How is this even acceptable in 2019?

How is this even acceptable in 2019?

Attached: 6540651032056.png (2559x1439, 3.05M)

appealing character designs are problematic

They look like Parapa The Rapper rejects, I'm not a great artist at all and even I can make more appealing designs.

It's called a trend you tard

Following trends is probably the most retarded thing imaginable. Animation is suppose to look unique and expressive. The characters in OP look like something a corporation made to appeal towards mentally handicapped children.

I never said I liked it, I'm just telling you that it's going to either die out or evolve into something else in a few years.

why is everything so fucking ugly?
it's not like the 90s where everything was gross on purpose
this is UGLY and tells itself it's cute wtf

Attached: 1553806635945.jpg (700x401, 55K)

is this from nuPPG?

What's the problem? Use your big boy words.

The fuck is this?

so shitty character designs are trendy right now. got it.

are you telling me this isn't another pedo-bait spam thread?

>Sees thumbnail
Oh come on it's not that bad looking
>Open image
>See lipstick on boy
Jesus fucking christ

Attached: IMG_20181210_134309.jpg (566x594, 102K)

It's supposed to be emulating indie comics and webcomics, most of which are made by amateur artists. It's supposed to look like it was drawn by someone who draws as a hobby rather than as a job

It's actually really weird to see these people drawing like this, because I've met a bunch of people who work in animation, and a lot of them are actually good artists, they're just drawing bad on purpose.

It goes to show how shitty trends are. People would eat tidepods if it was cool -oh wait

Unironically yes

That's not lipstick, it's anime influence

that doesn't change what I said, dumbass

Is the ugly one on the left walking like a ballerina or what?

What a bunch of forgettable souless designs, what even is this?

>op doesn't state what the problem is
>where this even comes from
>or why he's being such a piss baby
it's like trying too get a toddler too tell you what's wrong when they just sit there and pout.

Adventure Time and Regular Show lowering everyone's standards nearly 10 years ago

>That's not a transvestite, it's the futa influence

Black people are allowed to walk whenever they want now.

They look too bad to be parappa rejects

Attached: E00A330F-62BD-4DB5-8462-091058428445.png (600x400, 18K)

I think you mean just adventure time, there was nothing wrong with regular shows designs and neither adventure time or regular show have anything(impact wise) to do with that garbage in the op.

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 57856785785678.jpg (640x705, 211K)

Why does the one on the left look like a fish boy?

Is this sóy in its purest Yea Forums form? Is it possible to get a Yea Forums image more infused with sóy than this one?

Attached: 1552887320350.jpg (1422x1626, 170K)

> 24 comments and none said where this shit comes from.

>it's your second post and you just keep spouting onions
the word filter wasn't enough crossboarder.

What's the name of this cartoon?

nuPPG
I thought that was obvious

Stop trying to force a meme millerfag

That actually explains everything

CN's reboots are shit on purpose. They know they can make a quick buck off of brand recognition, and TTG taught them that pissing off nerds is a great way to market your show since they'll do it for you

As such, they take all their big name franchises, give them to interns, and just let them do their thing

Did they not understand how Craig's style works?
They've completely Flanderized it into something bland and generic.

>neither adventure time or regular show have anything(impact wise) to do with that garbage in the op.
Objectively wrong, AT is the exact reason for the abomination in the OP. It's the thing that started the incestuous nature of modern CN, with AT alumni spreading out and making increasingly lower quality shows until it became widespread and accepted.

>abomination
stopped reading there. Hi millerfag

Because this is the norm in 2019

Did the kid all the way to the right just go into the barber shop and ask "um, yes, I'd like the 'chef hat' look, please"?

Christ, even Klasky Csupo would have a hard time coming up with designs uglier than these.

Hi pan

So, you like it, then?

Really sick of this "trend" then of ugly, deadeyed characters.

Thanks AT and SU.

Yeah like he had all the background characters have designs that emulated the 50s era of cartoon characters these just have NO focus or common trait, its all over the place.

AT didn't do it on purpose. It was a writing driven show created by a dude who wasn't very good at art, so they chose a simple style that wouldn't interfere with the writing. It's a similar case to shows like the Simpsons and Beavis and Butt-Head.

SU has no excuse though. Sugar is a great artist when she actually tries, and SU itself is an art driven show. It's just laziness.

I fucking wish cartoons looked this good again

Attached: 1554394429611.jpg (1119x1654, 880K)

Notice how most of the villains have sharp angles applied to their design.

The Professor is all edges and stuff Id like to think due to him being logical and having a rounded design wouldnt show that side of him, how he is a man of science, thats my interpretation anyway.

>thats my interpretation anyway
Having strong father figures is problematic in current year.

Attached: utonium decay.jpg (210x240, 20K)

Because it's 2019 and animation quality has been on the decline since the boom in the 90's.

>Sugar is a great artist when she actually tries
>Sugar is a great artist
>Sugar
kek

"anime influence" is an insult to the japs, they know how to make appealing cartoonish character.

Attached: Laughing Salesman.png (1280x694, 837K)

That's obviously his natural lip color. It's something that's applied to characters from time to time.