Kumail Nanjiani Joins Marvel Studios' THE ETERNALS

>Kumail Nanjiani ("The Big Sick") has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' THE ETERNALS in an undisclosed role. Sources indicate he might be playing wisecracking scientist Makkari, who can move at superhuman speed.

>Directed by Chloe Zao ("The Rider"), the movie introduces the Eternals, a race of superhumans created by cosmic engineers known as ''The Celestials'' and once worshipped as gods by the human race, and their lifelong enemies, the monstrous, bloodthirsty Deviants. After a centuries-long stalemate, their war is revived in modern times, with the fate of the world hanging on the balance. The Eternals are led by Ikaris, a warrior fueled by cosmic energy, and his lover Sersi (Angelina Jolie), a psychic explorer who relishes moving amongst humans.

>THE ETERNALS is slated for November 1st, 2020.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kumail-nanjiani-talks-marvels-eternals-1199458

Attached: Makkari.png (1021x445, 718K)

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/tag/kumail-nanjiani/
youtube.com/watch?v=hMgxXuAmZ-g
youtube.com/watch?v=JNuTcsp4SvA&feature=youtu.be&t=83
marvunapp.com/Appendix/fastforw.htm
hyperborea.org/flash/quasar.html
marvunapp.com/Appendix3/galacticmarathon.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guessing he's comic relief. Can't really take the guy seriously, although I've never seen the Big Sick so I dunno, he might be a great dramatic actor.

Shameful racebending again

He will play the guy who poo in the loo.

Was wondering who he could be playing. I don't think Makkari is like a wise cracking character though? Also Angelina Jolie as Sersi is strange because Sersi is like the one who became an Avenger

It's not. It's how his human persona appears at least in Gaiman's Eternals.

Attached: 45263a2d06d1f11c2cbc8b898b4a5cb6._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1943, 645K)

He's good enough for a supporting role in the MCU.

I know right? Casting a human as one of the race of Eternals? What is this world coming to.

Gaiman’s Eternals is literally a non-canon dream

It's probably from where the studio is going to take references for the movie.

Allegedly their main source of inspiration is Jack Kirby's original run.

Attached: The Eternals.jpg (656x986, 127K)

I thought that was Zebraman for a second when looking at the image

What's up with MCU obsession on sucking Pajeets dick? Is not like any non indian movie ever made over 20 million dollars at this country.

See They want a diverse cast and Makkari is already canonically Indian, so it's an easy choice.

By the way, people said this wasn't supposed to be Marvel Universe but fucking SHIELD shows up and there's a joke about the Thing so what the fuck is Yea Forums smoking

Kumail could be a good Ajax actually.

>Gaiman’s Eternals is literally a non-canon dream

The unreliable narrator is only in the beginning. He clearly transitions away from that in the middle and end parts. And the followup and the ending by the Knaufs isn't acknowledged by anyone. So using that as proof is problematic especially given who oversaw the project. And the rest of the Marvel universe consider the events in Gaiman's mini to be canon (the Golden Celestial being in multiple issues of Uncanny X-Men as well as the Horde appearing in Aaron's Avengers). The balance of evidence is that it's canon.

But Aaron is a hack.

Man, it's crazy. I've collected comics for decades, and I never bothered to learn shit about the Eternals. None of these castings mean anything to me, because I don't know a single one of these characters.

>I don't think Makkari is like a wise cracking character though?

They need a funny guy. Might as well be him.

Fun-loving, wisecracking speedsters seem to be a stereotype.

Check out The new Twilight Zone episode “The Comedian”, he can definitely play more dramatic

>obsession
Explain? Isn't he the first one in these movies?

>Indian
>Mark Curry

Yuck. Looks like this is gonna be trash. Good thing I'm done w/ the MCU after Endgame

Yeah, the dude's name is Scottish in origin so I have no clue where the "pajeet the whole time" claim is coming from.

Heh, I just saw the Twilight Zone episode with him.

...why didn't he just say Tracy Morgan's name?

