Doom Patrol Ep. 8

Danny in t minus 15 minutes

Attached: MV5BMjI5NTUyMjc4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc3MzA0NzM@._V1_.jpg (1000x1477, 447K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!1h0xUCQK!36LodkfUqLX-z1-GR6rpzg
youtube.com/watch?v=yKYkoisDxy0
wegotthiscovered.com/tv/doom-patrol-renewed-season-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=1jVECp5Dzp4
twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1112413685375479809
strawpoll.me/17757359
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rita best girl

Attached: ex.png (987x731, 1.45M)

Brendan is still great

10/10 ep so far

>tfw no big titty tradwife jane gf
jdimsa

Attached: karen.png (545x543, 462K)

Finally a Jane that doesn't suck.

Oh I hope she sucks. I bet she sucks reeeaaal good, like a Dyson vacuum cleaner

gentrifier detected. your kind ain't welcome here.

That would be a repeat of the choosing your weapons scene in the matrix.

>Robot boy doesn't understand non-binary
Okay I laughed

Attached: Cena Glance.gif (500x270, 1.94M)

Was that Matt Bomer singing?

I just woke up Danny Bump so I can go watch the episode and not have this thread archive

Attached: danny-the-street.jpg (1400x700, 299K)

bumping thread for when the mega arrives

Looks like we are heading to the undergound next, thought that Flex Mentallo would also come as he is tied to Danny, but it was still a good episode nonetheless.

When are we going to see Jane tits?

Uploading here
mega.nz/#F!1h0xUCQK!36LodkfUqLX-z1-GR6rpzg

Jane Kino next week lads

Utterly based love you babe

Attached: tumblr_poqrihUNQv1qgkt1go1_1280.jpg (695x395, 142K)

Meganon once again coming through

Bless you

wtf i love jane now

We are going to the underground guys...

Ooooh~ We might finally see Black Annis!

Penny a cute.

they actually did it, the madmen

Attached: Capture.png (946x751, 1.14M)

Driver 8 time kiddies!

silver age larry looks ridiculous

Attached: doom-patrol-header.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

LET ME IN

LET ME INNNNNNNNNN

Attached: 2019-03-26 12_44_06-(183) _co_ - Archived - Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol_ Grant Morrison's (197x388, 133K)

Internet was running slow today, but it's up now

Well, I really liked this one. Danny was done about as well as you can adapt a provocative, sentient landscape. Though a lot of the episode also featured Maura Lee and her relationship to the Bureau, Danny still felt like a real character. I'm glad to see Larry is really moving on from being the mope he was initially (only wish that the karaoke scene wasn't a fantasy or that we could actually see him let loose). Wasn't really a fan of this version of Darren Jones; the domestic sitcom nightmare take was a lot funnier and more meaningful on his take of "Normalcy", but for this episode it was alright. Hopefully we'll see Danny again soon with Flex in tow.

Really didn't care for the Karen sidestory, I think it would've been a more fun episode if the entire team was on Danny Street, but at least it's paved the way for the Underground episode. Can't believe we're officially over halfway through the season now.

just starting the ep and it's already kino

Attached: DP108.mkv_snapshot_08.52.321.jpg (1920x1080, 110K)

Still downloading the episode but I was always a huge fan of the Pentagon story line.

Are there any hints of The Telephone Avatar or the Men from N.O.W.H.E.R.E. in the episode?

Oh hey, those are some cock-sucking lips right there.

They should have put Flex inside the cabaret.

None that I caught but I am tired and hungover so I may have missed it if there was.

I'm not worried that Flex isn't gonna show up eventually, but yeah that would've been the best option.

Is Season 2 confirmed yet?

We didn't see 'em in OITNB, so probably never sadly.

With every episode I love Cyborg more and more

We already know Flex is going to show up

I know, but the best place to introduce him would've been the Danny episode.

>I don't sing.
;_;
When the mic was held out I thought for sure it was going to be some kind of Kevin Garvey moment there

I can't fucking believe the range of tones the show is willing to do and how all-in they went with Danny (and Larry). Nothing else on TV even remotely like it. Insane episode. Grant would surely be proud.
This was also probably the best usage of Jane all series thus far, genuinely cannot wait for next week.

Maybe when Darren doesn't take the hint and comes back with some False Men from NOWHERE (Which would be really tricky to write dialogue for.)

>More Brenpai body acting
Splendid!

No, someone said yes but I can't find a single source

Hammerhead is a shit.

>Doom Patrol generals getting smaller and smaller every episode

Cmon guys we gotta' keep the party going or Danny the Street dies!

Oh man, the fake comic nerds are gonna fucking lose it during this episode. A whole bunch of people who have never read a Doom Patrol issue in their lives will be screaming about SJWs before the end of the day.

That aside, absolutely fantastic episode. Seeing Danny brought to life is something I never even thought was possible. And here we are.

Its surprisingly dead for Friday is something going on?

>HEY GUYS MRRATINOALMALE HERE TODAY DC GOES FULL SJW
I can see it now but yes I agree Danny was executed well a lot better than I expected to be honest. Cyborg was a treat in this episode too

Attached: tumblr_inline_pp6ojcIIjV1vrl88c_400.png (203x421, 210K)

LET'S DO THIS

Attached: MGA51-01edit.jpg (1037x1499, 881K)

Attached: MGA51-02edit.jpg (1009x1490, 515K)

Attached: MGA51-03edit.jpg (1022x1515, 725K)

Attached: MGA51-04edit.jpg (1026x1508, 716K)

Attached: MGA51-05edit.jpg (1031x1515, 615K)

Attached: MGA51-06edit.jpg (1025x1507, 689K)

Attached: MGA51-07edit.jpg (1035x1511, 712K)

Attached: MGA51-08edit.jpg (1024x1513, 717K)

Attached: MGA51-09edit.jpg (1028x1507, 721K)

Any word on who was cast for Flex? I know when the season was starting there were two different actors that were being considered. We know for a fact he’s gonna be in this season; I figure they’re just not making any announcements to avoid spoiling anything farther down the line.

And people have got to relax about a second season. The latest announcements were for the rest of the year, even though Stargirl got bumped to 2020 after the announcements were made (embarrassing), but this is one of the most highly rated shows on a service that seems tailor made for fans like us. Just gotta make sure that everyone that can get the service does. I know I’m definitely getting it on blu-ray

Attached: MGA51-10edit.jpg (1026x1513, 689K)

It's still early afternoon for most burgers, I'm sure lots of folk are still at work

Attached: MGA51-11edit.jpg (1043x1510, 709K)

Yeah, I can already see the butthurt. Oh well, at least this place isn't talked about much on Yea Forums.
They pulled off Danny a lot better then I thought they would, though i'm a little sad that Flex didn't show up

Attached: MGA51-12edit.jpg (1011x1519, 678K)

Fantastic episode

Dwayne Johnson

Attached: MGA51-13edit.jpg (1033x1514, 708K)

And now our main event

Attached: MGA51-14edit.jpg (1032x1498, 550K)

As much as I wish that was true...

Attached: MGA51-15edit.jpg (1039x1502, 593K)

Attached: MGA51-16edit.jpg (1022x1502, 716K)

Can't happen, he is black adam

Attached: MGA51-17edit.jpg (1037x1505, 729K)

Attached: MGA51-18edit.jpg (1036x1489, 592K)

I knew the karaoke scene was too good to be true.

