Joker movie

>Joker movie
>it’s isn't lighthearted like Shazam and Aquaman
Fuck this bullshit. What were DC thinking?

Attached: C073A6EA-9763-40A9-AB4F-625E303D1D97.jpg (634x976, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5G47u6nH-oE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> retards: wah its an incel power fantasy
> reality of the film: the dark side of the society created the joker

Go back and watch Adam west

youtu.be/5G47u6nH-oE

And no one's complaining. Because a darker movie makes sense for the fucking Joker and not Superman, Shazam, WW, or Aquaman.

But that's retarded.

Fuck off back too /pol/

>Because a darker movie makes sense
Dc incel shills are this stupid

Some movies can have lighter tones than others, Batman related characters tend to be more dark and brooding for obvious reasons.

it's a villain origin, why would it be positive in any way? you'd have no character motivation.

Who gives a shit? Joker will flop like all dc shit.

Why the fuck should a Joker movie be lighthearted, Snyderfag?

Its just his Killing Joke origin with added stuff, moron. Joker wasn't lighthearted before he was Joker, he was a depressed loser.

On one hand if this does well, there's a chance WB will learn to just let directors do whatever the fuck they want. JL was over produced and it hurts. On the other...there's a good chance all WB will learn is "Batman popular: make more villain spin off's"

nigga thats clearly what they're going for in trailer, we're the baddies bad people made a bad person who goes to the extreme

Attached: 523002EF-3A6D-41AB-B0D2-047EDFBC3B9B.gif (220x165, 296K)

This. All it takes is one bad day.

This is why marvel always dominated dc. Anyone who said otherwise needs to grow the fuck up.

>Joker
>isn't funny
No thanks.

>Why the fuck should a Joker movie be lighthearted, Snyderfag?
Last time I check only lighthearted MCU movies make a billion dollars. Meanwhile dc flopping everyday

>Giving a shit about a dc trailer
>Watching a dc trailer in the first place

I hear butt hurt incels over captain marvel billions of dollars

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY!

N WORD

We've been over this

Snyder - MoS, BvS, SS, some of WW, JL, AM
Johns - the rest of WW, JL, AM, and all of Shazam and WW '84
New Guy - Joker, The Kitchen, Birds of Prey, and everything else from now on unless he gets fired for Shazam bombing

Snyderfags are so fucking bitter, holy shit. Also too stupid to understand that different tones work for different properties.

>Immediate company wars autism
I hate nu-Yea Forums

That sounds pretty cringey. That's probably the demographic they are aiming for.

>*HUFF HUFF HUFF*
>"DESPITE BEING 13 PERC-"
I'm looking forward to it.

Attached: running clown guy.jpg (1334x2000, 318K)

>*HUFF HUFF HUFF*
>TRANNIES RISE UP

Pitbulls cause 40% of dog attacks

I kind of wish they did a dark comedy joker movie. He does horrible shit but its all played off for laughs like its form his point of view.

Theres jokes and punchlines that would make an audience laugh in any other movie, but its all while he comiting warcrime tier acts on innocent people making people hesitant to laugh.

>yfw Jason Alexander will never play Joker

Attached: sad lion.png (275x300, 138K)

Waaaaah Batman shouldn’t kill when it realistic that he does

I know it's not intentional but I feel like this joke's funniest when you imagine him yelling and running like he's being chased but nobody is going after him. He's just in this eternal panic over being stopped.

>different tones work for different properties.
Meanwhile marvel movies like captain marvel make billions while dc flops

>What were they thinking?
It's a film about a funny clown man duuuuh.

Attached: 850ea92193a68c5ade376d2ff60fe44b.jpg (402x610, 50K)

> cringey
I know its you!
Go back to resetera or twitter you faglord

Looks like a trashy indie comic to be honest

I thought he was supposed to be running through the streets just yelling stuff. He's not running from anything.

