*makes heath ledger look like a joke*

*makes heath ledger look like a joke*

Attached: 6FC75ECE-A951-4F89-A2DE-30CF2B8A087C.jpg (768x432, 23K)

I unironically think it looks good from the trailer, but it looks good more as a dramatic character film than it does capeshit.
Is this how Snyderfags feel about The Dark Knight trilogy? Because I can't fucking stand it due to how it portrays Batman defying his no-kill rule, but with the Joker he's supposed to be a villain, so giving him this pitiable side makes more sense to draw out the motive behind his transformation.

*makes society look like something we live in*

Live action shit needs it's own containment board.

*I put on my robe and wizard hat*

I'll probably have the same exact reaction I had with TDK; good movie, just not a great Batman related movie.

I’M GONNA SAY IT!

You retards said the same thing about Jay Leto's Joker almost 3 years ago and look how that turned out.

GAMERS WILL FINALLY RISE UP

ILL SHOW YOU FOR LEAVING ME FOR CHAD, VERONICA

It does, it's called Yea Forums.

I mean containment board would imply it's not allowed to be posted here but we have like 12 generals on every board these days so whatever I guess.

Stop being a whiny faggot goddamn. You sound new

I'm pretty sure Leto was universally derided from the beginning. That "damaged" tattoo killed any interest.

Jokes at side he won't be like Ledger, the script looks inferior in first place and Ledger was 28 while this guy is old so I'm not saying the film isn't gonna be more or less good but Ledger was another thing

No I'm just tired of crossposters taking up a majority of the catalog like a bunch of nigger gypsies.

I used to think my life was a drama...

Look I can't believe I even have to explain this but; it's comic related, and you'll have more conversation/context here than on Yea Forums. But who am I kidding? Yea Forums hardly reads shit. Fact is you bitching about it isn't helping anybody so shut the fuck up

but now I see... It's a society

How about you shut the fuck up instead of smelling your own farts for once.

GAMERS

*aside

Oh boo fucking hoo. Cry me a river, bitch.

>1950s
>thrown into a vat of chemicals
>2019
>thrown into society
Life really is a joke when you think about it.

>70’s Joker
Got thrown into chemicals
>2019 Joker
Got thrown into our society

Wait, all this time, this was a MOVIE? I thought it was some TV show shit.

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
Woah, woah, woah. See that guy right there? Looks like he lives in a society, huh? Well, that guy? That's actually me. Now, I bet you're wondering just how I ended up in this situation.

Attached: D3Tw3svXkAEqlKv.png (378x272, 172K)

Wrong

Phoenix Arthouse Joker looks like he has potential

Leto Hot Topic Joker was mocked for being so over-the-top edgy

Well, to answer your question, we're gonna have to go back a little bit...
>Movie rewinds back to Veronica leaving him for Chad
Woah, woah, hey! Not that far!

Will Batman be in this movie?

>lives with his mother
>gets his ass beat in public
>humiliated beyond belief
He really is a gamer

he was too pure for this world :(

Attached: joker.gif (480x270, 1.43M)

>Leto Hot Topic Joker was mocked for being so over-the-top edgy
He wasn't even good edgy either. Just the male version of an Edgethot

The red nose is throwing me off, as is the suit color. Hell for all we know Phoenix isn't even the real deal. However I could see the movie ending with a voice over saying
>"Well, that's one way I remember it. There's this over one where I ran away from a circus, and another one where I was wearing this big red fishbowl over my head. Can you imagine? HAHA! Anyway, It doesn't matter. It's all multiple choice for me.
>It ends with Phoenix Joker in a straitjacket, talking to a shrink, IN MODERN DAY
>The entire movie was a bullshit origin story Joker was telling in one of his sessions

Attached: The Joker The Dark Prince Charming.jpg (1200x1174, 311K)

Whys this movie look like it's set in the 50s

Does anyone else finds his ribs to be creepy as all hell like holy fuck I had no idea they can stick that far out!

No we didn't, we made fun of him for having "Damaged" scrawled on his head.

Why do they keep trying to tell Joker stories without batman?? What is the point of a Joker being Joker when Batman is a fucking KID????

