ADULT CARTOON

ADULT CARTOON

Attached: Secret_World_cover.jpg (265x374, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YciQn3gFwvM
youtube.com/watch?v=tPqXIHPnsrI
youtube.com/watch?v=EARd-fmKZ2g
youtube.com/watch?v=LzRF3p6yNFU
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=106840960
youtu.be/Tx-mla7a8jU
youtu.be/wcl0O8SF9dk
youtu.be/yIR_oNGOTeU
youtu.be/YqfKCg0Vawg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd rather have a better game

What is this thing? Looks like edgy crap.

An MMO where you join the Illuminati, Templars or an oriental chaos cult to fight demons

The Secret World is a modern fantasy MMO with fairly decent lore and setting and poor gameplay.

youtube.com/watch?v=YciQn3gFwvM

Edgy crap I see.

Alex Mac is getting a gritty sequel?

Ross Scott is the best.

I forgot he made this one...

People remember this? Is it even still around?

Trailers were good
youtube.com/watch?v=tPqXIHPnsrI
youtube.com/watch?v=EARd-fmKZ2g
youtube.com/watch?v=LzRF3p6yNFU

Also investigations were cool. You were like a detective. There was built in internet browser that allowed you to look for clues. For example you've found an ID of someone, so you searched him on his company's web page, there you got some more clues for other stuff.... It was fun unless you ignored it and directly googled answers to everything.

>that mission where you had to read sheet music to play piano, translate Latin, and piece together a Shakespeare quote
AHHHHHH

Secret World Legends is pretty fun

Wrong and of very poor taste. I bet you say this and then go read Hellblazer.

Have you ever considered not being a woman?

a modern mmorpg whose only really unique thing i remember were those quests where you had to actually solve misteries and shit

there was one mistery where at one point you found a body of some corp guy with only his name in it and you needed his birthdate so you had to use the ingame browser to go to his fake company's website and check the staff page for info
pretty cool

>Welcome to the game Dungeon

It became less fun when the clues became so commonly searched that googling them would specifically bring up walkthroughs for the quests instead of the original book or poem or whatever source material the puzzle was based on.

I sort of miss TSW, though. Playing for the Illuminati scratched an itch that I haven't felt since the original Deus Ex. Unfortunately, the gameplay is total dogshit and it's pretty ugly to boot.

I was hyped by the trailer, but then I learned it was an MMO and that killed all the hype for me.

I think Secret World would have worked better in something more like a Guild Wars classic format where you had HUB towns that were the 'massively multiplayer' bit, but all the zones and stuff were technically instanced and other players only appeared if you invited them to your team (and possibly some random NPCs of random dispositions, some of whom outright attack you to keep your paranoia up)

investigations were the fucking shit.

Secret World Legends is still a thing, I believe there's still people playing but the problem's are that it's dumbed down a bit* from the original and new content is a painful trickle such that it took a year after Legends launched to get brand new content not just recycled from the original game. And the new portion was really short and not as well-written as the tokyo stuff.

*this might be a case where 'dumbing down' isn't all bad because the AEGIS system was tedious crap. What really hurt though was losing Auxiliary weapons and the related quests with them. I miss my fucking chainsaw.

Attached: ISSUE_9_COVER_600.jpg (600x896, 569K)

I never managed to go very far on account that I lose interest very fast on such games, I'm tempted to Watch a walkthrough but then again, I always like character customisation.

did he made more stuff like Freeman's mind?

character customization was always uncanny to me. One day I was just messing around and realized I made my sister.

Seriously, this is almost exactly how she looks.

Attached: Familiar.jpg (523x572, 78K)

She's cute. Got any nudes?

>have third person camera in tsw as a toggle with a hotkey to switch between viewable targets
>don't put said hotkey in swl
>manually selecting targets is aids and makes things like MFA2 unsuitable to be brought back
this is actually my biggest gripe for the game

Should have just been a single player game. The world, lore, and stories were amazing but it was held back by the mmo gameplay part

>it was held back by the mmo gameplay part
that's a funny way of saying funcoms internal staffing issues and piss poor project development

Plot twist: user doesn't have a sister. It's been his split personality the entire time.

What are some Yea Forums realted properties that are like the secret world?

