A joker that was once a pure hearted person that slowly becomes crazy because HE LIVED IN A SOCIETY

>a joker that was once a pure hearted person that slowly becomes crazy because HE LIVED IN A SOCIETY
was /co's veredict, will it be good or nah?

Attached: joker.gif (480x270, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z1aRg0HubHw
youtube.com/watch?v=UM--qYBjYlc&hd=1
youtube.com/watch?v=IlCfkY4ZJ6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whats the verdict on a thing no one has seen?
Lol

it will be based af

It's probably just taxi driver
So it's probably going to be good. Great by superhero standards. Hopefully DC moves from the awful cinematic universes ans just make stories contain in their own universe. Give us a movie in the hopes that it tells a great story not because you need to explain ones origins for the next crossover movie

It's gonna be atrocious. Why humanize and thus even begin to justify The Joker? Just make it a character study of a monster, this is the exact problem I have with giving the joker an origin. He doesn't need one because it would be better if he was just some random asshole. Making it some "muh tragic backstory" shit is just dumb.

>implying most mentally ill people aren't just people who were too pure for a world that beat them into insanity.

>HE LIVED IN A SOCIETY

What a meaningless meme.

>Bruce Wayne was once a dark hearted person that slowly becomes justice because HE LIVED IN A SOCIETY

Something like Killing Joke Joker the reader can sympathize with. But of course with unfornunate events it takes it too far and becomes to villian we love for being evil as readers today

>Something like Killing Joke Joker the reader can sympathize with.
No, you cant. Especially TKJ joker. It appears you've never read it. That bullshit backstory is hardly even justification to be depressed in life let alone go bonkers.

He's not part of a wider universe so I'll let it slide

Killing Joke Joker was just trying to provide for his family. You act like him being a decent person before is a new concept

Nah. That shits even more retarded. Especially because the kid he grabs through the fence in the trailer is Bruce Wayne.

This shit is pure ass juice.

>just trying to provide for his family.
No. and that never justified him shooting babs. You're a retarded child if you think TKJ humanizes joker. Only the joker would think that.

Based off that one single trailer this doesn’t look like something I want to spend 8 dollars and two hours on. I mean, why give Joker of all characters a fucking origin story?

I don't care what Yea Forums thinks.

However, I like this direction. A microscope on a character. I especially like how it doesn't fetishize the edgy sociopath like it's "cool." This Joker just looks like a broken, disturbed man slowly losing himself - I half wonder if I'll end up feeling bad for him.

you just seem to be under the idea that humans can't be evil.

Mom's gonna freak

Why do movies have to care about things like that? We can have movies that create horrible people through tragic backstories, that isn't a problem. We can equally have a movie with a full psychopath from the beginning that works (something like Nightcrawler). So I am excited to at least wait and see how it turns out.

Is it really super hero movie if there is no super hero?
What’s there to make it different from drama?

It seems like it'll be a decent movie. I initially thought they were going to take the joker and go too far with it to ramp up how crazy and unstable he is, however it seems to be street level joker antics which is a nice surprise.

It's an awesome trailer, but Suicide Squad had a good trailer, so I'll reserve judgment til it's out.

Humans can't be evil. Only monsters are evil. All human actions are just and all monstrous acts are atrocities. To say otherwise is to sin against good and humanity, you fucking psychopath.

>but Suicide Squad had a good trailer,
0/10

The trailer was the best thing about Suicide Squad Beyond Enchantress

Attached: de7cef068be14cc59924bc495136cf2b.png (487x454, 11K)

Nah, humans can be pretty evil

I think it will actually be what people call a film.
It will be a fairly grounded 80s period piece drama about Walter White if he robbed banks and dressed as a clown instead of making meth and putting on an amish hat.

Attached: 4950ec95a982d1464faa1186a2b5a3fe.jpg (3035x4313, 1.53M)

You just get back from watching the existential horror of Jake Paul or something?

That and the N-Word meme suck balls.

I wish Hiro would delete /pol/ and Yea Forums

Are you insane? some of the best DC stories involve multiple super heroes. All they need is quality writers and directors, DC has the best stories.

Who THE FUCK drew Joker like that

>it's another "user doesn't understand how real people works" episode again

>his origin story is he got kicked in the balls
seriously?

Attached: 1552376091922.jpg (300x350, 22K)

He is insane by that point. Jesus Christ man.

/thread

I don't see why they just can't make those stories without a billion movies preempting it. People know the titular characters just slap them in a movie and introduce lesser ones as needed.

They broke his sign. Now they all have to pay.

trailer is definitely misleading, movie will have twists. i still think it will be explicitly about a random guy that The Joker is gaslighting to make think he is The Joker. it'll be good but normies aren't going to like it.

I have a feeling it turns into more like someone tries to rob his house and kills his mother in the process. He then on the train laughing about life and shit, gets attacked by the dudes on the train. He turns around and guts them. Then he goes for the kids. and then finds the robbers.

Of course, in the eyes of society he's doing bad things. But they would be justified to the Joker.

dumb idea for the joker

The fact that incels immediately embraced this after seeing a single trailer is worrisome, but we'll have to see how the final product turns out.

Are annoying teenagers on Twitter going to flock to this version of the Joker like they did a decade ago with Heath Ledger on MySpace?

You're saying that humanizing the Joker instead of leaving him as a cartoon or "monster" he then can no longer do wrong as he has been given humanity by the story and so loses his appeal as a villain? Or that as a villain he specifically is better off being less than human?
I understand what you intend to mean with your words on human's cant be evil but we ARE dealing with fiction after all.

They already are.

How retarded are you exactly? Shooting Babs was AFTER he went insane, dipshit

Looks interesting, a bit weird for a Joker movie but I am willing to give it a chance. I'm not the biggest Joker fan either so I am not picky with what they do with him.

so Joker used to be the favorite character for incels, now he's the incel king

D they just want more shootings to happen, only the killers would be in clown makeup?

>Humans can't be evil.

Attached: 220px-Junkofurutaportrait.jpg (220x301, 13K)

Idiot, all people are evil. We are all inherently evil. We have thoughts about commiting the most atrocious acts for petty little things. We kill eachother for fun or to test new weapons meant for killing people. We hate those of a different skin colour, or speak a different language. Are you some little girl who thinks it's all rainbows and fun under the pale blue sky, and those who are violent or bad are just poor little creatures, some simple anomalies?

I'd have higher hopes for it if not for the fucking RISE UP shot of the crowd in Joker masks rushing the cops.

Glamorizing the Jokerand making him sympathetic is kind of awful to be honest, why not try and make Charles Manson into a sweet young man that had society turn against him and make him do all those evil things?

>implying that's not what happened

Attached: pepe.gif (499x499, 1.27M)

The fuck did you think was going to happen? Half the reason sob stories get a following is because self-pitying people see themselves in the characters, even if it's a huge stretch.

Junko Furuta for those that dont know. Fuck those guys and the Japanese justice system

He's not really sympathetic, you just acknowledge he was a normal guy before something terrible happened that drove him insane. A bit sad, but doesn't condone his actions. This was always the case except the one or two where he's a mobster. Read a book, fucker

Attached: The Joker.jpg (1280x1811, 250K)

So deep!! All of these vicious killers aren’t to blame at all! They were all completely innocent!

This but unironically.

Well get used to it sticking around, because this movie is pretty much epitomizing the meme.

What kind of black and white moron are you? Only an idiot would call Joker blameless. Sure, he was likely a fucking loser/nobody before the chemical dip, doesn't justify the shit he's done for years. You simply acknowledge he was a pitiful man before going batshit insane.

It's gonna spawn another 10 years of retard normies and autists alike

Attached: 56164203_1053741668146006_5131938387699171328_n.jpg (540x960, 39K)

funny, it would work amazing if it wasn't a fucking DC or Joker movie.

oh well...

it isn't, but its in a fucking universe that we KNOW superheroes will exist eventually. asshole.

its gonna do some dumb shit like end right on a line about Ace Chemicals or some shit.

