Ken Penders

Seriously, wtf was this guy's problem?

Attached: Ken-Penders.jpg (290x200, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theamazingsallyhogan.tumblr.com/post/68112487973/sonic-the-hedgehog-ken-penders-bioware
twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1102843137884471296
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His father never hugged him :(

raw narcissism

The tism

He saw a business opportunity and he took advantage of it. Anybody who says they'd do differently is either a lair or a failure or both.

Archie Sonic was the only success he had to his name, and now that it's over and none of "his" characters are ever going to be used in any future media, he can't even spend the rest of his life living off royalties

he's a cool dude
archie sonic is kino

>none of "his" characters are ever going to be used in any future media
I take it you haven't been keeping up with Penders during the last 6 years.

Any future SONIC media, I should have specified

Attached: rlrprlyzfr4y.jpg (486x750, 91K)

That's good though, he doesn't want anyone but himself using his characters anyway.

OH NO NO NO NO

He came from a different reality where he created Knuckles and can't deal with the fact things work different in this one.

Didn't he say he wouldn't have minded Archie using his characters post-reboot if they paid him?

>3D everything
Is this going to be a Marvel comic?

>You're either exactly like I am or you're a liar!

It's kind of funny that the most prolific creator of Sonic OCs is the one that knows basically nothing about the series.

No, it was several stipulations:
>Penders indicated that any licensing of his characters would be contingent upon certain stipulations, including: the deaths of any of his characters would have to be approved by him first (but aside from death he would give complete freedom with his characters, except for Locke, Julie-Su, and Lara-Su), nothing involving the characters Julie-Su, Lara-Su, and Locke could contradict his stories about them set in the future (somewhat difficult, since Locke had been killed after Penders left the book), and any story involving Lara-Su had to be read and approved by him first (he indicated that he did not need to read and approve stories by any of his other characters). However, he clarified that he did not have a strong need or desire for his characters to appear in the Sonic books, stating on September 3 “Frankly, at this point, I really DON’T CARE if my characters are EVER seen in any upcoming story in the SONIC series.”
theamazingsallyhogan.tumblr.com/post/68112487973/sonic-the-hedgehog-ken-penders-bioware

So then you're a failure, got it.

>you have to be mean to be successful
So how's your multi-bullion dollar industry doing?

>He saw a business opportunity and he took advantage of it.
And where did that get him again?

Can't fail, when you prefer the humble life. Not everyone wants to be a superstar.

was this the guy who drew tickle fetish art and said it was political commentary?

>being opportunistic is the only way to have a successful life
are you jewish?

This dude is just a CWC that is not full illiterate

>Anybody who says they'd do differently is either a lair or a failure or both
Or anyone capable of realizing his “business plan” was doomed to failure because his OC echidnas were never the thing that sold Sonic comics.

I think CWC is more intelligent.

Mediocre writer and artist who lucked the fuck out with the Sonic gig, he would have washed out decades ago without that.
Because he has absolutely no perspective on video games and their popularity he genuinely thinks the Sonic franchise is successful because of him and that the massive fanbase developed because of his characters.

There are a lot of other creators who have like one character or run that was significant or popular and they've continued to attach themselves to them and leech off their popularity despite doing nothing of note since then. Penders is just a particularly hilarious example because his thing is Sonic and his retarded stories and stupid characters are notoriously bad.

Attached: D1_weqeVYAEghxe.jpg large.jpg (1448x2048, 455K)

No, Chris is genuinely obsessed with Sonic and its lore. Penders never cared about the series and just used the comic as a place for him to tell all his awful stories. His only exposure to the game was that he was vaguely aware that his son liked the Genesis games.

CWC is developmentally arrested, mentally ill tier autism. Penders is just your standard comic book manchild. Dude even has a wife and kids.

twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1102843137884471296

I don't know if he's making a joke or if he genuinely thinks they're ripping him off.

That John K

The "Business Opportunity" ostracized him from the community he had spent years in. This along side his general behavior while he was working in the company, burned any bridges he may have built.

He sacrified long term security and profit for short term gain. That is patently NOT a good decision and anyone who could look at it rationally for 5 minutes would have abandoned it.

This almost seems tolerable. If he actually worked at it and practiced his EVERYTHING a bit more, he could make something that someone could possible enjoy, even if only a little.

I probably would've tried to get something for myself out of it, but it would've just been money, I absolutely would not have held up characters and concepts from the franchise, it would've been hurtful to a franchise and fanbase I like and disrespectful to the writers currently using them.

But then again, I'm a good writer so I probably wouldn't have gotten my ass canned in the first place.

Does anyone else find themselves bursting out laughing when they think of how thoroughly Penders destroyed Archie Sonic? It's some of the most powerfully destructive pettiness I've ever seen.

It does a lot to show the special brand of incompetence that SEGA deals in, that's for sure. That unique kind of corporate buffoonery that could lead to a guy like Penders getting away with what he did could only come from the top and permeate the company at all levels. No wonder Sonic's games are so up and down in quality.

To be fair, the whole thing was more Archie's fault than Sega's.

>I’m a good writer
Post your work

>Anybody who says they'd do differently is either a lair or a failure or both.

You got me. I am a lair.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

The world's number 2 sonic fan

It's very obvious that that was the REAL reason. He thought he was so important that they'd be begging for his characters back.

when they full on erased them from the book, he had to save face and say he was gonna make his own book, cause so far he hasn't worked on a single page for years.

t. Ken Penders

There is not a single well-designed or appealing aspect of this. How did he manage such a colossally bad piece of art? There’s almost an art to his terrible this is.

While I don't for a second entertain Penders' delusion they're knowingly ripping him off, he has a point. Movie Sonic does kinda look like how I imagine a more competent artist would interpret the character designs from his Donut Enchilada comic.

We lost Archie over freaking Sonic Chronicles think about that...

If you think that page composition is tolerable, I need to punch you.

Mega autism

>Nintendo teams up with an RPG studio to make a Mario RPG
>It's a beloved classic and spawns a (later two) series of it's own that's also beloved at least the first 2/3 games
>Sega teams up with an RPG company to make a Sonic RPG
>Not only is it rushed and underwhelming, it inadvertently brings about the end of the Archie comics, which are otherwise totally unrelated.

Go back to your safe Larasu forum Ken.

Archie is mostly to blame for all of this.
>letting Penders slip in his OCs and take over comic without having any quality control
>losing the legal documents over the copyright of said characters
Penders is a hack weirdo but Archie was incompetent

Attached: 1435031857160.png (172x233, 85K)

I don't think they can be blamed too bad for the legal documents being lost in a fire, they had copies of them at the least but the Judge wanted the originals which were destroyed.

huh....I cant really argue with that. He does seem the type.

Jesus Christ, this is haunting.

Bump

Does that exist? I sure hope it does

>So, what photoshop effects do you want on the cover, Ken?
>Yes

Not even the creators of the games know what the "story" is

Autism, not the funny kind

He needs to work on his colour balance and the like. His composition ain't all that bad and when he draws the characters on model it's... Passable. He needs to chill out with the layer styles and filters though

He is what happens when creepy weirdos that draw all day in class grow up and get jobs. They become creepy weird adults that continue being fucking strange.

that pedostache holy shit

He just had a touch of the tism, the way most comic writers do