Shazam! talk back thread

It was alright. I expected a bit more Oomph when he said Shazam but with how often he switched back and forth I guess it makes sense to keep it a bit more muted.
The fights were a bit weak. The movie's strongest point was it's humor or when it's just Billy and his brother screwing around with his powers. Certainly could have been worse.

Attached: share.jpg (1200x630, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/328547549
slashfilm.com/lorenzo-di-bonaventura-pet-sematary-interview/3/
youtu.be/fh8ylMedDMM
youtube.com/watch?v=zWTbLZCR84k
youtube.com/watch?v=DritM-Gn7jo
youtube.com/watch?v=f3bzqzspXPI
youtube.com/watch?v=J0f3t9Z850M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This movie was no better than your average marvel flick, it was good just not that good as this board try to make it

I really liked it, one of my favorite Superhero movies in the last 2/3 years. It was the most solid DCEU movie so far.

I didn't like that Billy's personality was so different when he turned into a superhero. He's this jolly and energetic hero, but when he turns back, he's absolutely no fun to be around with.

Anyone see it in IMAX for the Godzilla preview?

vimeo.com/328547549

Hey bro, have you considered that it just didn't appeal as much to you as it did to others?

Attached: 52905187_148107592886167_6054296573107619797_n.jpg (516x516, 53K)

This. It's okay, but it's no Captain Marvel.

Is Shazam part of DC's Elseworld projects? I know DC heroes exist in this world but the movie seemed really meta, like almost jarringly so.
Felt like every other shot was DC hero paraphernalia with Batman and Superman logos. People wearing Aquaman shirts. And various hero emblems plastered all over the place.

i cant believe they really did it...the jar...i saw it and thought it was simply a fun homage...

>mfw they tease Black Adam but we won't even see him in the sequel

Attached: 1554146809540.jpg (540x507, 20K)

What movie is that song from? I've heard it a ton before.

I didn't like ATM gag. Especially that punchline with a fuck load of expensive gadgets. My Billy won't steal from the bank!

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

Attached: 68gu5roncml01.jpg (1125x1401, 123K)

Looks awesome, I love that Ghidorah's doing the chad stride

Attached: e83.png (2518x1024, 446K)

Are they recasting Superman? they didn't show his face for the cameo.

I know about Shazam from animations but never cared about the kids. I assume they all have just 1 of Shazam's powers?

I thought each of them got a full set. Some of them were doubling up on abilities.

>glimpse of burnign godzilla

He's coming.

Attached: destroyah.jpg (640x372, 103K)

Darl was only fast, Pedro seems only strong, Cripple was only flying

Any images yet?

>Vimeo has removed or disabled access to the video G IMAX as a result of a third-party notification by Warner Bros. that claims this material is infringing on their copyright.

THIS IS PROOF THERE ARE FUCKING SHILLS ON THIS SITE

Yeah that's been a fact for some time. Check out Yea Forums sometime

Well, your average Marvel flick nowadays isn't even as good as a Marvel flick.

What did Mary get then because it seemed like she was struggling to wrestle that tentacle monster.

Movie was meh, but one question

How the fuck did the children know about the Sins the villains hold or Shazam? There was never any point in the film where the villain mentioned it, and it's a key plot point to the climax of the film, so I genuinely want to know.

I was wondering that Stamina of Atlas or Courage of Achilles? The Asian kid has HADOKEN lightning.

Wisdom of Solomon?

That was the one point of the movie I was like wait what...how did they know they were called Sins? I can only assume while waiting for Billy he told them all at the house?

Stop. Just fucking stop.

The real question is when can we expect lewd images of Mary getting groped by tentacle monsters?

Attached: No this is Starro.png (800x610, 753K)

Never because Darla was best and purest girl.

So is it worth the ticket or wait for the blu-ray? My tastes include thinking Man of Steel was good and Wonder Woman was decent.

>Superman shows up at the end
YAY
>it's clearly a body double

Attached: Five-Alarm.jpg (350x320, 24K)

Go watch it. Someone special shows up at the end.

That hurt me, too. We miss you Henry

If you're looking for action or cutting edge effects you're not gonna find it here. Not every joke lands but the movie does have a few gems.

Dude just watch the movie for yourself, at worst you lose 10 bucks.

I liked, the only thing that bothered me was how Chrismassy it was, gives me the impression that it was originally a Christmas movies but they moved it to April to get more money or something.

I think he was consistent, the issues is we don't see his more light hearted side until after he becomes a superhero. So it gives the first impression is that he becomes goofy after getting the powers.

So was Black Adam a hologram or something? Did it look like Dwayne?

Black Adam never showed

They show a silhouette of "the previous champion" but it doesn't have any details and they don't mention him by name.

It was a image by the Wizard of Black Adam there was not much detail. Dwayne produced this movie; he'll be Black Adam.

They should have called the movie Hazam

i liked he never got his actual name it was making full of marvel stealing it.

Now that you mention it that makes a lot of sense.

I'm going to see it at the kinoplex tomorrow night bros, will I have to endure screaming children cheering at every scene?

SAY MY NAME GUYS! BILLY

>SAY MY NAME

Attached: american pie.jpg (500x521, 183K)

Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma from the opera Turandot

Anyone know what is the deal with burning musical instrument and a mirror inside Rock of Eternity? Is that some obscure Golden Age references or sequel hooks by Johns?

the audience's complete dead silence at the post credit reveal was worth it. Thank You WB.

Honestly one of my favourite cape movies of recent memory. I feel like there's not a lot of that classic wholesome heroic superhero who's just about saving people and inspiring people and shit, and I got my fix with this.
My only big problem is the quips, but the film manages to balance it out with legit dark shit and genuine emotional shit wtf
Also I was hyped as fuck when the kids started getting powers, it's such a fun direction for the story to go and I was so fucking happy they went there.
This movie just makes me happy, man. Makes me feel good.

Felt more like Raimi Spider-Man rather than the generic capeshit we've got the past 10 years.

it really had a throw back feel. like a movie from the 90s.

This. Movie had honest-to-god heart

Raimi-man had good fights.

>Is Shazam part of DC's Elseworld projects?
Nah he's firmly DCEU.

Isn't Black Adam getting his own movie?

>Dick head dad tells his son to stop asking for help
>Becomes a helpless cripple
I like this kind of irony. Fuck that dad.

Attached: 2xt5ws.jpg (500x719, 69K)

It was great.

But that's wrong, Captain Marvel was awesome

Captain Marvel was mediocre. Shazam was awesome

Some of the worst action of any superhero movie, Fantastic Four tier, really cheap looking CGI and some sloppy editing/amateurish direction. But really strong performances all around, even as a guy that normally hates child actors, Chuck was pitch perfect at the Big Red Cheese, loved Freddie (and later Marvel Jr), the schmaltzy score made it feel more like a Goonies or Last Action Hero and gave some life to an otherwise pretty sterile looking Philly, oh, and the big dumb rubber costume with faux muscles pretty much made the movie.

I felt this too at first, but him sharing snacks with Freddie explained it pretty organically, without having to out up a cocky rebel front he gets to do all the kiddy shit he missed out on, like a former pop star building a theme park and a zoo for his rape dungeon.

No. No it wasn't. Mediocre at best.

They have all the powers but are especially good at one.

