>still 93%

Yep, is Kino boys

Attached: chadzam.png (750x319, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pinknews.co.uk/2019/04/02/shazam-movie-lgbt-superhero/
youtu.be/9NLuRZ3A76U?t=10
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Tiananmen_Square_protests
twitter.com/272715021
boxofficepro.com/thursday-night-shazam-strikes-5-9m-thursday-night-launch-pet-sematary-digs-up-2-3m-start/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yea Forums wrong again

BOX OFFICE Projections For Opening Weekend:-

Domestic :- $55 Million+
China :- $45 Million To $50 Million

Gold for Billy.

>can't compete with Spiderverse
Not even bothering.

Easily the best DCEU movie so far, also my favorite comedy superhero movie.

How much are you faggots paid to shill cape movies like this? Because it would be sad if you did it for free

Flopcity population Shazam

What's with Yea Forums's obession over capeshit ratings on RT?

now DC has the best hero drama: DK
And comedy: Shazam

Ladderfags btfo

Attached: 23f.jpg (3000x1996, 771K)

About the same as Carolshills: Nothing

Wrong once again Dkek

Attached: Screenshot_20190404-164053_Chrome.jpg (1079x1272, 450K)

yeah, cause critics are to be trusted, and are not just reciting safe opinions on movies/whatever they were paid to recite

*rolls eyes

My biggest interrogation is why do you care?

Nah, Shazam is definitely funnier.

That’s a good opening

Black Panther is only a comedy if you find the idea of niggers making a semi functional country hilarious.

>

Attached: 1527338092648.jpg (912x707, 134K)

>making $100 million on just the opening weekend is a "flop"

WEW lad

imagine seething this hard and wishing for a movie to fail

This unironically. Probably tied with GotG and homecoming for comedy

That's Ladderbro for ya.

Also nice dubs

>Black Panther
>Drama
Is not dark.

Just watched it. Did I somehow miss him, or is Dwayne Johnson not in the movie at all? His name is on the poster.

Anything about 85% is just okay. All that means is that critics agree there's nothing controversial about it.

hes cgi when shazam tells billy about the champion that turned against them

He's a producer on it

You find that DAMN fourth chaos emerald yet user?

>make kino cape film
>give it terrible release date
>give it shit marketing
>it bombs at the box office
What were WB thinking?

Marvel shills will always move goalposts and change what is considered a success to fit their retarded narrative, pay no attention to then.

This. To them First Avenger making 370 million on a 140 million budget isn't a flop but Shazam making 450 million on a 80 million budget is.

Based Billy

Attached: Based+chadzam+_ee7ed0b45af4e8cce984d042063d2831.jpg (947x647, 76K)

>making $100 million on just the opening weekend is a "flop"
Making $100 million domestically? Of course not

Barley making $100 million worldwide? You're goddamn right it is DC dipshit

Can you be banned already?

>trusting critic numbers

How about watching the movie if you're really that interested about it's quality and forming your own opinion about it?

Attached: c.png (729x628, 82K)

If it flops I'll know it's kino

I watched it today. I enjoyed it a lot.

They marketed it wrong, went too much for the "dude he's goofy lmao" instead of a pure superhero

That's making it off just two countries as well. and not including everywhere else. It's not going to have a huge box office but it wont flop either. It's Ant-Man not Avengers

Spider-Verse is the best rated superhero movie isn't it?

>Ant-Man
The movie you people kept saying was a flop? That Ant Man?

Aw does the truth hurt your little feefees?

>You people
I'm not part of your war faggot. Get a grip

I don't care about Yea Forums crossposters or company war cucks. I only want this movie to success for the small possibility of DC compiling more Captain Marvel anthologies after character's popularity gain.

It was really fucking good, not even joking. I went in quite optimistically but it actually managed to surpass my expectations. The story was fantastic and Sivana wasn't likable at all, yet his motivation was perfectly explained. I'd say it had one of the best supporting casts of any superhero movie ever and the action was pretty great too. Great effects which only shows that you can make a quality product with less than 100 million dollars. What surprised me the most though was that the comedy was top notch. I usually don't like comedy because it's just not done well in recent years but the writers actually managed to make the movie funny throughout the movie. Biggest surprise was Darla, that cute fuck. Her actress and the guy who was Freddy really hit it out of the park. Strong and Levi were obviously the standouts

I literally love MoS but I came out of this one actually questioning whether MoS was better or not because I can literally say nothing bad about Shazam which usually never happens with superhero movies for me

I would agree with this in a heartbeat. I'd even go as far as saying that it's the best superhero comedy ever which is a hard feat considering I liked Ant-Man quite a lot

See the thing is man is that if you think Shazam making 400mil is a flop then you have to acknowledge that Marvel has 3 flops. So the MCU has flopped more than the DCEU. But by all means keep going.

The only thing bad I can say about Shazam is that some of the flying CGI could have been rendered better. Apart from that I have no complaints. It's a pretty perfect superhero movie

Why are faggots on this board always talking about box office numbers as if they know anything about finances or business making? It's honestly really pathetic considering most people here probably haven't even studied business in any form whatsoever

Just enjoy the movies you like and stop giving a shit about movies you don't. Both Disneydrones and DCEU drones are retarded. Just grow up and try to have decent discussions for once without resorting to company wars

Neat

Attached: 6FEB027F-5A08-49EC-A8C6-87E1A781B845.jpg (2902x2321, 970K)

>Biggest surprise was Darla, that cute fuck
Darla isn't getting enough praise. Both kid and adult performances were top tier. She was the heart of the movie for me

I thought about that but honestly, it was really great for such a budget. Thought the same thing with some of Deadpool's effects and I'm perfectly fine with that. What I'm not fine is that higher budget movies like Black Panther, Justice League, and Infinity war had atrocious looking CGI in comparison. Also, flying CGI is hard to do in itself but the company doing the effects for Shazam actually managed to do it properly for the most part. You also have to consider how often powers were used because I expected WAY less special effects in this

>if you think Shazam making 400mil is a flop
1) I don't think that and 2) it's not making $400 million

I don't want company wars. I want him to fuck off with his retarded shit

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASED GANG

I hate DCshit and like MCUshit and even I know Cap Marvel was shit and Shazam was better

Never saw Levi in anything before prior to this and I must say he was perfect in the role. I remember people saying they hate how his face looks way too fake, yet Sivana actually says something like "The perfect man" in the movie itself

>Darla isn't getting enough praise
She was the heart of the movie for me
couldn't agree more. it was literally the first time in a movie that I let out an "awh" like some goddamn faggot. perfect casting and perfect performance. I really hope that kid gets more roles offered after this. I bet she probably won't because Hollywood is full of retards

I know, I wasn't addressing you but rather the guy you quoted and everyone else who can't stop to enforce company wars. people should just want quality movies, no matter what company it is

Haven't seen CM yet because I hate Larsson but Shazam was more interesting for me because the trailers looked great (imo). Eager to see CM when it comes out in 1080p but I just have a feeling that it'll be a watered down Captain America + GotG clone, I don't exactly know why

>it was literally the first time in a movie that I let out an "awh" like some goddamn faggot
Was it when Billy said he isn't really her brother? Because I did the same thing.

Too bad it's too little too late after Snyder completely McFucking nuked the DCEU. No idea why they didn't get rid of him sooner.

