I have grown to despise the idea of superhero’s in the past few months...

I have grown to despise the idea of superhero’s in the past few months. Maybe it’s because of all the shitty marvel films taking over cinema, but to me I don’t believe someone would go out to save civilians asking for nothing in return. It seems like a self righteous endevour or that they would have some other ulterior motives. I would at least be more comfortable around a mercenary because at least I know that they are in it for money.

Attached: 3F904803-1C3C-480E-8BA7-10EA16D8EDBC.png (268x325, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XHaVmFKnK7w
sciencemag.org/news/2015/05/rats-forsake-chocolate-save-drowning-companion
youtu.be/ts4s4KKQXmE
thepublicdiscourse.com/2016/03/16444/
scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2010/06/30/distressed-ravens-show-consola
discord
readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Wrong-Earth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>but to me I don’t believe someone would go out to save civilians asking for nothing in return

they'll do it for sex

boy do I have the superhero movie for you OP

Imagine being this void of hope or positivity

That’s kind of sad. It’s just helping people, there is nothing really more to it

Get back on your meds, Garth

I’m listening
There is no such thing as true altruism imo. All the so called “activists” these days just use activism as a mean to get social points and they always have another agenda to strike back at groups and people they personally dislike. I can relate to a character like John wick persay since in the first movie his mission was of a personal nature about getting revenge for his dog. That’s sincere, going around in tights to save some regular joe you’ll never meet again, that makes no sense and seems untrustworthy to me.

It's this antihero guy who is, get this, a MERCENARY, of all things, and doesn't protect the world or bullshit like that but only people he cares about or that remind him of himself.
And his name is... skullshitl

That's a legitimate tragedy.

Do you travel a lot?

You sound like discount ayn rand

shame. superheroes are great. too bad the mcu characters dont too any actual superheroing and are essentially sci fi action characters.

Attached: dr wojakattan.jpg (1600x900, 150K)

No, what does that have to do with anything?
In what way?

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about people for someone who doesn’t

not him but rand basically thought people act in self interest and shouldnt interfere with other people. if it doesnt benefit an individual then theres no reason for them to do it.

a superhero helping someone isnt helping themselves so they shouldnt do it is a randian idea. the person should save themselves and not have to rely on others.

>not him but rand basically thought people act in self interest and shouldnt interfere with other people. if it doesnt benefit an individual then theres no reason for them to do it.
>a superhero helping someone isnt helping themselves so they shouldnt do it is a randian idea. the person should save themselves and not have to rely on others.
Kek, essentially yes, also it’s less about “people shouldn’t help complete strangers” as more as “no one ever does something for free”. The so called “goodness of ones heart” to a total stranger is a myth.

Personally I don't much care for the modern "serious" take on superheroes.
Trying to superimpose them on reality as is just doesn't work because we can't just have them go wreck the terrorists' shit or throw the nukes into space.

Superheroes work better when set in a world that has at least one or two more degrees of separation from reality with its own internal history and political landscape not made to directly mirror reality.

>Kek, essentially yes, also it’s less about “people shouldn’t help complete strangers” as more as “no one ever does something for free”. The so called “goodness of ones heart” to a total stranger is a myth.

well these characters particularity the DC superheroes ARE mythology.

>Superheroes work better when set in a world that has at least one or two more degrees of separation from reality with its own internal history and political landscape not made to directly mirror reality.

based and DCpilled.

Attached: DC LOGO.png (1200x1200, 62K)

May not be the right place to post this, but we should honestly separate Yea Forums from cartoons.
Consider:
>Most worthwhile Yea Forums memes, OC, or funny threads originate or relate to comics (Holiday Lanterns, hench threads, Zoomposting, Gordonposting)
>cartoons invite underage and manchild degenerates who make threads about weight gain and background waifus
>There are like four fucking generals relating to cartoons on /trash/, and an entire containment board for the pony show
>Cartoons and comics have vastly different communities
Even if it won't fix everything, it'd still be best to cut off the infected limb that is cartoonfags.

