Any reason this guy can't hold down a show for more than two seasons?

Any reason this guy can't hold down a show for more than two seasons?

Attached: splash-chgreenblatt.jpg (600x375, 36K)

Because Harvey Beaks was shit.

Lucky, I guess... maybe that's how it should be. A lot of shows only stay fresh for the first couple seasons.

Networks can’t resist bending him over and railing him hard. He must be a legend in the sack.

The dude worked on Spongebob in the glory days, it must hurt to not be able to recreate that yourself

Because he tells the truth, and people fear the truth.

???

You heard him

Because he's a commie.

That's just your opinion, but it has more to do with Nick canning him when he shittalked their production practices.

fpbp

At least he gets a few shows. I'd argue because the shows he makes aren't popular and/or cheap enough to keep making on top of him complaining about studios.

Like what
It's a shame, since Chowder was such a visually interesting show

Chowder went downhill when it got too meta for it's own good.

Harvey was a case of "not meeting Spongebob ratings."

Nothing's going to reach Spongebob ratings. It's a one of a kind show.

He's a genius in the field of animation, but he's difficult for networks to work with. Basically, a John K-lite.

Loud House did. It's honestly kind of a surprise

What?! Receipts, please.
Difficult how? And how's he a genius?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - karma did him in. He went on record, in a public interview, saying how HAPPY he was to be on Nickelodeon because they have reliable scheduled and that he'd know when his episodes air.

What a fucking joke of a statement.

Cartoon Network aired Chowder consistently. Week after week,in their biggest block. Did the block change days? Yes. Har Har Tharsdays eventually died. But Chowder was always airing right alongside Flapjack and their other biggest shows from the era.

Nickelodeon, the land of a thousand hiatuses where shows usually get banished to Nicktoons Network to die, should NEVER be lauded for their consistent schedule. Because they have no consistency unless you count one-thousand episodes of SpongeBob.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-04-11-16-11.png (720x653, 106K)

That's not what karma is. That's irony.

Just as a poor carpenter always blames his tools, a poor cartoonist always blames "THE EVIL SUITED GUYS!!!". Remember Alex Hirsch blaming Disney for the constant delays, censorship, and so on with Gravity Falls? Then we come to find out that Disney was waiting patiently on him to either shit or get off the commode. He was given lax censorship (mainly keeping his liberal agenda shit to a minimum like the gay symbology on the Love God, or his his psychotic shit like snapping a stereotypical 90s kid's neck). Disney bent over backwards for him, hired him practically off the street, gave his girlfriend a show, and generally treated him great, and yet he plays victim constantly on his twitter. Fuck Alex.

With Beaks, the simple fact is, it was a slow and boring show sandwiched between two fast paced heavy hitters (Spongebob and TLH), a sleepier version of Gumball that never really caught on. Greenblatt blamed the Spongebob and everyone but himself for his failure. Made me lose a lot of respect for the guy TBQH.

>Difficult how?
publicly criticizes the network he's working for

>how's he a genius?
Besides creating Chowder and Harvey Beak, he's written and storyboarded the highest praised episodes of every sow he's worked on.

SpongeBob:
Band Geeks
Wet Painters
Krusty Krab Training Video
Dying for Pie
Shanghaied

Billy and Mandy:
Here Thar Be Dwarves!
Keeper of the Reaper
Attack of the Clowns
My Fair Mandy
Dracula Must Die!

Wow, didn't know that

Who the fuck cares about Spongebob? It's a literal children's show.

Was popular across many demographics user

Probably because he's one of the only ones who isn't out of calarts

Attached: Screenshot_142.png (644x644, 936K)

/thread

Chowder ending was due to the rise of CN Real and Harvey ending was due to low ratings and it not really being a fit for Today’s Nick.
Carl is a nice guy and an incredible writer, it’s just bad luck.

it definitely had a lot less effort placed into it than Chowder.

Chowder ended because CN wanted to change their main demographic to slightly older kids and thought Chowder was too young and kiddie for their new direction.

Chowder was made after CN Real, it was one of the first animated series after the CN Real era in the whole back to cartoons thing they were doing in 09

how come people here never talk about it?

Meh, he's done nice work, but I would hardly call him a genius. I doubt he was the only person who worked on all of those great episodes.

Of course he's not the only one, but I think it's pretty easy to tell what parts of those episodes are him. Especially after seeing Chowder, going back to those SpongeBob episodes was pretty enlightening for me.

Don’t rewrite history. Harvey Beaks was killer before The Loud House even premiered. They never affected one another.

TBF, every Nicktoon made since mid-2005 wasn't considered very good.

Chowder aired in 2007, the same year as the shitty Boston bomb scare incident. CN Real didn't entirely buttfuck the network until '09.