

Attached: sad boop.jpg (192x160, 5K)

anime is pretty good,once you get to about the 45th episode of the first season you should skip straight to the second one,the rest of the first season is non cannon stuff cause the manga hadn't been completed yet.

fuck you it's an overplayed joke and stopped being funny years ago

>Humans are the high-strength scary war-race of the universe
I love this, and it's never done enough.

when is that ever done?

There's like, one fucking novel I read in high school where all of the other aliens in the galaxy are appalled by humanity's ability to kill shit good.

It's worse now because Dragon Ball has reached universe buster tier. So you have several characters who can destroy entire galaxies at the very least.

Thanks user, i'll check a guide once i decide to watch it.

what could the ending for ippo possibly be? i heard he retired and his rival is hardly a thing

Examples, out of curiosity?

I wish I could finally stop caring about dumb shit like this, but every single other fucker present should be moving so fast from his perspective that he's standing still for episodes at a time in comparison; "The guys who are stronger than me are fighting so fast I can't even see it" has been a thing since DB, now suddenly it's not a problem anymore?

>very interesting/entertaining possible event is teased/mentioned
>never actually happens and the story takes a far more boring turn instead.

>All supernatural entities actually stem from one singular source ie Everything is just alien related despite appearances
It always just serves to make everything lamer to me.

>bit character whose sole purpose is to show up, say/do something that warrants a verbal and/or physical asskicking, and get one.

i really wanna see a villain like actually respect and value his assistant and sees him as an equal
and then commits like heinous supermurder or something

>character is not a white male or white male-like alien

Attached: The-Red-Skull-Future-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe.jpg (620x320, 79K)

What shows/comics do this?

steven universe

>make everything lamer to me.
Why's that?

Gravity Falls
Half of the SCP-001 Proposals

Dragon Ball Z

Ben 10, it turns out magic and dragons are aliens the whole time.

>cartoon/comic
>character says "someone who makes cartoons/comics for a living? wow they sound like a loser!"
I can't think of any time this joke was done right

Imperfect Cell was the biggest waste of a character ever
>extremely intimidating design
>Aura consists of the lamantations of all the victims he absorbed
>ambush predator that can use all of the heroes abilities, and generally knows everything about them
>tail thing
Literal perfection for a villain, then they throw it all away because the editor thought it was too scary

Attached: 75C1084E-CDF1-461C-B0F4-82DCA37476E9.jpg (640x480, 76K)

>Comic artist does this
>They're actually recognized as a loser by most people
Bonus points if the strip didn't have an ounce of self awareness

I bought Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night edited by Kier Elam. First page to the story is page 161

Attached: long intro.jpg (2802x2706, 1.47M)

>villain captures heroes
>doesn't kill them straight away

Attached: 1536656074978.png (904x864, 137K)

I too was disappointed with Wander Over Yander's ending

>antagonist seen as "evil"
>is just opposed to what protagonist wanted

What toys, seriously? I have yet to see any serious modern cartoon merchandise that isn't just the default logo shirts you can buy on the Disney websites or shower curtains or some shit.

This isn't a negative "trope" just something that "gets me"

>Show old man/Villian/adult crying/acting like a child
>I feel bad and just... don't want anything to happen to them

I don't get it, seeing old people cry is something that gets to me. I just went through Baki and this part came up and I felt pretty bad.

Attached: 1e786de9968a8ee3c83a130b521d0372.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

I crossdressed for a costume party when I was a kid, it was pretty fun and I didn't even get molested or anything, pretty good day overall.

Those who slay together, stay together.

Not all systems put perception under WIS. Not to mention rolling a nat20 on Sneak with proficiency.

I think I like the variety more, it makes the world seem like it has a larger scope even if only superficially.

