So the reason why she wasn't around on earth helping the Avengers was because supposedly she was out in space helping...

so the reason why she wasn't around on earth helping the Avengers was because supposedly she was out in space helping other planets that didn't have their "own Avengers", then with that knowledge in mind where exactly was she when Thanos was going around decimating half the population in other planets by brute force? where was she when Asgard was obliterated? or when Ego spread his seeds all across the Galaxy trying to consume them? or when Thanos killed everyone in Knowhere?

Attached: captain-marvel-still.jpg (1000x563, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/23/avengers-infinity-war-captain-marvel-powers-/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't try to find too much logic in that movie...The script was stupid.

Asgard didn't have a pager to call her with. If Fury hadn't hit the oh shit button she'd never even know Thanos was even a thing. Do you have any idea how big the galaxy is?

She was deep undercover stopping the theft of batteries
Because fuck infinity stones, fuck Nova being threatened by a super-kree, fuck the roving genocidal army, you gotta protect those batteries!
Anywho, I'm more eager for Adam Warlock than Ms. Marvel

I am prepared to accept that she was doing whatever she could, moving from crisis to crisis with nary a moment's rest, and then one day she looks up and she quietly goes "fuuuuuuck" because it's been ten years and she didn't even notice.
The universe is a big place.

Nobody actually noticed Ego spreading his seeds, they were small and innocuous. And Asgard, well, who even knew that was happening?

But, yeah, she should have confronted Thanos. If she didn't try we should get an explanation of SOME sort.

Please do not view this as a defense of this character and her obnoxious movie.

Got mindraped by the Skrulls into fighting the Kree for them.

Attached: carol awkward.png (475x821, 461K)

this is like asking why Dr Strange is always busy with cosmic shit, but is fine with the fat guy taking care of it

The universe is big you know. Like have you any idea how big? No because it's impossible to comprehend

>Do you have any idea how big the galaxy is?

52-53 thousand light years.

Exactly, so assuming she can move at the speed of light which I'm pretty sure she can't, it'd still take forever to get to most planets. By the time she finished with one catastrophe Thanos had already moved on, Asgard had already been nuked, etc.

Just don't think about it too much, there was some uh very important off-screen stuff she was doing.

I don't think you quite understand how big the universe is.
Even at lightspeed you'll take a long time to go from relevant planet A to relevant planet B.
I wonder if they'll adress she warps or some shit.

>so the reason why she wasn't around on earth helping the Avengers was because supposedly she was out in space helping other planets that didn't have their "own Avengers", then with that knowledge in mind where exactly was she when Thanos was going around decimating half the population in other planets by brute force?
Shitting on the Kree Empire.
>where was she when Asgard was obliterated?
>or when Ego spread his seeds all across the Galaxy trying to consume them?
Shitting on the Kree Empire, also that one was under the radar, until it suddenly just exploded in threat level in like one hour in 2014
>or when Thanos killed everyone in Knowhere?
I would not doubt that Carol's main focus in the universe since her movie and since settling the Skruls hasbeen making good on her threats against the Supreme Intelligence, and the planets she's been protecting are the ones targeted by Kree expansion and aggression.

Radius.

>assuming she can move at the speed of light which I'm pretty sure she can't

She can. She has become Mar-Vell's superluminal engine, so flying at speeds ridiculously greater than those of light is basically her main ability.

how would she know where Ego was or what Asgard was going through?

She probably is using the jump points Rocket used in GotG and the Kree used Captain Marvel. I don't think It's going to take her years just to get from one planet to the next, but at the same time, there's about 250 billion stars in the Milky Way alone, and 1 trillion in the Andromeda Galaxy, which could mean she's had her hands full in terms of planets to protect without ever encountering the threats we've seen onscreen.

If I can assume there's a magic pager that will let her get to earth in times of a crisis then the only limits on how far and fast she gets there are decided by the writers short sighted whim.

If she can't move translight she couldn't get to earth
STOP FUCKING DEFENDING THIS SHIT REEEE ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR MASS MEDIA SCHLOCK IS SCHLOCK BAYFORMERS FANS DO IT FAST AND FURIOUS FANS DO IT WHY CAN'T YOU MCU FUCKING FAGGOTS DO IT

>Shitting on the Kree Empire.
then where was she when Ronan went rampant and tried to destroy Xandar? if she was so tightly knit in Kree affairs one would think she'd notice something like that especially with how Xandar is a huge beacon in the universe.

It's almost like introducing a big-name character late in the game leads to continuity issues.

She was checking Xeno privilege.

