2020s predictions

It's getting close to the end of the decade. Things are very different decade to decade (ex. Adventure Time premiered in 2010, giving rise to the noodle arm trend). What will the 20s bring? My predictions:

>Contemporary CalArts style will be replaced or evolve. Yea Forums will still hate it.
>More trans people in childrens animation
>Spongebob will end but will have some sort of spinoff
>DC will make at least three good films next decade

Any predictions for 2020 and beyond, Yea Forums?

Attached: KarenTheCrystallBall.PNG.png (445x445, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itcouldhappenherepod.com/about.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yea Forums will continue to get more cancerous

>Simpsons reboot

9/11 will happen again but it will be a bigger meme than before. Believe me.

Attached: 640px-George-W-Bush.jpg (640x846, 124K)

2020 will be the year animation changes forever.

Attached: 1553896368138.png (623x555, 745K)

I kill myself.

double dubs confirm it.

Attached: 1554067892300.gif (700x718, 3.16M)

Cartoons will get significantly worse. Trends will get worse, and bad new trends will arise.

HOWEVER, there will be 1 or 2 shows that will not only be an exception, but will be among the best cartoons ever made. I don't know when they will get made. They could get made in 2029 or come out earlier.

Also forgot to mention, the worst Disney era (the Sequel Era) will be this decade for Disney movies.

>trans people
>people
barely

Johnny Bravo and Courage nostalgia bait reboots

You find happiness instead

I don't think I've ever genuinely felt it in my entire life. I try to improve but every year it all just gets worse. Next decade is going to be the death of me.

>nostalgia bait reboots
I agree with you. I think they’ll be pushing the nostalgia angle hard in the coming decade. We’re already seeing it tried out now.

Called the Sneedsons

Attached: 1541780642752s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

I'm predicting we'll get some decent "Adult" oriented animations that while not extraordinarily successful will be enough so as to warrant studios to explore the medium but nothing of any real notability until 2027 or later.

We will get less new shows each year.
New shows will not last as long as shows usually did.
There will be no new big mega forever running show to join the ranks of Simpsons/Spongebon/etc
The best cartoons will all be Netflix or the like.
A couple good not Disney animated movies.

Detective Pikachu will save western film animation from the tight Disney grip.

the kind of more blatant stuff op didn't mention
>continual rise in foreign animated works
>more independent and internet funded animation
>companies continual focus on streaming/apps/and sites as a platform
that second one might actually happen but it's been a while since I've heard anything a bout it.

Attached: noodle_idle_gif.gif (500x281, 424K)

The calarts style will diffuse into a ton of different styles with a few surface level similarities, and things will go back to the way they were in the 90s/2000s where there's no dominant all-consuming style. There will still be trends of course, but said trends will be less like industry wide house styles and more like things that just happen to be in a lot of shows.

Cartoons will both get more moralizing and less at the same time. You're going to see more blacks and gays, but they're not going to get any fanfare anymore.

Action will come back to some extent, although it won't have anywhere near the prominence it did back when it was fueled by the American shonen boom.

Comedies will get more violent and sarcastic as people who grew up with newgrounds begin entering the industry

>more edgy cartoons that aren't animated like ass
>furries will be the next big wave of whiners
>Simpsons and Spongebob get one last wave of decent episodes before they end
>a lot more VAs and creators will die
>Crossovers will be everywhere in all sorts of media
>We'll have a fully CGI movie with a handful of dead, alive, young, and newly made actor models (It will creep out everyone)
>comics will drop in sales killing a lot of physical stores
>toys will drop in sales as powerful tech becomes cheaper
>extreme enough weather will cause all sorts of bullshit

crossed need to be made into an adult only animated show for netflix

Attached: Crossed-001-(2008)-(Digital)-(Nahga-Empire)-04.jpg (3840x2971, 2.81M)

Simpsons might end. I don't know, I'm bad at predictions.

