The Rocketeer

Does anybody remember The Rocketeer?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0Et31E7s4

>James Horner soundtrack
>ILM "Original Trilogy era" classic special effects
>Hero's Journey (Joseph Campbell would be proud)
>Art Deco everywhere!
>"I may not make an honest buck, but I'm 100% American. I don't work for no two-bit Nazi."

Attached: 518PhULy+oL.jpg (338x500, 39K)

Good Pulp comic superhero movie. A bit cheesy but I always liked it.

>superhero
hes not

Cliff Secord is as much a superhero as Batman or Iron Man.

Best of the 90s pulp comic movies.

I was hoping the Mandrake movie might bring the trend back, but it's clearly not happening.

I remember from that Family Guy song.
"When stupid people need a thrill, they rent The Rocketeer."

>God Tier
Rocketeer
>High Tier
Dick Tracy
>Mid Tier
The Shadow
The Saint
>Low Tier
The Phantom
Captain America (1990 film)

Where does the Antonio Banderas Zorro movies fall in?

Seth McFarland is such a fucking hypocrite, he's got such a boner for Golden Age Hollywood musicals.

Zorro isn't a comic hero

Yes, I too watch Red Letter Media

Fantastic

If that's the case then The Shadow and The Saint aren't comic heroes either.

Dave Stevens, creator, writer and artist for The Rocketeer, did a great job making sure the movie was good. Disney was going to change the helmet a lot and Stevens worked with the movie guys and made sure they kept the helmet design from the comics. The rocket pack was changed, and Bettie Page, Cliff's gf in the comics, had to be changed because Disney sure as fuck wasn't going to have a nude fetish model show up in their family-friendly movie.

Attached: Back Issue 47 61.jpg (1659x2154, 646K)

Sorry but his words has more weight than yours since he has a successful TV show and you don't.

Spawn was shitty and no one remembers it

Wrong McFarlane

So it's true, stupid people do like The Rocketeer.

Watched it a lot when I was a kid. Very underrated and should have been a trilogy.

Peak Jennifer Connelly.

As bad as Phantom was, I always liked it.

this nigga knows what's up. The Rocketeer was when Connelly had those young twenties big perky titties before the reduction and no wrinkles. Before the milk spoiled.

>its a "i saw this on rlm and wanna talk about it" episode

Attached: kornwhyser.jpg (600x1040, 75K)

Tits aside, Connelly's still hit. Older actresses often are

Depends on the actress, some of them hit the wall hard.

can't we just talk about Rocketeer without mentioning those HACKFRAUDS

disappointing. I completely understand why, but still Bettie in a scifi pulp movie would have been great since she did a lot of pin up and plenty of damsel in distress stuff

Attached: Capture.jpg (354x366, 16K)

Seeing this thread reminds me I need to get a copy of this film. It's just a great pulpy film with all the right elements. It would have been cool to have a sequel but I'm happy for films to be one and done sometimes.

I love The Shadow a lot but I'm not going to argue. I can't remember anything about the Phantom movie even though I saw at the cinema.

>nude fetish

Why couldn't I have gotten an easy fetish like this?

I would be interested in knowing how much Bettie got financially from the Rocketeer stuff and afterwards. Her appearance in the comic definitley renewed interest in her stuff and there was merchandise based on her made after the comic brought her back, I hope she saw some of that. I know Dave did have a sincere respect for her, and wasn't the type of person to just rob her image.

Attached: e49b_3.jpg (800x702, 129K)

Neither of them are superheroes.

Remember that when he did the Rocketeer, no one knew what happened to her, it was like she fell off the grid.

>Stevens thought he could never meet Bettie Page except in his artwork. Nobody knew what had happened to her after she went off the grid in the late 1950s, but as it turned out she was very much alive and living in Los Angeles in the 1990s, not very far from Stevens' own home. An older woman by then, Page said she was completely unaware of all that had transpired with her image since she removed herself from the public eye more than 30 years before. Stevens and Page became friends and he helped ensure that she was finally compensated for the use of her likeness in merchandising and in the media, and she would credit Stevens in interviews for all he'd done in service of her legacy. In 2001 Stevens very happily told Mark Evanier, "It's amazing. After years of fantasizing about this woman, I'm now driving her to cash her Social Security checks." Most touchingly, as reported by his friend, the cartoonist Lea Hernandez, Stevens was always sure to be with Page on her birthday.

Are you twelve or retarded? Yes. It's pretty well-remembered in general. Like Dick Tracy. If you're a child and weren't alive for them releasing I can understand.

Lol what?

Shadow started out in pulps and radio. The Saint started out in books. They eventually got comics, but so did Zorro. If you disqualify Zorro because he didn't start out as a comic book then you'll have to disqualify those two as well.

That's really cool.

Compared to most cape movies of that era, it was actually pretty good. Neat soundtrack, good special effects. Cheesy as shit, but they all were back then, get over yourself (to the nose-raising critics)

Also, I liked the Shadow, and I hope he gets a reboot movie.

Who'd play the shadow? After so much time since the last one does it really count as a reboot, especially if the first didn't have any sequels?

I loved this movie as a kid. I wish there was a trilogy. I really liked the design of the jet pack and just how.. sleek and fast it was, and how it was designed and worked. That one scene with them testing it out on the statue was great!

Very good comic book movie.

Attached: SE.png (357x211, 89K)

Alec Baldwin

I'm serious.

theres nothing wrong with that desu