It was canon you retard. In the manga Freeza has a flashback with him when he sees Goku

Attached: 1547943686389.png (970x1442, 703K)

Not really a Yea Forums thing but
>villain is strangling hero with bare hands, looking grim
>hero notices weapon/stick/stone whatever off to side right next to them
>very obviously looks at it and grabs it to hit villain
>villain somehow doesn't notice this

Though I think Who Framed Roger Rabbit had a variant

It has been said before by Plague but it bears repeating
"The feats are the exact same"
DB/DBZ/DBS/etc make no sense, and trying to make sense of it is just begging for a headache

I feel the same way, something about the elderly crying gets to me.

Did you feel pretty? I remember wanting to transform into a girl and dress up like wonder woman because of dcau

I think it is difficult if not impossible to write the villain managing to capture the heroes, and it not being dumb
Because the good guys have to escape for the story to go on (9 times out of 10 anyway) so there is never tension or intrigue

I unironically prefer fit Richard as opposed to his usual fat dumb self.

Attached: The_Amazing_World_of_Gumball_-_Work_It_(1080p).jpg (480x269, 18K)

>"P-p-please hero! Spare me! *sobs*
>"Hmph, fine. I will let you go THIS time villain" *turns around*
>"Hehehe, gotcha!!! *attacks*

Attached: NANI.png (798x596, 39K)

I kinda did, but the real best part was that I got a lot of nice attention from girls because I was one of the only 6-7 guys who actually followed the dress code.

Villain here, we don't actually want to kill them, we're just eccentric and bored rich people with nothing else to do that makes us feel alive. There are rules to this sort of thing, you know. You won't last very long yourself if you actually kill your protagonist outright without proper justification. Would you rather be the villain who gets to do whatever he wants, break out of jail at the end of day, and still get invited to your arch-nemesis's Christmas party, or the villain who gets hunted down and killed in revenge for offing the guy?

>Gets blown the fuck out after their flaccid sneak attack fails

>Regenerating character gets hit in the stomach, it basically cuts them in half
>Any other character gets hit in the stomach, thrown across the room with a few bruises

This one only makes sense if the regenerating character is the one throwing themselves into harm's way on a regular basis so others don't have to

Attached: 081.gif (320x287, 2.36M)

>Character is fighting bad guy with super strength
>Bad guy grabs them but throws them across the room instead of just killing them on the spot

Attached: 1523240441135.jpg (500x388, 22K)

I was hanging out at the mall with my older sister, and someone told us we were a cute couple, and my sister punched me in the dick and said we're brother and sister. Not very nice. We look like we could be twins, she didn't have to go that far.

>cool mentor figure that everyone loves
>has to die in some tragic way to give the MC a dose of motivation

I did in highschool (male). Bad decision.

Gwen Tennyson was insufferable.

This is how things are in Wake/Silage although it's imho done badly, there's no real effect on society from all the aliens being psychic.

There's also a series of books by, I think Alan Dean Foster about humans being immune to psi, it's kind of the proto HFY, humans are ridiculously good at everything

E: Maybe not Foster... I was reading a ton of downloaded e-books and audiobooks at the time and I'm damned if I can remember most of 'em clearly

>GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Shinji was a novelty after 30 years of take charge Shonen protagonists who could defeat a galactic fleet within minutes of picking up the controls of the prototype

>"oh gosh dangit Freezer now I have to give you more!"

They should have been the main characters, not the boring dwarfs. Especially as Grumpy and Happy were the only dwarfs worth watching anyway.

>any hacking at all

god i hate that, poor lars

It's still going?

And the world would have been better for it.

Because sometimes they want to become gang stars.

>it’s used solely for a marketing ploy

Is that the one where they kidnap some humans because the dog aliens are also p good killing things dead, but more in a hunting things down sort of way and less of the humans 'BUILD MORE GUN' type of good at killy?

In the first episode of Black Lightning, Black Lightning kills a guy by using him as a human shield (even though he's wearing a bulletproof suit and can create bulletproof force fields) and then tosses the corpse aside. But when he gets a chance to kill big bad Tobias, we get a bunch of preaching from Jefferson's family about how killing is wrong. And after that we see that none of them give a shit about the fact that Gambi kills people all the time.

