The Tick

Season 2 is out! Anyone else watching?

Attached: tickposter.jpg (960x1440, 299K)

I'm just not interested in live craption. This belongs in a cartoon where it can live up to its potential.

holy shit thanks for telling me! I'll go see if anyone's ripped it. My mom won't let me use her amazon prime account for some reason. I think she doesn't want me seeing the dumb shit she buys.

what do you call this kind of art anyway? it's like almost a photo

Is it still infested and ruined by feminism? Worst part of season 1.

The Tick had a cartoon. And much like every other incarnation of the property, the current show is a good subversion of the current tropes found in capeshit nowadays.

Someone please tell me if Chairface Chippendale is in it when you finish the season.

>holy shit thanks for telling me!
came to say this
>I think she doesn't want me seeing the dumb shit she buys.
it's prolly butt cream and dildos bro

reminder never to reply to shitty bait

What, giving Dot something to do beyond being a wet blanket to Arthur?

you really think they're gonna put chairface in this version? he wouldn't really fit. They're trying to do more of a cape-movie parody thing
though I'm also confused about what characters edlund has the rights to. I mean he's able to use The Terror
I have made it so clear she doesn't have to be embarrassed about that shit. oh moms.

The showrunner has said he's trying to find a place for Chairface and that season 1 wasn't weird enough, but season 2's theme is about a weirder, wider world of supers. Besides, he'd have to be crazy to think he's getting a third season, so now's surely the time.

>Anyone else watching?
I hope not, or I'll have to stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers. Can't very well watch a whole season at once, and wouldn't if I could. wanna savor it.

Is it really in danger? I know it's probably not bringing in Maisel level attention, but it seems to be received pretty well. Or are they culling shows to pay for their LOTR adaptation?

I don't know man, I pretty much devoured the last two drops of this show. It's probably more rewarding to wait, but I've got nothing going on this weekend and really want to see what they've got up their sleeve this season.

It is indeed received pretty well, by all 4 people who actually watched it.

You have to love how TV's answer to all-time-low viewership is to split things up so that viewership drops further

Unfortunately, no. But another character, Thrakkorzog, is hinted at, so I don't doubt they hope to put in more comic characters down the line.

>you really think they're gonna put chairface in this version? he wouldn't really fit.

Given what I just said in the spoiler, if they're doing that character, they can sure as hell try to fit Chairface in.

>though I'm also confused about what characters edlund has the rights to. I mean he's able to use The Terror

Basically anybody who showed up in the comics he did, I think. Which means The Terror, Dot, Tick, Arthur, and that other character I mentioned. Chairface, Pineapple Pokopo can make it in because they first showed up in the Dick Tracy parody issue. Barry can also show up.

This is bad because this doesn't do well enough to get a third season, and it's an abject miracle that we got two of them.

I was surprised that they went with the full season this time around, last time they split the release in half.

But you aren't talking about the comic and/or cartoon, you fucking faggot.

None of that matters.

>teases a crime boss that survived having his head cut off and deals in human furniture
>it's not Chairface
My only disappointment with this season. And the lack of the Terror, that guy was gold.

cute

I'm watching it right now, it's really good

Is it more focused on Tick this time? I just want Chairface goddammit

They do split seasons so people don't abuse trials.

Is this a half season again?

No, full this time, but 10 episodes.

I’m on episode 9.

I love it, but I have one massive complaint
They blue balled the fuck out of me with Chairface Chippendale. That was literally Mandarin tier and I’m fucking mad.

He would definitely fit in season 2 or a 3.

They set him up throughout the season as “The Duke.” His Head was cut off, and his main obsession is turning humans into furniture, and is a top level scientist.

But the twist is that “The Duke” that had his head cut off was a fake, and it’s just a scientist working for the Tick version of SHIELD.

Oh nice, that means I can actually finish it while my Prime sub is still active.

While I agree that aggressive “feminism” has been plaguing capeshit, this isn’t really an example. I’m not huge on Dot having powers, but at the same time she works well in the story. She also represents very subtle opposites to Arthur.

Superion is a perfect blend of hilarious and horrifyingthis season. Him designating Arthur as his therapist was perfect.

Anyone else think that this season perfectly encapsulates why Tick and Arthur are a perfect team?

Arthur is incredible at the really mundane but important things, which alone Tick would fuck up and never get anything done.
Meanwhile Tick is not only insanely strong, but he’s also pure idealism that keeps Arthur from giving up on himself.

I saw the twist at the end of season 2 coming the moment I heard Superian say in Season 1, "to be a good person" and that he was in a "prison". I hope they don't turn him into a full villain or anything like that, though; it seems like he genuinely wanted to be a good person possibly to redeem himself or something.

Shit, I didn't think of that.

But it sounds like they're laying things down to get people to accept Chairface down the line, I think.

This season needed more midnight and overkill flossing

Yeah, it's also deliberate about how Arthur and Dot kind of switched roles compared to Season 1. Arthur's now a superhero but he doesn't want Dot going on missions with Overkill, similar to how Dot didn't want Arthur to go superheroing with Tick.