>No idea why they didn't get rid of him sooner.
Because Man of Steel made so much more than Superman returns. Then they let him make BvS and because they thought they had a huge hit on their hands they allowed production on Justice League before BvS came out as a show of strength . And then BvS came out.

>homecoming
>good anything
Kill yourself

already watched and ready to trash it.

also my room was empty and the endgame tickets sold out..

Someone screencap this

What truth? The one out of your ass, ladderfag

OK

I’m happy, Billy deserves it.

>All but bottom right are smiling
Who hurt him?

This. Perhaps if they didn't have Captain Marvel as part of the new Marvel-lite films but a unique difference from Marvel like the initial DCEU it'd not be a flop in real time.

Attached: Zoomer.gif (507x269, 1.6M)

Superman is Henry cavill... right?

How is the box office doing?

did you all notice that hardcut in the carnival scene?
how embarassing

We don't know yet. All we know is that it had good previews

>DCfags using RT as an indicator of quality after they said it didn't matter for years

Better?

Attached: B51DC7AA-2191-4DC7-84E6-5FA7923E0FCF.jpg (2783x2226, 873K)

GO AND WATCH IT, FAGGOTS! I want a fucking sequel.

nah, when she hugged him when she first saw him. I thought it in my head though when the school scene happened though. fuck, can't remember any cuter scenes in another movie

which one? I don't remember anything of the sort

don't know but my cinema (Germany) didn't have that many people in it. probably because my local cinema was retarded enough to literally hide Shazam up until last week from its "coming soon" list and literally unlocked the ability to buy tickets on monday while promoting the hell out of Captain Marvel and Dumbo. Never seen anything like this before and it kinda makes me mad because it was truly a great movie

One of the few times RT is actually right but I ain't reading those reviews anyway because RT critics are cancer. 99% of the time, they don't mention the story, effects, character development, actors, cinematography, or anything related to the actual quality of the movie. It's always about politics etc so fuck that. Glad that Shazam literally had zero politics in it but only great characters

It's going to get a sequel man don't worry. It's a brand they want to build on.

>Projecting to bomb
>Endgame is going to slaughter it

yikes... DC bros... how do... survive.

If this doesn't get a sequel, I'm raping three WB executives and a clown
>tfw they actually show Black Adam in light form in the movie and Mr. Mind at the end
It HAS to get a fucking sequel, it HAS to!

>"Shazam" opens to abysmal ticket sales everywhere
>international markets completely turned off by Marvel-style humor and endless pandering to zoomers
>true DC fans are far more hyped for Joker, a much more serious movie with actual consequences and drama

Yep, you gamers will sure rise up

They show Mr Mind at the start of the film

>true DC fans are far more hyped for Joker
>talking out of your ass this much
You're a retard. I loved Shazam and I'm hyped for Joker as well. You're probably one of the many Marveldrones in this thread who once again tries to hate on the DCEU just for the sake of it. Grow up, you collossal company war faggot

shazam punches sivana out of the shot and then he's standing in the middle of circus ring with the sins around him and the sins were chasing the kids before

Wut? I thought they only showed the case he was in at the start and the actual Mr. Mind at the end

>>"Shazam" opens to abysmal ticket sales everywhere
Do you have any proof of that?

He was in the case

I called it, for several weeks, that this movie would flop. WB learned the hard lesson that going the Marvel Way and pandering "2 da kidz" for zoomerbux will get you nothing but disappointment. I hope they take the right lessons away from this well-deserved bomb that superheroes need realism, stakes, and maturity in them instead of endless kiddy shit like Fortnight and Apex references. Does anyone else feel this way?

I honestly don't remember that. I'll try to remember that when I rewatch it but iirc, the entire circus ring scene was normally shot

Nah You see him in his jar when kid Sivana goes to the rock. And when billy goes the jar is smashed. So he must have escaped when Sivana freed the sins

>marvel style humor
Because Shazam was always a serious dark character like batman and the joker, right?

So you don't have proof ?

Fuck you. I'm . STTOP FUCKING COPYING ME.

You mad your thread got deleted? Better make a meme about how gamers are oppressed

>Does anyone else feel this way?
No I think you're a complete faggot

>that shot
I'm so happy, he's my favorite villain

Again, just saw you here too, fuck you.

I’m the real Snyderfan and I believe gamers should rise up against the Matriarchy a

So the case was shown twice? I must have missed out on that. I only remember the broken case

You talk like a child, mate. If you seriously think this movie deserves to bomb, you don't actually like comicbook movies. Shazam had a perfect mix of serious tone and comedy and this comes from someone who usually hates comedy in cape movies. The only thing standing in Shazam's way is people who want to see both CM and Endgame because people don't like to see three movies in such a short time in a cinema. Endgame is obviously a must but many thought CM was a must as well to understand Endgame. I chose not to watch CM but Shazam and Endgame so go figure
As long as Shazam breaks even and gets a sequel, I'm satisfied. It does deserve to make a lot more than that based on the quality of the movie though

Not in this but he's still under contract and wants to do mos2, thinking this movie might make enough buzz to make an push it through. Hopefully with no Snyder thistime.

>hey sivana I'm your dad and I'm gonna join your brother in bullying you for no fucking reason
defend this

Attached: 1552677504258.jpg (236x236, 12K)

he's a shitty dad, what is there to defend?

Oh shit, I missed it. Thanks for mentioning that, I'll pay attention next time

He's being childish. The movie had far better humour than all MCU movies except for maybe Ant-Man 1. The MCU is too reliant on one-liners in my opinion which could be fixed by using better writers for the comedic parts

Shut the fuck up. Stop copying me calling this stuff out because you're mad your zoomer film turned out to flop.

shitty writing

He looked liked cavil though

>Nobody has ever had shitty parents

Attached: 1040461-superman_reeve.jpg (445x363, 28K)

How dare you, I’m the real deal, you beta male, GRU against the Matriarchy and release the Snydercut already Marvel Shill

I love the Snyder movies (not JL) but if I'd have to decide between
>epic MoS2 with mediocre box office
and
>top-tier Shazam-like MoS2 that guarantees another sequel
I'd take the latter. Snyder makes great movies when left to his own but WB just can't stand it for some reason so they should just not hire him anymore. Either, you give a director freedom or you don't hire him, simple as that. They basically butchered BvS and JL

Yep, think that was their intention. Seems like they're trying to gauge if they should play ball.

problem is they really want to sell you on the idea that he's a shitty father to the point of it being forced. the shitty dad even joins the brother in laughing at sivana.

I just saw it. I was that weird guy you see in the theater by himself when you take your family to a quiet weekday showing. IDGAF though. Enjoyed it although I didn't laugh at most of the humor (too much 4channel ruins your sense of humor) and the story wasn't anything special. Not that it needed to be. the end fight was better than I expected, much better. WW was mostly great but the ending sucked. Shazam doesn't have that problem.[\spoiler]

He was a great superman with a shitty synder. >that aquaman joke at the end

>the shitty dad even joins the brother in laughing at sivana.
Well fuck Mr Perfect family I don't know what to tell you other than some fathers really are that shit

What the FUCK are you even talking about? Nigga, have you ever watched TV in your life? There are loads of fucked up families and especially loads of crazy parents out there who should never have children. There are literally parents who rape their children, do you think parents who bully their kids would be less common than that?

>no cyborg
Thank God

If you have nothing to say after your spoiler you don't have to include the [/spoiler] by the way

So fucking glad the DCEU finally has a good movie.