Just take away the shot with Arkham Asylum and change the title of the movie, all of a sudden you have Emmy award winning “Sad Face Smiles” movie.

This was in another thread, but the movie should end with Joker talking to a doctor revealing that the entire movie was one of his bullshit origins he likes to make up, and it's now set in modern day

I think it'll be good. Watching the trailer it seems more like a straight-up film to me than wow look it's another epic comic book movie.

It also has blue checkmarks on seething on Twitter for some reason. Screeching about how he's a white male and saying he's going to inspire incels and shit. So that's pretty fun.

Attached: 1426650504119.jpg (420x420, 25K)

Frankly it can be argued that humans are practically the only ones who can be evil, since most animelas out there only act on instinct and rudimentary intelligence

That thing was so fucked up

I liked the trailer but the director has me worried

that could work too, but its another stupid ending.
i don't think i would be happy unless it zooms out to show us the monitors or something

I don't get it, but it gives me an excuse to talk about Seinfeld.

Attached: iqizFdn.png (900x676, 761K)

utter kino

Has potential. Cautiously optimistic.

And you got Kramer for the other one.

Why are you posting a picture of cement?

>Anyone that does bad things are no longer human and just evil monster forever
What a retarded way to look at the world.

>HE LIVED IN A SOCIETY
Well he's clearly a guy suffering from a mental illness, and that society was Gotham, so yeah, that'll fuck you up.

I think we should have a mix of both

Some shared aspects in the form of references, but we don't need an origin story to introduce and advertise the next movie and characters.
We've never gotten that before cause execs allways thought normal audiences would get confused about whos who and which canon goes to what but i'm pretty sure most people are confused with marvel movies so who gives a shit if its good people will watch.

I hope this movie is like Nightcrawler, in that the protag is a shit, evil asshole but we like him anyway for whatever reason. Bonus points if it ends on him completely getting away with everything

I'd be more interested if it had nothing to do with the Joker.

This

>I'd be more interested if it was a movie about nothing

How many years in prison was the sentence again? Fuck, those sick bastards should've been put down as the dogs they are.

Shit like this is why I get mad when people say that 16 and 17 are still considered children.
No, they fucking aren't, when they do shit like this they're not children, they're fucking demons.

This?

youtu.be/z1aRg0HubHw

Jesus fucking christ, who let you use the Internet?

THAT's why you get mad about that?
well, however you get to 'right' I guess

It's not a super hero movie, but if it wasn't called the Joker it wouldn't make as much money. Capeshit makes money.

crossover events and team up books have always always been significantly worse than solo titles, dipshit.

>sympathetic

Joker isn't sympathetic. The man he used to be before turning into a homicidal monster was sympathetic. There's a distinct difference between the two.

They are the same person user...

>t. society

>what is TDKR
Read annihilation because you're probably into marvel like all the cool kids at school.

honestly, I liked the trailer. I'm looking forward to seeing him take an acid bath at the climax and assume his final form

>I can't make the distinction because I'm an autist
Fact: Hitler is a baby and short.

When I first heard the premise I said it was either going to be brilliant or dogshit.
If Scorsese or Phoenix weren't involved I wouldn't be willing to give it the benefit of doubt that I have. On top of that, they made it clear that it isn't connected to anything around it and is a standalone story.
The design makes it clear that despite it being a take on the Joker, they aren't trying to do "The Joker."
Then the trailer came out, and everything about it shocked me in the best way possible. I cannot wait to see it. Based exclusively on what we have seen so far, it has exceeded my admittedly low expectations.

KJ joker made a deliberate choice to commit crime instead of honest work for money, he already was a criminal before he got bleached, just a shitty one.

>That bullshit backstory is hardly even justification to be depressed in life let alone go bonkers.
No shit. That was obvious when Gordon didn't break. It doesn't justify it, but it explains the cause behind the effect that is The Joker.
The thing is though, it also raises the question, does watching his parents get murdered justify a trust fund baby becoming a furry, working outside the Justice System, infringing on the civil rights of countless citizens, and committing comparably countless assault and batteries, in lieu of receiving treatment for his PTSD? Not at all, but it at least explains why Bruce Wayne would go and do that.

>he doesn't give a fuck about the pedo rings, the racism, the rapes, the terrorism, the war
>DOOD THE HUMANS AERE GOOD YOU NAZI REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Seriously, you're one of the most retarded assholes that I've seen in my life

society kicked him, now he is going to kick society

>That bullshit backstory is hardly even justification to be depressed in life let alone go bonkers.

Being a complete failure in life, unable to support your pregnant wife, and then your wife dying isn't a reason to be depressed?

you made him what he is, we all did, we are all connected, his sins are our sins.
It's time you accept your responsibility too

Attached: 1529631836916.png (680x907, 888K)

>I especially like how it doesn't fetishize the edgy sociopath like it's "cool."
This.
I've been so tired of the bullshit that DC has allowed in the post-TDK window. Remember when he cut his face off, and then held the decaying visage on years later with a bunch of belts?
It is nice to be reminded that Gotham is not a good place, and without exonerating what he proceeds to do, demonstrate how Gotham just being Gotham could create a monster that becomes its worst nightmare, without an editorial-backed plot-armored man dressed like a Bat sent in to preserve the status quo.

As I sit here reading every single post and reply none of you seem to get it. This movie is what I've been waiting oh so long for, something to lite the fuse on the powderkeg of a society. It's like music if you listen. All the sjws the cucks the Jews the niggers the spiccs everyone. They're going to be butthurt by this movie. The collective hate that has become the sheep of people will all come together in outrage of this movie all except the white man. The white man will sit he will laugh he will cry but more importantly he will find himself again, this is not a movie about some comic book character. It's a movie about the man who lied down and took to much and the man who finally decided to give it all back.

Attached: 1554145429892.jpg (500x281, 27K)

10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=UM--qYBjYlc&hd=1

Attached: 1524507151261.png (1100x1100, 220K)

Oh that would be wonderful. Final scenes are a Bat and Clown fight which would rile folks.

When I think about it, I'm inspired to kill many bastards, that's why I joined ISIS, because I'm ready to kill many disgusting dogs, every member of society is guilty, every one of them, they are all murderers and deserve die, all

Can someone give a tl;dr summary? Not familiar.

This is fucking bullshit
Many people with mental illness live in fucked up places yet none of them become “the epic nihilist klown”
Stop using mental illness to justify shit behavior

Real people are legit worse than Joker who killed *insert high body count for epic connotations*. Due to him being a character in comics made for manchikdren, he is blocked from being truly disgusting and monstrous because of censorship.

>Many people with mental illness live in fucked up places yet none of them become “the epic nihilist klown”
>Brenton Terrant
Seriously, fuck off fucking "DOOD THE WORLD IS FINE AND PURRFECT EVERYTHING IS GOOOD AND GREAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THW RAPES THE MURDERERS THE INJUSTICE MY WORLD IS PERFEEEEEECT!"
If the daily victims in the world don't give a fuck to you, you have a real mental disorder fucking schizo

Yeah, I'm thinking it's kino

Attached: 1554304105006.jpg (537x800, 54K)

People can only legitimately care for 150 people

Any more is virtue signaling

It's a comic book movie if it involves characters or is adapted from a comic book, that's the only criteria

>People can only legitimately care for 150 people
That's why the society is fucked up

I legit think the trailer was just well put together and the movie will end up dissapointing me.

Why would you say that? I'm literally saying people can be evil and it shouldn't need to be half-assedly justified with some bullshit tragic backstory. Learn to read.

Why does he need a tragic backstory? Why can movies about villains be about villains? Why does an evil man need "justification"? Just do a character study about a piece of shit.

>It's another faggot can't make. Point so samefags with meaningless greentext episode

You seem to think that matters. user said he was more sympathetic, I literally said he wasn't. It doesn't matter when he went insane his bad day wasn't justification that was literally the point of the story. Neither babs or Gordon went ballistic.