The DCEU failed so they're just doing whatever with no (this) or barely any connections (Aquaman, Shazam, etc.)

Leto was hyped until the first DAMAGED photo

Attached: McRibReturns.jpg (480x360, 26K)

>He told me to rise up
>When no one else would

70’s Joker
>Got thrown into chemicals
2019 Joker
>Got thrown into our society

Shit, that's good

Ace Societies Production Plant

That’s the school system.

It'd be the perfect way to replace Leto actually

the fuck
joker doesn't have diamonds over his eyes, a red nose, or red eyebrows. they didn't even try

>Jared Leto announced as Joker
Hey maybe that’ll be okay. He’s an okay actor.
>first look at joker
Uhhhh maybe he’s got all those over the top tattoos because it’s the jokers anniversary. If that’s the real thing than this is fucked
>it’s the real thing
THIS IS FUCKING AWFUL

And that’s how it went.

*huff*
*huff*
*huff*
"13%!"

>I used to think we lived in a community, but now I see...we live in a society.

It's good, but the suit's colors is based on the Cesar Romero Joker, who he also shares a hairstyle with and several other features like the exaggerated clown make up lips.

He seems more like an anti-hero possibly gone too far instead of a straight out villain with this origin story.

Nah. Everybody thought Leto was good casting and fit the part. Then DAMAGED happened

Must be tougher for Phoenix, at least people like jokes

Honestly, I liked it. I don’t feel like we got enough time with him to really call whether it was shit or not, but modern gansta Joker seemed like an interesting take to me. It feels more in line with the “the joker is putting on a play for the world” interpretation to me. Like I could totally see Leto’s Joker live-streaming to an unironic fan page on facebook.

the joker was already supremely outdated when he came out. That was the point. Over time, he's crept SLIGHTLY, but 90s joker was still basically in the 50s, and that made his motif work. At most, I would accept a sorta 70s kinda Smothers Brothers type of Joker.
"modern" can stay the fuck away from the character. We can have a 2010s-themed Joker when we're all zooming around in flying robot cars and he's making these pantomime gestures that only grandpas recognize as being related to "Steering" and "honking the horn" to indicate that batman needs to get out of his way

Unfortunately "cinematic universe" chumps aren't smart enough for a basic twist like this. Even if the DCEU is dead they'll probably make this a legit origin story and bring in Batman by ripping on The Man Who Laughs without the Red Hood or venom angle.

That stopped the second the first image came out. At least now we have the trailer

Why destroy what made the Joker fascinating, giving him an canon origin just kills the mystery that made him great before?

Attached: Hunter X Hunter_On Purpose.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

>I have never read Killing Joke or any comic book in my life. Listen to my opinion on the matter.
That's how stupid you sound.

It's canon that his LIES about his past you liberal nitwit,
>Deosn't remember that the Joker mentioned that he doesn't remember which way his story goes as log as it's multiple choice.
To summarize.. He lies!

Attached: Justice League_Luthor.png (525x700, 288K)

You're comparing throwaway Crisis trash lore to a critically acclaimed graphic novel that's used well more often as a reference point for Batman? You ARE stupid.

The multiple choice quote is literally in the Killing Joke, you numbskull.

Joker already had an origin in the original Batman movie and in the animated series as the gangster Jack Napier who became the Joker after Batman threw him into a vat of chemicals. The recent comics have established this origin as, "one," of the Jokers, and the Joker from The Killing Joke as a different Joker. This Joker's origin I highly doubt will have any effect on comics canon, and if he does, they'll just consider him a different Joker since the comics established there are more than one Joker as far as I know.

Except you got the quote and the context completely wrong. How can he lie about his past if he doesn't remember it? Not once in the book or any other time in the comics has he ever claimed he was someone he wasn't. The flashbacks shown are never directly addressed in the narrative. Only the reader is given these details. If his origin is a lie to the reader then for what purpose did Alan Moore write it? The answer is that it's his actual origin, he doesn't remember it, and you're a moron.

Learn English before posting on an English-speaking board, and more importantly understand English before spouting horse shit as if you know anything about literature beyond your mommy reading you Goodnight Moon.