Attached: black-lightning-best-new-shows-2018.jpg (620x420, 107K)

There's a difference between crazy and stupid. Killing half the universe because you wanna fuck the personification of Death is crazy. Killing half the universe (plants and animals included) because you think it'll solve a resource crisis is stupid.

>duel
>protagonist disarms their opponent and demands them to yield
>villain refuses and commands the hero to finish them off
>protagonist refuses and starts walking away
>villain pulls out gun/knife and is about to attack the completely oblivious protagonist
>someone else/some bullshit in the environment finishes them of

It’s always played like the villain is a coward wanting to stab or shoot the hero in the back after being given mercy, but instead it’s just another annoying instance of >hero kills mooks on the regular but is suddenly too good and moral to finish a fight, and the story bullshits a way to keep them from having “real” blood on their hands

>It was stupid in the series after Dragonball people were acting like they had never seen ki attacks at a world tournament before
Yeah that's super annoying to me. Hercule is able to convince everyone that flying and ki attacks are just wires and special effects even though not even 20 years ago there was an enormous stadium full of witnesses to a little boy transforming into a giant ape and an old man responding by blowing up the moon with an energy blast. And all of this was televised, too.

>Anthropomorphic animals/monsters are gone
>Almost all mystical elements of the world are gone
>Most of the ones that remain are aliens
>Martial Arts tournament contestants went from serious contenders to a bunch of clowns
>Krillin shrinks

Attached: krillin tacos.jpg (540x696, 160K)

>Supernatural would've ended 14 seasons ago if anything that picked them up would've just snapped their necks
Nah, the Winchester brothers have actually died and been brought to life a ton of times.

Shame we never got Nicole’s reaction to him

I like how The Simpsons made fun of that decades before "WOAH ADVENTURE TIME WRITERS MUST BE ON DRUGS"

This kind of happens in Worm. The most powerful healer in the setting is a full time doctor, and hates she her power since she's overworked as fuck and has to spend almost all of her time in hospitals.

I think literally everyone who watched that show agrees with you. Just look at the fan art - all grim and hildy.

Attached: 1525144754148.png (700x693, 336K)

>The heroes and villains must team up to fight a bigger evil

Attached: 1553027453643.png (888x894, 520K)

Kaiokek.jpg

I hate it when the villain is a total backstabbing piece of shit, especially when there's a "protagonist saves the villain from falling into the abyss" kind of scenario. And there's always a stupid Disney death afterwards.
It's just as bad as the anime trope where there's a bunch of mooks talking about how they're going to rape and cannibalize a little girl and her puppy dog just so that the protagonist can brutally massacre them and make you feel good about it.

FUCKING DREAMWORKS

Attached: Listen here you little shit.png (680x512, 323K)

*dance party, in your case

>and my sister punched me in the dick
That's hot!

>walking me up early on a Sunday
No it wasn't hot, user.

what

What do you mean "what"?

who woke you up? me?

Yes user. I get notifications when I get replied to.

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-043324_Clover.jpg (1440x2027, 281K)

>phoneposting
anyways, sorry

>not leaving your threads for the night because you like clicking update and seeing all of the new posts or the crushing loss when a thread you like died in the night

Posting on the app is an objectively superior experience compared to posting on desktop.

>Status quo in general fucking sucks.
Sometimes it's a necessary evil, but it's still an evil.

You don't even know how pissed off I am whenever the Simpsons pulls this shit these days.

>or the crushing loss when a thread you like died in the night
iktf too well
cringe

>mopey goth becomes a happier person through character development
>stops being a goth and dresses 'normal'

Attached: 1428651672513.png (263x244, 23K)

Well if they're just a mopey cunt dressing in dark clothes and acting teen-emo instead of actually being goth then yeah if they lighten up and become happier then they'll probably move on from that phase/coping strategy

>Post a drawing I worked on hard before going to sleep
>Wake up next morning, first thing I do is check the thread
>no replies

Attached: hurts-just-a-little-bit-13624586.png (500x787, 96K)

Hated that episode of Foster’s. They were way too quick to blame Eduardo Wilt and Coco

>>>twitter

but it's a trope. most goths are happy people who just dress weird and listen to weird music.

