What went wrong with RWBY? I blame shipbaiting

What went wrong with RWBY? I blame shipbaiting.

Attached: Bumblebee.jpg (1186x673, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ZiQAq_nf1s
youtube.com/watch?v=24eTf7-6l44
youtube.com/watch?v=ppVmX2ZVrOI
youtube.com/watch?v=fpvPZexTQ3U
youtube.com/watch?v=HmT2o0dMeU0
youtu.be/mTJzFCebdvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was written by a retard, nothing went wrong. It was always wrong.

B-but monty, miles, and kerry tried their best!

Attached: 1541914059076.jpg (625x902, 53K)

When Monty died, he left a vague idea of what he wants for RWBY, specific characters and scenes.
He had Miles and Kerry there for filling in the spaces, so from the beginning this was messily written.
Shipbaiting is annoying too, though.

The best character is the mute one

Less cool fights and more shitty plot

Trips confirm Neo best girl

Its not crazy enough
I miss Penny

I agree with this way of thinking

Attached: 1518372930256.gif (1672x1240, 928K)

They killed Roman and it was all downhill from there

good for me i never cared enough to watch this

>inspired by anime

The guy who made it died so it became fanfiction of itself. Plus it was always crap.

RWBY was vague from the start. Was also literally just Wizard of Oz anime Kawaii desu high school with super powers. It wasn't anything special.

I'm not saying it was anything special, it was something made for fun by a weeb and his friends

Neo has the best voice actress in the show, and she never speaks

RWBY went wrong when it decided not to do an episodic and character driven series about bounty hunting girls in a big criminal city and instead took their fanfic tier lore seriously and tried to make a spectacle of it

Attached: 4AZnvJx.png (1009x834, 1.01M)

There any actual lesbians yet

Not talking about implied hold hands and stare at each other shipfuel shit. Are there any straight up dykes in the show yet.

Ilia is gay, and Jaunes sister has a wife

Yes.
1 couple who we likely won’t see again.
One side character who was a very well written villain who got a very meh redemption arc, and OP’s pic related is about 99% certain for endgame at this point.

>Bumblebee
Out of all the shipbaits, why the one that had the least screentime and chemistry together? One of them even had a canon boyfriend. This ship makes no sense.

Because it's the fandoms favorite

Basically this. The original concept was cute girls doing mindless action but at some point it became shitty teen melodrama and DEEP LORE like every modern western cartoon

Why? The only reason I can find is romanticizing the moment when Yang lost an arm but that's a war wound. I can see why fujoshits ship Narusasu or pretty much every guy with every guy in Saint Seiya but Bumblebee is just there

just about everything you posted here is wrong. incredible

Lets not forget the opposites attract Yang and Mercury theory. Although it seems possible since Cinder no longer gives a shit about Salem and Tyrian seems to have convinced Mercury what's the point of doing something you don't love to do basically implying mercury to leave.

Does anyone give a shit about Cinder?
Mercury could leave and never return for what I care. There are already too many villains

Because /u/ faggotry.
The VAs have also always encouraged it, it's only gotten more aggressive with the higher demand for representation

>Does anyone give a shit about Cinder?

Attached: 1553390978681.gif (277x277, 650K)

Started out as a passion project and devolved into a shameless cashgrab once Monty died and RT got full reign

>The best character is the one that doesn't have some godawful VA

The last time I've seen a writing staff so in love with a fictional character was in Tales of Zestiria The X. Will RWBY end with Cinder becoming Cinderella aka marrying a prince and becoming queen?

Attached: Alisha the first.png (672x371, 268K)

>BLake and Adam have always been portrayed as business partners
>Naw, they were totally dating but it was a TOXIC RELATIONSHIP OOOOOO
>Have an ENTIRE FINAL dedicated to the absolute worst ship to ever hit the seven seas
>Also Blake has been lowkey crushing on Yang the entire time but reached PEAK THIRST during the entirety of the last season

>Cinder wants Ruby dead
>Like dead dead
>So dead it would make the last named character Cinder has killed look like nothing
>Had the opportunity to kill her during the big mansion battle royal
>Goes for Weiss

Attached: 1487981431622.png (183x200, 45K)

Before the fall of Beacon, Blake talked about Adam as her mentor. Maybe it was a grooming thing, the staff isn't good with showing the pass of time with the flashbacks, but most probably the toxic relationship was introduced later.

Cinder is a big dumb
I hope Neo kills her

Salem told her specifically not to kill her. Why? We have no fucking idea so it's still basically not as bad.

>"Don't kill her! She's the main character!"

Does every Yea Forums RWBY thread has to have a 2 lesbo ship thread on a daily basis whenever possible? I honestly hope whoever is in charge(no longer monty) decides who will end up with who without some fans pushing their motives on them to make the decisions.

This and Voltrom are examples to why you shouldn't listen to your fans comletely

If we removed the korra X asami faggots would we also have removed the majority of bumblebee shippers?

cool fights should be top priority, not secondary.
everything else is MOTIVATION for the fights.

>Gold and Silver.
>absent mothers
>Prosthetic arm vs prosthetic legs.
> Loves her father, he hates his father.
>She relied too much on her Semblance, his father took away his Semblance.
>both have close range fighting styles.

This ship is very possible if Monty knows how the story was going to go and how it would end. As long as RT respects his wishes hence how his storyline went.

