Is he overrated?

Is he overrated?

Attached: 7-13-2017-11.jpg (1976x3001, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-1963/Issue-589?id=4798
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

depends

I think it's hard for Deadpool to be considered overrated because he's at least half a joke character.

It's not like you have comics where he single handedly chumps the Avengers like his distinguished counterpart

Attached: harley-quinn-choke-batman.jpg (738x475, 66K)

Attached: 1496612094604.jpg (944x368, 126K)

The Spot should become the next Deadpool. Think about it.

>Comic relief character
>Can't die in a sense, he's technically immortal
>Debuted in a #98 issue
>Enemy of Spider-Man

Attached: The Spot.jpg (750x390, 53K)

>Immediately jumping to whataboitism
Deadpool is a shit character.

yes

Deathstroke shouldn't be able to defeat the Justice League at all, neither should Harley

Yes and no

Waypool version is, the Kelly/Duggan versions are underrated if anything since all people really know of the character is the clowning.

What does overrated even mean in this context?

Too well-liked? Too well-regarded critically? Too successful, financially?

Attached: Professor_X_(516).jpg (302x243, 18K)

Don't why they made him a joke villain, he is insanely OP and is a real threat

Deadpool is also similar I guess. The Spot just needs to find his niche and have the correct writer utilize him. The story "Return of the Spot" was an excellent example of this. Spot just needs his own Cable now.

why does DC have this boner for having mid-tier (in terms of strength) characters clown on their premiere super team which is supposed to be built primarily of world-destroyers?

is this batman's fault? it feels like it's batman's fault

Yes

It's people who say they like capeshit but immediately tune out when it actually gets to be real capeshit that made this a problem. General audiences don't want protagonists that are genuinely good or exceptional people. They lack the imagination to relate to or appreciate anything too distant from their own eat, sleep, work, socialize cycle that carries them from cradle to grave while they let their minds sit idle.

Definitely. Also annoying

The "Deadpool kils the marvel universe" made me hate it even more than I already did. It was so poorly written it wasn't even fun...Fuck that

he's good when he's a sad clown, kinda bad otherwise
also depends on wether the writer can write him

deadpool vs black panther was actually pretty good, his previous solo run was also entertaining
his current run is kinda shit

When he's under a good writer he's unironically one of the most sympathetic and deep characters in cape comics. The problem is that meme writers are attracted to his meme potential and not to his pathos and they won't stop nuking him into the ground with shitty meme stories.

he's underrated, his comics are consistently better than Batman's

There is Deadpool kills the Marvel universe where his alternate universe easily kill every single hero on the planet and almost destroy the multiverse.

Then mainstream Deadpool defeat him.

Stop being gay.

Extremely overrated.

For Deadpool it kind makes sense.

In a lot of superheroxsuperhero, usually are both holding back or it ends in a tie. Deadpool was out to kill, no moral code. Some of his method were like saw movies (the bad ones)

Also he's a fourth wall breaker, he knows all the characters secret weaknesses.

i dont care much for deadpool so hes overrated and stupid

I don’t know about that, but his current comic run sucks

you first, Batfag

Nobody will ever beat Joe Kelly.

I dont think i read a comic where mid tiers like deathstroke or lady Shiva shit on heavy hitters like Lobo or Black Adam.

>When he's under a good writer he's unironically one of the most sympathetic and deep characters in cape comics.

So basically Spider-Man with a r rated comedy theme.

Problem is, Deadpool steals to much from other hero niches like Spidey and Wolvie to prop himself up in a composite plot about him.

>Deadpool is a shit character.
Counterpoint.

Attached: 3331096-17.jpg (420x640, 48K)

His quality as a character is entirely dependent on who writes him.

Because reasons, also very few writers think about how powers actually work. Doorman is seen as a joke character even though his power is actually insanely OP if used right.

That applies to every character though.

Remender had a unique take on DP, shame he never got to tell that solo story in UXF.

Attached: ATYuAz8.png (1920x733, 2.59M)

Probably because he is insanely OP and a real threat. Guy can even work around Spidey's spider-sense, so they had to nerf him somehow to still have Spidey win against him. It's a shame cause I'd love to have more stories where Spot goes full horror like in the story where he went after those mafia guys.

Spider-Man is insanely strong though, like the fact that Spider-Man is written as a street level character so often is insane compared to his abilities.

Attached: deadpool-feeds-archangel-with-his-own-body-2.jpg (944x1472, 703K)

>Spot goes full horror like in the story where he went after those mafia guys.
Which comic is that? I haven't read it.

It's a delicate balance...

Maybe "full horror" is a bit much, but it really shows how cool he COULD be.
readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-1963/Issue-589?id=4798

I mean, it doesn't really matter that Spider-Man is overqualified in terms of powerlevel. But he doesn't really need anyone to be nerfed down for him.

Kinda...but considering how OP Spot could be...
That reminds me, I should read the issue where he faces off against Daredevil. Anyone know the number?

Also I fucking LOVE the black whole for a face look.

Eh, the good writers make a point to show Deadpool as flawed and a genuinely bad person.

Deadpool used to be good up until some faggot decided that he should be a guest star in his own comic and sucking the dick of whichever character they were pairing him up with.

Fucking Marvel and their shitty "starting over from #1 constantly" relaunches. Comic Vine tells me it's Daredevil #19, but it doesn't say which run. FUCK

Ok, turned out to be #1 from Mark Waid's 2011 run...still, fuck that numbering system.