Dumbing of Age

Do you think God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he's created?

Attached: 2019-04-05-recant.png (1000x333, 321K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a6h8IvTzuaw
desuarchive.org/co/thread/106758016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I forgot Ethan was Jewish

Is Jacob an athiest?

He goes to a Christian church but I don't think he's following any specific strict denomination and his girlfriend is Muslim.

>his girlfriend is Muslim
He's dating Nash?

Raidah is Muslim but doesn't wear a hijab. It's actually a smart move on Willis' part to have a Muslim girl who does and one who doesn't. I doubt he'll ever have the two meet and talk about it or explain it but that's for the best.

I guess there's Asma too. Three Muslim girls. No Muslim boys that I'm aware of.

>No Muslim boys that I'm aware of.
what about that guy with the tattoos?

Sayid? The name would be Muslim but we don't know anything concrete about him. He's so background he doesn't even have a Walkypedia page. He works at a pizza place that probably serves bacon/ham or pork-based pepperoni so if he's Muslim at all it's probably very relaxed.

Thats 5 options, Willis.

And he's still talking, but you aren't listening.

make it an easy 8

So, this conversation will take, what, three more weeks?

3 and a half, but that's being generous

Honestly I'd peg Raidah as Nation of Islam rather than mainline Muslim.

Or there is the explanation given by mainline denominations since pretty much forever, in that God is always listening but not necessarily talking. Or that one has to be careful to distinguish between the presence of God and religious fervor.

>Nation of Islam rather than mainline Muslim
What's the difference?

They're basically the Mormons of Islam.

Willis really does suffer for our sins.

Attached: 1444274192464-1.png (590x692, 211K)

Shortpacked may have ended, but Willis' terrible arguments still continue.

Attached: 1454178494277.png (208x232, 113K)

I'm fairly certain most of the criticisms about how he depicts Christianity stem from his actual fans who have zero experience dealing with fundie churches and assume he's taking the piss, and actual fundies who take umbrage at being criticized by a guy whose family was extreme even by fundamentalist standards and, per Willis' own anecdotes, holier-than-thou.

I want to suffer for Mary's sins.

Attached: 3032520%20-%20Carla_Rutten%20Chillguy%20Dumbing_of_Age%20Mary_Bradford%20webcomic.png (3300x3300, 1.21M)

>Three Muslim girls
I thought Raidah and Asma were the only ones? Who’s the third?

They aren't actually muslims and are basically crazy black supremacists like what said but even worse

I just love how he constantly portrays himself as put upon by such unruly hecklers. He's just trying to criticize everyone in peace.

Attached: 1446426261450-3.png (543x949, 238K)

>ha ha ha ha "penis"
youtu.be/a6h8IvTzuaw

I think he make the issue quite clear: the people who critic him often miss the point and make complain/accusation that are in contradiction to what he actually said.

He is actually quite good. Most of arguments against willis only hold in echo chambers.

stop being wrong about everything, Willis.

Attached: 1554090538-2019-04-01-theimpossible.png (550x818, 375K)

Nice try. Willis

>He is actually quite good
*He was actually quite good

Attached: 1445397764678-1.png (612x1600, 161K)

We had that thread the other day, that strip you posted there is on point.

Many people in that thread actually did think that what Leia did wasn't compatible with the force whereas she was using the most basic Force power, there.

>that strip you posted there is on point
Don't try and start this argument again
It went on for 300 posts and nobody agreed on anything

Attached: 1465730322531.jpg (895x895, 516K)

Reminder that the comic that is commented about i precisely about calling out creep who keep trying to stop Camel toe. And then here come someone who make a point of spotting camel toe.

>Don't try and start this argument again
Well, yes, it was clear at the end Willis was right.
>It went on for 300 posts and nobody agreed on anything
There is no nee for agreeing, there were people who really though Force shoudln't work that way.

>it was clear at the end Willis was right
Incorrect
desuarchive.org/co/thread/106758016/
It was clear that nobody was correct at the end

Except nobody knew what the hell the comic was about. It came out of the blue and everyone in the notes was discussing it trying to figure out and then Willis just wigged on this guy for... some reason.
In short, Willis couldn't stand that even his fans couldn't get his dopey comic that day

Attached: 1445397764677-0.png (516x754, 466K)

I wanna lick's Joyce's cameltoe.

Attached: 2789678%20-%20Chillguy%20Dumbing_of_Age%20Joyce_Brown%20webcomic.jpg (2700x3000, 318K)

I wanna see the camel toe now.