Attached: I skimmed through the recolored Killing Joke for this shit.png (395x357, 236K)

It practically is Heath Ledger's joker in philosophy it seems. Society making people snap and whatnot.

Just think of it as one of Joker's many "multiple choice" backstories. That's what I'm going to do, and probably enjoy it. It take inspiration from "The Killing Joke", but is not adirect adaptation of it, which is good, because that would be too close to giving Joker a single canon backstory.

>hey guys are you on redddit too?

>if he doesn't remember it?
Pro tip: he's lying.

Three Jokers fucking when?

...(sigh) Thank you.
>Bloody kids don't know shit.

Attached: Justice League.jpg (1280x800, 171K)

There are still rumors of another Joker solo movie with Jared Leto. Hope that doesn't go through. DC's on a good streak right now, I'd hate to see them break it.

Leto wasn't the problem, whoever wrote the script and designed the look is. Hoping he wipes off the tattoos and turns out they were temporary, just some weird shit the joker did.

>DC's on a good streak right now
BoP is wrecking that anyway.

S O C I E T Y

>Leto wasn't the problem
>That fucking witch cackle Joker laugh
>The scenery chewing
>All that stupid """method acting"""
No, Leto and his performance were definitely part of the problem.

the heath joker is going to be a thing forever,huh?

sigh

his laugh was fine and I don't give a shit what goes on "behind the scenes" He wasn't really even in the movie enough to get any idea of how is joker is.

Mark Hamill?

I feel like I got enough to not be impressed with what I saw.

Nah, we have to have duplicate threads on Yea Forums and Yea Forums and the same duplicate discussions and the same duplicate memes and the same duplicate shilling and the same duplicate company wars and battles whenever one of these films or series comes out (every month for movies, every other day for series) until these two separate boards are spitting images of one another. Amen.

The real question with this movie is: how many fans of the superhero genre can be tricked into seeing Pheonix method act his way through some avant garde drama about human misery (and in no way Batman).

That'll determine whether it does Deadpool or Dredd. Honestly, I sorta feel more of a Dredd box office coming off of it. Will probably do better than Live By Night tho.

i'm still holding out hope that damaged joker is mindwiped robin

in that context, the tattoos are actually kind of hillarious

OUT HERE IN THE FIELDS
I FIGHT FOR MY MEALS

He's older than Bats. And Harley is the accomplice to Robin's murder.

That shitty suicide squad movie literally sold because it had The Joker in it. It sold more than a movie about BATMAN AND SUPERMAN, two of the world's biggest icons. Neither movie had good word of mouth, so it was literally just having Joker and Harley (and also probably Will Smith) that made it sell gangbusters.

This movie is guaranteed to sell tickets on the character alone. Add to that that it doesn't look as shit as Suicide Squad and may actually get good word of mouth, and even the people who got burnt by Squad (similar to how people who disliked MoS andcBvS knew better than to see Justice League, killing what otherwise would have sold well on brand recognition alone) will still have reason to check it out, and the fact that this movie is lower-budget to begin with, and— I see it as very unlikely that this movie could be unsuccessful. WB is going to be very happy with this one.

based bloodninja poster

Honestly, seeing as the DCEU is essentially doing a soft reboot (almost like DC Comics does all the time), continuing the universe while just ignoring some shit, I don't even think they need to have an explanation for DAMAGED Joker disappearing. He doesn't even need to turn out to be Jason Todd or whatever. Just have Joker act and look totally different in the next DCEU movie he's in (whether that be a Reeves Batman flick or Birds of Prey), and nobody will miss DAMAGED Joker enough to ask what the fuck happened to him or why he's no longer got his tattoos. We'll be happy to ignore it. Like Springfielders ignoring that Armin Tanzarian isn't Principal Skinner.

1. It shrieks art-house, which already hurts its potential.
2. It's R rated and neither a comedy nor starring Jesus.
3. It lacks either Batman or Ms. Joker, who were both in Skwad.