It's the same on Twitter

Attached: hurts-whole-lot-4823192.png (500x717, 164K)

>show is about magic creature
>WE MUST KEEP MAGIC A SECRET FROM HUMANITY!!!

WHy? serious why cant humans knows about the world of magic? is not like humans can kill a entire race of orcs or wizards.
a wizard alone could easy destroy all humanity guns.

I was a legit goth and many goths used to be depressed as shit. It wasn't just a dress code.

>didn't even get molested
Wtf did my doujin lie to me? Isn't it supposed to be that a Loli tomboy dresses as a boy, gets called to take a bath with a guy, guy finds out that they are a girl, sex ensues?

Usually the magic people are only a small population so they’re outnumbered

Keep putting yourself out there, don't give up

well, i was a goth too and most of my goth friends were chipmunky fuckers

equating normie to happiness is lazy writing

Cooperation between humans and robots/AI needs to happen more

I like this approach, I'm trying to write a book with an immortal character that has regen hax in it and this is basically what I've come up with

>because they were in a major disaster seconds prior to achieving immortality, the wounds they got from the disaster don't heal like everything else
>thanks to this they have to stop and take breaks every so often just like regular people have to sleep and shit or they'll overtax themselves and slowly end up becoming useless
>character has a tendency to tank hits for others because they can, this ends up hindering their overall effectiveness since they're trying but ultimately failing to save everyone
>injuries heal fairly quickly, but over the course of the story people study and figure out the immortality and begin trying to develop hard counters
>immortal character doesn't have an ability that most of the major antagonists and other powerful characters in the setting have, essentially traded the ability for immortality so are less effective than they could be

That and everything else you previously started, you can make a decent challenge for a regenerator if you work around creating limitations while designing the character.

Attached: 1509001373938.jpg (363x363, 17K)

I tried for many many years. I don't want to draw fan-art or porn, so I just do art for myself now.

>romance between humans and robots/AI needs to happen more
ftfy

Attached: bigmechachest.jpg (708x1000, 420K)

>character is under 13
>blatantly sounds over 20 and VA makes no attempt to sound younger

Attached: 1548745521769.jpg (564x639, 106K)

He was a member of an alien species who could all regrow their arms. It makes sense that their arms are weaker/easier to lose than human ones (like lizard tails or shark teeth)

Pidgeon is actually the best part of Mike Tyson mysteries though. without him there is really not much reason to watch the show desu

At least the angle is consistent with Shadow thanks to the gloves and boots.
> evil mc (or character in general) has black and red design
> design doesn't include white
If you're going to do this, at least use all three.

There really, really, really is a need for breaking away from that. It's really annoying every time it happens.
> "Please hero, spare me!"
> hero spares villain again
> her turns back on villain
> gets stabbed or shot and straight up dies, is never brought back either.

they can come back from death so easily that it's laughable to them. In season 5 they both get killed and are back by the end of the episode.

did you miss the 'for her' bit?

>your debt can't be repaid with money

Nuada reminds me a whole lot of Ocean Masters retarded ass too. I love how he jumps to the conclusion that war is the only way to get humans to stop fucking up the Ocean rather than just reveal his existence and demand they cut the BS or else.

like If I had his powers I would honestly just use it to fuck with humans and spook them into not doing it.

