When did you realise that Mufasa is an asshole?

When did you realise that Mufasa is an asshole?

Attached: Mufasa_Lion_King_ (1).jpg (1237x996, 117K)

Never, because he's not?

fuck off OP. Mufasa knew how to keep the plains in balance and keep the circle going and healthy. His brother was a selfish piece of shit that used other animals to his advantage. Scar could have easily gotten status as a consigliere but was a bitter old shitbag.

Simba knew that his father nedded to die in order to make him king, right?

He did not.
That kind of thing wouldn’t occur to a child.

He overhunted, right? And that caused the plains to go wonky? Or was it the environment?

Not exterminating hyenas is what caused the plains to go wonky. As soon as Mufasa was gone they literally started goosestepping.

they overhunted, the other animals moved on because of drought and scar wouldn't allow the pride to move and follow them. he was a scumbag.

True, Hyenas are scarier than lions.
Not to mention the other things they do.

Can you also remind me that spin-off with scars kid? What's the name of it?

Never?
Because even as a kid I knew one has to have a firm hand to do what must be done to ensure the happiness of his kingdom.

Actually, I was just thinking the other day how Mufasa is actually as pretty good father, as far as cartoon dads are concerned. He offers guidance and lessons to his son, including hands-on practice of skills, but he's also not a micro-manager who has to have Simba watched all the time, allowing him to discover thing for himself. He protects his cub when he's in real danger, and though he's honest with him about his disappointment, isn't overly punitive, and mainly focuses on trying to instill the right values so Simba will know what to do different next time.

mmm, something pride? cant remember. never watched it.

Yeah, a good amount of the first act is all about making sure you’re gonna feel bad that he dies.

Sort of true. Basically, lions and hyenas are supposed to eat each other's babies rather than help each other hunt. It keeps the populations down. With two predator species going all-out hunting on the same plains, the prey animals had no choice but to flee, and the circle of life was severely fucked.

It still works. Even in my 20's, it's still an emotionally powerful scene. The best Disney movies are like that, offering something that all ages can appreciate.

Wow, that actually makes sense!
The other animals respect the lions because they are the lesser evil and willing to negotiate unlike the hyenas, brilliant!
The other animals are winning in the long run here.

Irl if the Hyenas all died the Lions would literally destroy Africa by overhunting unless humans step in

When I realized

>TLK was the most anti immigration movie ever made
>If it was in a modernized world like Zootopia, Mufasa would have his own anti leftist/anti SJW youtube channel

We see this when Mufasa is called away to drive the hyenas off of their pridelands. On the other hand, the hyenas boast about what they do to future kings who wander into their territory, referencing real-life killing and eating of young between the two species. It could be argued that these are both part of the Circle of Life as it's supposed to be: an antagonistic relationship between the predator species that keeps everything in check. Scar fucked it all up by allying with their natural enemies in order to support his own selfish ambitions.

Nah, he's a king, maybe a "redpilled" king but he probably wouldn't care enough to go out and start his own youtube channel.
Honestly? He would probably act like the king of Brunei or Saudi Arabia, seeing as they have multiple wives and a strongman personality, also he isn't democratically elected.

Or maybe you're just looking into this movie to hard user, it's clearly supposed to be Macbeth.

What if the hyenas died out though?
Who would fill their niche? Because every animal needs a niche.

That would probably be bad too. Vultures scavenge like hyenas, but hyenas hunt as well, so it wouldn't be a perfect replacement in the ecosystem.

Scar made the plains that way with his magical "The Roar" powers and inherent Geomancy skills.

Guys please.

Attached: shmmp.jpg (722x713, 82K)

his magical "The Roar" powers and inherent Geomancy skills.
God, Lion Guard is stupid.

To be fair he used his earth powers in the first movie too. Go watch "Be Prepared" one more time.

But he lost those powers shortly before the movie begins in his first attempt to stage a coup.

I interpreted that as geological activity from the hotspring vents. I'm pretty sure "Scar magically manipulated the earth to rise into a spire" is a misinterpretation of the sequence. The earth was only cracking and shifting in that one geologically active area. If he actually had powers, why didn't he use it in the final Simba fight?

Too angry/smug to concentrate

What is this meme that keeps perpetuating where everyone tries to make the older Disney heroes out to be villains and vice versa?

Next you're going to tell me that Queen Grimhilde did nothing wrong and Snow White was at fault for toxic femininity or some shit.

>at fault for toxic femininity

I mean, isn't like all of the Disney "princesses" at fault for that?

Attached: SassySalem.jpg (500x375, 40K)

user please

It’s because people today really like those stupid “What if” “”Theories”” that tries to lazily subvert the story that you and even toddlers know is correct.
It also has to do with the appeal of a disney villain. Back then they were just “bad guys” with sometimes justified motivations but people began asking “What if there were more to that story” and now people can’t accept a disney villain that is just bad because they are bad.

He wasn't, though? Honestly, the worst you could say about Mufasa is his naivety regarding Scar's obvious treachery.
Yeah, Simba was a bratty kid, but Mufasa definitely would have reined that shit in if he hadn't died.

Yeah we can all see how Europe is fucked up because the French and Germans stopped killing each other

They should go back to wars because that's the "Circle of life"

when he, Darth Vader, and James Earl Jones interrupted Bleeding Gums Murphy while he was talking to Lisa in the Simpsons.