>DC makes a genuinely great movie for the first time in 11 years
>it’s a flop
Just fucking end me already the DCEU is officially done bury the shit already and start from scratch

Attached: C7C96AF6-708E-471A-BF52-A17C17DB5BDC.png (602x339, 250K)

Marvel didn't really steal anything, DC legally bullied Whiz out of the comic business altogether and then there was no reason to keep paying for the Capt Marvel trademark, then by the time DC was licensing it, Marvel already had theirs and DC didn't wanna bother doing it and risking getting bullied back.

>it’s a flop
user, I'm sorry you're retarded

>I didn't like that Billy's personality was so different when he turned into a superhero. He's this jolly and energetic hero, but when he turns back, he's absolutely no fun to be around with.
That's because you're seeing Billy and Shazam as two different people. One of the best parts of the movie IMO was that you could imagine Asher Angel in place of Zachary Levi in a lot of scenes and it felt natural.

You need to remember that the very first scene of the movie is Billy tricking the cops and locking them in a store. He's a sad orphan but still a mischievous delinquent and it shows when he transforms.

I liked how the humor wasn't super super safe like the MCU, some cripple jokes, racial and spitting on a baby humor.

Just saw Shazam today and holy fuck Ghidorah and Goji literally were blasting and brawling each other.

This.
What the fuck, those scenes when the score comes is literally Raimi's Spider-Man.

Got another link?

The only fire related instrument I can recall form the Burning Age was Nero's Harp. Which was a Harp that had a Flamethrower attached to it, because it was the Golden Age and Otto Binder is a madman.

It will be fine

>That scene of doctor Sivana unleashing the demon of pride on the Pride Parade
What the fuck? I've thought it's a kids movie.

>Sivana making the tentacle monster attack and fondle Mary
Jesus, Raimi.

>Pride is literally one of the seven deadly sins

bravo

The meme is about making Raimi a racist, you horny piece of shit.

This movie got more laughs in 20 minutes in my theater than Captain Marvel got its entire runtime. With Captain Marvel a lot of the jokes not from Talos and Fury fell flat but here everyone got their time to shine.

Just for that scene alone, I am now convinced of seeing it in theatres, instead of waiting a few months to watch online.
That sounds absolutely savage

I enjoyed watching it, it was super comfy and it reminded me of being a kid watching Raimi's Spiderman for the first time.
It's a shame that Cavill didn't reprise his role for the cameo or that Mark Strong wasn't chosen as Lex Luthor, though he did a fine job being crazy.

Attached: 1554174738316.gif (300x250, 31K)

anyone have a cam, or at least the end scenes with marvel family?

Attached: Shazam-and-the-Marvel-Family.jpg (1600x800, 412K)

No, but Marvel Jr is the friend guy from The OC, now with wavy 50s hair (stand out casting, acts just like kid Freddie and I can't wait for more of him in 2), the black girl is disturbingly hot, Mary Marvel is a huge stepdown from Mary Batson the Asian guy doesn't have technopathy and the Latino guy is a manlet.

Attached: fpd2ag7tiio21[1].jpg (960x499, 55K)

Attached: 7oefny41hio21[1].jpg (960x531, 95K)

Mary's breasts grew way too big.

They're too cute dammit!

So what happens when Shazam makes a billion dollars too?
What happens when Godzilla makes a billion dollars?

Attached: billionaires.jpg (1186x673, 126K)

Making a billion dollars isn't even impressive anymore.

Adam Brody was also supposed to play the Flash in George Miller's Justice League movie. DJ Cotrona was also set as Superman. Pretty cool how they got a chance to be a superhero eventually.

Read comics.

Darla is cute

I did like Freddy's reaction. Love when movies end with such gag.

Is that the case, though? A billion dollars is a billion dollars, user. That's an absurd amount of money, but more importantly, people watching these things. People are going out and seeing these things, the characters are cementing themselves in the public consciousness, and that's going to have an effect on things for years to come. Suits notice this. Writers notice this. Artists notice this.

The time is coming when Captain Marvel is once again more popular than Superman. Expect Billy, Arthur, and Diana get significant pushes in the comics in years to come.

Attached: New Trinity.jpg (1084x610, 104K)

>What happens when Godzilla makes a billion dollars?
The Kaiju kino is coming. That trailer was fucking amazing.

>Making a billion dollars isn't even impressive anymore.
Yes it is retard, it's why they always flip shit when a movie does it even still.

>Expect Billy, Arthur, and Diana get significant pushes in the comics in years to come.
With Bendis writing for them!

I don't care how much money a movie makes, I care if a movie is good or not. Aquaman sucked, it made a billion dollars. Captain Marvel sucked, it made a billion dollars. Shazam was good, it probably won't make a billion dollars. I don't care.

you shut your whore mouth right this instant

Attached: No-DipperMable.png (1280x782, 148K)

It really isn't. Back when The Dark Knight made 600M domestic and a billion worldwide it was impressive because only like 5 movies ever had cracked the billion dollar mark and zero comic book movies had. Now it happens multiple times a year. It's not that impressive anymore.

But if you're a comics and cartoons fan, instead of a television and films fan, that is the one single thing you should care about. It's what $ that determines the comics and cartoons made of a character for years to come, and even if this only gets "good" money it has brought Billy back from the limbo.

It was a fun movie about a 14 year old street urchin with serious problems getting super powers.

Yeah, but then you get forced synergy and mediocre comics. I'm not a big fan of the current state of comic books. The new Joker movie is what I prefer. Low budget, one-off movie that isn't tied to some shitty shared universe where I need to watch a dozen other fair to middling movies for it all to make sense. No worries about a potential sequel ruining what made it great in the first place. Shazam had that same feel, but now that it's looking to be a big hit and well received, some suit is going to stick his nose in the sequel and likely ruin it.

Aquaman was fun and good, dumb dumb. And you not caring doesn't change the fact that a billion dollars is a success where the suits want it the most: the pocketbook. And that's going to translate into pushes for the marketing departments, the writers, everything to try and make more money. Shazam succeeding means new comics about the Marvel Family. Aquaman's success has already translated into some new comics fans for Arthur.

user I don't say this very often, so please, never post something like that again.

Comics have always been and always will be mediocre, more of them being made with a character that interests you just elevated the odds a good one will incidentally happens, IE look at how many stone cold classics overexposed Batman and Superman have.

>The new Joker movie is what I prefer.
Okay you're trying way too hard.

Attached: spiderman_ep09aa_zpswvm05pdw.jpg (706x537, 194K)

Now finish the rest of my post.

I did. And you're trying too hard, my dude.

literally nobody cares user

What does that even mean?

Did anyone catch the Miracleman reference?
Security guy at school was named Moran.

It was far better than anything the MCU has produced in recent years except for IW. It easily holds up with Phase 1 which is miles better than Phase 2 and 3. Average Marvel movie doesn't mean anything anymore since Disney has ensured the quality can be shit as long as the marketing is right

It was literally said that he acts differently because he is more confident now that he has powers

I'd say it's worth a watch. The jokes are actually not cringeworthy for once and some of them actually made me laugh which rarely happens. I don't know why people complain about the action scenes because it had plenty of interesting ones

Oddly enough, I agree. After seeing it, I felt like I like it more than some of my favourite cape movies because I have zero negative stuff to say about it

Dude, the budget was low as hell. The CGI and action was great considering that. I can't believe how much action they actually stuffed in this movie. Not even Deadpool had that much CGI action going on and it was around the same budget iirc
The actors were incredible. Darla was the shit, cutest performance I have ever seen

Marvel doing it so easily is impressive.