>Also Angelina Jolie as Sersi is strange because Sersi is like the one who became an Avenger
I was so hopeful for Sersi, but now she's a skeleton, no thank you.

Another Forced Diveristy propaganda

Pass, next...

Same reason why they are sucking tiny clitty chinky chinese dick, they want the money.

Most of it comes from the merchendise, toys, funko pops, etc, even now we already have a fuck to of Avenger end game toys.

They use the money from those to prop up and inflate the box office of the movie so it can reach a billion and the franchise will be safe.

Disgusting.

>Moving goalposts

And he’s great in The Big Sick playing himself. Been a fan of his stuff since Harmontown, nice to see him get more notoriety.

The casting announcements about this are going to be hilarious with anons pretending they ever gave a fuck about the Eternals.

Yeeeeah I'm thinking I'm done with MCU after Endgame, thanks. Looks like the next phase is all about SJW politics. This is the same guy who made up a Jussie Smollett-esque story of being assaulted by Trumpbros. And they've said they're doing Young Avengers, meaning America Chavez, they're doing female Hawkeye, etc. It's gonna be just as pozzed as the comics soon. The first phase was just bait and now that they have people hooked the agenda is the priority.

Attached: CxF60CNWIAAtP8j.jpg (750x991, 100K)

Literally cite your sources

Man, you people are so easily triggered. How do you go through daily life?

People literally just saying they dislike the casting and have no interest in the movie does not equal 'triggered'.

At least they're being nice and giving people a clear exit point. This will probably be how the MCU dies. No one is going to keep going to see movies based off D listers like the eternals and captain marvel.

My guess is that they have a small drought period with people not being happy with shit like the eternals and eventually wheel out xmen and ff to get people back on board

Wow, this guy is a complete loon. Why would Marvel hire someone so unstable?
breitbart.com/tag/kumail-nanjiani/

They're really gonna cuck the new gods by rushing this shit that no one wants to see out aren't they?

Well there's disliking a casting and then there's calling it propaganda
>Citing Breitbart
lol

Is there anything in the current MCU that points towards The Eternals as a presence or do you think it's gonna be something they only decide to start pushing with the post-credits scene in "Disney's Marvel's The Avengers: Infinity War, Part Two - Endgame"?

There's also the fact that they cast this cokehead for Black Widow:
youtube.com/watch?v=hMgxXuAmZ-g
Seems to be a running theme for phase 2.

>Citing Breitbart
They're a fairly middle of the road conservative publication.

>no one's going to see d-listers like Captain Marvel
>Captain Marvel just blows past 1 billion dollars

he's a full blown neo nazi loon.

I've been knee deep in capeshit my entire life and I've never heard of the etrrnals. They seem like nothing but a ripoff of the new gods and sandman.

I can't wait for people to read the wiki page and start acting like they're experts in them though

>They seem like nothing but a ripoff of the new gods and sandman.
This is bait

>he
He, as in Breitbart? Confirmed for not knowing what the fuck you're talking about. Andrew Breitbart was a Jewish neoconservative and gay rights activist, and he died 7 years ago.

>jewish and gay

Yeah, and so was Goebbels. Go figure.

Could they at least cast a better looking Indian guy? I guess with the Eternals being lesser known characters it's less about trying to do faithful adaptations and more about just hiring actors with and popularity to fill roles.

He doesn't look too bad with a beard

Attached: kumail_nanjiani-eternals_1-publicity-split-h_2019_0.jpg (379x433, 34K)

>sandman.
b8

It does when the complaints about the actor aren't about talent or anything, but because he's the wrong colour. You might have more of a point if there was less screaming and shitting yourselves over diversity.

>Flash ripoff
why

Justify your opinion that the actor not looking like the character is not a valid complaint.

>That time Dinesh became CEO and got them 21 billion dollars in debt
youtube.com/watch?v=JNuTcsp4SvA&feature=youtu.be&t=83

Should they go with Phobos or something for him instead? specially if he is a scientist

Mark Curry was simply Makkari trying to fit in modern society. His name was always Makkari from the start so his race would not really matter, unlike Steve Rogers or T'Challa

>the dude's name is Scottish in origin
It's not really his name, though. Back in the day during Quasar, Makkari disguised himself as "Mike Harry", but that was just so he wouldn't reveal to Wendell's friends he was actually Makkari the Eternal. He has no "human" name.