>then where was she when Ronan went rampant and tried to destroy Xandar?
In the actual Kree empire, fighting them.
>if she was so tightly knit in Kree affairs one would think she'd notice something like that especially with how Xandar is a huge beacon in the universe.
Yeah, and they're supposed to be pretty powerful. (I say "supposed to be" because people see them as the power in their region, and they were able to fight an extended war against the Kree, even though it seemed to take all their effort in their capital just to hold Ronan's warship off.) Given what we saw in Captain Marvel, what Ronan does as a rogue agent is just what the Kree Empire does on a regular basis when a race resists their assimilation. I'd imagine Carol would leave a single rogue element menacing Xandar's territory to the Nova Corps, while she focuses on making sure the might of an intergalactic empire doesn't fall on unaligned, unprotected worlds.

>She has become Mar-Vell's superluminal engine, so flying at speeds ridiculously greater than those of light is basically her main ability.

The plot of the film was literally Mar-Vell trying (and failing) to unlock lightspeed travel, and for that she needed the Tesseract, so I'm pretty sure thar without the Tesseract Carol can't travel lightspeed

Her acting is so forgettable/flat.

I’m sure theirs a joke there somewhere

Because she's omniscient, right? She didn't know. Even after Thanos snapped his fingers and dusted 1/2 the universes population, how would she or anyone light years away know why 1/2 of everyone turned to dust?

It's possible she was investigating that very thing when Fury's page reached her and she decided to go to Earth to answer Fury's call.

This is the issue when you retcon characters into a setting -- the logic of the setting starts to collapse in on itself.

Exactly this. Why do people always assume she'd know? She was taking the Skrulls somewhere safe. She wouldn't do that right next to the freaking Kree empire.

Because seemingly Thanos' genocidal rampage is well known across the galaxy, and so was Ronan's work under Thanos.

In over 2 decades of presumably fighting the Kree, you'd think she'd heard that the guy he chased off of Earth joined the forces of the greatest genocidal maniac in the known universe and is going around "cleaning" planets for him.

The reason she wasn't on Earth is because they had no idea where her character was going to land until after A4 was already under way.

Markus said the screenplay to Captain Marvel hadn't even been written when they started Infinity War and Endgame.

comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/23/avengers-infinity-war-captain-marvel-powers-/

Why whenever there's a retcon and people want explanations for it, there's always a twat who goes "oh because they hadn't written it yet"
Yeah no shit, we know, we're talking about the in-universe explanation you git

>Do you have any idea how big the galaxy is
It's only nine realms

shittiest deux ex machina ever

this is all your fault,/co

you made this movies so popular

Space is big, the end.

I guess we'll know in Captain Marvel 2 since Feige hinted on it being set in the past. But my guess she was just dealing with the Kree Empire since in GotG they are suddenly more peaceful with Ronan only being angry about them being peaceful.

I wouldn't even put it past her movies setting up Nova (Feige already said he was happening anyway), maybe Carol meeting up with a younger Rhomann Dey?

>In the actual Kree empire, fighting them.
Kree were already peaceful by then and why they were making the treaty with Xandar.Also Ronan had just gone rogue and was making a deal with Thanos. Maybe she went somewhere else? I guess her movies will explain.

Oh joy the MCU is becoming just like the comics then.

How do people not understand that space is big?

The galaxy is fucking HUGE broham. And there's tons of cosmic heroes like Mar-Vel/Marvel in the comics that don't just show up and stop catastrophic events. Even in Infinity Gauntlet, the only person that attempted to stop Thanos while he was collecting the stones and fucking shit up was Surfer, and he didn't do a very good job.

Attached: 320847.png (838x2600, 1.84M)

Because it's true they hadn't written it yet and that's why you're stuck with your dick in your hand trying to justify the holes in your shitty cape story, faggot.

>why wasn’t this character at every major event

Do you not realize the size of our the universe or our entire galaxy?

In universe-wise, she literally can’t be everywhere and know everything that’s going on at all times.

It’s fucking comic books dude. How manny world ending threats do characters face in comics that make you think “oh hey why isn’t X character here too?” Or “why didn’t they just call the avengers or the justice league?”

Get over it and stop trying to read into shit hard.

Attached: 0089F9B2-479A-4057-971C-A2763FB4EA2E.jpg (600x600, 95K)

Pic related suggests she must have gotten in a tussle with at LEAST the Children of Thanos at some point, which I assume we'll either see in Endgame or one of her sequels. Don't know why more people don't talk about this glaring thing.

sorry forgot pic, but yeah

Attached: Black Dwarf.png (504x603, 433K)

fucking please. If we take a speed of light into account, the whole idea of paging is a complete and utter bullshit (you do realise that even motherfucking pagers are limited by the speed of light, right?)