In his interview he seems to have been a fan of kickboxing hence why the Mercury and Yang fight had one of the best choreography sucks that he is gone. I am sure he had an intentional purpose to show the many differences Yang and Mercury have. But I hope RT or whoever is in charge exactly know how Monty planned the story to end and keep it that way. If it goes that way than you do not know have to worry about bumblebee shippers. Although I wonder if there is a shipping poll for rwby anyone can give me a general idea on?

Nobody in their right minds has ever had any belief that YangxMercury would ever remotely be a thing.

It never had a chance dude

>tfw I want black sun

Attached: F552790F-2A7A-4DE3-BE48-C9DECE91CB1D.png (389x399, 364K)

It's deader than Pyrrah

>It's deader than Pyrrah
Debatable

Attached: 1FDC3124-FA89-4B52-845A-8FD29D37F9D2.jpg (662x676, 78K)

>it was something made for fun by a weeb and his friends
and of course, in roostereeth fashion, it became a corporate project

Season four.

It only originally existed as an excuse for Monty to spend his days animating cute anime girls fighting with crazy weapons. It was a passion project/hobby, nothing more. It's Miles and Kerry who tried to spin it out of control and make it "the first Western anime," which only got worse after Monty died.

I want to see the rest of this pic.

They fired Vic Mignogna

The show always had bland writing, bad animation outside of combat and mediocre production value, but what it did have were amazing fight sequences, art direction, music and style. The thing is, considering that this was a passion project with little resources and huge potential, the negatives were easily overlooked, especially with how good the positives were and how easily those negatives could be fixed in time and more money.
It was a show driven by its animation department using fights and style, but then the guy behind it, monty, died and instead of continuing like planned, the writing department took over and started micromanaging everything, from stories to characters and fight choreography, which were now made with storyboards and Maya. This lead to the previous positives falling away and the shows focus to be put solely into writing, which isn't very good, because the guys behind it are entitled twats.
Now from the previous negatives all except bad animation outside of combat remained or even worsened, while all the positives have fallen apart. Then RT started diverting resources to this new mech show.

Attached: 1553773954992.jpg (584x575, 50K)

>What went wrong with RWBY?

Pyrrha Nikos.
Her death signified the end of fun high school/college hybrid hunter school stuff and forced the cast into a larger plot that is much less fun.

This, it was just supposed to be a gun beast killing, crime stopping show with cool fights, but then after season 2 they wanted to make everything like a "cinematic" hollywood show

Attached: dance.gif (157x315, 1.95M)

>I blame shipbaiting.
You can blame every media ever for shipbaiting, actually.

I am sure there is a good reason for their differences my fellow bumblebee shippers.

>RWBY went wrong when it decided not to do an episodic and character driven series about bounty hunting girls in a big criminal city and instead took their fanfic tier lore seriously and tried to make a spectacle of it
Yes, this. The initial trailers sparked intrest due to the characters and the style - that is, girls with swords and guns killing monsters and henchmen. No one cared about the worldbuilding or the epic tragedy spanning eons or the furry cause or a fucking dchool hijinx and Jaune.

It is spectacular how they managed to either misbrand their series at the start or just plain failed to read the reception.

Attached: 1520212093265.jpg (747x1024, 821K)

They had the most closest connection of the four

But I really dislike Blake so I don’t like the ship or it’s fanbase

One Korean chick with severe autism

>without some fans pushing their motives on them to make the decisions.
HAHAHAHA
Rooster Teeth is filled with white woke upper middle class tumblrinas who will try to use "progress" as a shield to cope with what a shit show it is.
There is still a little hope because most of the top people do not put their pronouns in their twitter bio.

>It's Miles and Kerry who tried to spin it out of control and make it "the first Western anime"
As much as i like to shit on M&K there are plenty of old interviews with them talking with monty about how there will be a tone shift and how they wanted to make it a serious show later on.

THESE
Unfortunately there are still too many who buy into the "its getting better" meme because of the slight bump in art direction and animation.

Attached: Sad but true.png (610x457, 393K)

>had the most closest connection of the four
Wrong, even Ruby and Weisis had more of a connection than those two together.

But at the moment Blake and Yang had a common trauma with Adam. It’s the quality of it all

They cant kill her since some korean chick might blow up there company if she dies

Attached: IMG_20190226_034603.jpg (2480x3508, 511K)

Posting pics

Attached: 1551388863936.png (500x600, 138K)

Attached: c4398109ae8eb613f5679c02e20401196e79f75e_hq.jpg (600x703, 107K)

Attached: 1551291463521.png (1024x768, 358K)

>That time when they completely wrote themselves into a corner so the main villian gets defeated by unexplained magic bullshit grey eyes

Dropped after that. Complete trash ending that season that made no sense and only exists because they had no way to beat the villian

When Grimm went from the creatures threatening the very existence of humanity to Cannon fodder

They were always cannon fodder, right from the red trailer

Not true. The first season had even single Grimm as threats that needed multiple huntsmen to take down

So is volume 6 any better than 5 or 4?