Fire Godzilla, it’s a temporary powerup kind of deal

Toho gets dabbed on

Attached: 785C99DC-379A-4196-84CE-5AED5F128A92.png (1197x856, 399K)

He had moustaches again

Mary and Freddy are balanced, but slightly weaker overall than Billy. Silver one is a technopath, green one is stronger, purple one is faster.

It won't.

Moron.

>Still at 93 percent
NO MARVELBROS YOU TOLD ME IT WOULD FALL FAR BELOW CAPTAIN MARVEL BY NOW

Attached: A193F354-DEB3-426E-B0E0-08453A32C5F1.jpg (600x800, 64K)

I love the movie but posts like these are the reason why there are company wars in the first place. Grow up

>IT WOULD FALL FAR BELOW CAPTAIN MARVEL BY NOW
They were talking about the part that actually matters

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-071707_Chrome.jpg (1079x1760, 690K)

w-will Billy be fine? I'm worried Endgame will rob him of long legs after great word of mouth.

I'm worried for the future of Shazam! movies, if it's a huge success they'd want to make more sequels, but since a bunch of the actors are kids they're going to have to rush the shit out of it like the Harry Potter movies and end up with some half assed sequels.

>Better than Black Panther, Thor 3, GoTG 2

Let's not get crazy here user. I thought the movie was ok, but there's no need to just lie to people like that.

>great word of mouth

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-072704_Chrome.jpg (1079x1334, 418K)

I wish it had better merch.

It's a shame but Captain Marvel will be far more successful than Shazam! simply because of the movies equivalent of Marvel vs. DC.

Was the tentacle monster attacking Mary the lust monster?

>marvel copies everything DC does
>even fake news

What happened to Envy?
He reformed after the lighting strike but didn't get sucked in to the ball.

Nothing fake about it Shazam actually is bombing hard

Won't even make $300 million

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-072634_Chrome.jpg (1075x1558, 644K)

Do the kids only have one power? Or are they all as strong as Shazam?

Oh man, you're right. I forgot fortune-telling was a science.

You know what I see when I gaze into Fibonacci's crystal ball? A shitposter responding to this in my immediate future. Piss off back to Yea Forums already.

WHY DOES HE KEEP DYING IN CAPE MOVIES OTHER THAN PAPA MIDNIGHT

CANT ANYONE MAKE HIM A FUCKING RECURRING CHARACTER

Attached: 228512E9-D89F-4888-9253-C1311198386C.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Maybe you should wait a couple more days

I think they have all power set but each focus on one thing for the sake of variety.

That was Henry as Superman right? Henry is going to be back right?

No and no

They all had some degree of Billy's flight, durability and superstrength. But more specific gifts like speed or lightning are divided between them.

The Maoyan score rose to 8.0 hopefully it will stay there.

Though it looks like the humor and type of movie Shazam is does not translate well in the foreign box office so far.

I'm not predicting a horoscope dipshit this is actual hard numbers

Unless families turn out in droves over the weekend it's getting $100 million at best worldwide. If it has the best second weekend dropoff ever that's $150 by the time Endgame comes out and wipes it out completely. Then it's Detective Pikachu, John Wick, Aladdin, and Godzilla so there's next to no possibility of it having amazing legs.

Probably Wisdom of Solomon or Courage of Achilles

In Russia Shazam is running similar to Justice League and Homecoming.

Hey waddya know? The crystal ball was right. Howdy, shitposter.

They lost me when they had a 23 yr old Mary turn into a 40 yr old Mary Marvel.

I mean who cast that? Hard Pass. Mary isn't supposed to be Billy's fucking Auntie.

Attached: no-sir-I-dont-like-it.gif (500x511, 121K)

I assume Adam will get a solo movie before showing up in Shazam 3?

Maybe 2 solo movies before the big Justice Society movie, and a heel turn in Shazam 3, followed by an antihero appearance in Shazam 4: Monster Society of Evil!

Attached: 1400128994209.png (308x308, 128K)

is superman showing up at the end going to be considered canon. With obviously them either re-casting superman as a black man or just replacing Superman with a super girl. Tim showing up at the end of this movie now makes no sense because we will never see him again

Darla stole the show for me
She was adorable and well-cast

No

Attached: FA8E656C-60AD-438C-BBFE-D2DF2AB2358E.jpg (637x354, 22K)

FINALLY! YOU GUYS FINALLY FIND OUT

Superman can always be off somewhere busily being heroic and theoretically inspirational while other less damaged heroes feature in the movies for a while.

This, every scene she was in she stole and was fucking adorable doing it

I loved that Credit Sequence animation, felt very much like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, I would love to see an animated Shazam film in this style or a book series.

Also Shazam driving the batmobile to take WW to prom

No it wasn't, Carolfag

The credit sequence reminded me a lot of the Deadpool ones, just better all-around
I'm all for credit sequences that are more than just stylized 3D graphics flying by

A party with the lads

Attached: 1551919030479.jpg (1600x686, 268K)

Expect we do faggot

I love this picture because Captain Marvel made more than the other pieces of shit will ever dream of

Though I'm sad you losers still haven't added Alita yet

Is that good or bad?

It still hasn't reached Aquaman yet

Bad. Very bad

Lol all the old people in my theater busted their guts laughing at every little gag, while I laughed at the spitting on a baby joke and the retail of the theater was dead silent

Shazam Darla gives me weird thoughts, lads.

I-is it technically pedophilia?

I laughed at this at first, then I remembered that it actually fucking happened. Wtf

Give it another week

This, it needs Alita.
The rectal agony when Captain Marvel surpasses Aquachad worldwide will be spectacular.

Aw man :(

i love this pic

Attached: 1552036212971.jpg (615x2405, 200K)

What would it matter, both Captain Marvel and Aquaman surpassed a billion, they have no business shitting on each other. They're in the same class as Batman, Iron Man, Captain America, and Black Panther for title characters having movies making over a billion, they're not special.

Wait and see.

Darla's adult actress is insanely hot, I remember seeing her in a few shows like Californication and she's a goddamn 10/10

I thought it was fun. Like Aquaman it was more of what I want in a good ol superhero action film than big dramafests some of the MCU/DCEU stuff had started to make cape movies be.
CG wasn't flawless but wasn't bad enough to upset me like it did in Venom. Plus the visual ideas were silly enough that they would seem unrealistic no matter how worked on.
Action was alright. Loved the characters.

I might see it again just to catch all the eastereggs. I SWEAR THE FOSTER HOUSE HAS A MULIVERSE MAP.

Yeah my friend thought the same thing.
He was saying that now that everyone has figured out how they want these movies done like a formula, we'll lose the few 9-10/10s but also lose all the 1-5/10, and that all cape movies will be pretty much 7/10s all the way from here on out.

>Mark Strong lives and will be back

Thank fuck. I love you Mark

I will personally be giving Godzilla like $100 of my own money so we just need 10mil more obsessed nuts like me.

You can't overlook the power of popularity through other mediums.

Just look at Swamp Thing. One movie (which I have no clue how successful it was financially I'm assume positive) and it spawned a movie sequel, a cartoon, and a continuation of the comic that led to Alan Moore's run and now we have had hundreds of issues worth of Swamp Thing that might have ended with the original bronze age run if not for one movie doing passable numbers.