Attached: 1237.png (309x323, 181K)

Attached: 192EF28C-F45E-4028-BEB7-7DC912028746.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Good then, take your capeshit away from here so I can complain more about how Steven universe and its morals can never actually work and are inherently wrong

Ponies are the chemo we need

This might be for the best. Comicfags no longer have to deal with fetish threads and waifu threads, and cartoonfags no longer have to deal with capeshit war threads and "DOOD HOW WOULD GOKU FARE IN THE DC UNIVERSE" threads.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHaVmFKnK7w

As a kid I've really like the idea of putting on a mask and helping people (super hero)
But when putting on a mask they actually abandoned responsibility by hiding behind a false identity.

Attached: _pdp_sq_.jpg (1000x1000, 126K)

Honestly? You are right user. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

>getting revenge for his dog
At last, a movie for the autist audience!

Okay Lex

fucking christ please do it hiro

What's funny is that Ditko was an objectivist but his character Mr. A's motivation was pretty much altruism.

>getting revenge for his dog
I don't mind that. In fact it's not ey the first movie to do that. The set up for the dog kill was so fucking dumb.
Has the money, John Wick not even putting up a fight.
>LMFAO wouldn't I be so evil if I shot this puppy.*bang* haha

Attached: 968593.jpg (590x834, 194K)

You're on this website, and the idea of someone doing something cartoonishly malicious for literally no reason other than they think it's funny seems unlikely to you?

>no such thing as altruism
Normal humans develop empathy and a theory of mind as they go through puberty. You didn’t because you have autism and were born wrong.

You were born without a heart like other freaks are born without hands or a kidney.

Society doesn’t function without altruism you retard.

I have empathy, but only for those who deserve it and those who are good to me. Blind empathy is just an excuse for tween white girls to flex on their enemies how woke they can be. It’s a tool for egotistical and callous people to stroke the idea of themselves at night.

>imo
Long shot, do you have an Imgur account, FunnyJunk account, post on /tg/, are Chinese, or are some sort of pedophile variant? I keep running across people arguing "oh, I'd totally cheat with a girl I knew was wed/slavery's totally fine, my nan was basically a slave/if you got transported to a fantasy land where it was legal you'd absolutely have sex with multiple eight year olds, SOCIETY IS HOLDING YOU BACK!!" all said in the same text messagey, half-committed style like they know what they're saying is going to be badly received and think it'll disassociate them from it. Hate those fuckers.

By the way, the 'true altruism doesn't exist' philosophy isn't Objectivism, you want Kantianism.

If I could do it, I would. There are such things as people who are good and don't ask for anything in return you know. Personally I hate superhero movies now because they all seem like the same thing to me. "Witty" sarcasm and jokes, one hero is mad at another hero for some bullshit, same soundtracks and loud thuds for every trailer, terrible plot, etc. They so easily shit them out these days because it's easy as hell to write them and normies love it because "nerd culture" is the new fad nowadays.

>egotistical and callous people
Much like yourself aspie. You “feel” emotions like a numb person can feel their arm. They can sense that it’s there but there’s no sharpness, no clarity of feeling.

You sleepwalk through life thinking that people must be as numb as you are. But they aren’t. They feel. They trust. They believe. They have things and ideas and people that they fight for and that will fight for them. You have nothing. You are weightless. Impotent. Inconsequential.

What kind of man are you? What keeps you alive?

ITT: high school levels of education in philosophy, sociology and political theory

Civilization is impossible without altruism and altruism is a built in instinctual behavior for humans to live among themselves, one has to expect good things to come from contributing to the group, we're wired to feel rewarded from the judgement others, and we seek approval and appreciation.

>can relate to John Wick who had his dog killed
>Can't relate to Batman who had his parents killed
Genuine autism.

>By the way, the 'true altruism doesn't exist' philosophy isn't Objectivism, you want Kantianism.
I mean I still hate altruism, I just think it’s phoney and a way for rich white girls to feel better about themselves now, that’s literally what SJW culture all is.
Yeah, thanks for proving my point on why humanity is awful. People like you deserve to be mowed down in mass shooting.

>I would at least be more comfortable around a mercenary because at least I know that they are in it for money.

Maybe check out Deadpool or Luke Cage:Hero for Hire

Why do you keep using “rich white girlsl and “SJW” a lot

If Batman went on a “I spit on your grave” style massacre on joe chill and his fellow thugs, maybe then I’d understand. But risking life and limb every time the joker kills another orphanage, only to then not kill him and send him back to the nut house to escape again in three issues later makes no sense.

Because it’s happy women who feign superiority by saying they are more empathetic then who they are challenging. They think intrinsic value is placed on their opinions more because they donated to a charity or shared a black lives matter post on Facebook.

>I can shit on people but if they talk back they literally deserve death
What a thin skinned autistic little bitch

Nah, you crying like a bitch because I’m proving myself right by how awful self righteous cuckolds like you are, and so of course you convulse and scream at me because I don’t recognize how much of a “saintly holy then though” person you are because you’re sooooooo empathetic.

The fact that DC milks Batman as a franchise has nothing to do with your original conceit and further proves your autism, getting mad thay stories aren't done YOUR way.

What about helping people because it makes you feel good.

Attached: BB49D4EB-1E84-43D8-A74D-72BA16DF5A68.jpg (538x747, 135K)

I can’t tell if real incel or fake incel.

>no u
The pinnacle of aurgmentation

That does not function as a response to the post you are responding to. But anyhow, if altruism doesn't exist how was Ayn Rand blowing it off in the 50s? Pre- SJWs. And how's John Wick care about his dog? They don't have a practical benefit.

It’s leaning towards “real” admittedly

>too bad the mcu characters dont too any actual superheroing and are essentially sci fi action characters.
This desu. It’s capeshit without the stuff that gives capeshit it’s soul.

Attached: 5E964209-3E37-4B89-AE81-B1494E897CF4.jpg (542x609, 97K)

>incel
Not an argument, and also renders useless when it’s coming from a 300lb dyke who’s never touched a penis before

procreate

Well that’s one idea.
Another is that some people really are more virtuous than you are.
Just a thought.

fake, but shh

Psst:

Altruism towards total strangers does not exsist. Caring about loved ones that are close to you is different, but acting like fucking goku who helps everyone while ignoring his family is peak self righteous dickhead behavior

I think you’re upset that not everyone shares your mindset and are willing to help others given the opportunity

>who helps everyone
>while ignoring his family
You added a clause. Why?

I’ll be honest if it wasn’t for Yea Forums I wouldn’t ever have thought twice about adults who watch cartoons. Nowadays I would never leave my daughter alone with one.

You've made non arguments all over the thread including your original argument of "superheroes are bad because I have autism", so that is ironically not an argument.

There's different interpretations of objectivism my dude, Ditko believed that for society to work people must be altruistic when they can BECAUSE there will inevitably be Rand fucks like OP who would gladly sell their mother's kidney for a quick buck.

>one has to expect good things to come from contributing to the group
There’s your problem. Nobody on this website has a group of their own.

I support this and I like both mediums. a slower Yea Forums would actually benefit comic discussion because it means niche storytimes can be discussed at a casual pace and not need to be constantly bumped. It would also mean all the Yea Forumsermin and all the drama it brings would leave the cartoon fans in peace at last.

Fuck you. Why di you want shit people to have kids? I'd rather have good, kindhearted people have kids. Hell I say we force them to. Put them in rooms until they fuck.

>kill thread in 3 responses
WHAT NO IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO GO DOWN LIKE THIS

Also you claimed altruism towards strangers doesn't exist and then said its bad when it does happen.

I'd support a split because Yea Forums media doesn't operate in the way that Yea Forums media does, in which manga and anime are pretty much inseparable at this point. Comics and cartoons have to share a board not because of any ties, but because it's based on Yea Forums, leading to two different types of people under one roof always fighting. Doesn't exactly help that cartoons and comics target like two groups of people while anime and manga actually try to go for everyone.

Attached: 5786578678678.png (350x318, 183K)

I support this. We need to get our voices heard anons, get all the way up to Hiro. Make the split happen.

Nah, we good

fucking this

Cartoon fag here, why do comic fags want to split off so badly. I really couldn’t care less but I’m genuinely curious as to why.

we don't want any more waifu threads, fetish threads, and want a baord that allows for niche comics to be storytimed

Yes

Waifu threads and calarts shitposting mostly. After thundercats roar came out this thread was basically unusable for two weeks solid. It was actually fairly entertaining, but it was impossible to talk about anything but beanface.
And believe me, comic/co/ has its own problems, but I’d rather see shitposts about things I understand rather than watching discussion and storytimes getting archived in favor of “owl house pedo? Is rebbeca sugar gay for zuke?”.

There’s just no connection between the communities and I don’t understand why they share a board.

because moot was an idiot and decided to make western Yea Forums

>OP cannot comprehend being a good person.

Empathy is not some magic spark of divinity in humanity, it is a survival mechanism and it is limited.

Austist user, sometimes empathy goes aginst survival mechanism. Also evolutionary psychology is much as nonsense if not more so than regular psychology.

Dude read the fucking post, he illustrates his point just fine. Cartoonfags strangle this board with pictures of sexy preteens while producing no memorable content. Worse than that, they don’t keep to their own damn threads. When’s the last time you saw a comicfag shitposting in an episode reaction thread? Storytimes and sales threads constantly get derailed by you shitters.

Attached: 7BF4786D-5A99-48AD-A72E-1B1A4C7966E3.jpg (1920x2397, 1.64M)

>You didn’t because you have autism and were born wrong.

I've met 2 seperate autistic people who are some of the most caring, self-sacrificial people I know. Austistic people may have issues understanding people's expressions, but that usually doesn't keep them from understanding or caring when they've hurt others.

That doesn't mean it's a good thing.

But it's not survival mechanism as you claim.

>That doesn't mean it's a good thing.
Whatever you say autist user

Yes it is, why else would empathy have developed?

>inb4 not all autists

Yes, let the FEAR and HATE grow in you~

>sometimes empathy goes against survival mechanism.
>why else would empathy have developed?
I don't know user, maybe you need to get off your shallow materialistic point of view?

Fucking underage doomers

What point of view do you have that makes you so wise?

Based

Let's start with not being nihilistic idiot who thinks good doesn't exist and we're no different than animals?

I bet you think you're here for a reason.

I mean, even animals have empathy. Op is just sociopathic.

But animals don't have moral dilemmas or capable. of complex thought.

>Op is just sociopathic.
True

>proving my point about being nihilistic idiot

Not at all, I’m an animal reverse engineered to copulate and eat, and nothing more complex and worthwhile than that. But I truly do love being alive because of the other meat machines around me, the sight of my friends and family make my brain release a series of chemicals similar to that of addiction.

In other words, I function like a normal person.

Attached: 0BDF2E16-AA5A-4379-8F25-B32903264454.jpg (546x539, 98K)

Nah m8, humans aren’t that special, just accomplished and intelligent.

Nihilistic, sure. Idiot not so much.

>humans aren’t that special
>just accomplished and intelligent.
What's not special about it?

So there's nothing selfless about that, you just enjoy the chemical reactions.

>Nihilistic, sure. Idiot not so much
Oh go watch reddit and memey in your mom’s basement you ninth grade reading level retard.

Are you seriously implying that waifu threads and fetish threads would stop on this comics board at all
Like, at all at all
/his/ has threads about wanting to fuck historical figures, and you think you can escape how damn horny this site's userbase by a board split

And also, literally nothing is stopping you from story timing niche shit. If you want, you could do it right now. If you start a dump, people are going to read.

We don't need a split. We just need better moderation and some semblance of a board culture.

Nah.

People help others all the time, and some people (real life activists in specific) spend their whole lives doing it, nearly for free, or sometimes at a cost. For example, Southern (white) abolitionists who wanted to stop slavery, not due to cost motive, but just out of recognition of human rights and decency, or the people who protected Jews during the Holocaust. Then, there are the people who run into burning buildings to save others, or poor people who still give their food to travelers.

Holy shit, the amount of total retards (or at least people who haven't thought shit through) in this one thread is astounding. I clicked on the thread thinking, "Wow, I wonder how people are going to shit on OP for not being able to comprehend people doing good things because they are good," but god, as I kept scrolling, shit just kept getting dumber.

This comes to mind
youtu.be/ts4s4KKQXmE

There is no such thing as altruism.

Did something bad happen to OP?

Sure, maybe you’re right, but that doesn’t stop it from being a common thought process.

The unrealistic part of capeshit is the powerleveling, not the idea that exceptional people would whore themselves out for attention attempting to help their fellow man. Altruism is nothing more than a pleasant chemical process, but that doesn’t make it fake, it’s just not particularly wonderful.

I like people, and I like to help people. This is actually a common sentiment in the outside world. You go outside and people will hold doors open for strangers, give money to scam artists pretending to be homeless, and offer jokes to customer service employees, the appreciation of others is the lifeblood of society. The outliers need to get themselves fixed by medical professionals, or they will be locked away where they cannot hurt the rest of us, this is how first world society works.

Yes, unfortunately he was born without the ability to produce enough endorphins. We’ll be seeing him soon on the 6’oclock news.

They wouldn't be stopped, of course, just made at a less frequent rate.
Also we wouldn't get fucking background waifu threads.

>exceptional people would whore themselves out for attention attempting to help their fellow man

I mean, people do good things, even when no one will know or is looking. Altruism may be a pleasant chemical process, but sometimes people do good even when they're not fully enjoying it.

Then how the hell is “people doing nice things” the part of capeshit that makes you deem it unrealistic? If anything, it’s the only thing grounding the genre to something resembling reality.

Attached: 5E8B4310-37B6-432D-86C5-23360CBC99D1.png (166x302, 115K)

>I like to stroke my dick to the thought of beating my neighbors in the better person contest
OP here, thanks for proving my point

I don't think he typed that.

They're retarded and don't realize that a comic board would be chock full of live-action shit because fa/tv/rgins are many and only post literal garbage
t. comicfag

Attached: 1554354730694.png (259x224, 22K)

I'm the one who posted earlier, not the OP. I greatly disagree with the OP.

Wew lad.

This is what I’m talking about, there’s something wrong with you, you cannot understand a simple children’s narrative because there is something inherently wrong with your brain. I was not even focused on the behavior of myself, but rather the good deeds you see random folks on the street performing. Whether I am alive or not, teenage girls will hold doors open for elderly men because it makes both parties feel good, and there is nothing either of us can do to stop this fact of reality. It doesn’t matter either why people do this, it’s just the way things are.

Seek medication, if that doesn’t help, seek asylum.

FUCK YOU CAT I'M NOT SLEEPING

Attached: some things are deleted for a reason.png (1920x1080, 1.21M)

More like I genuinely think most people are horrible so I don’t understand why anyone would risk life and limb for terrible people to be saved when 9/10 most of them would deserve to die

You’re just digging yourself deeper into the pit you’ve claimed for yourself now. Just understand that your mindset is the minority in most civilizations. Even non-human animals attempt to aide others.
thepublicdiscourse.com/2016/03/16444/
scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2010/06/30/distressed-ravens-show-consola

You need help, there are words for the condition you have. It’s no a philosophy, there is something medically wrong with you, it may have been caused by damage other people have done you you, you might have been born with it, that doesn’t matter. Clean yourself up, take a deep breath, go to a park and watch people horse around. Watch the way children band together on their first meeting. Look at the architecture around you and understand that it was built by teams of humans. Buy yourself a goldfish and think about the process of domestication.
At least adopt some fucking nuance. Horrible shit happens in this world, but it isn’t alone, there is so much natural beauty in this world if you are equipped to appreciate it.

>>It seems like a self righteous endevour
Ego / gratification doesn't make helping people a bad thing.

You should have sex.

ban capeshit then retard

Attached: attack.jpg (1000x633, 60K)

Yea Forums Server
+ Active
+ Comfy
Come join lads
discord
.gg/YbaKQ5

Attached: 1553752422623.jpg (850x638, 121K)

>ten thousand Happy! and Umbrella Academy threads
Feels sad man.

As someone who had 5+ years of depression (with manipulative and/or awful people sprinkled in the middle), as well as recently adopting the same mindset as OP, it's rather tough to keep going in general.
Just want a peaceful life, have something to do and be proud of everyday, as well as some people i can confidently trust them as friends, and yet you have bullshit on top of bullshit that all piles up for years on end that i can't even notice at times, and it's no wonder that at one point you'll just feel like not caring about anything anymore, while not trusting anything.

And to stay in topic i guess, the only reason i dislike capeshit is because of how oversaturated and unoriginal it all is, at least in this last decade.
Sure, coming up with a unique power can be original, but it's meaningless when the character is attached to a plotline and personality that's all too samey to almost every other cape movie released lately.

Attached: ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png (848x900, 661K)

what a unique epic cynical rational misunderstood college student you are

user, as little as it means I do hope you can find some comfort, no matter the form it takes. It sounds like you’re in a bad situation aggravated by bad people and mental illness. Hopefully you’ll find some peace in the near future. I understand listlessness, and especially apathy, the reason I’m passionate about this is because I’ve dealt with it myself. I also understand that proper medication takes trial, error, and money, rendering it a luxury for most people. The world isn’t fair I’d I’m nowhere near pretending it is, I just hate the judgement op is passing onto the rest of the world based off of his own mental stigmata.

Honestly, that’s a completely valid opinion to have on capeshit.
To me it entirely depends on the creative team behind a run, but I get being soured to a concept because you feel like you’ve seen it before. I took ire with OP because “I don’t like the colorful spandex men because they’re too nice and nice people don’t exist” is just factually wrong and downright unhealthy. Folks can hate capeshit all day long, there ain’t nothing wrong with that. Tbh plenty indiefags are well in the right to do so.

You deserved these numbers.

Attached: 1AFC228E-D22F-4086-9FBE-584FF4CAC5C3.jpg (680x451, 68K)

I appreciate the thought, so far i have been able to balance my emotions out thanks to some passion projects i've been getting into as well as shifting away from stuff that cause me PTSD and drama, even if it is a bit tough thanks to the current, more serious problems like climate change.

That's also why Spiderverse so far is the only one that intrigued me, the entire concept alone was unique and interesting enough to stand out from other cape movies.

Man I totally agree about capeshit movies all feeling the same. I personally get a solid kick out of ‘muh monthly soap opera funnybooks’, but nah, you’re entirely correct about mc’dcmcu movies being homogenous as all hell.
Though, if you liked spiderverse I’d really recommend The Wrong Earth, it’s similar in concept, but it has an entirely different plot. Two different versions of the same character get stuck in their alter’s reality. It’s also quite short.
readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Wrong-Earth
Maybe it’ll suit your fancy, if not, at least it’s brief.

#chkdandrekt

That's why the world needs superheroes.

How old are you? I'm not belittling you, just curious.

Based and redpilled

>this guy

Attached: 5B0BFF8B-E78D-4305-BD60-DD76D93702F1.jpg (900x600, 81K)

user CHECKED AND OP WRECKED

Just to be clear, I'm not a professional 'quote maker'. I'm just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

'In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.'

Who asked you about your atheism? That was reply was cringier than the the vegan meme, holy shit. Also to keep on topic, there are plenty of athiest moral frameworks that cover altruism.

Nobody asked, and honestly I kinda pity you, such a dark and cynical look on the world just because you’re a selfish person who hates the idea of others helping people

I haven't watched enough rick and morty to understand this thread

Eating stale pasta. Summer comes earlier every year.

Mmm, I do like lasagna

>wut if I hed soopa strength
>ooooo dat wud be awsum
>ahuehuahueuhaueheua
there is nothing more retarded than capes

Attached: TSTBaQ7.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

>dood batmen winz gainst eeeevryun cuz hes a detactiv an hes like soopa smart

Attached: a5MZ4DL_700b.jpg (326x294, 18K)

>people fell for this

>people will fall for this

Yea Forums is a mess

>heuahauhua da soopahero does a face an its de sayme face like ten time in a rowe
>dis is so funney heahahsdhaehahh

Attached: crttiovt66u11.jpg (682x900, 115K)

>o noooo ay cant beleev soopamen dieded
>he actooly dieded!
>wut r dey guna do nao? u cant make notha soopaman cuz he ded
>dis weel go dawn in heestoree

Attached: 0mfay069y0x01.png (842x792, 82K)

The Leader
The Funny one
The Bad Boy
The Voice of Reason

I feel the sane way, even though I like and discuss both.

I’m in my mid 20s

Aah, the virtue signalling trap. "If you do good and tell others, I accuse you of virtue signalling. If you do good and tell no-one, I don't hear about it, so it doesnt happen."

This. It's so fucking tiresome

>I'm a cynical asshole
>Therefore everyone else must be
How underage are you? I've never seen this level of sweeping moral observations and adamant belief in objective truth about humanity based on nothing but inner personal experiences in anyone over, say, 18, 19.
Get laid, the world will seem less shit.

For real. Capestuff bores me, that aside to hate the concept because muh first uni course in altriusm is great bait.

op sucking cocks and being a faggot as usual i see.

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

ITT: EDGE

>I would at least be more comfortable around a mercenary because at least I know that they are in it for money.
Until you're actually around mercenaries in real life and understand most of them are ugly young men on some sort of trip who are either incapable of talking to girls or seriously confused premature ejaculators for whom normal life offers nothing, nothing at all.

I might give it a look, thanks for the recommendation and conversation user.

That just sounds like your typical user.

So this is how J. Jonah Jameson was created.

Imagine not feeling good when you help others

>I don’t believe someone would go out to save civilians asking for nothing in return.
have you never heard of the underground railroad?

Just read manga OP. Capeshit always sucked.

ahh yes, i really like how dragonball z is more deep and artistic and thought provoking than something like mister miracle or the dark knight returns

yeah. Western writers and artists are mostly hacks that can't make anything original, the industry is mostly to blame, but you'd think those "creative souls" would venture into unknown lands in great numbers.

>Most worthwhile Yea Forums memes, OC, or funny threads originate or relate to comics (Holiday Lanterns, hench threads, Zoomposting
The 00s ended literally 20 years ago, user. Might as well defend Rickrolling or Advice Dog.

>Gordonposting
>good

truly this board has become a reflection of the its topic. Stagnant, uncreative and petulant

HOLY SHIT. My fucking sides, is this faggot for real?

>but you'd think those "creative souls" would venture into unknown lands in great numbers.
how would you know when you only consume media that gets brought to your attention?

MODS BAN THIS UNDERAGE FAGGOT

>20 years ago
fucking retard

Nothing can fix this board user

It's a meme you dips.

Underrated post

Capeshit is almost always terrible except for good one-off stories that have clear, strong themes. The themes help keep the over-arching narrative in focus. There's no split offs to help establish new plot lines for when the current one ends, or assloads of red herrings to keep you thinking about what happens next without actually being able to fully chew what's current.

That's sort of what I feel is happening to capeshit movies: they're getting longer and longer and are being forced to provide setup for next installments. Saturation of elements leads to muddy stories that are difficult to extrapolate meaning or messages from. Without the themes to keep the story together, it just becomes a superhero documentary where you're just bombarded with facts ("this villain has this mcguffin", "this hero defeated this minor enemy" "this side character died" "these 4 characters are in this location while the A-plot is progressing" etc)

There's no heart unless a shit ton of insane talent comes in and does a one off volume that blows everyone away.

This thread is essentially about OP being a literal underage that thinks he's stumbled across some greater understanding of the world when he's actually just going through puberty.

t.machiavelli

just watch the tick you'll be fine

I've never liked the idea of super heros either. Not even as a kid. The idea of some schmuck just chancing upon an experience that gives them a bunch of powers and suddenly they become the single most important character in the story with everyone else just becomes a backdrop to their struggle was always stupid to me. I guess we call it wish fulfillment today? And besides that, capeshit has always just been visually unappealing to me. Why does every super hero have to have the body of a greek god and run around in a suit that looks like it was made for a gay acrobat to wear at a pride parade? The fucking color palate alone on a lot of those outfits alone are just so flashy.
I can enjoy some action/good vs evil shit, but I vastly prefer it be with human characters overcoming human limitations.

I didn't realize that Jesus was the God Of Burns.

What a dweeb

>user hasn't figured out what shitposting is

Attached: 1553534763127-1.jpg (495x469, 87K)