4 = 6 >>>>>

Attached: QDujh8Z.jpg (2100x3150, 1.62M)

So it's still worse than volume 1, got it

I dont know I think it's 3>2>1=4=6>5

Attached: wUAR4qf.png (1200x1650, 917K)

Monty died
The other fags took over
Rooster teeth are notorious slavedriving execs with how they run their IPs

Let’s see
>Blake being an annoying bitch half the time
>Yang hellbent on getting her some Sub Human Puss Puss
>Shipbaiting
>Literally introducing new characters then killing them off for “shock effect”
>taking interesting characters and transforming them into idiots
>the bastardization of Adam

Its a hentai generator

Aesthetic meme on Twitter

>the bastardization of Adam
What? He was always edgy and died edgy.

shipping is one of the best parts.
>What went wrong with RWBY
while unlike many other stories there is not much redundancy, I would say there are too many characters so even the main 4 have hard time getting screen time. It got by a long way by staying "mysterious" but anytime it opens its mouth it says something dumb.

Sounds like a win/win

Don’t listen to the memers, volume 6 is the second best season just behind volume 3.
It would probably be the best volume but the finale was a bit underwhelming.

Faggot
The first act (Brunswick farm) of V6 was good, really good in fact, but only filler, the second act (figuring out what to do at Argus) was bad and boring (remember how one episode was just looking for Oscar making it seem like he has something important to do and he just came back out of nowhere and was just shopping for clothes or Cinder and Neo contributing literally nothing), and the third act (Cordovin) was outright insulting

>shipping is one of the best parts

Attached: 1545095748633.jpg (1280x1440, 291K)

Why the fuck even is shipping so popular? I don't see how people can get so fanatic or mad about which fictional characters are going to bang.

Yeah but he wasnt fun edgy or interesting edgy

That's a biger question than rwby itself.

The first third did have gold stuff
>Abs was left behind
>cinder vs best girl fight in the bar
>a few good moments in Brunswick
but it's also got bad ones, mainly the Djinn exposition and the old crone with her dumb eyes.

People lack romantic connections in real life and rely on fictional relationships to get that experience, basically living vicariously through that fictional relationship, it's sad really

>The first third did have gold stuff
Yeah but it was all filler. The Brunswick Farm bit was great and the apathy grimm was a cool and unique idea, but it was all just filler, because the doubts they were having and the things they said never ever come up again.
The Cinder and Neo parts were also only filler, as these villains did literally nothing this volume, and only wasted screentime that should've been Adams, one of the ACTUAL villains.

>In his interview he seems to have been a fan of kickboxing hence

Attached: numberone.jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

I don't even watch this show but I want to pat Neo's head.

Shipping faggotry aside, my cynical me think the entire faunus subplot was too dificult to handle for the writers and even them could realize how bullshit the writing about the faunus was in the past volumes so they killed Adam to close that chapter and never talk about it again. They're going to Atlas next volume, things could get fishy. Slavery and shit instead of bullying and microaggression

Because a lot of people don't actually read romance novels and their palette is unable to make remarkable distinctions. So, every pairing is based on tropes. In bumblebees case, it hits two. Opposites attract and there must be an alpha and a beta in a relationship.

It boils down to people who are too afraid of having a real romantic relationship living vicariously through fictional characters.

More like
>"Don't waste your time trying to kill her! She's the main character! Something will happen to stop you, even if it's a blatant deus ex machina!"

Monty got murdered by his cunt of a girlfriend and instead of letting his show die with him they kept it alive out of greed.
Every single bit of pandering stupid bullshit is because they're desperate to keep the fans happy while knowing fuck all about why people liked it in the first place.

Shot itself in the foot with the starting gun.
>Has racism as a intro-plot, racism is never deep enough to justify being a plot point
>Has tech and magic, none of it makes sense and runs off rule of cool
>Show is SoL/Lore driven

First two points slam so hard into point three that it becomes a mess.

I can't believe Monty has been dead longer than he has lived

Attached: monty oum.jpg (300x319, 15K)

nothing went wrong
this is just what happens when you take an """anime""" written by a 12 year old and give it a budget

nobody is saying the parallels don't exist, we're saying thinking the ship would say is delusional that's just how it is.

>and there must be an alpha and a beta in a relationship.
Yang will get a dyke haircut in the next volume. Mark my words

>"So kill someone else! Like that girl! Because she's close to Ruby! That'll hurt her deep!"
>"OH NO! A BLATANT DEUS EX MACHINA!"

>Signs of Mercury leaving. I believe if he does he will meet up with Sun and Neptune for some reason 1st before joining the other groups.
>fought Yang enough for them both to understand each others fighting.
>A lot of differences and similarities in the characters that it had to be intentional for a purpose later on.

Bumblebee shippers.

>they were both traumatized by Adam therefore we ship them.

That's there only shipping purpose.

So why are bumblebee shipping chromosome thief's calling mercury x yang shippers delusional again since they can only provide 1 example.

I seriously hope RT has the entire plot and move on with monty's plot without changing it for a retarded or pro-LGBT audience. That is all.

Miles is a competent writer.
The other two... eh?

Attached: geoff.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

God you're a fucking idiot. Stop making us sane Disablerfags look like retards please

>not as retarded as uh th-th-they were traumatized by adam. We must ship them.

no you're both pretty retarded lmao

Yes you are

Neptune X Weiss.
Sun X Blake
Mercury X Yang
Ruby X Jaune or Oscar

Screenshot this. Sun said Mercury had a cool fighting style. So if Mercury defects and suddenly joins Neptune and Sun I will push my headcannon on Yea Forums threads.