>Dump trash back onto beaches and capsize major boats like they did in the movies
>every human collectively shits thier pants
>oh shit...is.. this an act of god? no no! its mother nature! the Earth is alive and she's fucking PISSED at us, w..what if its a Terrorist attack or something? what if the Chinese built a weather machine? oh fuck FUCK man w-w-what do we do?"
>if Humans try dumping trash again repeat beached trash maneuver but this time ALSO wipe out a coastal town or two
>spell out "Strike 2" at the location of where it happened
>Humanity is fucking hysteric at this point. People and Government turn on major corporations like oil drillers,whaler's ect and people steer clear of beaches
>reduce humanity to youtu.be/jhmEo-46vUQ
>humans never dump again (at least for the next few generations)

god it would be so fun to fuck with people like this and watch their head explode trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. They would stop pollution not out of guilt or change of heart but the sheer primal fear (of death) which is pretty much the best damn motivator in existence as history has shown.

Attached: elder_entity_norden_by_yugi_master_datr4or-pre.jpg (908x880, 130K)

>characters make a new year's resolution together
>one of them fails
>INSTANTLY tries to tempt the others to fail as well

Attached: Elder_Stu.jpg (379x521, 29K)

Close enough

Attached: new_op_01.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

>Characters come up with method of saving the day
>It goes perfectly well besides a contrivance that throws it out of whack
>Instead of resolving the issue and carrying on the characters act like the plan totally failed and move on to the much riskier and dramatic plan b.

I always hate this
>robots excuse for being evil is always "u destroy ur enviromentz"

uhh.. so does that mean you hate ants too? woodpeckers? terraforming your environment to suit your species is part of Nature also you are a fucking robot not a hippy. Why do you care? You can survive in a atomic wasteland, we on the other hand cant.

You could literally just sit back and wait for us to wipe each other out then rebuild on the corpses of our society. Are you impatient? why? you are a fucking immortal ai.

god I hate the way Robot villains act in media. Why even sit around on this planet with lesser beings anyway? why not just make a spaceship and fly off in search of far more worthy lifeforms to hang around?

Attached: 1542766609400.jpg (1000x1000, 271K)

Lysanderoth, you were behind all this?

Guilty as charged.

>boys vs. girls episode
>boy characters’ IQ gets cut in half and can’t do teamwork for shit
>girls win everything with ease

Attached: 7D88794A-BEB6-4CD0-89A9-32ADFD4F18A9.jpg (435x536, 51K)

This.
The episodes are usually extremely poorly written and contrived to match.

it's funny because in real life it's the exact opposite

Probably, Fox and Xanatos really did love one another, even had a kid together.

From what I've experienced in school, the real life thing is
>Someone tries to propose boys vs girls
>Teacher immediately shuts it down because "it's not nice"

>smarter than adult females
didn't really set the bar high there, did ya?

>t. psychopath
neck yourself kid diddler

That or it happens, and should it be a physical activity, the boys usually win. At that age range, unless some boy is sick or unusually weak, girls loose out physically. Unless the girl has some giant genes going for her, like this one girl I knew in the fourth grade.

One Piece.
Though short hair Nami is superior

Not that user but they actually made a study that showed how women become extremely hostile to each other when put together in a team

When they're little kids they're much more equal physically.

Aren't we also on the upper threshhold for gravity being so high the fuel gets too heavy to lift off?
Someone ones claimed we would be the bulky heavy worldler

I've had teachers do that but heavily rig the game in the girls' favor. They were all men too.

Prepubescent kids are actually identical. It's an even playing ground until the girls hit their growth spurt and go up a weight class. They're actually physically superior until the boys start puberty themselves.

He means the adult females in the show, who are always right and always make the good decisions for their bumbling husbands.

It is but it's always built on "war is bad" like in Avatar

but the aliens in Avatar have titanium skeletons, are 3m tall and are insanely resilient, they're clearly stronger than humans just less advanced

Look up "Humans are Space Orcs"

>Dad character is a useless idiot

I WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS EVERY THREAD I AM ABLE TO FOR THE REST OF MY BITTER EXISTENCE

I thought it was funny in Muppets Most Wanted

patrician taste, i hate how they made her an overly sex appeal-oozing bimbo slut post-timeskip

Latest tropes I dislike.
>Two characters completely unrelated to each other in any way outside of situational conversation is automatically paired up and the creators tease the audience about this pairing
That one is just fucking annoying.
>The Hero is sad in the end
That one's hurtful.