Attached: rat.jpg (700x700, 23K)

Attached: MGA51-19edit.jpg (1021x1512, 591K)

The bit at the end with him singing was pretty good though

Attached: MGA51-20edit.jpg (1045x1507, 744K)

Attached: MGA51-21edit.jpg (1034x1501, 614K)

Attached: MGA51-22edit.jpg (1043x1506, 710K)

Attached: MGA51-23edit.jpg (997x1519, 546K)

Seriously, what a punch in the nuts!

Attached: MGA51-24edit.jpg (1008x1513, 709K)

>the show has a character open up some old comic book
>an user can immediately pull up the original book and storytime it in its entirety
What a time to be alive

Attached: MGA51-25edit.jpg (1000x1510, 676K)

Ain't technology grand?

Attached: MGA51-26edit.jpg (1022x1503, 1.32M)

Attached: MGA51-27edit.jpg (1019x1517, 733K)

Is Domm Patrol the FLCL of capeshit

Attached: MGA51-28edit.jpg (1022x1512, 589K)

Attached: MGA51-29edit.jpg (1025x1514, 588K)

Attached: MGA51-30edit.jpg (1032x1509, 703K)

So what's people's theory on how this plays into the plot of the show?

Attached: MGA51-31edit.jpg (1026x1513, 703K)

I can only imagine this issue was foreshadowing events. The idea of someone making a deal with a doctor only for it to backfire horribly fits with a lot of stuff

Attached: MGA51-32edit.jpg (1040x1515, 720K)

Attached: MGA51-33edit.jpg (1032x1504, 616K)

Attached: MGA51-34edit.jpg (1033x1490, 691K)

Attached: MGA51-35edit.jpg (1035x1508, 472K)

So anyone got pics of Danny?
How was he?

End

Attached: MGA51-36edit.jpg (1036x1532, 1.42M)

IT'S FLEX!

I can't think of a better way they could have done him.

I want Larry to be happy

>Danny gave them the comic book to lead them to Flex
STRAIGHT 100% KINO

Attached: page125.jpg (1071x1650, 374K)

Oh FUCK

>You'll never get to live on Danny

Attached: 1529247718616.jpg (256x298, 49K)

OH SHIT GUYS I THINK YOU FUCKING SOLVED IT

I wonder how he does food and stuff

That was the introductory arc to Gerard Way’s surprisingly good run.

He sent out a cake so I must assume some of the drag queens also bake

me too user me too

Attached: Danny_the_Street_001.jpg (1024x752, 206K)

I read it but I don't recall at all

Attached: Danny the Musical.png (1919x872, 1.77M)

Dannyburgers

Yeah, my biggest problem with this show is that we see way more of Hammerhead than any other personality, including Jane.

>Guns R Us
Okay, I'm sold.

I can't imagine what else it will be

Attached: 1540637937029.png (906x469, 802K)

I'M NOT FUCKING READY FOR THEM TO GO
MY HEART WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT

Attached: Death of the Patrol.png (1920x876, 2.03M)

THIS WAS FUCKING GOOD

Following the trail in the comic book, the team goes to Muscle Beach.

Once they arrive, they encounter Peter Puptent, Explorer.

I was thinking about this too, it's going to fucking suck when everyone dies

Th-they'll be fine.

>face drawn over his bandages

Coolio

hammerhead's great though, you guys are obsessed with submissive women

Hammerhead would be fine in small doses, but Jane's whole schtick is how many different personalities she has. It kind of defeats the purpose when she's only one personality ~70% of the time

Not really, she's too much of a jerk to Cliff.
The fact that whatever her face confirmed that Cliff meant a lot to Jane this week felt like total BS wasn't a good thing.

We've known Cliff means a lot to her for quite some time, user

I don't hate Hammerhead, I just feel like we never see Jane. It's hard to see why Cliff likes Jane when she's never around.

Yeah? Well the fact that I missed that completely isn't a good thing

I for one cannot wait to see how triggered Yea Forums will get over this episode.

No, it just means you haven't been paying attention

I have been there. Everytime Cliff is nice to Jane, Hammerhead pops out and shits on him and that's it. The closet they had to bonding is when they were stuck in the snowglobe

Hammerhead did try to kill a guy whose only mistake was being under a different alter's power.

>Flex has some CG work to push him a bit deeper into the Uncanny Valley, just because this makes him look more like a comic character.
>Somehow he also has edges like he's been shot on a green screen and plonked into a shot without there being cleanup (this is because of his origins in My Greenest Adventure)
>He's voiced by Patrick Warburton.
All of these things will be perfect.

That's literally just Jane's defense mechanism for showing emotion. The fact that Hammerhead is coming out means Jane actually does feel for Cliff and is scared of that feeling, which is why Hammerhead shits on him.

I sometimes have trouble being able to tell if she's Jane or if she's someone else.

Man this episode was perfect... Danny the Street was done perfectly and the fakeout of Larry's Karaoke was kind of heartbreaking

Can't wait for next episode, Penny is the best

Hammerhead is Tsundere/100, I thought Yea Forums liked that

Hammerhead is trash and she belongs in the bin.

Same, like with flit and Hammerhead.

I hope they give us a good HERO OF THE BEACH aura, I'm optimistic after how they handled Danny.

>sun dairy

Stop using pointless weeb words.

I'm sure they will, everything else has been spot on. Is it fair to say this is the most comics accurate capeshit show?

>the fakeout of Larry's Karaoke was kind of heartbreaking

I really would've liked to see what his actual performance was like. That said, the joke was pretty damn great.

Is that Matt Bomer's actual singing voice during the sequence?

Attached: dp19.webm (1199x543, 1.73M)

Attached: dp20.webm (1199x543, 1.75M)

Attached: dp21.webm (1199x582, 1.23M)

Working on the show, season 2 prep starts in july

are you the same guy who posted his dp hat months ago

Attached: dp22.webm (1199x543, 1.99M)

Attached: 52883C35-1876-469A-A41B-F1491B198E8E.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Attached: dp23.webm (1199x543, 277K)

I want to believe

So it seems the next episode is the one where they go inside Jane, maybe with this we will start seeing more personalities than just hammerhead

I had a smile the whole episode. Fucking amazing.

>degenerate flyboy
pol?

Terry Crews

We absolutely will. Preview alone showed the Weird Sisters and Penny Farthing. I'm hoping for Driver 8.

it's john cena

Being Doug is suffering.

So if there's a season 2 would you guys want to see when of Gerard Ways run used? And another non DP DC character added to the team unless he's in Swamp Thing, I'd want Animal Man. Him or Freedom Beast

Hopefully.

>tfw trannies ruined drag queens

John Cena with light Cg work around him and mexican soap opera levels of lipflaps for voice over by Patrick Warburton would be perfect.

So far i think the only reason we see Hammerhead is to avoid using the various names Crazy Jane's other personalities have taken from songs and bands, just like JoJo has problems every fucking time.

That being said, Grant's full-on crazyness on screen was...quite something I must admit.

I'm still assmad they raped Larry's character and I suspect it's due to Berlanti being involved and Matt Boomer being actually gay. If they could at least make him translucent man with spooky scary sceleton face I'd calm down a bit.

Attached: Actual Larry.png (307x244, 166K)

I kind of expected a sarcastic reference to Larry as Rebis when they entered the drag club. But I enjoyed the episode nonetheless.

tbqh I'd like to see Way's run animated rather than live action. As for additions to the team, Animal Man would be tight, it would also be cool to see them join forces with some d-lister villain.

That would actually be cool

Cyborg and Larry didn't really do anything for the Danny plot. The whole story with Danny probably could have happened without them exactly the same it did.

>tfw only 2 more episodes left this season
10 episodes is not enough! I want more!