Attached: dur.png (600x600, 109K)

If Mercury joins Neptune and Sun. I am going to be posting the RWBY husbandos team on every Yea Forums threads for shitposts to come

Attached: durr.png (600x600, 94K)

Hate to be that guy, but ACTUALLY treatment of Alisha has nothing to do with someone in writer's stuff really liking the character, it was more of a reaction to the controversy that happened surrounding the game's marketing and shitty writing. Before game's release Namco launched a huge marketing campaign, but didn't really have much material to work with and cute girls sell, so Alisha was on the forefront and created the impression that she was one of the main protagonists and fans really liked how cute she was. But game's producer Baba had different plans and pushed his waifu Rose as the main cute girl. This has lead to a confusion and very difficult situation where Alisha was shafted immediately after what is pretty much game's prologue and has you walking around with Mary Sue who happens to be the second Shepherd of Chaos Era who has same abilities as you and is also immune to the logic of the world because she "believes" she's a good person. It was so bad one of game's VA has to publicly prostate herself to apologize for Baba, the producer of the game.

Animation staff at Ufotable couldn't animate the actual clusterfuck that was game's actual writing, I am not joking around, Rose is an actual mary sue.

Cute and cannon.

Attached: WBY husbandos..jpg (500x375, 45K)

So far Blake has, or given hints of having, 4 love interests. Adam, Sun, that lizard girl, and now Yang. Why the hell does this bland cat girl who does nothing need four love interests? Are they going to add Wiess, Ren, and Crow to the mix as well?

Attached: 1547137933441.gif (1292x1959, 1.92M)

Seems like she misses Sun leaving her side. I will for my self pleasure create a husbandos meme to intentionally piss off annoying autistic bumblebee shippers whos only reason to believe in a ship is because of Adam ruining Yea Forums threads.

Might as well give Adam the courtesy for a 3 way ship.

>KITTY
>EARS

>Seems like she misses sun
>Hasn't thought of him even once
you are S E E T H I N G

>needs to re-watch his departure.

Catgirls, man
Which is why I don't understand this "racism" for Faunas

>shows child blake with sign making me think of BLM.
>promotes 2 lesbos 1 being jaunes sister.

RWBY is a pretty liberal show as SNK is conservative.

?
They barely interacted expecially compared to Blake's time with weiss and sun. Then volume 3 happened and they were separated for two seasons. Only ship baiting pretends that they were the closest of friends before volume 6.

Rooster Teeth came into existence.

Trust me, nothing besides Camp Camp is worth watching, and given their reputation with both RWBY and Gen:Lock, I hold no hope for their upcoming Transformers series besides maybe the animation (since that's being farmed to a studio who's got experience with the franchise).

They didn't pair up Sun with Weiss, that's the problem

Attached: illust_45134908_20180930_221527.jpg (827x986, 631K)

I kinda ship Adam with Weiss for ending the feud

Likewise, but they brushed off their interaction after it became Adam vs Yang/Blake

That entire fight was fine until they went full POWER OF LOVE

Pretty much the same reason Voldemort told his minions not to kill Potter.

An ego.

SnK is fascistic so if we go for that comparison, RWBY should be about taking the means of production from the rich and Adam would be the MC

So now that Qrow's VA is out do you guys think they will just ignore him like Glynda or will they jut kill him off?

They'll pick some wino from the streets and make him read Qrow's lines.

Dropped it after volume 4 ended is it wortg picking back up?

I do fuck the world.

Attached: 2bde5e225e6fabbf85d8b6281891d0f7d5828177_hq.jpg (1024x581, 56K)

Nothing went wrong, you guys are just pussies.

Attached: Whatchu gonna do bout it.png (540x304, 149K)

>They had the most closest connection of the four

>"Hey I have abandonment issues, pls don't abandon me"
>Do the exact opposite and abandon you
>"It's kay I wuv you"
are you real m8?

Attached: 1240353468620.png (640x480, 342K)

Stopped watching RWBY, are those two gay for each other now or is it just heavy ship bait?

ATLAS BAD
VALE GUD

No one else cares about your waifu Misa

Are all girl characters lesbians now? this seems to be in every fucking show now

Honestly when it comes to comics and apparently a lot of shows now that's surprisingly a safe bet assuming you know what to look for.
Everyone wants to pretend they're progressive so they love shoving dykes into everything.
Honestly, these days I just write off any dykes in media do to the fact they're the least likely to be an interesting well handled character.

At this point everyone's looking for diversity points so everyone's gay
Except for Salem. That's why she's evil

Maybe that why she wants to capture Ruby to make her a waifu to some guy and make her evil.

>Salem is a straight woman stuck in a gay world
>Just wants to preach the good word of the D and the V

Volume 5 is a mess with a few good parts but a lot of bad particularly with Blake’s arc and the finale battle (everyone will tell you the finale was the lowest point in the series but I still argue Blake’s arc was worse).
Volume 6 on the other hand is really good. Overall either second best or best overall volume depending on what you think of Ozpin/Salem’s backstory and the second half of the volume.
The first half is particularly strong consisting of probably the best single episode in the whole series.

Even if you don’t want to get caught up on the whole series I’d argue it’s worth your time to watch volume 6 chapters 5 and 6 since that little arc holds up well enough on its own even without the greater story context.