>two characters that are on the same side forced to fight because of a dumb misunderstanding that could be cleared up with 10 seconds of talking
Why do they always do this

Lazy writing. It's easier and more convenient to have a fight ride on a simple unexplained misunderstanding than to write an actual conflict.

So they can return to the status quo in 10 seconds

>they still have a sense of self-preservation and others get worried when they do dangerous things

More like
>I only mostly kill in self defense so I don't look evil, that is way I am going to spare you and walk away
>Backstab.jpg
>Guess I can kill you now

A bully character who nobody likes gained respect for one of the heroes, and then had his memory wiped for a stupid reason.
It wasn’t even that he was redeemed, he just grew as a character a little bit, which made him better than what he used to be. But then they fucked it up and he went back to being a boring, worthless character

Yeah, expect that to change in S2.
If they keep him as a good guy I’ll be glad, but I doubt they are going to stick with that.

You mean the fat kid with the crush on Gogo that learned their identities and got zapped into forgetting at the end?

I wanted to break Tsuna's neck. Still a spineless wuss after endless powerups and battles.
Mob at least grew a spine over time.

I YIELD I YIELD
NEVER SHOULD OF COME HERE

That dude

Remember that time Cyborg magically rebuilt himself in TT? He even outright says, “Sorry, it’s a one-off” when BB outright calls him magic now.

It's not always bad when that happens. This was one of the sickest parts of the fight.

Attached: YouWillDieByMyHand2.png (1366x770, 318K)

Did it LOOK cool? Yeah
Was it the absolute dumbest part of the entire fight? Abso-freakin-lutely
I know Goku isn't the brightest bulb, but this scene was the first thing I thought of when writing my original comment

Is there a specific term for the villain basically being a copy of the protagonist?

Examples:
>Negaduck
>Rowdyruff Boys
>Psycho Rangers

Antithesis I guess, or something like dark reflection

alter ego?
evil twin?

Lord, I fucking loved the Psycho Rangers. Wish they were in more episodes.

Attached: Psycho Rangers.jpg (480x360, 33K)

Best subversion of that was Darkman when the bad guy tried to pull that after Nelson literally killed his way through a crime gang.

“I’m learning to live with a lot of things.”

>Captain Pollution
>Bizarro
>That blue He-Man
>Mary Kate Olsen

Thanks a lot, anons. "Evil Twin" seems to be the term used the most.

Well-deserved trips.
Never really got into Power Rangers and used to switch channels whenever it was on, but I absolutely loved the Psycho Rangers as well. This whole Evil Twin thing might be my favorite trope of all time, too.

this reminds me of a story idea i had in 7th grade about superheroes. there was a villain who could absorb radiation so the MCs made a plan to give him more energy than he could take in but the villain just got stronger

Ocean Master didn't care about the environment. He just wanted an excuse to conquer land.

The show us just terrible with or without him.

so basically the X Men movies?

try thinking of it like what happened in Devilment. Once people find out about something that's dangerous, they start going crazy

Fucking Ducktales.

I crossdress constantly, and I get no sexual pleasure from it. I just think it's comfortable
It's also nice to be fully dressed without having to wear pants

Exactly wrong. It is stated, and I can find the page later if you don't believe me, that a nuke would obviously kill Yujiro. Every nation with nuclear capabilities could absolutely kill him. But the leaders of every nation still consider him to be a valuable ally and dangerous enemy because deploying nukes to kill a man intermingling with a civilian population in a city is not realistic. And in any scenario short of nuking or a large-scale bombing run, he's ridiculously difficult to kill.
Baki has plenty of stupid Yujiro wank, but it doesn't go quite that far.

based

Quite literally what a Doppelgänger is