Hypothetical Batman Scenario

You are made to write a story in which Batman has to make a choice between the life of a little girl or the life of a hardened criminal. If he doesn't choose after a very short period of time, the person behind the affair will kill them both. The person behind this scenario wants to see if Batman really is a hero or some guy who just likes having crazy playmates to beat up or something. Justify the scenario however you want in your answer.

Batman can't rely on outside help to interrupt the choice, nor can he break out his utility belt or bondings. For all intents and purposes, he has to make a choice on how to proceed, even if that choice is to try and get both people out alive.

How would you have him get out of the situation?

Attached: fbd2f42a8afdd7c2be6d1a047cc46aaf1553572270_full.png (640x360, 265K)

I'd rape the Joker.

He picks the girl

He’d tell the guy to shoot him.

He'd come up with some suitably elaborately contrivance that lets him get his way, possibly as a reference to some obscure golden age Batman comic

Then I get Grant Morrison to buy me a steak dinner

Attached: 1385127027449.jpg (616x462, 56K)

I'd have Batman struggle very hard to save both but ultimately failing and choosing to save the girl at the end instead. He will consider this a failure and blame himself for not being able to save both. This will strengthen his resolve which only serves to reinforce his belief in the sanctity of human life. He then tries his best to help the family the criminal left behind as Bruce Wayne.

The comic will of course show that what Bruce did wasn't a failure and that he's the only one who thinks that as the rest of the other heroes see his struggle to cope. So basically it will play like a "you can't save everyone" type of comic while showing that Batman will always try as long as he can to do it anyway.

You can always have Batman save both through some asspulls but storywise it's not that interesting as it's just going to be jerking him off again.

Damnit, Gordon.

This actually sounds really interesting.

give me one (1) reason why batman would ever pick the criminal in that scenario

He saves both

He wouldn't. It'd be a heavily biased choice in favor of guilting Batman for not immediately saving the girl.

Nice! This is what I expect batman to do really.

Contrived situations like this are the opposite of good storytelling.

Girl and criminal are in sepearate rooms but can see what Batman's doing the entire time and can communicate with him while not hearing the other.

Batman tries to figure out a way to save them both, all the while the criminal is shouting that he's gonna kill the freak who locked him up, and the girl is pleading for Batman to save her.

The girl is in hysterics as she sees the clock ticking down, while Batman keeps trying to find a way to save them both.

Ultimately failing, at one second to go, he finally shouts out 'The girl!'. Thug criminal is killed, girl is released, sobbing like crazy.

She then finds out who the criminal is, and reveals that he had raped her. She's extremely upset that Batman tried so hard to save the rapist criminal that had ruined her life, and now caused her to suffer for the last hour while Batman refused to just choose to save her.

He feels bad, tries to get her psychiatric help as Bruce Wayne, but ultimately after so many bad things happening to her, she kills herself.

Batman feels terrible.

Gordon is ashamed he let an asset that could be used against the Joker die.

Thanks anons

Most likely this this is actually pretty good

“I believe you.”

Batman saves both of them

Thanks user. I just think that situations that are difficult would make a hero shine brighter since it allows them to showcase who they really are and why they're heroes y'know. That it's who they are at their core and not their abilities that makes them Superheroes, I wish we get the pure heroic superheroes back someday instead of the edgy events that exist only to shock the viewer or the dark cynicism that is supposed to make them more realistic or whatever.

only correct answer

all star superman is the only book i can think of off the top of my domepiece that shows a superhero doing superheroic shit

Attached: all star superman.jpg (961x1500, 202K)

He save's both but kills himself in the process.

Just like the dark knight movie?

What's so funny about truth, justice, and the american way and Shazam:Power of Hope are good too user. I suggest them if you're into that kind of stuff.

Batman exhausts his options, then gives desperate mighty plea to the puppeteer, which moves the heart of the criminal who overhears it. The criminal commits suicide to spare the girl and spite the villain. Batman saves the girl and apprehends the man behind the curtain. Batman sheds a single grim tear for the loss of whatever goodness or decency was buried in the heart of the lost criminal.

The scenario is more than a little vague.

Does he find like a smartphone on a rooftop and tells the would-be killer which person to take out not knowing where they all even are?
Or is he in the room with them?
Is he being motivated to personally kill one with his bear hands or a gun or what?

Is there a bomb collar around both of their necks and Batman has a remote with two buttons?
Is it just the boat shit from The Dark Knight except the Joker will blow them both up if Batman doesn't push a button?

Batman has a drug within his belt that paralyzes all the muscles within a body.

He uses it on the little girl to carry her body out of the compound, leaving the criminal within the hand of the villain.

The villain, being a Batman villain, kills the criminal thinking that Batman killed the little girl.

Batman then takes off his belt with the built in defibrillator and restarts her paralyzed heart within moments, as the drug kept her heart beat at a very steady pace. He takes her within his bat mobile to his cave, has Alfred and Dick to take care of her.

Hunts down the villain, sends the girl to Gordon for protection and sends her across the nation away from Gotham along with her family.

City thinks Batman is a murderer, but that's the price he was willing to pay to save the little girl.

He visits her from time to time later in life.

She then returns to exact vengeance by killing the imprisoned villain in jail, but is stopped by Batman.

They talk things through, she decides to live in Gotham to fully defeat the impact the villain had on her.

If she kills him, Batman has to live with the fact that he destroyed two lives that night, but if she decides to live well despite its pain, she is a hero in of itself.

Later on, she is seen saving people in a huge event, as decides to join the League or something.

I think that's up to you since it says you are to write the story

fpbp