I'm not ready to let it go. I'M NOT!

Attached: 1549580999562.jpg (1440x1438, 239K)

7 left, there's 15 this season

Oh well that's much better.

I think they went for gay because the other options are him being tragic normal, a weird hermaphodite or a zombie

Ambush bug would be cool, or Vertigo/Young animal stuff, Milk war adapted would be something intresting

That's bad? They have other gay characters to play with in canon than to change one. Just seems weird.

You have 7 weeks left

Poor Doug

They were there to witness as audience surrogates then? And tomestablish Larry’s past?

Given what he goes through after he dies will still be weird and being spooky radioactive man of nightmares is freaky enough. I mean, Cliff being just a dysfunctional dad isn't that tragic compared to the sick shit some others went through, including Larry.

Unless they did that because they imply that nobody really survives this time, unlike the first time where Cliff and Negative survived, in which case, missed opportunity.

...hating Karen has made me like Jane?!

was it all about being blonde?

No, aesthetically she was hot. It was being...”Karen” and being the worst manipulative mind control lady ever

Worst than the psych patient that tortured people with mind control?

didn't she only torture the doctor?

>Its surprisingly dead for Friday is something going on
Well it's definitely not Shazam. Maybe people just lost interest like with Titans

What happened to the troops? Danny swallowed them? Ditch them by jump? The speech woke all of them into gay and changed the side?

Ditched them. You can see when the troops arrive that there's the rest of the city, that Danny's hiding in, behind them; after they disappear, there's just forest/trees.

That doctor was gleeful at the prospect of seeing folks lobotomized and a few of those orderlies were jerks.

In Karen did this shot on people completely undeserving

So those hospital patients deserved to be roped into a cult?

isn't the doctor evil?

It was a Jane heavy episode. Of course the hype will be low.

The patients probably weren't mind controlled into doing it, so much as that as people with mental illnesses, they were more suggestible to joining than average folk. Besides, as far as cults go, it was pretty fucking tame, and even resulted in its worshipers (and nearly everyone else in the world) from being/staying decreated.

*and even prevented its worshipers

Hey man, the Church of the Re-Creator seemed like a good time.

Dance like the world is ending

I completely take back everything I said about his inclusion. He really does bring something new to the cast as the level-headed pro who has to corral the misfits of the Doom Patrol into being real heroes.

The entire time they were doing the whole song and dance routine with Negative Man and the drag queen, I was just thinking about how mad /pol/ and Yea Forums would be.

Plus they all came back... probably

Can you really say a cult is wrong if it's objectively right and all its prophecies came true?

It was such a good bit too, sad they’re the only thing preventing themselves from enjoying things

Literally did nothing wrong.
Literally.

It might all be worth it if he gets to bone Jane, but from Hammerhead's rant I get the sense that it's never gotten to that point.

Fuck Hammerhead for that too, it ain't just your pussy.

why negativeman has to show his normie face every fucking episode? contract bullshit? I thought Matt Bomer was serious actor than that REEEEE

>jane canonically has a hairy pussy
Nice.

I hope you're in here next thread complaining about Brendan Fraser showing his face otherwise I'll just assume you're whining about an attractive dude showing up

Which scene?

When she's saying if she gets fucked then so will Rita

I think he's talking about when Hammerhead first pops up and says something about not wanting Doug near her bush.

WHERE'S FLEX THO

We posted the comic that Danny give to Cyborg, check the last page He's coming

Hammerhead shows up and says if doug's dick gets anywhere near her bush, rita'll be fucked too.

Holy Moley! They actually adapted the Danny the Street story - and it was pretty damn cool. Nice one DC!

I just want the fun-loving Larry in the Titans episode. It seems like they're really building up to it as we saw he really does wanna let loose.

I thought that was the gayest episode of any program that has ever existed on this earth.
I read comics.
I am aware of Danny the Street and all the self righteous queer englishmen decades ago that are responsible for "saving" comics in some peoples eyes.
This was gayer than anything any of them ever wrote and they wrote a lot of gay shit.
I read multiple stories with Danny the Street because he facilitates the much needed hero utility of traversing long distances instantly.
Often in poorly written team books where instead of any one character being developed a writer fails to develop multiple characters.
I am sure Yea Forumsumblr loved every moment of this episode.

Attached: 1546363404747.jpg (836x698, 255K)

I hated Morris, but Danny was great. Fuck you.

I'm a bit disappointed that there weren't any frilly lace gun shops or hardware stores (at least none that I noticed) and that Danny never said bona to vada. Otherwise it was great.

holy boneroni

Attached: 0_xlE0zrJJcInJV6m9.jpg (400x224, 22K)

You are right boyo, I loved the episode so get fucked by me if you want

Bureau of Normalcy shill detected.

She’s overused. Also i get that they tried to get away from Jane as a passive figure but they leaned into that too far.

Besides being pretty much the soul of Morrison's run, Danny is arguably gayer in the comics (literally speaking in a form of antiquated British gay slang). If anything they toned it down for the show.

Lesson:Niles was a friendship they made all along.

I’m a little sad that he never BOINA TA VITA

Or however it’s spelled.

I started really hating Karen after she shit talked Rita calling her an old crone who doesn't know she's a has-been and Rita just looked at her with a sad face and said "I know". Man I need a Rita centered episode where we get to deal with her confronting her demons and probably getting some love from some of the other characters. She really has suffered a lot.

No confirmation, just rumors
>wegotthiscovered.com/tv/doom-patrol-renewed-season-2/

Titans season 2 when?

So diffrent actrsses are playing different Janes?

I mean, you're right. But what's the problem?

>I read multiple stories with Danny the Street because he facilitates the much needed hero utility of traversing long distances instantly.
Often in poorly written team books where instead of any one character being developed a writer fails to develop multiple characters.

So you read the awful Teen Titans comic with one awful appearance by a character that pretty much wasn't Danny at all and expected it to be like that? Are you fucking retarded? You've never even read Morrison or Way's run have you? Do you even read comics?

Why am I taking this awful /pol/ bait? I'm ashamed of myself.

I have a feeling that alot of the side characters that have shown up over the season will all make appearances in the finale episodes. We might get it then. We still need a full Animal Vegetable Mineral Man episode, and I'm sure they are building up something with the rat and the cockroach.

Attached: 1553980526263s.jpg (133x200, 9K)

Stfu faggot

Yeah, they had different looks in the comic too

Set for Fall. Depending on how exactly things were shaken up from the original schedule, could be September.

Attached: 1111791420854001664_D23gZs7UYAAdVb4.jpg (2047x1080, 283K)

Nice comic page for ants

Oops Im retarded, thanks

Attached: 1553980526263s.jpg (1005x1505, 419K)

If Karen have a baby and then another jane take the driver seat, what happens to the baby?

Presumably they share the same body and would stay pregnant, but more than likely Jane is infertile from a combination of being 70 years old, a weird superpowered freak, and having been in the American mental health system in the 70s during which time sterilization of patients was not uncommon. Thats assuming that one of her personalities didn't just have her tubes tied at one point which I could see any of them doing.

>share the same body
they don't even share same clothes dummy
my money is on "the baby assimilate into jane, became 65th personality, that's why baby doll is young"
Do you know why Jane is the main personality? Because she is the oldest.

>Do you know why Jane is the main personality? Because she is the oldest.
Nobody tell him.

>they don't even share same clothes dummy
Is that why Hammerhead was still wearing the wedding dress Karen was when she took over?

Tsundere is and always will be trash.

Brendan Fraser's face barely ever shows up though.

>He didn't watch the preview for the next episode.

Man this episode sure was fucking gay
I loved it

The stuff that got changed were changes for the better.

Crazy Jane is not for waifu, especially if you want to keep your man parts.

Negative Man's new, improved back-story keeps him every bit as irritating as he was in the original 60's run, but now with plausible motivations.

Morisson's shallowness was well-illustrated by his inability to see Elasti-Girl as a proper Doomer. This version is heavily influenced by Giffen's run, right?

Now, if they can just manage to unfuck Niles Caulder from the worst bits of Grant's DP run, all will be right with the world. Perhaps portray him as an, at best, semi-competent autistic fuck-up who constantly gets in over his head and thus constantly runs away from the ghastly cluster-fucks he causes? Instead of either Creepy Uncle Wheelchair Professor like in the 60's, or a parody of the "you thought he was good, but he's been evil all along and did it all 35 minutes ago!" pseudo-Moore plot twist like at the end of Grant's run?

>boohoo me no like Morrison
Are you a faggot by trade or is this just a weekend hobby of yours?

Well, he's not called Positive Man.

Morisson did a great Doom Patrol run.

He shit-talked Moore for good reasons, and was funny, too.

That doesn't mean his shit don't stink. His crazy ideas are half-assed Moorcock pastiches. He has dialogue quirks that are every bit as irritating as Bendis'. He has some serious story telling deficits.

Being willing to admit this doesn't make someone a hater. If anything, it's something you notice if you care and you read his works closely.

I feel like this was the first episode that missed a step a little. Absolutely none of that is the fault of Danny, however - they nailed his gentle, supportive tone by making the black drag queen the obnoxious I'M HERE I'M QUEER character and allowing Danny to be the nonjudgmental one. It was a little bit too much eyerolling to have to deal with the whole WHAT, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND NONBINARY YOU BIGOT? stuff, but that's just the price of year we live in. I'd like to think Danny is too old and too worldy to deal with that whole genderqueer buzzword bingo stuff. He's a street who identifies as a female street. He doesn't fucking care about pronouns.

This is literally the first iteration of Cyborg I've genuinely liked. Even Teen Titans cyborg was only really ever tolerable and nonoffensive.

Bitch you can't get away from it

Bake the cake, bigot.

>He's a street who identifies as a female street.

But thats not what Danny is and not what genderqueer means. Genderqueer means you don't always conform to either male or female gender roles, like oh I don't know a drag queen who can still kick somebodies ass.

So what are Danny's powers? This street can turn normal people into raging homo faggots?

Attached: a vlcsnap-2019-04-06-13h48m02s697.jpg (1920x1090, 196K)

Well guys looks like its morning in America, time for /pol/ retards to start showing up

Attached: 1552852213505.jpg (994x1520, 376K)

sjw degeneracy knows no bounds

Attached: a vlcsnap-2019-04-06-13h48m12s414.jpg (1920x1090, 196K)

>you guys are obsessed with submissive women
and you aren't? user, you're a cuck

Attached: a vlcsnap-2019-04-06-13h50m06s257.jpg (1920x1090, 169K)

well, he is. homosexuality is a sin, and all homo faggots must be stoned to death

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-02-19h52m12s449.jpg (1920x1090, 168K)

>a hairy pussy
that's gross

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-06-13h58m24s020.jpg (1920x1090, 156K)

Looks more like a bong is awake

>Bureau of Normalcy
did nothing wrong

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-06-13h55m35s514.jpg (1920x1090, 280K)

so you're going to stone Danny by... picking up the paving stones and throwing them back down?

Look at this guy trying so hard. All the effort must make his stubby little cock rock hard

Attached: qj583bx06ep21.png (500x360, 86K)

hahaha faggots triggered ... hahaha

She sucks, and she'll even swallow, but only if your name is Doug.

>WHAT, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND NONBINARY
You realize that was a joke, right? Cyclops is a robot, or part robot.

Do we know the actor?

Nope

I imagine there will be at least a little bit of CG to get the look right. After how well they did Danny I'm really excited to see how they pull off Flex

>Cyclops
I know it's probably a typo, but still

Attached: Baby Dan Dan Stops.jpg (1400x1516, 1.44M)

He got one eye don't he?

One Eye = Mutant freak

I don't remember Vic having LASER EYES

Okay, it's starting to get really disgusting. I mean, There is some levels of degeneracy that normal human being can handle, but this is beyond the edge. It's not just force some retarded surface level messages about degeneracy being good, but also shows it a lot. Being weirdo/outcast =/= full degenerate. Why are they always pushing this narrative?
>the only people who are treated like shit are lgtqwewqem+
They have more rights than anyone on this Earth right now. What the fuck.

Wonder if we'll see Danny again in S2

Are you triggered user

Why would I? I'm just sad that actually good show turned into some degeneracy propaganda which is not telling actual story, but making lame references to modern made up problems.

So, the dude from the Ant Farm is *how* old again? He was around to torment Larry before Niles got him. That was when? Late 1960's? 1970's?

>mfw the writers shoehorn in non-sucky versions of General Immortus and Captain Zahl into the Pentagon storyline, and the Chief's immortality serum becomes a plot point

When has captain zahl sucked? He is literally a nazi submarine commander who killed off the guy who broke his neck by threatening to bomb an irrelevant village, outfits his soldiers with power armors and jetpacks and nearly takes over a country with his floating base.

Do you even know anything about the source material or who wrote it?

I think youre triggered

Attached: 2.jpg (1073x1650, 490K)

>non-Morrison trash from some feminist cunt who never wrote a decent story
Opinion discarded.

This page still gets me years after first reading it.

Glad to see /pol/ showed up to REEEEE at last.

Thats straight out of Morrisons run

also
>implying Grant is not a feminist

Im really loving how much this show triggers you retards

Attached: 1486508407480.jpg (576x768, 81K)

That page is from Morrison's run.

I feel they are building up the brotherhood of dada, with the final episode beign the painting that eat paris

>i'm loving to eat shit and throw it around, people are so mad lol
kek

They do live in a superhero world, people who.dont age or age slowly is pretty common. Its why nobody seems to bat an eyelid at Rita and Larry being around 90 or Jane being 70, or hell the Chief who has to be at least 100

user you sound like the mad one here. Did mommy forget your breakfast tendies?

Silly incel, that doesn't even make sense!
Why are you still posting anyways when you were already blown the fuck out

>degenerate projections
have fun dying of aids or some shit

Oh honey, you don't know Grant Morrison at all. He wrote an entire comic where the premise was a female escape fantasy where the chick has someone murder her boyfriend, go on a massive crime spree, and still gets a happy ending. Seeth more sweetie

Attached: Kill Your Boyfriend-060.jpg (1983x3054, 1.27M)

Oh so this is the part where you just throw out buzzwords and hope they stick. How boring

Who gives a shit about obscure stuff. Man can do whatever he wants as long as he don't shit on iconic heroes and stories.
>degenerate got mad
nice

>iconic stories
name a couple user, just so I--I mean he, knows what to avoid

You sound really triggered right now

And talking about iconic? He made these characters and stories what they are

Morrison's Animal man and DP, avoid it then.
Yeah, and he made these iconic because he was telling actual story, not a degeneracy propaganda.

A mini series with Jane as the lead would seem like a tough sale because of how insufferable she is.

Cyborg has met and teamed up with the Doom Patrol plenty of times. And why would they give Jane a series, she already was major character in Ways run and will surely be a major character in any Doom Patrol books in the future

Comics Jane is very different from show Jane

>Doom Patrol
>iconic
kek

Lol degenerate propaganda

Rebis is gonna blow your sad little mind when Larry turns into them

Attached: c27c532eb6471908a061b85cf9cf2509.jpg (1536x2048, 515K)

user everything in the show is straight from the comics, and is honestly toned down from Morrisons beliefs and things he writes about

Seriously if you are outraged by this then the Invisibles or the Filth would put you in the psych ward

H.I.V positive man

>Morisson did a great Doom Patrol run.
>but fuck morrison
Can't have it both ways sweaty ;)

Why the fuck not?

I don't give a damn about Larry turning into man/woman/queer/trans or some shit. I just don't want to see plot focus on madeup problems of modern degenerates instead of actual story about outcasts. And I want to see some visually interesting stuff, not some forced drama about faggots or """"opressed"""" queers.

>I speak for the author
>not only that, but I alone can tell you what is iconic
>not only that, but only I can deem stories propaganda
user, nobody ITT is falling for it, so please fuck off

>quoting marx

Sounding real fucking triggered right now

Again, 100 percent of this is straight from the comics that youve never read

These Morrison runs considered iconic worldwide for everyone who are remotely familiar with comics, what are you talking about?
I'm just explaining why this episode is shit, don't be a faggot.

He should though. Eye lasers are boss as fuck.

Not that guy, but I didn't care for the drag queen stuff either. Danny was fine, Larry was great, and Jane's new personality was actually pretty good. The drag queen stuff stayed too long and was a bit too on the nose. Would have much preferred if they spent more of the episode dealing with the bureau of normalcy.

They are iconic BECAUSE they were some of the first comics to talk about queer and trans and LGBT issues you mouth drooling retard. Seriously go back to your containment board

The Bureau will absolutely show up again

>Full body acting from Brendan next episode
>Clue pointing to Flex

Next Friday can't come soon enough

Why are you people taking the /pol/ bait?
Anyway, great episode. I am kinda sad that they didn't go for the sitcom joke (it was kinda hijacked by the Jane subplot I guess), but I am excited for The Underground next week and Flex sometime soon.

Not that user, but LGB and trans stuff is not why those are iconic. That stuff was just part of the abnormality. The whole run is an exploration into the weird and, just like in the show, was used to show how weird things can get. It's not a celebration, just an acknowledgment that this behavior isn't natural.

Hopefully flex is will be there too.

So, what you're saying is Morrison's run considered iconic duo virtue signaling, not because it was spectacular story about interesting characters? Interesting. I guess you just hate Morrison and DP itself.

>100 percent of this is straight from the comics
and that's a bad thing.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-06-13h56m28s095.jpg (1920x1090, 233K)

>Not that user, but LGB and trans stuff is not why those are iconic.
Not that user but it kinda is or more likely both.

If by virtue signaling you mean "themes purposefully written about and explored in the work" then sure. You failed high school English didnt you?

I don't believe for a second you aren't that user

are you dumb dumbs going to stop replying to the pea brained poltards any time soon?

You just lowered Morrion's work to "it's praised because of fags" tier.
Also esl for me, so fuck off. I know more languages than you.

Those LGBTQ themes didn't just appear out of nowhere user, Danny the street and Rebis don't exist in a vacuum.

>the pea brained poltards

Attached: 1538053014742.jpg (700x695, 107K)

>the drag queen stuff stayed to long
>in an episode about a street who is also a drag queen

What argument does the tranny haters have here?

This would only be accurate if the /pol/ack had an argument and wasn't just repeating /pol/ talking points.

so is the fact that larry had children ever going to come up

Department of Normalcy probably killed them along with the wife

The bureau and the ant farm should have received more focus within Danny's plotline. He was being actively hunted by this agency and his life was in peril because of it. This should have sparked a more concerted effort to find out more about the agency and a potential way to stop them. Instead a significant portion of time was wasted on the drag queens.

So, when is the Dada Patrol episode coming out?

Attached: Brotherhood_of_Dada_Prime_Earth_0002.JPG.jpg (685x541, 99K)

larry made me like kelly clarkson, bommer actually has a great voice.

>Genderqueer means you don't always conform to either male or female gender roles
lmao with broad enough scope that applies to everybody

That's the point, the whole idea is to get rid of the differences between men and women. Bisexuality goes against this belief and is why bierasure is such a big thing now. Thankfully actual science debunks this

They haven't played up the Dada angle at all so far and I think the current super-evil characterisation of Mr Nobody sort of precludes it. Maybe if we ever get a season 2.

>Haven't played up the Dada angle at all.
>Forgot what happened in ep 6.
youtube.com/watch?v=1jVECp5Dzp4

Attached: 1553312610503.jpg (1983x3050, 2.66M)

how the fuck DC have better Shows than movie?

Attached: DWq6KoCVwAA1yO_.jpg (414x612, 28K)

but I'm happy they're not slavishly following the comics

and Cliff having Jane has a daughterfu is major improvement

Right? What a fun scene.

I love this show, I've praised this show, and I've found a lot to love about it, but this episode was weaker than a Season 3 Arrow episode. Very hamhanded and dragging for the main plot, the Jane subplot was both predictable and way too overstuffed for a very simple premise without any kind of decent payoff, Larry and Cyborg had absolutely no chemistry and they sidelined Cliff to prevent him from acting with the other two, and most of the humor just fell completely flat which is by far the most egregious sin. I can take a lot of far out concepts and on the nose writing if the humor delivers and simply put this one did not. It was painfully cartoonish without being as fun as a cartoon should be.

Still hyped for the next episode but I'm pretty confident this is going to end up being the one I think is just a stinker in an otherwise very well done show.

>you will never have a karen gf
damn

is that one of those actor self-indulgence scenes?

Yes, dude is IRL gay. This whole gay subplot has been very masturbatory

fuck yes
this dude gets it

Liking something does not make it immune to criticism. How they decide to and what adjectives they use are up to them. Also it's "sweety" not "sweaty". If you're going to be patronizing at least do it correctly.

I completely disagree. Part of the appeal of Doom Patrol as a show is seeing how it adapts certain elements from the comics, and Danny was one of the things I wanted the most. And it was fucking great, about as perfect an adaptation you could get on TV. And I definitely disagree with you on the humor falling flat.
This is honestly one of the show's high points, and you're perfectly entitled to your opinion but I disagree with it vehemently.

Yeah, when there were massive gaps yesterday of nobody posting and nothing really being discussed except 'oh boy, the guys screaming SJW are gonna hate it!' I had a bad feeling.

I watched it today and was very let down, there's just nothing really good to be found about this one. Danny was interesting and the musical number was fun but pretty hollow. The villain being so cliche and whiney meant the whole threat was uninteresting, Larry's subplot sucked, Janes subplot really sucked, Cyborg did nothing and Cliff sat on a porch for like 90 percent of the episode.

We talked about all the sole fun part last week when they leaked the Cyborg/Cliff conversation about the rat, there's really nothing to praise about this episode unless you think "People complaining about SJW and not knowing Morrison" is a plus.

Who cares! Maybe Flex and Underground next week, hype train resume assuming people didn't drop it because of one badly done episode!

>Part of the appeal of Doom Patrol as a show is seeing how it adapts certain elements from the comics, and Danny was one of the things I wanted the most.

I guess that's the biggest difference, once I got past the whole 'living street that can teleport' thing there wasn't anything really out there with Danny for me. I admit entirely to not having read the comics its based on, so maybe he is perfect in his adaptation so that's an unseen plus, but for me Danny as a whole wasn't that interesting once the concept was explained. I guess I wanted to see how this whole concept would tie into the finale and how it would be used, but he ended up just being a plot device with no character of his own outside of stock 'you'll see later' phrases.

>And I definitely disagree with you on the humor falling flat.

Fair enough, I laugh at stuff others don't find funny all the time too, it's humor and subjective after all.

>and you're perfectly entitled to your opinion but I disagree with it vehemently.

We can agree on that for each other, and share a hope next week delivers as well.

>Cyborg did nothing

He really didn't, thinking on it. He was mostly just there to soak up exposition and even he admits his pep talk with Larry was a repeat of the exact same stuff we've already had and this whole reset character regression had no payoff besides
>And NOW I'm not going to run away! Again!
Rita also did absolutely nothing which is even a bigger bummer considering that she was the most proactive besides Cliff last episode.

I think if Larry HAD gotten up to sing we could say that at least something happened, but this just felt like they needed to set up the next episode and didn't have anything for the rest of the characters to do so we had this Danny sideplot to fill time. Even Larry going after the Department of Normalcy was already set up

Cliff did get to dance with a little kid in a robot costume.

That was cool.

They never took the time to explain what the department of Normalcy was, though. This episode served as a good introduction to them as well as further character development for Larry.

Watching it now

WHY WON'T YOU LET LARRY BE HAPPY YOU KONSTERS

I just saw Therapy Patrol after being too busy all week.
Why is this show so good yet won't get anywhere near the recognition it deserves bros?

Time for Danny now.

>Why is this show so good yet won't get anywhere near the recognition it deserves bros?
Because it's on a streaming service exclusive to the US and not even available on consoles

There was no development for Larry though, that was the point of the musical fake out. He's still the self-loathing cynic he was at the start.

it would have more if it was on netflix but i wouldn't want that, i have an inkling it would somehow taint it

He clearly got over that somewhat by the time the episode ended, since he was singing when Danny jumped again.

He sings for real at the end though

Jane in all of her forms is my ideal wifu. Idk how to explain it bros....

It's more the pity because the larry that cooks while listening to heavy metal from titans would contrast with the jane in this episode really nice.

At least starting this week it's on tv in Canada.

>captcha was the store one
>one of the stores was Marrot's Danny

Great tits but the punk look is a bit shit

punk was never about looking good

Anybody who takes the issue of what punk is about seriously is a silly willy

you're right the danny setting was the only entertaining thing about this episode, but it was enough for me to like the episode as a whole

As someone who holds Grant Morrison on a higher esteem than I do most of my relatives and as someone who happens to count his Doom Patrol as his favourite cape comic, most of the criticisms exposed by that guy are far off to the point I won't even debate about the ones I disagree with.

idk my dad was a massive punk, i dont think they ever had an idea apart from "fuck you im rebelling and being angry and shouty"

I feel like Titans is AFTER Doom Patrol, but we will see

>Grant Morrison doesn't celebrate weirdness
my dude..............

I didn't say that user, I specifically talking about the Danny Street arc

>literal pictures of Grant Morrison in drag itt
>he doesn't celebrate drag culture
mate............................

>t. someone who hasn't read the arc

Morrison's handling of Niles Caulder was about as shitty as that time he had Xorn/Magneto herding normies into death camps, and it ruined the Chief forever.

The one where Morrison has his literal dad save Danny from the Bureau of Normalcy? The one where Danny is one of the three characters to have some sort of happy ending?
Yeah sure I haven't read it

I am guessing they dies or he accidentally killed them with radioactivity or something. Larry doesn't seem to be looking for them or being concerned about them like Cliff was with his daughter when he found out she was alive.

Morrison was the best thing to happen to Magneto in decades, dude is a fucking terrorist

Then you know that it wasn't celebrating anything. It's just a writer putting his fetishes in the book, the show on the other hand was a celebration.

Can't believe it's almost over. They have to announce season 2 at SDCC, right?

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-153843_Chrome.jpg (1079x1520, 617K)

>The one where Morrison has his literal dad save Danny from the Bureau of Normalcy?
There wasn't anyone called the Bureau of Normalcy in Down Paradise Way.

And Danny Patrol is done.
One word: Fabulous.

how do i get people to watch this show if they don't give a fuck about brendan fraser, timothy dalton, alan tudyk, or matt bomer and also don't understand the absolute fucking kino performances they all provide?

Men of N.O.W.H.E.R.E. sorry

You don't. They won't appreciate it anyway

i feel like they just need to see the fraserkino that is the first episode and they'll be hooked
dude can fucking act and people forget that shit
i can't believe how much i actually missed seeing and hearing him on screen

Attached: brendan fraser cowboy.jpg (428x594, 115K)

Talk about the show itself?

how do i talk about the show without spoiling major shit?
just tell them that it's heavy but in a good way?

Attached: 1537465807741.png (347x319, 219K)

"It's like X-men but weirder."

How much of this is Morrison influenced and was he involved in any way?

a fair bit is took from his run on the comics but i dont think hes involved in the show, maybe by emails if anything

Tell them it's like Umbrella Academy but good.

I hope he gets tons of new work from this.

check the comic which Danny gives Vic. It's the first appearance of the Doom Patrol, but more importantly there's a bodybuilding ad in the back of it that inspired Flex's design/character.

My theory is that Danny's too pussy to help them with Mr. Nobody now but he's guiding them to find Flex at the Ant Farm because he will help them.

Second season or it will be a different Brotherhood, I'm sure the cockroach is going to be part of them

It's going to be on netflix to everyone outside of USA

Yeah god knows Nobody's brotherhood constantly changes members, which is a shame because a lot of the early ones are good enough that I wanted to see more.

I want to believe in Flex, but the ad on the back of that comic was for a Wrist Communicator watch and some sort of Tank. I didn't see any sign of our Hero of the Beach

Attached: DannyComic.png (359x384, 152K)

read the thread, the muscle man is literally on the exact page before that

Frenzy was honestly way more likable than expected shame we may not see him.

Attached: Doom Patrol (1987-1995) v02 - The Painting That Ate Paris-080.jpg (1983x3050, 1.9M)

At least you get to meet NUMBER NONE! regularly

he doesn't celebrate drag culture so much that he didn't directly reference an actual drag artist when creating danny

Danny the Street is literally a pun on Danny La Rue (the street in french), a british drag artist.

Attached: Danny-La-Rue-drag-female-impersonator-documentary-Barbara-Windsor-Celebrates-752287.jpg (590x350, 41K)

Less interference from idiot executives and/or directors who want to make their "vision" a reality?

oh man sorry, now I get that you were agreeing with me. I'm very bored, I think I'll go for a walk, thx

That would be amazing but surprisingly expensive I'm sure. I just hope they find someone who looks like a muscle man from that era and who can act.

Considering everything we've seen so far they seem to have a pretty substantial budget, I really don't think some CGI and some simple green screen effects would really break the bank

What if they do save the Chief but it's his non-union Mexican equivalent from Titans

>Danny La Rue
>Danny The Street
Sides spun out, thru the guard rail, and down the embankment into a culvert full of dead Process Servers

is that grant in the pic?

Yessir, got more Schwag since too

Attached: 20190406_184124.jpg (4128x2322, 1.84M)

Yes

Fucking better

Attached: D3ftBRpW4AA0Hof.jpg (1075x2047, 164K)

Yeah probably

I liked dannys introduction more in the comics since it was a bigger clusterfuck of absurdity instead of the single point of weirdness with the milquetoast evil government agents and drag queen sob stories making up the majority of the plot

Like you had a surreal 50's sitcom dad obsessed with normalcy send men with wrecking balls for eyes and invisible guns and speech patterns that perfectly rhyme on the mission, and here it was just the average grr be normal upright men in suits

Post >yfw he regained his smile

twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1112413685375479809

Fucking right, brother.

