Which was better?

Which was better?

Attached: 01f05680d8fa8b0f7cfd5775e698be284882dde2_hq.jpg (1024x1021, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GBxKv70hKbU&t=125s
youtube.com/watch?v=Tbt4k-UysjI
youtube.com/watch?v=cF3ocZu4cZo
youtube.com/watch?v=wmJqgdaTArM
youtube.com/watch?v=PIrrxrIQ79U
youtube.com/watch?v=z-efsM2XQB0
vocaroo.com/i/s0mWkSAvWuOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Genndy's was objectively a much better show.

Both are kino and made the PT era that much more superior with lore and action.

Fuck you and your bullshit

Their both amazing

Honestly, Genndy's was unreal but relative to the norm is was simply great. Not spectacular. Only in retrospect and in considering our present situation can we claim it was spectacular. nu wars was good in an era of shit

Both

Attached: M9dU.gif (400x176, 3.88M)

stop having autism

Depends on when you were born.

Grievous was so intimidating and chaotic in the 2003 cartoon
And such a lamo in the 2008 show

Attached: D27ZpR9UcAEAFcT.jpg (1080x1080, 126K)

Sass master kenobi just puts the newer series in front for me

youtube.com/watch?v=GBxKv70hKbU&t=125s

This
These two shows were what really brought SW backinto the lime light, abd gave us all the coolest shit we could ever want. Waifus, action, cool characters, great animation, story, it had it all. Disney could never hope to recapture the pull of the CW shows.

How is this even a question? Genndy's show was actually good, the CGI one was awfully directed and poorly written kiddy trash. People just like is because of waifu bait and lore building which it only did by virtue of being over a hundred episodes long.

One is kino. The other is fun

youtube.com/watch?v=Tbt4k-UysjI

Genndywars all the way. They focused on cool action while expanding lore organically and didn't overstay its welcome.

Attached: KKKobra.jpg (2048x1618, 639K)

Attached: ben-zweifel-sbt-base-web-3.jpg (1920x952, 741K)

Attached: D3SoaMqXoAENE9q.jpg (1200x510, 119K)

Attached: Mr_Tartakovsky_sends_his_rega.png (755x566, 280K)

Attached: D2H6EtBUcAANJ6u.jpg (1080x605, 127K)

Honestly Genndy's had its own set of problems. Yes, it had cool moments, but that was all it usually was - a mashup of cool moments. Also, it brought the "Jedi as superheroes" themes to ridiculous heights.
Grievous kidnapping Palpatine was great, though.

Attached: D1xljfIX4AAiASF.jpg (1200x675, 254K)

asohka is a awful character

Attached: D3DGaEKUgAA3k_u.jpg (1080x1080, 97K)

Attached: 1553454758267.webm (941x400, 2.51M)

>we will never get Mace doing sick force martial arts again
By gendys standards he could've sent Palpatine into fucking orbit

Attached: D2NNWC8UgAEbSa1.jpg (1080x1080, 102K)

Masters and Apprentices...

Attached: master-apprentice-excerpt-tall.jpg (1536x864, 251K)

Attached: D1jFy0WWsAABbpC.jpg (680x910, 74K)

no words can describe just how terribly disney has squandered the sheer potential of star wars

Attached: 1514969591763.jpg (809x1024, 123K)

No way this is from Rebels?

Qui-gon's forward and unorthodox thinking kept him from having a council seat.
I loved all if his stuff in the expanded universe, he knew all to well the way the old jedi code worked was nothing but trouble.

Attached: deal_me_in_losers.jpg (1920x884, 394K)

damn

Hell no!

Attached: 1553457533465.webm (1176x500, 1.71M)

>Yes, it had cool moments, but that was all it usually was - a mashup of cool moments.
Well the first season had episodes that were literally five minutes long, kind of hard to add a lot of emotionally charged moments to a show like that.

god I wish that were me

>but that was all it usually was - a mashup of cool moments.
It wasn't though. Have you actually seen it? It tells a story and provides tons of world building and character development. Masterfully done mostly through visual storytelling. This meme of
>hurr durr it was just mindless action
really needs to die.

