Adventure Time turns 9 today! Say something nice about it!

Adventure Time turns 9 today! Say something nice about it!

Attached: 7890394010_ed888f5512_o.jpg (608x494, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/staypuft/take-care
heather.paheal.net/_images/706ad00c970c17b36a2466c3a53f30ac/2755966 - Adventure_Time Finn_the_Human HornedPariah Marceline Princess_Bubblegum.png
youtube.com/watch?v=VQFhd3X8p6g
youtube.com/watch?v=IhIEpGBA4pc
youtube.com/watch?v=wTWOAJJ9s1g
youtube.com/watch?v=0qa7yNMVwkM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6sJn-x_fR4
youtube.com/watch?v=eP9pIJlclzk
youtube.com/watch?v=T8FFNuI5iTg
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Adventure-Time-Season-11/Issue-6?id=152596
youtube.com/watch?v=S02BHmWPZNs
youtube.com/watch?v=4G55ZV91TY8
danrickmers.tumblr.com/post/10906625743/just-so-you-know-the-adventure-time-fandom-is
adventuretime.fandom.com/wiki/The_Dark_Cloud
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shame it only lasted 2 seasons. Good ending though.

Attached: 1552277108225.png (1012x570, 384K)

Even though the second half of the series isn't nearly as good as the first, I still consider it one of my favourite cartoons.

I'm trying to watch it, but I can't get behind this "lol I'm so random" garbage writing.

Source material sucks but it spawned some great fan works so I’m glad it exists

Greatest cartoon of the 2010s. Also, PB best girl.

Attached: C3gaH9TUoAIcpk_.png (800x837, 629K)

Fionna is one of the hottest fucking characters to ever grace western animation.

Attached: Simx.jpg (942x1316, 119K)

You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain...

The most overrated and undeservedly popular series since Spongebob. Finn ends up being a secondary character. Bogged down with shipper pandering. Cosmic level stuff was always unsatisfying. Rehashed ideas too often especially with the "weird" fauna. Should have ended after the Litch was defeated. Finn and Jake being best friends didn't make much sense in later seasons, especially after Jake becomes a father. PB never gets her comeuppance for being objectively more evil than any villain in the show other than The Lich.

Since I'm a big supporter of old Spongebob, I found early AT to be a really swell show.

Old PB best girl.

Adam Muto is an emasculated cuck

Attached: 8B14C033-93DB-4B2A-8C0E-BDF3A4A52C65.jpg (1998x1540, 374K)

I think she got better as the show went on, but I like early PB too.

Attached: tumblr_ozblgc3THW1t5b89eo1_1280.jpg (728x478, 92K)

>Unnecessary ageless tyrant gimmick switcheroo for lesbians
Doesn't do it for me. Friendlier PB > "It was all just a joke man!" PB

>Adam Muto is an emasculated cuck
I feel bad for his daughter in the upcoming future. Poor kid is going to have a shitty life.

Attached: I can hear Muto screaming.png (978x751, 1.27M)

You do you my friend.

You're pathetic.

Attached: 1534556469701.png (1280x1039, 400K)

>bubbeline fan
Why haven’t you killed yourself yet?

I remember watching the first few seasons along with every episode back when I still focused on TV as the younger idiot I was. Mom even decided to watch it every so often because she liked Ice King.
I feel old.

You're dumb

It was good for a couple of years before it pioneered all the various cancers afflicting modern cartoons.

I dropped AT years ago. Why does this make Muto scream?

Attached: Home_is_where_the_heart_is_1-p.jpg (500x500, 27K)

I didn't even mention bubbline. It's funny to see how much it makes you guys seethe still.

no u

Attached: tumblr_ozscvgiz181t5b89eo1_1280.png (825x559, 386K)

>tfw crypto-Nazi PB will never come back

Attached: Hmm.png (1000x535, 340K)

The series has given us some fantastic lewds.

Attached: D1JxrZcWoAA30VB.jpg (1842x889, 410K)

He didn't want to give Finn's relationship with HW closure in the finale because, according to an interview he had with Polygon, it wasn't important alongside everything else Finn-related.

Then Season 11 (a comic that Muto doesn't consider canon) comes around and fixes most of the fuck ups Muto did with Finn, including a moment between him and HW in the final issue.

>almost as many lewd comics as official ones

God bless those lewd artists

Lich was best boy and should have won
!!FACT!!

Inkershike >>>>>> NoFinnScrub

>most
Why not all, Anderson.

It ended

CubbyChambers >>>>>>>> both

Because the sales for Sonny Liew's crappy arc were so low that Ted Anderson only got to do two issues before the series was cancelled.

I enjoyed it.

Not the way her draws Finn now. He looks like a bad claymation project.

Nobody wants to see naked Finn

t. kissless virgin

You look at this and tell me this is a good Finn

Attached: file.png (336x486, 274K)

She's literally the western equivalent of a moe blob.

>no nose
>very low vertical nose-mouth distance
>very round features
>has thin, long neck like all females in adventure time, which is a desirable trait since it pronounces the bone structure of the bottom of the face and head
>bunny hat that for all likelihood does not imply anything, but does associate with rabbits who have a sexual cultural context
Everything else is minor stuff desu. She has really high appeal because she takes most rules about what makes a character cute to its logical extreme.

Its too bad the comic is bad. If only it could have done all that without also being so boring.

I don't care how terrible the show became; nothing will ever ruin the first four seasons. I still believe AT is one of the best cartoons ever made

Attached: 1515740446366.png (282x320, 131K)

While it is now emblematic of stagnation and falling standards in the industry, it was once a unique and interesting animation.

Cubbychanbers, goddamn I used to love that artist when I was in high school

Attached: 6CDFF498-59E4-4EA5-AC79-C58C7390EFA1.png (1000x1000, 141K)

>nothing will ever ruin the first four seasons.

*three seasons

Fair enough. I see why some people dislike the fourth season, since it represented a bigger departure from what the show had been, but I think it was mostly good stuff up to that point.

I don't get why people stop at 2 though. 2 and 3 are incredibly similar

>Nine motherfucking years
I still remember the bumpers when It aired for first time, goddamit.

Stop acting like the fanfiction seasons were cannon. It's like criticizing DBZ based on GT.

Attached: 1553484600377.jpg (550x640, 115K)

New Marcy song from the Marcy and Simon comic.
soundcloud.com/staypuft/take-care

Nah. It's more like criticising DBZ based on the Buu arc.

Marceline is like 7 inches away from Finn.

It was good for 5 seasons and then it died

Attached: 699563.jpg (800x800, 51K)

So about halfway down the shaft

heather.paheal.net/_images/706ad00c970c17b36a2466c3a53f30ac/2755966 - Adventure_Time Finn_the_Human HornedPariah Marceline Princess_Bubblegum.png

At least Toriyama was writing the Buu arc while the real crew left around season 5, the creator of the show and whoever was a good writer weren't around. Whatever happened after was non canon

Thank you AT for the good times

>Meanwhile, in the real world

Attached: 1536014557481.png (1704x934, 1.42M)

>No-canon.
>CN gay pandering

So, she's already taken in 1/3 of it

Straight loli PB. I'm surprised.

This image gets more retarded every time it's posted

Can’t wait till marceline starts punching PB and they become the lesbian couple from watchmen

Perfect

reposting my list for a condensed 3 season version of Adventure Time, chopping the show down from 279 episodes to 104, made in response to a challenge an user made in a thread last year;

Season 1

1. Slumber Party Panic
2. Trouble in Lumpy Space
3. Prisoners of Love
4. The Enchiridion
5. Ricardio the Heart Guy
6. My Two Favorite People
7. Memories of Boom Boom Mountain
8. Wizard
9. Evicted
10. City of Thieves
11. What is Life
12. Ocean of Fear
13. Dungeon
14. Freak City
15. Donny
16. Henchman
17. What Have You Done
18. His Hero
19. Gut Grinder
20. It Came From The Nightosphere
21. Blood Under the Skin
22. Power Animal
23. To Cut a Woman's Hair
24. The Chamber of Frozen Blades
25. Her Parents
26. The Silent King
27. The Real You
28. Death in Bloom
29. Susan Strong
30. Mystery Train

1/2

Attached: req guts finn interrupted.png (500x700, 149K)

and seasons 2 & 3

Season 2

1. Go With Me
2. The Limit
3. Video Makers
4. Morituri Te Salutamus
5. Memory of a Memory
6. Hitman
7. Wizard Battle
8. What Was Missing
9. The Creeps
10. From Bad to Worse
11. Beautopia
12. No One Can Hear You
13. Jake vs Me-Mow
14. Thank You
15. The New Frontier
16. Holly Jolly Secrets(Parts 1 & 2)
17. Marceline's Closet
18. Ghost Princess
19. Dad's Dungeon
20. Hug Wolf
21. Princess Monster Wife
22. Goliad
23. Beyond this Earthly Realm
24. Sons of Mars
25. Lady & Peebles
26. The Hard Easy
27. Reign of Gunters
28. Little Dude
29. Return to the Nightosphere
30. Daddy's Little Monster
31. I Remember You
32. Simon & Marcy

Season 3

1. Jake the Dad
2. A Glitch is a Glitch
3. Puhoy
4. One Last Job
5. Be More
6. Sky Witch
7. Time Sandwich
8. The Vault
9. Dungeon Train
10. Box Prince
11. Root Beer Guy
12. Rattleballs
13. Ocarina
14. Princess Day
15. Jake The Brick
16. Dentist
17. The Pajama War
18. Dark Purple
19. The Diary
20. Jermaine
21. Summer Showers
22. President Porpoise is Missing
23. Blank-Eyed Girl
24. Scamps
25. The Hall of Egress
26. Flute Spell
27. Don't Look
28. Lady Rainicorn of the Crystal Dimension
29. The Music Hole
30. Wheels
31. Preboot
32. Reboot
33. The Invitation
34. Whipple the Happy Dragon
35. Mysterious Island
36. Imaginary Resources
37. Hide and Seek
38. Min and Marty
39. Helpers
40. The Light Cloud
41. Mortal Folly
42. Mortal Recoil

wish I was a better writer, would probably use this list as the basis for a series rewrite fic, also probably going to do some more rearranging of the last season to give more of a breather between Islands and Mortal Folly/Recoil(maybe add some episodes back in that I left out originally as well)

2/2

Attached: req sexy shirtless finn 2.jpg (600x750, 197K)

Attached: 3d789.jpg (550x545, 25K)

>Finn and Jake being best friends didn't make much sense in later seasons, especially after Jake becomes a father.
What the fuck is your reasoning for this?
Jake's kids never had a significant impact considering they grew up without him, meeting them like 3 times per season doesn't impact his and Finn's relationship much at all.
Your PB point is spot on though.

Attached: finn BP.gif (500x281, 336K)

While people's many and varied criticisms of the show are understandably and usually valid I still love it to death and miss it. Though I'm glad it ended because things were starting to get real tired.

Miss me boys. Hope they're having a good time after the events of the finale now that the writers and their disdain for Finn can't hurt him anymore.

Attached: Dnx4WRmWkAcaJPr.jpg (1024x1024, 52K)

>I Remember You
>Simon & Marcy
>Sky Witch
>The Music Hole
Otherwise perfect list

why music hole too?

Dumb idea

which part exactly, the singing hole? everyone making a contest to cheer Finn up? Finn being depressed cause he killed the sword in the first place? all of the above?

The kiss was cute, the ships wa subtle, why are you so mad about it? I really liked it.

>I remeber you
>Simon and Marcy
That make me cry everytime.