Yea Forums threads are cancer and against >>>Yea Forumsrules/1
OP is a faggot.
Do your part to help purge this board of subhumans like him by reporting this thread.
Here's a link so you don't have to scroll up to the top of the page.
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=106840960

Autism

10/10 story
2/10 gameplay

I still love TSW to death and hate that Funcom forgot it existed for that open world survival skrilla.

Lilith was bae,
Not Yea Forums

Attached: 2015-04-02_00096.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

I love the setting and many of the quests that break from the typical kill 5 bears and deliver me their pelts MMO shite.
One wonders the potential if the game had been reworked and released as a single player experience.

Time for some fucking Filth lore, you shitters.
>Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste and see.

>TRANSMIT - initiate cephalopod signal - RECEIVE - innate cutle-ink frequency - HANDLE WITH CARE - inhale the Chernobyl syntax - AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN - initiate the eel mucous lexicon - HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED - flip the Ace of Ruin - WITNESS - The Filth

>Initiate investigation protocols - NEW ENGLAND - fog follows on ancient weapon - EGYPT - Dark Water rises and cultists drink deep - TRANSYLVANIA - putrescent radiation breeds creeping fungus - TOKYO - the Black Signal broadcasts blasphemous algorithms, infecting all ears - following the signal...

>It Creeps through the crawly cracks of 3AM. That weird dimension. There are thoughts that can only hatch in the human skull at 3AM. It is always 3AM somewhere. It is happening right now.

>A woman wakes with a headache. She seeks aspirin in the bathroom. Black mold grows on the wall tiles. The stain forms a face. She hears a terrible howling from the sink drain. She bends to listen. When she looks up, she does not recognize the reflection in the mirror. The face in the stain smiles.

Probably one of the best written videogame from the last decade, but sure.

>Night after night she listens to the howling in the pipes. It gains a bloodcurdling cadence. She hums along. She can almost sing the words. She scratches the pimples dotting her body. They swell to boils. They burst, revealing new eyes. The eyes show her unutterable truths. Soon, she sticks thumb tacks into her tongue so she can better explain these truths to the weeping children whose beds she hides under.

>Its always 3AM in the Filth. It is liquid 3AM, black and dripping.

Attached: FlashForward.jpg (1280x719, 769K)

>Initiate diagnostic protocols.

>The engines strain. Cleansing efficiency compromised. Engine 45B lost. We've sprung a leak. the centre cannot hold. Corrupted Anima spills. Vermiculated fractals coagulate to solid geometry. The Filth! The Filth! It transmits!

>It is like us. A flowing message. Crawling letters. A living meme. It is not us. It is anti-us, anti-luminosity that crucifies sentience. It trickles down hundreds of dimensions on alien gravity. You cannot even see most of it, sweetling. How will you escape? How do you hobble through this world on three tiny dimensions? It flows across time, a disease floating on Quantum Foam.

>Sumerians called it the Eater. In Babylon they named it Nergal's Rot. Dead tongues dubbed it the Devouring Plague, the Zero Point Pathogen, the Dark Homunculus, the Blackworm Jism.

>Information is a super-weird substance, sometimes floating as oil, sometimes vapour, invisible waves, pollution, roiling black storms, a viral rhyme.

>It is the harbinger of change - the sizzling, celestial syphilis. The flesh mutates. The mind boils to bilious madness. All lucid thoughts to slay. All sweetlings are fair game to the drip. But the Filth pours, as dark dreams, directly into the heads of the insane and sadistic.

I miss this fucking game.
Shame it was running like shit.

Attached: 20170808105037_1.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

>Following the signal...

>Somewhere, a trucker reads alien letters carved into the bathroom stall walls of a truck stop. He cannot look away. Pathogens in the grammar open an event horizon in his head. He spreads the scrawl in every stop on his route, carving it into the stalls. he itches and he scratches. Others see the letters. They itch. They scratch. He scratches his face, draws the runes in red with his box knife. His head blossoms into a bouquet of writhing lampreys.

>But the Filth is only the transmitted, not the transmitter - the excremental shadow of something else. What dreamt it? What stirs and sputters and lurks, as big as planets, in the infinite shade between cancer cells?

>Have you seen them, Sweetling? Have they noticed you noticing them? Once you see the hungry sky, it sees you. All futures point to a stratosphere of tentacles.