Samefagging again. There is no way two people misread my post and The Killing Joke so thoroughly yet exactly the same way. Learn to read.

>People comparing the Joker to Charles Manson and other mass killers
Holy shit, maybe its ok to make a movie about Joker because hes not fucking real? Hes a comic book character from the 1940s.

>the people I dislike dislike it so it must be good
Pathetic.

The people I hate dislike it yet I agree with them because this movie is made for faggot ass wannabe school shooters. They think it enables them I think it's juvenile. In the end only wannabe school shooters will enjoy this along with the one or two critics who actually believe humanizing pieces of shit with muh tragic backstory is difficult or worthwhile.

Japanese girl that got kidnapped by some punks and then raped and tortured to death. Lots of people knew about it but they didn't do shit because of fear of the yakuza.

>Popular Japanese girl in the 1980’s rejects a classmate
>Classmate is a psychopath with yakuza connections
>He and his bros beat her up, rape her, and kidnap her
>Torture the shit out of her mentally, physically, and emotionally for a few weeks
>She’s so fucked up now they don’t wanna bang her anymore so they gangrape another young woman in the park while Junko dies
>Young woman reports them to the cops and they got pinched
>Bunch of neighbors knew Junko had been kidnapped by them but dismissed her as a “runaway slut” or were just scared of the ringleader’s yakuza connections
>Turns out Junko ended up encased in concrete in a bag on a cement truck

The kicker was that all the boys basically walked away Scot free save one because they were minors and the media leaked their identities. One of the spectators fainted during the trial and Junko’s mom had a psychotic episode.

Later the mom of one of the rapists desecrated Junko’s grave for “ruining her son’s life”.

It was just a horrible story all around. One guy made a movie about it except Junko gets rescued and all the boys get punished with death/life sentences.

Attached: 1438704871479.png (218x183, 88K)

So is this a one off or are they really going to lead this into The Batman? Because the popular twist seems to be this story being bullshit given Joker’s origins always being put in question

>One guy made a movie about it except Junko gets rescued and all the boys get punished with death/life sentences.
What a waste. Wouldn't it have been more impactful to show it how it actually happened?

Eh

It’s a spectrum. Some people like my adoptive brother were just born unlucky enough to be remorseless psychopaths that can’t help being what they are, some folks are decent enough folks that get pushed into wrongdoing by circumstance/desperation, others have been brought up to think what they’re doing is even righteous.

I think I’ll just watch it online at home. You just know the theaters will have edgy faggots trying to columbine people.

There’s an older version which adapts the story faithfully.

The director of the new version just wanted to give her a happy ending.

>So is this a one off or are they really going to lead this into The Batman?

If this leads to The Batman, I would wager that would be a decision made by WB Execs more than the creative team behind Joker. Every indication the latter has provided seems definitive that this is meant to be a one shot "Elseworld" unconnected with anything else.
With that said, WB has never been a house that turns down a quick money making opportunity, regardless of whether or not the artistics consent to their doing so, so sort of like how they turned around and tried making everything but Green Lantern like TDK, I wouldn't be shocked if Joker exceeded their expectations and they retroactively tie it to The Batman or DCEU in general.
If Batfleck had been Batman for 20 years in 2016 (BvS), that means he started in 1996, which ages him probably around 25-30 at that point. If you go with 28, and roll that back another 20 years, that makes him 8 when his parents are killed in 1976, right around when Joker looks to be set.

Attached: 03y99mdyorz01.jpg (500x439, 43K)

You admitting it's a spectrum only strengthens my point that the joker, who's a deranged terrorist with no motivation other than keks, should be humanized or given a "tragic" backstory when no tragic backstory is tragic enough to excuse what he becomes. It's a stupid fucking angle that only a child would find worthwhile.

>google this
Jesus fucking christ

Hey, you’re right! Maybe Freddy Kruger should have been innocent and not a child molester. It totally wasn’t Leatherface’s fault he murdered and ate those teens, no sir! Charles Lee Ray was just running for his life when he was forced to put his soul into a toy doll, it’s not his fault he went that murder spree afterwards.
Let’s stop glamorizing and trying to make these character who chose to be murdering scum sympathetic.

Well if Joker told this story, the timeline becomes a non issue given he’s an unreliable narrator.

Yeah, but people are already talking about Phoenix Joker being the inspiration for Leto Joker, or whichever one they go with to fight DCEU Batman.

What a horrible event.

Yea Forumsfags cant meme and take everything to seriously

Attached: 1527479154049.jpg (1183x1805, 392K)

This Joker isn’t sympathetic you retard. Having a shit life doesn’t validate his actions. All it does is give the audience context, and acknowledge he was a regular guy once upon a time

Leto isn’t coming back. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if THIS was how Johns finally touched on his 3 Jokers plot?

Nothing would make me happier than Leto not coming back, but I thought I had seen that he has a couple projects listed on his IMBD with him coming back as Joker.
>Wouldn’t it be hilarious if THIS was how Johns finally touched on his 3 Jokers plot?
I mean, there are plans you know about the Black Label book, right? Pretty sure he's moving on to that as soon as he finishes Doomsday Clock.

Attached: D2ADFF72-6A79-4DB2-B240-70C9E7DE43CE.jpg (1200x593, 90K)

Oh no, that poor man, if only the word around him was just a little bit better maybe he wouldn’t have turned out like that. He can’t hardly be credited for his own actions, all he wanted to do was make some money for his sick elderly mother, it’s not his fault at all, it’s the city he lives it!
This is the kind of bullshit that this movie is going to inspire and you fucking know it. Remember when they made Harley sympathetic because “Its not my fault, it was the Joker, he made me bomb all those children!”

What happened to Harley was basically rewriting history so they could market her as an anti-hero to a wider audience, and it was dumb too. She’s not a hero, her madness was born from her “love”, and she’s still a shitty person

Calm down sperglord. The Joker has had an origin story for over half a century, this movie isnt the first to do it. Nobody is condoning the murderous actions of a fictional character, they're just showing a background story that audiences might be entertained by.

>Remember when they made Harley sympathetic
user, never forget that Dini, her creator, was the one who wrote Mad Love. Her being a victim is built into her core. It is the goobers at DC at the moment who have turned her into post-New 52 knockoff Deadpool psychopath.

You're missing the point that making him normal would have been a better route to tell that story. Adding in a tragic backstory is by done for no reason, its done to humanize him. They easily could have gone clockwork orange with it. As it stands they did taxi driver but made Bickle have some sad story we're supposed to care about rather than just some weirdo living a weird life.

>he's had an origin
Fuck off casual.

>Remember when they made Harley sympathetic because “Its not my fault, it was the Joker, he made me bomb all those children!”

It bothers me that there are at least two universes that immediately come to mind when you say this.

Attached: harley-quinn-feels-guilty-about-metropolis-injustice-ii-1.png (1126x875, 1.51M)

Is not done*

>Joker dome in the style of Clockwork Orange
Fuck, user that sounds like it could have been a damn good movie

>Pretty sure he's moving on to that as soon as he finishes Doomsday Clock.
So you mean never?

The Joker has had an origin since 1951.
It seems my "sperglord" comment has struck a nerve.

And in both she gets a free pass because she’s a “victim” who keeps choosing to do awful things, but it’s totally not her fault.

Yes yes, I know, it's been delayed. As it stands, I'd wager it'll technically follow up Doomsday Clock, as he was already setting up these designs in in the last couple issues of it. Unfortunately, with the change of course that DC has taken, I'd wager neither will be referenced in main canon.

Attached: 89AE8044-BE16-474F-A004-B6C7BC5DD56C.jpg (1200x606, 87K)

Joker never did anything wrong. You'll realize that once you become an adult.

What you fail to understand is that you can sympathize, or more likely pity The Joker (same with old Harley), but that doesn’t mean that condones nor justifies what they did or what they’ve become. Only an idiot thinks like this and suddenly makes it all okay. Killing Joke gave him moments of sadness, but that never absolved him of his crimes.