Could it tell as large a story with as much development and building as a series with over 120 episodes?. In a 44 hours vs 2 contest I should sure hope the 44 hours one told a bigger story with more in it. But the type of storytelling in the CGI was just so kiddy/simplistic and watered down with terribly bland direction and art style. Whereas Genndy is an animation god that can actually direct visual storytelling. The fact that he didn't spend 50 hours with static camera shots having the characters talk about how war is bad or have the villains scream that they'll get Obi-Wan and Anakin next time doesn't mean it was all just action, it's just that his story is told mostly visually.

Clone wars season 3

Well, I like having actual fucking dialogue in my shows, so...

GL: Grevious is a Jedi killing cyborg that uses their own weapons against them
>Top: GG becomes a juggernaut that overwhelms and annihilates his opponents in duels
>bottom: GG is a mustache twirling villain that uses ambush tactics and cheap shots to beat Jedi
Both are entertaining, but for different reasons.

>needs everything happening on screen spelled out with dialogue

Attached: 1553656262967.png (3813x2328, 941K)

I remember being dissapointed with the grievous in the actual Star wars movies due to genndy w/e being so cool. He dies like a bitch after an animated serious that was as even better than the movies desu though the movies would still be fun to watch.

Both were better than Rebels.

Rebels was shit.

Also, Genndy Grievous killed Shaggy.

>Wanting everything to be some kind of fucking pantomime with comically overpowered Jedi that only leave you wondering how they even lost anything

I think the main reason I prefer Filoni's Clone Wars is that it feels more like Star Wars, ironically more like classic star wars than even the prequels themselves. The world isn't overly stylized, it has a bit of grit to it, and characters are much more 3 dimensional fuck you that wasn't supposed to be a pun. Filoni's show felt a bit more human and relatable, like the original trilogy. Plus the action doesn't feel too over the top. Jedis are a bit prequel-level OP, but not to the comical point of Genndy's Clone Wars. Also, I'm not a fan of Genndy's constant unending action. Maybe it's the old man in me.

Also, it was the first piece of star wars media to truly do justice for clones. It's hard going back to pre-Filoni clone wars to see just how bland and uninteresting the clonetroopers were. I think we can appreciate both shows even if Genndyfags get the most butthurt about it.

Attached: marchtokrell-cok.jpg (1280x680, 201K)

are the avatar snow monkeys ever coming back

Attached: Capture.jpg (903x514, 81K)

>complaining about a visual medium actually using visuals to help tell the story
I'll also never get why you Filonifags get so hung up about muh power levels. It's fucking simple, even for as super powered as the Jedi were they were still only about ten thousand strong, the CIS had literally trillions of troops. They just overwhelmed them. Are you happy now I straight up explained that for you since apparently that's the only why for you to understand things

I agree Filoni's sw gave clones more depth

>The world isn't overly stylized
That's because it's mostly empty and bland as shit. 3/4 of the shots are close ups and the ones that aren't are wides were you can see how empty and barren everything is. The animation has zero weight behind it as well and all this "development" and "dimension" the characters have only ever the most basic, childish Saturday morning cartoon level.

> I'm not a fan of Genndy's constant unending action
See

Fuck clones and clone lovers. Glorified fleshdroids

>Also, Genndy Grievous killed Shaggy.
Holy shit, in retrospective that makes him even more of a badass that we initially thought.

Attached: Shaggy+blanco+truly+is+the+strongest+_fcb061d6c5b32a81119c344094207c2b.jpg (1000x562, 103K)

Im surprised of how little smut of them actually exist. Also do you think their civilization developed yoga already? Because if the experiment engorged the males PROPORTIONALLY, those ladies are going to need to take some classes.

Attached: CW_Chapter_25.JPG.jpg (853x480, 50K)

Genndy's gets another point just by not making the B1 droids fucking retarted.

>it feels more like Star Wars, ironically more like classic star wars than even the prequels themselves.
I have no idea what you mean by this. The prequels are as Star Warsy as you can get. Sounds like nostalgia goggles to me.

They're walking cameras with guns. There's literally no reason for them to be buffoonish and less reason for them to miss nearly as much as they do.

Is it really fair to compare both series considering the vast difference in episode length and number of seasons?

They were meant to be cheap and dispensable. They didn't have the processing power it took to do all that shit and they weren't ever wiped or taken care of. They get retarded because they're processing too much shit.

When the show first came out, I remember fans were pissed Genndy disregarded Labyrinth of Evil for the lead-in to Revenge of the sith. Instead of the cool story of Anakin and Obi Wan chasing Dooku around the galaxy, instead Genndy chose to show Anakin playing with mutant gerbils.