The rest of the Justice League was in the credits. I don't remember Cyborg. He should stay with the Doom Patrol

He obviously prefered the brother and only chuckled when the brother made fun of him. It's not like he started laughing like a maniac. Also, it's literally the same actor as Lionel Luthor so you can pretty much imagine Lex' back story if you really need more characterisation because it's basically the same issues the father has with his son

this

>DC finally has a good movie
>bombs so hard they go back to Snyder shit

Cyborg was the best character in JL though. Sad to see he isn't getting a solo movie because they could do a low-budget movie for that one, easily

MoS, WW, and Aquaman were objectively great movies. Obviously not perfect but no cape movie is (not even my favourites SM2, TDK, and X2)

Nigga my dad laughs at me all the time, it happens

what is it with you "IT'S BOMBING SO HARD" faggots? why are you even in this thread if all you do is talk about box office numbers which haven't even been released yet? are you that much of a low-life? wait, you don't even have to answer that question because it's apparent that you are

Well 1) It's not going to bomb and 2) Aquaman made so much money that Snyder will never be back

you know shitty dads that in fact bully their kids themselves do exist, right?

>faggots
There's no need for the plural. It's one autistic guy

188 reviews now, still 93%

>low-budget cyborg movie
No thanks, I'd rather have Static Shock

probably true. It's just so annoying that shitposting is never banned by mods. Disneyfags are obnoxious as fuck and recently, I've seen the same happen with DCEU drones (not DCEU fans) who just make bait threads and shitpost instead of having decent discussions

it's a really stupid scene and it doesn't make the case for why we should sympathize with Sivana. it's like Joker resenting society for getting kicked in the nuts.

fuck, why not have both? they can team up too somewhere down the line

Who showed up in the credits?

>Shazam could flop and not get a sequel
well, at least Billy finally got his movie and it was good, and we got to see Mr. Mind in live action

Attached: Shazam-Official-Images-17.jpg (1934x1088, 746K)

>Disneyfags are obnoxious as fuck
Are they just over compensating for Dumbo being an actual flop? But you're right. I was happier before I knew about Rotten Tomatoes or Box office shitposting

What is it with slack-jawed faggots saying it’s bombing when box office numbers haven’t even been reported?

Attached: F1D9C33D-8C6D-4BE0-942C-4A86B52559E0.gif (332x332, 1.68M)

I think rights issues for Static is the main reason why they didn't use him despite his bigger popularity

why should we sympathise with him if he has become a literal psychopath? this sympathy bullshit is getting more and more insane with every cape movie. A character needs proper motivation, that's it. The viewer doesn't have to feel sorry for a villain even if it sometimes helps to understand the motivation. I for one felt sympathy at the beginning because I have seen some shitty parents in my life. Didn't feel sympathy when he was an adult though

>it's like Joker resenting society for getting kicked in the nuts.
So getting attacked by some strangers is the same as having a shitty childhood with a father who blames you for everything? Sure thing. You're either underage or just stupid

It was a cartoon thing during the credits that had the Shazamfam interact with the DCEU Justice League. So there was no Green Lantern either

Because Ladderbro doesn't care about facts, only his console war.

The credits were a moving comic in which Shazam and the Shazam family do all kinds of stuff with the Leaguers. Batman, Flash, Supes, and Aquaman were shown. Darla had a race with Flash, Shazam stole Batman's Batmobile and dragged Batman through the streets, Shazam arm-wrestled with Superman and won, Shazam went out on a date with WW and got a kiss from her. That's all I remember

marvelfags who don't enjoy movies being made of good characters with cute actresses (mary)

Is Billy one of the seven founders of JL? I don't remember him usually being included

Because the tracking for China is apparently at 45mil OW. Which is somehow really bad even though that's more than Doctor Strange, Spider-Verse, Ant-Man, Wonder Woman and only slightly behind Justice League and Ragnarok.

I mean it's only 3mil less than what GOTG2 got there and Shazam cost less than half to make

They're compensating for not having a brain, it's that easy. Company war fags are the worst and literally never have any decent arguments. I've had better discussions with people hating on the DCEU while being respectful and objective than with people being in favour of MCU movies because it's always "It was so much fun!!! What? Character development? Story? CGI? Don't care because it had jokes!!!"

meh, that sucks. Static is a great street-level superhero

I was hedging my bets in case I messed up the spoiler tag. What I really wanted to talk about was how fuckable Megan Good was in the end. Sweet Jesus! I almost feel bad about it since mentally she's like 6 years old, but hey, it's just a movie.

It's actually funny seeing the Ladderbro gang on that box office forum in awe that Shazam picked up steam on fandango pre-sales in the last few hours

Attached: 2048204.jpg (584x144, 32K)

Please give it a sequel
anyone else sad he doesn’t but have his little glasses

Attached: 65D51748-2A3D-4A31-AFF5-FBFBF9C88C15.png (1125x2001, 1.32M)

>Not one case with a literal big red cheese
0/10

I've never seen it in a comic before but here, he obviously isn't. The fact that he knows Superman by the end of the movie, makes it obvious that he's part of the League now and probably the first newcomer

>look her up on google
>37
FUCK. ME. HARD!!!! What the literal fuck, holy shit! She was hot as hell

>South Korea complaining the movie is too childish

Attached: 1455137344849.jpg (259x264, 31K)

There's only one thing I care about.
Is Mary Marvel cute?

I went today and the room was empty, save 6 seats including myself.

They straight up copied Justice League War

Oh God yes

Attached: DRKQqj_VwAAeczD.jpg (1200x1200, 305K)

I'm just glad he exists as an actual caterpillar and isn't a mind parasite or some shit

It really wasn't that childish except for some Freddy scenes. Even the Darla scenes didn't feel that childish but just endearing

She was pretty cute although adult Darla was cuter

I'm gonna say it. I'm gonna say the S-WORD!

What is she now that he's not Captain Marvel?

>Lionel Luthor wouldn't bully his son

Got any pics

I know, I don't get their complaining
It's as 'childish' as Homecoming

user it's Thursday. Also pics or didn't happen

"Sword?"

Who's "ladderbro" anyway? Yea Forumsris Chan of our generation or what?

It's pronounced sword. Not sword

37 isn't really old... plus, good black don't crack
Are early Thursday screenings usually packed? I thought it was a way for vulnerable people to skip potentially dangerous midnight screenings.

Homecoming wasn't childish either. I was surprised that I liked that one but I hated it too because it was a dogshit Spider-Man movie. Really wasted potential with that one but I'm also a "muh web-slinging" faggot so yeah

Well I feel foolish.

The earliest screenings today were 4pm so in that case I'd imagine they would be empty, it's very much unheard of too

I've worked in a theater. Unless it's something huge like Star Wars or Avengers weekdays are fucking dead. I keep telling people if you want to see a movie by yourself you dont have to wait until the second or third week. Just go on Wednesday or Thursday. Especially Thursday. A quick look at Box Office Mojo will show you that's the deadest day of the week

More like the Bizarro vesion of that "Marveldrone" poster who always used to call anyone who likes MCU movies a marveldrone, and would post one of like 3 reaction images of a military drone, or Green Day in response. Ladderbro does the same thing, except its whenever someone likes DC. He's always convinced DC is going to crash and burn, even when it makes no sense, even if he has no evidence.