I thought everything about this movie looked stupid right up until the trailer, and now I actually want to see it because it's not what I was expecting at all.

Pretty much this. Horse-shoe theory is real.

Say it! my fellow Yea Forumschads

Attached: 1553978268384.jpg (474x710, 55K)

Still living in your imagination, laddercuck

Attached: 1459735670371.jpg (679x864, 86K)

Only because it is connected to Endgame

Ladderbro please leave

Attached: schoolshooter.png (500x712, 148K)

Shazam!

Incels cry cry cry

Have sex incel

I get feeling this is genuine bait

Anyway im glad, it sucks the cape movies are becoming completely monogamous in tone. Ever single MCU movie is the exact same tonealy. Shit the first Sam Rami Spiderman felt like a fucking tragedy. I want more variety in tone

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY AND THAT'S WHY WE HAVE TO RISE UP
ALSO FUCK YOU VERONICA

Attached: 1552757145352.jpg (1280x800, 191K)

I don't know about that one. It's dirt cheap and being released in October.

Then again Shazam was dirt cheap and it's bombing like all of us with brains knew it would so...

Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that we live in a society.

>Comedy directed by an horror director
>Dark drama directed by a comedy director
absolutely bonkers

Attached: 1437285341153.jpg (206x212, 32K)

i hope all the previews are dark and edgy and then the actual movie turns out to be, wacky slapstick stuff

it'd be funny.

Based and Gamerpilled

pestilen/tv/ermin are Yea Forums's greatest scourge. No matter the cost, they must be purged.
Report each and every single live action thread on sight.
If they aren't deleted, or if you get wrongfully banned, politely appeal to the mods by using the feedback function and speak to them directly on IRC explaining why the threads should be removed (they lead to gratuitous amounts of off topic shitposting, political bullcrap, psychotically belligerent brand fanaticism & false flagging for the sake of trolling, etc.). Furthermore, you can try to convince them that by consolidating discussion of all live action movies and TV shows to Yea Forums, their jobs will be made much easier since their attention to shitposting in those threads will be more focused if they're on one board instead of two.

Give it time. It will make its cut

I'm surprised too. I thought it was supposed to be a zany comedy. What about those scenes of him doing that silly running and getting run over, and all those memes that came from them?

>Report each and every single live action thread on sight.
It's Yea Forums related whether you like it or not.

I’m too lazy. Can’t somebody else do it ?

>has only seen Nolan's Joker

Attached: seeing eye pitbull.jpg (2025x525, 152K)

Horror and comedy have long walked hand in hand.

>it's bombing like all of us with brains knew it would so...
Anyone who thought Shazam would make money is a fucking idiot

> reality of the film: the dark side of the society created the joker
I unironically would like this kind of direction IF The Batman is set in the same universe. Like how both of them are products of Gotham's decay

I think DC at this point is probably going to just toss out a wider variety of movies and see what actually sticks, which will honestly be better than MCU having about the same tone with each one. It keeps things fresher.

The difference isn't tone it's power. Aquaman grew up with the power to defend himself and the freedom to leave places he hated. Shazam has his family and the power to keep him from darkness. The Joker didn't have that, he doesn't have the external forces that build a person into a hero. Instead he's remade in the dark

Have sex

i think this is gonna be a good clown movie

>What were DC thinking?

We want the angry incel audience!

Attached: 654654574.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Is Taxi Driver and angry incel movie?

>Works menial job
>Stares at and follows Veronica at her work
>Takes her out, but she ends up rejecting him and won't return his calls
>Tries to whiteknight a prostitute, gets shot for it
>Wants to kill a presidential candidate

Clearly, we need to #CancelScorcese

This. Aquaman sucked ass and I’m hoping it’s the last MCU toned DCEU movie. Yes they can still have the MCU tone but for the right characters like Plastic man or Shazam.

Truly, we live in a society.

Why the fuck is Scorcese producing a DC movie? Didn't he have a big hissy fit back in the '00s when superhero movies started getting really successful?