The coruscant battle was vaguely more like the book, but still left out more cool stuff like Mace and Grievous fighting on a train.

They're afraid to admit it but they just want the best Jedi feat of all time to be Yoda lifting a Goddamn X-Wing out of a swamp. It's like this in every thread where someone starts talking about force powers and Jedi abilities because some OTfags get so fucking butthurt about "DBZ Jedi" even in the prequels where the Force was still pretty tame. It's fucking asinine, but I guess you can't have your telekinetic space monk ninja cops be too capable.

Attached: TaM4dIja_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

That actually does make sense by the universe's standards, because droids are known to develop personalities by way of clutter in their memory banks hindering their basic processes and causing quirks in their thinking. For a machine as simplistic as a B1, "personality" beyond a basic ineptitude caused by insufficient memory would likely be impossible.

user, get the fuck over yourself. Or kill yourself, whichever's easier for your addled fucking head. I love Genndy's Clone Wars, but if you're going to sit here and in earnest try and say the DBZ Jedi complaints didn't have a point, you're a liar and a shitlicking swine.
youtube.com/watch?v=cF3ocZu4cZo

Attached: 1445916639513.jpg (400x534, 41K)

It works for going into the movie but you can't do much to explain away the entire cgi series

Attached: CAN'T WAKE UP.png (1012x2176, 2M)

Lick my taint old man, it's cool. That's all it ever needed to be.

Just imagine Genndywars sidious in action

Too bad that's not what your FUCKING ARGUMENT WAS, you ball-gargling ass speck.

It's not it's from CW when Grievious conducts a pseudo false flag terror attack to derail peace talks between the CIS and Republic in order to allow space jews to make more money off of war loans

Jesus, are you like 12? What the fuck kind of profanity is that?

Don't talk to me about profanity you silt-sifting jessie I've been calling pigfuckers the dirty pink-cheeked roserumps that they are since before you were a dark fucking shadow in your father's eye

ORANGE

>not going in BALLS DEEEEP to test whether human genes are compatible in order to create the new generation now that their current males are obviously genetically compromised

>When the show first came out, I remember fans were pissed Genndy disregarded LoE

That's fair. I think Anakin's vision quest is pretty kino so I got over it

youtube.com/watch?v=wmJqgdaTArM

WHERE WAS DURGE FILONI YOU HACK

Genndy is a fucking master at storytelling and worldbuilding without dialogue. Just from that clip I want to know more about the force and particulary about Windu. Whats this style of combat called? Is unique to him or can be learned, and if so who was his master? How old is he? What race is he? What is his story, his homeworld, his goals as a jedi? Does he has a padawan?
Lore heavy clone wars is entertaining but cant compare, this is next level.

I don't see the problem. This is a Force User showing off their superhuman abilities and how a fully trained Jedi can change the course of a battle. I'd much rather have that than two old guys awkwardly stumbling around with lightsabers.

Attached: 0mTTjH.gif (320x180, 1.1M)

>without dialogue

Motherfucking clones
youtube.com/watch?v=PIrrxrIQ79U

Is it unnervingly quiet because they're speaking to each other through soundproofed helmets and comms? Are they just so inhumanly trained and coordinated they can fully operate without words in a pitched firefight?

TCW humanizing the clones was obviously one of its best parts, but another part of me will always love the slight offness of early troopers

DBZ Jedi are cool and you are not.

Hmmm, I wonder

Attached: Secured Secura.png (759x524, 531K)

This honestly. The more I understand the prequel movies the more I am disappointed in them. These things where the best of star wars.

The movie clusterfuck is honestly impressive. Its like old big companies pass a certain point and are just incapable of competence.

>Shaak Ti vs that whole gang of Magnaguards

Zone you fucker, you never see the REAL potential that's out there

This is accurate except the first time we see Greivous he beyblades around the place

>Rebels

Attached: really.jpg (640x752, 36K)

CGI Clone Wars had better voice acting for some characters (Anakin, Padme, Ventress) but I like Genndy's version much more overall.

Genndywars had a much fresher perspective. We got actual large-scale warfare with extremely potent jedi, something which fits the space opera genere in a good way and illustrates the actual scale of things. It also had a way shorter runtime and structure so its pointless to compare it directly with nuwars. I don't think we'd actually see anything in that style again, since Genndy is the only actual visual storyteller kinoman left in the industry.
TCW isn't bad per se, but the small-scale "mission to here mission to there" recipe kind of gets stale after a while- it's hard to get the proper stakes and scale with like 3 ships fighting some skirmish somewhere or the characters sneaking to rescue irrelevant side character #252 that you won't see again, with no actual bearing on the war. On the other hand, it has pretty good worldbuilding.
Both are better than anything the mouse has produced, though.

