Black Widow

Let me guess, the reason they're making the Black Widow movie ten years after they introduced her (as well as a fucking Shang-Chi movie) is because they need filler until they know what do? I mean obviously the MCU is just going to start morphing into a new X-Men series in 2021.

Attached: widow ass.webm (1280x718, 1.73M)

Hot badass heroine make a good return.

No it's because they finally introduced a good love interest for her.

Attached: dance_date___natasha_x_carol_by_alienhominid2000-dbdepp3.png (1465x1200, 669K)

>I mean obviously the MCU is just going to start morphing into a new X-Men series in 2021.

Yes, user, of course they're going to stop making anything else. Why do people actually believe this?

Carol is better than Banner

They're making Black Widow because people were whining for years about wanting a Black Widow movie... for whatever reason. Probably because it was at a time where she was the only female superhero in any of the movies and Captain Marvel was still a long ways off.

They're making Shang-Chi because China.

ScarJo is aging badly.

I honestly don't care what OP is blabbering about. Just here to appreciate dat Black Widow Booty.

Attached: 1527737849158.png (280x246, 102K)

Because of this but at that time Perlmutter was in charge so he didn't let Feige make the film.

>tfw in some alternate universe Black Widow filmw as releassed during phase 2 alognside a Hulk sequel

It’s because Marvel is now profiting off making movies for minorities.
Black Panther and Captain Marvel where big hits only because they where movies made for that audience.
>come see this superhero movie filled with black people
>come see this super feminist movie
And now there’s rumors of them making movies of an asian superhero (forgot the name) and a gay superhero (Hercules i think).
They’re taking advantage of the fucked up state America is in to make billions of dollars. If CM is any indication, they will put no effort in writing scripts and only rely on representation.
Enjoy Endgame, because this shit is only going to get worse.

>Yes, user, of course they're going to stop making anything else. Why do people actually believe this?
Not all at once but c'mon, why do you think they were so desperate to get Spider-Man they couldn't just wait until the time to get the full rights? Why do you think Fox never let go of the X-Men? Why do you think Perlmutter went to such absurd lengths to try and make Fox give up the rights? Why do you think Agents of SHIT gutted the Inhumans? Why do you think Spider-Man and the X-Men sell well? Why do you think the X-Men have a billion spin-offs?

The X-Men is Marvel's most or second most popular brand. You yhink Black Panther or Captain Marvel made money due to the idiotic writing or bland star? No, they made money because they were lead-ins to bigger movies and had no real competition. Release Black Panther 2 in June and with no direct tie-ins to the Avengers and it'll make less than 700 million, if not less than 600.

Attached: - X-Men.jpg (900x914, 184K)

... Feminists are a minority? I know the Swedish feminist party is a massive fucking joke, so I'll believe that.

Attached: feministiskt initiativ.png (280x904, 40K)

I'm glad she's getting movie, in all honesty. I've always enjoyed the character.

I wish War Machine would get a movie too though. Now that I think about it, I'd rather he get a movie than Nat but oh well.

Attached: War_Machine_Armor_(Mark_IV).png (673x865, 414K)

>Why do you think Spider-Man and the X-Men sell well? Why do you think the X-Men have a billion spin-offs?

It's not the 1980s or 1990s anymore, the X-Men don't sell as well as they used to, and both Marvel and fans are having real difficulty accepting this and adapting to it. If we didn't know about the Ike/Fox thing, cutting the line down to 5 books in 2015 would have just seemed like capitalism in action, there are less X-books because they don't sell as well as they used to and the audience has shrunk.

Spider-Man still sells well for Marvel, but X-books that would have been in the top 10 back then and routinely selling over 100,000 copies a month are sitting a lot lower in the top 100, and selling 40-60,000 per month. For Marvel right now, X-Men comics don't really sell any better than Avengers, Hulk or Thor, all of which outsold the first issue of a new "Age of" X-Men event, while in January, an issue of Venom sold better than the return of Wolverine. This would have been unthinkable in the 1990s. The only reason for Marvel to publish so many X-books appears to be just that a lot of those 40-60,000 people are willing to buy 10+ X-books a month, and it doesn't even matter if those books are good or not (they're usually not), so long as they stay above cancellation numbers and Marvel is making enough of a profit to justify it.

As for the movies, even before Disney bought the rights, look at the lack of hype and excitement for Dark Phoenix or New Mutants, because people only really care about Wolverine and Deadpool, not all the lesser characters. An immediate reboot, even as part of the MCU, risks a repeat of the Amazing Spider-Man movies, a too-soon, unasked for reboot that audiences didn't care for. They can afford to take their time and wait for memory of the Fox movies to fade, it's not like Disney needs that Big Wolverine Money immediately.

That makes me sick...

We know you want to murder all gays, user, but you need to control your hatred for just a little bit.

Be good seeing War Machine in his own movie

Why, so everyone on Yea Forums calls it more "black baiting trash" like they already do with Black Panther?

Black widow for fan demand

Shang chi for ch*nk dollar

China is thier main cash cow not the USA its sketchy as fuck and its all about profit from merchendise.

I thought the reason they're in a rut was the lackluster movies and Marvel Entertainment's self sabotage?