Invincible will be getting an animated series by amazon.

Attached: Invincible - Friends v20-035.jpg (1988x3056, 1.18M)

I can see the outrage now

Attached: Invincible - Friends v20-043.jpg (1988x3056, 1.13M)

>More trans people in childrens animation
Oh fuck you

>You're going to see more blacks and gays
Enough for everyone on Yea Forums to want to murder cartoon creators along with every black and homosexual in existence.

the warm hug of nuclear fire will embrace us all to sleep

>Netflix announces new cartoons and anime's for mature audiences
>New cartoons all turn out to be badly written, badly animated, Rick and morty, Big Mouth tier shows with bland and generic art styles and shitty comedy such as gross out humor claiming it's edgy, and gay shit.
>New shows are loved on social media, while Yea Forums hates it.
>New animes are all well written, animated, and vary in multiple genres.
>Social media either does not acknowledge new anime or bash on them for being sexist, racist or politically incorrect, while Yea Forums loves it.

Shows double down on the calarts design to lower expenses, shows are cheaper to make at the expense of design and animation quality, most shows are boring and inoffensive but are praised for being "comfy"
I hope you're ready for the era of the sóytoon: the 2020s

Attached: 1552887320350.jpg (1422x1626, 170K)

Aquaman actor gets arrested.

howdy millerfag

This won't happen until closer to 2030. AI Powered Animation Tools will create a new era of cartoons. It will make the difficult of animating something have a really fast learning curve, and the actual results will be indistinguishable from something done the old ways. A lot of bad shit will be produced though.

A lot of good stuff will come though. A group of high school students from Utah, using some pirated or trial $15,000/license software, will end up creating one of the greatest series of all time. The other popular series of late 2020's will be done by Pendleton Ward whenever he gets bored, also using the same software. There will be another really popular one, but it's fandom will be nonexistent.

Deadly Asteroid 2020

Netflix and Prime will be the only animation heavy offerings now with Disney owning Fox so a lot of outsourcing that CN has thrived on will dry up.

everyone dies in a great cataclysm, humanity ends

November will be a melting pot of drama that will end with the birth a civil war and people won’t give a fuck about cartoons

It's gonna be awesome.

Movies will be in black & white and no longer have sound dialogue (just captions), the Becky feminists will be BTFO by the Stacy Flappers, criminals will dress classy, Jazz will be the predominant form of music, BLM will finally achieve their goal of being separate (but equal), bowler hats will become fashionable, Germans will make better horror movies than the U.S., slapstick will enter a new golden age, drinking will once more carry an illicit thrill about it and the party will never end on West Egg until Gatsby gets shot.

Attached: The2020s.png (828x585, 508K)

If you’ve ever been outside in the real world you’ll know a civil war isn’t happening because nutjobs overreact on Twitter

>Cartoons will continue to be riddled with more gaybos
>Animation will probably just cheapen in quality
>The election is going to a fucking riot

The comics industry will be half the size it currently is, if not less.

Pffft. That won't happen until 2033 when Hillary is elected chancellor of Germany and CalArts changes people's zip code numbers.

Don't worry, comics are gonna be revolutionized in 2038 by the creation of two nerds from Cleveland.

Streaming services are going to mark the biggest shift in animation since television’s birth. You’ll see the death of the tv networks (CN stuff goes to a Warner streaming service, Disney to Disney+, maybe Nick stuff contracting series to Netflix)
What’s more important, it makes a smaller audience but one that’s starting to heavily lean older. This is why we get tons of fanservice shit. We’ll still get that, but that means we’ll get better series in the long run and maybe the first television masterpiece that can match Disney’s early films or theatrical shorts

2020 election faggots will finish what the 2016 faggots started here

I never find cute girlfriend to watch cartoons with

I would unironically be fine if we went back to silent movies. The 20s were the best decade for film

Cinematography will have to matter again, and stupid people will have to learn to read.

