Is it really good? Or yet another Morrison's trash?

Is it really good? Or yet another Morrison's trash?

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 005-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

>Morrison
>trash
Check that shit taste at the door

is this somehow conected to hypercrisis?

Nonsensical pretentious morrison trash. Stay away.

He understands the character and the appeal of the universe in a way that I haven't seen since the silver age, so I would say that it is worth reading.

This

Just stop pretending you read it, he Morrison’s himself rarely in this book it’s just excellent Green Lantern space goodness

Morrison and GL are a match made in heaven

It's good so far

It's mainly been fun space cop stuff, only the most recent issue started to get into confusing Morrisonisms. The Cop vs. God issue was my favorite so far.

it's morrison trash, user. Clearly beneath you. Stay away.

Read it and find out!

War of the Realms would probably be more your speed

its boring as fuck

Police Brutality in Space except incredibly funny

It's the best cosmic story since Alan Moore sent Swamp Thing to space. 99% of cosmic stories have been end of the universe shit with DBZ tier storytelling designed for Johnstards with double digit IQs.

>Morrisonfags don't read comics and dismiss everything not made by their drug addicted cult leader

Go read Annihilation and SCW and post those epic splashpages to riddit.

>Alan Moore sent Swamp Thing to space
Wait a second, did this actually happen?

Why haven't you read Moore's Swamp Thing?

Sounds more like you're proving correct.

>Why haven't you read Moore's Swamp Thing?
I read it, but I don't remember space stuff.

>Why haven't you read Moore's Swamp Thing?
because its shit for plebs

It's not very good. Venom by Donny Cates is a better Swamp Thing than Moore's. Unironically.

Depressing post.

>Venom by Donny Cates is a better Swamp Thing than Moore's
t. marvelfag

I know you're shitposting but Immortal Hulk is genuinely a better Swamp Thing than Moore's Swamp Thing. Better horror, better character work and Ewing isn't shitting on the character's history and canon in the process like Moore did.

I haven't actually read Swamp Thing though I do agree Immortal Hulk is genius in many ways. I just wanted to shit on Cates through shitposting

As far as I remember, Swamp Thing gets sent to Rann, fucks around with Metron for a bit, neets up with a plant based Green Lantern, and gets raped by a sentient planet.

This. Ewing is using past canon of Hulk pretty effectively, while Moore's run was full of OC donut steel. He was the Bendis of his time.

I get you like it but Silver Age Green Lantern isn't that good and Geoff John's run understood him ALOT

Morrison is the current EIC for Heavy Metal. He's literally /ourguy/.

Geoff Johns didn't get Hal.

>hypercrisis
What is that?

I like it. Makes me think of the scifi parts of his Animal Man run.

Johns' Hal was the basic Johns hero.
>Dead parents
>Parental issues
>Has to overcome guilt and a wrongdoing of the past
>Is the greatest of all time
His Barry, Hal, Booster, Aquaman are the same characters. He's the reason Hal and Barry are known as boring and bland.

You should read it yourself and find out.

Me? I tapped put after the first two issues. It reads to me as though Morrison read every Yea Forums thread on his previous work and tried to emulate everything he has done before.

I still like Morrison though.

Ewing is literal trash. Knowing lore does not make a writer good.

I liked the first four issues. Hal as a Darkstar weren't as good as the previous issues, but I feel it was just a buildup. Knowing Morrison, the weirder parts are yet to come as all the plots begin to converge at the end.

I'm not the biggest fan of Morrison or Hal, but I was into it until it's implied killing was part of the keikaku.
I get you can't just throw out some essential morality of superheroes, I'm not even someone who wants heroes to kill just for the sake of it if they have a range of abilities and alternatives to make it unnecessary, but in this case I felt it was showing a sort of narrative progress in that Hal had maybe seen, heard and been through too much to tolerate anymore and was cutting a problem short before it went where he knew and the perp confessed it might if it were allowed to happen again.