Also I did like the swerves they kept doing with Miss Lint being a superhero.

So we can all agree that Tick is Arthur's astral projection of an ideal hero, right? That way his backstory makes sense.

the 2001 version as legit funny even with a tv budget. my problem is that it's serialized. i'd like it a lot more if it were episodic with an overarching plot

dot is great you pathetic fag. shipping him with punisher guy not so much

Well, good thing 90% of her scenes were about shipping her with Overkill, then.

This was absolutely infuriating and I honestly don't care if they get cancelled after this because of it.

>News guy
>Show pearls before swine
>Always behind desk

Pigfoot incoming?

Why do people care about Chairface so much? I don't even remember him that well in the cartoon.

Imagine if a Superman show went two seasons without Lex Luthor being present, in a world where there aren't a million Superman-related projects.

Gerbil on a hotplate? Me no gusto.

Fuck yeah. After I’m done with doom patrol.

>Doom Patrol makes Mr. Nobody look like this
>The Tick thinks it's too realistic for Chairface, which would be extremely funny if it didn't mean he's not going to be in the show
Just fuck my shit up.

Attached: Mr. No.png (519x349, 200K)

One episode. Not really that big of a threat other than carving his name in the moon.

Hell if it wasn't Chairface then people would be bitching that Mad Bomber or Barry hadn't showed up.

Its a fine iteration of The Tick.

Sush that gag is way gone.

>Girl having superpowers in a superhero story is feminism

I'm starting to think people like you believe feminism is just when a girl is physically present in your cone of vision.

How present is Tick in season 2? I'm mainly in the show for him, but in Season 1, his screentime slowly dwindled to him practically being on the sidelines by the last couple of episodes. I thought the series would be all about him and Arthur's blooming friendship over heroics, but it ended up being about Arthur and and Terror stopping Overkill and his minions, with Tick sometimes there for a scene or two.

Like, I don't hate the plot or anything, but I'm not exactly in it for the deep mystery of WILL OVERKILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD? I kind of just want Tick and Arthur.

Its a Tick and Arthur story for sure.

I mean, gonna be honest, Chairface wasn't that huge in comics. If anything, I would say Barry is Tick's Luthor.

I got Terror and Overkill's names backwards because I haven't watched the show since it was released on Amazon. Whoops.

El Seed had a longer plot in the cartoon

He gets a good amount of screentime every episode, but the writers don't think he's interesting enough so there's tons of Dot X Overkill scenes. It's a shame because he's by far the best part.

Luthor wasn't originally a big deal, either, but Chairface is the most notable Tick villain, he's the one people remember most.

He was in multiple episodes, at least 4.

Personally, I would love to see the Ninja World saga, we can get Oedipus and Paul in there, they're great fun. Also, just gonna ask, which of these guys show up
Chainsaw Vigilante
Man-Eating Cow
Fiddler Crab
I mean he'll, that Very Large Man plot was from the original Chainsaw Vigilante comic

Well there is "A Crab"

>but the writers don't think he's interesting enough
Then they don't deserve him and the show's imminent cancellation is just.

Is he French-Canadian?

Same with The Joker. He was dispensed with quite quick originally.

Atlantian and female, actual a lobster lady

Well it's hard to say that its ever really Ticks Story no matter the iteration.

I like that Lobstercules was voiced by Liz Vassey, the chick who played Captain Liberty in the previous live action show.

If anything its Amazon's shit schedule that ruin's the shows flow.

Regardless new season or not it'll be near Venture Bros level gaps between this and Season 3 if it ever happens.

Venture Bros basically does everything The Tick does, but better, to begin with. I really like The Tick himself, though.

Eh not wrong perse though I'll say that rugged old commander with a black hole containing some elder god for a heart is a interesting take.

Bumping for the Wild Blue Yonder

Bump

Made it through the first episode. Season looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. Tick and Overkill are still the standouts for me. Holy smokes, I really don't think they could have picked a better actor to portray the Tick. He is phenomenal. And Overkill's edgelordedness is played to comedic perfection.

Just like the VB creators, Ben Edlund is a perfectionist. It's why there are only a few issues of The Tick comic. Both Edlund and Jackson Publick worked on The Tick cartoon too.

Jackson Publick also got his start writing a small press comic that got Ben Edlund's attention, which was how he got to write one of the Tick comics, then work with Edlund on the cartoon and TV show.

In fact Edlund's the only non-Publick, non-Hammer writer to work on Venture Bros, I think. Or at least credited for episodes.

I find it funny has a few days ago some guy in a Tick thread was talking how he liked the Superman knockoff to not be an asshole like most parodies do and now he was on the verge of going full Plutonian the entire season

I thought at the end they were going to go for a kiss but then they didn't. It was just a hug and it was good.

Besides Overkill and Miss Lint need to meet again.

Really it's the one guy I remember the most from the cartoon, mainly because of how odd he was and that writing in the moon.

But yeah he's a one off gag villain, still would be good for an episode.

Between Dot and Miss Lint I'm not entirely sure who I'd rather get with myself.

Also, didn't The Shredder pretty much die at the end of his first arc in the old TMNT comics?