Attached: 1552292454034.gif (318x188, 2.32M)

Russos said that was a coincidence

>Russos have never lied or given misdirection before

This is like those STD faggots saying, "of course it doesn't look like the Original Series, it's not 1967."

>Markus said the screenplay to Captain Marvel hadn't even been written when they started Infinity War and Endgame.
Uh, no, sorry, the MCU was finely crafted like a swiss watch from day one. Every piece fits perfectly into place, you're just not smart enough to understand how.

>le it's a long way to the chemist excuse
And yet Thor reunited with the Hulk completely by accident.

They needed to retcon her into someone important.

ur assuming the transmission was of the currently known wavelengths unaugment by any other technology... perhaps the page was sent thru wormholes to the equivalent of super rebroadcast antennas spread through out the galaxy/universe

I think a more obvious question is if shes primarily fighting for the Skrull against the Kree and Thanos was backing Kree warriors (Ronan) then how is she possibly ignorant of Thanos and his civilization crushing army?

Nigga space be rilly big, trust

Why would she hear that when she left to fo somewhere far to hide the Skrulls?

If we have magical paraphysical wormholes, then there's no point in talking about a speed of light anymore. Everything happens with a speed of plot anyway.

That movie really did just create massive holes in the whole cinematic universe didn't it, it's goal was to make a character we've never heard of retroactively important which in and of itself is a near impossible goal but the movie couldn't just stop with that. No it seemed to be constructed in the stupidest way possible, with no actual regard for any of the continuity of the world and characters, why the fuck is shield looking like a low budget governmental agency from the 50s? And then what I'm meant to belive that they go from that to having insane sci-fi technologies in large amounts in a decade or two? Why is Fury just some patrolling agent when he should be pretty high up in the chain of command considering where he is by the time of the other movies. (Not to mention all the other problems with his character not acting like a younger version of his character just pure comic relief.) Why is the tesseract on the alien spaceship, how did Mar-vell find it, I thought it was implied that shield retrieved it along with captain america from the arctic ice. I could go on, but it's just so tiresome to think about...

Attached: 45870384.png (680x680, 124K)

Not to mention Carol came back pretty fast from wherever she was. It really doesn't matter.

oh look it's another "why didnt carol show up to stop shocker from interrupting peter parker's homecoming dance" episode

Do you expect her only to be hiding Skrulls for over 20 years?
If she's gone around helping planets as she supposedly says in that scene, then she would have heard about things like Malekith almost destroying the universe during the Convergence (which was centered on Earth), or Thanos' interplanetary genocide (which includes an attempted invasion of Earth), Ronan's "cleansings" (which ended with knowledge of a Terran holding an Infinity Stone spreading through the galaxy), the conquest by Hela and later destruction by Surtur of Asgard, the core realm of one of the largest galactic empires, or the time weird plants nearly consumed countless planets across the universe.

There can be a reason to justify her absence or lack of reaction to all that, but it needs to be a goddamn good reason.
It's why I expected her movie to end with her getting trapped somewhere in space, sent from the 90's to the present, be in a coma, basically anything other than "she's just out there faffing about".

Well, why didn't she?

It did.

>why the fuck is shield looking like a low budget governmental agency from the 50s?
Ant-Man shows the Triskelion being built in '89, with way higher tech than CM shows. The shows, if you count them, show SHIELD already having stopped doomsday events in the 70's, with secret installations built then that hold up far into the future. The only explanation is the SHIELD we see in CM is a low clearance division, but then why would they get to keep and examine the Skrull corpse, rather than it getting escalated right up to the Triskelion?

>Not to mention all the other problems with Fury's character
They completely ruined his implied backstory, the reason he's so secretive and paranoid. Now it's just a dumb alien cat scratch and an infection.
But beyond that, why didn't Fury or SHIELD at large prepare for powerful aliens since the 90's, as soon as the cat puked out the Tesseract? Sure, Fury was lying when he said they didn't know about aliens until Thor showed up, but Widow says they weren't prepared for this shit in Avengers, why didn't they make weapons earlier? They had Zola, Pym, Foster, Vanko, Stark senior. Zola alone could in the 40's, they could have began getting ready the moment Carol left.

>Why is the tesseract on the alien spaceship, how did Mar-vell find it, I thought it was implied that shield retrieved it along with captain america from the arctic ice
Nah, SHIELD found it after WW2. Maybe they handed it to Project Pegasus, or Mar-Vell somehow stole it, but it was not found along with Cap in the arctic.

She was somewhere in new Skrull space for a long time. You think moving planets is easy? 20 years is totally acceptable for whatever she was doing there. Why would she hear about all this stuff that happened away from Skrull space when she was in Skrull space? Shit Thor didn't even know anything about it and he's way more closer than she is.