Certainly much more interesting a slide into insanity than "Travis bickle if he was a literal clown and was bullied and had a retarded mom".

no one you become an adult you realize Commissioner Gordon isn't paid enough to put up with any of this bullshit

Attached: 1351191339718.jpg (576x432, 30K)

I'm not even that user newfag. And no, he has not. You seem to just accept all things as canon.

Those were closer to earth one costumes in DClock. These fabok designs came months later. And he's doing Shazam as an ongoing so who knows if he ever gets to that joker story. In all honesty it's retrded so I'd prefer he didnt.

>you can sympathize, or more likely pity The Joker
What you seem to think is that's a worthwhile story. It adds nothing and the ONLY message and takeaway is that it's an excusal. Scripts especially wannabe Oscar bait are written very intentionally. They added a sympathetic story to, just as you said, inspire sympathy. I don't see where you decided to disconnect that message and turn it into "wow I feel so bad but he's a piece of shit". That adds NOTHING to the story or character. There is no reason to inspire sympathy especially to do so intentionally if you intent is for that sympathy to not hold value.

>Newfag can't use the site or into continuity
Go back to plebbit

Obviously it’s not his fault, it’s society’s fault that he became a mass murderer, just look at his life, beaten up, having his sign stolen, has to love with his sick elderly mother. If anything Joker is a fucking hero for living in a society like that!

>DC has the best stories
Sounds like a trump tweet.

Status quo fucking sucks, dude. As long as you can't let baddies reform to any significant degree beyond Hawkeye or Songbird, baddies only get to reform as long as the current writer wants them to. In a competent setting, Harley would realize she was mistreated, and the sympathy would be rewarded as she fought alongside Batman or the other Sirens to make up for what she did assisting Joker. On one hand, you lose the representation of abuse victims who cover for their abuser, but it's not like she has been that to any significant degree post-New 52, so can you really lose what isn't there anymore? If you do that though, you lose an OH SO RANDOM sidekick who in the hands of a basic writer evens the odds for the Joker, while in the hands of a fool, can singlehandedly take down the Trinity.

>trailer drops
No links

>Only an idiot thinks like this and suddenly makes it all okay
Only an idiot thinks muh tragic backstory is put in rather than muh 9-5 grind (a la the matrix or even incredibles) for no other reason than to say "see he was normal". The tragic backstory was chosen for a reason.

I'm amused at the hate it's getting from it's intended audience, we were told for months that it was about rising up against the privileged class but all the SJW crowds sees is "yet another angry white man having a temper tantrum".

Attached: drak-pack_L05.jpg (640x480, 50K)

>implying "monsters" are real
What did he mean by this? Does user here check under his bed every night?

Attached: 1551145556429.jpg (1080x510, 82K)

>j-joker-kun... be g-gentle.....
why the fuck would anyone do this

fucker looks like he streams fortnite or something

Attached: 1549002905002.jpg (480x337, 21K)

Attached: heath joker .jpg (2556x1550, 506K)

here you go you lazy faggot
www.youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc

The point is to give context and mirror Batman in the sense that men can do great or horrible things when faced with tragedy

Heath Joker has an interesting philosophy behind his actions, but that does not distract from the fact that he's a murderous nutcase. You can respect one aspect while condemning the other.

>Expecting these people to ever be happy with anything

It looks like the mix of the origin from Killing Joke, Bermejo/Azzarello's Joker novel and Taxi driver, with Joaquin Phoenix trying his best to do Robin Williams in Bicentennial Man impression. I am really tired of the clown prince of crime lacking any humor, so my hopes aren't exactly high.
youtube.com/watch?v=IlCfkY4ZJ6I

So the Joker was just an incel loser that lived with his mom, and got mad and decided to start killing people?

Attached: well then.png (467x516, 320K)

I’ve been seeing a lot of terrible takes on Yea Forums lately, and this is definitely up there.

Attached: CB4FBB4C-D48B-45FD-B1AF-6AECA8CF3FF5.jpg (361x267, 47K)

Isnt this basically the story behind Bates?

Stop getting life lessons from One Punch Man

Worked for Seinfeld

Just spitballing here, but what if the Joker movie was an anthology film instead?

Like it still had an abridged version of the Joaquim Phoenix sequence (which should be doable since the trailer basically told us the entire plot), but also like, Marty could call up his fellow director buddies and go "Hey do any of you guys wanna direct a short film about the Jorker's backstory?" and each of them does a different take, with a different actor.

This is a universe with a child Bruce Wayne and thus no Batman. It's also a complete different set of tragedies and circumstances so it would be a terrible mirror regardless.

Look faggot you can be excited for the movie, nobody is saying you can't, I'm just saying it looks like it was written for twelve year olds who wish fortnight had gore.

MYspace was over by 2010

>user can't into math

>Isnt this basically the story behind Bates?

When I saw the trailer Psycho was the first thing that came to my mind.

>I am really tired of the clown prince of crime lacking any humor

Yeah why so serious?

There's a difference between taking something too seriously and being tired of a shitty stale meme.

Attached: monkey-see-you.png (960x736, 730K)

>DC has the best stories.
'no'

Fun fact: One of the killers is on trial again for murder

I think it's pretty insane comic book fans are turning their nose up at the opportunity to flesh out one of the most iconic characters in capeshit, on a multi hundred million dollar scale. People who think giving the Joker a plausible, understandable origin story is going to make him any less of a monster or any less the mad clown. We get an opportunity to focus on the Joker, and only the Joker, and are offered a fresh take on the character's fabled "one bad day".

But nah, Yea Forumsmrades want another retelling of the stereotypical gangster falling into the generic chemical tank / radioactive spiderbite / CSI experiment in the middle of a lightning storm. Y'all the fucking clowns.

Attached: 1476899313769.jpg (720x602, 71K)

I’m actually indifferent to the movie. I’m merely making a point and clarifying giving Joker some human qualities isn’t inherently a bad thing.

>Ogura's mother allegedly vandalized Furuta's grave, stating that she had ruined her son's life
Sounds like a Junji Ito character

>>It's another faggot can't make. Point so samefags with meaningless greentext episode
Learn how to fucking type, you mongoloid. Besides that, you're just dumb if you think normal people can't turn into fucked up people because of some events. In the case of the Joker, you can even bring up some chemical shenaningans fucking his brain.

Dude your on Funnyjunk lol

>bad
If it's meaningless it's bad. Stories are created with intent. If it's meant to humanize him that's retarded because no backstory can excuse what he becomes. If it's meant to mirror Batman it doesn't because their lives and tragedies are nothing alike. If it's mean to just say "look he was a normal guy and all it takes is living in society" then that's retarded because normal people face much worse shit than mentally ill or just plain old parents or bullies. The backstory adds nothing to the character.

As I've said above the only backstory worth adding is a completely normal pocket fence 9-5 suburbia backstory. That's normal. That's a square one that inspires no sympathy.

A joker decent into madness film should have been focused on subtly like Whitaker in Last King of Scotland.

that trailer was only "good" because of Bohemian Rhapsody

I hate it when movies remind you of better movies, makes me just want to go and watch them instead

Is your only exposure to Joker Tim Burton? Because he’s had plenty of origins outside of that. Failed comedian, troubled loser, etc. The dip didn’t magically make him The Joker, I don’t know why people keep thinking this. The ACE Chemical dip was just the cherry on top, the punchline to the shitty day he keeps talking about. It’s why people were pissed at New 52 Harley magically going insane via getting bleached.

user you clearly don't know anything about writing, scripting or simple storytelling. You refuse to address that adding muh tragic backstory is completely counter intuitive to showing his normalcy and that it's only added to inspire sympathy. If it isn't meant to inspire sympathy it's meaningless to the story.

You sound like the exact type of smelly faggot ass incel that would enjoy this garbage.

hang yourself the world would be better for it.

he definitely was not pure of heart.