I read a fic probably over a decade ago where Grievous fingerblasted her when he tied her up with those arm tentacles he had.

The only thing worse than Disney's constant failures to produce anything good is how they still have fanboys eating out of their hands.

Top for Jedi badassery
Bottom for Clone Trooper badassery

Seconding this. Genndywars is great but Filoniwars is, like, the only Star Wars media ever to actually try to be the sort of cheesy space opera serial that the Original Trilogy wanted to be in the first place. That it succeeded is another miracle on top of that.

I understand you like TCW but let's not make hyperbolic claims like it was better at being Star Wars than anything that came before.

I knida see their point. CW was kinda pulpy in a way star wars hasn't really been trying to be since the first trilogy. It's all been epic fantasy, semi-serious tone, and generally...depersonalized I guess? Pulpy fantasy in general isn't all that common these days anyway.

not even a contest

Attached: 1551317371959.jpg (983x1500, 414K)

Ventress>>>>>>>Ahsoka

Attached: Ventress_Coloured.png (626x800, 859K)

why not both

Speaking of Labyrinth of Evil, did we ever get a canon explanation on how Grievous captured Palpatine? An event as important as this should deserve some attention.

>The Mouse giving a shit about the Prequel era

The fight wasn't the point

>Force speed
>Force Valor
>Force wind
>Destroy Droid
He was just stacking buffs.

Genndy Clone Wars was far better in every way. It also had the best Grievous.

clone wars grievous is such a stupid anime villain-tier character and yet he's so much fun

sleek design, cool gimmicks, genuinely intimidating, do you need anything more?

so genndy wars' interpretation of palpatine's kidnapping is still canon, he just probably didn't do it with all the anime flips and junk, right?

I like both for what they added to the universe.
But CGI Clone Wars started having too much pointless filler in the later seasons. Like that 3 gods vs Anakin, Asoka and Obiwan memory wipe ark.

O R A N G E B U T T C H E E K S

Attached: j6kpxpdzkfq11.jpg (681x1090, 99K)

Shak-Ti>Ahsoka

>Shak-Ti
too old for my tastes, I like them young

Attached: Ashoka2.jpg (778x678, 99K)

Yeah. The very fact that he also had prior to that a badass yet tragic backstory made him one of my most favorite characters.

Current Disney media piss on his old story and replace it with generic shit.

Didn't remember her having such...large force reserves.

I genuinely can't tell if this post is serious.
>Mace Windu punches a Droid to death
>Separatists unleash a several-kilometer-tall stomp machine
>Mace Windu force pushes a hundred droids over like dominoes
>Aaaah, such exquisite visual storytelling! >What intrigue has been created!

I mean, it looks cool, but really?

It honestly depends on how much time you have
Gendy's starts good and ends great. Everyone raves about the Jedi and Grevious but most people forget about the Arc Troopers who in a roughly 5 minute stretch dedicated entirely to them being badasses and blowing through the seperatist droid army to help secure only speaks "General Kenobi, Target Spotted". They are freaking cool, everyone in that show is cool.

versus
the Adventures of Ahsoka featuring Obiwan and Anakin, it starts off really bad, the first season in my opinion, is the worst. It wasn't till the third season where I started thinking this was something to pay attention to, then with all the world building I really got into that show and it was fantastic.

So to reiterate:
You've got a weekend? Gendy
You want to get involved with something? 3D Clone Wars
However, in the end Gendy will make you want to get more involved with star wars and you'll watch all of Clone wars anyway so the answer is truly both.

*to help secure an anti air cannon, they only speak to say "General

Okay, I'm going back to bed, I clearly need more sleep.

That wasn't even Disney, that was Filoni and Lucas, before the Disney buyout.