Yeah just like in Green Lantern

Swamp Thing made single-digit millions.
Return of Swamp thing didn't even crack 200k.
It mainly spawned a cheap tv show.

DC has been churning up old properties forever, there was almost no possibility that there wouldn't be a Swamp Thing comic again at some point.

Because if he spends too much time one a single role, Idris Elba will steal up all the other roles.

Attached: MV5BNzEzMTI2NjEyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTA0OTE4OA@@._V1_.jpg (1363x2048, 585K)

God that movie was such garbage but Strong was so great as Sinestro. It's a fucking crime.

Tell that to Amethyst which had to wait till N52 just to get a brief series.

Another example is Thor. Big character in Marvel Comics but for a long time not the biggest name to non-comic readers. In the movie Adventures In Babysitting, a Q&A with one of the actors I went to talked about how they went with the girl being obsessed with Thor because back then Thor was dirt cheap to get use rights for. He even joked about how just name dropping Captain America once cost the studio more than all the Thor stuff. But now days Thor is treated as popular as Spider-Man or X-Men.

Unironically, why is this movie flopping? I heard only good things about it.

Attached: 1520532538615.png (1073x838, 888K)

Terrible trailers, DC is box office poison, everyone is saving up for multiple viewings of Endgame, etc.

The list is endless

Unironically?
It's too family friendly for edgy Zoomers.
It has too much violence and adverts underage drinking in the trailers, oops there goes the Grandparents/Grandkids crowd.
Generation X is just staring at Endgame trailers obsessively.
So it ends up appealing to Millenials who think clowning for Youtube is high hilarity, and DChads.

Can that even be confirmed? It literally just came out.
Or is this like a "doesn't make 500mil opening weekend must be a flop" expectations meme?

I don’t know why but I thought the black lady mother joke was great and the school guard jokes were the best. “oh is this the guard you’ve been telling me about?” “No this one sucks”

But all movies (except for Justice League i believe) Made profit

His Sinestro was amazing. They wasted the perfect casting.

Strong would make a wonderful Prof X

Why did Billy say "You're my mother" before even seeing who's behind the door in the opening sequence? He's had this conversation like seventy times before.

Wouldn't be surprised if many anons have this mindset in this thread.

>Unironically, why is this movie flopping
It just fucking came out yesterday

Thursday receipts and presales incidcate a 45-50 million domestic opening weekend.
That's not exciting in this, the hottest genre in theaters right now.

Justice League killed it

Aquaman only had a $60 million opening weekend if it weren't for December and "fuck you it's January" it would have been just as much of a bomb as Shazam

>He's had this conversation like seventy times before
But THIS time it'd might be the one, and he wants to do it right.

On that note, anyone else loved the little detail of how different the memories were? Surprisingly subtle and mature for this type of film.

Capeshit always makes me nervous in the theatre. They're a very obvious crossover in demographics to where half the trailers are kids movies and the others are aimed at teens/ adults. Last one I saw had a PG-edited trailer for a very R-rated comedy (What Men Want). I personally don't care but I always anticipate audience complaints because junior heard the phrase "sexual position" or whatever. I'm not even an associate manager anymore and my mind still drifts to "oh boy parents aren't gonna like that"

>Aquaman only had a $60 million opening weekend
Ok and? It still made a shit ton of money though

He said “I think You might be my mom”

i like how nonchalant the city is that there is a superhero walking around

It really hurts this movie that they didn't build a DCEU that it could be an offshoot of and reference a bit more directly.
Instead it just throws out costumes and merch and hopes audiences connect them to better iterations of the World's Finest.

Snyder probably did several billion dollars damage to the DC movie franchise, when all is said and done.

Doctor Sivana did nothing wrong.

>doing so bad theaters are getting rid of your movie and claiming "technical issues"

Read the rest of the post you retarded fuck

Attached: D3YUd-mWwAAt3mX.png (2047x985, 213K)

Well they do live in a world of heroes. I assume it's like if a Celebrity came to town and was just walking about.

That's mostly because of good word of mouth and no competition.
Shazam is fucking great and it deserves to do billions, but in 3 weeks Avengers gets released and then it's done.
They only have a 21-day window for this shit to make cash, and they already have the benefit of Hellboy looking like shit, but it's a bit of a bad situation.
Let's see how far word of mouth can take this film

Solid $5.9M THU pre-shows and $9.2M total when adding in previews from 2 wks ago. All set for #1 opening at boxoffice

Not being the Chosen One isn't justification for unleashing the demons on the world.
There were several billion other "not-Chosen Ones".

3D version? The theatre I work at was having content ingestion issues all day yesterday so they had to cancel the 3D Shazams and every show of Best of Enemies
Not sure if it's fixed today or not

>All set for #1 opening at boxoffice
It's up against a very meh Pet Semetary rehash and limited releases.
It wasn't impressive when Dumbo did it either.

Pet Sematary could have surprised. It's a well known IP and A Quiet Place was tracking similarly but overperformed a lot and opened to 50 million. But that's not happening again it seems.

Dumbo opened to 2.6 thursday previews (with no earlier previews)

he was being a little bitch

>smoking hot Mary turns into uglier average looking Mark Marvel

Why did they do this

>darla turns into fucking smoking hot Darla Marvel

Okay

Anyone else afraid they will make Black Adam a anti-hero and not evil villain?

Attached: 59CFF888-2BB3-40D0-A2F5-DFF3CA1FB044.jpg (480x480, 27K)

Nice marketing there Warner.

That's exactly the way Rock sees Adam. Maybe he wouldn't even kill his nephew in the past, to make Adam more relatable.

>”gonna be honest, I thought Lust would be a lot hotter”

I laughed.

So like...what WAS his name? Did they ever officially decide on Shazam?

was pretty good as a whole but there's some weak/lacking parts that would have made it great:

1. needs some more and better fight scenes.
this actually hurts its rewatchability for the average viewer who watches these movies for the spectacles.

2. sivanna never actually got confronted/challenged on his views of a family by billy.
they had the built up the contrast and comparison between the two yet they never really touch this up against each other. sivana didn't try to talk down/mock him for being attached to other people nor did billy really get to tell him about how his family give him strength.

3. shazam is already looked up as a good hero even while he was causing lots of problems at the start.
I mean I realize WB wants to break out from that sort of tone, it is established in the DCEU how really judgmental and suspicious the public is with their superheroes. from the looks of things, shazam has probably caused more harm than good. also being called out by freddie didn't hold a lot of weight considering freddie was just as much of an accomplice on the shit billy was doing and was also selfishly using shazam as a way to make himself look better.

Attached: 1443376007547.jpg (5000x5000, 2.96M)

how many other chosen ones were chlidren despised by their own family and no sense of belonging?

the humor doesn't translate in non-English speaking countries

>The movie's strongest point was it's humor or when it's just Billy and his brother screwing around with his powers.

Thank OP, thats all I need to know to not see it until it rolls over on streaming...

WB choose a terrible release date just weeks before Avengers 4 come out. You can thank Tsujihara the ex-ceo of WB.

>it is established in the DCEU how really judgmental and suspicious the public is with their superheroes
Nah, they threw that shit out the window with Snyder. If you really want an in-universe explanation, I imagine the events of Justice League have changed the world's view of Supers.

The action was ass, there's a scene where Levi is falling and he looks like a bobblehead.

They chose the best release date at the time because Avengers wasn't scheduled for April.
Releasing it during summer could face more direct competition instead of only in the 4th weekend, and WB is already gonna release Joker in October so they wanted more space between capeshit releases (as they should).