>We get an opportunity to focus on the Joker, and only the Joker, and are offered a fresh take on the character's fabled "one bad day".
Casual like you ruined this board.

It doesn’t excuse what he’s done you moron. How many times do people in this thread have to tell you that? And it’s not meaningless, you simply call it that because YOU and your autism don’t like it. “Oh wow, this monster was a regular dude once”. That’s it. It’s about people being capable of horrifying evil. There is no justification nor feeling sorry for him because he fucking chose to be The Joker.

God you’re a fucking dunce.

>will it be good or nah?
I will love it, so Yea Forums will hated it.

>trailer clearly shows he was already mentally ill before becoming the joker
>a joker that was once a pure hearted person that slowly becomes crazy because HE LIVED IN A SOCIETY
why do people keep saying this? How retarded do you have to not being able to follow a two minutes video

Only if he says the n-word.

It will be alright of not god, but a horrible version of the Joker.

>user you clearly don't know anything about writing, scripting or simple storytelling.
In none of my posts I've said about the storytelling of the movie. I'm saying that normal people can easily turn into evil people in the real world.

This
Who can guarantee that if he just don't took his meds every day he can't turn into the Joker we know?

You've provided everything I need to answer your questions.

>it’s not meaningless, you simply call it that because YOU and your autism don’t like it.
No it's meaningless because
>It doesn’t excuse what he’s done you moron

You are the only one in the thread unable to understand this. There is no "other" user. It's other posts by you.

>Oh wow, this monster was a regular dude once”. That’s it. It’s about people being capable of horrifying evil.
The tragic backstory is not "normal". Bob in incredibles is a "normal" backstory. The 9-5 grind.

>There is no justification nor feeling sorry for him because he fucking chose to be The Joker.
Which AGAIN is why it's absolutely meaningless to make it tragic. Writers add a tragic backstory to inspire sympathy.

Address what I've said rather than just saying the same shit over and over.

Tell me a writer or director would make a non-normal backstory the backbone of "normal people can go bonkers too."

OR

tell me why they would add a sympathetic backstory if we aren't supposed to sympathize with the character

OR

Fuck off.

How retarded are you to not understand this is a fucking meme?

Why are you discussing anything but the film?

You first responded to me and another user as one user and told me I didn't understand people after saying TKJ wasn't sympathetic to the joker.

Have you literally not seen Dog Day Afternoon, or Taxi Driver? The Joker in this film is standard 70s protagonist, not the down on his luck American from the Great Depression

You don’t need to feel legitimately caring in order to be decent and apply your morals to an arbitrary number of people.

>like they did a decade ago with Heath Ledger on MySpace?
Leto Joker happened less than 5 years ago, user. And that one bafflingly has followers.

Bickle was never made to he sympathetic. This is taxi driver if it was made by an emotional wreck of a tranny.

>user says the name of movies he didn't see or understand because other brainlets said them online

t.tranny

>retard goes back to an earlier reply to call me the word I just used cause he thought it was witty

A friend of mine posted something very troubling about the trailer. That he thinks the film's gonna be shit and the trailer itself is evidence of it.

The trailer shows a semi-noir film about bullying and mental health, but that's not what the film's gonna be. It's gonna be an action film, which leaves two possible outcomes:
The two minutes of the trailer are a sample of the first fifteen minutes of the film, which then turns into a cliché-ridden action film; like Suicide Squad, that starts with a Guantánamo theme and forgets about 15 minutes later.
Or the mental health theme's stretched over half an hour and then the theme's flimsily stitched onto an action film; like Fant4stic.

While I don't know what my friend's doing with his life, watching Suicide Squad and Fant4stic, it got me thinking, yeah, this is a big budget, big name film in the DC universe. Is this trailer showing what the film's gonna be? Or is everything we like about it bait for a paint by numbers Snyderesque?

They do though

Where’s dexter when you really need him

>an interesting philosophy behind his actions, but that does not distract from the fact that he's a murderous nutcase. You can respect one aspect while condemning the other.

Stormfag detected

Attached: RSGiaraffe1.jpg (1500x998, 184K)

I hope it’s Taxi Driver mixed with Falling Down and Jacob’s Ladder

It's not Marvel, who fucking cares? Stop shilling this Oscar bait that hates the fact that it is based on a crappy cape hero without the actual hero in it. Only DC fans would be impressed and obsessed over this edgy grimdark shit instead of following Marvel's method of real success and real heroism. Fuck this film and fuck its fans.

why do Yea Forumsirgin console war faggots bring their shit here

>humans can’t be evil
It’s like you forgot about the past century or so of constant war.

Attached: 959C1103-8E59-4630-8C6F-4F4F7412E5CF.gif (540x304, 1.22M)

only the japanese could be that insane

I dunno man orcas are pretty savage. Cats too. I remembering of curiosity watching my cat catch a bird and when the cat realised the bird wasn’t escaping (broken wing) he kept toying with it. Slapping it, sitting on it, licking it then nipping it. Every time the bird screeched he would smack it and then back off and roll around like he was horny.

It was fucked up. I could tell my cat enjoyed every moment of that bird’s suffering.

Comic fans have been fighting each other before Yea Forums even existed, hell they've been fighting other over this Marvel vs DC before Sega's Nintendon't fiasco. Don't blame us for your mistakes, you Yea Forumssucker. This is your forum's problem. Not ours.

It's gonna be kino as you would say in Yea Forums land.

Annihilation is terrible and reddit tier. Read some good comics.

I don't think it's accurate to describe TDKR as either a team up or a cross over.

>It's gonna be an action film
What makes you think that? Martin Scorcese is one of the few directors with enough clout to do whatever the hell he wants, and that's usually not mindless action pap.

Hell has a special place reserved for those fucks.

Attached: 1547410140913.jpg (584x657, 231K)

I respect murderous nutcases.
They are true to their motivations. Honest in their desires.

Men who try to justify their misdeeds are dishonest, and unworthy of respect.

>Bickle was never made to he sympathetic
u wot

>a joker that was once a pure hearted person
he's an incel, he's evil from the start

Just finished reading about
I am now overwhelmed with disgust

Now you could argue (and this is not impossible to defend) that humans aren't evil, if you use a particular definition of evil, something like "actively, willfully working towards increasing aggregate pain and misery".

You could argue that even for most of history's greatest monsters, misery and death were side effects, not a necessity - Genghis just wanted to rule, he only burned down cities that resisted; Hitler wanted the German people to prosper, not caring about the detriment it would have on other nations, etc. Every real villain thinks they're in the right, thinks their cause is just enough to justify atrocities. Generally you don't see people doing things "for evil's sake" like with kids show villains. Everyone thinks history will justify him.

But user, what of those without grandiose designs, like serial killers and the like? You could argue they're mentally ill (and they generally are) and therefore are 'faulty products', not representative of baseline humanity.

So you could argue that most real world monsters either believed they were ultimately doing good/destroying evil/their cause was important enough to justify monstrosities, or that they're deranged and therefore can they truly be considered evil if they have a malfunctioning inner moral compass?

But that's a LOT of hedging and nuance, and even then open to interpretation.

Saying "humans can't be evil, only monsters are evil" either implies actual monsters are real (in which case go see a doctor) or, ironically, dehumanizes actual humans - "oh you did something I consider wrong? You're no longer human"... which is the exact argument genocidal regimes used (Jews/Communists/[insert group here] is not really human so we shouldn't treat them as such). Dangerous precedent, user.

>not the killing joke origin
dropped, as usual

A teenage girl was kidnapped by a bunch of teenage boys. She was tortured and raped for 40 days. By tortured I mean stuff like being set on fire.

When she died from her injuries the boys hid her in a cement drum. About a hundred people knew about the torture while it was going on, and did nothing. This included the parents in the house where the girl was being held.

The boys were arrested, one of them got 20 years in prison, but most got very light sentences.