Not the guy you quoted but in my town, first days (thursdays) are usually packed. As I mentioned before, my cinema unlocked the movie on monday and didn't have the movie featured on the main site so that could be the reason. They probably want to build hype for Endgame to get the big bucks but it's just sad that they're willing to leave behind a legitimately great movie like Shazam in order to do so

IIRC he was a namefag or a comicvine user who hated DC comics so hard he became a Yea Forums's inside-joke.
No one seems to remember who he is exactly though.

>love Phase 1 of the MCU and Winter Soldier
>love the DCEU (JL and SS were okay)
>get called Marveldrone and DCEU shill
People are fucking retards who just can't stand someone having a good reason for liking or disliking movies

Why I listen to Grace Randolph. She keeps harping on about the Mexican kid being a potential LGBT character because of a throwaway line of him "not being interested in that stuff" when they run out of the strip club

Why are you listening to that crazy cunt in the first place?
>tfw went to a strip club 10 years ago
>literally came out of it thinking the same thing
It was a totally understandable comment. I just felt uneasy having some chick dancing for money and undressing in front of like 20-30 guys. I still love it when a girl does it for me privately. Further proof that many American woman just don't get what men actually think

I'm not anymore. She's a damn brainlet and so am I for giving her views

You really think that's just a random throwaway line?
pinknews.co.uk/2019/04/02/shazam-movie-lgbt-superhero/
The people behind the movie back her up on this. LGBT inclusion is a calculated effort. Now, you can complain that they're queerbaiting, but that's not Grace's problem.

>they copied the source material
Is this a problem?

looks good

Attached: Billy.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

>implying that wasn't meant to be a gay line
You people rant about the SJW shit in Captain Marvel, but you think this is just a coincidence?

We better have a scene of him sneaking into a Male strip club in the sequel then

That costume sucks ass

>queerbaiting
Do anything further than bait and you'll get people like complaining about forced diversity and SJW boogeymen.
That makes zero sense. Are you implying they're sabatoging WB for Disney? They're going to make bank off of WB AND Disney.

There's no point in watching reviews for movies, doesn't matter what company. Youtubers are way too biased and always say shit in order to please their money-giving overlords. It's pathetic
I just try to filter out comments on Yea Forums and Yea Forums where people post both pros and cons without sounding like collossal company-war assholes. It's usually the safest bet because even fans of a franchise often admit when a movie is bad

The costumes were fucking great

the bolt is horrible

It’s literally the costume from the comics you fucking idiot.

I honestly didn't have that impression at all because his sexuality was never a point of discussion in the entire movie. The guy was quiet most of the time

I like it. also looked great in the movie
>Are you implying they're sabatoging WB for Disney?
of course they are. having Avengers posters everywhere secures that people are going to see it. every Shazam poster is a threat to a full Endgame hall. It's a wise business decision, I'm not arguing that at all

>They're going to make bank off of WB AND Disney
yeah, but it's smarter to try and make more off of a movie that has been 10 years in the making. Why would they advertise Shazam when they can't do it 100% due to Endgame?

Attached: Sword Lunch.gif (510x280, 2.79M)

>costume straight out of the comics
>"IT SUCKS!"
>costume that is not faithful to the comics
>"IT SUCKS!"
there's no pleasing some people here

>old costume that's bad
>"IT SUCKS!"
>new costume that's bad
>"IT SUCKS!"

its not though

Attached: shazam-first-revival-captain-marvel_1_1b1c97a1202aac0cbf1a63b94df3ac5a.jpg (360x480, 55K)

Hey, Einstein.

... you listening?

Endgame isn't fucking out yet! Shazam's opening weekend performance will have no impact on a movie coming out 3 weeks later, that everyone and their cat is planning to see anyway. I will assume any attempt to argue about this is trollbait.

user your gay

Did ladderbro kill himself?

The strip club served free chicken wings and he's more of a hamboigahs fan

We can only hope

replace one

Attached: Shazam! (1981).webm (640x480, 890K)

How is it bad? Look almsot exactly like his New 52 look.

If anything they'd want to make more WB money. Because of Disney's power, they are able to demand a better cut of the ticket sales from various theater chains. I agree, that dude's fucking clueless about how the industry works. Not saying I have specific box office percentages, but as we all know, the average takeaway is 50% and can skew higher/lower depending on the studio's influence.

He's busy not existing and laughing at the terrible box office results

Sup ladderbro. You mad that DC has the better captain marvel movie?

it's much better than the New 52 costume

>Shazam's opening weekend performance will have no impact on a movie coming out 3 weeks later
That's where you're wrong my little DChump

Attached: 1553273258172.jpg (734x826, 271K)

It's only Thursday

What fucking box office results are you prattling about? I haven’t seen a single image showing box office results.

yikes lol

it looks worse than the new 52 for sure

Attached: image.jpg (915x1388, 313K)

Are you still posting that cringe as fuck picture?

Already outpacing Aquaman

>better
>one has a billion and the other won't even make $100 million worldwide in its opening weekend
Whatever you say dipshit

Literally the same thing just without the light-up boots.

Shit bait. Kill yourself.

>and the other won't even make $100 million worldwide in its opening weekend
You keep getting crazier with this shit

which I posted originally sarcastically

Because it's true

People are saving their money for multiple viewings of Endgame and ignoring these lesser movies

Attached: 1554247186823.jpg (1067x1543, 717K)

Captain Marlel hasn't beat Aquaman yet. Keep dreaming

>MERELY PRETENDING

I'm still laughing at him thinking DC's Black Label was a movie thing and he was shitting at the movies for it.

>zap-tain america

Attached: 1527392467393.webm (508x534, 66K)

Prove it

I'm not him

IT'S NOT FAIR
ENDGAME OPENING NIGHT FUCKING SOLD OUT

>Thursday
We already went over this, Mr. Ladder.

>I'm still laughing because I'm a fucking retard

Attached: DC Black Label.jpg (1079x1818, 676K)

>a showing on a Thursday isn't doing as well as the final movie in a decade spanning series
Wew. Keep moving that goal post

You posted this same dumb shit on Yea Forums and we all laughed at you.

Get some new bait, retard.

Is she trying to do the Dreamworks face?

She's so expressionless I can't tell what this image is trying to convey

Wow a literal who making up shit, tell me when it's official.

Why does ladderbro always pop in these threads and claim he doesn't exist?

It makes it obvious that yes DOES exist.

>implying it’ll be the last movie
Disney shit the bed with Star Wars so they’re gonna milk the fuck out of the MCU.

We got the Thursday numbers for Vietnam and they're 203k. Which is only 50k less than Dumbo's entire weekend. Looks like it's heading for profitable but not a smash hit. Which is the worst result for this fucking board because it means shitposting for months

BvS was great, what are you on about

>Vietnam
WHO
FUCKING
CARES

the 1 briellion face

What amazes me is that he doesn't have a life, he's always there in these threads 24/7 or at least every time of the day go to the board and check the time.

Unless multiple people get payed to do the same shit in different times of the day I doubt it, but the single neet autist theory makes more sense.

I don't. It's the only numbers we have.

the people who expect the movie to make money.

>cheering for money you’ll never have
Yeesh.

She can make a quantillion for all I care she still looks meh.

Unironically, hope that this girl never gets another role, because the odds are strongly in favor of her suffering some kind of sexual or emotional trauma in the industry.

I'm glad you liked it man but most people didn't feel the same

I think the Vietnam numbers are actually from wednesday

I doubt Warner Bros. is pissing their pants over what Itaintmeland thinks about their capeshit.