It still looks better than Wonder Woman with half the budget though

>mfw Dr Savanna's dad is Lionel Luther
>Mark Strong would've made a great Lex Luthor
>Idris Elba as Deadshot instead of John Stewart
What is it with all the miscast

>Somebody, save me!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

The wizard mentioned them in the hologram scene

Shazam needs a new suit in future appearance

1 M I L L I O N D O L L A R S U I T

>having lunch with my aunt while she battles cancer
>try and get her out of the house as much as possible
>occasionally go to the movies
>see a trailer for Shazam
>Shazam? As in Captain Marvel Billy?
>Surprised as fuck by this question, my aunt hates super heroes
>yeah, that’s right, wanna go see it?
>Hell yes I do! I remember watching that as a little girl!
We going to go to tonight’s show around 5. Can’t wait.

it didn't really cost 1 million dollars, that was wildly exaggerated
and the design is good, they should have just made it more defined like MoS, and did something better for the padding on the shoulders because that's really the most distracting part
Batman wears a padded suit but people don't complain for some reason.

Presale number I understand finding but how is it people have calculated Thursday total sales about 12 hours after theater closing?
These aren't nonprofits with expense and profits on display for all to see, it would take them actually getting the numbers, choosing to release them, and someone gathering all that info from dozens or hundreds of theater franchises. Or looking at thousands of theater screenings on websites and seeing how many unsold seats were on screentimes exactly at movie start time.

He’s just a wife and brother-in-law from being a hero
Waller, Sivana and all those mad scientists no one cares about need to pay for what they did to them

Attached: 9FF84E93-0A08-4D3B-9C36-50C93081512B.jpg (678x678, 273K)

>flop
Yeah, I still vividly remember the Spider-Verse threads full of anons shitting themselves over the movie not making Frozen money. Shazam had an $80 mil. budget. It could make peanuts and still turn a profit.

Attached: 1544021338975.png (641x533, 674K)

According to Mark Hughes at Forbes it needs 230 million to break even. I'd say 300 million just to be sure. It will probably reach 400 million.
But it's sad that it's not doing more.

Anybody else notice Sivanna’s Dad is the guy Uma Thurman Ivy kills after she emerges from the chemicals?

$400 million is impossible, $300 million is unlikely, $230 million is questionable

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-124754_Chrome.jpg (1079x1416, 642K)

It's actually really sad. DC just can't win.

>DC just can't win.
Well, at least Shazam is a good movie

>Sivana in his prison cell in the post credits scene
>Mister Mind appears

I was kind of hoping for pic related, but that's great too

Attached: Sivana panel.jpg (320x260, 31K)

And?

Newsflash: when a good movie bombs they don't make more of them

The problem with throwing it out is that audiences can have surprisingly long memories for this shit so they'll feel like the change was unearned. Sort of like how a lot of people were turned off on the about-face they did with Superman in Justice League where suddenly we're supposed to miss the guy and act like he was being friendly to kids all along.

>when a good movie bombs they don't make more of them
Worked for Bumblebee and Spiderverse

They made over $300 million and even then Bumblebee is going back to the Bayformers formula

This won't

>his won't
Why are you so sure?

>Bumblebee is going back to the Bayformers formula
Uh no, TF's sequel is not following up on Age of Extinction anymore.

WHO?

Spider-verse made back 4x it's budget. That math doesn't equal a flop user.

No please get him off Superman and onto some other character. Please

>he doesn't know

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-130910_Chrome.jpg (1079x1053, 581K)

It was fun, and actually knew how to be a comedic superhero movie correctly.

Because unlike you dipshits I pay attention to things outside of Yea Forums like actual box office sites

If trash like Jurassic World can make a billion, a decent monster movie like Godzilla should be able to

Attached: Godzilla-King-of-the-Monsters.jpg (1200x628, 277K)

Nope it's going to be crushed by Aladdin

>Dumbo 2.0
sure, everyone's gonna love will smith as an uncanny cg blue sperm

>he lives under a rock
slashfilm.com/lorenzo-di-bonaventura-pet-sematary-interview/3/

That’s cute as fuck and I’m glad you get to do something like that with your aunt. I hope she gets better.

Shazam! grossed an estimated $16.4M in China on Friday.

Thanks user, I’m sure she’ll get better, the rain for the past month has made it hard for us to get up and go for a walk, the doctors have said that little bit of exercise each day is doing her wonders, but she has to keep doing it everyday, and that’s the hard part.

The characters in the 2D animation credits looked like South Park characters drawn in off model style.

Body of an adult and mind of a 5 year old

My favorite

I can’t wait for all the gay art

I don't think you know what South Park looks like.

T H I S

Aladdin's gonna get buttfucked by Pikachu

Why was Mary such a jobber bros?

>Why was Mary such a jobber bros?
She is a woman in skirt.

You are a faggot and I can’t belive no one else has pointed this out.

I was shocked they actually had his parents be normal shitty parents.

That's really sweet.

>Shazam playing raiden in mk
Heh

I died when she saves Santa and then whispers her name and says she's been a good girl to him because she thinks it's the real actual Santa Clause.

True. Memories can get really fucked after a decade, so seeing basically the same flashback in her bleak perspective was really fuckin' neat.

Darla gets speed.
Pedro gets strength.
Asian kid gets lightning.
Based Freddy gets flight.
Mary gets thickness.
Pretty based for me desu

>"My name is Darla, and I've been REALLY good."

Oh god fucking damnit please tell me I'm not the only one who thought that was kinda hot

Attached: 1519801715047.jpg (215x228, 8K)

user, there are 12 year old kids watching this.

I've been having guilty boners since yesterday, user. I feel you

So is Freddy or Mary supposed to be the heroine of the story?

Attached: D226oSvVYAA-QBy.jpg (428x600, 47K)

One positive about Shazam bombing is that there won't be any BillyxFreddy fanart

Just wait

>Mary gets diddled.

FTFY.

Don't bully Mary you fuckhead.

>With obviously them either re-casting superman as a black man
Michael B Jordan himself said the smart idea would be to adapt Calvin Ellis instead of just replacing Cavill as Clark.

it should, but the world is not fair

So I came back from watching the film and I loved it. I just have a few thoughts
>I liked them streamlining Sivana's origin and his antipathy towards Billy but I think him becoming Mr Mind's lackey after being the 7's lackey will be bad for his character he needs to get a chance to stand on his own legs and clear his name so he can get married and have those kids
>Mary (non-powered) was great but powered up I feel she needed a lot more and the other Marvel's ended up outshining her
>Darla was fantastic in both forms but there weren't enough shots appreciating her thickness in adult form
>Muscle Shazam needs a lot more in his non powered forms because he was the least interesting as a regular kid
>Eugene is vastly improved from the comic. Making him a gamer is vastly superior to technomancy. Thanks for avoiding references to Fortnite
>Billy had a great arc and I like the fact he has ordinary parents who didn't know the Wizard
>I'm not sure how Adam will fit in especially if he isn't a full blown villain
>Finally everyone captured the sense of kid in adults body except Mary who already acted like an adult as a kid

>>Eugene is vastly improved from the comic. Making him a gamer is vastly superior to technomancy.
This, he was surprisingly fun while being lame as fuck in the comics.

