Announced this casting as least 4-5 years ago

>announced this casting as least 4-5 years ago
>he wasn’t in Shazam!
>he won’t be in Shazam sequel
>he’ll most likely get a solo first then appear in Shazam 3

Why the FUCK did they wait so long? Dwayne isn’t getting any younger.

Attached: 3E5CA82E-5C72-4194-AFC8-55A881EA0B29.jpg (369x782, 58K)

They just confirmed the JSA will be in the movie, i'll be freaked out if the movie doesn't come out before Shazam 2.

I fear he is going to be an anti-hero instead of a evil villain.

I have a feeling they didn't put in SHAZAM because the Rock wants to play a good guy, not the bad guy and they're trying to rework Black Adam as that. They're working around the Rock, not the Rock working around the role. It's stupid for him not to be in SHAZAM. I don't want an unrelated, Black Adam.

Basically doing what VENOM was to Spider-Man. Just take the arch-nemesis and make some stand-alone movie that has nothing to do with the original character.

>because the Rock wants to play a good guy
That would be pretty dumb of him, i don't believe it considering he's been on the role for 10 years. Maybe he'll just end up being an antihero and fuck off after getting handed his ass to Billy.

Good. Adam is a hero, not a villain.

Does anybody have the pic of Adam's hologram?

I guess it KINDA looked like Dwayne a little bit if you squint.

>Adam good guy/anti-hero

Oh god fucking WHY

>That would be pretty dumb of him, i don't believe it considering he's been on the role for 10 years
He admitted somewhere, years ago, that he didn't know the comics, had just seen fan art and clips from comics of how Black Adam looked and he liked those. He's never even seen cartoon versions of Black Adam so as far as The Rock knew, he WAS a hero.

>>he won’t be in Shazam sequel
They will probably shoot two films side by side, one being a Teth Adam origin with perhaps the JSA or some such, and the other one, being a team up (not a versus, as some have guessed) movie with Billy. Or Billy will have a cameo in what is sold as a the sequel to Shazam but will really be The Rock's solo Adam movie.

And watch them stop calling the character "Black" Adam. He'll be Adam or Teth Adam or some such.

>announced this casting as least 4-5 years ago
Worse, he's been Black Adam since 2008.
Now that Shazam might not do as expected i don't know what will became of his movie unless they promise to ACTUALLY MARKET IT this time.

He’s gonna be a anti-hero, he’ll have a line like. “I’ll help you save this planet but I’m doing it my way!” Etc.

He's getting paid for doing nothing?

>He's getting paid for doing nothing?
Dude, he's The Rock.

Nah, the movie will probably start production at the end of the year and release in 2021, they already have a script and are looking for Hawkman's actor. I'm only worried that he might end up being a good guy or that something might be changed thanks to Shazam's rather lackuster opening.

Shut the fuck up Haitch you fucking loser.

He’s both

>shazam 3
Why not just do a live action Superman & Shazam vs Black Adam movie?

1. Superman will no longer be around in DCEU
2. Rock wants a solo film to flesh out Adam

Shazam is doing EXACTLY as well as they were expecting.

Don't be a stupid idiot that thinks that going into empty theaters and snapping a picture of itself is going to prove anything, it didn't work for those idiots and claiming something isn't doing 'as expected' is only going to convince those 5 idiots that are too stupid too actually be walking around in public by themselves.

Being signed to a contract is meaningless as far as payment goes, unless there was a rider that said something like "you can play for the LA Dodgers because SOMEDAY, SOMEWAY, SOMEHOW we want you to play for the NY Giants."

No one signs contracts like that and they wouldn't be legal even if they did exist.

The Rock isn't being paid shit by WB.

New Line has frequently funded and released some of this movies since 2008 and his being attached has to do with a studio relationship, nothing more.

Why did they even cast him? He sucks

Him always being a good guy is one of the reasons he is up there with the highest paid actors in Hollywood. People see his movies because they like the rock. If the rock isn’t a good guy in a movie, the brand suffers. Meanwhile Bautista is trying to become a real actor.

Why do people who do not read comic books comment on their characters? Adam has been an anti hero for the last decade atleast if not longer

They wanted a Dwayne Johnson movie, that it's Black Adam doesn't matter. They just want those Rock bucks.

if he was in Shazam it would be a major hit like Jumanji because he's a draw to a good movie
fuck The Rock

To be fair, the last decade+ isn't the best standard for big two comics in general.

>1. Superman will no longer be around in DCEU
??? why

>Why did they even cast him?
Because he looks like him

Attached: ipuit42nftxzfgbivvxn.jpg (1600x900, 125K)

The current arc in the comics involves Black Adam. Depending on how close the sequel will be working with the current Johns ongoing Adam'll probably show up in Shazam 2.

Well after what Mr Mind said I woldn't be surprised

Fawcett Adam was a full blown villain, early DC Adam was a villain that was manipulated into being a villain, then after he appeared in the JSA and his backstory got slightly retconed they gave him a tragic backstory and turn him into a Anti-hero.
Now which version is the most popular is a matter of opinion since while Anti-hero Adam has been a thing for a while in comics, most of his appearances outside comicbook media have been as a villain.

if we are using Aquaman as a frame of reference, Johns seems to like to tweak his own storylines once he goes for the movies, he almost completely changed how Orm was from the NU52 run to the movie, so stuff is not set on stone.

That's exactly what is going to happen with Black Adam if they still want to cast the Rock as him. Rock refuses to play any bad guys.

You do realize he has played a Heel before, he has no problems playing bad guys

The modern version is far more popular. I love the Fawcett comics but Black Adam was lame in them.

That was before Rock decided he wanted to be family friendly.

>And watch them stop calling the character "Black" Adam.

>Black Panther
>Black Lightning
>Black Manta
Nah.

Not that user, and agreed. The gold standard for most is either their creation or within 20-30 years of it