Does that make it better or worse?

Correction: it's actually from a early screening from last saturday

Odds are it'll be last for the general public. After endgame the mcu will be zombie mode

Aquaman made more than a billion and people still said it flopped, no matter what movies makes people are going to act like retards.

The capemovie shills took over Yea Forums and from what I've heard they also took over Yea Forums, it got to the point that they even invade comic discussions.

Ladderbro went searching for numbers for France, Italy and South Korea to post on reddit (without source)

I don't know guys, I think Ladderbro might be right. Pic related is my theater right now and the movie starts in like 10 minutes.

Attached: D3WOpjUWsAEKdaD.jpg (675x1200, 95K)

This is the face of 1 billion. Try to catch up Captain Fungal

Attached: aquaALTTOP.jpg (1200x813, 92K)

What time is it where you are?

Does fandago allow you to keep your ticket stubs? I don't know how this works, but I want to see the movie on a thursday

So.. Is he still Captain Thundercrack or is he now "Shazam"? The ending didn't make it clear

Didn't the kids call him Red Cyclone?

He had a whole bunch of names because Freddy could never stick with one

I bet you also color in Sonic Boom's arms tan.

Attached: Screenshot_20190404-215935.png (1280x720, 327K)

p-link-ett

He held the camera in portrait mode though

>that entire youtube montage
cringezam

He's not "Captain Marvel" but he's not "Shazam" either, so the same goes for them, they just get powers. No real superhero names yet or ever

Fuck off Jean, leave Bobby alone

>Shazam flops
>Joker makes bank
>We will never get away from dark and gritty DC

Attached: wojak-suicide-57fbf34784a46.jpg (1059x962, 312K)

The life of a DC fan is one of neverending suffering

That's why the smart people jumped ship

Attached: 1554371705193.gif (540x250, 2.09M)

Why are you replying to yourself?

But I liked Aquaman and Shazam. Shazam was a much better movie than Captain Marvel. I just don't get it

Attached: 1487526529284.png (554x543, 412K)

He's not. I'm genuinely upset by this

Is this better than WW?

190 now. Still 93%
But go ask Spider-verse how relevant RT scores are

Yeah it is

>Spider-verse
>made gangbusters and won multiple awards
Seems to mean a lot if that’s the case.

ask the real Captain Marvel how much relevancy RT has

>made gangbusters
It made 374mil with the same budget as Shazam

Very, DC has a bonafide good movie now without feminism or race boosters, just wholesome family fun

WW had a better story, Shazam is just the funniest DC movie.

What the everloving shit does Spider-Verse and Shazam have to do with CM?

Shazam is the real CM

Watched this with my Yea Forums-workers and it was great. Had a good time.

It's okay. A solid 7.
Darla is best girl.

Animated movies tend to make less than live-action movies. Also making $374 million from a $90 million budget is far beyond the break even point.

It was more comfy than anything else. I don't know if I'll remember much of it tomorrow though.

This might be the first genuine Certified Fresh rating a DC movie got ever since Batman Begins

TDK = Ledger
TDKR = Nolan
WW = Women

>Also making $374 million from a $90 million budget is far beyond the break even point.
Then why is Shazam going to flop?

I really like WW but I'd disagree. Shazam's story went a bit deeper for Billy's character so it seemed to me but both are great movies anyway. As someone who has watched WW 3 times now, I'd say Shazam was slightly better

Who the fuck is this ladderbro you guys keep talking about?

Attached: What the fuck is this.jpg (2448x3264, 2.8M)

>Then why is Shazam going to flop?
I never said it was going to. Personally, I’m putting the floor at $400 million, which would still be amazing for it.

No I'm saying it's going to. If it's only doing 600k for it's OW in South Korea then it's fucked

Please go away newfag

I really do want to see this again. It's a pretty good movie.

Then go see it again

Who bases overral box office results on South Korea?

It's the second biggest Asian market. Wait is that 600k for the OW or just Thursday?

>It's the second biggest Asian market
But the two markets most people give a fuck about is China and the US, and the projected OW for the US is $45 million. Given it’s 3 weeks before Endgame, and that there isn’t any other movies people will give a fuck about, it’ll do fine.

>Because Man of Steel made so much more than Superman returns.
Even that needs to be asterisked because Superman Returns didn't have to cover just its own budget but all the failed attempts at a 5th Donnerverse movie that never got off the ground for some dumb reason.

Honestly it deserves it

You could've told me this 10 years ago, it's useless for you to tell me now because we both know there's no way out of here

Now tell me more about this Yea Forums ladderbro guy so I can report him the next time I see him

Attached: ogre.png (311x279, 196K)

just wednesday

Muh evil marvel shill boogeyman DCasuals made up to feel better about themselves. "Nobody's ACTUALLY criticizing DC, it'll all Ladderbro!"

How do you catch a falling bus by the windshield?
How does that fucking work. It was already cracked. He held it up by the windshield. How?

Aquaman?

Also not using Nolan for Begins but using him for TDKR is retarded as well but this entire post was

SHAZAM! is surprisingly good, saw it today, it's funny and action packed without being Disney-like stupid.

His face was on the windshield, not his arms

Magic.

Levi deserves to become a big name star

Attached: DATFACE.png (980x530, 632K)

Watch again. His hands were on the windshield. Directly on the glass. Both hands.
Pay attention.

I want to assume this

>just wednesday
Really, just Wednesday? What's the fucking panic then?

it's ladderbro grasping at straws

>this much damage control from disneyfags

I just watched today.
>mfw Billy met his biological mom
That stung way more than it should have.

Attached: 1554392113801.png (160x245, 36K)

Not gonna lie, I was more hyped to see Shazam than another batman movie

>ladderbro
Stop this shit.

apparently it's the worst wednesday "ever" for a superhero movie but we don't know that because no source was presented and nobody can check on flicks like elektra and catwoman (both actually opened high in france - one of the 3 countries nitpicked - which shows french are fucking retarded and for some odd reason they're hating shazam.)

What's also odd is that Shazam is getting less screens in France than fucking Wonder Park which is a worldwide flop while Captain Marvel which is estimated to make only 35% of Shazam's weekend still gets more screens on it's 5th weekend

In the comics, is he capable of saying Shazam without changing back and forth? It seems pretty inconvenient to not be able to say your own superhero name without revealing your identity and making yourself powerless in some situations.

Pretty sure his super hero name is Captain marvel.

Attached: 1554301667705.jpg (819x768, 113K)

His name hasn't been Captain Marvel for a long while.

Now I'm going to jump in and reveal how much of a fucking autist I am. I kept track of how many tickets were sold on each showing of Shazam in my local theater yesterday. I've had the week off so I had time to do this. Shazam sold at least 208 tickets and took in $2496. Now that's just Thursday, in my tiny as fuck country and at my theater which has the lowest ticket prices.
I don't think this is going to be the disaster some here are hoping for

Not major spoilers, but this made no fucking sense:
>1974
>villain's dad is old enough to have a teenage son, looks at least 40-something
>2019
>he basically looks the same
45 is a pretty long time. I don't see why he'd still be there working, instead of retired or whatever. Nice to see Lex's dad from Smallville in something though.

Also, is it just me or was Mary actually hotter than her Shazam counterpart? I Googled it and the actress was at least 21 when filming this movie, despite playing a teenager.

How long is long?