But that's shit. Why do you want to be reminded humanity is gritty, cruel, and uncaring when you could watch something about someone who uses their power to embrace the good in humanity and protect them? Doesn't that make more sense?

What the fuck are you on about? It's a Joker movie

Off the top of my head
>MCU's flooded the market with safe, feelgood/lighthearted films for the past 10~ years
>It's a villain-centric movie starring one of the most notorious villains of all time
>The Batman movie will be about justice and shit
>Shazam is also about justice and shit and way lighter in tone than the average Batman stories
>Sometimes people just enjoy the catharsis of a character's downfall

>Movies can only be about one thing

user, I don't know if you know, but a lot of different movies exist, and some of them are sad, and some of them are happy

I want a movie to remind me that humanity is gritty, cruel, and uncaring and the hero still does the right thing

...You're the only one talking about /pol/ here, you incel.

Attached: 1527192202301.jpg (816x1356, 378K)

It's like those photos you see of a 6'6" obese man and a 5'6" beautiful blonde.

>lighthearted like Shazam
maybe you want to see the joker dabbing and doing stupid teenager shit, fuck off fag

You have the right idea, my man.

Attached: 1392162988304.gif (500x281, 1.71M)

Honestly my biggest beef with it is the fact hes convincing society to work with him. Instead of insane man who was broken by a traumatic event that was caused by the hero and decided to say "fuck it if I look like a clown I'll be a fucking clown and fuck shit up".

The joker shouldn't have justification or societal backing for his actions. Deep down the joker is just an insane asshole who wants to fuck things up because of the man who ruined his life and takes it out on everyone around him. Hes a lone man who should be alone with no one siding with him.

I honestly can’t tell what the fuck is going on in the thread
“Snyderfags” are acting like ladderbros now, what?

Attached: 951F947D-5669-4CEF-8B87-3D9E3524C17A.jpg (540x540, 47K)

Attached: aaxp7EAR_700w_0.jpg (700x700, 57K)

I didn't want to make a new thread so I thought I'd ask these questions here:
>What will finally break him? His mother dying? That woman he starts talking to revealing she's getting engaged? Being publicly humiliated on late night television?
>Do you think the laughter on the subway was him doing a stress exercise his therapist told him to do? Going from stress relief to genuine insanity?
>Who will be his first victim? Those subway punks? Those kids? The woman? His own mother? The therapist? De Niro's character (late night host)?

Attached: joker-mythology-canvas-by-alex-ross-3.jpg (820x1014, 155K)

Not cool.

Shazam is not out and critics are loving it. How is it bombing retarded?

Shazam came out today actually, just saw it an hour ago.

>wanting more cookie cutter light hearted comic book movies
God forbid films try to take themselves seriously.

Oh yeah, one day, even you went to see it, and it's "bombing".

I see.

Not everyone that responds to you is the same person.

THEN SHUT THE FUCK IDIOT AS I CLEARLY QUOTED THE OTHER RETARD

Alright user have a nice night and God bless

Except darker tones absolutely fit Wonder Woman & Aquaman.
And WW was plenty damn serious.

Beautiful

$5 says that kid the joker was making smile with is a young Bruce Wayne.

All it takes is one bad writer

What if joker saves young Bruce from Joe chill? Joker becomes a twisted father figure to Batman. It’s the joker that gives Gotham it’s greatest hero? What if giving the world Batman to protect it was joker greatest joke?

Attached: B2721218-FBFF-4382-951C-9EC1D2F4E2AB.png (650x400, 388K)

What's wrong with Joker not being dark.

Jerry! JERRY! these people took my schtick JERRY!

Shit you say it like it's a bad thing user.
kinda like how some people think of the movie fight club. i'm pretty sure there's a ton of people who are mad at life and working some shitty fast food job who'ed love to see this movie.