Is this movie really flopping? It just came out today

>ask the magic ball if you're man enough to throw me out of the room

Attached: laugh.gif (290x189, 2.9M)

This movie is so much better than literally everything else that has come out of the shitstorm that was the DCEU that it's not even funny.

Is Mary important in the comics?

Where the hell is the Mary tentacle porn?!

Felt a lot like the early MCU movies where they still had heart and didn't feel commercial and generic. Definitely the best cape flick of the year so far, Captain Marvel can't even compete

What's that? The good stuff isn't selling but the crap did? Good to see the movies have emulated the comic market perfectly

Came out 2 days earlier in Europe

No it's not flopping. It wont make much profit though

Oh you poor soul

Nobody gives a shit about Europe

DC fucking ruined their reputation by letting Hack Snyder have full reign of their cinematic universe and now that they're finally putting out some good shit no one trusts them anymore.

early MCU movies sucked balls

Dumbass

I was expecting them all to say a different one of the twenty names Freddy coined

It took this long for then to realise that people want superheroes being superheroes from their superhero movies, and now they've bombed their universe so thoroughly that it doesn't even fucking matter.

box office does

she's a key member of the family and it was just her and Freddy for 98% of the comics. Also she's Billy's real sister in the original series

only came out today in the UK

What was the biggest laugh at your theatre? For me it was the scene where Sivana was monologuing but Billy couldn't even hear him.

>but I think him becoming Mr Mind's lackey after being the 7's lackey will be bad for his character

He's going to betray Mr. Mind the first chance he gets.

Billy teleporting everyone to the strip club

That was a great moment. Sivana's family barely dodging the first truck, only to be run over again was also comedic gold.

When Billy put a mattress underneath the guy during the bus scene, my theater really loved it.

yeah but how will he be a threat as a normal man? In the first comics he was so ahead of his field scientifically that's his mathematics formula basically acted as magic and he stole the power multiple times. He has the magical sequence but he doesn't seem like he's close to cracking it yet

she was the last one on his list of 70 something possibilities. He was pretty sure she was the one that time.

So now that Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman exist and show what good DC movies look like, can people finally stop pretending BvS was anything other than a piece of shit?

Attached: wonder_woman_and_billy_batson__by_sinezzing_dasc83b-pre.jpg (774x1033, 103K)

PROTECT

Attached: meet-faithe-herman-the-this-is-us-and-shazam-star-2-12645-1548708087-0_dblbig.jpg (625x415, 62K)

>
I'm just waiting for all the potential ss between Billy and Diana

Now that DC has fun movies DCucks can stop pretending that they hate fun and that Snyder's edgy garbage is what they wanted

on the 3rd in france, Sweden, Italyn Netherlands, yesterday in russia

I only just now realized where I knew her actress from
youtu.be/fh8ylMedDMM
Explains why I liked her so much, I like this commercial a lot

but today's numbers are not counted

>Billy's mum was a dumb selfish Thot who got knocked up by a criminal Chad and then fell I to another abusive relationship didn't learn her lesson
Who said superhero movies aren't realistic?

I got off of it just now
Holy shit

>They actually gave____ to ______
>That ending
>The post credits

I didn’t think I would enjoy it more than Aquaman but it was fucking great for it’s own reasons.

>They actually gave____ to ______
What did he mean by this

I don’t want to spoil it but I’m pretty sure the ones who did knows what I mean

>getting a baby at 17

Dumb whore, stupid dumb whore, retarded dumb whore

It’s Mr. Mind

I figured she died but that was so much better

Mall Santa gags was great

DC knows how to be comedic better than Marvel, Wonder Women. Aqua Man and now Shazam were amazing

>post yfw the Marvel Family was formed

Attached: 7B321BEC-6A9E-4549-97DD-64EFB477D792.jpg (800x547, 201K)

>Mall Santa shitting his pants when he saw Sivana again
Fucking hilarious

>The rest of the fucking kids got Shazam’d

Does this normally fucking happen? That was amazing

I didn't think they were going to do it

Attached: giphy.gif (300x300, 2M)

>The fucking Dora movie during the trailers

What the FUCK

Attached: 4788EE03-0332-46B8-A8CE-1A4AE01EBBCA.jpg (538x445, 73K)

Attached: 080C4533-7F9D-4EFD-ACCD-5D29EE3D381B.gif (300x223, 1.41M)

My only big issue w/ BvS was when they finally started fighting one another. Leading up to that it was pretty solid. Not a big fan of how Snyder just dusted Jimmy Olsen, though.

The extended cut was far better and patched up a lot of the holes the theatrical version had. It's by no means an amazing film, but then again neither is 85% of the shit MarvelDisney shits out but they are immune to criticism for some reason

>Spend most of the movie wanting to adopt and protect Darla
>mfw her Shazam form is hot
Th-that's my daughter...

Attached: e07-1.jpg (480x542, 37K)

If it was realistic Billy Batson would have got sexually abused and filmed when he tried to get by himself.

I mean, maybe he was. But you know, family movie and all.

It won't make any profit

At best it will barely break even

Billy is for Courtney!
Read a book, dude

The idea was that he was constantly running away from foster homes regardless of where he ended up to look for his mom

The family that adopted him didn’t want to deal with it

I get why the movie flopped -- the beginning was far too slow. It takes 20 minutes for Billy to meet the wizard and an eternity before he becomes Shazam. Why? The backstory is not that complex. We didn't need to start the movie with 20 minutes of filler.

>EVERYBODY GRAB ON
>NOW SAY MY NAME
>Billy
>Billy
>Billy
>Billy

Attached: 6709D8E1-0B21-4A79-8CE3-09C3B92D2221.png (402x261, 237K)

All the kids were fucking great. Pretty impressive.

>Courtney
Jai?

>Filler

You inbred fucking retard.

Low-key one of my favorite moments in the film. Then he just fuckin' CHUCKS the dude out.

It’s been a fucking day. How is it flopping you retard?

At this rate we'll never see him on a big screen

Attached: X.jpg large.jpg (750x759, 80K)

Yes

And where did he stay while he was on the run? You know foster children are in high-risk group when it comes to sexual abuse.

Sivana was great considering his limited screen time. I loved his first confrontation with Billy where he's just no-selling him the entire time.

Stargirl

Its trolling brah, Ladderbro literally can't be subtle about it.

Billy is for harems

Zack is pathetic. He keeps posting shit on twitter on how he’d do things in an effort to stay relevant

It takes half the movie for Clark to become Superman in Superman 1978
Why are audiences so retarded nowadays?

Someone should just out the poor hack out of his misery.

The internet has reduced our attention spans to nubs.

So what's the deal with the DCEU now? Is it a thing? I know Affleck dropped out but is /ourguy/ cavill still playing supes?

>teen pregnant mom
>dad in prison for 10 years

Was Billy secretly black?

>is /ourguy/ cavill still playing supes?
No that's why the cameo is from the neck down

Mary didn't look that hot but her scenes must have flashed by too fast

Boomer coming for that bussy

Attached: D227RxqX0AAip15.jpg (723x1084, 80K)

Alright name a better super hero sequences
youtube.com/watch?v=zWTbLZCR84k
youtube.com/watch?v=DritM-Gn7jo
i'm waiting

You can say whatever you want about him but no one come close to him when it comes to visuals and fighting choreography

Good. You just know they'll fuck him up somehow

My memory must be a Swiss cheese, since I remember people saying that this song - youtube.com/watch?v=f3bzqzspXPI - was in the movie, but I saw it yesterday, and can't for the love of god remember where it played. Please, remind?