At first Shazam was just the magic word, not his hero name, which was Captain Marvel, so it wasn't a problem. Then they retconned that and changed it so he has to have the "intent" to transform when he says the word because apparently intent is important with magic or some dumb shit like that.

>rape their own children
Can confirm. That shit happened to my older siblings and I. People who act like mothers are amazing just for pumping out kids are the fucking worst.

He's been directly referred to as Shazam in JLA,
there's even a gag when he switches with firestorm and he keeps saying "Oh, hey i'm Shazam. Oh, I'm not Shazam now." and he keeps switching forms

They changed it alongside the New 52 relaunch, so 8 years ago.

Yeah, Mary's cute.

like forty years

>inconvenient
That's an understatement. Black Adam (the evil Shazam basically) is so old that if he ever says his name, he's going to instantly become old as shit and die. He can never transform back.

Felt the same way, but I am glad that you went ahead and did the research so I don't have to repress those feelings and thoughts.

>apparently it's the worst wednesday "ever" for a superhero movi
Hard to belive that when Fan4stic's entire weekend was 1.5mil. Did anyone in that reddit thread even ask for a source?

Yeah, Grace is way hotter. I half expected her to "transform" by just changing her clothes and everybody doesn't notice because "she's the perfect woman"

Looks like another case of American critics and reviewers overhyping a movie that doesn't translate well to international audiences

Nowadays I always look it up before commenting. Cailee Spaeny has me confused as fuck, lol.

Green Lanterns opening weekend was 840k. Don't get me wrong this still isn't great for Shazam but this "Worst opening ever" sounds like horse shit to me

redditor that posted it was clearly a marvelfag who believes superhero movies started with the MCU

Speaking of Fant4stic, I saw it opened higher on France than Ant-Man. What is France's problem?

God this picture is so stupid, I love it

Thing really gets France's rocks off.
I'll see myself out now.

They read more comics

Apparently it translates to 634k. If that really is just Wednesday we can times that by 5 for the entire weekend. So 3.1mil and well above Spider-Verse. So much for worst opening ever

I just saw it. I wanted golden age Billy and story but even though I hate the multiculture pals bullshit of new 52 Captain Marvel this movie was fantastic. It is exactly what a cape movie should be and is fun for the whole family. It harkens back to why Captain Marvel was beating Supes in the eyes of children and I hope it makes a ton of kids interested in comic books. Lots of fun nods to people who know the story and a handful of fun cameos like the Anabel doll in the pawn shop. The only real issue I had with the movie is Mary did fuck all.

I hope this is an eye opener to DC to understand that a ton of the laughs from this movie stem from Golden Age silliness and will be more open to the possibility to going full OG with some franchise.

I need a statue of that Mr. Mind.

I guess France can't get enough of Red Richard, his wife Jane and their eternal rival Dr. Fatalis.

Did they even show Mary's power? She just got attacked by a tentacle monster and I don't remember anything else

The foster mom was hot, especially when she was wearing that white tank top. Gave off some serious mommy vibes.

That's what I am talking about, she was shoved into nothingness. All she did was judo throw one of the Sins.

So how does this work each of those kids have a power like speed, strength and flight while Billy has all of them?
Also there were 7 chairs right?
If so who is the the 7th guy?

My only real complaint were the monster cgis, but it's what I expected for a movie with such a small budget. It only really stood out because of how great the rest of the movie was.

They all get all the powers, but specialize in one in particular. Like Pedro isn't as fast as the others despite having super speed, but he's way stronger.

So Billy has a balanced build while everyone else min maxed?

Yep, believe Eugene gets some technomancy shit from "wisdom"

I really wanna see how that exchange went
>Shazam flying over metropolis lost since Billy has never been there
>Holding a map up in the sky in the way of air traffic
>"Can I help you son?"
"Yeah I need some help finding superman can yo-"

In the golden age they got a fraction of Captain Marvels full power and depending on if Jr and Mary were both using their powers at the same time as Billy each was significantly weaker. It was sort of

>Just Billy 100%
>Billy + Mary 70/30
>Billy + Mary + Jr 60/20/20

The new 52 version I have no idea.

Oh cool uploaded on my birthday

What did each specialize in?

Best dceu movie bar none. Better than captain marvel as well

Can someone explain to me why someone would possibly take in foster kids?

I know Darla was speed of Mercury

Attached: __freddy_freeman_billy_batson_darla_dudley_eugene_choi_mary_batson_and_etc_dc_comics_drawn_by_sen_se (960x1148, 1.01M)

Mary was wisdom. Eugene was Zeus

Assume Pedro was Strength, what was Freddy?

So can they become a Shazam version of themselves at will now or only when Billy casts the spell?

You can't have children, you want children.
You were a foster child.
You are trying to be a good person in a world where most normal people would not foster an innocent child who deserves a mother, father, and loving home
You are a modern 2019 shitstain and wish to show yourself as progressive like a majority of starlets and other hippy liberals do
You are dirt poor and can make more money off of gibs and doing nothing from the government by taking children in

These are the most common reasons.

if this flops I won't go see it on sunday because all I will be thinking about is the flop and won't be able to enjoy it
internet ruined movies for me

You forgot Captain Thunder, 70s Shazam and Black and White Captain Marvel.
youtu.be/9NLuRZ3A76U?t=10

Attached: H3257-L96343033.jpg (750x570, 34K)

Courage. fitting that he matches with Achilles since his legs are his weakness

I assume its permanent, hence why the sins told Sivana to grab the staff.

Yea Forums discussing box office is always painful an ignorant.

How so. What are we wrong about?

I always forget courage, it's important though your opponent is a cold blooded killer

Attached: shazam2.PNG.png (368x285, 236K)

>Yea Forums is always painful and ignorant.
Yea tru.

What if I'm not married?

Company fag crusaders that take a multimillion company' success as their own. They're only here on Yea Forums making ladder posts to feel better about themselves, simultaneously trying to shit on the perceived "other side" as if they're winning an imaginary war between fanbases.

It's pitiful, really

Attached: JointFamousGrayling-size_restricted.gif (520x293, 3.45M)

Based comic bro

Attached: 1554045282931_image.png (432x99, 9K)

Anyone have that panel of Sivanna saying "fuck it, Imma take this gun and shoot down policemen in the streets"?

It's Adam. The Wizard's staff is broken, so no to any new Champions.

So is that hat Sivana is about? When all his bullshit super science schemes fall apart he just becomes an ice cold killer?

No, the wizard said he granted the powers to a champion before who betrayed him, killed everyone, and let the sins loose upon the world. That was clearly Black Adam.

>f so who is the the 7th guy?
Going by the last issue of Shazam I'd say it's Black Adam

Oh no, Sivanna is ALWAYS an ice-cold killer (well, when he isn't being a turbo-chad impregnating his wife fucking four times in a row), science is just a mean to an end.

Dwayne Johnson was an executive producer. It's not impossible for Black Adam to appear

Well, it's nice to see one that doesn't suck for a change.

Yeah. To bad the Chinese hate it

>No Green Lantern
Fuck. You better be unveiling something great next year DC, or I'm preparing the noose.

Attached: gonna go hang.jpg (430x188, 20K)

Yes. But Adam is still a champion of magic. If Sivana and Mr. Mind become a threat to magic I could easily see Adam helping Billy to take them down.

If there is GL it wont be Hal

John's will probably finish his script of GL Corps later this year. So a movie could be made to release in 2022.

