Why did they make Toothless into some dumbass animal in this

Why did they make Toothless into some dumbass animal in this

He has zero personality compared to the other films and Hiccup treats him like a dog

Attached: 91JIH6JO8kL.jpg (2560x2312, 643K)

cuz httd is a one trick wonder

It worked in two movies and an entire series you dipshit

Because he's still an animal slaved to hormonal urges. He's not even completely immune to Alpha Coercion

Because he’s in l~o~v~e

Dude, I just mean in general. The relationship between Hiccup and Toothless has always been one between friends, not a guy and his pet.

Take the "courtship" scene, for example. In either of the first two, Toothless would have flashed him "are you fucking kidding me" eyes after Hiccup keeps giving him terrible advice. Nothing like that happens here. Toothless acts like a dog throughout the movie and it misses what made the entire core of the franchise special to begin with

Look, when you have to hastily honor an obligation you made to end the third one with the seeming extinction of all dragons without really doing anything to set it up in any of the first two you have to kind of rush things along.

He did though. You saw him become frustrated with the failed mating dance and do the drawing thing.

He's a giant scaly panther the size of a beluga. His behavior can't be completely anthropomorphicized

Cause this movie was squirted out just to make the black dragon fuck the white dragon for the little kiddies to see.
Plot never mattered.

why do they keep making toothless more and more special?

>movie 1: he's a super rare dragon because he's black and only flies at night
>movie 2: oh, and he's also the alpha, he rules over all dragons
>movie 3: oh and he's also got lightning powers

wasnt the alpha thing because he killed the previous alpha in the first movie

They should just... "remake" the first movie by adding an extra 60 minutes of The Night Fury and Hiccup adventuring before the Green Death final boss battle.

Also am I the only one who hates the Viking names and hated that they gave The Night Fury a "cutesy" name just like the vikings? I just cannot take demeaning nicknames seriously, it's insulting. It's cute at first, but hearing it 24/7 and in a positive manner really gets on your nerves. Like your mother baby talking you.

Well, defeated him in battle by transforming into a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan

In the books he was the smallest and most common type of dragon, and also a baby (which is why he had no teeth). Interesting how much they changed for the movie.

Doesn’t it turn out he’s actually a rare and powerful dragon that just happens to be easily mistaken for the most common kind in infancy

When you grow up you start seeing pets as what they are, pets.

Probably. My memory is complete shit.

Uhhh either he's a green death baby or that was specifically the rumour spread to make him all tough and badass, but everyone caught on it was a lie perpetuated by Fishlegs(in the books he's a fat girl) and they made fun of Hiccup even more. In the books Hiccup and Fishlegs are friends and there is no Astrid. The other 3 are genuine bullies towards Hiccup, not just light teasing.

The books are hot garbage, don't bother with them. The most generic, depressing, by the numbers, abysmally awful "children's books" you could read. It makes Harry Potter look amazing by comparison.

Reading the HTTYD books is like reading Great Expectations, absolutely garbage from start to finish.

>harry potter amazing by comparison
as far as literal children's series' go, the actual HP books are pretty solid. Ignoring the dumpster fire that is the movies and "expanded universe" bullshit, the books hold up pretty well as a middle school/early high school series.

Ah, I googled it; he’s secretly a Seadragonus Giganticus Maximus, and as it happens, all three Hiccups Horrendouses Haddocks had one as their companion.

Attached: 30D1AEF3-1C74-4AEF-8C52-34CEED6322D0.jpg (720x472, 99K)