>I don't think Makkari is like a wise cracking character though?
Depends on who you ask. He's definitely carefree, and I'm using the source from Gruenwald's Quasar for this (which followed Kirby's run) and he was sort of a ladies' man also. He's the one who nicknamed Wendell as "Quaze" also.
He's a fun-loving kinda character who also likes to push himself to his limits and enjoys action.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-06 12-47-36.jpg (1062x816, 224K)

Speaking of Quasar and

Funny you mentioned that: Barry Allen himself turned up in a Quasar comic and outran Makkari:

marvunapp.com/Appendix/fastforw.htm
hyperborea.org/flash/quasar.html
marvunapp.com/Appendix3/galacticmarathon.htm

Also lmao, Makkari looked more anglo in this comcis, unlike his darker skin appearance in the Gaiman run.

And its kind of a neat idea that Barry may have been in the Marvel Universe for a while, before he returned to his own native unvierse through the events of FInal Crisis.

DAILY REMINDER:

Kevin Feige Does Nothing Wrong

We're talking about the same issue, actually . Quasar #17 right? One of my favorite issues.

Been reading them for years and I was thrilled to hear they were getting a movie, but knock yourself out I guess.

all of mcu decisions are based on getting ahead of DC. In this case eternals before dc can do new gods

Personally, I just want my Nova movie. After that, the only way the MCU can redeem themselves when Brie wears the leotard

>Brie wears the leotard
Never gonna happen, they already said so.

If that was true then we would've had a Namor or Superman-analogue movie years ago.

So it screwed then.

Only thing I'm looking forward to is Nova. After that, I'm done with the MCU

We had that. Its called Thor. Thor first Thor movie was literally the same as Aquaman and Man of Steel, but on a much smaller scale and with less special effects. Hell, people compared Aquman to Black Panther, so there is also that.

>So it screwed then
LOL yeah, sure it is.

he's playing Starfox

>All speedsters are Flash ripoffs
Embarrassing

>no one is gonna go see D listers like Iron Man and some cheesy goon like Captain America

Cap and Iron man were never D-listers. They weren't that popular but people were vaguely aware of them. I had a Busiek era Avengers shirt when I was a kid and Cap and Iron Man were the only ones most people could name.

So they were at least c-listers in the eyes of the public.

Guardians of the Galaxy then. Don't say they weren't D-listers because Annihilation happened near the same time as Civil War and it never had remotely the same numbers in sales (and that was its peak before the movies).

I am not o sure about this guy being casted as Makkari. For one side, I know him mostly for the shitty edgy movies he did years ago but on the other side he wasn't bas in Dr. House. Also, Olivia Wilde should play Cersi, not Angelina Jolie.

Anons gave a fuck about who is cast tho. This place really is Yea Forums 2.0.

I'm one of the few Eternals fans in this board (judging by the dismissive tone whenever they're brought up here) and I don't give a single fuck about the casting.

>I'm a filthy casual who doesn't appreciate Jack Kirby's work or want to see it faithfully adapted, so everyone else must be too

>race doesn't matter
>but he has to be non white
can you guys get any more obvious?

Since "white" is treated as the default, I think it's YOU who are pretty obvious about not wanting any change whatsoever. It only starts mattering to you if they change it.
Plus they aren't even human, and their race isn't at all important to who they are, so why even bother nitpicking it?

Why would we want changes? We want adaptations faithful to the canon. Physical appearance is important in both comics and film, which are both mediums heavily reliant on visuals.

Attached: the-eternals-marvel-movie-jack-kirby.jpg (825x464, 142K)

They're all white because everyone was fucking white back then in those comics, it's why Black Panther was such a big deal when he was created.
I sincerely doubt you cared about the Eternals, otherwise you would know how inconsequential it would be to change their races, specially unnamed Eternals as the ones you see right there in that picture.