Willis actualy had quite a few "comic where hes making fun of a small thing that annoyed him, ends up surprised when most of the world has no fucking idea of what he's talking about"

The corollary to that is Willis' is unclear/ineffective at making his point and his critics are simply working with what he gives them rather than what he intends. But that's being generous. Take his Starfire strip for example. He either fails to recognize or fails to admit that TT Starfire is a completely different character than comic Starfire, making his entire argument ignorant at best or disingenuous at worst. The strip here, , shows that it's the latter. An actual argument would be that it'd be a prudent financial move for DC to adjust Starfire's characterization since the cartoon was highly popular, but that wasn't the argument he made. is another example of a disingenuous argument, as the criticisms of that scene were based on filmmaking principles.

>implying the all-powerful, all-knowing creator of existence cares what kind of jacket you're wearing
Wouldn't it be blasphemous to hold the belief that God can't see the kind of person you really are, despite what you do and say and wear?

Attached: que.jpg (1280x706, 210K)

maybe he wants girls with a short skirt and a long jacket

Why did he not get rid of his sketch lines? Why did he think posting these with them still there was a good idea?

Why in the fuck would God want that? He's God.

Maybe god's a Cake fan.

Attached: R-6100398-1432339906-6263.jpeg.jpg (483x421, 55K)

And fingernails that shine like justice

And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Because her fingernails shine like justice.

The thing is Willis is full of shit because many are the replies are genuine opinions and written a little more eloquently, but he's doesn't agree so the next day he'll make a comic showing them all as nothing but screaming morons while he's the one just gently putting his opinion down

Attached: 1457622495738-1.png (497x744, 354K)

Is Cerberus still around in the DOA comments?

You dare criticize how Willis draws.

Attached: 144288096915.png (1042x1770, 755K)

I just can't imagine that Joyce's voice sounds anything like that. I imagine she has a high-pitched, almost squeal-like, sing-song voice.

Joyce?
I'm thinking of Lucy.

I imagine Lucy with a very soft, nasally voice. Joyce squeals, Lucy squeaks.

Which character do you think has a "voice that is dark like tinted glass" then?

What do you think her voice is like?

Attached: 1447163940834.png (399x336, 148K)

>strawmans multiple people's views
>when called out on it, strawmans people calling his strawmen what they are
Willis is Man of Straw, I think that's well established.

Attached: 1403012662-2014-06-23-strawmanning.png (550x818, 99K)

a gruffer version of Sandy from the Spongebob Musical.

Attached: ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fplaybill-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fad%2F23%2F2c87bb784ad9b38a0df02e37f153%2Fsp (398x970, 90K)

Apple horse. I can't read it any other way.

Sarah and Carla.

Pretty much, though I imagine both her and Walky kinda sound like retards with Walky actually having a slightly higher voice.

>I imagine everyone kinda sounds like retards
ftfy

I imagine most of the cast sound like hammy actors in a bad sitcom, because that's pretty much how most of Willis' dialogue comes across. I can almost hear the canned laughter between panels.

That's what transformers does to you

God wants a lot of crazy things. It’s one of the first things you should’ve found out about Abrahamic religion.

Tfw no pizza spot with a qt3.14 superhero delivery girl

Dorothy is Monica from Friends, Ethan is George from Seinfeld, Billie is Nina from Just Shoot Me, Mike is Chandler from Friends, Becky is Reba from the eponymous show. I don't really watch much TV so I'm kinda struggling here.

Panel four is the same face Willis draws for orgasms.

Ah’ll’ah’ ack’bah!

his orgasms look worse than that

Attached: Ofaceshortpacked.png (351x327, 132K)

>Just Shoot Me
Man I loved Just Shoot Me and other garbage UPN sitcoms when i was ten.

>Becky is Kramer

KRAMER NO

Hahaha holly shit. What a poor broken soul.

I'll never forget the time I saw him at Comic Con one year at his booth. I still wish I walked up to him and talked to him a bit. Just to see what he was like in person.

Sort of reminds me of when people automatically jump to "sexism" when others say that don't like the nu-ghostbusters movie.

better not order spicy pizza

In his defense (and I can't believe I'm saying this), it seems like keeping the integrity of the image in tact is paramount to him. And also seems like he has a preference and want to keep a specific format. That I can understand.

I wish he did sunday strips again

is this supposed to be ironic or am I missing something?

No, Willis is clearly in the right in that image. He acknowledges the comment, explains why he does what he does, and points out the changes made by converting the image.

>muslim
>name

No such thing and as long as he's not Wahabbi based, he can touch pork as long as he doesn't eat it. People need to learn the differences between race, culture, religion and individual denominations.