Based and Yang-pilled

Not enough Blake tits.

>Not enough Blake dick..
FTFY

Attached: big bulge blake.png (895x1041, 1.07M)

RvB gang rise up.

Attached: BBC5A315-D392-4861-80BC-80315F1D7FA4.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

>The villain was the hero the entire time

It's died years ago, gramps.

Attached: ha.jpg (680x763, 48K)

Mommy issues user

I’m only being half ironic.
Even if that wasn’t their intention, that’s the logical conclusion to be made based on what the show has presented.

That’s why we need to rise up.

>RvB went to shit
>RWBY went to shit
No wonder they made Gen:LOCK. They needed something new since everything else went to shit

But gen lock is shit. Only good show is camp camp

Nothing of value was lost

At this point RT should just stop but it's too late now

Monty was great at making over-the-top fight scenes, but his skills as a writer left a lot to be desired.

Miles does comedy okay, but when he tries to do serious stuff, the results are mixed.

Kerry is...eh...

We don't talk about Kerry

I'm just saying, Neptune

What does Kerry do as far as writing go?

>That feel when you like both so either way you win.

Attached: 1416851046871.jpg (403x317, 13K)

Wew

Key word "Tried". Doesn't matter how hard you try or how good your intentions. If it's shit, it's shit.
And it's shit.

I thought it was because Baba was cheating his wife with Rose's VA.

Original creator was murdered by his girlfriend, and everyone else, out of what I ASSUME is respect (though with the direction the show took, I doubt it.), and a complete lack of any form of competency involved with the creation and sustenance of original media, and a raging hard-on for teenage/young adult girls being stupidly powerful, as well as being hilariously unable to take criticism and critique. Leading to the creation of an under par, shitty "show"(and I use that word loosely) For a bunch of dumbass cunts, By a bunch of dumbass cunts.

I don't want to bring a Zestiria discussion here but The X get relevance here not only because it was an animated project but because the game was already out and Japan was madly in love with Sorey/Mikleo so all the staff needed to do was to pander to that demographic. The Tales franchise is infamous for its large fujo following. Nevertheless, under the excuse of fixing Baba's waifu faggotry, the staff fell into another waifu faggotry but this time with Alisha and the popular characters like Mikleo and Edna were shafted and even Sorey was sidelined from his own adventure. The fujos got pretty vocal when S1 finale implied a Sorey/Alisha ending but that was too far and it was corrected in S2

Attached: Zestiria OTP.jpg (1000x4820, 523K)

I wish to see Weiss's reaction to Adam's deformed face. She should feel something to knowing her family fortune is sustained by branded slaves. Shit just got too real, it didn't need to go there.

>Rwby is a great show

Attached: 42893.jpg (132x146, 8K)

At this point not even the fans say this. Only the hardcore /u/fags that aren't even interested in RWBY per se but how many lesbian couples they can force into the show

What I don't understand is from where the faunus came. The Remnant universe is creationist, there are active gods in charge of the creation and humanity is part of a great plan. How the faunus fit in all this? They just pop up one day? Bestiality can produce offsprings in this world?

The crazy thing is there's a lot of people who vehemently don't want that to since it would apparently interfer with blake/yang stuff despite how much it would benefited the narrative storywise since they're going to Atlas next volume and Weiss will inevitably end up dealing with her father and his business practices.

So can Ruby catch the Joker?

Monty's biggest mistake was to use RT for production, and Miles and Kerry for writing. He should have taken his idea to a professional company with a bigger budget and more skilled, and experienced workers.

Arryn and Barbara, especially Arryn, are pushing the writers real hard to include it.

And then we see first year students effortlessly taking out dozens of Grimm, smiling while doing it. Team CFVY took out giant nevermores and death stalkers like they were nothing. It wasn't until volume 4 and up that Grimm started to become a threat again.

>and Weiss will inevitably end up dealing with her father and his business practices.
It must be nice to be optimistic
The best you will get is everyone bashing on Ozpin like it's some shitty fanfic and if we get lucky Weiss's family actually showing up on screen

I really just want the show to go on at this point cause of fap bait at this point cause it all went down to shit after this season.

Attached: 3038469 - Aestheticc-Meme RWBY Yang_Xiao_Long.png (1000x1478, 748K)

>hence why the Mercury and Yang fight had one of the best choreography
I thought that was animated by Shane?

It was always a crappy story with good animation like. Said story was minimal and took backseat over the animated fight scenes which was Monty's intention. When he died due to a cat allergy gone awry it became an official fan fiction which took the itself too seriously. I feel they should have stopped RWBY with the death of Monty out of respect.

I think Weiss family will show up but it will be less about slavery and more about daddy issues and feminism. You know, first world problems.

I watched the first few seasons last night before sort of noping out when it stopped being school hijinx and became jRPG adventure #5788. Plus, Weiss never sexually dominated Rose, a Tsundere domming a smaller younger but cheery girl one of the things that can pull me to a series, but is sadly rare.

NaruSasu is universally despised and critisized. Just because it's mega popular to anyone with a vagina doesn't meant it's recognized on a higher pedestal of quality timelessness, hell anything Sasuke is in is never gonna be as universally loves and remembered as anything Naruto is in.

That was how the fandom sold me the show, but actually, it doesn't look like ANY of them are at the start of Season 4. Rose and Weiss was the big draw for me, but while Rose sort of sat out of the dance and seems generally uninterested, Weiss has an interest in boys.

I actually got interested in Jaune and Phyrrha until they dun fucked up and removed a big reason I continued watching.

Attached: RWBY_Concept_Art_Ruby_01-680x854.jpg (680x854, 61K)

>Faggot DMC incel

Attached: d5g9k0z-cb8d5eae-cebe-4cd1-b4d2-664b055b8b70.jpg (650x712, 67K)

Ruby is for Jaune, or maybe Oscar.

Explain hentai then. When two characters of the opposite sex bang each other, that's not living vicarously?

Initially she friendzoned him pretty hard, and he didn't seem all that interested either, unless thats changed? I've not (and I'm not sure if I will) kept up.

That was Weiss though.

Well actually the game's story had been fixed via light novels and manga. All Ufotable needed to do was animate them. Instead they fell hard for the waifu meme helped along by Alisha being the president's waifu.

They pushed her so hard that they literally created characters who existed for the sole reason for making her look good. They even pushed her with Rose because it was her most popular pairing at the time (but overall not very popular with audiences). They then ignored every other character that wasn't named Alisha. Even those that were more popular than her. And bent the story over backwards to make Alisha look good. (Also ironically enough Sorey was already gay and getting the support of the Nips).

It's the same mistake that Roosterteeth is making right now.

That's why Banesaw was one of the better villains. He saw a Schnee and immediately knew what to do. Meanwhile none of the other faunus even remotely react to Weiss. Weiss having some damn context (that she should already know but doesn't because she's a dumbass when it comes to that) for why faunus everywhere seem to automatically hate her would give her a severe reality check.

Probably the writers just don't want to think about it. It's too problematic despite they were the ones who introduced real life issues into this fantasy world.

Attached: child labor.jpg (960x540, 70K)

monty at least knew to do cool fights, miles and kerry are just retarded

And Monty conceived the show as cute girls doing cool fight scenes

at least if you are edgy do something cool and stupid, adam was just miserable

Attached: tumblr_poxd1fWTyQ1uu6hx4o1_540.jpg (540x408, 29K)

We live in a society

>I used to think my live was a tragedy. Now I realized it's a comedy
>Young Adam doing the smile thing to loli Blake

>went wrong
it was never right

underrated post

Ruby tries to catch him
He's just too fast

best post

Attached: descarga.jpg (228x221, 10K)

The whole Faunas racism is so stupid because it's never explained. People just hate faunas because they're cute?
And then you have the Shniee hatred Faunas have for them that never really matters since the ONE SHNIEE CHARACTER IN THE MAIN CAST is never shown or told why the Faunas despise her family. Let alone no Faunas don't openly attack her even though she's family to an empire of slavers
I don't even remember why they're even going to Atlas in the first place

Ruby has become so fucking dumb lately

>needing racism to be explained

Attached: 1549171833558.jpg (211x198, 11K)

But it was explained
In WoR that is

>SAVAGES SAVAGES, BARELY EVEN HUMAN

Anyone in this thread seen Gen:Lock? I was curious about it and watched the whole season. Came for the RT drama, stayed for the David Tennant inventor.

Also the Scottish girl is cute.

Attached: F0588D67-0258-48E1-ACE5-E98B35DBE9CF.jpg (2000x3000, 1M)

>Also the Scottish girl is cute.
Would you a Scottish furry?

Attached: 1546131952572.gif (500x281, 995K)

How does anybody like Yang, literally the most retarded character in this waste of a show, just a self-insert for her crappy VA

You sound like a retard lmao

Any good porn of her fursona?

Attached: 1538925963248.png (1141x1200, 844K)

No. All she's got is buttpics
A lot of buttpics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can live with that

So can I

>Expecting the same writers who are so burnt out on ideas for RvB, they're cashing in on the nostalgia of older seasons to make a competent series on their own

Attached: 1546756877436.jpg (595x557, 66K)

The fact this man hasn't killed himself yet is astonishing. Geoff has been through way too much

Attached: 1553641004350.jpg (602x359, 93K)

At least he's been put out of his misery.

I saw the Adam short the other day. Ghira is a complete and utter pussy. People are fucking shooting at him and the other faunus with machine guns and he's yelling at Adam to not hurt them. Then he's surprised when faunus like Adam over him.

I just keep thinking about how Adam could have easily been all of Team RWBY's antagonist that they all have to fight and kill. There wouldn't be any power level shit if it was a four v one. But no he was fodder for yang and blakes relationship development.

Fuck off eruption fang

Attached: 1553643487006.png (808x472, 257K)

No one would've given him the time of day. He didn't even have an idea, just a collection of aesthetic notes he wanted to hit and paper thin premises for fight scenes. Rooster Teeth only humored him because he helped them in their efforts to turn RvB into the machinima equivalent of Loss.

Ghira is a house faunus
Adam is a field faunus
Both have irreconciliable perspectives

Thinking about it, Beacon academy admitted faunus but all the students needed to make their own weapons and go through a formal exam, Ruby was an exception, so that could mean the poor faunus were excluded for economical circunstances, too busy trying to not be wiped that day.

Dust is also super expensive so the only way they're getting some is via stealing from either an abandoned mine or an active mine.

Or Velvet is basically that one kid the entire community pitched in to pay the tuition of.

>good guys are privilege upper class
>bad guys are poorfags
Why modern cartoons repeat this model so much?

The only decent animator who can animate fighting scene died.

Best ship and more cannon than bumblebee

Attached: Weiss X Ruby more canon than bumblebee.jpg (1400x905, 451K)

Ruby belongs to Jaune, or maybe Oscar. The /u/fags feel entitled for shoehorning their shitty pairing but that doesn't mean all the RWBY team will be lesbians.

You know what...….Fuck the bumblebee ship. Neptune is a womanizer and does not deserve Weiss. Have Yang screw Mercury or Blake screw Sun. But for some reason I feel more drawn of Ruby and Weiss being lesbians than either Blake or Yang. Yang seems to have shown interest in guys during the sleep over while Ruby brushed her off on the idea.

Weiss X Ruby > Yang X Blake.

cringe

Unironically Monty's death.

Attached: 66877166_p2.jpg (2005x2000, 823K)

>chameleon girl who only joined the racist extremists to eat pussy
>well written

>people are so butthurt over lesbians that nobody is discussing how boring and non-existent of a character Ruby was for 5 volumes and how volume 6 gave too little too late

This feels like an almost RWBYg thread
Only more spiteful

Attached: 1456092021393.jpg (795x334, 373K)

Not to mention her voice devolving from okay to just downright awful.

Attached: Ruby_Rose_(BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle,_Character_Select_Artwork).png (1096x1198, 806K)

Too much talking, too little fighting, started in Black Trailer but was stomachable there, Yellow and on is pure trash unless they are fighting, and even then some fight-scenes get SOILED, especially once Monty got killed.

Everybody has discussed that time and again, shitty attempt at deflection there, shiptard.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ZiQAq_nf1s
youtube.com/watch?v=24eTf7-6l44
youtube.com/watch?v=ppVmX2ZVrOI
youtube.com/watch?v=fpvPZexTQ3U
youtube.com/watch?v=HmT2o0dMeU0

Attached: youtube.png (473x480, 272K)

Same, I liked Pyrrha a lot, despite her flaws and the stupid writing behind her. I continued watching, but it was less fun and interesting without her. I did love the scenes with Jaune training in the forest, listening to her video, and then seeing her statue. I still cling on to a tiny hope that Pyrrha will be brought back somehow, through magic. And then there is the mysterious Red Haired Woman who talked to Jaune like she was Pyrrha, and mysterious vanished without a trace.

Attached: 55556427_1328482783956760_5419800921376817152_n.jpg (840x960, 95K)

I love Blake.

Attached: 47493249_p0.png (900x554, 573K)

I hope this is isn’t what you actually believe.

I hope you don't really believe that this dyke appeasement rip off of what Adam was initially implied to be, is actually well written

>Adamfags

Attached: LMAO FAGGOT.png (464x451, 229K)

I miss the older animation style.

the fanart is better than the animation

Attached: 1438395788439.jpg (640x640, 54K)

>A shiptard and for faggots no less
HAHAHA

Attached: Disgust.jpg (540x304, 35K)

>Implying I ship bumblebee
NO NO NO HE SHOULD'VE BEATEN THE CAST 1v9 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: SEETHING.png (564x675, 216K)

>Mercury and basedNeptune bro'ing up
I want it.

>basedNeptune
Fuck off Kerry you toad-fuck

Attached: 1554527089536.png (1032x1073, 796K)

lmao I have seen all these, im an adamfag

Attached: tumblr_poxbxk6fzf1uu6hx4o1_500.png (382x619, 250K)

Attached: 1552127685894.png (812x1036, 844K)

>Unironically watching Eruption Fang and Muffin Man
Fucking yikes.

actually the idea of adam vs cordovin vs protagonist it would have been more cool than the shitshow that we got.

Adamfags have literally no self awareness

Attached: Edge.png (314x105, 11K)

Case in point

only something worse than an adamfag is an adam hater

so you like more that horrible insubstantial mecha fight? no wonder why this series is so bad with such bad taste viewers

Attached: IMG-20190321-WA0078.jpg (603x492, 25K)

But I don’t hate Adam.
I just recognize we was never gonna be this morally grey endgame boss you people assumed he would be.

simpler to ask what went right because the answer is nothing except hardcore pornography

Please prove me wrong. She joined the Faunus to eat Blake's pussy.

youtu.be/mTJzFCebdvQ
I know we like to pretend volume 5 didn’t happen but come on user.

>THEY'RE NOT LIKE YOU AND ME, WHICH MEANS THEY MUST BE EVIL!

>And just because someone looks different than you, or thinks differently than you doesn't mean you should be afraid of them. It means YOU SHOULD BE ANGRY AT THEM. HOW DARE THEY BE DIFFERENT. WHAT? MY WAY OF LIFE AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR 'EM?

Attached: med_1544071766_image.jpg (640x488, 54K)

Sad but true

>The war on faunas started with a musical number

This still doens't prove her character was anything but an attempt to make Blake do something. LesbianGirl existed so Blake could convert her to not be with the racists.

If it went full edge would it be a better show?

Attached: the_headsman_of_the_glass_queen_by_hiwonoafu_dcuykxp-pre.jpg (1016x786, 106K)

>*The Original Huntsmen exclusively hunted Faunus*

Attached: savages.png (857x525, 524K)

Yes.

>Only started hunting Grimm because they started razing places
>Faunus huntsman are blatant fodder

For teens yes
For adults no. Edge is boring after living in it for 7 years

wtf I love RWBY now

Attached: supercringe.jpg (424x424, 70K)

Jaune

Attached: 1547728134403.jpg (585x328, 38K)

Kinda wana see Ruby lose an eye now. Would the silver eyes still work if she only has one eye and would it still be as effective as having two eyes?

>how volume 6 gave too little too late

I'd say there attempts at giving her character were worse than when she had none

Not enough planning and too much write-as-we-go early on laid a poor foundation for the direction the show could go in. If for as good as the fall of Beacon Arc was, it was also the catalyst that would leave the show as too much of a mess. Going from 0-to-100 by introducing Maidens, Relics and Gods was the biggest mistake or, rather, introducing those things in a short period of time, without giving each concept time to breath, was the mistake. Especially since everything in and about the White Fang wasn't resolved yet; so when the show decided to go the "save the world from an immortal being" route, the whole "stop the terrorist organization" plot is laughable at best.

Also, on top of the foundation being off, characterization is also off. Blake being a coward came out of nowhere. In V1 and V2 she was the main one on team RWBY that was OBSESSED with catching Torchwick and stopping the White Fang. She was a fighter then V3 rolls around and all of the sudden she's no more than a scared and abused girlfriend. Ruby always gave speeches, but she was also, hyperactive, overly optimistic and unsure of herself. V4-V6 really only keep her optimism. Ruby not being unsure of herself anymore, really destroys a bit of depth that she had.
Yang's shift from bubbly, thrill seeker to cynical bitch makes the most sense, given what's happened to her so that is actually something that worked.
Weiss' character arc finished in V4 at the party and she really hasn't had to anything to do in the plot and has had no stake in the plot for awhile now.
If things were planned out more and characters personalities weren't changed out of the blue, RWBY would be doing a bit better.
Despite this I still enjoy the show and hope it'll bounce back more in V7. V6 was a step in the right direction, but still a bit clumsy.

Attached: blake gives a yikes.png (436x399, 172K)

I want Ruby to lose both eyes but retain her power because it was always inside her bullshit. The important thing is Ruby becoming a blind swordswoman

Adam should be morally grey considering he come from a race of slaves and was branded. There are privileged house faunus that can assist to the Beacon academy and hang out with the humans but apparently there's a huge number or field faunus that live in slavery. Doing what's necessary for free others is essentially morally grey. Democracy wasn't achieved with good wishes and songs, it was a fucking manslaughter. Quoting Mao, political power grows out of the barrel of a gun

Attached: guillotin.jpg (450x274, 42K)

What was never right can't go wrong.

Its one of those shows where fan theories end up more interesting than canon

>Is Ozpin not the kind figure he seems to everyone

>No he just really sucks at his job

>Is there more to Weiss's dad than she thinks?

>No he really is a mustache twirling evil businessman who brands faunus for the heck of it

>Is Hazel really evil?

>No just retarded

>Is Adam justified in hating humanity and by extension Blake for abandoning the cause

>No he's just an incel

Attached: 1496863441472.jpg (600x552, 196K)

Honestly?
The fact that it progressively became less of a passion project, the visual improvements don't come anywhere near to compensating for that.
Nowadays most things in the show feel cold and calculated to appeal to the RT echo chamber and the fact that Miles refuses to accept any criticism whatsoever and dismisses it as "haters and trolls" leads me to believe it will only get worse.

Honestly the show was better when it was just kids in a school fighting monsters

Funny, one of the biggest criticisms back in the day was that such an interesting world/concept was being wasted on generic high school slice-of-life shit

Probably the same people who then complained about volume 3 turning the show too dark, sad and edgy.

This.
it’s the same people who complained about Ruby not doing enough in the story and immediately started whining about Ruby taking more initiative when volume 6 came around.

Reposting a classic

Attached: Waaaah why is RWBY dark.png (1082x243, 25K)

>Green text on a pink background
My eyes. How do people read that? Use Tomorrow theme.

Ruby acted like a brat in volume 6 when she said she and friends don't need any adults. Who was it who saved her from Tyrian? Qrow, an adult. The same adult who got poisoned because she tried to intervene. Ruby did 3 speeches in 3 episodes. 2 of them were directed to Qrow after he got all cynical and doubted her. 1 speech would have been fine, but not fucking 3. She took too much initiative in volume 6. Hopefully in volume 7 they will find a better balance.

>She took too much initiative in volume 6.
>t.Cinder
You scared about having that rematch Grimm Girl? Have to hide behind a cripple to beat up Little Red for ya?

Attached: ruby shit eating walk.gif (580x560, 59K)

The fact that Kali wasn't the main character and isn't in the show anymore.

Attached: kalitext2.png (439x557, 279K)

The first speech had one dumb line, the second was fine and the third was pretty much just to bait Cordovin into pointing her gun at her.
If you don’t like the speeches that’s fine, everyone’s got opinions, but the people who genuinely think team RWBY is in the wrong for stealing the airship are legitimately retarded.

It was Jaune's idea.