Because retcons for pandering and giving Finn a set of rules everyone else doesn’t abide by is shitty.

>the singing hole?
Yes

I didn't care for it but not sure why that concept alone makes the episode not worth including. though at the same time I also don't think the episode is worth including in a list whose main goal is cutting the series down to size.

I did think it was sort of cute that the show kept having Ashley Erickson or whatever her name is write music for it

>Tumblr/reddit kind of exaggeration

It ended.

It was shit for faggots, only retards could enjoy those levels of shit

Not bad user, solid list.

Source for full pic , brother?Reverse gives nothn

edgy

People are still absolutely seething over the kiss

Attached: 1554252226283.jpg (354x386, 40K)

Immense disappointment? Yes.

Most of those were people who hadn't been following AT anyway and just wanted a reason to be outraged. The kiss itself was rather unsurprising and bland for people who had been watching the show. Not that I cared for it, but there was so much worse with the finale than that

Why is it then when people have no legitimate defense for something they just claim people didn't watch it?

>people upset over bad things happening
Next thing you'll complain about is breathing

Did I say it was good? No. I disliked it too. I was just pointing out how it was something that people who hadn't really been following the show could latch on to if they wanted to spam the catalog.

On a recent re-watch for the whole thing I found out that:

>The "shipping" or "relationship" parts weren't as bad as I remembered or as Yea Forums said they were, like at all. They were actually good parts of the show.

>I found most BMO episodes skippable or fastforward-able expect for so backstory lore

>Fionna & Cake episode aren't that good, and they should've stayed with the "5 short tables" format for all of them, and lean more on the meta-jokes with Ice King

>You can skip the guest animator or "art project" episodes, unless you're hype for that particular animator, or animation style.

It was such a good fucking show, you guys.

Attached: Omnibus_lives.jpg (845x594, 42K)

>I found most BMO episodes skippable or fastforward-able expect for so backstory lore
Football was legitimately the only episode I enjoyed after season 5

meh

>that book
Easily the best joke in AT. Top 3, at least.

Only the first F/C episode was really good, and a big part of that was probably due to the novelty. The rest of them just got worse and worse.
The guest animated ones can be good but Food Chain is really the only standout. Bad Jubies was very disappointing, shame stop motion is so hard to make.

>Only the first F/C episode was really good
Honestly? Not that into it.

Man this thread is boring as shit, lets liven things up! Favorite:

>EPISODE
>CHARACTER
>SONG
>SEASON
>MOMENT
>VOICE ACTOR

Attached: adventure_time__brave_new_world_by_sareidia-d6wm1t4.png (720x720, 181K)

Marshal Lee episode was real good, though. Plus, I wanted more Flame Prince since they I saw him.
Prince Bubblegum was wasted as fuck as a character.

>questionnaire
>fun
Nah, fuck you bitch. Launch party, everyday!

I always thought it was really cool. The characters were different enough to be interesting but felt similar enough to the originals, the plot covered lots of AT's bases well with stuff like character interaction/adventure/romance, and the double twists were respectively cool and hilarious.

I never cared for Marshall Lee or his episode. Maybe because they got Glover to voice him or just me having an aversion to shit that feels like teen women bait.

>Episode
Another Way
>Character
Ice King
>Song
All Gummed/Warmed Up Inside
>Moment
The part where Abe Lincoln sacrifices himself to bring Jake back
>Voice Actor
Sorta implied in the answer above, but Tom Kenny

Rainy Day Daydream
Marceline
Biased, because I love Mitski, so Francis forever
For original songs--sleepy puppies or baby
Season, maybe 2 or 3
Dad's Dungeon, when Finn stuck the sword into the demon's eye and cast him into the pit
Keith David does the best job, but Weird Al is my favorite person I guess

Some predictable answers coming up
>EPISODE
Dad's Dungeon
>CHARACTER
Finn
>SONG
House Hunting from Evicted
>SEASON
3 has always been the best
>MOMENT
Either Finn defeating the monster in Dad's Dungeon or haircut therapy from Cloudy
>VOICE ACTOR
Hard to choose between Jeremy Shada and Hynden Walch. Finn sounded so good in like seasons 2-6, my platonic ideal for what a young, heroic boy should sound like. I've read tons of characters in books with his voice and it's always fun.
While with Walch it's hard to go wrong with her.

>The part where Abe Lincoln sacrifices himself to bring Jake back
Damn good choice, that moment is so cool. I love AT's Death and Abe Lincoln was a surprisingly neat character too.

Wait. I mean his second appearance, not his first. I guess I liked Five Short Tables a lot, compared to the other stuff.
Also, I really don't care either way about his VA.

>tfw PB pre-season 5 is one of your favorite characters of all time

She got fucking neutered just to show how cool a generic bitch like Marceline is

Attached: 1552864482157.jpg (411x225, 28K)

It was too pure to be.

Pretty much all the major characters got neutered by the end, except Ice King. And then he got absolutely fucked over in the finale

Thanks for sparking my interest in the nuclear apocalypse genre.

Attached: Stakes Two-Bread Tom.jpg (635x1083, 222K)

>something nice about it!
There's no way Susan Strong wasn't flashing ass and puss at all times in this outfit, and I appreciate that.

Attached: Modelsheet_susanstrong.jpg (640x380, 98K)

>that part in Beautopia where she sat down in front of Finn and he was practically staring right at her crotch

You were good for 3 or 4 seasons.

There. That's as nice as I can be.

>Episode
Death in Bloom
>Character
Peppermint Butler, Jake, LSP
>Song
Lemonhope's Song

>Rainy Day Daydream
based

There's tons of moments like that. Also climbing moments, crouching moments, squatting moments.

She's also musky as all fuck.
Which, to be fair, she did lived in some giant sewer-like underground city for a long long time.

Because I’m not a bonafide cuck like you?

>episode
BMO Lost
>character
Lady & BMO
>song
Everything stays
>season
>moment
Lady saying she's pregnant
>VA
Niki Yang

so you think finn was you, or something like that?

>Say something nice about it!
Glad it's dead.

that's not very nice desu

>Episode
It would be really hard to pick a single favorite but if I can count a miniseries as an episode it would be Islands
>Character
PB. I really enjoyed how her character evolved over the course of the show. I know some people really dislike the direction they went with her character but I ended up enjoying her more.
>Song
No Wonder I. It makes me happy.
>Season
Really hard to choose but I'd probably have to say season 7. It had a couple really bland episodes but also a lot I really really enjoyed.
>Moment
I think this one is actually to hard to choose.
>Voice Actor
Probably Jeremy Shada, he did such a good job as Finn.

>later seasons
No

Based Pre-5 PBfag

yeah

>>The "shipping" or "relationship" parts weren't as bad as I remembered or as Yea Forums said they were, like at all. They were actually good parts of the show.
It's hilarious how much autism that caused back in the day. People were calling the show Shipping Time because Flame Princess was in like 4 episodes.
Star Vs is what people thought Adventure Time was like at the time.

Hard disagree. I love snarky bitch PB, and season 5 had the best showing of that. The Suitor is probably my favourite PB episode.
>neutered
She became more dynamic and complex as the show went on, so I don't know how you could call that 'neutered.'

>episode
I'll go with Hall of Egress.
>Character
PB.
>Song
Food Chain: youtube.com/watch?v=VQFhd3X8p6g
>Season
Probably season 7, going by original production order. Season 2's up there too.
>Moment
The ending of Mystery Train.
>VA
Tom Kenny and Hynden Walch.

Attached: 1532741956431.jpg (1276x1276, 776K)

bubbline was hot

I disagree but understand how someone would think that.
It would've been way hotter if there were more moments where they got pissed off at each other.

Honesty is the best policy.

Snarky bitch PB is a U turn outta nowhere with tons of unnecessary backstory piled onto her.

She was better as a quest giver princess that could venture off the castle grounds whenever she felt and could really fuck someone up if her temper was pushed.

It was a fun show.

Attached: Big D.gif (600x338, 493K)

It wasn't a u turn, she always had that aspect to her. They just played up that side of her more in later seasons.

Big D did nothing wrong
that gif might be the best single thing AT produced

>EPISODE
Frost and Fire, fuck y'all
>CHARACTER
Ice King
>SONG
No Wonder I
>SEASON
>MOMENT
Betty becoming Magicman.
>VOICE ACTOR
Not sure.

>redoing the show and removing episodes
>keeping islands
actual fucking philistine

>EPISODE
Rainy Day Daydream
>CHARACTER
Finn
>SONG
House Hunting
>SEASON
>MOMENT
Billy saying Finn is his hero
>VOICE ACTOR
The Lich's

>EPISODE
All the ones with loli PB
>CHARACTER
Loligum
>SONG
None
>SEASON
>MOMENT
The kiss. Not that one, Yea Forumsmblr
>VOICE ACTOR
Hynden Walch

>I was just pointing out how it was something that people who hadn't really been following the show could latch on to if they wanted to spam the catalog
Or just something no one liked because it was a profoundly stupid moment we all knew was coming amongst an episode full of stupid shit that came out of nowhere (either in the finale itself or the season before)

>EPISODE
>All the ones with loli PB
That's one and 1/10th an episode, you can just say 'Too Young' user.
Also Kid PB is 1 letter shorter than loli. This isn't Yea Forums

>All the ones with loli PB
yeah this is one of my favorites too

Attached: S9E4titlecard.png (1281x721, 2.3M)

"kid PB" doesn't properly illustrate how much they wanna have sex with her

Completely forgot this episode existed and fuck you for reminded me.

Yeah, the show shat itself with the finale. But I’ll still enjoy the early episodes with my favorite vampire queen.

Attached: E4616851-1B40-439C-BEB3-FB8B9674C9D9.jpg (840x1280, 132K)

;)

>"You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good.”

Attached: Bette_Davis_-_portrait_(cropped).jpg (650x975, 207K)

Otherwise smooth skin + emphasized foot creases is not a good look

Remember when they were friends, user?

Attached: 1547906523050.jpg (640x609, 63K)

Muto doesn't. Marceline's VA remembers.

Feet art in general is not a good look

Attached: return_my_blood_to_me__joshua__by_lupin_v-d5vzkx2.jpg (755x1058, 114K)

Joshua was onna the coolest dudes in the show no doubt

Attached: 1536947797085.png (1500x1125, 1.97M)

i memba

Attached: 1414262637438.jpg (951x800, 134K)

Does she now? She should have pushed for more interaction between them, then.

All I wanted was more Marceline and Finn broing it up.

Now to ruin good feelings.

Attached: 1549330525759.gif (418x272, 902K)

Eh, lesbian kiss aside I liked it then as a couple.

Okay, have more.

Attached: E33B89FF-1515-447D-B605-77E66DF14F8E.png (1024x773, 530K)

Attached: 1492922178680_Adventure Time_Marceline_Finn.jpg (1280x799, 299K)

>Episode
The Hall of Egress
>Character
Vampire King
>Song
Everything stays
>Season
Bit hard to say honestly, but if I had to pick I'd have to say season 5.
>Moment
The Vampire King's speech from Stakes.
>Voice Actor
Hynden Walch

On a related note, Vampire King was cool and I'm sad we didn't see more of him and his 'unique' personality.

You're dead to me

Attached: finn marcy perfect.gif (500x281, 492K)

>Now to ruin good feelings.
Not anymore.

Attached: Stakes who.png (505x537, 348K)

At the least she's including more nice moments between them in the comic she's writing.
> She should have pushed for more interaction between them, then.
I don't know if the voice actors have much influence in that way. Hell, maybe she did and the writers just didn't care what she said.