I say bring it on.

Attached: faust26fantasia40.png (838x293, 452K)

>kanye West and Michelle Obama enter politics as presidential candidates.
>Luthor Strode gets an AMC Live Action Show
>Feminist and NPC's start a book burning on video games
>US politicians consider doing they're own version of Article 13 or bringing back SOPA
>CN leaks Teen Titans Go X MORTAL KOMBAT animated crossover special, but ends up as lost media.
>Youtube bans pewdiepie after reaching 100,000,000 subs before T-Series

this post made my eyes bleed

Attached: 1554161321209.gif (500x267, 435K)

that's good thing

But in the meantime, Google will get more free data from all the 4channel users to train their algorithms and bots, so it all works out.

>Twitter/youtube user calls out family guy creators for every time peter has done some pedo shit.
>Ends up being covered in national news.

>BLACK MAN BA---....

>MUST RESERVE POWER.

>Cartoon Network brings back CN REAL and new canadian cartoons.
>Nick and Disney find out about CN REAL coming back and announces new cartoons being made.
>Ballmastrz 9009 get's a season 2
>Aaron McGruder announces a Reboot of Boondocks

Epic meam bro

china will attempt to pay off and influence studios to improve its image.

wrestledads gets a netflix cartoon

Ok

>The mcu dies after guardians 3 ( due to poor ticket sales) the dceu will too but i think it'll late slightly longer

> physical single issue comics die daily updated webcomics will take its place.
> the new trend in cartoons will be to remake anime i thin most likely ones to be remade are one piece, dbz, Naruto, and maybe a really toned down dective Conan

> more female lead cartoons who main character personality are always going be like the main bitch form costume quest the animated series

>Disney will collapse in on itself when movie theaters eventually die off

>4 chan will be deleted off the internet couple months b4 the election drumpth still wins

> marvel comics die after the super hero crash and disney no longer needs. Dc only put out 4 graphic novel of their best character a year

> Justin roiland and they cancel ricky and morty for respect

there's going to be an independently produced, out of the blue short that comes out before hazbin and long gone that'll blow everything out of the water

pun very much intended

Attached: honorable.jpg (210x240, 14K)

a whole podcast actually exists talking about the possibility of a civil war. It's by Bob Evans.

itcouldhappenherepod.com/about.htm

Attached: Robert-Evans.jpg (285x420, 23K)

>Shadman goes to Swatted on Twitch Stream
>Netflix contacts Hannah Daigle for potential Satina cartoon
Screencap this.

a whole podcast exists about the possibility of you sucking my dick, it's by me, anonymous

>The original will STILL outlive it

any chance you think that streaming services will have a hand in this or do you think that this will be done through indies or major studios?

oh god.
youre right. things are too calm. not in a political sense, but in a conflict sense for us Americans

plug your soundcloud then, user

>things are too calm
>in a conflict sense

we're in two major land wars, dude. not to mention our involvement in Syria.

So nothing will change?

>anime becomes one of the leading trends in animation as a generation of kids raised on anime makes cartoons under a generation of producers familiar with anime
>calarts doesn’t die so much as return to its Japanese roots, while becoming far less stock standard. It hangs around for a bit longer mainly as a Disney tv “house style” for their tentpole productions a la Gravity Falls and Star Vs.
>2000s emo and edge come back in full force, sparkledogs and demons and all. Hazbin Hotel becomes a terrifying vision of the future
>patreon funded webcomics/web animation creates its first real commercial success
>homestuck is probably connected to it somehow
>Rebecca Sugar is hailed as a visionary even on Yea Forums as the current generation of anons is replaced by newfags who don’t remember the hiatuses and dropped plot points
>nothing tops avatar, but one or two shows come dangerously close
>netflix lands one or two more bojack horseman tier hits before shutting its doors in the backend of the 2020s
>sjwisms don’t go away, but the culture war surrounding them does, likely bc some side or the other gets snuffed out between 2020 and 2025

I believe it.

