Wonder Woman and Shazam are both fantastic

>Wonder Woman and Shazam are both fantastic
>Aquaman, while not as good, was still pretty fun
>Doom Patrol is amazing
>Young Justice's return as been pretty good.
>The Joker can go either way, but so far looks alright
>The comics are okay, but Bendis is being Bendis and fucking in places where he shouldn't.

What a weird time to be DC fan

Attached: justice-society-of-america.jpg (816x619, 285K)

I feel like the comics were good for a while during rebirth but started to go downhill even before Bendis showed up and tanked a few books quality-wise, there's still some good DC books here and there right now though.

Also what the hell is that Robin Costume and how have I never seen it before.

Bendis has been fine to good. You just scapegoat him.

The only time Bendis has been fine so far was in Detective Comics #1000, where he wrote an alright story and Tom King took the award for most unreadable dialogue. Every other Bendis DC comic I've read so far has been bordline unreadable due to his nonsense, jumbled writing style. And that's not even touching on the actual stories, with such stupid shit as introducing Nuclear Man to the comics universe, only to immediately kill him because ha ha stupid cheesy movie villain.

>Bendis has been fine to good.

Attached: boy.jpg (700x1079, 211K)

Will Shazam flop, bros?

Attached: lXSWGjR.png (1092x1037, 65K)

No. What fucking stupid question

You have to read more Silver Age DC.

Attached: Justice_League_of_America_v.1_55.jpg (400x602, 72K)

Fuck off

Don't forget about Injustice 2. I thought it was great

The new DC stance is that "We never wanted a connected Universe, and selling a billion dollars in tickets is unimpressive and unimportant".
Oh and critical review once again matters.

I know its hard to keep up, there should be a newsletter.

Attached: Tighten.jpg (210x236, 9K)

I feel like comics are hitting a wall. We've gotten to the point where comics are too steeped in their universes for new readers to get into, but at the same time these characters are too big to discontinue their comics.

Don't forget about Injustice 2. I thought it was great

>Wonder Woman and Shazam are both fantastic
Stopped reading here. I can't imagine having standards low enough to consider those fantastic.

I can tell you don't read comics

>and selling a billion dollars in tickets is unimpressive and unimportant
Didn't Aquachad just make over a billion a few months ago?

Looking at the numbers, nobody does.

Monthly superhero comics, maybe.

He's right tho.
Batman is in a meaningless circle of "guess we'll give him a new sidekick. Maybe his Dad/Brother/Aunt can come back or cross realities. Or hey, lets (fake) marry him. And I guess Joker shows up."

It's like a soap opera that has gone completely dry of narrative energy. I haven't read Batman since the wedding bait and switch. So tell me, what great shit has Batman been up to since?

Is "great" good enough for you?

Yes, but Shazam isn't, so its not a desirable thing anymore. For reasons.

Wonder Woman is exactly as "great" as Thor: The Dark World, for exactly the same reasons.
All it has going for it was the pilgrimage of women buying tickets to support it, and the fact the Dark World was a serious step up for the DCEU at that point in time.

Hey I'm not denying King has fucked Batman, I'm just saying "It's hard for new readers to jump into" is objectively false because nothing really has changed.

I'm waiting on Swamp Thing. He's my favorite DC character. So if that shows good it's a great time to be a DC fan fromy point of view

No. Break even is 230mil. It's a shame that it won't be a big hit though

The biggest thing crippling Batman is that he can no longer be reset/rebooted because all of his OC "family" and shitty Nu villains are precious to some fanfiction-tier writer praying for movie residuals.

user we can't just keep doing Year One and "How Batman met ____" ad nausem for fuck sake. That's not the problem. The REAL problem with Batman is that he's not a goddamn detective anymore.

That too.
But it's kinda hard to sell Batman as a brooding Dark Knight standing a lonely vigil over his city, when he needs a full-sized van to take the whole "family" out to dinner. And that's if the girlfriend isn't there. He has collected this "The Waltons"-sized family and they are valueless to the narrative.

While I agree the Batfamily is too large, and Snyder's new creations are shit, it's not like all of them are always shackled to Bruce. Jason, Dick, and Babs all have their own books, Damian does shit with the Teen Titans and Jon, and Catwoman has been MIA and sent to her own solo after she ditched Bruce at the altar. Batwoman, Batwing, Harper, and Duke dont need to exist, but they're cameo tier at best in the main Batman book

What a stupid brainlet comment.

T. Has never read a DC tpb

It's effectively turned Batman into a camp counselor/self-improvement guru.
He's the Charles Atlas of Superheroes. "So they alley-bullies murder your parents and kick refuse in your face? Follow my plan and you can be the hero of the burough!"

Which I would not MIND, but then they pivot and constantly pretend he's some sinister and intimidating 36-yr old too.

Either age him up or stop piling on the accomplices. Dick is going to have tween children at some point and readers will still be asked to accept Batman is in his late 30's.

He had a pretty large family before and it worked because everyone was pretty much on their own books. The main problem with Batman is that writers treat his comics in the same epic scale as Superman or Green Lantern, or go the way of King and "explore" his mental state or whatever. There aren't any stories of Batman going after street level villains or solving crimes.

Well it's true the boss fight in DW is more entertaining, and I suppose your mileage on Pine vs Hiddleston may vary. But the movies have a great deal of similarity, including a supporting cast that is large and annoying.

That's because he's obligated to be everywhere involved in everything, as a crutch for sales.

Stop, you're only making it worse.

Yeah, and that sucks. Batman is my favorite character, but I liked street level Batman that could get knocked over the head with a 2x4 by any street goon. That's what made him more interesting to me, that he usually fucked up a lot but always ended up making things work. Now he'll just do shit "because he's Batman", and it's fucking boring.

I'm as pleb as it gets but good lord, even a fucking dog knows this shit is atrocious

I like how Dr. Fate is so confused about how to pose

They never said it wasn't connected retard, they said they wouldn't be as tightly connected. They flat out mention the fight with Steppenwolf in Aquaman and show photos of the MOS incident

Is this a parody of Bendis or was this drivel actually approved and published?

That's an edit, right? Please tell me that's an edit. If it's real it only reaffirms my choice to stop buying supes and action the moment BENIS had his name on the book.

Attached: 1547666849430.jpg (282x262, 16K)

>>Wonder Woman and Shazam are both fantastic
Are standards that low for capeshit?

I sorta feel the same? Rebirth was a huge quality boost but things have def gotten worse since then even if there are still good comics being made right now.
Like last year I was totally DC > Marvel comics for sure but for the last few months I've been enjoying Marvel more then DC. Though a large part of that is Spider-man getting it's head out of it's ass

>This has to be an edit
>Google it
>It's real
For fuck's sake.

Yeah, DC was on top of the world for a bit but then they started making a lot of the same mistakes as Marvel was, culminating in hiring Bendis

>culminating in hiring Bendis
I'm still salty he ruined Super Sons and Superman in one swoop. I wish they'd just fire his ass

That was more because for Rebirth the usual suspects responsible for many of the problems at DC were out of the picture. And DC was basically being run by Johns and the editors. Of course we only learn later that this was temporary and Didio had already hired Bendis to "shake" things up.