So it's dead to families, dead to most zoomers, and not terribly appealing to boomers. It seems directly aimed at the Millenials who fell under Heat Legend's spell.
At the end of the day that's not a terribly large audience. This thing better start showing much better trailers than "sad clown gets ass kicked".

Attached: Joker ledger2.jpg (460x276, 34K)

This isn't going to be a Joker for future movies.
He's in his late 40's while Batman is a little brat.
This is basically some sort of odd Gotham movie.

I'm pretty happy with that. I get the appeal of having a cinematic universe for a company and I enjoy a bunch of the MCU and think the connected universe is neat but restrictive. Being able to make a bunch of movies that don't need to connect can give you more varied and interesting films and I'd imagine give the film makers more freedom and allows them to be more creative. In theory at least, WB could still turn up and meddle with shit.

I really don't see the restrictiveness. The MCU manages light stuff like the Ant-Man and Guardians movies alongside drama like Winter Soldier and Civil War just fine. Black Widow is certain to be much different than Far From Home in tone and substance.
WB is still hungry for MCU-bux, so there'll be a regrouping and some other team movie, you can bet on it.

Well obviously Marvel studios can do whatever they like and could do something really off the wall but I don't see it. I'd think they would be the expectation for all movies to feel like they share the same universe. Sure you can have a difference of tone like between Guardians and Winter Soldier but they still have to fit together. I couldn't imagine us getting a movie in the MCU with Scott Pilgrim vs The World style onomatopoeia flying across the screen or other crazy effects that don't suit the rest of the universe. Sure Doctor strange and Antman & Wasp had some cool visual but they didn't really break the mould in terms of the MCU for me.
Lets say you wanted to do a really noir inspired Batman film and you used aggressive colour grading and gave everything an art deco design or just set it in the 20s or 30s. Then you wanted to make a Superman film in a cutting edge, jj abrams shiny Metropolis set in the close future. You couldn't really do that if the two character are meant to share the same place/time or if their expected to meat each other at some point in a JL film.

This one is a stand-alone movie. I was talking about the Joker who will be appearing in the mainstream DCEU films.

The movie is set in 1981.

Better yet, just make Joker completely and obviously different between every single DCEU entry, without any of the characters aware or acknowledging it.

It'd be a fun meta way of having the "multiple choice" theme in the DCEU.

Life itself it's a joke(r)

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TEACH YOU THIS LESSON OLD MAN!

Attached: 983af14b52b995d69c79d432c4a0340a.png (919x467, 882K)

>you think this isn't a comedy? Honk honk

user, I like this idea

HUNKA
HUNKA

At least Ledger was able to do something that the Joker is supposed to be able to do: make me laugh

Is this guy even a good actor?

Incel:The Movie

see it then shoot up a school in your town

Remember, if you’re bullied then it’s not your fault m, it’s society’s fault

someone should shoot society

He's already in the trailer.

Attached: jokerandkid.png (1293x676, 498K)

I had thought they were going for a classy, clown prince of crime Joker. One more TDKR style, though Leto has a small frame. He would of been a good contrast to Ben's edgy ass Batman. But then they went with Hot Topic 2010-bait.

Ahaha

Just as the ending with Joker and Batman, his origin was added to be an interpretation; it can be interpreted to be the true canon origin, or interpreted as what he thinks his origin was that day. While it's told to the reader, it's almost always from the Joker's perspective and initiated as a flashback at certain points in the rest of the story.

Not to mention, this is Batman. Even characters with established origins can have vastly different versions, interpretations, and even totally different origins altogether. Batman's own origin is usually the same, but each retelling does something different, adds different twists. Take that and add a character who they themselves admit they remember it differently every time. Whether this is a lie from Joker about his past or it is the canon to this Joker's origin, it's just another version either way.

fuck you its been getting progressively worse

Test

I shouldn't be laughing at this dumb shit.

Attached: ezgif-1-55b1db5042.gif (517x376, 2.89M)

What man wears purple and green without a smidge of irony?

>white guys dressed like stock brokers attack or sexually harass random pedestrians in NYC
what did they mean by this?

>THESE TRIPS

NOOOOOO THINK OF THE ADVERTISERS