"that one time OP wasn't a faggot: the movie"

I'm really not 100% on board with the unironic "he went crazy because we live in a society" they seem to be doing. Like I was okay with the trailer but then I saw other folks in Joker masks and I'm like "I don't know about this dude"

>"he went crazy because we live in a society"
Dunno, it seems he's going to be crazy from the beginning.

Attached: rgdf.jpg (1277x657, 51K)

Not enough reason? You'd laugh off your pregnant wife dying then , not feel even a bit down? Ooh you edgy cunt.

Scorsese left the project.

WAS a meaningless meme
The first joker became the joker because he was thrown in a vat of acid
This joker became the joker because he literally got thrown into society

>who's a deranged terrorist with no motivation other than keks
that's what joker is in the comics, this is an alternate reality joker so that description hardly applies to him.

Gonna be mediocre shit that's trying to be like maleficent when it's just not the appeal of the character. Its oscar bait. I liked the idea that batman created the joker in a failure of trying to carry out justice which in turn created the joker. It adds a sense of evil that's just more than being sympathetic. I hate the whole trope of villians needing a sad back story for the audience to sympathize and take their side.

regardless of it being good or not people will still suck it's dick because meme's. i can already see the 10+ live action retard threads screaming how based the movie is clogging the cata.

That’s really naive, user.

Attached: 5E9BB2C6-ED6D-4077-89F3-B19B768ACBBD.jpg (250x203, 5K)

I think it'll be a solid movie but I'm not sure it'll be a solid depiction of the Joker in any way we're already familiar with the character. I'm not crazy about the Bozo the Clown make up(personal preference; not a big deal) and it kind of looks like they want to use the backstory to make Joker sympathetic which is really my only concern. If they go that route, I probably won't like it. If they make Joker an iredeemable sociopath by the end of the film, I'll probably enjoy it.

Couldn't be worse than Leto.

Then they shouldn't have called it the joker.

>something that happens to millions of people is justification for becoming a homicidal terrorist
And you're calling me the edgy cunt? Nah. there is no backstory tragic enough to excuse the joker.

By the trailer, the story is about Joker taking care of his mentally ill mother - he himself also suffering from some mental illness - while looking for a job. He starts by spinning signs, then by being a standup comedian and eventually has a chance to appear on TV. Every time his live is about to turn around, people bring him down. After his mother dies due to some Gotham politics, he gets people to protest against the mayor or such figure head and uses the confusion to assassinate them.

I really doubt anyone would write a story in this political climate about incel raising up and assassinating politicians, so the actual reason that breaks the camel's back is going to be intentionally idiotic.

Only a completely autistic fuck could think he's sympathetic. He's just a weirdo being weird.

.......Are you fucking kidding me?

Attached: The+face+alone+makes+for+a+good+reaction+image+_800f0330f73c8142e30e8124d7b88a5a.png (163x178, 56K)

>Gamers: The Movie
Why is the Joker gay in this one?

I’m not an edgelord but this Joker does kinda remind me of me. Sensitive childish soul with dreams & efforts going nowhere caring for a mentally unfit parent while slowly realizing that he’s got mental problems of their own.

I pity him to a degree.

Attached: some things are deleted for a reason.png (1920x1080, 1.21M)

It looks terrible.

Pretty sure Batman is mentioned.

Are any other DC characters going to show up in the film?

they could still do that
evil is boundless
what starts as a sympathetic villain could easily become an irremediable monstrosity

just the Batman library is better than the entire Marvel catalog

Attached: 1554251889293.jpg (300x233, 10K)

I'm speechless after reading this. I know the user you're responding to was trolling, but seriously. Anyone who wants to say Humans can't be evil or that only monsters or whatever can be evil is seriously naive.

Just saw the trailer, and I actually feel bad for him. He has a frail mother that he is the only one taking care of and is obviously going to die on him, which will already affect his waning sanity and depression. His life goal simply to be a successful comedian of sorts to make people happy but clear he's terrible at it and has nowhere else left to go. Add to the fact that he's in his 40s, with no love life, and being physically assaulted and harassed by very age, class, and racial group I can think of, and it's just depressing to watch. I don't want to feel sympathetic towards the goddamn Joker, but it's happening.

I don't know, I think Spider-man gives Batman a run for his money, albeit for different reasons.

"Yes."

Attached: Hitman_Vol_1_34.jpg (500x761, 100K)

Taxi Driver's character was already unhinged from the start

Almost every paradigm shifting comic came out of DC.
On Alan Moore's top 100 comics, of all the capeshit on there, only one is Marvel, and it was Rick Veitch's The One, under an imprint.
DC's not the only one with good stories, but it has the best ones.

Might be good but might be shit

Why the fuck does anyone wanna save Gotham?

Every time they show this place, its always assholes and thats just the basic every day people. Not just muggers and criminals but everyone seems like a fucking prick from the store clerks to the elderly.

It's not consistent, but occasionally all of that stuff is said to happen on the "bad" side. There are people in the rich side of Gotham that have never even seen Batman. Those parts tend to have a Vegas-like appeal to them and are what the city thrives on.

Attached: aaxp7EAR_700w_0.jpg (700x700, 57K)

The Joker is going to rape the Joker?
I can't imagine what Commissioner Gordon's stance on this is.

I'm not fond of the fact that Bruce's father is going to be immoral in his film, to the point that he's one of the many reasons responsible for why Gotham is such a awful place to live in. One of the reasons why Bruce was so traumatized over the death of his parents, was because they were good people, not just good parents, at heart, probably the few people who are in Gotham, and actually tried to make the city a better place for Bruce. I don't know, I can only hope Thomas has a change of heart at the end and ends up becoming the man Bruce looks up to.

JOIN THE RE/co/NQUISTA!!!
For too long, savage, mindless hordes of pestilen/tv/ermin have been ruining this board, no longer will we sit idly by and allow them to further degrade the quality of our home. As such, I'm issuing a call to arms towards each and every single true Yea Forumsmrade. The "mods" have deliberately chosen to prioritize the profitability of Yea Forums over the quality of it's various communities, we have no other option but to take matters into our own hands and force live action posters to scurry back to their quarantine zone by utilizing scorched earth self moderation tactics like Yea Forums does. Spam all Yea Forums threads with stuff like roll charts, dubs, porn, gore, anything and everything in order to purge these worthless subhumans from Yea Forums.
This is our home and they are not welcome here.

Attached: 1764564.png (1387x1854, 716K)

>finally get bleached skin Joker after 30 years
>they decide to make him look like Die Antwoord

I'll never forgive David Ayer for this.

Attached: 1764219.gif (512x512, 810K)

Attached: 1653607.png (720x1280, 975K)

Attached: 1764147__artist+needed_explicit_oc_oc-colon-aryanne_oc+only_blonde_bondage_chained_chains_gag_nazi_n (1080x1920, 319K)

Attached: 1764239.png (1920x1080, 992K)

GOD I wish that was me, but with cute girls.

Attached: 1652832.png (767x719, 234K)

Attached: 1654017.png (1236x1600, 541K)

Attached: 1764202.png (576x1024, 116K)

HOLY BASED

Attached: 1764369.png (1646x1709, 380K)

Attached: 1652909.png (826x1000, 276K)

Attached: 1653225.png (969x1059, 295K)

Attached: 1764501.png (823x1500, 972K)

Attached: 1653411.png (2774x3000, 542K)

Attached: 1652287.png (808x1200, 620K)

Attached: 1764319.png (1165x859, 317K)

Attached: 1654018.jpg (1407x1515, 739K)

Attached: 1764551.jpg (4093x4000, 463K)

Attached: 1764166.png (908x682, 160K)

Attached: 1506289914484.gif (108x163, 997K)

>Dude lol I hate giving him a character because then he's only doing it because he had a tragic backstory. I want him to be so random, so loony so crazy agent of chaos who does everything just because and there can never be a reason or else it makes him look lame

Do you not get the difference between him and Batman? They both had one bad day, going by what you said that means Batman would also have to become a tragic killer because "WAAAH WAAAH MUH TRAGIC BACKSTORY MUH PARENTS BOO HOO"

In each case the trauma just brought it the monster that was already inside. Batman looked at his situation and said "never again" and became a symbol of fear who alienates everyone in his life and takes all his rage out on the criminals in town. Joker broke and he went from seeing his life as a tragedy, to seeing his life as a comedy. Everything stopped meaning everything for him, so he may as well become the villain of his story. Each trauma came forward a bit because of who they innately are.

