So is global warming real or not?

So is global warming real or not?

Attached: 1006-half-bear.jpg (960x540, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xkcd.com/1732/
theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/sep/19/shell-and-exxons-secret-1980s-climate-change-warnings
independent.co.uk/environment/global-warming-temperature-rise-climate-change-end-century-science-a8095591.html
nature.com/articles/nature24672
earth-syst-dynam.net/9/1085/2018/esd-9-1085-2018.html
climatefiles.com/exxonmobil/1982-memo-to-exxon-management-about-co2-greenhouse-effect/
skepticalscience.com/resources.php?a=links&arg=125&peer=1
sys.4channel.org/derefer?url=https://www.earth-syst-dynam.net/9/1085/2018/esd-9-1085-2018.html
killclimatedeniers.com
forbes.com/sites/dominicdudley/2019/01/11/china-renewable-energy-superpower/#67d747c5745a
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it Yea Forums or not?

All I know is that it is hot in Topeka

>glacier in Greenland gaining lost ice
Global warming is a lie.

climate change is real, global warming isnt

It wasn't real when South Park made fun of Gore.
But it IS real now that South Park has apologized to Gore.

Get it?

>currently 55°F in Topeka
Get fucked

Does every solution pushed for by elites involve massive unaccountable authoritarian bureaucracy taking control of economies?

No shit climate change is real, that's what seasons are.

It's a problem but when you ask the professionals they say it's not as big as it's made out to be.

>do rich people want to control shit?
Gee faggot you tell me

Nobody knows. Both sides have reasonable points that the other side can't refute.

No Real Than You Are

>1970s: Call it Global Cooling
>Planet gets warmer instead of cooler
>1990s: Call it Global Warming
>Planet gets cooler instead of warmer
>2010s: Call it Global Climate Change

These liberal university funded scientists know exactly what they're talking about and clearly the solution to changing weather is MORE TAX DOLLARS FOR THE GOVERNMENT!!!

it was, but now it's getting colder and raining more
natural fluctuations and equilibrium is real

>jeez, how do i perpetuate my status and riches over everyone so that no one else can take away my power and riches? OH I KNOW

hurr dur durr

>clearly the solution to changing weather is MORE TAX DOLLARS FOR THE GOVERNMENT!!!

I live in Virginia and have to pay a $75 emissions tax on my car every year. No one can tell me how that $75 combats global warming, all I know is that I have to pay the government an additional $75 every year "because global warming an shit".

Remember when South Park made fun of Parents of a disappeared Girl by implying that they killed her

Then the police confirmed that she was killed by a Hispanic guy according to DNA?

How is this thread relevant to comics and/or cartoons, user?

Attached: 1545444759374.gif (463x698, 204K)

THIS JUST IN: 100% of liberals and college students are fucking retarded and lack common sense. In other news: Birds can fly, fire is hot, and Trump has been President of the United States since January of 2017. This has been Redundancy News, Captain Obvious signing off

More energy into a system means more extreme weather can happen including extreme cold spots

Yes, but not for the reasons you might think.

>>Planet gets cooler instead of warmer
That never happened.
This just in, people will take any excuse to deny the truth if it means changing their habitd.

xkcd.com/1732/
Disregard the usual unfunniness of XKCD and look at the graph itself and see how long it used to take for a whole degree of change compared to the bottom

As a conservative in a deep red state if you think climate change is a hoax you are fucking retarded. Science is not decided on party lines.

Attached: giphy.gif (493x342, 480K)

Yes, it is.
theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/sep/19/shell-and-exxons-secret-1980s-climate-change-warnings

The opposite, actually, it might actually get worst.
independent.co.uk/environment/global-warming-temperature-rise-climate-change-end-century-science-a8095591.html

Oh yeah? Name one living scientist who doesn't back the Green New Deal. Don't worry, i'll wait.

Trey Parker's real life father (who Randy Marsh is semi based on) is also a geologist, and this is apparently South Park's basis for the claim that global warming is a scare myth for funds/political power. Not sure what the current stance is after the last season, apparently it is real now?

No amount of “but muh snow” can counteract the slow increase of global temperature averages.

Attached: image.jpg (300x86, 12K)

Yes Matt and Trey realized they were wrong.

>citing The Guardian and Independent
Great job being unbiased faggot

Attached: y9vlq.jpg (1920x1440, 173K)

Labeling any dissent as "denial" and claiming the world will be uninhabitable in 15 years so you have to obey NOW NOW NOW certainly seem to qualify.

smog is real
pollution is real
humans being able to put holes in the ozone and melt the ice caps with just our pollution when volcanos apparently don't, isn't real

But is man causing it?

And does man have the hubris to think they can fight nature.

wow it used to take like 500 years for a single degree and we managed that in like under 100 years. That data can't be right

It's dead Jim, maybe the bartender can get the UN to pass it.

Here are the direct source of it:
And here is the direct document of the people of Shell predicting global warming that they never released.