Here's your (you). Savour it, for when you wake up and realize another company's success is not yours and that your empty shit posting will have no impact on another's life save for yours, and finally accept your lack of self worth.

Attached: 1553761495969.png (625x626, 51K)

I just expected the dad to be dead really. It was weird having him survive the crash when he was in a pool of blood.

>Chinese have bad taste
who knew?

Shouldn't the marvel shill rating system be dragging this down tho?

The Chinese audience like watching movie with big CGI effect, endless fighting scenes like Bayformers or Aquaman, so American comedy like Shazam does not fit their taste.

No, it's that one guy who doesn't shut up about box office figures, and then proceeds to invade literally every comic book discussion on this board. He doesn't care if tou also like Marvel pr Dark Horse, he only cares about one-upping you with Disney's profits just because you like DC.

Many comic fans criticize many comic companies because of the quality of material they put out, regardless of how big of a fan they are of said companies. Ladderbro takes the autism further by not even caring about quality and pretends that he is winning "something" by going out of the way to attack DC movies any chance he gets

It has pathos, Chinese people don't like to watch things with a lot of pathos in it.

I feel like it flounders in the middle and some shots are too grey and desaturated. It's still a good movie just feels like something phase 2 Marvel would put out. Aquaman is still the best DCEU movie

I'm not shitposting when I say this but it's practically how to do comedy in a superhero film without sacrificing your overall tone for the scene.

China hates the concept of children beating adults

Why?

Dunno

This is what happened the last time Chinese youth were inspired into beating adults
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Tiananmen_Square_protests

BILLY GANG GANG

Based Billy can't be stopped

I've never heard of this before

She reminded me of Bumblebee from DCSHG.

It's at 192 now. Still 93%. This is fucking killing me.
I don't actually mind Shazam losing out to Marvel, I like Marvel and I'll see Endgame and Far From Home. What's pissing me off is the idea that Birds of Prey will do better than this

He went by Captain Marvel in Multiversity not even 5 years ago.

JUST DO THE RAIDEN SCREAMING TACKLE
YOU HAD ONE JOB

He can still be called Captain Marvel BUT can't be marketed as the name if you're going to use it as some sort of time piece of past incarnations.
That's the abridged version of it.
But in all intents and purposes, he is completely Shazam from N52 and onwards.
>It was confirmed by Geoff Johns, DC Comics' Chief Creative Officer and the author of the story, that Billy Batson's alter ego would be called "Shazam" rather than "Captain Marvel" from now on.

>Nobody notices that average
Shit's telling me it is as good as Strange. And behind masterpieces like Homecoming, CW and Thor 3. Does Superman at least show up?

Attached: 1521413975617.png (450x450, 307K)

>Glad that Shazam literally had zero politics in it but only great characters
I wouldn't say that. Don't remember the purse-snatcher scene? Or the fat gay kid?

>masterpieces like Homecoming, CW and Thor 3

Attached: 1484026052857.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>Don't remember the purse-snatcher scene?
But that was played for laughs

Brand loyalty. Hollywood is turning into mainstream comics, where people are more engaged in continuity crap than actual quality content. That's why everything that ties into whatever bullshit event Marvel or DC are pushing sells better than regular issues, even though 90% of events are dogshit and nobody gives a shit about them once they're done (plenty of times, even before that).
Without engaging in company wars faggotry, just compare the critical and audience reception of the Ant-Man movies, and Captain Marvel's, and then compare their box office. One was an explicit tie-in to an event that was coming out just a few weeks later, while the other one was pretty much a standalone movie.

Jesus Christ that is what's happening isn't it?

>gets robbed
>handled it herself with pepper spray
>gives Shazam her money anyways because she's frightened of him
That whole scene was for a gag of the run-of-the-mill purse snatcher in a comic book film.

It probably will beat that pretty easily.

Marvel tends to have big opening weekends, then it quietens down and earns at a steady rate, dying off towards the end of its run.

DC opens small, then depending on reviews and word of mouth being good will then get a big boost in sales the following weeks.

It's because Marvel has an established universe with a lot of good will from viewers. There's not been many films that have been genuinely bad. You know if you see Marvel, it'll at least be ok, which explains the pattern in their ticket sales.

DC have had quite a few bad films lately. Means the public tend to wait to hear if it's good or bad before spending money on it. Slow open, big spike in sales if it's good. They're starting to get bigger openings as they've had a few ok films recently, so their reputation is slowly coming back, but currently still fits that pattern. Which is why releasing Shazam 3 weeks before Endgame is fucking stupid. Just as sales are picking up, everyone goes to see something else.

forget Cap1. They won't even tell us how much they paid to make Ants2 because of pic related.

Attached: Lang2.jpg (592x293, 31K)

she was MODERATE

I thought you guys said this movie was bombing?

Attached: 4041014.png (590x848, 106K)

>Which is why releasing Shazam 3 weeks before Endgame is fucking stupid
It is but then again, where else would they put it? WB probably has bigger budget films that need the better spots to be profitable, and they're treating Shazam as the mid-budget movie it is rather than a DCEU entry. Its unfortunate because it seems like it's an actually good movie (haven't seen it yet), and deserves to make more than overhyped garbage like Suicide Squad but it is what it is.
I'm just happy I can go to watch a DC movie without thinking I'll probably hate it.

I will never understand those side seats on the front.

perfect for fapping

>china and murrica
>worldwide

In full view of everyone?

nobody can see on the sides, hopefully you are sitting alone-ish

Its just Ladderbros and Snyderfags making shit up as they always do

>not wanting everyone to watch

Will you see Shazam too?

i-it's hard to see with the darkness...

name any other countries that matter faggot

I already have

>Not full
Yeah totally not bomb at all

Remember it only cost 90 mil wont you?

Nice. I will probably see it soon, too

Audience score is now up. 92%
I'd hope for legs but Endgame's coming

It's a good film. I hope you enjoy it

t. seething deeceekek

So it can't even make 10 billion?

Attached: brie.jpg (210x230, 12K)

His catchphrases are Dkek and Dchump

You think Captain Marvel got to a billion thanks to China and the US alone?

Great movie. Sivana was genuinely intimidating, especially as a contrast to the light-hearted everything else. Billy felt like he was constantly outclassed, outgunned and on the run for his life.
So when he finally takes down Sivana, it's really cathartic. His character arc is amazingly well-done, the family is fun and doesn't overstay their welcome, there are genuinely laugh-out-loud gags, I mean, genuinely zero complaints.
Maaaaaybe that it takes too long for Billy to become Captain Sparklefingers.

I'm a Marvelfag and I enjoyed this far more than most recent MCU films.

How?

I think, or rather hope, that Shazam will have word of mouth helping the movie out because I've heard nothing but positive things from other people who've seen it as well.

Hellboy on the other hand is the cape film that's truly fucked imo.

So I saw it last night and it was a really cool, fun movie ! However, the theater was empty as fuck lads, only 30-something people in a 400-seats huge room... I hope it makes enough money to get a sequel I wanna see The Rock's Black Adam goddammit.

love this.
also why is this a Christmas movie playing in April?

Because WB is fucking retarded.

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-071632_Chrome.jpg (1079x1394, 493K)

Based WB paying reviewers on their own review site.
Gotta root for the economy!

trailers look good but

>trusting critics

that's just retarded.

So you admit he's captain marvel. They also "confirmed" a lot of shit in 2011 that Rebirth and Johns himself undid.