Other way around, only humans can be evil. Monsters have no concept of good and bad, right and wrong. While humans do evil despite knowing it to be evil.

very epic derail boys

Attached: 1553033301743.jpg (960x960, 78K)

I am not ready for the bullshit storms this film will cause on social media as people think it's profound. You can already see the edges of this sickness "In the 80's it was toxic chemicals, now it's society that's the toxic link for the transformation!"

Fucking hell. I am not ready for edge lords and idiots on parade.

>glamorizing the joker

>an older man in poor shape with nerdy hair and a gentle, sad demeanor washing his mother in a tub while getting bullied in the world's shittiest city and copes by identifying as a clown
>glamor
>but not Leto's joker who is just a demented metrosexual sadist pop gangster pursuing debauchery and cheap thrills without regard for #society, obsessed with style and open-your-eyes flair
i didn't like the Suicide Squad interpretation as much as traditional Jokers, but one is explicitly about rockstar glamor and the other is a sad old guy getting pushed into the mud until he loses it

Who could have known letting a known rapist-murderer psychopath gangbanger (in all senses of the term) run free with the legal equivalent of a slap on the wrist could lead to him killing again?!

>Everyone who loses a loved one must become a serial killer. It's the only rational way to think.
That's you right now.

school shooter joker is the most hack shit possible. that people are for it is sad

It literally doesn't matter what origin they give Joker in this movie because I guarantee you it'll end up to be a story Joker himself made up and is currently telling psychologist Harleen Quinzel in Arkham for free pity points at the end of the movie.

It won't be joker movie I would've wanted but it looks good anyway

People make mistakes. Not every murderer is some sort of monster.

these people were and are. 44 days of rape and torture arent mistakes. anyone who does what they did at any age, you put down like a dog w rabies

"Woops, I accidentally sequestered and raped a girl for over a month, then my hand slipped and I drowned her in cement! My bad haha, won't happen again!"
What a silly mistake!

The concept is funny.
I don't know if it's a quality movie yet, but chances are it's going to be really dumb and bastardize the canon while remaining completely safe for market.
I expect nothing more than a Scuicide Squad level atrocity that a few funny memes will come out of, but I certainly hope for something actually good.

Heath Joker is hot garbage but Phoenix Joker is giving me kino vibes. What's up with that?

Everyone knows Cyclone Joker will always be the best.

ONLY humans can be evil.

ive seen some shit that would say otherwise

Wrong, birds are all evil, all the time.

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 early game.webm (480x360, 2.92M)

holy shit you have no idea how alternate realities work

Well, a Justice League movie would be kinda messy because you'd have to introduce several characters and a big threat, all at once. Could be done, but it wouldn't have the impact of a buildup. I mean, look at the first Avengers film. It's not really a good movie, but everybody loved it because of the hype of watching all of the characters come together.
Still, a movie like BvS, for instance, could've worked just fine with a proper director and writer. You don't really need to spend years setting up character by character, specially if two of them are already very well known for the general audience. A good BvS film, followed by a good WW movie (which fortunately, we did get) could've been enough to then move on to the JL film showing the Trinity recruiting and training the younger and more unexperienced heroes. But Snyder had some stupid ideas and they let him run with them until the only way to stop it was to crash the whole thing.

Writing this kinda thing off as "evil" is lazy and an easy way to think we could never do something remotely similar. It's the same thing with calling Nazi's "monsters".
They're not evil and they're not monsters. There are reasons why these things happen, and we need to look into them to understand and hopefully, fix them.
This is not justifying any of that stuff. They were shitty people and deserved punishment for their actions, but they were still people and so are we.

Well without knowing much right now it could turn out to be a matter of perception. They could be genuinely good people trying to do the right thing but someone down the chain, for example an employee in their business, could be doing shady shit which then becomes conflated with the Waynes unknown to them. It's easy for people in higher up positions to not be fully aware of what's happening at lower levels and how those ground level interactions affect how people see them as well.

You're living in a fucking dream world!

Nah, you were saying it wasn't even enough reason to be depressed. Not justifying the joker, but you were saying the events of the killing joke were not even enough to be depressed. I would argue that. But hey, move the goalposts and deny being edgy all you want.

Not the point I made. I was responding to user who said the events of TKJ were not even enough to make you depressed, which I would argue. But hey, cherry pick out of comments all you like.

You're supposed to pity Bickle, not sympathise with him.
He's fucked up from the beginning

This is the face of autism.

>BAD IS BAD, GOOD IS GOOD, THINGS THAT ARE COMPLEX MAKE MY BRAIN HURT

Resevoir Dogs is the counterpoint to every "but introducing tons of characters" argument.

Everyone already knows the story and it's immortalized in the form of a graphic, horrifying comic.

hahahaha holy cow, dude what show and episode is this?

Attached: 6184a573a979bfc0e99c79a7166bb88c.jpg (500x373, 39K)

>I'll just reply for no reason
You didn't address the point, REEd like a fucking autistic and replied to a day old post.

Fuck off. Only a complete and utter incel would think this is entertaining. Adding a tragic backstory is done with intention. Either you're calling the writers and directors fools or you're actually thinking some trite backstory is sympathetic enough to feel bad for the joker.

You're the one moving goalposts retard.

I replied to this.
>Something like Killing Joke Joker the reader can sympathize with
That is WORD FOR FUCKING WORD what i replied to.

>was responding to user who said the events of TKJ were not even enough to make you depressed, which I would argue.
No you were responding to me saying this:
>Something like Killing Joke Joker the reader can sympathize with
Is absurd.

You simply can't read and have now repeated a lie twice.

Dilphins disagree

I mean, it all basically comes down to a lack of empathy. That's basically what the essence of evil is.

It can be due to genetics (people actually unable to feel empathy) or upbringing (for one reason or another they dehumanize other people and so don't feel empathy towards them), but that's all essentially "evil".

And oceans eleven. And xmen. And lord of the rings. And every other ensemble film ever made.

No you seem to think "alternate reality" is an excuse to ditch each and everything facet of the character and mythos.

Shitty adaptations are not alternate realities. The Bourne movies are not alternate realities to the books. They're bastardizations that barely follow the story at all. Sometimes companies just use branding for easier marketing. Like they're doing with this joker.

I'm so sick of you casuals telling me, who owns thousands of floppies, you're deluded views of comics that are shaped completely by companies and their whims.

This is a joker in name only and it could have easily been made about a clown named anything else. They want a big return on a low investment that's all.

The issue with Justice League is that you get characters from completely unrelated "super" origins coming together. The X-Men movies for example make everything mutant and minimize the other elements like aliens and magic.

A completely standalone Justice League likely would need to make most of their origins more uniform, like making all super abilities come from alien genetics or some ancient super advanced Earth civilization (with Krypton being a colony that left to space while Amazons and Atlanteans would be modern remnants that stayed on Earth).

>The issue with Justice League is that you get characters from completely unrelated "super" origins coming together.
No the issue is you think it requires a movie to tell that origin.

Let me rephrase this a bit:
>The issue with Oceans Eleven is that you get characters from completely unrelated "criminal" origins coming together.
(Your superfluous quotations were left for added effect)

Or again
>The issue with LOTR is that you get characters from completely unrelated "fantasy" origins coming together.

That they're superheroes doesn't mean they need a two hour origin. It means you, yourself, for some reason treat them any differently than characters in any other film. I have an inkling why but you'd call me a companyfag.