It is very ironic, but I can't speak for the intent of the author.

calm down Cerberus

>No
I don't know if you might lack reading comprehension or if you're on automatic contrarian mode, but I'm defending Willis here.

He knows his fucking shit!

>He knows he's fucking shit!

I meant to link to the post containing the image.

No, he really doesn't. He has a preference and it isn't a suboptimal one born out of laziness.

I headcanon that none of them are particularly faithful, Raidah only pays lip service to it for social reasons, and Sayid isn't actually a Muslim at all.

OH UGH, GIFSplaining!

So he just...is mad that he draws pants weird. Usually the zipper ends above the crotch, and doesn't go all the way down.

>year of our Lord 2019
>hasn't converted to .webm master race

Clearly every woman is wearing either latex or those ski pants that have zippers that go all the way back to the asscrack.

Nobody knew, they were trying to figure it out in the comments, which angered The Willis when people don't immediately get what he's doing.

Attached: 1442881616324.png (1135x1375, 713K)

>it's a Willis forgets there's more to Christianity than fundies episode

to be fair most people make that mistake

>Except nobody knew what the hell the comic was about.
Anyone who read the comment did. it was a thing that came up regularly.

He expects people to observe the dull brown and grey shape against the dull brown background in an extremely narrow closeup panel that has a word bubble at either end? Amazing. Purely amazing.

Attached: 1442880969148-0.png (516x1779, 166K)

Obvious like

He is not forgetting, he is simply talking about his own experience. and his story also contain non-fundies Christians.

>comics is outright said to be semi-autobiographic with Joyce being a stand-in
>people complain when Willis used his own experience to justify Joyce's evolution.

Why do they get upset by that ?

The problem is that this kind of paneling trick doesn't really work well in a strip format and there needs to be an additional Becky panel first to complete the symmetry.

>His girlfriend is muslim

>The GIRL is muslim

Oh boy.

Because Willis' life has become a cliche in fiction, because it's barely semi-biographical, because in real life Willis went full shut-in NEET and Joyce is an idealized stand-in, because in real life Willis basically shut down for a year instead of blossoming as a person, and because in real life he's much closer to Ethan and Danny than anyone else.

Because if you reframe DoA from Becky's perspective it turns into liberal Christian fiction and that's something infinitely more interesting than a story about some naive Christian girl becoming jaded.

depends which god you believe in

It's because Willis' personal experience with religion is a specific type of fundie from backwoods Ohio and most of his audience is not from similar backgrounds. The strip format makes it hard to get a full picture of Joyce's upbringing because everything is so stretched out and has to end on a punchline. There's no place for actual exposition. So nine times out of ten we don't know what the fuck he's talking about and he just gets mad that we don't.

Willis is so full of shit, he pulls out the autobiographical excuse to patch over any complaints people might have but has no problem calling other people prejudiced and bigoted if they don't say the approved thing about all groups. he also has no problems speaking for blacks and women like he's an expert even though i have no clue where the autobiographical part was.

Plus was do to people complaining about Becky's behavior and Willis couldn't stand anyone disparaging Saint Becky. It had nothing to do with anything autobiographical

Attached: 1444274192477-2.png (1280x570, 268K)

>Because Willis' life has become a cliche in fiction,
No ? also, it's irrelevant, if it happened to him, he can set it in fiction.
>because in real life Willis went full shut-in NEET
He is a married man with kids who just celebrated hi birthday with all of his friend. you are really pulling things out of your ass.

> it turns into liberal Christian fiction and that's something infinitely more interesting than a story about some naive Christian girl becoming jaded.
He tells the stories of many character, that one will be told too. But writing is also an outlet for yourself. "your personal experience is not something you should write about" is never a good writing advice (though it could be a good lawyer advice).

Attached: 1446569076752-1.png (429x411, 116K)

I'm gonna keep saying it as dyna

remember, only Willis can criticize anyone's writing. He can write anyone however he wants even if they're black women or gay because it's all autobiographical.

Attached: 1446426261450-3.png (575x879, 371K)

Attached: 1446425968502-0.png (427x611, 276K)

Attached: 1444353851166-0.png (472x701, 429K)

But isn't god all powerful? How could he be busy.

I like this one better.

Attached: 1411791935734.jpg (469x696, 150K)

Attached: 1441068142723-4.png (549x818, 283K)

Remember, Willis is 40 now

>And he's still talking, but you aren't listening.
IF I COULD CHANGE YOUR MIND
I WOULDN'T SAVE YOU FROM THE PATH YOU WANDER

AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL