Is there any chance of the new Hellboy being good?

Is there any chance of the new Hellboy being good?

Attached: 1554329525015.jpg (1080x1080, 209K)

>good

Not in the traditional sense but it could be charming.

Absolutely fucking not.

It completely butchers everything is trying to adapt in an attempt to capture some dipshit MCU knockoff tone and its awful.

They completely fucked up every character, they completely fucked up the tone of the stories they're adapting, for fucks sake Hellboy is quipping during shit he's supposed to be emotionally crushed during.

>Gruagach
>7 foot 10 inch character

I thought he like fucking 3 feet tall?

The Manbearpig movie looks promising
Who's playing Al Gore?

>Not muh Del Toro
>Not muh old style of deviating from the comics
>Not muh 70% accurate comic face
>Not muh old movies that didn't have hooves
>Not muh weird audience insert character that no one needed
>Not muh Del Toro humour
Have I covered it yet?

I'm not gonna bother to find out. Just cannot find it in me to care.

>It completely butchers everything is trying to adapt in an attempt to capture some dipshit MCU knockoff tone and its awful

This

No, next question

Have there been advanced screenings?

>2019 is the year we get this as well as The Devil You Know
It really saddens me that Mignola apparently killed all good will for the franchise.

The trailers alone show a complete mockery of Daimio, Alice, Hellboy, and especially Bruttenholms character, and complete disrespect for the source material in almost every regard.

This is completely ignoring the music or how its cut, what is there, even if theres context that somehow suits it, is still irrepairably shit. Bruttenholm is not supposed to be a fucking cunt who Hellboy hates, he's not even supposed to be alive at this point. Hellboy is making lighthearted quips while he's going after the giants despite that being an especially dour moment for him, Alice is just unrecogniazable in all respects, Daimio is also completely butchered and an embarrassing waste of Daniel Dae Kim, not to mention the werejaguar being a fucking super saiyan kitty kat form with a fucking FAUXHAWK that he busts out to kick ass. Spoilers: It fucking isnt that in the comics, its the exact opposite, its a horrific terrible curse. He's also british now and presumably not a descendent of a world war 2 villain.

Plus, they're jamming together The Wild Hunt, Storm and Furry, Hellboy in Mexico, and some amount of BPRD shit all into one movie. Any one of those could be its own single movie, this is going to be a god damn mess. Not to mention how fucking terrible the tone clearly is, again with the quips where its nowhere near appropriate, fucking Zack Snyder slow mo cool guy action shots where Hellboy and Alice are attacking what appears to be human soldiers, its just a fucking shitshow.

Lets not even get into how David Harbour clearly isnt being directed well at all in any of his scenes and his makeup looks like COMPLETE garbage.The main character looks embarrassingly terrible, he sounds terrible, and his actor is receiving little to no direction.

Its shit. Its all shit. The Del Toro movies changed a lot but they changed it in service of making a good movie, this is just pure unbridled fucking dog shit.

>Hurt's Bruttenholm was so good it inspired Mignola to give him some stories in the comics
>now Mignola's signed off on this
Why does this have to happen to Hellboy
Why couldn't it have happened to some other movie

Attached: 1554248509956.gif (404x347, 1.4M)

Mignola became a sell out.

This is the same man who used to bitch and whine about how much Del Toro changed and how uncomfortable he was with all his adaptations because they were never "right". Now he's giving his "seal of approval" to this piece of shit. He doesnt care anymore.

Also he apparently screwed over Arcudi, who's extremely, openly bitter over Hellboy and the new Hellboy movie now.

Doesn't he change size during the stories? Hecate or someone powers him up so he can go fuck up Hellboy?

They removed the red head so no

Oh kid. You again?
tell us the truth, will you make this every day for the next week?

Just asking to put this autism in my filter preferences

Idris Elba

Ron Perlman will always be the real Hellboy to me.

My mistake - a quick wiki shows that Jenny Greenteeth releases Grom - the boar headed giant - at Gruagach's request, for Hellboy beating purposes. Then Grom eats him, and after HB shrinks Grom with a holy relic, the Gruagach takes over his body.

Always liked the gruagach story with the changeling baby though.

I'm hoping the tone in the trailers is just to Marvel it up to attract people, and it'll be better than it looks, but I'm not holding out much at all.

Also - releases between Shazam and Endgame? This is going to fucking sink.

Actually finished reading the omnibus recently, now on the complete short stories because it seemed like the next place to go. Any other stuff worth looking at beyond those? Are the movies any good?

>some dipshit MCU knockoff tone and its awful.
With R-Rating and they are doing real Hellboy movie without Ron "piss on my hands" Perlman? I think it's gonna be 3/5.

Just because it has one physical character doesn't mean it's good. Del Toro had tons of them.

Why does Hellboy need to be R-Rated? Is it just so he can tell the villain she's "fucking crazy"?

They didn't even get Wayne Barlowe back.

>they are doing real Hellboy movie
No they fucking arent.

I hate to pull a "no true scotsman" but if you ACTUALLY read the comics you'd know how much of a fucking mockery this movie is. The first Hellboy movie is infinitely better as an adaptation, changes included.