We don't know. WB and DC are in a period transition since they dumped Snyder and now fired the CEO of WB as well as gotten rid of Diane Nelson the person who use to run DC for WB.

His scripts are shit so it doesn’t fucking matter, you easily impressed dunce

I misread this as "Just say the N word".

I've been spending too much time on this damn website.

Half-filled theather at 11 am on Thursday for me, I'd say it was okay given the time. Also, dub was surprisingly good (loved the school security scene).

They didn't fuck him with his last appearance youtube.com/watch?v=J0f3t9Z850M

My theatre was about a 3/5ths full at a 16:50 showing. I don't know if that's good or bad. I'd say a decent mix of ages

Video games =/= Live action movies

This is their second transition

The first was Johns being promoted which gave us Aquaman and Shazam

What are you talking about
She's the one holding the fucking demons at bay while the other kids are still learning there powers. She was curb stomping gluttony. So what she ran into some trouble with lust? She did a good job and far from jobbed even if they never focused on her. Also she was the one to figure out billy needed to remove the matrix first.

Guess you're going to have to watch it again because it has a credit in the movie

Technically also WW since Heinberg was one of his friends and the script/story apparently had his input.

And the sequel since they were working on that before he got fired for Justice League

they should have shown more of her. here's on reason she should have gotten less screen time. The action scene was already so long an extra 2 minute scene wouldn't have killed anyone

You just love eating shit don't you?

Attached: 1554411677606.jpg (2217x1805, 1.02M)

What do you think the break even point is?

BILLY!

based russian bots saving good american cinema

So was the tentacle coming out of the door just a random tentacles or does it have any resemble to any DC character?

the humor seems fine for most of the world, but the dubbings have been awful, they detroy the performances which is the main thing in this film

>Half-filled theather at 11 am on Thursday for me,
That doesn't sound bad

How is it bad when Justice League made 600mil and homecoming 800mil?

Yeah what you're describing is a little thing called world building.

Break even point is confirmed to be $230 million and with the way it's going now that's going to be tough to reach much less get far enough past for WB to make any profit

>Has the wisdom of Solomon
>Doesn't use it to make loads of money

It's similar to what Homecoming did but without Papa Tony and Peter not really collecting hero paraphernalia to sell for like the Superman bullet.

That's worldwide moron

They bombed hard at the Russian box office

Wisdom =! Hyper intelligence.

>Russian box office
>slavs
>relevant
>ever
wew

Really? I hate it because frogposters are a taint

What is relevant dipshit? You losers already said China wasn't and I bet when it bombs here you'll say domestic box office is irrelevant too

It's a good reminder that Yea Forums is always wrong and any movie they support is doomed to fail

Attached: 1552406544828.jpg (720x480, 154K)

>Break even point is confirmed to be $230 million
It will be fine then. Even terrible movies everyone hates earn double their opening

>that konjak cameo

Attached: D3UsEFvU0AAelhx.jpg large.jpg (1464x790, 152K)

Who?

When they have little competition. Something like Shazam going against Endgame and all the huge movies after that? It won't even make as much as King Arthur or Geostorm

Man Lionel was a real asshole to Lex and Thad.

But Yea Forums did not supported Shazam, you MCUshills have non-stop shit on it then the moment Levy said something in favor of Brie the /pol/fags that infest both boards joined you lot.
Now you both groups of losers are posting about it bombing even when is doing solid.

The guy holding the panda plushie is Joakim Sandberg, also known as konjak, developer of some well known indie games like Iconoclasts or Noitu Love.
He happens to be the brother of the director of this movie, David F. Sandberg, and he got a little cameo in it.

Attached: header.jpg?t=1547460963.jpg (460x215, 143K)

Huh, so it's a Yea Forums cameo?

Jesus Ladderbro give it a rest, we know its you.
You literally can't change your desperate way of shitposting thanks to your autism.

>But Yea Forums did not supported Shazam
Don't even fucking start with your retarded revisionist bullshit.

You could say so.

There is like 3 weeks between endgame and Shazam, how are they competing?

No fuck you, Yea Forums has been calling this a reddit zoomer shit pile from the get go.
And the moment it started getting acclaim from RT it sealed its fate.

>It won't even make as much as King Arthur or Geostorm
But it's set to make more than King Arthur's entire Box office in it's opening weekend. And King Arthur itself is a movie that made more than double it's opening

Dude, how are you falling for a troll that has been literally posting the same posts in this same thread, over and over again?
He is not even good at it, in Yea Forums they even made him admit that going by the same bro-math that he is doing half the MCU underperformed.

Bull fucking shit you're not going to get rid of months of "the REAL Captain Marvel is going to dab on Captain Fungus" by pretending to be fucking retarded

He's said before it's competing with Aladdin and comes out in the end of may

>mfw the post-credits scene comes on and no one else has any idea what's happening

Attached: 1368642905246.jpg (750x906, 146K)

based lionel hating baldies

Attached: C4374E36-C117-4FAA-8CD1-F8F1DD4937A3.jpg (1711x2930, 911K)

In what world that shit is Yea Forums backing up Shazam?
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Because this is my first time in a Shazam thread

I love how the film even foreshadows it unlike all other post-credits scenes in these types of films

>in Yea Forums they even made him admit that going by the same bro-math that he is doing half the MCU underperformed.
Oh I remember that. You guys wanna know how much Iron Man 2 lost using his math? 120million

Yeah I wasn't prepared to see Mr Mind at the rock at the start. Then they show that his jar was smashed. I'm kinda annoyed now that I knew he was in the after credit scene

She’s so freaking Adorable it hurts

Attached: 9E8751D0-6D3D-4C15-9080-E6356FD8E475.png (800x800, 315K)

I too want to see Billy take Diana to prom

Kinda wish that Francesca made a cameo since it was based off of Geoff John's Shazam! But I think they're saving her for Black Adam.

Just left the theater, was Superman Henry Cavill?

Why? Did you leave before the mid credits?

I don’t think so, it was probably just a stand in

No they would have shown his face if it was

>Zap cash machine
>Create Youtube videos
>Do street performance

Everything in the trailers

The way he talks makes me wonder, are they going for dimensions eater worm? But what's all this about the seven worlds

Nah I just would have been more hyped to see him

>being placed in the top 50 highest grossing films of all time isnt impressive.

>But what's all this about the seven worlds
It's something Johns is setting up in his current run

Have no idea what the fuck you're talking about but as long as you retards are entertaining yourselves

>All the projections show it bombing
>it is

Love it. You deserve it

isnt shzam pretty much guaranteed to only do kind of fine and nothing more? A billion seems like a farcry

Attached: 1463517804793.jpg (1200x1200, 123K)

Imagine thinking this

Never going to happen

for either of them

Attached: Flopzilla.jpg (1079x238, 66K)

Fucking retard. You can't even follow a conversation

It released yesterday, retard

Good thing predictions have never been wrong

We talking Thor 7 world's stuff?

And it's already bombing

>Adult Darla

Attached: 1369040833355.jpg (125x124, 4K)

A blurry 3D hologram image of the past.

>Bombs first week
>Is buried by Endgame

feels comfy

I don't know why people here seem to think this Godzilla film will make a billion when the first film and Kong made under 600. I suppose it's possible but I wouldn't take it as a certainty. WB doesn't actually make a lot of billion dollar movies

They weren't for Aquaman, they weren't for Captain Marvel, and they aren't for Shazam.