I suspect they're interested in a BW movie also because with the Cap trilogy done the MCU wouldn't have any other "semi-realistic action thriller" equivalent

That is not true. Box office split in China is 25-75 in the theaters' favor. In America Disney can get over 60% of the raw box office in a good year. So domestic is always more valuable.

China is often their biggest source of revenue OUTSIDE the USA, but the US box office is by far the biggest source of profit for them.

X-Men sales started declining in the late 1990s, but relative to everything else, the decline wasn't too bad, because so many people kept reading no matter how bad the books got. Things changed in the 2000s, Claremont's return, and writers like Morrison and Whedon caused sales spikes for their books, but the X-books as a whole were no longer dominating the industry, long before Ike was deliberately sabotaging anything. Morrison's run holds the dubious distinction of being acclaimed, yet alongside Casey and Austen, drove away a significant number of the old audience, who never came back. He and Whedon brought their own audience with them, which propped sales up only for as long as they were writing.

The movies have continued to make a profit, but the most successful ones do as well as second-tier MCU movies, none of them have grossed a billion. Reducing Wolverine to a cameo hurts sales, First Class made less than The Last Stand, Apocalypse made less than Days of Future Past.

Not the OP, but that only hide the problem. Yet we see similar factors in the 90s: bad writing, endless crossovers, gimmicks, etc, but the X-books were at their peak in terms of sales. The problem was just less apparent when previously they had strong writers/editors to sell the books and then later Ike and "self-sabotage" as an excuse. But the X-books are apparently following the pattern of decline that occurred with the other big comic book franchises of the 80s like LoSH and TT. It's just that it took longer due to the sheer size of its following compared to those two.

If not for the failure of Elektra and Ultraviolet, we would have had a non-MCU Black Widow film in 2005/2006. The screenplay was announced and the trades reported it as greenlit for production under Lionsgate.
She's not some rando character that no one ever saw potential in, she was the first female superheroine to get a solo strip at Marvel. There's a reason they stuck her in the movies the first chance they got.

They should have made the movie a while ago but I think the dumb infinity stone saga is kind of what tied their hands with it. Remember when the argument about every other rumored movie was about how it would or wouldn't advance the macguffin rock plot?

Attached: amadv4.jpg (722x918, 246K)

I'd give my left nut to eat her ass

At least a fucking west coast Avengers

Radical feminists are a minority. The vast majority of people seem to accept the basic tenets of the feminist movements of the past like "women deserve political equality" and "No one gender is more valuable than another" but don't necessarily believe that every expression of gender norms is a symptom of the patriarchy and misogyny. That's why anti-feminists get laughed at as well as radical feminists. Anyone who stands opposed to the entire feminist movement is a joke.

The fact that they had Black Widow all these years and waited this long to make a movie is pretty fucked up. And this was before anyone at Marvel/Disney decided Captain Marvel deserved to be the """""first""""" female superhero in their universe.

War Machine might get a Disney Plus series at best.

None of the supporting characters are getting movies. Black Widow is the exception, not the rule.

There was an article I read a couple of weeks back, where the writer said words to the effect that Captain Marvel, unlike Scarlet Witch, actually wins. She succeeds.

Natasha is Cap's sidekick, while Wanda consistently fails at everything, with the snap being her biggest failure yet.

Meanwhile Carol Danvers fights battles, wins them, destroys armadas, and wins. She does this not as a sidekick, but as a standalone heroine.

That's why Captain Marvel grossed a billion, because after seeing Natasha stand behind Cap, and Wanda's latest fuck up, they actually got a female role model.

blame it on Ike.

based

You really think radical feminists are the only people that want to watch a Black Widow movie.

I never said that.

But aren't Wanda and Natasha presented as, you know, actual characters with weaknesses and actual goals to compliment what they actually do? Carol is just bland as hell.

Carol is not a good role model.

>They went for a Black Widow movie instead of Guardians 3000 for their filler intermission-inbetween-phases movies

Attached: MUDA.png (680x970, 1006K)

Looks like they don't want to identify with characters who have flaws and weaknesses, to overcome, they want everyone to just see they were perfect already and don't need to ever change. They don't want characters who care about and love other people, and they certainly don't want any romance for their self-insert character (not even in Disney Princess cartoons), they just want the power fantasy of being the best, most powerful one there is, who is always right and perfect and nobody can tell them what to do. They want to be righteously outraged when appropriate, and to have the perfect quip for every other occasion.

That would probably happen unfortunately. But I think a lot of us just want to see Rhodey blow shit up for 90 minutes and get to do something really cool and maybe even important again.

You wouldn’t want to give her a smooch yah dingus?

have sex

Feige said they have plans up to 2030, you mongoloid. They obviously know "what to do".

Fiege has backup plans and improvises more than he let's on. It's pretty obvious Shang-Chi and the Eternals are getting movies since Marvel TV wasted Iron Fist and the Inhumans

>Inhumans

Inhumans was Ike's idea from day one. As soon as Disney detached the MCU from Marvel after AoU, Feige dropped it like a hot potatoei.

I know, user. It makes me sick too. And when I get sick, my special area gets swollen and hard, and Mommy Dearest says that she needs to massage it to get the sick germs out. I don't know why she eats the germs after they finally come out, but it doesn't make her sick.

God damn this show had amazing asses

Attached: maria hill earths mightiest ass.png (1014x722, 799K)