Attached: happy brendan.jpg (1067x1200, 106K)

strawpoll.me/17757359

5 > 1 > 8 > 6 > 2 > 7 > 4 > 3
Bit difficult to rank them because it's been pretty consistent, the show is fucking wonderful.

This, is been a while since I been watching a show so consistent

I'd choose the recolor, mainly because I've read the original version but not the new one.

>Robo-boy doesn't understand non-binary.

Fuck, that caught me off-guard.

Attached: 1500658634556.jpg (695x500, 54K)

I'm gonna do it tomorrow as a mini-break after Milk Wars.

I just realized Dalton and Fraeser were on that looney tunes movie together.

Attached: De8BFNAW4AEMOKh.jpg (853x480, 48K)

He has been cast, the producers have said he is coming, muscle beach was mentioned by Rita, he is definitely coming, the question is when.

Anyone got a clue on how the Patrol is going to beat Mr Nobody?

The power of Friendship™

Probably an asspull, but that would only be fair since everything he does is an asspull in itself.

How does a story survive its own narrator?

When it gets passed on to someone else.

Autistically screech himself into oblivion when things don't go his way?

They didn't rhyme, they spoke in acrostics of 'nowhere'

Gentrification is an inherently good thing you fag. As are gun stores.

All that means is that canonically Hammerhead has a hairy pussy. Odds are Karen has neatly trimmed or clean waxed as those are occasionally cheap jokes in romcoms.

>"You still think you control this story, don't you?"
What if they go full Morrison's Animal Man and have the team meet the creators of the show

I can see it, but I'm still hoping for an Animal Man show and wouldn't want his best moment already done by another show.

>This was a couple miles from my house
>I can literally see the speedway from my front door
>I missed witnessing this
It's not fUCKING FAIR

Didn't x-men start off as a knockoff of doom patrol?

I loved all the ways that they showed danny communicating.

Like most Morrison's Doom patrol stories, with someone outright giving the answer to solve the puzzle

Did Frenzy coin the phrase "Dindu Nuffin" ?

So is this series actually not shit? I was a little put off by how shit the other live action DC shows are and Cyborg randomly being on the team instead of somebody more sensical like Beast Boy but everything I have heard about it actually sounds good.

Yeah but most people won't know that.

Yes. But more like Magical Shopping Arcade: Abenobashi.

They could use the muscle suit from those live action He-Man commercials.

Yeah, it's good.

I have never given a single solitary shit about Cyborg before this, but it seems like the writers looked at some of the characterizations of Robotman as the experienced veteran superhero with severe bipolar disorder and split the roles up. Cyborg is now the "straight man" for the superhero stuff, and Robotman is more of a dysfunctional man-child.

This is all much better than I'm making it sound.

>Robotman is more of a dysfunctional man-child.
So they made my favorite character a dysfunctional retard and gave Cyborg his positive elements? Can't say I like the sound of that. How is Negative Man handled?

>Anyone got a clue on how the Patrol is going to beat Mr Nobody?
You could run through all the different limitations the show's demonstrated for him so far. Niles pointed out already that Mr. Nobody definitely isn't omniscient. He also said Mr. Nobody is wrong about his belief he "controls the story." And the negative spirit was able to stop his donkey dimension thing. And he needed to team up with Niles to keep the Decreator from destroying everything, with a plan that required time traveling to the past and creating an opposing god to cancel it out. That last one shows both that there are forces in the world which can make things happen against Mr. Nobody's will and that Mr. Nobody wasn't able to directly destroy this entity through his own power.
Also in the last episode towards the end Danny the Street at first said he didn't want to help Cyborg find Niles because he was afraid of Mr. Nobody but then caved in and left Cyborg with a comic book before disappearing. So presumably what Danny gave Cyborg is something that can help save Niles from Mr. Nobody.

Also this:
It sounds like Flex Mentallo is going to beat Mr. Nobody. He's able to do ridiculous nonsensical reality warping shit like flexing the Pentagon into a circle shape, so the show could definitely have him beat another reality warper like Mr. Nobody.

Cliff is more of an emotional center in this adaptation than a driver for superhero plots. Playing up his dysfunctional traits and the horror of being trapped in an unfeeling robot body was one of Morrison's innovations, and that always didn't quite work with the experienced super-basher with extra dismemberment potential that had dominated his portrayal up until then. One of the better parts of the Arcudi run was the Robotman arc, which directly addressed this dichotomy.

As for Larry, it's another instance of "it's better than it sounds." The Negative Spirit is utterly alien and malicious. Larry has no control over it at all. His back story has strong LGBT themes, and uses his inability to accept himself before encountering the Negative Spirit as a jumping-off point for his refusal to accept his situation now. It works really well, but if you're either easily triggered by your "culture war" eww-gay brainwashing or expecting something cool, competent and utterly inhuman like Rebis, you're going to be disappointed.

One of the strengths of the series is that it steadfastly refuses to make the core Doom Patrol superheroic. These are broken, fucked-up, and dangerous people.

I like that they're paving the way for GRID and Dr. Harrison in the future.

That sounds much better actually. I interpreted it in a more negative way honestly.
I am not so sure about Cyborg being the straight man since I always picture him as the cartoon version but it could work.
>His back story has strong LGBT themes, and uses his inability to accept himself before encountering the Negative Spirit as a jumping-off point for his refusal to accept his situation now.
I like this idea but I would have rather they had gone with a trans theme instead and used something closer to the Rebis two souls in one body model if only because that never got the attention it deserved during Morison's run and that would be an easy angle to take it in. Not sure how I feel about his lack of control but I am not bothered by the other stuff.
>One of the strengths of the series is that it steadfastly refuses to make the core Doom Patrol superheroic. These are broken, fucked-up, and dangerous people.
Do you mean that in a mostly well meaning but too fucked up and broken to be proper heroes way like in a lot of the comics or are they destructive edgy retards like the characters in Batman V Superman?

>Do you mean that in a mostly well meaning but too fucked up and broken to be proper heroes way like
Not him but mostly this.

Fuck off Darren.
You just use your connections to beat up people who don't conform to your concept of a "normal" relationship. That makes you a shitbag.

>>Full body acting from Brendan next episode
Can I say this will be an improvement over the comics?

>Oh man, the fake comic nerds are gonna fucking lose it during this episode. A whole bunch of people who have never read a Doom Patrol issue in their lives will be screaming about SJWs before the end of the day.
Comic book Danny wasn't "nonbinary," wasn't "genderqueer," and didn't "prefer the pronouns they and them." He was just a gay street that crossdressed. I'm no fake comic fan and I was kind of annoyed at the use of all those retarded meme terms.

That's why Flex is here.
>"Oh for gods sake, if you aren't going to dance to my tune, I'm going to go home!"

Well, he didn't use those exact words

Attached: Naamloos-2.png (350x350, 138K)

Imagine being this assblasted by a gay road.

Also here is a page from the manga that reaction image is based on.

Attached: 1531863427958.jpg (728x1036, 396K)

>destructive edgy retards

Well, there's TV Jane. She's a one-stop shop for edgelord antics in many flavors.

She's a weak point in the first few episodes; the alters the writers picked and the limits of the skills of the actress playing her made me wonder if people who weren't familiar with the character at all would have any idea what's going on. Fortunately the writers and performer seems to have found their groove, and she gets better.