Genddy WAS Tied to Episode 3's intro, filonni didnt had the chance of doing that out of respect for the previous one.

in my head genddy is canon and Anakin's vision Happened After Kenobi came back from Mandalore, which he got his new arm.

did u see the excprt from it that showed dooku using force lighting when qui gon was only 14

The original clone wars was good and very often freaking hilarious, however it made the jedi feel way over powered and at times it was hard to take seriously when the more serious moments came up. Dave's cw was kinda childish at first but grew very quickly and had awesome character development, action, and drama. Rebels captured the original trilogy feel spot on, the animation got better over time...just not fast enough and the characters weren't too cringy. I cant stand resistance...kaz is the new jar jar binks

2D

Attached: B53cA1kljOaON2p-t0s_dLwcHkSLeeWg_kHigbbShyQ.jpg (564x767, 122K)

Attached: 11030-0-aa9b862652c3aab871e238d5257d06b8-calypso.jpg (3000x1319, 963K)

>stop having autism
Apparently, expressing your opinions counts as autism now.
Fuck off, faggot.

One thing I'll never take away from Filoni Wars is that he actually showed the unbiased CIS perspective of the war, instead of solely focusing on the Republic. Shit was super refreshing

Both are better than the New Trilogy.

Attached: D3WEPJ4U8AIrBSR.jpg (1125x574, 88K)

Attached: DzAYVfiWkAEJKmw.jpg (1024x569, 74K)

Grail City DLC map never

Attached: Grail_City, Ikkrukk.jpg (1000x751, 114K)

it's just an average city with an ugly yellow shield overtop it. stop shilling this location already; it's been months.

Berchest DLC map never

Attached: CaliusSajLeeloo-TLC1.jpg (498x241, 62K)

Durge was originally going to appear in the CGI series,planned for the season 1 finale leading the bounty hunters take the senate hostage in exchange for Ziro.

However the budget/technology at the time would had made Durge in all his massive tentacle glory to be impossible, so they were going to retcon/reimagine him with more humanoid features.

By that point they realized doing so "wouldn't be Durge", so they dropped him and he was instead replaced with a series original, Cad Bane.

That’s good, enjoy your non-canon pleb taste. It’s okay to enjoy schlock

As a massive fan and also an indecisive coward, I think it’s apples and oranges.

Attached: 1491179550060.png (640x476, 464K)

Even though Durge would have been awesome, Cad Bane is just as cool

plus he's a Big Duros and wears a mask

God, First Order would've been awesome with Kobra commander in charge of a terrorist group instead of a knock-off empire

Genndy definitely delivered cool battles and awesome fights, but Filoni did a good job fleshing out the campaigns of the war at large. things progressed, lines shifted. Skirmishes were hard fought, but battles were lost.

Because he always was that way

The drawn one by Genndy, of course!

Based and cartoonpilled

THAT'S EVEN WORSE. Why? For what reason would they ditch this?

genndy's vision was his own. lucas and filoni had their own visions they wanted for it and since they were the owner and his right-hand man, their vision mattered more.

that would be hilarious if it wasnt so sad

Attached: 1513988440365.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

Fuck Lucas and Filoni. They had shit taste. It hurts even more with Lucas since he likes Darth Talon.

I really liked him at first but he got a little played out imo

I still remember seeing the promo for the senate hostage ep. It was pretty hype

From the start Genndy and Lucas were destined for divergence. The cartoon just wasn't feasibly gonna line up with the movies, and the movies had the higher rung on the ladder. It's just the way things were that TCW would mold closer to ROTS, even if they did utilize the animated medium to do more than they did in general

OTfag here. Before the prequels came out this is basically how I always thought the Jedi would be in their prime. We're constantly told in the OT that the force is limitless and that even the power of the Death Star was insignificant next to it, we're told that there's no difference between lifting a 10 ton spaceship and a small rock, and we see people force chocked from across the galaxy.

The problem isn't that Genndy turned the Jedi into superheroes, it's that George nerfed them massively in the PT. We're constantly told that the force is limitless but then no force user ever really does anything more than lift their lightsaber back to them or flip. We see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon use force speed that one time and then never again. The idea that you can overuse the force didn't even come up until Rian Johnsons piece of shit movie.

>The idea that you can overuse the force didn't even come up until Rian Johnsons piece of shit movie.
Luke uses the force to make a hologram of himself appear over halfway across the galaxy and it kills him for the effort. That's literally overusing it.

The canon one.

Attached: 1512249076086.png (868x422, 271K)

That's...exactly what the user was talking about.