I get that denial is your guys' thing but they're usually more right than wrong

I fucking love Mr. Mind

Well Billy I made it. Despite your directions.

Attached: 1554465562308.jpg (1024x428, 51K)

That one does look low to me though. The last Godzilla movie opened at 90mil

>Company warrior

Is not

>When Godzilla looked better than your film

OOF

It probably will be low. Endgame will still be riding high then there's Detective Pikachu and Aladdin plus people didn't really care for the last Godzilla and the trailer views for the new one are pretty low plus they attached 5 minutes to the front of Shazam and no one cared.

Attached: D3RYn-0UYAA3CA6.jpg (1200x1200, 145K)

Is

>All these Marvelfags trolling in the thread

God they are annoying

Attached: The+face+alone+makes+for+a+good+reaction+image+_800f0330f73c8142e30e8124d7b88a5a.png (163x178, 56K)

Not

Why the fuck does it smell like Yea Forums in here?
Not even Yea Forums is this autistic about book sales.

You mean Lex Luther’s dad?

Who the fuck was the worm in the post credits

I just want the film to be profitable enough to warrant a sequel. But if it is a one and done I'll have to content like I am with Dredd

Mr Mind. Shazam's main antagonist. Fuck Black Adam

?

I haven't felt paternal instincts this strong since Clementine.

Attached: darla.jpg (397x553, 132K)

Mr. Mind.
That fucker is dangerous and is the mastermind of organizing many different Captain Marvel villains.

I'd say Sivana is his main antagonist

I mean, spiderverse really was just barely able to avoid being a flop.

He also looks adorable in his tiny cowboy hat

>You know you don't HAVE to hug me all the time
BILLY YOU LITTLE SHIT

Attached: Now I'm mad.png (846x524, 754K)

>Spiderverse really was just barely able to avoid being a flop.
Because you can never really know how much a films marketing was, tax breaks, merchandising deals and product placement a safe bet is a film earning 3x it's budget isn't a flop

>Ever turning down a hug from precious Darla
>Ever making Darla sad for even a second
Pure of heart my ass

Attached: 1364682679334.png (341x363, 162K)

Do you see what I see?

>Be Lionel
>Bald son fucks up in Smallville
>Go to a different universe and has Thad
>Thad goes bald looking for something that didn't exist and makes you a cripple
Bald sons not even once

all of this could've been avoided had the Wizard been less picky/realistic

Didn't want to show the embarrassing photoshop job

Even with the seven deadly sins, no scene made me more uncomfortable then billy being waterboarded
>SHAZAAaaAaAM

Think he will go to the MCU and be Xavier's dad next ?

>all of this could've been avoided had the Wizard been less picky/realistic
"Damn, just can't find kids that are pure of heart."
>Billy is living with several of them in the same city.
Seems a bit contrived.

Fuck man that was brutal. I had watched Return of Black Adam just before seeing Shazam so I expected an air bubble to come out with a faint Shazam like it did in that short.

if he had more time he might have gotten to Darla but I'd say the other kids are just regular kids though not as dickish as Billy. I think he gave up on the perfect being after Sivana ripped him a new one

Those kids aren't pure, nobody is. But we all have the capacity for good

Glad I'm not the only one who got that message: everyone's worthy of Shazam's power -- sometimes you just need the chance to prove that you can be worthy.

well probably don't reach for the evil orb as quick as Sivanna

I thought it was pretty good but these were my problems.
>billy acting like a different person every time he turned into shazam
>like 20 minutes of sivana backstory
>dumb bullshit with billy's mom that served no purpose in the story
>overuse of slow mo
> freddy's actor being better than shazam jr.'s actor

That being said, this was LEAGUES better than Captain Marvel and easily the best DC movie since The Dark Knight, also based Superman cameo.

>Russia debuted to an excellent RMB 62m ($946k) on 3,072 screens with a 57% share of the Top 5 films.

it's doing well in Russia
>falling for Ladderbro's lies

Reminder Billy gives out shitty advice when he's not using the wisdom of Solomon

Do I see this or Pet Semetary first?

>Mr. Mind caged at the Rock of Eternity
>One of Freddy's coined names was Captain Thunder
>Shazam notably hands the scared girl in the carnival game booth a tiger, referencing Tawky Tawny
Any other comic book easter eggs I missed?

The school's name

I mean from the sounds of it, the sins temptation happens every time and is part of the test. The wizard just didn't anticipate that someone would be autistic enough to find a way back.

Billy failed the matter-eating test

So what you're saying is... "Anyone can wear the mask?"

Attached: D2n9wFhVYAAafx3.jpg large.jpg (2048x1707, 239K)

awesome

What does he get out of this? Was he the same fag saying Spider-Verse flopped when it came out?

Billy's Dad bein named C.C.

>>Shazam notably hands the scared girl in the carnival game booth a tiger, referencing Tawky Tawny
I thought that was more because Billy wanted his mom to win him that Tiger

Maybe I'm autistic but the wording for that bothered me. it shouldn't be "anyone can be Spider-Man" but "Spider-Man can be anyone" like a reverse Batman

Forgot these ones

Didn't catch that

That's still because of Tawky Tawny, arguably.

Pet Sematary was Kingkino.

So is DC still technically allowed to call Billy Captain Marvel so long as they don't market him as such, or have they totally lost the rights now?

Yeah they are just not in marketing

Just got back from seeing the movie and
>Superman showing up along with Billy
I honestly wanna know how Billy both meet and convinced Superman to come with him

Attached: 42AqxuS.jpg (342x342, 15K)

>movie just came out
>it didn't make gorillion on first day, the means movie bomb!!
Can't you faggots wait a week or two?

Fucking capeshit company war faggots. Every god damn movie you do this. All this reeeetarded posting is getting tiring.

Attached: 1521680002161-co.jpg (240x256, 20K)

>See movie
>Billy gets seperated from his mom
>Some how question how she wasn't looking for him almost immediately
>Realize one of two things either happen, she found chance to abandon her child she didn't want or died
>Mfw billy finds her and she's is alive

Attached: Don't.png (500x287, 127K)

the thing is break even is only 230m and it's on track to pass that. All the flopping talk is just shit posting

Attached: 1482674870632.jpg (469x488, 25K)

>Billy gives her the compass and she says "what's this?"

Attached: 1452520728049.gif (250x249, 607K)

Is that a Matter-Eater Lad reference? I don't even remember that.

Attached: thanks.jpg (224x225, 11K)

>I get why the movie flopped
dude it literally came out today

Not as annoying as the DC shills who were insisting that this movie would beat Captain Marvel. Boy were you guys wrong.

I wonder what Billy and Superman are going to talk about.

>"You need it more than I do."

Attached: 1456036010708.gif (294x232, 1.74M)

Everything that isn't based Marvel is a gigantic flop. Marvelchads for life

I don't think anyone seriously thought that

Ladderbro will never stop with his shit flinging

>>billy acting like a different person every time he turned into shazam
Seriously, he have to hide his real identity.

>like 20 minutes of sivana backstory
>dumb bullshit with billy's mom that served no purpose in the story

Sivana and Billy makes both sense and relatable from plot. Sivana and Billy have very bad parents but solve it with different outputs. Sivana destroys his problem. Billy redeem himself from his problem.

>he doesn't know best villain

What was the moral?

It's a movie about family