Him being allowed to kill instead of it being spontaneous doesn't necessarily take away from that still being possible, but it just seems like a very roundabout and contrived thing now. Like the Guardians just knew somehow eventually Hal would run into a target for their purposes. The whole triple agent thing I can tolerate, it's fairly standard stuff and it's not like Hal could ever really leave the GLs for some knockoff group unless this was out of continuity, but it's just that line man. That fucking inadvertent wink to the reader that it all worked out instead of the situation being unfortunate but also useful.

If Grant had just worded it as defy our rules, and later have the Guardians remark they didn't want blood on his hands but will tolerate it for now while there are more pressing matters it would at least show their plans aren't a psychic read, Hal's someone who thinks on his own and instead of being given a road map and his current situation would feel more ambiguous since even when it's made obvious he isn't betraying the GLC it could still be unclear if he's going to cross more lines while outside their authority for the sake of getting shit done and filing it under necessary action to keep cover.

It would just feel like this is a subtle but developing story in an A to B plot instead of just an A to B plot.

t. Cates

>not about Kyle
it's shit

Shit taste. Ewing is a genius.

Genius isn't the word I'd use. But Ewing's certainly something.

Attached: RCO006.jpg (1332x2048, 690K)

>Ewing isn't shitting on the character's history and canon in the process like Moore did
Did you really care about Swamp Thing lore prior Moore?

irrelevant argument

Ewing is fantastic and rises to the level of Morrison or Moore BECAUSE he's so effective at using his knowledge of lore. You know when you see fans pinging ideas for stories off of each other and then stop to think,
>Why is it us proper fans can come up with a story a hundred time better than whatever rando writers they keep putting on books can?
THAT'S what Ewing's books feel like, just to perfect flow of what a fan might write if they were intentionally trying to make the best comic they could in their situation instead of being someone like Slott who has decent ideas but barely puts effort in their execution, or Aaron and Cate's who just want to make things as SUPER EPIC AS POSSIBLE but end up writing an edgy Saturday morning cartoon plot with shitty OCs crammed in unnaturally. My one issue with him is that when he goes off the rails and tries to be more original it doesn't match his normal output and feels, well, a little too fan-ish. When he had characters winking at/breaking the fourth wall while talking about the nature of their existence with their philosophical discussions it all came off like a stumbling Morrison-lite, he just felt out of his depth and trying to check off boxes rather than truly being invested in the ideas being proposed as though it was all coming from a bad visual novel. Maybe it was just a one time thing but I felt that the longer he had to stay in that upper ceiling of cosmic mythology in his Ultimates runs the more his story degraded. Unless he goes full King at some point though, he's certainly fitting to be regarded as one of the greats (for now).
All the proof we need to see you're a casual that hasn't actually read the comics. Literally all you fags do is post that page/panel or assume Hulk is still just Cho while screaming and shitting yourselves in public.

>or Aaron and Cate's who just want to make things as SUPER EPIC AS POSSIBLE but end up writing an edgy Saturday morning cartoon plot with shitty OCs crammed in unnaturally.

Fuck, I was wondering why some of Cates' stuff reminded me of Aaron's stuff and I think you got it nailed.

Ewing is like Morrison except without the pretentiousness. He's way above their level.

the creator of Swamp Thing personally called up Moore to write the book and then edited the run

It is as boring as it is gorgeous, the bimbo of Green Lantern's runs. Just ignore all the bubble speeches and you'll enjoy it just fine.

Attached: CxXpq_4VQAEwL4V.jpg (446x748, 67K)

>You know when you see fans pinging ideas for stories off of each other and then stop to think, Why is it us proper fans can come up with a story a hundred time better than whatever rando writers they keep putting on books can? THAT'S what Ewing's books feel like
Not really. Every time I see someone';s fanfiction ideas posted on Yea Forums they're Slott level except Slott has the ego too, which I'm sure the rando that wrote his ideas on Yea Forums would have to if he were a writer in the industry. Fanboy writers are THE worst types in comics, and someone more interested in "respecting continuity" than telling a good story is not a good writer. I tried the comic out and it's pretty mediocre but I don't hate it, this weird acclaim it's getting reminds me of King's Vision. Unironically comparing Ewing with Morrison and Moore is the dumbest thing, second maybe only to the fact that you tried implying Moore and Morrison were so good because they did their research and implemented a lot of continuity nods in their work, when in reality the best thing they did was CREATE.