>ywn persist in an uneasy alliance of shared goals with Ventress that eventually leads to a begrudged but mutual respect, a cool but firm friendship based on the understanding and veiled admiration that can only exist between two fellow warriors

Attached: adam-fisher-afisher-asajjventres-head01.jpg (1920x606, 153K)

Because Lucas, that's why. People tend to look on him with rose tinted glasses now with all the Disney fuck ups, but they forget he had some shit ideas too.

Filoni basically gave a vague non-answer about how "You can believe whichever Grievous backstory you want, but in ours HE believes he voluntarily was augmented."

Why did Lucas have to fuck up the aesthetics of the SW universe? The PT era and ST era feel like two entirely brands that just happen to share characters.

>Movie Grievous runs away everytime he's put on the spot
>TCW Grievous runs away everytime he's put on the spot
I don't see the problem here

Attached: 1549708055159.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Durge is great, but that change actually doesn't bother me too much. I have my problems with CGI Clone Wars, but Cad Bane was one of the cool things about it.

>twn be a story about Ventress haunting Maul while he lives out the last bit of his life on Dathomir
>Dathomir will never be revisited ever outside of Solo sequel tie-in stuff with Maul and the Nightsisters dead
it hurts

Which happened in Rian Johnsons piece of shit movie...which is exactly what I said.

Would've saved the universe.

Attached: 56582d725901b5fcb79fed28194c5d25025cb9a9r1-640-478v2_00.jpg (512x382, 45K)

>Movie Grievous and TCW are both consistently shit
>This makes them better
?

>Self-obsessed character decides to run away for the sake of self-preservation every time he's in danger
>This is a bad and inconsistent trait

You realize the image is criticizing the version of Grievous appearing in *both* Revenge of the Sith and TCW, right?

>The virgin FILONI Grievous
Try harder, you'll get there eventually

The Filoni show had direction from Lucas in the way the Gendy version didn't.

This No one is making the argument that the CGI series version isn't more consistent with the movie character wise. The point is that Genndy version is better than both.

>A random cyborg with lightsabers who appears out of nowhere
>Only has a few lines
>Kills a few Jedi with spinny cyborg limbs and lightsabers
>Runs fast
>No characterization or personality whatsoever
>The superior version

Attached: 1549704946689.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

Still mad we never got Gennedy Grievous. Should retcon current one into a clone and the Gennedy one being put on ice and forgotten somewhere because he suddenly regained his memories...AND GOT FUCKING MAD.

>"You can believe whichever Grievous backstory you want, but in ours HE believes he voluntarily was augmented."
This still doesn't make me calmer.

While I do love the action scenes and the visuals of 2D the 3D one is just far better in just about every way.

so who forced themselves to read that Padme book?

>This still doesn't make me calmer.

It isn't great and without Lucas, Filoni possibly would have kept the old story, but I dunno. Either way, I feel bad for Abel G Pena. Dude wrote a good backstory and is a huge SW fan. And is just an all around cool dude. Fuck, I wish he was in charge instead of that cunt Pablo Hildago.

We sadly can't have anything good in these days. We can only wait till one day everything gets fixed by some miraculous turn of events since even if we keep boycotting Disney, they'll never change their mind willingly or by force.

So what you're saying is that you haven't actually seen Genndy's Clone Wars? At least try giving this a watch then youtube.com/watch?v=z-efsM2XQB0
>autistic Filonifag prefers version where he spells out every single move he's making like a Saturday morning cartoon mustache twirling villain
Given how a fucking meme flew over your head, this doesn't surprise me.

>reading any of the new canon
I tried at the start but I just don't give a shit about any of the new stuff. It's fall just filler.

He has characterization and personality in Genndywars. He's determined, uses intimidation as a huge factor in his warfare, and shows vanity by collecting Jedi lightsabers like trophies. You get insight into his mentality and how he should fight in the scene where Dooku trains him, telling him he needs fear, surprise, and intimidation.

And yeah, similar to his CGI/live action counterpart, he isn't above bailing if he feels it's a lost cause.

Genndy was more aesthetically pleasing. TCW had much more interesting writing.

It's easy to say TCW is better because we have so much more content in that show but if Genndy had like 7 seasons idk which one I would like better. Probably still TCW because some arcs are just really neat and add so much to the SW universe.

Genndy also had much less content to go off of. Greivous ended up the way he did in Genndy's because all he had to go on was concept art from Lucas.

Muh dick

The only characteristics you need out of a good main antagonist is to be cool and to rule.