Volcanoes do though, what are you talking about.

Look up the local almanac for where you live and graph out peek temperatures and what years they happened in.

Wanna throw in some Buzzfeed articles while your at it?

Attached: 1913804.png (640x400, 173K)

>and claiming the world will be uninhabitable in 15 years
Actually, what the study actually say is that in 17 years, if there is no change, that will be a point of no return to prevent a rise of less than 2 Kelvins:
earth-syst-dynam.net/9/1085/2018/esd-9-1085-2018.html

>implying im gonna shell out $9 to read that shit

Here are the direct source of it:
And here is the direct document of the people of Shell predicting global warming that they never released:
climatefiles.com/exxonmobil/1982-memo-to-exxon-management-about-co2-greenhouse-effect/

You can already read the abstract and it is peer-reviewed. I hope you have a better argument than "It's not true because I say so".

Man is exasperating the problem. I think man will have the complete ability to control climate given enough time.

They call it climate change now, and yes, it's been a scientific fact since the late 80s.

I'm nearly 40 years old. I will probably get to see the start of the climate collapse before I die. Young people will get to see the beginnings of the famines and mass migrations. Kids who are born in the next 10-20 years will get to enjoy some real fun times with the constant wars over fresh water and arable land.

Probably.
>Did humanity cause it?
No.
>Has humanity sped it up?
By an insignificant margin on the geological scale of things, but sure, yes.
>Will we die in 12 years if we don't do something right now?
We've been told that for the past 40 years, so I have more than a few doubts.
>Would stopping air travel, switching to entirely electric cars, killing all cows due to their farts and ceasing the use of bendy straws save us from a super heated demise?
Not unless we force India and China to do the same. And you know how India is with their cows. And don't even get me started on China's thing with bendy straws.

Attached: climate change.jpg (500x333, 126K)

You can still back the idea that we should take action against climate change without backing extremist policies.

That person was later executed for wrongthink

Hey, you, user. What are you doing to cut down your emissions/waste? In other words, what are you doing to help?

Any little bit helps.

Attached: 1468560938136.jpg (640x480, 214K)

>>Did humanity cause it?
>No.
Yes we did
skepticalscience.com/resources.php?a=links&arg=125&peer=1
>>Will we die in 12 years if we don't do something right now?
We've been told that for the past 40 years, so I have more than a few doubts.
The point of no return to preven t a rise above 2 Klevin is of 17 years. Giving a 5 year buffer is reasonable.
sys.4channel.org/derefer?url=https://www.earth-syst-dynam.net/9/1085/2018/esd-9-1085-2018.html
>Not unless we force India and China to do the same.
Leading through more performing technology would force the hand of everyone else. and China is investing like hell in green tech.

Dogmatism is not the issue against people who defend that Global warming is real.

>China is investing like hell in green tech.
Sure they are, and Kim Jong Un is the nicest person in the world

Fucking this. Even if climate change is a hoax, and thats a big if, its still better to move towards clean energy.

>Dogmatism is not the issue against people who defend that Global warming is real.
You poor delusional bastard. killclimatedeniers.com

forbes.com/sites/dominicdudley/2019/01/11/china-renewable-energy-superpower/#67d747c5745a
They see were the wind is blowing and want to lead to get maximum of profit.

Think about what has happened in the past hundred years that could have caused an increase in greenhouse gas levels. It rhymes with industrialization.

>cherry picking
No.

Well the Chinese are the Jews of the East

Finding extremist websites does not prove anything. If I found a site that said kill all liberals would it mean everybody in the right is a violent extremist?

Beside the point. The point is we are going to be left behind.

>If I found a site that said kill all liberals would it mean everybody in the right is a violent extremist?
Pretty sure CNN does that all the time

They are. Due to America’s bullshit, China will be the worlds source of cheap solar panels. They will lead the world in clean energy and make a ton of money in the next few decades all because we said “but muh burning rocks tho”.

>Pretty sure CNN does that all the time
Not really.

>It rhymes with industrialization.
linear equation?

I don't think a cartoon board is the right place to find an answer.
The SP writers changed their mind but when your enjoyment of that show depends on that then you are doing it wrong.

I'm eating vegetarian, don't buy single-use water bottles anymore, and generally try to get groceries with less packaging/more recyclable packaging.

You're right, i was thinking they were Buzzfeed. Its kind of hard to tell them apart.

It's bullshit, the climatic anomalies are mostly due to asians and african mongrels being careless with their resources and fucking up their own living places and some faggots that see you like an animal in a political sits think you should pay "polution taxes" and "be charged for your polution emition"

Attached: 1529625830232.jpg (843x947, 62K)

Yes, you figured it out. They are doing it because “America said it”, but only up to the point trump became president. After that America literally got laughed at, but they still believe us about coal. Congrats, user, for figuring it out. As your prize we are sending you to a better place, just go suck on an exhaust pipe.