Man eating cow was teased at.

When all you have is a hammer...

Yes but he came back as a robot shark briefly.

>Watching episode 2
>none of the AEGIS tests take into consideration the fact that Arthur is biometrically bonded to a suit that has all the powers

Annoyed me more than a little bit especially considering they had overkill in as a Cyborg.

>first arc
Try first issue

There's an actual character in episode two named edgelord

IS IT TIME TO WATCH IT I LOVE THAT BIG BLUE GOOFBALL

I get it, her name is dot because she's covered in moles

The most erotic season yet.

No Chairface, no watch.

That makes way too much sense.

Overkill abilities come from his baseline category status. As they said they don't register everyone that is just tech.

Ah doing the flying scene with a dude screaming in silence.

Superion is one troubled fella.

Yea some of those Superhero heavy ones are definitely his style.

Overkill was already in prior to becoming a cyborg, though, remember? As Shooting Star of the Flag Five.

Arthur gonna get his psychic twin action on.

Surprisingly Edlund didn't work on the superhero episodes (unless he made suggestions or something), he wrote the episode with the Scooby-Doo parody.

Overkill is the best character of the show, prove me wrong

>Why is everything always black and white for you
>my eyes are cybernetic, I can't change the settings

Well I mean moreso because they worked with him so some of it kinda rubbed off on their whole design of things.

Heck Venture Bros could be dumped into a Tick comic or vice versa and you'd not be able to tell.

I cannot figure out what Aegis is for. They started out as a safehouse type of thing for random morons in masks to work within the government. But this series made it out to be some kind of My Hero Academia styled government covert operations

So Tinfoil Kevin best character or best character?

Someone needs to make a Webm of the fortnite dance.

Didn't even know it was out

He's also a really great character.

They register and license heroes and also have a hero team of their own.

It's worse than just no Chairface, if you can believe it.

Dot with eyeshadow is maximum semen demon. I love this show Chippendale or not. I got swerved too the second I saw the human furniture I knew it was him and then...it wasn't.

I love VB, but it's very cynical and unpleasant to it's characters. The Tick = pure love.

Fucking yikes, man

Did it feel like they wrapped up everything in a tidy bow and kept the twist as Superian maybe going to pound him up whatever aliens have for anuses space jail? Which technically is wrapping up a potential danger. Kind of like in case they don't get another season? Hurrah, what we got was satisfying-ish!

If they get another season I'll replace my head with a chair. The fact that it even got a second season is an outright anomaly. I'd sooner believe it was renewed by mistake.

it's Amazon, viewership number don't matter.

Then what does matter?

>MUH CHAIRFACE
Holy shit you faggots are obnoxious. You do know that Tick characters are typically rotated out every series, right? And guess what idiots Disney owns the rights to the Fox cartoon now. By extension they own Chairface. You're never getting him in the live action, so shut up about him already.

Probably pumping up Prime Membership numbers. Whole Foods has been giving them a headache recently as the savings from having Prime Membership haven't been impressing people, so Amazon is going to pimp out the savings to try to entice people to keep at it.

I want Amazon to die and take Whole Foods and everything else down with it.

The showrunner said he was going to put him in the show a while ago.

Chairface was in the original comics. He's as available as The Tick and Arthur are.

No, Tick, Arthur, Bat Manuel, and Captain Liberty are allowed to be used but every other character that appeared in the Fox cartoon is off limits because of the exclusivity contract he signed. Why do you think nobody from the Fox cartoon showed up in the 2001 TV show or Season 1 of this new series

This show is great...what would you have take its place? Another shit anime adaptation like Netflix does?

Then why would the showrunner say he's going to use him?

He was negotiating getting the characters back from Fox, but that obviously fell through with the acquisition.

You misunderstand me. I love the show, but the Tick was never anything but niche as hell, and nobody outside of this thread is watching this.

dot is a precog and arthur is a reality warper

Die Fledermaus and american maid can't be used, they were created by the cartoon show crew. the rest can because they appeared in the comics.

hell fishboy and a whole bunch of other characters from the animated series appeared in the 2001 series.

Misdirection, obviously, so it's a bigger, badder surprise when they use it anyway! And skirt legal issues by using a slightly different chair for the head! And he won't be voiced by Tony Ja-

Aw, made myself feel bad...

Truth be told, there's arguably no point to the character without Tony Jay's voice anyway.

down in the Ozarks there's this one monster who'd keep it's victims alive long enough to shove it oviposter down their throats, really shoving it in there"

I'm definitely really enjoying it

The best part about Edgelord is that he's actually an open minded, pretty decent guy. He even helps out a few times when he doesn't really have to.

Seems like everyone in the show sort of forgot that Arthur's suit makes him invulnerable and has taser hands

Attached: ninjahedge.jpg (300x256, 36K)

And he has nunchucks

He never actually gets hurt from punches, the suit just doesn't add any mass and getting thrown around all the time is pretty bad for vertigo (ie getting whipped across the room by the machine just dazing him).

Unless they've publicly stated that then I don't think so.

I think a character like the tick is a lot harder to write than you think so it makes sense as to why it's not all tick all the time.