She seems to have a good rapport with Jeremy Shada from what I've seen of them as panels and stuff.

Attached: Stakes who 2.png (883x464, 412K)

Was anyone here exactly 9 years ago when the first episode dropped? What was it like?
I didn't get into the show until 2012 and I've always been curious what Yea Forums was like before then.

How did I forget about Ron Perlman as the lich, would've put him for favorite VA if I didn't have alzheimer's.

have Finn have sex with her*
ftfy

>"I want finn to cuck me"
Unironically based

which means you've always had bad taste.

No. Everyone was batshit back then in some aspect of their characterization. The immortal monarch was certainly a U turn.

different guy but I'd let Finn cuck me a million times over if that will stop his suffering

Attached: 727687D_2.png (1018x998, 413K)

I wasn't here back then either, but Adventure Time was massively popular on Yea Forums, at least for the first three or four seasons

Finn's smile is worth it

Attached: 1497301000809.gif (500x283, 620K)

Haha. The comics care more about the relationships between the main characters than the show did.

These panels almost read like an apology.

Which comic is she writing? Are these panels from it?

She's writing Simon and Marcy (comic series) and yup those panels are from it.

>tfw you couldn't protect Finn's smile

Attached: Finn.... had a hard life.png (640x480, 121K)

this is one of those soul/soulless images

look at the potential he displayed early on, only to be shot down by subversion, lesbians, and decimation of his abilities as "development"

who legit thinks what happened to him is good

The second one has much more soul though. Finn's beady eyes in the first make him look dead.
Not that this has any bearing on how his character was in each of those states but just comparing how those two images look the second is better. I've always hated how those model sheet poses for the characters looked.

It will always be one of my favorite things.

Attached: sunnychiu06_adventure time.jpg (1280x550, 202K)

>there's another AT event coming in LA, this time it's for the complete series DVD
Even after all the shit CN did with the series, they still do events related to it.

Also why the fuck are they releasing the boxset on DVD? Even Australia is releasing full seasons in Blu-Ray.

Attached: D3KQTNbXcAA61EI.jpg (1200x600, 174K)

is anyone going to record it?

Attached: white-siroikinoko_at_finn_parents.jpg (1280x822, 200K)

>The second one has much more soul though
>The stiff lifeless stance with perfect posture
>the blank stare
>the straight lines over curves
>the more uniform position of the lines
The 2nd is in every way devoid of life.

>I've always hated how those model sheet poses for the characters looked.
The poses give a lot of insight into their character which is a much bigger deal than having perfect lines and form (not to mention there being other references for that).

I like the exploration of the sad aspects of Finn's character but I would have liked to see it lead to the ultimate heroic triumph over his own self. Instead of staying down and "realistic" until the end, and dwelling in his greens and blues. As much as I like green and blue I wanted to see his golds more.

>last new sword was a nightmare sword from hell

Attached: honinan_at_finn_fern_fire_ice.png (1280x2140, 718K)

It's a punished Finn, a Finn that's been through some shit. His eyes are unfocused, his world turned upside down, his arm torn off by fan demand.

MFW when the actors care more about being true to the character than the writers do.

Attached: HideousLeafyDogwoodclubgall-max-1mb.gif (444x250, 599K)

You have legitimate points with the lines, but bullshit does newer Finn have a worse stare than the old one. Look at old Finn's eyes and mouth, that's the definition of soulless.
>The poses give a lot of insight into their character
What is Season 1 Jake in this image telling you about his personality? That he just washed his hands and is out of paper towels? The poses for the characters were always stupid and told you fuck all about what they were like.

Attached: Tumblr screencap because I don't care enough to search hard for the image.jpg (498x531, 34K)

There was a point that I liked this show.
There was a point where I could stand this show.

>What is Season 1 Jake in this image telling you about his personality? That he just washed his hands and is out of paper towels?
Anticipation

>Look at old Finn's eyes and mouth
Yeah? They were simple and cute, like an emoticon, in the second they're weird ovoids

>loli gets CREAMED hard in the backseat

>EPISODE
Hall of Egress and/or Puhoy. Solid standalone episodes that tell a surreal coming of age story. There's a weirdly emotional undertone to them for me, with Finn dealing with life and death, but with Jake always being there for him at the end of the day.

>CHARACTER
Ice King and Marceline. I'm a sucker for tragic immortality stories.

>SONG
Liked Francis Forever. Shame they didn't cover the whole song.

>SEASON
I don't know. The Islands arc was pretty good.

>MOMENT
"Big D's over here, WASTELAND STYLE," for funny moments.

Farm-world Finn putting on the crown and the Lich's "Before there was time," speech for serious moments.

>VOICE ACTOR
Can't go wrong with Ron Perlman.

Attached: Egress.png (1280x883, 1.15M)

>Anticipation
Sure, just like how PB is "anticipating" something here, guess she and Jake have the same personality.

Finn's eyes are simple and cute but that doesn't change how lifeless they look. The new Finn's eyes are barely different but on the whole they have much more life to them. If you think the old ones are cuter I guess that's that but I don't see it.

Attached: Princess_Bubblegum.png (100x306, 25K)

can someone tell me why there's so much nicely drawn Finn/Fern fanart? Fern was barley a character, weird to find this is a thing

Attached: D0_e1jGV4AAfSWb.jpg (849x1200, 160K)

>>EPISODE
Evicted!
>>CHARACTER
Finn, old Marceline, Shelby
>>SONG
What Am I to You and Food Chain
>>SEASON
>>MOMENT
Finn defeating Lich with the like-like sweater
>>VOICE ACTOR
Maria Bamford for providing the voices to over half the female characters on the show

>ure, just like how PB is "anticipating" something here, guess she and Jake have the same personality
You're putting words in his mouth when he hasn't even told you about PB yet.

I'm saying it's a dumb argument in the first place because two characters with different personalities are standing in the same pose.

>Sure, just like how PB is "anticipating" something here
That's really more dainty than anything

>Finn's eyes are simple and cute but that doesn't change how lifeless they look.
But they don't look lifeless, it's because they're simple that they display more emotion that eyes with tons of random shades and highlights

They look like the same thing to me man.
>eyes with tons of random shades and highlights
Is that really how you're describing 2nd Finn's eyes there? There's nowhere near that amount of detail.

>Is that really how you're describing 2nd Finn's eyes there? There's nowhere near that amount of detail.
No I mean in general, the less detail on the eyes the better of a job they do at expressing emotion. I don't particularly have a problem with the 2nd Finn's eyes, they're not as good as the first but they're good enough, the lifeless expression and posture as a whole is more what comes across as soulless

the later seasons have characters with bags under their eyes a bunch too when stressed

When it comes to the expression I still feel like 1st Finn has the more soulless one though. It looks manufactured, not natural or real and shit. Just something that was slapped onto his head. I can definitely see where you're coming from with the rest of your points but can't with his expression. I'm not sure we're gonna get anywhere further with this talk though.

Attached: big d's new groove.png (810x1080, 382K)

Oh man, that's very nice. Pretty fanart is the only AT related thing that still makes me happy.

Attached: At the skatepark.jpg (1280x1795, 688K)

Fern is so popular in Japan and Korea that most of the japanese/korean fanbase ships him with Finn

yaoifags in the east and yurifags in the wests

why must it be this timeline

is it literally just that they were desperate for a cute boy to ship Finn with? cause like I said there's a lot of this shit

Attached: 1543865518790.jpg (1280x1280, 128K)

I think it's a mix of that, Fern having lots of angsty drama with Finn (you know shippers cum buckets to that stuff), and Finn/Fern satisfying everyone from yaoi lovers to selfcest weirdos to incest shippers and everyone in between.

It's not my favorite thing in the world but hey at least it features Finn so I'll take it.

>tfw finn shows actual real life signs of serious depression
>they never did anything with this and played it off as if everything was okay

Attached: rough day AT.png (699x966, 1.36M)

The Vault, the inevitable Bubbline questioning, thinking about not being up to snuff anymore now that there's OP princesses everywhere, Fern's death still, all those memories form the treefort crushed

>the inevitable Bubbline questioning
Does it drive anyone else crazy that it seems like Finn literally never knew Bubbline was even a thing?
In Hunson and Marcy he gets asked if Marcy is with anyone and he says maybe, meaning he isn't even sure if they're a thing, and he missed the kiss in the finale.
He very well could've still not known that two of his closets friends (well ostensibly closest friends) are together and had the relationship they did, it's nuts. The show put so much effort into sanctioning him off of that part of the show, what the fuck man.

Becuase he'd ask questions like "Well, what does she have that I don't?" and "Why didn't you tell me PB was a bajillion years old when I was crushing on her?" amongst other actually reasonable questions.

But you know they'll just twist it into him being an incel. Lord knows we don't want Finn to go through that phase of life.

>"Well, what does she have that I don't?"
Finn certainly wouldn't ask that out loud, he'd quietly think it to himself then swallow the sadness during some alone time.

It is fucked up his friends wouldn't tell him about them having a relationship but then you reminded me that both of them also didn't tell Finn PB was 800 so par the course for those bitches.

Neat, someone who feels the same way I do. I liked a lot of what they did with Finn but it was all so negative wasn't it? Stuff like Finn questioning himself more, having to accept the bad parts of life and the world, going through more traumatic stuff without having any outlets, and while I did like that stuff it's just messed up.
Where's the part of the tale that has the hero bouncing back and being stronger and better than before? Here they just left Finn sad. He's sad, I'm sad, everyone's sad.

I really have to question if this is what the show thinks maturity is.

Attached: 309188.png (690x757, 159K)

Broke His Crown, Sky Witch (knocked out), Wheels (was too sleepy to notice them hanging out), Varmints (too busy held up in the Candy Kingdom with KOoo), Stakes (incompetent, held up with vampires during the "close, crucial" moments between them), stuck in GOLB during the kiss, etc.

Finn and Marceline have essentially switched places. Remember how Finn saved PB in the first episode swooping in to catch her? Marceline does exactly that in Elements. PB was chummy with Finn but didn't take Marceline's shit and now it's the opposite.

He doesn't get that. That's life! Nobody gets a happy ending where everything comes together in the epilogue. He now knows that and accepts it. He's not the strongest, or the most intelligent, bravest, wisest, or reckless and may not even be the Hero of Ooo anymore. He doesn't need superpowers and a love interest. He's just a teenage boy trying to find his place in life and that's OK.

No. Ignore those cuddling super powered lesbians on the couch having everything come together in the epilogue.

Simon and Hunson aren’t even aware of bubbline even though they are Marceline’s only family. Bubbline was written atrociously.

My poor, sweet boy who only ever wanted to help people.
: (

Attached: D_b85weary.png (1058x1161, 545K)

It helped inspire What if Adventure Time was a 3D Anime the game.

Attached: UltimateTatasOff.jpg (1135x1020, 124K)

At least with them Simon was an insane man tortured by the crown and Marcy has mixed feelings about Hunson so I could see her not wanting to tell him.
There's no excuse with Finn who is her and Bubblegum's closest friend. So fucked up they never wanted to let him know but like I said, they also hid PB's age from him so I guess they're just huge assholes.

Has he updated it yet? When was the last time, like two years ago?

When Simon asked Marceline if she had a boyfriend, she dodged the question. She would not tell the man that raised her in the apocalypse that she’s dating the pink bitch that mistreated him moments earlier. Nice.

