New Mutants

How loud will the bitching about Sunspot's casting be when/if this comes out? Comparable to Domino in Deadpool 2? Or do people just not care about the New Mutants?

Attached: 1541821031605.png (1876x1164, 3.25M)

I just thought Yea Forums was against any race changes

They are already complaining
Thats actually the main reason they are happy that the movie is basically cancelled
There are even some going all gestapo on Moonstar's actress because she may not have enough native blood

t.Pablo

Isn't Sunspot being Afro-Brazilian a key part of his origin? I don't think anyone not retarded has problems with a race change when it has nothing really to do with the established character. But if their specific ETHNIC (race is an utterly vague meaningless term for Amerifats) background is part of the character, for example Matt Murdock is an Irish American Catholic specifically, then yeah a race change is problematic. In this case yeah Sunspot should have an Afro-Iberian actor.

Attached: images.jpg (284x177, 11K)

Sunspot is supposed to be black

I'm as annoyed as I was about The Deep on The Boys being a white guy.

They always complain and then the movie comes out and then they stop complaining. Then something else comes out and the cycle continues. People actually threw a fit about Idris Elba being Heimdall and then he turned out the be the best thing in the Thor movies.

>Isn't Sunspot being Afro-Brazilian a key part of his origin

I wouldn't say that's a "key" part. He need's to be brazillian, that's for sure, but his skin color was never a big deal in the comics, as long as he still looks latin-like.

In fact, he's being whitewashed in the comics for a long time

>Matt Murdock is an Irish American Catholic specifically, then yeah a race change is problematic

Again, the race has nothing to do with his character. As long as he's blind and catholic and a lawyer, it would still work.

you see, THAT are his key features, not his hair or skin color.

And that's why you can't turn Black Panther or Luke Cage white, but it shouldn't be so problematic with War Machine or Blade (other than sjw butthurt), since it's not a key feature they're just regular guys who happen to be niggers

Attached: tumblr_mouldeVP7f1r93jy5o1_500.png (500x500, 453K)

It was literally a part of his short origin

Attached: 1543122368943.jpg (532x799, 107K)

I thought he was supposed to be darker skinned Latino

Only if you raceswap a white character or waifu

Darker skinned Latinos usually have Black ancestry. You can be Black and Latino. See: Populations in DR, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Honduras, and Colombia.

Sunspot being a black mixed race Brazilian was a key feature of his origin. Matt Murdock is specifically Irish American Catholic rather than generically Catholic (say South American, African, another Euro ethnicity etc).

Where characters have a specific well defined ethnic background you can't race bend them where they don't you can.

For example I think Idis Elba would be a great Bond. Bond is specifically Upper Middle Class British. There's lots of Black Britons with that background especially who have been Army officers etc. He could easily be a 3td, 4th or 5th generation black Briton from a well to do Oxford educated military background. I grew up with dudes like that. But Matthew Murdock is always a Working Class Irish American Catholic as opposed to being say a Middle Class East Asian American.

Attached: 153947750.jpg.gallery.jpg (1200x1539, 116K)

>Again, the race has nothing to do with his character. As long as he's blind and catholic and a lawyer, it would still work.
The character is from a part of New York that literally got its name from being an Irish ghetto.
Plus, Irish Catholics in America have a lot of weird traditions that Matt has been portrayed giving credence to.

>Oh yeah cause a Rich kid will be bullied in football,on Brazil of all places,because he is Black.
You know our greatest football player was black.

Sunspot a cute

Bond would’ve needed to be able to slip into Russia unnoticed as a spy I don’t see idris being able to do that

This is the biggest problem. If Bond had a mission in China they would be suspicious of the rich white guy but it would be fairly normal. When a rich black guy comes around they're all like "Gwailou go home you monkey"

I just want him to be brazilian, he's one of the only relevant characters from my country. If he isn't going to be brazilian I hope this movie never sees the light o the day.

Never cared for mutants.

Attached: the only good mutant is a dead mutant.jpg (1219x965, 686K)

Again, this are Matt Murdock characteristics, but they're NOT key featrues.

You can do an Alternate Universe story about Daredevil where he's black or asian-american, and people would still identify him as Daredevil. But you could never do and AU Daredevil who can see, or is an Atheist, because then he wouldn't be Daredevil anymore.

>put the effort in to cast a decent Dani
>everyone bitches about the latino guy not being dark enough and calls the whole movie whitewashed

Fuck these nigger centric race politics

Attached: MV5BZmI1ZThiOGYtZjUzNi00OGUwLTk0NmMtYjRkZGQyNT.jpg (770x470, 32K)

Matt Murdock IS Daredevil. Fuck legacy characters

Is Anole in New Mutants? What about Rockslide?

>they did X right so ignore them doing Y wrong
eat shit, retard

brazil is more racist than fucking american, afro latinos get a shit ton of racist hate that you even forget they exist.

Sunspot father is not pure afro Brazilian (pure afro-brazilians are a minority of minority), he's "pardo" with a dark skin tone.
Sunspot mother is red-headed irish extremely white so by no means he would end up looking like a afro-brazilian

I think Neymar and his father is a perfect representation of how Roberto and his father should look like. Dark skin but clearly softened African features

Attached: images (14).jpg (296x299, 13K)

I know that Anya is perfect for the role but let's bitch against the fact that she's not slav too

No no no. All whites are one race, it's only non-white characters that we need to be excessively critical about.

>people complaining that Karma isn't in the movie
>despite not being in the original storyline

>no one complains that Magma isn't in the movie
>despite being one of two characters that was actually competent against the bear

Karma is actually an interesting character and is a qt asian girl
Magma is a stupid character with a retarded origin and is also a boring white bitch

>Karma is actually an interesting character and is a qt asian girl

There's a reason that Claremont wrote her off the team TWICE

I felt that he really hated her.
imagine being a 80s kid fan of the new mutants with a crush on karma and when you finally learn what happened to her she appears in THAT disgusting situation

speaking of her, she not appearing in this first movie has a lot of potential, they could build a second movie based on dani looking trying to find out"what happened to the missing mutant kid she know (shan)". her powers are great for a villain and the reveal that it the real villain is the shadowking can be even more terrorizing. I know he was used for the Legion series but whatever
but please, without the DISGUSTING factor.

Attached: 0a5655eb89a8807007713de6e04f4fa6.jpg (362x686, 53K)

I think he regretted using her in The New Mutants. She seemed like a fit but she was originally created as a one off character. As a solo character she would work well, as a villain she would work well but writing her as a part of an ensemble would be tiring.

Fuck your ethnocidal talk.

The girls in volume 3 were drawn so fine

>His origin was that he was hated for being black.
>His superpower turns him even blacker.
Lmao.