That said, it wonder if the series wouldn't utterly baffle people who have never read any Doom Patrol. The story-telling style doesn't really explain jack shit.

I read the Grant Morrison run of Doom Patrol and I don't like TV Doom Patrol's Jane. The actress isn't very good and the writing for her character is pretty lame and usually involves her artificially introducing drama where there isn't any like with that "toxic masculinity" line. Also I think it was a bad choice to have her physically change so much every time different personalities take over. In the comic you could see in the Underground how the personalities looked in her mind so you got stuff like Babydoll being blonde and underage, but on the TV show Jane literally has her hair turn blonde when she turns into a blonde hair having personality, and also we were shown that particular personality (Karen) looks the same both in the real world and in Jane's Underground mindscape, so that's a little disappointing. I guess they wouldn't want a bunch of different actresses for the Underground because they want to play up how the one Jane actress is doing great acting by playing so many different parts like James McAvoy in Split.

Jane's appearance would change in the comics. Early on in the Scissormen arc, Grant used a jump-scare with Black Annis to show this off.

The actress on the TV show has Jane, kinda-Jane, an entertaining Hammerhead, a suitably cloying Baby Doll, a pretty crappy Penny Farthing, and a creepy Dr. Harrison where they used a CGI glowing eyes effect to pull her off. The performances are a mixed bag, IMO.

That's because the powers Black Annis has involve that appearance e.g. teeth and claws. What I'm talking about is the difference between this panel here inside her head vs. how the personalities showed up externally. It doesn't seem like there's going to be any difference in external vs. internal appearance when the TV show does it.

Attached: 00.jpg (512x459, 74K)

I'm looking forward to seeing the Underground, but my expectations are tempered by the actress playing Jane. Doing it like the comics, with more distinct appearances and assloads of CGI, might work OK. It looked that way in the preview.

If only they could have Mel Blanc's ghost possess the body of a cute goth girl, then you'd have the perfect Crazy Jane.

>CGI glowing eyes effect to pull her off
I thought it was just contacts desu.
Karen was the one they used CGI on her eyes.

Apparently Yea Forums already hates it because it's too gay and tumblr.

His sin was being too cute. I guess my tastes in men are the same as Karen's.

GREAT! I DON'T CARE!

>Yea Forumsmblr defends degeneracy and faggotry
as usual

Attached: 1553093703671.png (738x669, 186K)

Fuck, they were zapping the gay away.

Fuck off Darren. Stop using "Muh Normalcy" as an excuse to be a Nazi.

Was fun but the conclusion reminded me way too much "to Wong Foo..." and that film was a pile of shit.

Also the implication that Jane has basically been raping an innocent guy repeatedly and almost murdered him is probably never going to be brought up or any shit given about it.

We're probably not going to see Rita use growth powers. Especially if each series is a new Doom Patrol.

I mean, theres a reason Jane has a room at the retirement home for broken metas.

She had a brief moment of Elasti-Girl Classic during "Cult Patrol".

I love TV Rita, though. A literal festering pile of self-loathing...

Yeah, she went stretchy arm for a moment, I think stretch is the most we'll see out of her powers.

Never read any Doom Patrol, absolutely loving the show. There's been plenty of "what the ever loving fuck?" moments, especially the roach, the donkey dimension, and Danny the sentient teleporting genderqueer street.

Thankfully they're just funny enough to get over the "what the fuck" factor. I think if the show wasn't as funny or straight-up acid-trip, it'd collapse under those moments, but it keeps you watching and invested enough to not really care.

Also... yay Brendon's back

Did you not see how they were giving Karen shit about what she was doing it all through the episode? Literially everyone that hadn't been on the receiving end of Karen's love-whammy was calling her 'the worst', 'a crazy bitch', 'a life-wrecker', etc. Even Jane's other personalities hated Karen.

Hey it was only mind rape! No sex! Also pretty much everyone realized it was fucking awful and that she sucked.
A

They fucking got me with that one. Hooo, that hurt.

Brendan! Lolz!

I fucking LOVE this cyborg. His voice, his line delivery, his mannerisms, good height too. He finally feels like an actual teenager who got powers, and not in a winky I LIKE RETWEETS stupid way, he's believable. Plus the corny suit is kino af, he fits right in

I want cliff to punch her dead in the face

Cliff was based, redpilled, and RIGHT in the episode before

I think the biggest problem with Jane is that the writers want her backstory to be a reveal. In the comics we knew she was molested by her father in her first appearance so in this adaptation they just have it be a secret. This causes it to be a mystery and well mysteries that cause drama make the character frustrating. Because it involves the writers trying to stretch it out.

Attached: file.jpg (1552x1942, 539K)

>the karaoke
huh?

The scene in the most recent episode where Larry is invited to get on stage and sing.

There was a preview image I saw of giant Rita standing in a forest that got posted here, ill try and find it

what will the title of the finale be?
>Nobody Patrol
>Death Patrol

Doom Patrol

I didnt ike this episode that much, I felt the draginess was to in our faaces, Dany was well done though

Super Suits

Attached: D2SFuy0WoAEKcDJ.jpg (2048x1536, 381K)

Eh, I liked the pure camp of it. When it's in the context of Danny, it's okay. I didn't even mind ebil manly man general.

Probably a filler title, will most likely change once we get close to the finale.

Same. I can't believe they finally got Cyborg right. He's not too sassy, he's not 'hello fellow teens!', he's not magic negro, and he's struggling just as hard as the others, which makes him so much more likeable.

What's the deal with the brain and the big monkey again? Will they be used in thr show. Haven't read DP since season 5 of Teen Titans was airing.

Attached: Tori17.png (330x456, 288K)

>What if they go full Morrison's Animal Man and have the team meet the creators of the show
Would only be good if by creator you mean Grant Morrison.

Who are you trying to fool? You've NEVER read Doom Patrol

Yeah, this was probably the weakest Doom Patrol episode so far. Danny the Street was pretty much the only saving grace.

>he's not magic negro
Has him being black been brought up even once?

Mr. President, tear down this thread

I don't think so

>Who are you trying to fool? You've NEVER read Doom Patrol
Why are people so quick to jump to the "you're lying" response on reading comics? Not him and I personally do remember the part in Grant Morrison's run (inb4 "I wasn't talking about Grant Morrison's run," it's the run we're all thinking about) where Cliff is helplessly waiting as a brain in a jar to get put back in that black robot body Magnus built except the robot body gains sentience and promises to self-destruct if anyone tries to take control of it again only for Brain and Mallah from the Brotherhood of Evil to show up as a gay couple looking to put Brain inside said sentient robot body which they accomplish resulting in the robot body following through on its threat and blowing up killing them both while Cliff is still stuck waiting there as a brain in a jar. And I can honestly say I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone else didn't remember it. It was a neat little story, not some major arc essential to the run. You could get rid of it altogether and everything would mostly stay the same except that you'd maybe need to come up with a new excuse for why Cliff didn't go back to using the Magnus robot body.

Why would I lie about that and not just ask the question?

>black CD beats up old white bigot to defend genderqueer street and other colorful freaks
No wonder you guys are creaming yourselves over this.

It was a fun episode though. Larry is always a treat. Gives off a Rob Lowe vibe. And drag queens makes everything better.

Her lips are so fucking weird.

If one exists, it's probably an edit. There are a bunch of fetish sites that would go crazy over a preview showing her big.

The actress just isn't good enough. She was hired because she does a good bitch character but the other personalities are pantomime level acting.

"Granny panties, Rita? Really?"