Attached: let me tell you.png (640x480, 132K)

Deserves far more hype than Immortal Hulk

It has MORE hype than Immortal Hulk in fact, on the virtue that it's Morrison writing Green Lantern. Yet I don't see it topping DC charts because apparently their fans much rather read about yet another event, a derivative Joker mini or the milestone book of the year.

He does not write a good Hal and he probably didn't intented this book to be a GL book in the first place.
People will defend Morrison no matter what, but the title of this maxi shouldn't be Green Lantern.

but Immortal Hulk is better, only because it is Morrison doesn't mean people will have to be drones about it.

Hint: You can like both without comparing, it's what I do. There's some overhyped dreck topping charts that definitely does not deserve that much attention, though.

Morrison is a bad writer and his fans are dumbies

t. geoffrey johns

>You can like both without comparing, it's what I do

If you are the one who mentioned IH in the first place, then you do not.

It wasn't me.

Nah, it's pretty clearly Green Lantern. You wouldn't make a space cop in DC dealing with guardians and others with the same powers without it being obviously Green Lantern.

The issue is that Morrison is disregarding everything people liked about the franchise since it was reborn with Geoff Johns - the whole emotional spectrum stuff and rainbow corps stuff. It's back to Hal dealing with random assorted villains, but this time with a bigger focus outside of Earth than even in the Silver Age.

This overall direction clearly isn't having a big success with readers though in spite of his big name considering the sales numbers.

Here is a (you)

I swear i didn't leave the thread because i knew this reply was going to happen.
Yes, Johns writes a terrific GL compared to Morrison, he maybe added too much crap to the lore but he understand the character and the Corps far better than Grant.

And if you think otherwise, feel free to point out what Morrison did better than Johns so far in his maxi.
But i know you won't because you are a cultist who can't admit Morrison can write a mediocre or even bad story sometimes (this is not the case, but the book he is writing is not a Green Lantern book, is something else).

I’m just glad to finally have a writer that acknowledges Hal’s exploits to develop his character fully. I had it with him existing in a never ending limbo of being a hotshot pilot, a loose cannon after the shit he’s been through.

Attached: 5D575EF6-EB70-4265-9992-BFBA5B1E066D.jpg (1041x1600, 657K)

>It’s another “Ewingfag spreging out because his precious writer is shit” episode
Oh boy!

Attached: ABA14606-0802-4BB5-A27B-25D31173C322.jpg (615x2405, 200K)

Ewing and Morrison fans are largely within the same group, though. Dumbass.

But the whole emotional spectrum shit fucking suck ass and makes no sense whatsoever. Not only that it turn the Green Lanterns from being intergalactic law keepers into just another warring faction constantly fighting amongst themselves rather than actually protecting the people living under their watch (the original fucking reason why the Guardians created a law keeping force in the fucking first place - to stop idiotic warring factions). But it also makes the idea of a power ring fucking boring since we only see it fighting against other fucking power rings with different colours. This is the same reason why the Flash is so shit now and why DC keeps making him fight evil speedsters rather than his huge collection of villains.

And btw, how the fuck does these emotional spectrum are seen as the same color by every member of their respective corps? Wouldn’t wildly different species have wildly different corlor perceptions?

Attached: 06B03DDB-8212-4F88-860B-BEA4422DF6E8.jpg (1008x1600, 508K)

Not when companywar fags are involved. Just fucking look at the last GL storytime, with just one retard droning about how Ewing is better even though nobody even mentioned IH in the first place.

Learn not to reply to trolls, then. Ewing and Morrison share many similarities and as far as I'm concerned, Ewing is the only one who bothered to properly integrate Marvel Boy lore into his writing.

Hal was the first time he went full-fledged with that character type, to be fair. I agree with the rest of your post though. His run should've ended after Blackest Night, everything after that just felt like filler.

I think you should also respond to

This

It's good.

lol Geoff Johns sucks balls, dude. Bland, masturbatory fanboy bullshit

Johns' run was hot trash. It was just power rangers and WWE level. As somebody said above, Johns is the reason Hal has been seen as boring all these years.
Morrison's God issue was better than every issue Johns wrote on the character.