Thing is, he'll have plenty of anons glamorizing him in a 'He's just like me!' kind of way, especially by the edgy, the outragefags and the miserable. It may not be full rockstar but he'll definitely be idolized just as much as Heath Ledger's.

Why? They're superheroes, they have super powers. Do people honestly need 7 90 minute films to explain that. Fuck a 2 minute rundown exposition could do that. Then flesh them out over the movie with their interactions. FUCK.

What if I told you you can feel empathy for someone but still do shitty things to them? Would that blow your mind?

Attached: 19e480d8194d7dad0f0bbf50ca19bd2d3e3245489751d1d6a4ba2b043c9c8c15.jpg (943x720, 213K)

user said glamorizing but the word he clearly was looking for is romanticize. And there is no doubt that's exactly what this is doing.

Like society romanticizes insomnia and the meme of "troubled artist" or "the depressed comedian" or "the resilient victim of mental illness".

Asian dude in the oceans flick had bonkers skills and I'd have loved to see him on other greaseman jobs. Basher running with his crew would have been a great farce. Their little segments told me all I needed to know.

The Marvel-ization of consumers to think they need an origin movie for every character on screen is honestly shocking. There were 5 decades of film that didn't need that shit before them.

>(Your superfluous quotations were left for added effect)
>The issue with LOTR is that you get characters from completely unrelated "fantasy" origins coming together.

Can't you see the problem with your comparison? You're still limiting them to a single "special" category in those cases. Criminal elements or a single fantasy setting. With Justice League, you get sci-fi, fantasy (and very different mostly unrelated ones for both cases) mashed together.

I'm not even saying it couldn't be done, just that the origins would need to be streamlined and tied closer together. Really, if you think about it, is there any mainstream movie that managed to do that? Mash together completely unrelated fantasy and sci-fi characters all with completely independent background stories?

It's why something like Star Wars makes everything about the "Force" and everyone else, even the aliens, are basically normal humans ability-wise, rather than giving different characters completely different super special abilities.

Kevin Nash was raped by a monkey in 1992.

>It's why something like Star Wars makes everything about the "Force" and everyone else, even the aliens, are basically normal humans ability-wise, rather than giving different characters completely different super special abilities.
OR YOU KNOW, LAZINESS. But no we cannot question the content creation class.

>Can't you see the problem with your comparison?
No, because there is none. You're assigning importance to something that isn't important at all.

Their origin is their backstory, literally nothing else matters. If I were to get overly specific with oceans they took guys from completely different walks of life and with completely different motivations and paths to criminal endeavors. By your logic they each needed to be explored more to see why two brothers who fight so much and rob people and aren't Mormon live in SLC. We need to know why a guy who works for an Asian circus would want to work with a bunch of American criminals he couldn't even understand. We need to know why and how Rusty fucked yo with the Incan matrimonial headmasks and why Danny would ever want to see him again other than to kill him. We have to know why Tess who left Danny for being a criminal would fall for another criminal.

You're assigning importance to backstory because you've been told it's important for the last ten years in order to generate interest in worthless origin movies. It isn't.

Star Wars is fantasy not sci-fi. Lightspeed is literally interdimension travel in Lucas' mythos.

And you losers who always ask why things look Terran are almost always the type of idiot that thinks life can be non-carbon based (which is more fantastical than The Force)

MOBAs Manage this with 100's of characters and the genre is played by the biggest brainlets to be cursed to walk this earth.

The backstory in this case also defines their look and abilities and setting, it's not just about how they grew up and who their parents are. When you're going to watch Oceans Eleven, you various various criminals from modern day Earth uniting. You don't get the criminals uniting and the a space biker suddenly arriving to join the party alongside the king of a secluded island with magical powers.

You're assuming audience would be willing to eat up anything due to "super heroes", when that likely isn't the case if you attempt to do it all at once. If it were such a simple concept, you'd already have movies that did it before even while not being comic adaptations, but also ensemble cast movies have a much stronger concept tying them all or are part of a long series that introduced them separately.

user you think the iron man and captain America (or Batman and Superman) are more "important" than rusty or Danny just say it. That's the only difference. "Iron man has solo media so he deserves a solo film". That's it.

You're assigning more worth to singular characters than necessary and finding a reason to justify it.

Anons clearly under the delusion a backstory needs to be more than a paragraph long. He doesn't understand that these origin films are all a paragraph worth of character "development" pumped full of Joseph Campbell plots in order to make them sometimes an entire trilogy of rise fall and rise again even stronger now.

>Humans can't be evil
>all people are evil
You're both fucking retarded.

mite be gud but sounds retarded and cliche, and you don't BECOME a psychopath

kek what a bitch

It’ll be a joke.

Nope, I'm not. I think I'm bringing up a valid difference.

Look at Cabin in the Woods for another example. It referenced many other horror movies with obvious pastiches of their monsters, monsters of completely different natures, but in order to make it acceptable as a single movie wrapped them all up under a single mythology where various monsters are released around the world as part of a single "ritual" to appease the "ancient ones".

Generally, audiences only will accept one miracle per movie. Pushing more will hurt the suspension of disbelief. You can't just keep throwing random stuff at the screen all at once and expect people to just buy it all.

If you search for "one miracle" and movies you'll likely see many articles talking about it, many of them much older than the MCU. There's even a quote from Twilight Zone's producer for example.

>Allow only one miracle, special talent, or imaginative circumstance. More than one and the audience grows impatient with your calls on their credibility.

why didn't the joker just have sex?

Supposedly the black girl in the trailer is his pregnant wife.

It's still not "evil", there are reasons for that, as you mentioned. The idea of evil is a lazy tautology that doesn't care about understanding and solving problems, but simply remove them as far as they can from where one stands and try to forget about it.

There's his problem

Joker has been evil for the sake of evil for most of the characters history. I, for one, welcome this somewhat different take on the character. Also, most people can understand and empathize someones actions without thinking theyre justified.

Yes, because the only empathy I know is when internet people use the word to shield themselves from criticism.

>All these newfags

No wonder this place is tumblr center

Attached: ugh.jpg (715x989, 210K)

Attached: 1538071373311.jpg (425x340, 34K)

HERE'S A STRONG PREDICTION FOR YOU GUYS: Even though this film is called Joker, he's not the Joker. If he were, he'd be in his 60s when Batman becomes a thing, and the clown iconography becomes a clear visual motif for protesters. This man is going to die a martyr by the end of the film, and one of the many clown protesters will eventually become the Joker.

Attached: consider the following.gif (416x320, 1.78M)

I found him sympathetic.
Does that make me DAMAGED?

Attached: bamaged.png (833x565, 71K)

Ours too when it's used for shitpost threads.

It's not a different take. Joker has had several stories he's been presented as sympathetic, from TKJ to Going Sane.

>Expecting people on Yea Forums to read comics

>Generally, audiences only will accept one miracle per movie. Pushing more will hurt the suspension of disbelief
Saying this doesn't make it true faggot nobody cares about your thoughts. You're assigning importance to a fully fleshed out backstory for characters because you're deluded by marvel films or worse deluded by your own stupidity. There is no reason to treat superheroes or villains as any different from characters in any other story. They're characters in a narrative, that's it.

>I, for one, welcome this somewhat different take on the character.
I don't give a fuck what you welcome and this isn't even new.

Enough of this shit, TKJ isn't sympathetic at all kill yourself you fucking child. That isn't even a good fucking comics it's controversial and casuals have read blog posts about it, it's not good.
Don't samefag you fucking clown.

Everyone has a backstory that can viewed as sympathetic. That's the very nature of a backstory. You can find anything sympathetic through understanding, which clearly you and 100% of Yea Forums do not understand.

Says the guy who was calling him names

Society pooped in his spaghetti
Now he's upsettii

Pol Pot was just a fat mild-mannered nerd that wanted to spend his days reading French poetry but they pushed him too hard

Attached: Cambodian-genocide.jpg (600x450, 72K)