Ashoka

Ahsoka is a nudist

Attached: D3gr-3lU4AA7ce1.jpg (1080x565, 139K)

He called you autistic because you write like a rambling unreadable rapscallion retard, fagolio.

2003 Shaak Ti is my favorite jedi and is cute

Attached: shaak ti.jpg (210x240, 9K)

They failed on multiple levels and now there in desperate damage control and stick with a brand they clearly can’t handle

Not necessarily

I feel it’s somewhat worth considering that if his plans for Anakin were going off track, Palpatine would probably just arrange Ahsoka’s death as well or say fuck it and initiate O66 whenever he finds it most necessary

They’d stand a much better chance of stopping him though

vocaroo.com/i/s0mWkSAvWuOk

Attached: Obi-Wan.jpg (797x432, 254K)

Actually could've saved the universe
F ;_;7

Attached: CloneTrooperFives.jpg (491x618, 57K)

>nightsisters dead

That clan maybe, but its canon the species is still kicking

Plus theres that Dathomirian guy in the BF2 campaign

Attached: 20180908_232031.png (583x706, 230K)

I WANT Ventress to force choke me, tread on my balls and cackle like a witch

Attached: f1ebe6a0d019a5d1c3bb74286d33d429.png (1280x800, 1.41M)

Genddy's was a great spectacle, but everyone can admit that he kind of did his own thing without any respect to the Star Wars lore proper.

And in exact contrast, the 3D show was mostly a series of unnecessary and un-asked-for lore dumps, who-cares character exposition and child-friendly schlock, but in between the unnecessary and insufferable, it did present some very interesting and detailed Star Wars lore.

So basically two opposite sides of the same coin.

>child-friendly

Attached: 1538599094681.webm (1280x544, 2.99M)

The clone wars without no question

>The more I understand the prequel movies the more I am disappointed in them
wut

Genndy but Filoni’s was excellent

COBRAAAAA

Based

Yikes!

Who cares? Either way we’re gonna get laid!

Attached: 2282B823-2A7B-49A1-9C54-09A854EB1B1A.png (1440x900, 1.11M)

Genndy for canon
Lucas for waifu pandering

Regardless of what people say Gen dy’s Will always be better to me but I recommend both shows

>Genndy for canon
hahahahaha

Attached: 14956274273710.jpg (1796x1530, 887K)

TCW was better, Genndy Wars is overhyped garbage.

wow... this actually answered my question and you didnt even try or need to make me feel retarted, kudos.
ANd since you seem to be quite versed in SW let me ask you ¿did the droids ever pull a "second renaissance" and created their own state, or colonized a world for their own? That would be quite interesting considering one of the best characters in the franchise is a droid.

Attached: 000.jpg (937x834, 183K)

Ok did you just watch one episode and formed an opinion about the entire series?... Of course you did, this is 4fuckingchan.

>no, don't do it Anakin
how many times he had to tell this to himself?

Attached: anakin_ahsoka.jpg (1636x814, 141K)

Not him but Canon can be a bit unreliable even before the purge

Though there were whole races of sentient machines with their own culture like the Abominor, holdovers of CIS droids left to their own devices like Kalani and his soldiers, and conspiracies like IG-88 actually infiltrating the mainframe of the second Death Star

Are you me? I watched those catoons sooo many times before RotS came out and thought "As long as the movie 1/2 as cool as this shit, I'll be happy." Obviously I was very very very very disappointed in the movie...

boys with xenophilia find Aayla cute
men with xenophilia find Shaak Ti cute

Why are gendyfags so butthurt? Both shows were great.

[Spoilers]Fives trying to stop Order 66 is so fucking tragic. You know he’ll fail because Episode 3 is already a thing and yet you still root for him to try and save everyone, only to get gunned down.[/Spoilers]

Attached: D1LkOEfXgAEXvQo.jpg (1200x654, 258K)

MAYBE IF HE DOESNT PULL A GUN ON A POLICE OFFICER WHEN TOLD NOT TO, HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SHOT

Attached: b11fa97f8804a4c756db268bd4a0aa41.jpg (428x500, 21K)

If I remember correctly, wasn’t Fives drugged with something? I can’t remember if it was going to kill him or simply made him act differently, but the point is Fives wasn’t all there when he tried to explain the chips to Rex and Anakin.
There’s also the point that Fives knows how much power Palpatine has and knows how easy it would be for him to orchestrate an assassination to keep Fives’ mouth shut.
No matter what happened, Fives wasn’t coming out of all of that alive. At the very least he was able to save Rex, Wolfe, and Kix from executing Order 66.

