What would be the absolute worst franchise to get a gritty realistic reboot? Something that...

What would be the absolute worst franchise to get a gritty realistic reboot? Something that, stripped of its light-hearted or unrealistic reboots, would become 100% unrecognizable and unusable

Attached: GrittyReboot01.png (353x472, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=caIS7eYfpMA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why zombies?

Scooby-Doo Apocalypse already does this.

>replying to a thread after glancing at the OP image and not even reading the OP
i shiggy diggy

Expected shaggy to be the one with the crossbow desu

>stripped of its light-hearted or unrealistic reboots
I meant to type "roots" I have no idea how I fucked that up

dexter's lab, maybe? Then it's just some edgy genius kid with a sister who makes his already-shitty life even worse sometimes

>Alvin and the Chipmunks
>Care Bears
>Jem and the Holograms

horseshow

spongebob squarepants
tom & jerry
thundercats
couragge the cowardly dog

Something like Archie comics getting a gritty, realistic tv show would be a bad id- wait a minute.

Sonic the Hedgehog, and it looks like that's what's already happening.

That was like they took the pacing of a Discovery show episode and made a comic out of it. Fucking recaps and filler and shit every fucking issue, and right before the commercial break(the wait for the next issue) they teased something happening.

>roadrunner
if that is possible to do

a gstarvin coyote tries to eat a roadrunner, but is too weak and fails. The coyote dies.

Is there any franchise that would benefit from a gritty realistic reboot?

Care Bears

Archie Comics
Oh wait

Id watch a pokemon thats more gritty and realistic. Hell thats what detective pikachu looks like to me.
If you go gritty realistic take on a property that wasnt, the trick is to apply it sparingly. You sprinkle that shit in so you dont completely over shadow the original flavor.
Think how Reboot could still be fun and lighthearted even after Scorpian ripped out Enzos eye, and they all ended up in a post apocolyptic war.

It's always zombies.

People are mentioning "Care bears" and other children's shows. But they're missing the point, those would clearly be parodies, and could even be somewhat fun. Heck you could even do something in the actual style of the comics like with the black smurfs as a zombie expy (I mean they literally are zombie smurfs)

The real shit would be something that already has potential for darkness, but where the true artistic talent comes from avoiding falling into edgy pit traps, and where the writing and art plays off the darker themes to create a more cohesive whole. "Valhalla" getting a dark and gritty reboot would ruin the whole point of the comic if you made it arbitrarily dark, because it already is dark but through the juxtaposition with levity gives everything depth. The fact that Thor almost dies as Tjalfe cries is impactful because we CARE about Thor.

The Mask
inb4 'but the comics', those were dark, but they weren't gritty and sure as hell weren't realistic

Man of Steel was nearly a perfectly handled gritty reboot, they just took it too far for audiences to handle with the tornado scene & the neck snap.

Masters of the Universe.
Pic related art is exactly how the movie should look.

Some of the comics have already done it to a extent like the Skeletor origin issue with Frazer Irving on art.

Attached: 1537265515568.jpg (1308x1728, 350K)

A couple of Franco-Belgian comics reinvented themselves as slightly grittier, more realistic, and edgier later on, and that worked out pretty well. Spirou et Fantasio started vaccilating between comic relief and detective/james bond shit with sex scenes, and this was a comic that started out with animal sidekicks, a main character dressed as a bellhop (Which he kept around even as they got grittier) and was obviously directed at children.

>a gritty and realistic Courage the Cowardly Dog
The adventures of a psychic/hyper-intelligent dog who has to save his gullible owners from apocalyptic doom?
SIGN ME RIGHT THE FUCK UP!

Attached: Rage_Jack.jpg (680x537, 44K)

The Magic Roundabout: youtube.com/watch?v=caIS7eYfpMA

>sex scenes

wat

Nothing about this is realistic. This is gritty awesome, not gritty realistic.

I think the 2000s series had a good balance of grit, sillyness and sheer awesomeness.

I mean sex afterglow aside, one of the one-shots straight up just has spirou banging.

I realised that the way I worded it originally made it seem like the sex scenes ere a regular occurrence, which they really aren't. It's just a nice contrast.