Honestly I didn't really feel like he was sad in the end. I feel like after season 6 ended things started going better generally and he started dealing with his problems and moving on from things (like how he patched things up with fp or met his mom). It also felt like his friends were all there for him instead of just Jake (like in the music hole). and by the end his mom and the other humans came to ooo and he's hooking up with hw casually at the very least.

But they have [insert number here] years worth of history! Yeah, we don't know why the candy people never mention her even in passing, there aren't any same sex couples in the candy kingdom to begin with if she and Marcy had a thing going on, why PB dejects Finn on having her lock of hair but sniffing the fuck outta the punk rock shirt in her bed.

PB's been there for Finn before season 6. Whachu talkin bout' Willis.

At the very least it's canon that in the finale he's emotionally repressed which isn't a nice note to leave the protagonist on.
I guess we're supposed to headcanon he saw a therapist at some point and wasn't just left like this forever?

Attached: emotionally repressed.jpg (904x549, 129K)

They've left him in such a shitty state while fixing problems around him, but they go "well he might deal with it down the line. DEVELOPMENT!" and people just eat it the fuck up.

People are pretty easily pleased by perceived progress and don't ask for actual progress.

>turns 9 today
It's 12 as of this January, ya dingus.

Greg dicks Rose Quartz and nobody bats an eye, Finn's in the way of that progress so he has to go. All of the Bubbline development had to conveniently take place before Finn hit 17-18 (while he's sperging out due to hormones, mental issues and romance nonetheless) otherwise, there's a chance he would've went "Up the Wizard Steps.

To be honest I'm still not really sure what they mean by this comment, because at this point in the show he doesn't really come off as emotionally repressed to me? am I just dumb?

Greg was like 30 or something when he was with Rose, duh no one bats an eye
blame the show for starting when Finn was 12 and not 15 or something

While I wouldn't have described him as repressed later seasons Finn did feel a lot more reserved to me in the sense that he was keeping stuff to himself more. I guess that panel is just showing this was an intentional decision by the writers and not just an accident or something.

Finn was able to butter PB up to the point of nearly staying a kid with him if not for Lemongrab despite memories of Marceline and being 800. Dude had to get monster nerfed and act cringe around her for Marcy to swoop in.

Isn't it odd how the entire population of Ooo shifts in terms of life and tone? Maybe that's not the right word to use, but the marauders were rough and tumbly all day. After season 6 they'd probably be entrenched in some weird shit representing a metaphor of how fighting is bad so some shit.

I feel like over time they shifted focus more from the wackiness of the people of Ooo to the more regular aspects of them. It was definitely a different feeling from really early AT but I really like it in certain instances like what they did with Starchy or Root Beer Guy.

Attached: 1536366495668.jpg (500x198, 13K)

This only really shows how imbalanced the writers were. "If you don't cry more than once a day while there are more important things that you have to take care of you're emotionally repressed."

Finn was never even afraid of crying, he was just stable enough that he didn't have mental breakdowns every 5 minutes like a retard

Attached: I dont even cry much.png (1024x576, 339K)

oh shit, I wasn't even aware. I feel old now.

The first five seasons are the best, while the last five sucked ass.

Considering Finn thought the only time that someone should cry was "when people die" he didn't have the strongest grasp on it back then either, but of course that's far better than being forced to keep everything in.
Finn's never been much of a crier though, only did it like 3 or 4 times in the whole show. And half of those were just because it's Rebecca Sugars' fetish.

white boy bad
women good

Elements was a terrible idea.

>Considering Finn thought the only time that someone should cry was "when people die"
What he said was "like when people die," it's an example of when it's healthy, not the only case.
But besides that there aren't many situations where crying actually helps, and even less of those situations actually needed to be put into Adventure Time, which is the ridiculous irony of the fact this episode is followed up by Incendium. Even though I like Flame Princess as a character there was absolutely no reason we needed Finn depressed and bawling on the floor, it's not fun to watch, it's not dramatic, romantic, and only vaguely empathetic.

But amazingly not their worst one

I don't like this Marceline, she feels like a Steven Universe's character. being sad all the time, muh emotional support. What happened with our funny bad girl?

Attached: 1554398988843.jpg (604x604, 53K)

That's shit and you know it youtube.com/watch?v=IhIEpGBA4pc

>But besides that there aren't many situations where crying actually helps
People still cry though. Just because it's not logical doesn't mean it doesn't happen, that's the whole deal with emotions.
And even though it was likely just slpppy writing/collaboration I always thought it was pretty funny that the show has Finn bawling in a puddle of his own tears just after him saying that in Dad's Dungeon. I can still see how it works though cause like you said, Finn said "like when people die" so to him finally venting his feelings for PB is on that level.

How can someone enjoy that episode? It was terrible and boring as fuck.

Attached: 1513481771014.jpg (600x600, 62K)

That ship sailed literally half a decade ago dude. That Marcy is the best we're getting at this point.
It's at least a step up compared to how she usually is, feels much more alive than the past several seasons of the show.

>But amazingly not their worst one

That's true... sadly that's true...

Attached: 1507672265993.jpg (948x809, 70K)

It was one of my favorite cartoons ever for about 3 seasons. I had a lot of fun watching it and talking about it with friends and anonymous strangers on the internet up to a certain point. The second half of the series was nowhere near as good and actually got pretty bad at times, but it was still one of the best cartoons of this decade, and that first 2-3 seasons is one of the best television cartoons ever.

Attached: 5WwI.gif (500x281, 346K)

Maybe but Marceline is boring now, she is just an overdramatic character instead of a funny character with drama moments just like she used to be long time ago. She is an emo vampire and it feels almost like a fanfic of her.

You're not wrong but as I said it's been 5 years and it's a bit late to be voicing this complaint.

Just got around to watching the finale today, and fuck, I'm actually grieving the show being over now. It feels like someone I know is dead. The last seasons were piss terrible, yet to genuinely enjoy something for close to a decade, you end up with a sort of affection for it. I guess it's good to end it before it got any worse, but still. Pretty good bittersweet ending.

To this day I am pissed with what they did to FP. The hype when her first episodes came around was insane, Burning low was a fucking explosion, there was talk everywhere and people would scour episode lists months in advance to try and guess when the new FP episode was. And they threw it all in the trash for absolutely nothing, a complete and utter waste of a character and of a relationship.
Breaking them up didn't even serve any purpose romantically as the next 2 possible pairings for Finn were paired together. HW is nice, I like her, but she never got the time to be developed properly so it felt really cheap.

>EPISODE

Incendium. It doesn't matter if you are or not a shipper, this episode has an incredible quality, good comedy, good storytelling, good interaction between the characters, a great surprise (for my EVIL daughter), the episode is mainly a Rebeca Sugar thing but it has a touch of Pendletton and maybe even McHale.

>CHARACTER
I don't prefer any of them, but PB is probably my less favorite character.

>SONG

I just can't get over you. Finn being genuinely sad without being an emotionless emo faggot.

>SEASON

Season 4, everything was fine in that time.

>MOMENT

Finn using the Crown and destroying the whole world with the bomb, it was genuinely the most interesting moment in the whole show as it explains that The Lich IS the BOMB that destroyed the world. But let's forget about that and let's see SPACE ADVENTURES AND TALKING COMETS AND MORE BORING SHIT.

>VOICE ACTOR

Jeremy Shada, his voice is simply perfect.

Attached: 1505852541575.gif (500x278, 212K)

>that's the whole deal with emotions
And part of becoming an adult is learning to control emotions so that they enhance your life rather than interfere with it. So sadness can be appropriate in some situations, and it can be appropriate to cry, but not every situation is like that, and it is inappropriate to cry in response to some situations. Did acting like a child help Finn there?

based on your answers I'm surprised Finn isn't your favorite
interesting opinions

You should have stopped while you were ahead. And if you wanted to continue, you could have atleast made an Effort in the rest of your seasons.

There is literally nothing good related to HW. But FP was the bomb, Sugar made a great work creating that character and it had enough potential to be correctly exploded by other writers, hell other writers even understand why the new Finn sucks.

To be honest Finn was supposed to return with FP eventually but Xayaphone hated that idea because apparently he hates that character (He is the Lauren Zuke of Adventure Time)

Attached: 46.jpg (1066x1600, 629K)

>FP describing Muto's Finn

Attached: 47.jpg (1066x1600, 536K)

>And part of becoming an adult is learning to control emotions so that they enhance your life rather than interfere with it.
Finn was 13 there.
Sounds like you should be happy that for the rest of the show he"became an adult" and never cried again.

Attached: 42.jpg (1066x1600, 565K)

My problem with Finn is that I can't undo the effect that the story post-Pendletton's retreat then I can't avoid to see him like an useless, emotionless, wishy washy, boring, emo character. I think that I even developed a slight hate for him because there is always a part of the fandom, who thinks "this is development" when it's obvious that it was made like this because they needed save budget. Even without the Muto's Finn, I can't consider Pen's Finn my favorite character because I think that all of them used to be very good.

That's AT as a whole though, you either focus on the good or don't bother at all because there's oh so much bad. Just how you have to deal with it at this point.

>Finn was 13 there.
Meaning an adolescent feeling conflicted as a child's emotional responses don't mesh very well with adult interests and consequences. Adolescence is a phase to be grown out of, not something to be held on to with the excuse that "that's the whole deal with emotions".

>Sounds like you should be happy
After this point, Finn went from an adolescent with a crush that didn't interfere with his life or relationships and a reasonable early grasp at maturity to an adolescent driven by emotions and plot-induced stupidity to ruin his own happiness and that of those around him. At least Finn has the excuse of not having any humans around to raise him properly. Why do you think his behavior in later seasons is appropriate for an adult?

From what we learned after it ended, AT really is a tragic story of something with lots of potential being continuously sabotaged by the people involved until it became a hollow shell. And al so Pendleton could play games and do nothing.
But what pisses me off for real is how there was talent involved all the way till the end. The Marceline and Islands specials were great, if the rest of the final seasons had been on the same level of quality and had fully embraced the sense of adventure the specials brought back, I have no doubts it would have ended on a much higher note.

NOT CANON

Canon, just entirely forgotten about aside from some brief moments

How exactly does somebody forget the fact that they like dick?

I mean PB ended up with Marceline. Even if they were toying with the idea of her and Finn being together in the earlier seasons they must've decided she was better off gay.

The most we can hope for now is that she really was into Finn at that time and that she's just bisexual.

I didn't like Islands, they have the same problems than the rest of the last seasons. Pendletton is innocent about it, after a certain point he didn't have the authority to do something different.

I assume that she and Marcy are both bi, unless we're supposed to believe that they both became allergic to dick at some point.

Continue to rewatch the show with friends. It has always been wonderful and especially came into its own in during the middle and later seasons.

Hello and stay away from Castle Lemongrab!

I wasn't referring to their sexuality, just the event with Finn. Since they're both immortal I'm assuming they have some different views on that kind of stuff anyway. I mean it would be silly to try and say Marceline hasn't fucked everything under the sun at this point.

>How exactly does somebody forget the fact that they like dick?
Why even bring this up when you bring up the fact that she "might" be bisexual later in her post? If she liked Finn like that at one point in the past and she likes Marceline now than she's bisexual, big whoop.

based opinion

>EPISODE
Rootbeer Guy. I know that is has nothing to do with the rest of the show or the plot, but I really like that short noir story.

>CHARACTER
Jake.
In a good show, I think villains and heroes should be difficult to distinguish and Jake fits that perfectly by being a terrible hero and generally shitty person. I really like how he refuses to change or grow in any meaningful way.

>SONG
Everything Stays

>SEASON
Season 5

>MOMENT
BMO telling Marceline the story of the 'little girl and the Moonlady' while showing her the slideshow of her late mother.

>VOICE ACTOR
Hannibal Burress

>Lemonhope's song

Terrific choice.

Help

>Stakes was great
Not in my book.

They were both straight as an arrow before that ship. No bisexuality. Straight.

It may not be great compared to the series at it's peak, I'll agree episodes like the first special with Simon's story were magical, but compared to the seasons they were aired with both specials felt like a breath of fresh air to me. And I liked vampire king.

Islands > Elements >>>>>> Stakes

Vampire King was nice. I saw Finn and Jake being mistreated from there on out a mile away.

That's a very neat reason to like Jake, I respect it

I wanna post fanart but am tired, offer suggestions and if the threads still here in the morning I'll post stuff if I got it. Night all.

Attached: CT6fEKZUwAAdqW0.png (838x598, 311K)

Even though it crashed and burned halfway through season four, those first three and a half seasons are some of my favorite western animation ever produced. There was really nothing else like it at the time, and there hasn't been anything quite like it since, even though it kicked off an entire era of animation. Finn was honestly one of the coolest protagonists I'd ever seen in a kid's cartoon, which made it sting that much worse when they totally assassinated his character in the latter half of the series.

This show impressed me with how was able to completely kill it's viewer base so quickly, Compare the ratings of Season 5 up to F&F to the rest of Season 5, then compare that to season 6, then 6 to 7

bump

Attached: 864093.png (1280x1220, 1.98M)

Elements > Stakes > Islands

Islands is overrated. As a commentary on technology and its current/potential adverse effects on humanity, it's fantastic - but as a story of Finn discovering his roots, it's really weak. Finn reuniting with his (clone)mum, and convincing her of the value of adventure should've had far more emotional weight than it did, but it all happened so quickly that there wasn't enough time to give a shit. I actually found Susan reuniting with Frieda to be more impactful. Another episode on Founder's Island was desperately needed.

I also find it interesting that Islands seems to be the most popular miniseries for its focus on Finn and its emotional content, when Elements far out-delivers it in both of these areas.

It keep amazing me how many people are butthurt from AT, yet they all have different narratives for why. A lot of people here would say Marceline is the one who got neutered to be in an abusive relationship with PB being the manipulative abuser. This post is the first time I've seen anyone claim contrarywise.

Finn reuiniting eoth his mom beats that awful resolution at the end of Stakes

The resolution was great, Marceline became reclusive and introverted just like me, so now I didn't have to feel insecure fantasizing about her

Was she best girl?

Attached: 2b1fb040-0486-4580-8cf2-68145c0b903d.jpg (1280x1438, 137K)

Magical sailor moon power scene defeating the dark cloud? Nah, pass.

I was more into Susan, but Ice Queen was great too.

Attached: tumblr_ovztyra1vP1v4w9euo1_1280.jpg (1280x1143, 184K)

Stakes resolved the only way it could have.

That was basically just a more visually interesting way to show Marcy's soul sucking powers.

I can understand your criticisms of Islands but it's still above Stakes because Stakes is just bad. When you look past the reason normies love it (Marceline focus, prerequisite Bubbline baiting, backstory) it's a lacklust story with surprisingly shitty humor. Whenever I rewatch Stakes I'm amazed how many lame and annoying jokes and gags there are. Stakes fails to make Marceline's development feel real and earned so it's hard to care.
Only thing Stakes has legitimately going for it are the cool villains, nice song, and the episode with the old timey vampire being legitimately fantastic.

> I actually found Susan reuniting with Frieda to be more impactful.
I'm amazed some people think this, that entire arc (if you can even call if that) was infinitely more rushed than anything else. The backstory episode was fine enough but then the rest of their story barley has time for anything to develop and then it's over and Susan's fucking off for the rest of the show. I don't know how you can say Finn and his mom's story was rushed but act like Susan and Frieda didn't have that same problem only much worse. It was pretty transparently done to give Susan's character some kind of a conclusion after she did nothing for 5 years and to get her out of the way so the rest of the show could happen.

adventure time died way before it ended, I miss the actual show and not the shambling husk it became later

It's canon in the timeline that matters

That's not "quite" how I'd describe Jake: he's like if the Great Gazoo was a secondary protagonist - exceedingly careless because he's flippin' magical, man.

I watched a timeline of Adventure Time on Youtube and it reminded me of Archie Sonic. It's like a bunch of writers kept trying to pull the story in a different direction without talking to each other first and it's up to the fans to make sense of shit and pick up the pieces.

I find that charming to an extent.

Compare how song compositions changed later on too. Early AT had chiptunes, rap, rock among other things. Later AT only has the same tired out feelsy songs.

After Sugar left the feelsy songs pretty much died out. Modern AT, as in like season 6 onward, probably chiefly used song covers more than anything else. There was a lot of them
>Francis Forever
>Slow Dance
>that ice song, Greensleeves, and Let Me Call You Sweetheart from Elements
>Mr. Belvedere
>Mama Said
I don't know how they seemed to stop being able to come up with the short, goofy tunes that were in the early seasons. It's like when they had Sugar they thought all the songs have to be feelsy then when she left they didn't think they could make feelsy songs so they essentially stopped bothering, which is dumb because they didn't always rely on those types of songs.

Did anything good happen to him? I'm being serious here because I didn't watch the final episode but everything just seemed like fuck you Finn for the longest

He got his human mom back, that's about it

You were a fun show until that wet dream episode.

Then you stopped being about Adventure Time.

Well that fucking sucks at least everyone else gets to have a fucking hapoy ending besides the damn MC. Even Rootbeer guy and He's a damn zombie.

This, Finn stopped being Finn aroud that tine and turned into a shitty character that the writers clearly hated so much his own happiness didn't matter in the long run.

Attached: 1554402345098.png (761x610, 278K)

Let's be honest here it would be PB beating Marceline. Let's remember who the real monster is.

Fair enough, but not all the way died out.

>stop being able to come up with the short, goofy tunes that were in the early seasons.
Because it wouldn't fit. The entire population of Ooo shifted from wacky to more personal. You don't see them getting into crazy shenanigans anymore, they all are average with something that depresses them.

see . He'll figure things out on his own and bounce back, we just don't get to see it.

Go back to your cuckshed, Muto.

Someone here make a legitimate and convincing case for Bubbline. It can't all just be fanservice.

>He'll figure things out on his own and bounce back, we just don't get to see it.
So then I can assume he won't bounce back as well?

>He doesn't get that. That's life! Nobody gets a happy ending where everything comes together in the epilogue.
Literally everyone but Finn did get a happy ending.

>she's just bisexual.

No such thing. Either you bat for one team or the other.

Conceptually it's an interesting idea. Immortal vampire who isn't as bad as she seems getting with an immortal princess who is much worse than she seems. I think the pair could have a legitimately interesting dynamic (not that I'm interested) and that's probably part of its popularity, as the piles of fanfiction can attest too.
The show just didn't really portray it well and made their chemistry pretty bland and boring.

There's a few lame jokes, like the fart talk bit and the drawing scene, but I've never found them to be that big an issue. The entertainment value of the vamps alone makes up for it imo.
>Stakes fails to make Marceline's development feel real and earned so it's hard to care.
Marceline's development in Stakes is basically just her gaining a newfound sense of purpose and optimism. It's hardly a drastic change.
>the episode with the old timey vampire being legitimately fantastic.
At least we can agree on this.

>I don't know how you can say Finn and his mom's story was rushed but act like Susan and Frieda didn't have that same problem only much worse.
Pretty easily, because Susan and Frieda had a whole extra episode to establish their relationship. We don't even get to see Finn and Minerva do that, not properly at least. You can't just dismiss the backstory episode as if that doesn't count.

Finn and Jake's song in Cloudy is a good example of them having a wacky song that still fit. They could've done more like that but just didn't seem inclined to.
Especially with Finn and Jake, they were always open to singing random songs for no reason even towards the end. There was really no reason to erase the musicality from them.

That's just fucking dumb though why would you erase the wackiness of a world like Ooo? Why fill this mystical world with depression lost and sucicidal tendencies?

Well Finn did have his mom and the humans coming to Ooo. And he's more mature now. He's fixed up his relationship with FP and PB to an extent, he's got HW now and he's coming to terms that you can't get what you want in life all the time and everything isn't hunky dory. Fern's death will push him to be more of a better person and not treat people like third wheels. Gumbald taught him sometimes peaceful methods is better than violence and he finally got the stones to stand up to PB for once (ignoring Burning Low)

Yeah you had to take away his charisma to fight and win battles, send him on an unnecessary trip down tfwnogf lane, minimize his ability to make a huge difference in Ooo and turn him into the Gohan of AT, but he's more mature and less hard headed now.

>Fern's death will push him to be more of a better person and not treat people like third wheels
but Finn was literally the only person who ever gave a shit about Fern, that's a lesson everyone else needed to learn not him

After comparing some new and old Cubby art I think the problem is that he doesn't draw both sides of Finn's face anymore. Like in the thing you posted, all of his face and head is on the left from the viewer and it just looks shitty. Before he put some stuff on the other side to balance it out, looked more like a bobblehead and fit way better in his style. The modern faces are too skinny and tall.

He kind of does the same with the women but Finn feels worse to me in a way I'm not sure how to describe.

I think Fern's death wasn't about Finn learning how to care. It was learning a very difficult lesson that you can't save everyone.

Despite everything Finn did for him, Fern went hogwild and tried to imprison and replace him. Even at the end, Finn did not want to kill Fern but was forced to by circumstances. Finn has to live with that guilt and the consequences of his decisions; he realizes that even the 'right thing' is morally fraught.

So how does that coincide with Finn getting nerfed

> I actually found Susan reuniting with Frieda to be more impactful.

That shit is gay pandering again.

This.
That story was garbage and it's impressive how there's always some retarded pretending it was good

>I actually found Susan reuniting with Frieda to be more impactful
It was boring and empty like the rest of the arc but especially stupid cause it was just pandering

Even her name was stupid: Minerva, she couldn't have a normal name, Martin Mertens showed they did an effort

Martin Mertens is a lame as hell name and Minerva is way better.
Why the hell should she have had a "normal" name? Finn isn't a normal name for an American audience but his name is wonderful, same as Minerva's.

Hall of Egress? You're in a minority, that's generally one of the episodes from later seasons the most people tend to think was good. It may not be comedy funtimes but it was an insane concept that me feel tired just watching. Like Finn was playing some old, ridiculously hard video game with no manuals, and nobody could help him

The concept or the miniseries? I agree on the concept because it tried to to put nobody characters like Slime Princess on the same level as PB, but the miniseries was fun.

I wonder how they would handled acknowledging it in the main text? How would it have actually affected Finn and Marcy's friendship

Attached: anglo_aleman_marcy_finn_raise your hand if you had a crush on pb and suffered because of it.png (924x2196, 753K)

Muto was like the Berman of AT

>way it should go
Finn is embarrassed and maybe a bit sad but at this point I feel he would've already realized he was never gonna get PB so he's cool with it, he and Marcy bro out with him asking if he wants a wingman and Marcy says she'd help him out in the same way.
>how it'd actually go
Finn is made to look pathetic and maybe Marceline laughs at him or something then she says something patronizing and fucks off. Or she just laughs at him and that's it because the show doesn't like them talking and interacting after season 4 or so.

I wouldn't want either of those descriptions

>Fern was barley a character
He was the main plot of Finn's character for like the last two seasons and the finale

That's still what you'd get.

Those pedos should get the chair for raping it for the last 4 years.

>Finn, ever heard of a 'spitroast'?

I'm glad it ended before it could become even more shitty

I would have rathered a New/Old and Life/Death theme going on with Finn/PB and Ice King/Marcy as opposed to the elemental princesses

No one cares about RS anniversaries but everyone cares about this shit that made the board mad for like 3 seasons worth of problems.

I personally liked stakes the most out of the three miniseries. I thought the vampires were all pretty fun in general. The song, Everything Stays, is very good. And I personally liked the premise of Marceline getting sick of being a vampire and trying to live as a mortal for a while. I can see why people don't like it though.

Fionna is one of the primary reasons not to let a woman steer the ship on a series.

>Poor kid is going to have a shitty life.
I highly doubt it.

it's cause RS got boring by the 4th season

I hate Inkershike themselves but they draw good AT stuff.

Man she sucks

>the ships wa subtle
It wasn't.

>I hate Inkershike themselves
why? they just seem like a spic who really love that OC they always draw

Hate is a strong word but they come off as really obnoxious.

not him but I didn't like the episode neither

Minerva is pretentious and it isn't subtle, a fucking stupid name. Finn is his name cause the writer is from Finland

>it was an insane concept that me feel tired just watching.
yea, it was boring

They ruined like every fucking dad except Joshua

>A fucking NAME is pretentious
God you're retarded, it's a fucking name. Finn's name means "fair haired" and he has blonde hair, oh shit his name isn't subtle and is pretentious too.
This is legitimately the most autistic complaint I've seen someone on Yea Forums make about AT. That's not even why they made Finn's name Finn in the first place.

They really wanted to show that adoptive fathers are better than biological fathers. It's like everyone from the crew had problems with their fathers

>guy makes a show where the girls are waifus for the MC
>girls and whatever the current term for numales is comes in an ruins everything
>creator steps down and they control the series

>episode
finn the human/jake the dog
>character
finn
>song
everything stays
>season
>moment
fern's death (both times)
>voice actor
either jeremy shada or tom kenny

That would be because more people like Marceline.

>Implying that PB is abusive
>Implying that doing what needs to be done for the greater good of the kingdom makes her manipulative
Fuck the haters, niggas can't handle my utilitarian role model

I doubt it. I don’t want your interpretations.

>the greater good
There is no greater good when it's just you and your retarded slaves.

this should be enough proof alone that bubbline is hackery

Epic catch buckaroone

>>song
>everything stays
shit taste what the fuck

Incorrect

How do you think it would realistically go then?

He's right though, every Sugar song is objectively shit

I wouldn't know but both of those are ass.

Alright then.

Attached: 1468572414833.png (384x313, 51K)

Prove it

I like how every thread for Adventure Time someone HAS to bring up the evil lesbian kiss ending. This video has no

>This video has no
What did he mean by this

he must've gotten article 13'd

>Everything Stays
>That song from I Remember You
>All of Steven Universe

not to mention happening happened will happen happen happened again and again fucking series finale song

Attached: Jenny X Finn.jpg (894x894, 72K)

Attached: 1516293827417.jpg (876x784, 156K)

In all seriousness Everything Stays is a pretty good song and if someone thinks it's objectively bad they're stupid

Attached: 1551291164323.png (1000x672, 200K)

There's several images of Finn and Dominator, I wonder if one guy has a liking for the pair and commissions them

Attached: 769327_eroticphobia_smooch.png (1520x2050, 963K)

Nice

They're still sentient and too retarded to take care of themselves. She has a duty to them. The slave thing is an opinion, they do exercise their free will and voted her out of office once.
>Muh tyrant abuser PB with my innocent pure vocal rasp rock princess Marceline
Fuck off, hippie

Attached: 1554502822822.jpg (1512x1347, 96K)

>She has a duty to them.

Maybe back when she was a princess and not an immortal dictator. If she created them then there is no duty, there is no greater good.

The harem grows...

Hey Yea Forums,this songs could make a perfect tribute for Adventure Time ended.

youtube.com/watch?v=wTWOAJJ9s1g

youtube.com/watch?v=0qa7yNMVwkM

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6sJn-x_fR4

youtube.com/watch?v=eP9pIJlclzk

Attached: 70557849_p0_master1200.jpg (1000x999, 424K)

>If she created them then there is no duty, there is no greater good.

Why not? She's an intellectually superior being that chose to create them and chooses to hold herself responsible for the wellbeing of her retarded science experiment. Her loyalty to them is the cornerstone of her personal code of ethics.

Cease and desist

lol retard, every Sugar song is good

t. Ian

>Say something nice about it!

Canyon is amazing and I love her.
I'm upset Finn and Canyon never got together, but I'm okay with his relationship with Huntress Wizard. I really don't understand this shows obsession with pairing Finn up with nasty, manipulative, women who 'care' about Finn, but aren't 'honest' with Finn.
I'll probably always be a little upset that they couldn't just let Finn be happy.

Attached: 6b7.gif (1280x720, 952K)

if i recall correctly, flapjack was ended to make room for AT, and while im not that broken up about it, i do really wonder what both shows would be like if this stayed episodic and flapjack was the one that continued on and got a "plot"

Attached: FlapjackSeriesLogoIA01.jpg (800x500, 86K)

the story is less retarded then i thought :)

This show was fucking garbage. Prove me wrong.

copious amounts of drugs would be involved.

>9 years
Fuck man, were does the time go

Why the fuck did they retcon this? It seemed like the perfect solution to an insurmountable problem and made the show feel like it had stakes and was going somewhere

Because A) They likely had PB getting with Finn as a means of a happy end if they didn't get renewed B) When they did get renewed, they likely didn't want to kick Hynden Walch to the curb (I wouldn't either she's such a sweet person) C) They also admitted they had no ideas of what to do with her once she was aged down.

FP is created so Finn has a lady friend, Bubbline explodes with What Was Missing, show shifts in tone with the idea of knights getting princesses being problematic, and the rest is history.

Attached: 1537909970437.jpg (1012x570, 300K)

>Greatest cartoon of the 2010s.
Nope, doesn't hold a candle to Gravity Falls.
Also AT is extra shit for ruining cartoons with CalArts

to be fair, they likely didnt have that many great ideas after she was aged back up again, since they just kind of threw shit at the wall and saw what stuck.

I'll watch a show about Joshua and his wifes detective agency.

>They also admitted they had no ideas of what to do with her once she was aged down.
So? Is it really hard to come up with ideas of what to do with a child princess that is the same age as the MC and likes him?
It's not like having her age up again made her any better.
They could have keep using her in the same way they had been untill then and come up with something later.

Here's a Marceline before I go to bed.
If yall want something I'll check here in the morning and draw it after work.

Attached: Marceline looking surprised.png (3600x4680, 665K)

These are the only correct answers.

>EPISODE
Hall of Egress, Billy's Bucket List, Dark Purple, Summer Showers, Breezy (yes really), Puhoy, lots of others in the running too.
>CHARACTER
I wish Canyon got some more screen time. She seemed really cool and mellow. In terms of a character that actually got some exposure probably Finn, PB, or Marcy.
>SONG
The demo version of the Fries Song.
youtube.com/watch?v=T8FFNuI5iTg
>SEASON
Don't know if I can pick honestly. Somewhere in the 4-8 range.
>MOMENT
The end of Susan Strong's introductory episode.
>VOICE ACTOR
Hynden Walch probably.

>Liked Francis Forever. Shame they didn't cover the whole song.
How about favorite that isn't a cover?

Bump

Daily reminder that pic-related loser-stoner managed to find a lover at the end of his show, whereas AT's finale left Finncel not merely alone, but also without his fapping hand.

Attached: Mordecai_the_Virgo.png (223x252, 72K)

>Breezy

Good choice. Did you know that whole thing is based on a 1973 movie about a young hippy falling in love with an older man (who originally wants her for her body, but later develops actual feelings for her).

watching Finn being literally deflowered by LSP was a little hard to watch though

I don't think sexuality matters when PB is essentially sentient bubblegum that can technically take on any form she wants to.

Who said that PB didn't just fashion herself a bubblegum dick one day out of boredom?

Attached: 1533004636621.png (694x632, 30K)

Nice trips

I think the moral of Adventure time is that you really don't need a romantic relationship to make yourself happy though. Finn does have a happy ending, humans like himself came back and throughout the whole PB and FP thing he learns to cope with dealing with relationships not turning out what he wanted and comes out as a better person for it.

Finn goes from a boy that sought constant attention from women(who more often than not, used him) and grows up into a man that can deal with being on his own. I feel like that's a better ending than him just ending up with PB. I mean damn, we've seen that story already.

>Who said that PB didn't just fashion herself a bubblegum dick one day out of boredom?
Wouldn't change anything about her sexuality as long as she used it on a man

Rewatching AT with a friend right now.

Jesus Christ , F$F really IS a garbage episode.

Attached: thiccfp3.png (810x757, 172K)

>Watching past S3

Your friend better be really hot

He's a dude lmao.Plus his english is meh and he keeps asking me for trad, so I can just conveniently not translate the uninteresting/bullshit parts.We're at S6 rn.

Attached: thiccfp.png (811x1341, 477K)

Canonfags are the worst of all fanfags.

This

Attached: 1460603213918.png (784x1440, 1.24M)

F&F is only really bad for Finn being an asshole and the very unneeded wet dreams, the rest is fine and FP fighting Ice King is cool stuff. There's way worse episodes than that one, at the very least it's not boring.

I miss the old Dabble style. I like that his lines have gotten smoother and the colors have gotten better, but everything seems so hyper these days coming from him that it doesn't seem appealing anymore.

Uh no. His skills and enthusiasm for fighting deteriorated. He never sought attention from PB and would be been okay with a flat “no” like Marceline told him. It was AFTER Too Young they he really (rightfully at his age) got broken up about things.

>I mean damn, we've seen that story already.
That’s not an excuse. We’ve seen all kinds of relationships shown. It’s what you do with it and not being a tropefag.

He has a “happy ending” but it’s the illusion sweet frosting covering a shitcake.

The beginning was really good, and the end, given what the show had become, was the best it could’ve been

>How about favorite that isn't a cover?
Probably Everything Stays.

All Gummed Up inside makes me weirdly nostalgic though.

Attached: Marceline_AT.jpg (1000x674, 109K)

>Hello, Frank the human boy....
>How did you Almost know my name!?
>I have approximate knowledge of many things...
Never fails to make me laugh.

Attached: shoko_at.jpg (494x750, 78K)

Retarded user, don't you see anything pretentious about a woman called Minerva? seriously? just like that? the goddess of wisdom. You are stupid user

Attached: laughing-owl.jpg (450x450, 39K)

It's also just a name. This is such a stupid thing to be triggered by.

Everything after the season 5 was not canon cause the creator of the show left and then the rest was an idiot fanfic Cartoon Network and retard writers created, if you like that garbage that's fine but let's admit nothing in those seasons was canon without the original crew and the creator of the show specially

This show turned to shit after two seasons.

Press S to spit

FPBP

It's a stupid name and I can say it like I can say many other things were shit in one of the worst arcs in the whole show, horrible writing

How are you gonna call me a retard for not thinking names having a meaning makes them pretentious? That just makes you sound like an idiot.
Finn means fair haired, Bonnibel means fine and attractive, Marceline has roots in Latin too. So how are those names not pretentious but Minerva is? Cause you like them? Cause Minerva isn't used often? Neither are Finn or Marceline. You're stupid.

>princesses getting with knights is problematic

Literally to who? Fat rainbowhaired 30 year olds who are absolutely dying of sodium poisoning because they've fucked up their youth so much and already being hit with old-people health problems like DIABEETUS and their personality is so completely unlikable that no man will come within 10 feet of them?

Why are these "people" allowed to call the shots? Why is society bullied along by crazy, poorly socialized weirdos nowadays?

Why did child PB not have the same memories as adult PB, but she got her memories back when she became 18 again?

They could have literally done some crazy science bullshit where PB planned for this possibility and set up a machine to clone her adult body, and child PB existing was just an unexpected and unplanned for side thing. Then have two Princess Bubblegums.

The name is so direct that just a retard wouldn't recognize the meaning, it's just a huge tag "I'm a the most perfect woman in the world" her name could have been "smart woman" directly

I was forgetting something: you are stupid user

And that's pretentious? Why is making such a casual reference to Roman mythology something that gets you so butthurt?
Minerva was shown to have flaws too, she wasn't perfect. Finn had to show her the error of her ways. You're stupid dude.

Damn you got me guy who thinks non directly mentioning ancient mythology is fucking pretentious.

The name is pretentious cause it's like call youself "Smartguy" in English, very simple and direct. It shows how lazy they were with this arc, the arc was lazy and bad writing

>it's like call youself "Smartguy" in English
Or maybe it's a name that sounds nice, and fits the character, and most people aren't autistic like you and would somehow think doing that is pretentious?
If they were lazy wouldn't they have called her Jane or Becky or some shit? Naming her Minerva is the opposite of lazy because it required some level of though, and you seem to consider a writer making a modicum of effort is them being stuck up their ass.
I think this is more showing how you're a fucking dumbass to actually get upset at this. Even if you think the rest of Islands was shit a character having a fucking name you don't like doesn't mean that part of it is bad or lazy writing.

It's a lazy stupid name just like this arc.

>If they were lazy wouldn't they have called her Jane or Becky
Those names don't mean "smartwoman" so of course they weren't enough for a goddess

Alright man if you want to continue thinking that you do you.
But I want you to know a poster on an anonymous image board thinks that's a very stupid thing to think.

Attached: 1542074066654.jpg (919x960, 117K)

Pen was a writer until season 7, and boarded a few episodes after that as well. Regardless, this is a silly way of looking at a TV show like AT, which was a highly collaborative effort. I'm sure Pen would feel much the same.

Two PB’s would be a fun thing to play around with even for just one episode. They kinda brought up the idea in awe Fixed A Trick, but not nearly expanded upon as Fern was. Just imagine “Imitation Krabs” from Soongebob but with Finn and two Bubblegums.

based owl

>But I want you to know a poster on an anonymous image board thinks that's a very stupid thing to think.

Of course what a fag on reddit thinks is always important so go with them, reddit is more your kind of place.

The arc was garbage, it's simple common sense

>Pen was a writer until season 7
Not true, if by chance he wrote some episodes here and there it doesn't mean anything but he left after season 5

>Pen was a writer until season 7
Not true, if by chance he wrote some episodes here and there it doesn't mean anything but he left after season 5

McHale and Pendleton wrote some episodes in the last season but it is not that they decided what was going to happen with the plot or anything else, they were guests

>Just imagine “Imitation Krabs” from Soongebob but with Finn and two Bubblegums.
the idea alone makes me chuckle

>We Fixed A Truck*
I’m a dirty phoneposter

Test

I find it funny how AT threads always turn into massive arguments even though there is barely any shipping bait. The show is just that controversial that everyone forms their own radically different opinion of it

A large percentage of arguments are about Bubbline which is close enough

Muh lesbian boogeyman are runing cartoons by not having my ship be canon

>Episode
Little Brother
>Character
Flame Princess
>Song
Everyting stays
>Moment
When finn makes his wish to prismo and farmworld is shown for the first time.
>Voice Actor
Niki Yang

well, adventure time was around almost half my life, I will always enjoy seeing threads about it. I will always miss the drawthreads though, I was kinda upset when they failed to come back

I missed the last few comics, did HW show up?
if so that's pretty nice

My headcanon is that, that one comic of finn stripping for princesses before getting gangfucked by their strapons is how finns sex life is post adventure time

Attached: um finn.png (332x163, 72K)

>tfw sequel never ever

Attached: 1536115052250.png (891x912, 612K)

yeah I remember this in the original thread, p good

>>EPISODE
I Remember You, it really showed me cartoons could be more than just cartoons
>>CHARACTER
Finn (for the most part)
>>SONG
I remember you(song)
>>SEASON
that's really tough to choose imo
>>MOMENT
Finn killing the monster in Dad's dungeon
>>VOICE ACTOR
Tom Kenny he had a damn good range with ice king

yeah the original version of that song is great

Yes
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Adventure-Time-Season-11/Issue-6?id=152596

can I get so background on this pic?

t. dumblrite

Attached: 1537089330241.jpg (1080x1080, 286K)

>Tom Kenny voiced the Ice King

How did I never notice this before? I can never hear him the same way again now

Attached: 1516418684745.jpg (323x326, 16K)

somone better be there

he even slips into his spongebob voice sometimes.

>I think the moral of Adventure time is that you really don't need a romantic relationship to make yourself happy though.

It sure fucking doesn't seem that way with how the show ended.

Even turtle princess got a fucking lover in the ending.

Seriously though, why the fuck did turtle princess have more of an ending than fin in the epilogue?

youtube.com/watch?v=S02BHmWPZNs

Attached: 1536026029770.jpg (220x262, 12K)

when was this?

yeah, I was pretty depress the week after I finished it, very depressed. what a way to ruin a series

what is it user?

People are STILL complaining about lesbians in this thread. How fucking pathetic

It was in 2011.

yeah no shit

>"w-weave me and my wesbains alone! waaah!"
(you)

They also have personal problems they projected onto Finn.

I'm pretty sure Marceline is who they want to be (and most fans who love her and PB together)

ok satan

well I rewatched AT with a Macedonian, that was interesting

t. guy crying about lesbians for over a year now

based Megg and Mogg poster

what?

I'm glad you admit it's trite user

oh yeah same here, it honestly fucked me up for a bit knowing that ice king was spongebob

thanks, just curious how do you know?

WWM and the Mathematical controversy both happened in 2011.

It's sad that you all let this show be remembered by that 5 second scene by bitching and crying about it constantly.

Now you know how we feel about the finale.

It's sad you're here bitching about opinions you don't like.

do you have an archive of the video?

youtube.com/watch?v=4G55ZV91TY8

The series post-Ward in a nutshell

danrickmers.tumblr.com/post/10906625743/just-so-you-know-the-adventure-time-fandom-is
Yeah this is the prick that kicked everything off.

thanks user, one long time fan to another

who is this guy?

Good taste, Little Brother is a fantastic episode

One of the dudes in the video. Got canned and fast forward to today, the pandering yuribait did prevail.

Dan Rickmers or the person asking him a question?
Dan was the dude who IIRC was in charge of Mathematical, a series that basically advertised Adventure Time and talked to fans and asked them questions and shit. Mathematical asked if people were into Bubbline after WWM aired and that caused people to think the show was actually doing it since they didn't know Mathematical wasn't associated with the AT staff and a controversy happened.
Ended with him getting fired and the show didn't touch Bubbline for years afterwards.

If only bubbline was written better. It could have been great

kind of a shame, I like the recaps with the storyboard art. they just had to ruin it with their gay shit

They were just trying to keep the hype going, I don't blame them much. It's sad it cost a guy his job.
The Mathematical videos were cringey but still kinda fun just for the excitement.

yeah, I definitely agree

No, it is true. He didn't leave the writers' room until after Stakes. Look it up.

>Islands and Elements better
ironic

islands was great. just goes to show you how good finn can be if they actually treat him like he's the main character

Fiona is cute and the firs 3 seaons were amazing.

Sadly it ended up being a trainwreck in the end.

>If it was just a fan video there would be no problem at all. The problem was that it was made by a production company actively involved with the show. The video took something that was a possible subtext and declared it, in effect, text and made it seem like the production was actively seeking out input on plot development. That’s all there is to it

In my view, they were definitely hinting at a romantic history between the two in WWM, but wanted to keep it ambiguous at the time, and possibly leave it that way.

It was the first show I ever got into loreshit with. I miss it and I miss the magic of seeing some new world. It has been drained of its magic and mystery but I pray for its essence to live on in VR.

In your view

Uh, yeah. At the very least they knew how it would come across and intentionally played into that.

There wasn't a hint of romantic history because that would leave 2 years for PB and Marcy to date and Finn and Jake were sure as hell around before the series began if your brain isn't lit up all the way.

Huh, that's a very good point I never thought of until now. Having PB be 18 at that point really made a relationship between her and Marceline hard. It certainly doesn't seem like anything was happening in the series before WWM, though Go With Me already showed they knew each other and seemed to have had some sort of relationship. There just wasn't much time for it to be a thing. But I think it's possible the show could've just not cared much I guess, or maybe forgot or something.

Wait a minute, if she's assumed to be 18 when WWM takes place and it can be assumed it's been less than a year since the start of the show, doesn't that mean Bubbline would've been impossible anyway? Would a cartoon be able to say an eternal 18 year old was dating a 17 or younger year old? Is that too risque?

>Having PB be 18 at that point really made a relationship between her and Marceline hard.
More like impossible. It would've taken a long time for Finn and Jake to fill up the treefort's lobby with gold, so they would've had to be there for at least a year already. LSP never gossip'd about PB and Marcy to Finn, Lemongrab didn't sperg about "the grey one" ever after he was introduced in Too Young, no princesses or any royalty whatsoever talked about PB being old as fuck, even Marceline didn't tell Finn about her age when she was beefing with PB but swoops in to mack on her once Finn mends the rift between them.

>Go With Me already showed they knew each other and seemed to have had some sort of relationship.
Walch's interpretation is what I go with. Seems more in line before all the retcon stuff happened.

>doesn't that mean Bubbline would've been impossible anyway?
Going by the standards imposed on Finn ("He's mortal and PB is immortal. Finn would die and PB would be heartbroken and a widow.) Marceline would have to abide by the same rules or they look highly hypocritical. Finn could age up and court PB, leaving Marceline on the outside. How do you fix that? Make PB immortal as well and leave Finn on the outside permanently.

>Would a cartoon be able to say an eternal 18 year old was dating a 17 or younger year old?
Judging by Twilight, I'd say so. Not Finn though he's different.

Attached: walch marcypb.png (350x301, 167K)

Looking back at that image again I have to question myself about PB. She was always the bubbly, knowledgeable princess who was kind and regal to the core. It wasn't until after Too Young that the morally grey monarch stuff came into play.

It was shit

>Going by the standards imposed on Finn ("He's mortal and PB is immortal. Finn would die and PB would be heartbroken and a widow.) Marceline would have to abide by the same rules or they look highly hypocritical.
With Marceline I could at least buy it. She didn't seem to care about anything of that sort until Stakes which was far later, and she dated Ash who was never implied to be immortal so maybe she was fine with her hoes dying on her. Given early seasons Marceline I could even imagine she loved having new lovers after her previous ones got old and croaked on her.

>Walch's interpretation is what I go with. Seems more in line before all the retcon stuff happened.
Walch's interpretation is neat but was never based on the show, Marceline never gave off the impression she loved hanging out with kids. She didn't like Finn cause he was 12, she liked him cause he was fun to mess with and beyond that a nice and fun person. Plus she hung with Jake who was like 25 despite being immature.

>Not Finn though he's different.
After PB's revealed to be 800 which is about the time Bubbline pushing started in a major way Finn was never in the picture anymore.

The serious PB stuff has its roots in the early show like the whole What Have You Done episode, her having dungeons with chained up skeletons in her castle, and how she wanted to execute (to my knowledge) the Duke of Nuts for a super petty reason. They were jokes back then but parts of the show still laid the groundwork for more insane/morally grey PB before Too Young.

Nope, he left after season 5.

Too Young already threw PB's real age into question, but I see no reason why it couldn't have happened in that 2 year time frame anyway. There had to be time for a close relationship to form between PB and Marcy for the episode to even work.

Finn and Jake were oblivious to their history regardless.

>Walch's interpretation is what I go with.
Walch's interpretation made no sense even as of WWM. It was clearly indicated in the episode that PB pushed Marcy away, not the other way around.

Stakes isn't canon

You can create whatever fanfiction you want about the show but when I discuss it I don't pretend the parts I dislike don't count.

He stepped down as showrunner during season 5, he didn't leave as a permanent writer until after Stakes.

adventuretime.fandom.com/wiki/The_Dark_Cloud

>Too Young already threw PB's real age into question
How so? We already know PB could've taken the kingdom back via FP methods. They didn't have the immortal angle thought up yet.

>see no reason why it couldn't have happened in that 2 year time frame anyway.
Because it's inevitable that Finn and Jake would've have came across them in plain sight or finding out about it from working with PB. Finn couldn't date PB even at 14-15 because of the questions it would raise and I'd assume the same would be true for Marceline until PB was around 16.

You're trying to cram the ship into a timespan where it just doesn't work.

>Finn and Jake were oblivious to their history regardless.
No, they didn't know they were an item but knew they had some sort of bad blood.

>After PB's revealed to be 800 which is about the time Bubbline pushing started in a major way Finn was never in the picture anymore.
Of course he wasn't and would never be after that revelation. He was in the midst of the FP breakup fiasco and would try and skirt up PB's leg in Too Old.

>With Marceline I could at least buy it.
she's got a soft spot for kids I'd imagine from the Simon and Human remnant stuff. I doub't she'd get her tongue in a mid-teen PB.

Also interesting how a 17 year old Finn gets with Huntress (which we don't know her age or if she's immortal) but PB gets the shaft.

Attached: tumblr_inline_oyay29ugZW1tcoeki_1280.png (968x1018, 720K)

so was FP this shows version of Tien?

>I doub't she'd get her tongue in a mid-teen PB.

I have several blue-board-unfriendly images saved which prove you wrong

>but PB gets the shaft.
as she should have. finn getting with PB in any age would have been an insult to our intelligence after they broke things off in too young.

>I'd imagine from the Simon and Human remnant stuff.
Like Stakes that's all stuff that came long after WWM, plus I don't see how her stuff with Simon would make her care about kids. Everyone was a kid at some point, doesn't mean they give a shit about kids when they're older.
I could see Marcy having some sort of a romantic relationship with young PB that doesn't involve any kissing or anything, if she thought PB was okay to handle it I don't think there would've been a problem on her end.

Pendleton wasn't there so it was not canon, if something Stakes and everything after season 5 was a fanfic

and I have several blue board unfriendly images (but perfect medieval mating for a royal heir) in my stock as well.

Two kiddos getting curious > pedo

I'm taking about everything together user.

Greg dicked Pink Diamond, wouldn't be out of question to say Finn would as well if they didn't hamper him so much.

Marcy glomping a young PB and LSP hasn't told all of Ooo about it? You're just grasping for straws now.

How come?

I mean LSP is dumb and as I recall she never gossiped a storm over Finn getting with Flame Princess, even in episodes like Gotcha where she was trying to woo him. Never said anything about the breakup either. So seems like some shit can get past her, and PB would definitely try to hide this cause having a relationship with the scary vampire lady would freak out her citizens and neighboring kingdoms.
I feel like I'm not being too offbase with my spitballing.

>neighboring kingdoms.
They didn't have a problem with Marceline in Princess Day. Heck, she even had a spot iirc as Queen of the Nightosphere.

>would freak out her citizens
are you saying she wouldn't be creative enough to think of a way to not make them sacred?

>I feel like I'm not being too offbase with my spitballing.
I think you are, but we're of two different minds about if bubbline could work before Slumber Party Panic without some major retooling (immortal) It's par for AT to come up with another speculative answer to string together the unexplainable. The amount of hoop jumping to even give the illusion of a seemelss timeline between those two is outstanding.

PD is from after WWM and I'm still trying to operate in that context, how it could've worked before PB was shown to be much older.

>The amount of hoop jumping to even give the illusion of a seemelss timeline between those two is outstanding.
Yeah, even though there's a lot of places where shit doesn't make sense it's kind of commendable how they retarded their way through it so often. Did well enough to fool all the casual fans at least.

finn should have left Ooo with frida and susan.

>How so?
PB's age being determined by her candy biomass.
>Because it's inevitable that Finn and Jake would've have came across them in plain sight or finding out about it from working with PB.
Apparently not, because F+J had no idea who Marceline was when they first met her, and Marcy/PB's history is implied to go back before then. So regardless of the nature of PB/Marcy's relationship, F+J were totally unaware of it. We also don't know anything about what PB's relationship was like with F+J before the show began, so you can't assume that PB would've divulged that information to them.

I like it, but I don't really have any criticism for it so it's cool.

Attached: 98e.gif (516x387, 1.86M)

Oh shit, that reminds me, anyone have any fics? I got a few but always good to expand.

Attached: 1548131421726.jpg (801x605, 291K)

>PB's age being determined by her candy biomass.
Not before the age retcon. She was just sentient bubblegum. There's even evidence of a young peebles in a crown before the candy kingodm was constructed. Pic related alone blows your entire argument out of the water. It was a retcon through and through.

>So regardless of the nature of PB/Marcy's relationship, F+J were totally unaware of it.
Beause PB never brought it up

>because F+J had no idea who Marceline was when they first met her
IF they were dating throughout Finn and Jake's early tenure as PB's warriors. What, PB specifically tells Marcy to stay away on nights where they have slumber parties?

>We also don't know anything about what PB's relationship was like with F+J before the show began
PB and Marceline had to have had fallen out before Finn and Jake met PB. Otherwise they'd see pictures of Marceline and PB lounging around in the Punk Rock shirt among other gifts and inquire about them.

>So regardless of the nature of PB/Marcy's relationship
because they broke up/fallen out before Finn and Jake arrived on the scene, hence them taking the treefort and filling it up with gold. Marceline seriously didn't have any of PB's belongings in there? Lots of mental gymnastics to make it work.

Attached: 3726045906_9f8cb0f38f_o.jpg (4104x2454, 2.29M)

Shit I totally missed it, pretty decent man! Your lines could use refinement but everything else is pretty good, keep it up.

What're you into? I could definitely recommend stuff.

KEK in other words Pendleton was gone after Season 5 and if he wrote some episodes he didn't have power over anything

Thank you man. You're the only person to reply so it means a lot.

Hey man, thanks again man. Means a lot.

I mean, you still got a shitload of work to do, but as long as you keep at it you'll be making sexy Marcy's with the snap of a finger.

Hey man, that's all I can do. Keep drawing, keep working.

You misunderstand me, PB being basically immortal was definitely a retcon. It's just a question of when the writers first came up with the idea. I think it's possible that the idea was there as early as Too Young. It would be an interesting question to ask the crew.

>PB and Marceline had to have had fallen out before Finn and Jake met PB.
Not necessarily. Again, we don't know how close F+J were to PB before the show, and there's a good chance PB would've kept her relationship with Marcy from them anyway. That leaves plenty of time for a romantic relationship to form either way.
I don't know why it's so hard to accept that people who make stuff you like, can also make stuff you don't.

>Again, we don't know how close F+J were to PB before the show
Big catty breakup and PB and Marceline act like that in season 1? Surely you jest.

>and there's a good chance PB would've kept her relationship with Marcy from them anyway.
Why? If PB said "yo she's cool." they wouldn't have a problem with her.

>there's a good chance PB would've kept her relationship with Marcy from them anyway
There's a good chance there was no romantic relationship occurring at all. No. None did before it was added retroactively.

>That leaves plenty of time for a romantic relationship to form either way.
From what fucking timeframe? Them going around in secrecy on dates, maneuvering around in the dark like they're on the run despite PB saying "responsibilities demand sacrifice." Excuse me, but you're pulling all the stops out of your ass and it's not fitting.

Little more simplistic this time. Similar pose but all the way down.

Attached: Marceline smiling_Export.png (2520x4680, 134K)

>Big catty breakup and PB and Marceline act like that in season 1?
PB and Marceline don't interact in the show until Go With Me.

>Why? If PB said "yo she's cool." they wouldn't have a problem with her.
Who knows, maybe she's just a private person. She didn't tell them when they got back together so I wouldn't put it past her. I agree that it makes more sense that she would've broken up with Marcy before meeting F+J though, I'll give you that.

>None did before it was added retroactively.
Well, yeah. That doesn't necessarily make it contradictory though.

>From what fucking timeframe?
The two years before the show started, assuming they hadn't already thought up PB's immortality.

Bump, bump! Or we'll be lost to time -- again.

>The two years before the show started
Two years with Finn and Jake primarily doing quests for and being around the Candy Kingdom.

>That doesn't necessarily make it contradictory though.
I could say Finn and PB fucked while she was 13 and any refutation of that I’d just say “well we don’t know they didn’t fuck so it’s not contradictory.”

>PB and Marceline don't interact in the show until Go With Me.
If they were dating before the series during Finn and Jake serving PB, she certainly wouldn’t be as friendly and well rounded as we saw at the start of the series. Early PB would not have that much effort in concealing a relationship when it’s fucking Ooo and nobody would give a shit since the queen of vampires would be on their case if they talked shit.

>I agree that it makes more sense that she would've broken up with Marcy
No. There was no romantic relationship as far as mortal PB is involved.

>She didn't tell them when they got back together so I wouldn't put it past her.
It’s more of the writers not wanting Finn to fully catch wind of it.

It's on autosage, we're about to go out.
Another successful thread full of bitching and retarded arguments, the naming shit was a new way to spice things up. Always a pleasure.

Attached: DxgwVeeU8AAZJsg.jpg (927x1200, 167K)

>Who knows, maybe she's just a private person
Early Prubs was free to be courted. Everyone else was just shit and Finn managed to fancy her is all.

If you wanna join in so I can expose you before the thread dies I’ll be happy to.

I'm not here for the bitching and arguments. I just want to draw Adventure Time again. It was fun.

I'll see you guys next time. Good night.

Join in to what? The current talk? It's boring at this point, yes they retconned PB but I don't care to talk about that. Been like 6 years.

Sorry bud, that's all we got left. See you.

6 years and still shit to this day.

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Well I’m glad you like shit (not good shit)

It's delicious. yummyyumyum, put that shit in my mouth. Lean that gaping asshole over me Adam Muto sir, I still got room in this here belly.

>I don't know why it's so hard to accept that people who make stuff you like
Because he didn't do it. I don't know why it's so hard to accept the creator of the show left during season 5, if he wasn't the showrunner whatever his opinion of the plot and the show is not relevant for what happened in Adventure Time and you can see how different the show became and how dead the characters became

*whatever his opinion was it wasn't relevant for what happened after that point

hap

Attached: Enchiridion.jpg (600x337, 27K)

reminder that's an 800 year old woman stringing a stupid boy along with the promise of pussy so he'll do her dirty work
never forget that