Why did it fail, it had some good moments but it felt so lukewarm

Attached: A1us+iszI3L.jpg (1640x2560, 1.04M)

What good moments? It was a mess since Titans Hunt and just got by on nostalgia.

DC has no clue what to do with these characters. Don't want them to take away spotlight from the JL members so they just treat them like kids still.

>What could've been

Attached: 41769278_380583612478688_8424432846986708818_n.jpg (540x675, 114K)

Bad art, forced roster, disinterested writer. The only reason it sold at all was because people thought something interesting would happen with Wally, but nothing ever did.

Also, DC mostly has older men and chubby nerds as writers, so they are rarely good at writing about modern young people. Even though the books suck Marvel gets that right more often because they have more women and socially active nerd writers.

who would win in a race between the quickster and wally west?

I honestly think that the core 5 original Titans would’ve made an excellent roster if they had a writer with passion instead of just...doing it because he needs another book/editorial mandate.

Because they should be teens and back at their original titles

Dick should be Robin and so on

Can Donna please be in the main WW book for once. I just want some comfy sisterly adventures.

Got completely derailed from being the silver age/ fab five titans reunion book it started as. The first big sign of messing up was suddenly dropping all the work they had made towards fixing Donna's origin and doubling down on the Finch shit out of nowhere. Then we got the roster shake up, and the other shit that's happened since (Dick being shot in the head, Roy dying, Wally getting derailed into being a villain and possibly dying.)

Long story short, DC management hates the classic Titans characters. As always.

We'd need to get Donna back to being Diana's younger sister first, which for some reason DC finds impossible.

People were only reading it for Wally despite Booth's shit art. When Wally left, there was no point anymore.

Attached: 1532068253975.jpg (575x822, 130K)

Really cool how we missed Wally and Kyle reuniting on Titans for King's shitty event

First arc was pretty ok, did a promise of exploring Wally's character and how he turned to be trapped by the speed force. After that Abnett stopped giving two shits and started writing whatever came into mind. Also, unlike Glass' Teen Titans, this book couldn't do anything more after the No Justice event, I mean the Tie-in with Drowned Earth was just an excuse for the team to be out of the picture while Aquaman and the League to handled the shit.

Editorial is consistently retarded when it comes to anything regarding Wondy. Most writers aren't much better about it, frankly.

I feel it'd be easier to have Donna be a stronger presence in the franchise if the Amazons weren't always banished in limbo. Donna is Diana's sister, and Hippolyta's daughter, making her a princess. She might have shit to actually do if her country was allowed to be a part of the greater DCU.

>After that Abnett stopped giving two shits and started writing whatever came into mind
I don't even think he knew where the fuck he wanted to go with the characters after that which is why it was a mess. Compare it to Aquaman which was pretty decent and I liked that he was building on the Atlantis lore.

Marvel was good at writing teens maybe a decade ago but now they're trash.

It's hilariously similar to the original 1999 Titans book, you have a classic team with very dedicated fans who want to see THOSE characters together, and writers who clearly understand exactly what fans want from them and have ideas to develop them.

And then both get derailed and eventually dissolved because the "superstar" writers with editorial's hand on their dicks have their own ideas of how the DCU should be arranged and still do not get the fucking picture that these five should always be together.

I just don't get why they seem to hate the former sidekicks so much yet at the same time will not just leave them alone.
Dan, if you don't like how Nightwing ages Batman so much, why not just stop trying to put him front and center in the Bat universe?

Also, I'll never forgive them for cockblocking Abnett from giving Donna a coherent origin for the first time in 30 years.

Attached: The Brave and the Bold V1955 #54 - The Thousand-and-One Dooms of Mr. Twister (1964_7) - Page 5.jpg (470x407, 100K)

Executive meddling. Taking Wally and Roy out just to kill them was beyond retarded

Fuck off Didio

His hands were tied. He lost most of the roster

That 1990s/2000s series is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Lots of dumb character drama, but also some cute issues of Buckingham art

Under Lobdell it at least had direction but then they redid it to pick up after No Justice and had no idea what that meant.

Dan Abnett

>They have more women
Well women are mentally children so this would make sense.

It was a lot of fun

Attached: The Titans V1999 #1 (of 50) - That Strange Buzzing Sound (1999_3) - Page 20.jpg (1988x3056, 1005K)

At least Kyle got to meet up with Donna again. Now Connor and Alan just need to come back and his supporting cast will be back to normal.

Attached: Kyle thinks superman should get a haircut.jpg (1026x767, 418K)

>It was a mess since Titans Hunt and just got by on nostalgia.
FPBP!

DC isn't invested in supporting them or wanting them to succeed. If they do, that causes problems for the brands they want to succeed.

It's why they'll always push the Wolfman version with whichever new Robin is around.

Abnett and Booth have specifically said they had a bunch of ideas that were okayed, but later told they couldn't do them anymore because someone else was writing something.

I assume this means stuff like Wally and Roy getting snatched by HiC, Geoff Johns having dibs on the Manhattan stuff, Dick getting shot, every single event taking a piss on the team etc etc.

One of my favorite running gags in JLA, across multiple writers, is how Wally's superpowers make him unbeatable in video games.

Marvel is having trouble with writing humans in general lately.

whatever you say dcfag