>joker springs his way out of prison

Attached: 1474173072320.gif (160x160, 178K)

>people online keep saying this appeals to incels but he clearly has a relationship with the black lady

Adam West Batman has not aged a day.

I for one welcome the returns of the early 00s.
Requirem for a dream and Fight club are pure kino.

When's the last time a DC movie flopped? Green Lantern?

The rumor is his mother is on her deathbed and tells him his father is Thomas Wayne and that's what leads him on a downward spiral.

HE'S DONE IT AGAIN

Are you out of your mind? It's the fucking JOKER. If Heath Ledger were playing anyone but Joker, TDK would've been forgotten about and TDKR might not have even been a thing.

Aged like a fine wine.

Thinking? More like winning

Attached: O1CN01ghZj8s1Z4cXkBh8Hy_!!0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg (400x282, 62K)

Maybe I want both hopeful movies and movies that remind me humanity is shit.

Well since everyone on planet Earth is aware of the relation between the Joker and Batman, you'll get both of those in this movie. The catalyst for Joker and Batman becoming who they are is the exact same, but they utilize it differently.

check again

this.

>durr everything needs to be lighthearted and safe
I swear you faggots need to be euthanized

Attached: 44DD96A9-FF85-4713-B268-414083A52684.jpg (600x600, 89K)

Most of those are tickets bought by Disney itself to save face

Well since everyone on planet Earth is aware of the relation between Venom and Spider-man, you'll get both of those in this movie.

The fixation on batman never killing is stupid and gay. It's bad writing in the comics. In a good batman story people should occasionally get killed by batman. He brutalized people and has tanks and jets and sometimes he fights for the liflves of million of people. So seeing him waste some villains or thugs feels right and is cool to see. Snyder did the right thing

Where is this rumor from?

You are a coward. Your post shows that, even after defeating someone, your perfect hero wouldn't have full confidence in their ability to stop them again, but would rather shiver like a complete pussy at the sheer thought of tgem ever coming back and trying to get their revenge. But Batman is not a coward like that, so he's not afraid.

The sad thing is there are far faggots that will think it's brilliant.

Shazam made its budget back yesterday.

Joker hasn't been funny in a very long time.

His ass.

You sound like a complete faggot then.

It made its budget back already.

I hope your right and the catch is that the film is about him finding Yea Forums in 2005 and spiraling into a meme hole that ruptures his brain and become the first man to see the clown world.
Then its called Yea Forums propaganda and is immediately banned across the world. Then we will all truly live in a society.

Attached: hhonk.jpg (567x374, 49K)

>let this murderer keep killing or ur a scared gay
hmm ok

>critics smash BvS/JL
>audience love them
HAHAHAH GET REKT DCFAGS MARVEL WINS AGAIN ALSO AUDIENCES SCORES ARE RETARDS ANYWAY AND ALSO PAID SHILLS
>critics aren’t glowingly praising Spider-man/CapMarvel
>Audience scores kinda meh or worse
NOOOOO CRITICS’ OPINIONS ARE SHIT ANYWAY WHO THE FUCK LISTENS TO A BUNCH OF PAID FLUNKED PHILOSOPHY MAJORS LOL ALSO AUDIENCE SCORES DONT MEAN ANYTHING ITS ALSO THE ALT RIGHT TROLLING

>the state bares no responsibility for holding or killing these criminals
Hmmm okay.

if it’s the state’s responsibility then why does batman even do anything? naturally he just cherrypicks when he does shit and then says “BUT MUH STATE’S RESPONSIBILITY” when he feels like it. what a fag.

He's there to help bring justice, not to execute

This is one of those themes like street vigilantism that's a big part of comic books and genre material in general that's so dated. In the 70s you could understand someone wanting to push back at the world because you could walk down the street of a major city and see criminals openly standing around ready to mug you.

But now adays someone like The Punisher would spend 99% of his time trying to find the violent criminals to shoot since organized crime has fallen so much and the people who want to lash out at society are obviously in the wrong because modern life in the west is so peaceful and the populaces concerns are more long-term and spiritual you can't summarize by being assaulted at random on the street.