Attached: We are all made of stars.jpg (1024x768, 107K)

Curious how much further the story got. I stopped around the time Tokyo came out. Pretty interesting

>That one investigation quest where you literally had to kill yourself so you can walk into a jail cell as a spirit rather than rezzing so you can access some prisoner's message so you can figure out the code to bring out some evil phantom to fight

>That one quest where you go into a haunted mansion and travel back in time through the attic to a night where some serial killer is skulking about

>That one quest where you go into a haunted amusement park to take on the fucking Boogeyman, possessed rides, zombies, and a chainsaw wielding clown

So good. The fucking quest chains in that game were damn interesting

youtu.be/Tx-mla7a8jU
youtu.be/wcl0O8SF9dk
youtu.be/yIR_oNGOTeU

youtu.be/YqfKCg0Vawg

What you learn during The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn got me hard. This game is ruthless.

Listening to the Red Sargassum Dreamer was oddly soothing. Until it started talking about waking them from the sea.

>Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn

Man that quest chain was amazing too

That whole "dream" / "nightmare" bit where you encounter all the quest givers throughout innsmouth as monsters and all the other wacky shit that happens during it

Yeah, and don't forget the part where you learn that the infection is volatile and that nearly all the guys you encountered and make friends with until then will presumably die from it, and that there is nothing that you can do about it.

Times like this make me want to try jumping back into the game to see where it's at even though the gameplay isn't great. Why couldn't have been a single player so it didn't leave all those cool storylines hanging

Pretty much all of the main zones end on a cliffhanger if I recall right. At least when I stopped

Then there was that whole ending where you choose what to do about the prison thing and those dream intermissions

Didn't do South Africa at 100% but it was pretty good, even if a bit more memey than before (an awful lot of references in missions names for example).

It's certainly unique in that many games the story and lore is just the gift-wrap around the gameplay, whilst for this game the actual gameplay is holding back a great story.

So many good side quest chains and lore files

>The Monster Hunter Club
>That quest in the cursed mines
>That one dude whose goal was to make Hell itself not shit since apparently long ago Hell was actually not horrible
>That cult group that keeps popping up and that one investigation quest in Transylvania involving them
>Pretty much anything involving The Orochi and their creepy shit

Lay off the .hack//G.U. there, user.

I actually think the Kingsmouth infection was going to end up our characters' first 'real victory' over the Filth. Lilith, as the end of Tokyo, described a possible way to drive it back that required a Gaia engine, and some fuck powerful things. Guess what's in Kingsmouth? Carter (a fuck powerful bee person), Excalibur (just need to get it out of that slut's hands), and a Gaia engine. Plus, compared to places like Egypt, Kingsmouth's infection seems relatively not-severe. There's only one place you see full on filth polyps compared to Egypt where you're seeing the filth around farms and so forth. So I came to suspect they were/are plans to go back in sort of a 'round two' and potentially deal a major blow against the Filth. Being TSW, it's not gonna be easy and come at a price, but it'll be a real victory instead only being able to figure out the how and why.

>adult cartoon
it'd likely work better as a comic akin to the good d&d party one, with a group mirroring the ingame Lore "party"
cartoon would just end up focusing on one faction or just end up a hot fucking mess

Was there every any update with that witch who absconded with the sword?

I think we got a brief mention on one of the terminals in south africa. But mostly just that the Morning Light are trying to find her still.

i still choose to believe he was loki and was just fucking bored so "let" all that shit happen

I mean that would explain why you could fucking stun him with a random flaregun you pick up, But it's pretty clear Loki is not in his right mind at all. The dude's clearly filth compromised, god or no.

Innsmouth was a nice starter area. It was cool how it initially starts as Resident Evil esque, shifts to Silent HIll, then goes full Lovecraft

I think it was a mistake. LOL ZOMBIES XD made it too easy to dismiss. It should have started somewhere with a stronger story. Personally, I'd pick Egypt and stress its pulp roots, trim it down to get rid of some of the slog, and then send you to Solomon Island.

personally, I think it would have been nice if we just got an alternate story-course.

Playing through Solomon Island three times can be... painful.

Plus, people keep bringing up New Orleans, which might be a good alternate starting zone where your character can get somewhat decent 'start basic before moving up'. It'd be a little cliche admittedly, but still.

Plus, Ealdwic is such a beautiful 'big city' environment I'd love to see how they'd back the big easy look.