>‘Shazam!’ Whams $4M+ In Thursday Night U.S. Previews, Eyes $145M+ Worldwide Launch -- Deadline

Looks like our boy Billy will be fine.

You're living in 2017 I see.

Cut that in half for next weekend and pray to whatever God you have it won't be ignored during the week and it might break even by the time Endgame destroys any pathetic legs it might've had

>alwaays do the opposite of what the critics say
i was looking fowards to it buti guess i have to pass

You never know with DC friends and their movies.
The critics are bullshit because they snub the Snyder.
Then they are based because Wonder Woman.
Then they are Disney shills for low-scoring Aquachad.
Now they are Based again?
But still biased to Disney, I suppose?

Critics don't matter until they do just like how box office matters until it doesn't

That is the DC fan way

>No audience ratings
Into the trash.

When the real Captain Marvel pulls in $500 million in its first weekend? Yeah, it's a flop.

Is superman in it?

Please do then you can fucking kill yourselves when I'm right

>DC opens small, then depending on reviews and word of mouth being good will then get a big boost in sales the following weeks
That's not even CLOSE to being true

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-072634_Chrome.jpg (1075x1558, 644K)

No

Attached: 1553731647444.jpg (1024x428, 51K)

Just his costume on some guy.

Spring break was a long time ago

>Thursday
Who goes to the movies on thursday?
At least it's still Cavil

>Who goes to the movies on thursday?
Russians.

Why do people care so much about box office numbers? What matters is the quality of the film, you're not going to see a single cent of that money anyway.

>99% of the time, they don't mention the story, effects, character development, actors, cinematography, or anything related to the actual quality of the movie. It's always about politics etc so fuck that.
Are you sure you didn't just read a bunch of Black Panther's review only?
Cause all those shit are always mentioned in superhero movie reviews.

>It's not enough like marvel
>It's too much like marvel
Yeah, sure

It's not Cavill

The First Avenger opened to 65 million though, if Shazam does that it will overperform domestic estimatives

source?

I mean for one Cavill's neck isn't as wide as that dude's, but more than that, it wouldn't make sense to get Cavill and not show his face.

>getting Cavill for a cameo but he doesn't show his face
maybe you mean "at least it's the same Superman", but it's obviously not Cavill

>his power comes from the Strength of Hercules
>straight

Just like Mcucucks are doing right now

Ladderbros don't care about quality

I only care to the point that it guarantees a sequel if the movie is good
Even if Shazam underperforms though WB should not panic like always and just keep riding til Joker makes bank, and Wonder Woman 2 probably will too. This can help the franchise keep going and help Shazam get a sequel.
Marvel didn't drop everything when The First Avenger and Incredible Hulk underperformed and Thor was meh.

>joker
>serious
The whole point of the character is comedy, of the dark kind.

looks like ladderbro put his foot in his mouth again

Attached: 1554474297992.jpg (984x490, 162K)

Did he eat that disc?

>already a flop

What happened Bros. You told me it would beat Captain Marvel

Nope he did say he would eat everything DC has available on blu-ray if it beats Captain Marvel though

That’s fucking based. I’m glad they’re bringing back not edgy Superman

Attached: y'all.jpg (620x414, 57K)

It is though, his name was in the credits

It's the MoS superman how is it not edgy?

see

I found Ladderbro on twitter
twitter.com/272715021

Or is he

Attached: 1554482299613.jpg (597x449, 47K)

Overperforming in the US is better

We like you people are fond of saying it's been 1 day

Usually, if a shit post is accompanied by a twitter screenshot with a filename starting in "screenshot_", it's ladderbro

Internationally, Shazam! has totaled $15.7 million across 53 markets in two days of release. Those figures exclude $16.4 million flash estimates from China’s opening day on Friday, trailing only Aquaman and Batman v Superman among other WB films.

Other Shazam! international opening highlights from the studio include:

Taking advantage of Wednesday’s Isra Minaj public holiday in the market, Indonesia launched to an estimated IDR 15.9b ($1.1m) from 971 screens, dominating at #1 with a 73% share of the Top 5 films and claiming the 3rd Highest Grossing WB Film Opening Day Ever! These results are also +10% ahead of Ant-Man and more than double Guardians of the Galaxy. The 2 day cume is now IDR 31.5b ($2.2m).

Russia debuted to an excellent RMB 62m ($946k) on 3,072 screens with a 57% share of the Top 5 films. These results are tracking on par with Ant-Man, 22% ahead of Wonder Woman and more than double Captain America: The First Avenger.

Also taking the top spot with a 40% share of the Top 5 films, Korea debuted on a non- traditional Wednesday to an estimated Won 759m ($668k) from 1,134 screens. These results exceeded opening day numbers for First Avenger by +53% and were on par with Thor. The running cume is now KRW 1.2b ($1.1m).

Australia debuted on Thursday to an estimated A$895k ($636k), including previews, on 507 screens with a 48% share of the Top 5 five films. These results are tracking 4% ahead of First Avenger.

UAE opened on Thursday to an estimated AED 2.3m ($630k) on 110 screens, dominating the market with over 50% share of the Top 5 films. Opening day is 46% ahead of Wonder Woman, 69% ahead of Ant-Man and more than double Guardians of the Galaxy.

Brazil opened to an estimated R$ 2.2m ($564k) on 1,509 screens with over 60% share of the Top 5 films. These opening day results are coming on par with ANT-MAN and 10% over Guardians of the Galaxy. Including previews, the running cume is now R$ 3.3m ($848k).

France took in an estimated €366k ($411k) on 566 screens on its opening day, ranking #1 into Thursday. The running cume, including previews, is €691k ($777k).

Taiwan dominated the market with 65% share of the Top 5 films, taking in an estimated NT$11.4m ($371k) on Wednesday from 220 screens. These results are +60% ahead of Ant-Man and +55% ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy. Including previews, the 2 day running cume is now NT$40.5m ($1.3m).

boxofficepro.com/thursday-night-shazam-strikes-5-9m-thursday-night-launch-pet-sematary-digs-up-2-3m-start/

Are those NIPPLES?

Yikes

At this rate it won't even break even

Russia and Brazil are big markets and it looks like it's doing alright in them

>le worst ever for capeshit in korea BTFO
it opened on an unusual day and in 1 day + preview is already passing Elektra box office total

>is already passing Elektra box office total
Holy shit I didn't think the Dkek bar could go so low

So it's doing fine then? Good to know

>OH NOES! A guy in a silly costume dabs! DAAAAABBBBBSSSS!!!!!!!!

i havent saw the movie , probably wont, but still, you REEK of memery hating. fuck you and fuck evey hater.

I'm simply correcting the lie you were spewing

you are such a faggot user like holy shit

Attached: gay name.jpg (1024x624, 134K)

>We get to see the exact same flashback from the beginning in her perspective
That whole scene was harder to watch than I thought it would be.

Attached: 1533707516215.png (253x271, 44K)

Marvel can't even compete.

Could never compete.

>is already passing Elektra
Please please tell me you aren't comparing Shazam to Elektra as a win

>Marvel can't even compete.
I'd say it doesn't necessarily has to. They're far above everyone else

Marvel ain't got SHIT.

Marvel might have won some battles but now it is time for DC to win the war.

They're not doing a great job

>ywn have shitty cafeteria food with Superman

Attached: 1514743244196.png (309x323, 195K)

Didn't you see the OP?
DC reneissance is here, Marvel is played out and hasn't made a good movie in years.