I mean the theme has been fucking retarded from day one since all the shocking stories from the 70s about how horrible society was getting were mostly fake and people like the serial killers and cult leaders in the news during that time were not le people le pushed too far by le world but already psychopaths who'd be killing people in any social context but in [the current year] it's not even based in the current culture where people are more anxious about big ideas like politics and the economy than your fellow man turning against you.

justice is relative isn’t it

Not that user so I'll include him. Batman stops crimes. It's always been a misnomer to say he brings justice. He doesn't. The justice system does that. Batman is a vigilante but he isn't a murderer.

It is the reader who has the problem but the character. He doesn't kill. You don't like Batman if you don't like that he doesn't kill.

Not the character.*

In "Heart of Ice" from BTAS Batman literally tells Freeze that he fights for justice, not revenge

Good thinking. Nowadays, heroes should be fighting against toxic masculinity and white lies.

And that's a misnomer, cartoonfag.

You can still do that now.

Your joke but this is exactly how SJWs came to be

Marvelfags are so hypocritical

Are you under the impression that /pol/ is a board for talking ABOUT /pol/?

>it isn't lighthearted
well he's gonna set a guy in fire with a lighter, that's something.

Almost like they're trying to appeal to a different audience...

If Batman doesn't fight for justice but for his own psychotic desires, then the narrative of many actual comic book arcs falls apart as well.

The Dredd audience?
Because that ain't much of an audience.

Attached: Dredd.jpg (640x393, 28K)

Or maybe that's a relic from a time someone actually thought Batman was supposed to be a hero

Looks comfy.

Based

Will this be the film where the Joker dares to say the N-word?

Him being a vigilante doesn't keep him from being a hero. Him killing people he can restrain would.

Direct your faux sadness toward the user claiming Batman should be a murderer.

Only white people beat him up in the trailer. If anything trumps (or a stand in) election will be what makes him snap.

a group of non white children steal his sign and beat him

not only is this the most postmodernist piece of art I've ever seen, it unorically looks like a nice place to be. Also I absolutely want a poster that says IDEAS with a circle crossing it out.

It did no such thing

>being surrounded by furries while Barney blares in the background
I'm pretty sure that's an accurate depiction of hell.

i assumed the furries were dolls and Barney just meant kids cartoons

Go home Lee

Its giving me vibes like the movie the departed. It can either be terrible or a masterpiece.

The only 2 bad things this movie can make is 1) be safe 2) make Joker sympathetic. Either of those will ruin the movie desu.

>incel

Attached: D53DA3A9-AB02-4EB5-901C-4DE12AF11D4B.jpg (713x675, 43K)

What gives pic related and Joaquim Phoenix this "literally me" factor?

Attached: BWax5i.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

>Mass murderer
>Funny

12 year olds actually think this

The Joker movie should be this but darker and violent. Just like in the Bruce Timm cartoons, were the Joker is funny but also scary.

>My mother always told me...
>We live in a society
>But now I realize
>Society lives in WE

Joker is such a deep and profound character he will truly save comic book cinema from the capeshit virus that is ruining our society

>It made its budget back already.
Meanwhile captain marvel made a billion and Shazam flop.

>Most of those are tickets bought by Disney itself to save face
Grown the fuck up incel

He ain't wrong.

Go away /pol/

Damn. Now this is deep

Go away tumblr.
This will never be your safecuck space.

Just proof that all DCucks must be killed in concentration camps

it is still just opening weekend, incel-kun

Dredd was an awesome movie. Sad that most fucks would rather watch the same formulaic MCU shit over and over again

based Cesar Romero Joker

I would love for there to be a story where joker's from other multiverse all meet and eventually get their ass handed to them by this version

So, he's Tyler Durden?

You are a very very lonely person aren’t you