I 100% believe this. It won't work. The state-sanctioned homophobia is just too much for normies to accept.

Do you think that someday, some user is going to go over the edge because a studio announces a cartoon character is black/gay/trans/muslim/etc. and tries to shoot up the studio. I remember there was a bomb threat at a studio last year when the CalArts shit was trending after ThunderCats Roar was announced.

Attached: bc sniper.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Pretty much.
>any threads and/or discussions about the new cartoons end up as usual with /pol/ being involved.
>Yea Forums anons only want to discuss about new netflix anime's while calling the mods fags for deleting threads.
>Twitter drama about new anime.
>/pol/ drama about new cartoons being pedo propaganda.

>anime becomes one of the leading trends in animation as a generation of kids raised on anime makes cartoons under a generation of producers familiar with anime
wouldn't that be somewhat of a return to the late 90s-early 00s? DBZ, Pokemon, Naruto and Digimon were huge with kids then and are being imitated in western shows now. i agree though. i think pic related will be a reason why.

>patreon funded webcomics/web animation creates its first real commercial success
I agree. Considering a lot of comic artists are using it in greater numbers, I think there will be at least one that picks up a lot of steam and gets noticed. It'll probably be a long while until it would be mainstreamed, but I can see it being far more noticeable in 5 years or so.

>Rebecca Sugar is hailed as a visionary even on Yea Forums as the current generation of anons is replaced by newfags who don’t remember the hiatuses and dropped plot points
I think it's already happened with Hirsch. GFfanboys only remember the good episodes, but tend to forget the hiatuses and shitty episodes. I think Sugar, Nefcy, Hirsch, and maybe Cotugno will be considered animation and art inspirations for future artists that start taking over the industry next decade. We already have artists saying things like Scott Pilgrim and Spongebob were inspirations to them, so it isn't too far off. Maybe around 2025.

>netflix lands one or two more bojack horseman tier hits before shutting its doors in the backend of the 2020s
I'm calling a buyout. I think Netflix will make some big impacts on adult animation come the middle of the 20s.

Attached: 4sm8nqte8hp21.jpg (1242x1584, 315K)

>era of the sóytoon: the 2020s
I think we should just call it the Dark Age

I will stand with you.

what is it?

>4 chan will be deleted off the internet couple months b4 the election drumpth still wins

considering all the wine moms on Twitter think that Yea Forums is an amorphous blob of evil that is creating violence in the world, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

i can actually see china trying to play a bigger role in us animation over the next decade. its a huge market and china still isn't the best at making their own films. i wonder how it will impact us animated cartoons and films

You think too smarr.

Seriously though, Europe is quickly turning into a powder keg worse than the leadup to the World Wars. Preventing the shooting from starting in the 2020s will take major policy changes that the political establishment seems resolutely set on preventing. So that will probably dominate the popular culture to the extent that most media will find itself operating under different parameters, especially if the US gets involved. Best case, it prompts a re-evaluation of business practices and creative processes, and leads to a renewed emphasis on competence at all levels.

Attached: lil kim.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Sounds depressing

the decline of the shitty sales of the american geek industry caused by sjws becomes more clear to everyone. the sjws become more hysteric, arrogant, egoistic, and anti-japan. in 2021 or 2022 the industry will literally financially start to collapse.

chinks cant do anything, chang

If you want depressing, think about why the political establishment is doing that.

>anti-japan
I don’t think they can hurt manga sales, user.

>Europe having a less friendly view on the US will lead to a buttload of new content made from there. Wether it's good is another question
>At least one major German/Chinese cartoon and/or animated movie
>Netflix is going to experiment more with cartoons aimed at adults
>Nostalgia reboots will rise and fall as people get sick of them
>A Mario cartoon

>i miss action shows so much
>i miss when we had adults characters as the mains
>i miss shows that were not pretending to have big deep plots.