Genndy's is mostly presentation and it was a work of art. The CGI show has merits, but it takes a bit of getting into at first.

Attached: clonewarsmain.png (1273x702, 908K)

I disagree. Video games were doing an excellent job of humanizing clones as were some books. Republic Commando is obviously the big one but the Battlefront 2 campaign comes to mind.
While Genndy's series is more fantastical I also think it works much better in the context of a series that bridges a gap between movies. Even though the tone doesn't match I think watching it before episode 3 makes the movie better in a way that a long form show like Filoni's never could.
That being said I do agree both shows have a place and I enjoy both. Genndy's series is 2 hours long and ties in to the movies, so I tend to recommend that one because it fits into rewatching the series better than Filonis. The longer series also tends to throw out a lot of original EU stuff so for big fans of the EU books and video games it might not be ideal. It fits in a place where if you want a lot of expansion on the movies but hate reading or only want to deal with one series the 3d series is the one to watch.

>The longer series also tends to throw out a lot of original EU stuff so for big fans of the EU books and video games it might not be ideal.
They did have Delta Squad cameo that one time tho. That was cool.

Attached: republic-commando-tall.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

I dream of the day when people stop giving Lucas shit. You should be on your knees thanking the man for all he's done and allowed to be done (before the sale)

that doesn't mean anything about them is canon, though. All that means is they exist in the TCW-canon pre-Disney and now Disney canon; nothing else.

That's a very pessimistic way to look at a fun cameo

It was really cool to see that and I'm glad they threw fans of the game a bone. At the risk of sounding entitled, I just wish we got more. Mandalore was really mediocre compared to any EU stuff from before it was released and there is so much other old content that could have been used. It's cool that there's a newer animated series that people like but I tend to go back to the older animated series, older books, and that's without mentioning the travesty that the video game license ended up being.

Man, I'm really torn on Mandalorians. I didn't really like the TCW version because it made them all into huge pussies and for some reason decided to drag Jango through the mud BUT the alternative was an entire race of guys who are literally just Boba Fett.

>Why are gendyfags so butthurt? Both shows were great.
but genndy wars ain't CANON

Attached: xy4o75ycwuh21.jpg (2048x4086, 404K)

pessemistic but realistic. the only way they exist in current canon is through that cameo, which tells us nothing about them, their history, their actions, or anything.

Canon really doesn't matter anymore

At the risk of being struck for Travissfaggotry, Mandalore as a somewhat backwater world with an emphasis on Mandalorian culture, whatever they used, would have been better. The cube cities were just too sterile, with basically just humans there was nothing setting it apart from any other advanced city in the series

canon decides what shows up in future movies, whether you like what it is or not.

Fives most likely had a kill order put on him

However, Fox was willing to subdue Fives, as he told him to stand down, and not reach for the gun

Maybe, just maybe if Fives did indeed stand down, he would have spoken there about the chips, of which Anakin, Rex, Fox and all of Fox's boys would have heard

Fives was THIS close to uncovering Order 66, but fucked it up by not listening

The biggest issue with current Star Wars is the lack of aliens. There are just too many humans now, whatever happened to the variety? I assume that someone upstairs doesn't think casuals would like seeing aliens onscreen for more than a couple minutes. Kinda like Mass Effect.

human supremacy is key. the closer you are to core worlds like Coruscant, the more humans and less aliens you will see, typically.
Of course you have places like Coruscant itself having the Senate and all the aliens on the lower levels, and various human outposts and settlements in the outer rim territories that break the trend.

MAKE WAY FOR GOSS TOOWERS

Attached: The_Pimp.png (531x905, 762K)

Yeah I had read all the Traviss books, and going into TCW I knew not to expect a version anything like hers, but I was still disappointed. I really did like the idea of a backwoods place where people ended up provided they could hold there own in a fight, and if I remember correctly in the RC books it was a mishmash of aliens and humans.
I would have been happy to see them go in a new direction but TCW just seemed generic and uninspired. The worst part is now the OT and sequel period mandalorians seem to be going back in the more militant direction. It seems like they're not sure what they want for mandalore and I'm sure disney doesn't care either way as long as money is coming in and complaints from parents aren't.

Ahsoka is a nudist

link it or dont bring it up, nigger